[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 44

File: U8RBmdc.jpg (462KB, 1622x1058px) Image search: [Google]
U8RBmdc.jpg
462KB, 1622x1058px
TFW at work and want to go home and paint stuff

>resources
pastebin.com/tp31cBzS

>General's Handbook pdf is up
https://mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old Thread
>>50302726
>>
first for elves
>>
>>50345313
>So, since the Diazmonettes are back on sale for a bit I though I'd buy some to make a small slaanesh force. What's slaanesh's best and worst options for units? Is the battallion any good?
Here I am.

>Best unit
Seekers of Slaanesh. They are stupidly fast and hit reasonably hard. You can't make an entire army out of them, but when you need to hit the weak point of your enemy, those are your girls.

Also Daemonettes are one of the best battleline in the game in my opinion. Fragile, but do they hit hard.
Remember to always have them on Locus. That makes them so much tankier, and if you get the bonus from the Grand Alliance they become butchers.

Do not use the rules of the Daemons of Chaos compendium. Download the proper PDF from the page of the unit or buy the Grand Alliance Chaos book.
The difference is that the upgraded rules say they get the Locus from any SLAANESH DAEMON HERO, not only DAEMONETTE HERO.
It's important.

>Worst Unit
Sadly, it's my favourite too.
It's the Fiend of Slaanesh.
It's not absolutely and totally bad, but it's disappointing to say the least.

>Is the battallion any good?
No, but it's cheap. Remember that you get a extra Relic for each Battalion you have, so it's nice to have.
So you get a +1 movement, a small chance to get some wounds back and a relic for 40 points. It's a good deal.
But if to make it you need to split all your daemonettes in small units of 10, forget it.
Daemonettes need to be 20 if possible. Not for the bonus (which is nice but meh) but because they are fragile and you'll need them to sustain a couple of combats. You can have one unit of 10 girls to control objectives, but if you want to go to the front, you'll need 20.
>>
>>50346044
Daily reminder that around these folk, watch yourselves.
>>
>>50347195
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>50347300
Basically, fuck elves.
>>
>>50347300
They'll steal your children.

Not even a joke. Fuck elves.
>>
Hello AOS people.
May I ask you to try and sell me on this game?
I always hated it. I hate the Sigmarines and the new Chaos. I find the new Dwarves disgusting and the Orcs, while not that bad, are far too WOWish in design for me. I did read the original rules and I found them very, very underwhelming.
On the other hand, the old models are far less expensive than the new ones and I still love some of those, not to mention I have a pretty big collection already.
So, please, persuade me that the rules aren't as bad as I first tought. I promise no shitposting or bitter commentaries will come from me on this thread, I just want to know if this is a game I could enjoy or not.
>>
>>50347494
If you don't like, don't force yourself. It's pointless. I read the first campaing book and couldn't finish it, and it's fine. Don't try to get persuaded into it if you don't like it, just seek another system and don't delude yourself.
>>
>>50347494
Dont force yourself to like something you dont anon. But you can always try a few games before you make up your mind
>>
>>50347494
You could always just try it out. Just us telling you how awesome we think something is will be unlikely to change your mind.
>>
File: Champions.jpg (184KB, 1062x626px) Image search: [Google]
Champions.jpg
184KB, 1062x626px
Two players at my shop have just bought these two Champions.

They point out that there are no rules for them; there are the Lord of Plagues and the Chaos Lord of Slaanesh which came close to the concept, but they are armed very differently.

Lord of Plagues have rules for an Axe, and the Chaos Lord of Slaanesh have sword and shield.

How would you deal with that?

1) Just ignore how the model is made. Use the rules from the book.
2) Make some custom rules for their weapons.
3) They are not the same heroes as those in the books, so make unique rules for them.
>>
>>50347646
>>50347884
I know, I know. It's just that I saw some of the Start Collecting deals and damn, I want to get my hands on those, but also wouldn't mind to be able to play them in a game.

>>50348008
Pros and cons? Does it have tactical depth? Is it wildly luck-dependant? Do different unit play in different ways so that you can feel their unique impact on the battlefield? Does every game just devolve into a shapeless brawl at the center of the table?
I'd just like to know how you feel about its playability, that's it.
>>
>>50348036
Just ignore how the model is made, it shouldn't really matter.
>>
>>50348101
>Does it have tactical depth? Is it wildly luck-dependant? Do different unit play in different ways so that you can feel their unique impact on the battlefield? Does every game just devolve into a shapeless brawl at the center of the table?
Jesus christ, that is like a list from the shitposters handbook.

Anyway, yes it has some tactical depth, just a different kind than what fantasy had. Now, due to various special rules and abilities, certain units and characters interact in certain ways, so you want to position your units in a way so you can take full advantage of that, while trying to deny your enemy the ability to do the same.
Also, instead of the turns going you-me-you-me, every round you roll to see who goes first, so it is possible for someone to have two turns in a row, and you need to account for this.
The game is also designed around playing objectives, they range from simple "take and hold points", to more thematic, asymmetrical ones.

Luck dependant? Sort of. In the same way all dice based wargames are I suppose. As always, it is about risk management.

Most units should feel different, especially units within your own army. Most armies don't really have multiple units that do the same thing. There are loads of different buffs available to you as well, so you will be deciding what units you want for what buffs etc.

As for the last one, as I said. The game should be played with one of the battleplans. If you do that, it really shouldn't turn into a shapeless brawl in the centre, since there are objectives to contest. If you play without a battleplan, and only play the base rules, then yes it turns into a shapeless brawl, but so does Fantasy, and so does 40k.

Look up some videos on youtube. Preferably those released after July, so they are using the generals handbook.
>>
>>50348204
Thank you, that was very informative.

That was like a list from the shitposters handbook because, basically, the shitposters tend to always point out the same - real or otherwise - flaws for this game. And since I know shitposters are unreliable and often misguided, I prefer to see how people who like and play this game address such criticism. I didn't mean that as an attack to the game anyway; these are some of my concerns with any wargame I set my eyes on.
>>
Looking to get into AoS here, kind of torn between what faction to pick up first. I like the fyreslayers but there's no starter box yet, are the old dwarf ironbreakers and other models usable for anything?
>>
>>50347375
different setting

here they steal pansexual gods
>>
>>50348569
>>
>>50348547
Ironbreakers are useful for being Ironbreakers. Rhat's all they need to be.
>>
>>50348679
I didn't know if there were still rules for the old models or no. Figured that's why they're still on the shop but asked to be sure.
>>
File: 20161122_010056.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161122_010056.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
What are you working on /aosg/?
>>
>>50348297
As others have said, try the game out. You don't need to invest any money to just try it. Find some of the players in your area and ask them to run you a demo game. Unless there are no AoS players in your area, in which this is all a moot point and really not worth trying to get into. Play what is played locally, because that is what really matters.
>>
>>50348547
Irobreakers and all the old dwarf units are still a thing. It's called Dispossessed. You can make an army of them, combined with Ironweld Arsenal for the engineer and big guns.
>>
>>50348725
There are. There are even rules for some models not sold any more (Tomb Kings)
>>
File: 99120201052_ChaosMarauders01.jpg (86KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120201052_ChaosMarauders01.jpg
86KB, 600x620px
does anyone know how many shields come in a box of these? is it only the 16 shown, or are there 24?

