[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/, are there any good offline character generators?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: oMYUJTN.jpg.png (660KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
oMYUJTN.jpg.png
660KB, 1024x576px
Hey /tg/, are there any good offline character generators?

Just a detailed character from scratch?
>>
Pen and paper isn't too bad.
>>
Use your imagination.
>>
>>50355595
>>50355557

I'm horrible at originality.

I'm not asking for every detail of their life to be solved for me but a good inspiration is always nice.
>>
i heard there's a way of doing it using tarot cards but i forget how it goes unfortunately
>>
>>50355662
That sounds really interesting. Where did you hear about it?
>>
I used to do this all the time.
Get a coin, and a bunch of other dice. Flip coin for binary choices (eg: Gender)
Roll 100 for age (fudge the numbers a bit)
Make up a list of traits, quirks, visual shit then roll on that.

I usually randomise characters to fill in the gaps of a half-baked character.

>>50355662
>>50355677
I tried to read the cards for a character, some cards mean certain elements in a persons past and future, but you can always just project ideas on them. A normal pack of cards can work as well (bc, well -- its based on tarots) and you allot traits and variables on cards.
>>
>>50355749
I guess I'm just bad at the initial coming up with traits/quirks part but I guess I'll have to work on it.

I like your idea though.
>>
>>50355677
on tumblr
>>
>>50355639

Take a standard trope. "Hooker with a heart of gold" "Mad Scientist out to prove themselves" "Grim and Gritty Detective"

From there, try to put your own spin on it. That hooker with a heart of gold? Maybe she's not actually a hooker professionally, but she's not against selling her ass for some quick gold or to get information. Maybe they are a cleric of the goddess of love, and is a sanctioned temple whore in addition to being a traveling adventurer.

Mad Scientist out to prove themselves? It could be a crazy old wizard, trying to prove their theories are correct, a Bat-Man knock off, seeking to prove you don't need cosmic rays or genetics to be a super hero.

Grim and Gritty detective could be a retired city guard, sniffing out corruption he never could while wearing a badge, a frontier lawbringer, using his keen skills to determine if this was actually a wild beast, or murder most foul.

It all starts with a few words and an idea. Build from there.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.