[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if the Tau are so advanced because they found a 100% complete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: little_toaster.png (122KB, 459x344px) Image search: [Google]
little_toaster.png
122KB, 459x344px
Think about it, once the Ethereals managed to unify the Tau, their civilization expanded from rocks and stones to mecha-wielding galaxy conquerers in but mere milleniums. What if the Greater Good is just a misinterpreted version of the knowledge of the older days of humanity, when it was naive and more innocent? What if Tau tech is just interpretations of old human tech?
>>
Wasn't the Tau homeworld obscured by a Warp storm for a while at some point? I thought the warp sped up time on their planet, allowing them to advance rapidly from the galaxy's point of view.
>>
>>50353431
>their civilization expanded from rocks and stones to mecha-wielding galaxy conquerers in but mere milleniums.

That's how humans did it too. This really shouldn't be the surprising part. What should be shocking everyone is how the Imperium hasn't managed to even accidentally advance for 10k years.
>>
>>50353431
Dude, a complete and incorrupt STC would allow you to dump ore and trees in one end and shit a singularity projector capable of wiping out fleets out the other, with literally NO technical knowledge required of the operator. Tau are not even remotely close to the weaponized timetravel bullshit that DAoT humanity rolled with.
>>
>>50353431
If they did then they have completely redesigned the blueprints heresy, becase the Tau don't really have anything that resembles an Imperial Knight, and they date back to the Dark Age of Technology.
>>
>>50353531
Was Golden Age humanity comparable to or more advanced than The Culture?
>>
>>50353636
Not even close. They were more like Star Trek level but without reliable FTL.
>>
>>50353636
Based on what I've heard, no, but they were pretty balls. Don't listen to >>50353674. They were much more advanced/dangerous than Star Trek.
>>
>>50353674
Then how the hell would they be making singularity projectors?
>>
>>50353505
Well, the AdMech (or sections of it) actively work against inventing new technology, because it is seen as heresy against the Omnissiah.
>>
>>50353674
I don't know about you, lad, but retrocausal singularity cannons are a fair bit more advanced than gridfire.
>>
>>50353750
It's a difference of scale. Singularity and time-warp weapons (the latter of the two shifts an entire ship a millisecond into the past, where it catastrophically intersects with itself and suffers the wrath of CLANG) were top-shelf equipment, reserved for fleet centerpieces and installations of extreme importance such as Luna and Mars. They didn't have the resources to deploy them in a widespread fashion, instead "merely" fielding Warhound and Reaver Titans with bigass lasers and plasma weapons as primary battle tanks.

The Culture, meanwhile, can pretty much shit out whatever technological abominations it likes in whatever quantity they want. They have not only the tech to build it, but the tech and infrastructure to do so effortlessly.
>>
>>50353431
>in but mere milleniums.
Wait, I'm confused.
A few thousand years isn't enough time to progress?
Shit, someone better tell historians that.
>>
I just figured they were a civ that got some good bonus techs from early huts and managed to maximize their science yields and bonuses, with a few relatively friendly city-states nearby.

Still trying to culture-flip the neighboring wide-civ, though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.