The old fantasy box only had 16 marauders if I recall, but this new box has 20 marauders.

maybe I should get a box and find out. The heads and weapons will be useful for varying the 60 monopose bloodreavers I have on the way.
>>
>>50349649
Longbeards. They have been sitting on my desk, half done, for like, a month and a half now. I should finish them so I can move onto a unit more fun to paint.
>>
I like AoS's rules from what I can see, but I have a couple questions.

Why do you measure from the model and not the base? It just feels wrong to me. Looking at the FAQ it even says that if the model's too high up/down, it can't even hit anything with it's weapons. That makes sense realistically, but game-wise it doesn't to me. Anyone else feel this way?

Also, what exactly is in the General's handbook, aside from points?
>>
>>50350129
Measuring from the base is an optional rule that most people opt for. The GHB even provides it as an option and suggests it.

The GHB is a wealth of a resource for AoS players. It provides suggestions and ideas for narrative campaigns, it provides the alegiance abilities and artefacts for the 4 main grand alliances, and also gives rules specific to matched play. People are pretty much considering it the essential 'rulebook' people should buy when interested in getting into this game.

And for the price point of $25 for 170 pages full color, you really can't ask for a better core rulebook you need to invest in.
>>
File: DSCF4460.jpg (612KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4460.jpg
612KB, 1024x768px
>>50349649
This. And I'm stuck.

I don't know what I don't like about this, nor how can I improve it.

It just feels wrong to me.
>>
>>50348036
Depends on who you want to play with. If playing with some random dude, use 1. Otherwise, both 2 and 3 sound great.
>>
>>50350399
Accents on the metal?
>>
What's your favorite themed list and the most flavor list you've run?
>>
>>50350399

A bit of a verdigris wash on the bronze parts/rust on the metal bits?
>>
>>50348115
then whats the point of actually having models idiot? just put fucking placeholders on the table and keep your money.
>>
can u guys diferentiate between the fyreslayer models? to me they all look like fucking bunch of naked dwarves. dinos are cool though. what were they thinking?
>>
>>50351994
>can u guys diferentiate between the fyreslayer models?
yes
>to me they all look like fucking bunch of naked dwarves.
That's their theme. An army of half-naked dwarves who pound magical metal into their flesh to gain the powers of their god. It's pretty badass, really.
>dinos are cool though.
Yeah they are. But they are giant lizards. Dinos are the seraphon.
>what were they thinking?
They were trying to make a new flavor of dwarf that really hasn't been capitalized by any other fantasy setting? I think they succeeded. The Slayer was always unique to warhammer, and they jut took the slayer theme, made an army out of it, and turned it up to 11
>>
Can I get some advice? I really want to build an army of norhing but guns and cannons, but I dont know what units to buy or even look at. The AoS app is a nightmare to use if you don't know where to look.
>>
>>50352149
Look at Freeguild and Ironweld Arsenal
>>
>>50352149
Do you want your army to be legal in matched play? If so, then it's impossible as there are limits to how much artillery you can bring.

If not, then just do ironweld arsenal
>>
>>50352200
depending on what anon considers "guns" maybe freeguild handgunners?
>>
>>50352291
That's what I'm thinking now. A couple battleine handgunners, a cannon, some iron breakers and maybe a steam tank. The biggest issue is I'll need a unit like Thunderers to hold the line. I can shoot into melee right?
>>
>>50352383
Yes
>>
>If all models in a unit are within or on a terrain feature, you can add 1 to all save rolls for that unit to represent the cover they receive from the terrain. This modifier does not apply in the combat phase if the unit you are making saves for made a charge move in the same turn.
>no "toe in cover" or "one unit in cover" problem
>no arguing over what is 4+ cover and what is 5+ cover
my initial feelings were right; people who hated on this game did so because they did not read the rules
>>
>>50352547
also

>no TLOS to determine cover and arguing whether 50% of the model is obstructed or not, either ALL the models are in the terrain feature or they aren't. no ifs, ands, or buts.
>>
Cog smith worth it on a cannon or is 100 poonts fo a reroll too much?
>>
>>50352741
don't forget the cogsmith has a nice ifle and can repair war machines
>>
>>50352795
not to mention a nice little bonus. put the warmachine next to a piece of damned scenery, and have it take the mortal wound for the bonus, then have the cogsmith heal it. Even better is just use your cogsmith as a counts-as Grimm Burloksson. Costs the same points, has better weapons and save, and repairs war machines D3 instead of just 1. Not to mention Grimm buffs a single unit of thunderer's range.

Having a cogsmith or grimm is absolutely essential if you are bringing an organ gun.
>>
>>50352906
Damned scenery is D3 mortal wounds, not just 1.
>>
>>50353347
I never said damned scenery was just 1 mw
>>
>>50353450
Yes you did
>put the warmachine next to a piece of damned scenery, and have it take the mortal wound for the bonus
>>
>>50353502
Typo then. I know damned is d3. This is why I recomended grimm burloksson. But regardless, if youre lucky you can have your war machines do at least 2 or 3 turns of improved shooting, even with a regular cogsmith repairing.
>>
>>50349884
>shields
anyone know?

I guess I'll just have to buy a box eventually and find out
>>
>>50351937
Nice bait, but I will bite.

There is a difference between an old, out of date model that fits the role, and a paper cut out.
>>
File: 5192333.jpg (163KB, 530x510px) Image search: [Google]
5192333.jpg
163KB, 530x510px
Hey fuckers who here has played Path to Glory campaigns?
>>
>>50347494
I just find the gameplay way more enjoyable than WFB. All the lore i come up with for my armies are based on the Old World still, simply because it's cooler imo. Not a huge fan of some of the new models but they're armies i don't play so it doesn't bother me that much.
>>
FUCKING STEAM DORFS WHEN?!
>>
>>50357303
Next year. That's all we know. That's all that GW said. Next year. Could be early, could be later, but next year. So stop asking, until new years.
>>
>>50349884
They come with twenty, and there have always been twenty maruaders in the box.
>>
File: wfb_marauder.jpg (223KB, 1335x877px) Image search: [Google]
wfb_marauder.jpg
223KB, 1335x877px
>>50357498
there are eight on a sprue how do they give you twenty? do they cut a shield sprue in half?
>>
>>50357597
Presumably 24 then.
If they haven't cut the sprue in half for some reason.
>>
File: 001.jpg (93KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
93KB, 600x419px
>>50357597
>there are eight on a sprue
nobody said that
>>
File: 99120201052_ChaosMarauders09.jpg (12KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120201052_ChaosMarauders09.jpg
12KB, 600x620px
>>50358355
the bodies may be in sprues of four, but the shields are in sprues of eight
>>
1000 Points 'The Warmachine'

Freeguild General

Cogsmith

Freeguild Hand Gunner x20

Freeguild Hang Gunner x20

Irondrakes x10

Cannon

Thoughts on this list? General is the General giving me +2 to hit with handgunners and their close fire spam. Everyone has some manner of way to shoot, and hold the line,
>>
I'm half tempted to get into AoS, mainly because 40k is a fucking shitshow at the moment.

