[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>50353789 So I had some interest in the story revolving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: CONCERN.jpg (112KB, 784x708px) Image search: [Google]
CONCERN.jpg
112KB, 784x708px
>>50353789
So I had some interest in the story revolving around this little tid bit

>"I spend 6 months undermining your 2 year campaign because I have psionic schizophrenia
undoing all your hard won diplomatic victories at the hour of your success because thats what my character would do"

So I'll tell the story. I mentioned I am not a very good story teller, and its true. So I'll do what I can but dont expect much. This is the story of Quintin Laramoore. His death and rise. The story of how he fell from the grace of the Pharoah and into insanity.

Stay tuned. Writing it up now.
>>
File: IMG_0944.jpg (205KB, 1056x1713px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0944.jpg
205KB, 1056x1713px
>>50355265
Quintin was a special snowflake. He was made of a naive belief that if the GM tells you your character is irredeemably evil prior to ever playing with him that you will still be able to get a happy ending.

He had flaws, so I dont think he tread into Mary Sue territory. Certainly it was a struggle to make the NPC's like him. Some even loved him. A cult sprung up but thats neither here nor there.

He was born to a family of necromancers. The family business? Counterfeit dwarven jewelry. Faux Masterwork, so to speak. His families manor built on the ruins of an ancient dwarf settlement away from civilization. Over the years a town sprung up to support them and they did likewise, supporting the people who fed and clothed them. They built schools, sponsored artisans, and practiced small loans for the townsfolk when their crops failed or they needed a leg up to by that plow, horse or dowry. This all came to a crashing halt when she strode into town...

She was the fairest half elven maid Quintin had ever met and he courted her as he had never done before. She obliged his attention and accepted his gifts, always with a knowing smile upon her lips.

The day before he intended to proffer a proper proposal he was called away to bargain for a large sum of gems in the nearby city of bridgeport. Their was a kerfuffle over tariffs and it needed to be sorted asap to make the delivery. So he left. The ring next to his bed, and in one of the families coaches.

That is, of course, when things went tits up for poor Laramoore.
>>
>>50355362
If you hadn't guessed it the family business was unabashedly stolen from 'Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura' My friends had never played it so it never came up.

To continue our story...

As Quintin left his lady fairest decided to act. She contacted some friends, waiting in the wings and from there they invaded Laramoore Manor. I had not mentioned this, but Necromancers are not a fruitful bunch. Something about mucking with that much negative energy gave them little swimmers which swam crooked. Regardless, Quintin was the only living entity to reside within.

To say that a bunch of thieves, would be adventurers and unabashed scoundrels were surprised to find the wealthy sponsor of a podunk town had skeletons in his closet would be something of an understatement. I can hardly write about their death defying feats, destroying skeleton butlers, and spectral servants and Quintin never learned whether they pierced the deep vaults. (He prays that they did not)

What greeted him upon his arrival home was a band of pitchfork and torch wielding people he once cared for as a lord cares for those under his care. His manor was a smoldering ruin, as were the accumulated wealth of his family, plus his heirlooms. All lost. All gone. 700 years of history up in smoke. He learned from the townsfolks shouting that some right noble heroes had cleansed his home from the earth, and that their proof was being sent to Bridgeport and he'd be hunted down to the end of the earth for his crimes.

A fear spell later, he had his servant turn the carriage around through the empty streets and towards the east, and the grand desert. He had never been but he was feeling distance might make the current crisis better.

With all that bullshit out of the way, we can move onto the actual events of my little blerb. Brace for mediocrity.
>>
>>50355551
Quintin had a habit of attaching to his fellows, and doing his utmost to seem them comfortable and safe. He became something of a mother hen and was described as a layered pastiche of Kaiser Söze, Skeletor and Barney the dinosaur.

Long sorry short he wasn't typically evil, he thought of himself as a merchant with peculiar skills and wanted to set up a new life for himself after adventurers burned down his old home and told the surrounding peasants the truth of their benefactors.

He thought of his fellow party members as family, and sought to aid them in their trials. Sadly they frequently died because the players wanted new characters or were dumb causing no small distress to Quintin. (No, don't fly into the cave the crazy liche ran into, its a trap. runs in, dies. "fuckin DM")

Quintin grew to dominate the stage. The only original character from the start of the game, the entire story revolves around him. Something to note is while this game was ongoing my undiagnosed depression was spiraling out of control. I do get attached to these make believe heroes and anti-heroes. Even the NPC's and my reactions were perhaps amplified by the melancholy I felt at all times.

His fellows were monsters. They murdered without remorse or provocation. Where Quintin would at all times try to discuss terms they would simply murder and torture whoever faced them. Quintin wanted allies, but they wanted nothing of the sort. This was largely due to my depression but I would take the responsibility for their actions onto myself.
Eventually everyone he truly cared about died, or was lost to him. Embittered he turned to the darker aspects of necromancy, using soul shards they had found to complete his transformation into a liche.
>>
>>50355710
We had a player. Rick. Joined shortly after this. He seemed very nice. Until he started screaming at delivery folks and berating them. For some reason we kept him in the group. However he spent his 6 months utterly undermining the whole party and specifically my character. In and out of game. He spent a considerable sum of money buying the dungeon master (story teller) food, books, and other gifts to get him to go along with his plans. He would take out other players to meals and tell them how awful my character was. They ate his food and laughed at him.

He spent all of his resources turning a year and a half of politicking into ash and at the end of all of it. When the final, terrible awful session was over he had the gall to say "why are you so mad, it's just a game!" Apparently... Apparently I looked so much like I was about to punch him in the throat, my bouncer buddy moved between us and walked me to his car for a ride home.

Anyway, my character went mad because his family was dead or dying, his friends turned on him and attacked him because ricks actions behind the scenes which he had arranged with the DM to be utterly impossible to detect. Oh and the big bad was actually him from the future who had went to the past to prevent all this but become entombed after overshooting the present by 3 thousand years due to the finicky nature of chronomancy. Also he was immediately murdered by Quintin's friends after giving his warning so no further discussion could take place.

Essentially I was so burned out by the asshole at the table, the GM himself burning out and banning my class before the last session, and my own severe depression I gave him a bad end and he walked off into the desert with the various chronal artifacts to let history repeat itself.

Quintin Laramoore. All he wanted was someone to love.
>>
>>50355265
final ba-bump and then I'll let it die.
>>
File: 6b9.png (91KB, 497x455px) Image search: [Google]
6b9.png
91KB, 497x455px
>>50355265
>>50355362
>>50355551
>>50355710
>>50355725

Stories like these make me extremely paranoid man. I play often with players that seem more interested in going murderhobo and disregard any kind of human decency for more loot and then there's me with my pesky character that is more interested in making connections/gathering info/investing money/helping everyone around him and sometimes I get instant heat with them.

It's happening again and I just pre-emptively went "I got you all under my boot, don't make me stomp" to ensure they wont fuck with me.
>>
>>50355944
Then you look like the bad guy interfering in their fun. Who is right?

Nobody knows man...

I try to make sure fun is had by as many people as possible. Its getting harder though.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.