However, every game I've seen played at the LGS is pretty much a moshpit in the middle of the board, which doesn't seem like much fun at all.

Also, how are Skaven? Since Orruks are pretty much just WoW Orcs I really have no interest in them.
>>
>>50359002
It's a moshpit if you don't use missions. You got to play objective games or it's boring as fuck. Also get creative with the terrain to change things up.

Skaven are neat, and the clans get a lot more focus in how you build your army though you can still mix them. The rats die and flee in swarms, but they can shit out mortal (unsaveable) wounds with their warmachines.
>>
File: 1475784974510.jpg (112KB, 1280x915px) Image search: [Google]
1475784974510.jpg
112KB, 1280x915px
>>50355328
Yes. Between me and four close friends. It was very fun. My skaven basically acted as Saturday morning cartoon villains, meaning I didn't win one game. Ironjawz were especially good at ruining me. Besides that, if you have some people who are willing to invest time, a whole elaborate campaign can be very rewarding.>>50356244
>>
>>50359002
Wait how are Orruks WoW Orcs? I can't see any similarities other than being Green.
>>
>>50359002
like 40k, AoS without objectives is a clusterfuck
>>
>>50359111
Well, compared to 40k Orks.
>>
>>50359111
wow's "iron horde" has a lot of similar aesthetics to the new Ironjawz models, especially the megaboss.

Other than that they are pretty much nothing alike. The Iron Horde were actually brown or grey skinned, and not green. They also were big fans of industrialization and trains.

Warhammer Orcs/Orruks also lack the strong identity that 40k Orks have.
>>
God as a guy that likes dwarves this new pic about the steam dwarves has me stoked. Only thing that would make this beeter would be some form of high elves but AOS'ified.

To bad I have no one to play with in my local area or to even learn the game with
>>
>>50359199
do you have no gaming group at all? surely you could talk someone into splitting a starter box with?

They could use more Start Collecting! boxes I think.
>>
>>50358461
Oh my bad, I honestly have no idea if you get a few extra, all I know is I bought one box, and had enough shields for all twenty guys.
>>
>>50359242
ok then good to know

what had me worried is that the store page shows only 16 out of the twenty with shields - one with the banner, one with the drum, the chieftan with two weapons, and one with one of the left hand daggers.
>>
>>50359234

No interest at all from the buddy I play with.

Anon I've only just got into the wargaming scene as a whole. Sucks that my state doesn't really do anything AoS outside of the state's biggest city 3 hours away.

I wanna play some form of TTWG but have no social structure to do it.
>>
>>50359272
Ahh, well I built mine with full command, but I am assuming there are still twenty. And if not, assuming you have some regular warrior shields laying around you could just kitbash those onto them.
>>
>>50359307
the nearest game store is actually two hours away from me so while they have both an AoS an 40k scene that is live enough, I don't actually play either game, just build and paint. I wish I had someone to play with.
>>
>>50359333
I'm cold buying in (no prior fantasy models save a single "grail knight champion" blister I was given over ten years ago) and my list has no warriors.

I'll have to keep scouring ebay and pray something comes up aside from the one sprue in the UK, wherein shipping it to the US would cost double what they are asking.
>>
>>50359342

I'm almost down to fucking doing what you're doing... my only choice is 40k or warmachine. While warmachine is cool and prefer it over 40k I just wanna fucking play a fantasy game...

Can't even find a fucking bloodbowl league nearby... this shit fucking sucks.
>>
>>50359364
Personally I would use other models, since I do not like the marauder ones. It might be easier for you just to order some third party modelsOr use china
>>
>>50359392
I'm using the bloodreaver models because they are cheap and look good, but I want shields for the marauders (bloodreavers obviously don't have them).

This also helps distinguish them from the actual bloodreavers, which I am also fielding. There are a lot of models in my list (72 @ 1000 pts).
>>
>>50358729
Gunline lists are too easy to counter. Any kind of deep strike or global ability kills the crew on your cannon and then it's worthless.

Then you're left with Rend -1 which is not sufficient to deal with something like a Bastiladon or Mournghoul.

A precision shot from something like a Thundertusk snipes your general and you're left with a bunch of 5+/4+ attacks in the shooting phase.

Or you lose initiative roll and get tabled in two rounds of combat.
>>
>>50359414
Oh wait, are you asking just for the shields? like putting them ON bloodreaver bodies? Or fielding actual marauder models?
>>
>>50359496
just the shields.

The heads and weapons would be nice too for varying up and de-khorning the monopose bloodreavers, but I need the shields more as that is what the unit is supposed to be armed with.
>>
>>50359537
Ahh I get you now. Honestly you might need to just order warrior shields, personally I think that would look better
>>
>>50359581
I may have to

for me at least, the round shield is very distinct and an important part of their look as marauders. Only the special character with the Runeshield will get a kite shield and the rest I would like to have round, if possible.

I think the Marauder horsemen set might come with 12 shields for 10 horses, so that will help, but if the marauder box has only 16 then I will still need more. I do plan to field 10 horses so I'll be getting the horsemen box eventually anyway.

nobody seems to be selling those shields on ebay either.

Unlike marauders on foot, the horsemen do not have their shields on a separate sprue. So either the box has 6 shields for 10 horses, or 12 shields for ten horses.
>>
Any good armies using thanquol and boneripper as general for 2k?
>>
File: thousand_better.png (37KB, 716x866px) Image search: [Google]
thousand_better.png
37KB, 716x866px
>>50359661
and my list, if anyone is interested (same one I posted last night)

Wulfrik and shield friends go in as the first wave and be a thing the enemy can't ignore. They will die and it is very sad, but it is OK because it gives time for the Bloodreavers, Warshrine, and Bloodsecrator to get up there and attack. The warshrine is expensive, but it is a very durable source of Chaos Totem for the Bloodreavers, though the Bloodsecrator's ability is better.

The marauders use their speed and range to do whatever they can, though their threat bubble is still shorter than most ranged units. I really like the horsemen models and I felt like the list needed something more than more than simply stacking another 10 bodies onto each of the two main units
>>
File: IMG_20161123_022322016_HDR.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161123_022322016_HDR.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Not my first choice buy I got a good deal, so here we go AoS Ironjaws. Don't mind the miserable camera phone picture, it's late here.
>>
>>50346511
How are Hellfflayers and the other lawnmowers of slaanesh?
>>
>>50360101
>check email
>someone listed 12 marauder horsemen shields for about 0.80 USD per shield after shipping costs
fuck yes! bought that shit right away
>>
could some one post the generals handbook as under 100mb eather as a pdf convert or epub3 compression if you know how.
>>
>>50360204
The Exalted Seeker Chariot is an unholy terror against hordes and even elite units will be hurting simply on account of attack volume. It's not even *that* flimsy by Slaaneshi standards.
If at all possible, take the Hero version, which has more and better attacks, is a little tougher, procs Loci and can be given relics.
Regular Seeker Chariots and Hellflayers are basically lesser versions of this. Okay if you're strapped for points, but generally inferior.
>>
How good are Nurgle Rotbringers?
>>
>>50361286
Mostly pretty good. You'll be outnumbered against everything bar Beastclaw, but each guy is a powerhouse and can be relied upon to do their job properly.
>>
>>50360204
Basically >>50360751 but I personally thing the two lesser chariots are still a solid deal for their price.

Also, they are not a screaming nightmare to assemble and paint like the Exalted Chariot is.
They are only a mild nightmare.

Also, the Chariots are the best way to get Heralds.
No, really, the bodies and heads necessary to make Heralds are in those boxes, and the instruction clearly say to use them as such. There is really no point in ever buying the resin Herald.
>>
New General Handbook announced, and GW is asking for feedback.

>In the months since the release of the General's Handbook, the game of Warhammer Age of Sigmar has gone from strength to strength. Covering three ways to play - open play, narrative play and matched play - this book is the Trusty Companion for thousands of Warhammer Age of Sigmar gamers the world over.

>But these new rules were always intended to evolve as time went on, so now, we're looking to the people who use them most for help (that's you, the players).

>What would you change about, or add to, the General's Handbook?

>Let us know in the comments below, whether it be the narrative Battleplans, the points for Warscrolls or Battalions, Path to Glory campaign rules, the Three Rules of One, or anything else, and we'll send all your ideas on to the team writing the new book.
>>
>>50363002
Goddammit, I hope GW won't listen to all the retards in the comments. Full of people asking for summoning to go back to what it where and to stop shooting into combat.
>>
>>50362435
Should I use Slave to darkness marauders as cannon fodder if they have such low models
>>
I've been thinking on getting into AOS since there are a couple 'Start Collecting' boxes I really fucking love (namely pic related and the lizardmen). I'm a bit dubious, though - I believed it was a moderately-sized skirmish game around 20-30 models, but now that I've seen a couple of lists for 1000 pts, I see it's more around 50-70?
May I ask how many points is a Start Collecting box worth? And an average brick of 20 dudes?

Also, I've been reading the free rules PDF's on GW's webstore and the various summoning spells have left me really perplexed. Are they subjected to some restrictions I'm not seeing perhaps?
>>
File: Flesh Eaters.jpg (108KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Flesh Eaters.jpg
108KB, 600x620px
>>50363165
Yeah I forgot the pic
>>
>>50363094
This.
There are already a lot of stupid stuff in there.
>>
File: seraphon.jpg (129KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
seraphon.jpg
129KB, 600x620px
>>50363165
>>50363177
Also this, that dinosaur is the fucking sexiest thing GW has made since 7th
>>
>>50363094
What's wrong with asking for an end to shooting into combat?

I'm not big in the meta, but it does seem like a strange choice.
>>
>>50363266
>What's wrong with asking for an end to shooting into combat?

It's simply a completely arbitrary request based on the fact that in WHFB and in WH40k you can't do that. Right now it's perfectly balanced and removing it cause a lot of units to start having literally broken rules (broken as in "they don't work") and invalidates basically every unit that have breath weapons specifically made to be used in combat.
>>
>>50348036
>2) Make some custom rules for their weapons.

This. It's in the spirit of the game and shouldn't be too hard. Just look at other similar weapons and go from there. Show and tell your opponents beforehand and if they aren't huge sperglords everything should be fine.
>>
File: GLORIOUS CHAOS.jpg (124KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
GLORIOUS CHAOS.jpg
124KB, 600x620px
>>50363165
Bumping my request.
Also, I have over two dozens old Chaos knights, a hundred or so Warriors, a lot of Beastmen and stuff like that. Are they the powerhouse they deserve to be in this new game, or have they been nerfed for not having 3+ instances of "Gore", "Doom", "Blood", "Skull" or "Rea[]er" in their names?
>>
>>50363266
The game is balanced around shooting into melee. Why change that? Because WHFB did it? That seems like a fucking pitfall if ever I saw one.

>>50363136
Depends what you want them to do. Personally, I wouldn't. You'll learn dealing with low numbers soon enough and not fucking with your keywords too much is nice.
>>
>>50363094
I hope not as well, while there are a few ideas I like such as expanding path of glory and the like, a lot of it seems to be well worded whining
>>
>>50363165
>I believed it was a moderately-sized skirmish game around 20-30 models, but now that I've seen a couple of lists for 1000 pts, I see it's more around 50-70?

It really depends on the army. I play sylvaneth and my 1500 points list is around 35 models. But if I wanted I could make at the same point cost a huge horde of dryads or a very elite army.

At the same time there are cheap cannon fodder units and very elite ones. If you play goblins even 40 models at 1000 points is really few, if you play Beastriders you could have less than 10 even at 2000.
>>
>>50363165
Honestly the Seraphon start collecting box has the best value out of all of them, you get a $100 carnosaur kit, with all the parts to build the other two alternative kits, you get a big brick of saurus warriors who are amazing battle line that all ignore rend up to -2, and you get a block of saurus knights with the parts to build a scar vet on a cold one, all for 100$CAD. That's a pretty ridiculous deal when you do the math, like your essentially paying for the carno and getting everything else in the box for free
>>
>>50363165
Model count is based on the army and your playstyle. I usually run Seraphon at 2000 points with 20-30 models, but I could also run lists with over 100 models if I wanted.

SC boxes are not balanced against each other but they are about 500-700 points each.
>>
>>50364102
Yeah I know, that's one of the reasons I want to get it. I always liked the big dino and tought it was relatively fair-priced (but nonetheless costly enough to discourage me from buying), now I can basically buy it and have two units as a free extra.
The other set is a bit less convenient but I love the idea of a horde of deformed cannibals led by a huge nightmarish monsters. I'm leaning towards the Seraphon though.

>>50364037
Thank you, that's pretty good news for me.
Still, may I also ask around what rough point value are the start collecting sets? Around 500 I would guess?
>>
>>50364132
Perfect, thank you!
>>
>>50363953
>>50363489
I've never played WHFB so I don't make that comparison, It just doesn't seem realistic though that my peasant archers can get perfect shots off on the enemy trying to push through my shield wall.
>>
>>50364270
To reiterate what i said, it should be a visibility thing really, that would keep breath weapons and such useable, and it would require manoeuvring your ranged troops behind the enemy to keep firing, like in Total War.
>>
>>50364270
It's abstraction that gives the game a certain flow. Removing shooting in melee, would totally throw over the balance and add stuff like binding units. I wouldn't like it, because when playing AoS I don't want this amount of tactical depth.
The next step would be adding flanks of units, formations and all kinds of modifiers that add 'realism' that doesn't belong into AoS. If you want that, stick to whfb or other less abstract games.
It's really just a matter of taste, but it shouldn't be in the core rules imho.
>>
File: latest.jpg (78KB, 381x397px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
78KB, 381x397px
>>50359449
Thanks. I normally go against orks, bloodborne and sigmarines, so I wasnt sure how gunlines played. Can you give me some advice on what to change especially as I go up in points? I really like this Nuln war college theme with humans and dwarves working on heavily armored stuff with guns.
>>
>>50364459
Seraphon gunline (stegadon, bastiladon, razordons, and salamanders) works because they have Saurus Guard as one of the best anti-melee units in the game and they can counter-charge with their large monsters to wreck shit.

You need some kind of unit to absorb the enemy charge and allow you to survive double turns.
>>
>>50364158
Slaves to Darkness are around 440 or so

Armies in AOS can vary wildly in tens of model count, and they rarely end up exactly at the limit, unlike 40k
>>
>>50364400
I was about to mention flanking bonuses

I still really really love aos, it's just those two things
>>
>>50346511
>Fiend of Slaanesh

What's wrong with the fiend?
>>
>>50363002
This is awesome they are doing this, but reading the comments are having me lost faith in humanity, as idiots show they don't understand the question. Like people are asking they bring back tomb kings and bretonians, or bring back discontinued models, or changes to the core rules WHICH HAVE ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GHB! Why can't people read on the internet?
>>
File: rumour-header.jpg (218KB, 1000x821px) Image search: [Google]
rumour-header.jpg
218KB, 1000x821px
GW dropping more teasers.
>>
>>50364484
Drop the iron drakes to get a big unit of dwarf warriors as a stall unit?
>>
>>50364982
Well the style and the stones seem high-elvish, the symbol dark-elvish, the colour of the magic effect is a bit unusual for either, and what little we see of the hand seems to have claws?
>>
>>50364982
What the hell are they doing? The last teaser was clearly dwarven, this is clearly elven. What the hell is going on over there?
>>
File: cynwall.jpg (121KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cynwall.jpg
121KB, 700x700px
It would be nice to see an original and well-designed take on high elves [spoilers] unlike the naked dwarves and the golden marines, I mean [/spoiler]. Something like glorious Cynwall, maybe?
>>
>>50365146
Maybe a they are doing an dwarves /elf release?
>>
>>50365146
Dwarf-Elf combo army is go.
>>
>>50365186
Ugly paintjobs on ugly models on unfinished bases over an ugly background.
>>
File: dragoncopia.jpg (59KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
dragoncopia.jpg
59KB, 600x500px
>>50365221
>Ugly paintjobs
No
>ugly models
No
>ugly background
Yes

What's that, it's not kosher if it's not GW?
>>
>>50365186
>Enemy tries to block me
>I take the sword out from his shield and stab him.
>>
>>50364694
They are fast and fragile, like the other Slaaneshi stuff, but unlike them they don't hit nearly as hard.
For 60 points you only get a handful of attacks that hit on 4+. They aren't worth it.

For 3 of them you can get 2 hellflayers chariots. Same wounds on the field, same save, but have some serious punch and are much more reliable.

[Spoiler]And 2 chariots cost less money too[/spoiler]

I always bring Fiends, because I love the model, but they never do anything good.
>>
>>50365521
And Hellflayers aren't even a good option.

5 Seekers for 2 fiends.

I take the Seekers everyday of the week.
Faster, more wounds, more reliable attacks.
>>
Can someone direct a fool to where the rules are for taking specific terrain is? Thinking of taking up Sylvaneth and well.. gotta get dem woods.
>>
>>50365146
My theory is that they are setting up a massive block for AoS releases, because even at the Black Library event there was no AoS announcement, which makes me think even a book annoucement would spoil whatever they are planning
>>
>>50365908
You summon them, you don't buy them.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#AoS-errata
>>
>>50364982
NOT ELVEN. ARCAANITES!!!
>>
>>50365415
>What's that, it's not kosher if it's not GW?

Try 'If it looks like shit, it's probably not kosher'
>>
>>50366748
So definitely kosher :D
>>
>>50366513
So you pay 40 points before hand and summon it via a treelord? does it cost more the more citidel woods you use to make it up?
>>
Who else here is pumped to spend the holiday weekend working on their arny?
>>
>>50366847
>So you pay 40 points before hand

No

You save 40 points in your Reinforcement Points pool.

You can then spend the 40 points from your Reinforcement Pool during the battle to spawn a sylvaneth wood.
>>
How do beast men play and is there a way to paint them intrestingly? I've never seen a beast men army that stood out, they're all just brown fur and some occasional red for armour
>>
>>50366928
Is there any other way to bring them on past the ancients ability and sylvaneth allegiance stuff? i was hoping to do a wood elf and syl mix, so i can't really rely on allegiance stuff. But they trees seem to need the woods to get the most out of them
>>
>>50366847
>>50366928
Both wrong. If you're Sylvaneth allegiance they cost no points so you can summon an unlimited number of them with a summoning pool of 0 points. If you mix your army, then you gotta pay.
>>
File: IMG_2024.jpg (109KB, 499x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2024.jpg
109KB, 499x288px
>>50366970
Beastmen player here. So far I feel that beastmen isn't that good. They have poor saves but move really fast. But if you have a lot of Gors (which I do not) they could be pretty destructive.

And maybe paint them in black/brown and white colors, like cows are in real life.
>>
File: 604650_md.jpg (63KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
604650_md.jpg
63KB, 800x800px
Heyho

building this AoS Hosts of Slaanesh army to celebrate the short-lived return of the diazmonettes

feedback on style and usefullness in the actual game highly appreciated

clocking in at 1500points

2x 20model units of Daemonettes 480pts
15 Seekers of Slaanesh 360pts
1 Fiends of Slaanesh 60pts
1 Herald on Exalted seeker Chariot 160 pts
1 Demon Prince of Slaanesh 160pts
1 Keeper of Secrets 280pts

planning on converting a Bloodwrack medusa for the KoS(as in pic related) and The deceiver with wings as demon prince.

Is it too Hero-Heavy or striking a right balance?
>>
>>50367087
He never said he was playing Sylvaneth allegiance, so I'm not wrong
>>
>>50367115
Thanks mate, I was thinking of running a very infantry heavy list so I'd run a lot of Gors, I suppose I'll have to proxy them in. Changing the colours like you said is also a good idea, I'll have to do a few test schemes and see how they look with a variety of fur patterns in a unit.
>>
>>50367253
I'm not. I like wild riders look too much. Thank you for trying to educate me. Guess i better pack an ancient to get those woods on the board then.
>>
>>50367263
Also for even faster beastmen, add a bray shaman to your army. Those around him will run move quicker
>>
>>50367309
>Run and move*
>>
>>50367275
That or stick to units that don't need woods like Kurnoth Hunters.
>>
>>50367263
Maybe get some bullgors from warherds as well, so you have something that can be your "heavy hitters"
>>
I'm getting into this but I have some questions.

1) When the unit entry says "models in this unit can be musicians", does that mean that any amount of them can be? Do they lose their other options if they are?
2) Tacking to above, if a unit entry says that a unit can take shields and then offers bows as an option but doesn't specify that they can't take shields as well... can they?
3) Last - is there any fucking reason NOT to take cavalry options? For the exact same points you're getting more movement and attacks... or am I missing something? I know some dismounted options have different command rules etc, but is there any point in not taking a mount when it isn't affected?
>>
File: khorned beefcake.jpg (579KB, 1002x1752px) Image search: [Google]
khorned beefcake.jpg
579KB, 1002x1752px
>>50349649
On my bloodbound but its taking foever to do anything. I've not been playing any games so I don't feel super motivated to get anything done.

Also does anyone know good settings on a digital camera for taking pictures?
>>
>>50367542
1)Yes, any model could be a musician. No, they don't lose their other gear.
2) Read the desription. This is never ambiguous.
3) Mounted models have a higher silouette and are thus more difficult to hide, especially among infantry, and thus more likely to start headbutting cannonballs turn 1. Also, your enemy can cluster more models around your mounted heroes by dint of volume, meaning your fighty dude is more likely to eat durt once in melee.
>>
>>50367542
You get to choose which models die as casualties. There's not real advantage to modeling multiple musicians.
>>
>>50367542
1 - Yes they can be (but there is no point to that) and no, they won't loose anything (bar the option to carry the standard or be the unit champion).
2 - If the entry says something like "Some units of [unit name] carry spears and shields, others carry crossbows and arming swords." it's either spear & shield or crossbow & sword. However, if it says something like "Some units of [unit name] carry spears while others carry crossbows and arming swords. Additionally, some units of carry shields." Then you can take shields with either option.
3 - Mounted heroes, especially supporters, have a special name: Arrow bait.
>>
File: Darkaelf1.jpg (78KB, 583x960px) Image search: [Google]
Darkaelf1.jpg
78KB, 583x960px
So, here is my DA Death Hag painted. i'm a noob and i don't have a brush small enough to pint the eyes and all that that other people paints, so for me is a finished job. feel free to hate, but with love
>>
File: Darkaelf2.jpg (88KB, 608x960px) Image search: [Google]
Darkaelf2.jpg
88KB, 608x960px
>>50368416
>>
File: Darkaelf3.jpg (90KB, 608x960px) Image search: [Google]
Darkaelf3.jpg
90KB, 608x960px
>>50368416
>>50368426
>>
>>50363094
the only real ones I like are "you can't fire range weapons in melee" and maybe older style of magic returns
>>
>>50365020
elf or tzeentch i'm good with either
>>
>>50368416
If you thin your paints with a bit of water you can get nice smooth coats. If a strong color is desired, multiple thin coats are awful better than one thick coat, as a thick coat can clog up detail on the model.

If you look up Duncan Rhodes on YouTube you will find many beginner friendly painting tutorials full of techniques that can be applied to any miniature. He also has a soothing voice and is quite handsome.
>>
>>50368670
I did that
>>
>>50368416
There no hate on Aos general. Only manly love
And yeah, thin your paint. Add some water to the brush or the palette until the color have the consistency of milk or something a little thicker: in that way the color run smoother. For a solid color, just apply a second coat when you're finished with the first one.
Untinned paint just kills your model details and forms blobs everywhere.
After that just apply a shade and your model will looks cool with minimum effort.
>>
>>50368794
I think the first photo makes it look worse than it is. The camera did not focus well.

Also if you apply a wash or shade to the model (different terms for the same thing) it really makes the details pop.

Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade are referred to as both "Liquid Talent" and "Duncan's Holy Oils #1 and #2" for good reason. Let the blessed oils bring definition and depth to your model, and deliver them from flat unshaded blandness.
>>
>>50368966
I will look for that, i can't get GW paints in my area, only P3
Also whats the equivalent of devlan mud right now?
>>
>>50368994
Agrax earthshade is pretty much the exact same as devlan mud

Nuln oil is the black wash
>>
File: 1369011523376.jpg (4KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1369011523376.jpg
4KB, 300x300px
>>50367128
>building this AoS Hosts of Slaanesh army
Welcome brother!

>Is it too Hero-Heavy or striking a right balance?
Seems a pretty solid list.
I would take an extra Herald instead of that Fiend (and you get it from the Exalted Seeker Chariot).
A lonely fiend won't give you much.

>Bloodwrack medusa for the KoS
Actually not a bad idea.
>>
What's some simple to paint armies other than Sigmar? I'm still not too big on the hobby part of the game, and just want some easy to assemble and paint armies I can just kind of push out and play with.
>>
>>50368994
Is not as bright as Agrax, but not as dark as the Nuln oil.

I never actually try it, but I think it's about 2/3 Agrax + 1/3 Nuln Oil
>>
>>50369745
Sigmarines.
Or skeletons or ghouls. Base coats and dip. Done.
>>
>>50367686
Nice.
>>
>>50365020
The fact that the hand holding it has CLAWS leads me to lean towards tzeench.
That and they're doing a tzeench release in 40k so they may as well do back to back tzeench, especially since one of the kits SHOULD be a dual kit
>>
>>50371595
That would be neat. I really want Arcanites to be come into their own as a faction.
>>
>>50371658
We already know that should include the kairic acolytes from silver tower. Maybe the tzaangors too?
>>
>>50371711
They better get the ability to spam some spells, like each unit is lead by a wizard
>>
>>50371733
or each unit IS a wizard
>>
File: tzeentcharcanites.jpg (1014KB, 1200x2480px) Image search: [Google]
tzeentcharcanites.jpg
1014KB, 1200x2480px
Now here is what we know. We know the kairic acolytes, ogroid thaumaturge, and tzaangors already have warscrolls with rules. We also know GW has not provided points for the tzaangors and acolytes, because they are not comfortable with the amount in a box to be fielded, as in they plan on releasing kits for them later. So they tell us to just use them as counts-as marauders and gors. The ogroid got points, because he is a hero and you technically only need 1 in a box. GW just does not see buying copies of silver tower as a proper means to collecting the other 2 units (something surprisingly reasonable for them).

So my prediction is in the future, when these 2 units get their own kits, their warscrolls will get updated slightly to the new kit, like accounting for different wargear options and base unit sizes. This should be similar to an update we saw with the starter set warscrolls vs the final release warscrolls. As in their fundamental rules won't change, just some of the minor points. Like I predict on the acolytes it will say a unit of 10 or more instead of 8 or more (because 8 is all that comes in silver tower), and their matched play points will say something like a unit of 10-30 (battleline if army is tzeentch arcanites keyword for the acolytes).
>>
>>50349884
Shield obsessed anon here

I broke down and bought a box from my FLGS. They come with 24 shields, and 5 chieftain upgrade sprues. Hot dog!
>>
>>50371865
Would be pretty neat if they came in units of 9, given it comes up in their unit entries like 10 normally comes up in other units. I just hope each unit can use magic.
>>
>>50371865
Given how their magic is huge on warping stuff, how would you deal with their summon support?
>>
>>50372233
I think it would be cool if they came in 10s in the box and on points, and still have benefits from containing 9. That way when you lose one model in the unit, you aren't totally boned. That would be a nice little benefit.

>>50372264
What do you mean?
>>
>>50372351
Well the taur dude spell makes Chaos Spawn with his spells, and so does the Tzeentch Sorcerer Lord. Horrors also split twice. They need some way of supporting or keeping their numbers for free, like Death units with their bandits get free models back.
>>
File: IMG_2386.jpg (122KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2386.jpg
122KB, 750x1000px
>>50371865
I really hope they update the Tzaangor warscroll now that they actualy have a box to themselves. I mean, their statwheel is fine, but their weapons are garbage. Each wielded weapon needs a second swing asap, and a +1 to wound for everything, including the beak, wouldn't be amiss, either.
The Thaumaturge is the tits, though.
>>
>>50372961
>now that they actualy have a box to themselves
Except they still don't. That box is for 40k only. There are no autopistols and chainswords in AoS. This is not one of those dual-system kits. The AoS box for the tzaangors is not here yet. This box release likely won't change anything about the AoS warscrolls.
>>
>>50373062
The box contains 'simple weapons' in addition to the autopistols and chainswords, obviously for use with AoS. As such, I doubt we'll ever get a dedicated AoS box of Tzaangors (and, subsequently, any new Warscroll).
>>
>>50373110
People will use it for AoS of course, but it wont be marketed that way, nor will GW update the warscroll because of it. The kit wont even include shields, which is part of the warscroll. The AoS release for tzaangors has yet to come, and this is not it.
>>
>>50364982
My money is on the new shadow elves of Ulgu.
>>
>>50373191
Do elves normally have pale bule skin and claws?
>>
>>50373611
Mistweaver Saih has claws and 'spurs' on her arms.
>>
Are mono-Khorne Daemons good? I'm not overly fond of Bloodbound, though the guy with the pet Flesh Hound in the starter box is cool.
>>
The Sylvaneth Wildwood now has min 1 max 1. It means that you can't place woods made of 2 or 3 citadel woods anymore?
>>
So I run a Skaven list, if I want a small change of scenery, what would be a good idea to add within the chaos grand alliance?
>>
>>50374033
min 1, max 3. All the citadel woods need to be within 1 inch of each other.
>>
>>50374037
Maybe a Ghorgon?
>>
>>50364982
What if this is just the standard from the AoS bits of dual build Tzaangors?
>>
>>50373993
Our big gribblies are great (I love the Skarbrand / Wrath of Khorne tag-team) and we get a lovely cannon, but our heralds and troops are kinda mediocre, with Bloodletters being the mediocre-est of them all.
Basically, Bloodthirsters, Skullcannons and Fleshhounds will do most of your heavy lifting.
>>
>>50374033
No, up to 3 citadel woods make up 1 Wyldwood. It just means you can't put down more than one Wyldwood as a unit.
>>
>>50374192
I don't know, these gems look pretty much the colour and shape of gems that GW has been establishing as 'elvish' (both in high elves and eldar) for years.
>>
Are harpies any good? I have some laying around and I would like to know if they are any good to play with.
>>
>>50374033
Yes.
>>50374728
This isn't the first unit which "GH table" doesn't follow the warscroll.
The min-max column describs the number of models not warscolls per unit.
>>
>>50376053
Scenery isn't a unit, so model count doesn't apply. The 3 models make up a single piece of scenery. If GW sold a giant woods model the same size as 3 Wyldwoods, you could be certain they would tell you to use that.

The reason Wyldwoods are said to have up to 3, is because most of the time, you will end up having to use less than 3 to make them fit on the board.
Honestly, it is something we are going to need an FAQ on, because both sides of the argument are hard to refute because there is no precedence for taking scenery.
>>
>>50375502
They are all dead if anything hits them.

But that bravery ability is interesting, and would be fucking devastating versus Ogres or Goblins. Gobbos will always be taking checks and often failing, and the chance to remove an entire ogre model is very good.

Just fly 5 up and hide them in terrain within 18 of the nearby combats to use that thing, avoid combat unless it's a war-machine crew
>>
>>50376079
>The 3 models make up a single piece of scenery
By that I meant as far as the game is concerned, they are a single model.
The same goes for abilities that effects terrain, like the destruction ability to destroy them, or Fyreslayer ability to turn them into volcanoes.
Regardless of how many citadel woods are involved, it effects them all.
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (210KB, 1197x841px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
210KB, 1197x841px
>>50376079
So you have a table and for EVERY row the min-max column describs the model count.
But not for the special - but not in any other way marked - one row. This one describs the number of warscrolls I use in one organisation?
How... fortunate.
>>
>>50376163
Why on earth did you circle that, when that picture applies to reading warscrolls, not the generals handbook, and even then it just tells you which model the rules apply to, which isn't helpful to the case in point at the slightest.
>>
>>50376208
Because it says a scenery warscroll is indeed a "unit" - well let us call it an organisation - of models. So the min-max-column still describes the models used per organsitation/warscroll.
>>
I was reading the White Dwarf and this came out.

Now, I hate both the Archaon model and Khorne in general, but this I can dig it.
>>
>>50376952
Yeah, we saw this a few months back. It's great and possibly the only good thing to come out of the otherwise shitawful Archaon model. I don't even hate the stupid skulls-through-skin thing quite as much here, which is fucking unprecedented.
>>
>>50377046
If one just green stuffed over the skulls, would it be better? For the Archon model.
>>
>>50374037
Leave some points open to summon. Your wizards are chaos wizards and can summon any daemons
>>
Anyone got a comprehensible list of paints to buy to paint a whole silver tower set? I got commisioned to paint one.
>>
>>50377046
>I don't even hate the stupid skulls-through-skin thing quite as much here, which is fucking unprecedented.
Good to you, but I still can't fucking stand it no matter what.
What were they thinking?
>>
File: IMG_3156.jpg (56KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3156.jpg
56KB, 600x620px
>>50374389
Nice. A shame Bloodletters and Heralds are mediocre though, but I do so love Bloodthirsters.

I've been trying to think up alternate Khorne schemes other than just Red+Black/Red/Brass, but I dunno. The black Bloodthirster and the one dude's pet Khornedog look awesome though, maybe something like that? Brass or Bone weapons, Red accents on the flesh? I dunno.
>>
>>50376079
Whelp, have at it then. GW's been asking for community feedback:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/23/generals-handbook-feedback/
>>
>>50368435
>model out of focus
>background in focus
learn how to use your focus, my man
>>
How do points in AOS work? If I'm working out the price of a unit of daemonettes, do a unit of 10 and 30 bhoth cost 120 points? Or do 30 in 1 unit cost 360?
>>
>>50377712
10 cost 120
20 cost 240
30 cost 360
>>
>>50377712
its the price for the minimum squad list which is 10 for daemonettes

also the steps in which you have to add models to a unit. if the unit has a minimum of 10 you cant just add 3 more (without the downsides). which i hope they fix in the new handbook
>>
>>50377712
>every fucking thread
>like clockwork
>>
Calling it now it's going to be steamheads vs. arcanites.

They'll be fighting over chamon.
>>
>>50379030
*What* will be steamhead vs. arcanites? Another stater? because that's not going to happen.
>>
>>50377712
Why don't you try reading the book instead of just skipping to the points pages?
>>
File: Its never elves.jpg (177KB, 1040x630px) Image search: [Google]
Its never elves.jpg
177KB, 1040x630px
mystery solved.

its never elves
>>
>>50379282
What? That's nothing. I don't see enough similarities to confirm anything. I see a fuzzy hand that's it. It could be a blood angel librarian for all we know. It's not 'clearly' a clawed hand because nothing is clear. Not saying it's elves, I'm just saying gw is smart enough to give us no hints about anything.
>>
>>50379282
Nice stretch
>>
>>50379171
It'll be like deathwatch vs. genecults minus the board game.

Just two forces fighting each other for chamon. Grungni's there it's said and tzeentch wants chamon as his own.

It makes sense to me atleast.
>>
>>50379534
This is how I see it would be too
>>
>>50379533
dude its going to be fimirach

they are expanding that line of product to include a caster of some kind. This is the teaser for that product. The skin tone and finger nail type is a solid match.

calling it now
>>
>>50377510
Some random thoughts:
Brown and just a little red works really good. Or brown/bone, red/white, black/white, brown/black/white, grey/white (see the shark space marines), grey/red etc (any of these colors paired). even green/red might work if you go for a 'clean' orkish green or the old dark angels look, which was almost black with very dark green accents.
I'd say you could also go yellow/red, yellow/black etc. Or full chaos and take a cat fur pattern, like 'tiger' (either classic yellow/black or any of the above combinations). You need to be a good painter to pull it off though.
Also you'd need to put in well (!) done gritty details, like weathering and blood.
Hell you could go blue white(see world eaters). Basically imagine any space marine order color and add grittyness/bloodyness in the details.
>>
>>50379576
And I'm calling it a hrud psyker. Ready for us both to be wrong?
>>
>>50379282
I've not been paying attention lately

Is this leaked from FW or GW sources? If FW then sure, Fimir, why not.

If GW then fuck no it's never gonna be Fimir in plastic.

I'm going to assume it isn't elves though, it does look like a clawed hand to me. Could be fucking Lizardmen for all we know
>>
>>50379282
Hrm, maybe the Fimirach Balefiend? Those used to be Fimir wizards, basically.
>>
>>50379633
It's from gw, not forgeworld. Anon is just a bitter elfag who doesn't want to give his hopes up about his faction, even though gw has said they will get their due
>>
>>50379633
>Is this leaked from FW or GW sources?
We don't know. It's from the Warhammer Community page, so it could be either.
The Fimir thing seems pretty reasonable to me. Certainly more than it being some flavor of elf.
>>
>>50377812
I don't like that, it's done just to sell more miniatures? also where do i write them to change it for the next GHB?
>>
>>50379282

That fimir doesnt have same amount of fingers.

The fimir has what? Three plus a thumb? In the pic it's the same human 4+1.

Just sayng what I see.
>>
>>50379757
>I don't like that, it's done just to sell more miniatures?

How the fuck is having more miniatures cost more points done to sell more miniatures?
>>
>>50379757
Dude, what?
>>
>>50379847
>>50379929
Guys, please don't feed the obvious troll.
>>
>>50379757
Haha, of all the schemes and tactics gw uses to sell more models, you choose THAT? Lol that's not even one of them.
>>
>>50379757
>I don't like that, it's done just to sell more miniatures?
No literally the opposite
>>
Hey lads, I was going to make a small campaign for me and a few friends to try. However I want the battles to actually 'count'. To do this I'm going to have it so that the players fight for certain areas on the map to control

My problems are I have no idea about how to make these map areas feel significant without being horrifically overpowered, if one player captures a tile and gets a super powerful arrogant for controlling it then everyone will want it, but how do you beat the guy who's got that power up anyway.

Maybe there could be missions for each player that encourage them to take certain areas to generate conflicts for example.

I'm happy to create a simple little map for it but I was wondering if there are any systems you guys know about that could be useful for this.

Thanks for any help
>>
>>50380532
Artefact, not arrogant. Posting from a phone so it's going crazy with autocorrect
>>
>>50380532
A couple things, most importantly how many players and how many battles. No matter tha answer, I advise you look at map campaigns im thr Generalcs handbook.
>>
>>50380532
Look through the Time of War rules in the campaign books. Each area has a specific rule applied to it, I'd reccomend only one from each set of rules. Then the player controlling that area gets to use the reward assigned to that area, which affects all battles they are playing in, as long as they still control that territory. A player may only use one reward per battle, but can choose which reward to use before the battle. After a period of time, have a massive all out battle, letting each player use all the rewards for each area they control.
>>
>>50380672
I'm thinking of triumphs to clarify.
>>
>>50380672
I like it a lot, cheers man.
>>
>>50380745
I'd do somethong similar then, where the winner gets to use the 'triumph' of the previous battleground.
>>
>>50380532
Don't make it any powerful shit, but rather small and useful boni that you'd still want.
>reroll Initative once per game as long as you control zone X
>once per game, select an enemy unit within [Bravery] of your general; that unit immediatly takes a battleshock test
>during deployment, after both players are done placing their units, select a piece of terrain outside the deployment zones and move it up to 6" in any direction
>>
>>50352149
Ironweld or freeguild, just maybe there steam head after wrath of Magnus.
>>
File: Bloodthirster_3.jpg (143KB, 492x849px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodthirster_3.jpg
143KB, 492x849px
>>50374389
>Skarbrand / Wrath of Khorne tag-team
Does that work? Is it actually any good?
How would one even build an army around that?

Still new to the game and still mostly lurking to decide on an army, but double 'thirsters sound manly.
>>
Do I need a reason for my dudes to be in a different realm than their own? I am asking becuase my gaming group is having a campaign in the realm of metal, but I have written in my own fluff that they come from the realm of life.
>>
>>50381423
>Do I need a reason for my dudes to be in a different realm than their own?

Not really, that's pretty much the entire point of Realmgates.
>>
File: 1147.gif (917KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1147.gif
917KB, 500x333px
>>50381423
Yes, you can't play anywhere but in your home realm.
I'm affraid you'll need to sit that campaign out.
>>
File: IMG_2025.jpg (207KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2025.jpg
207KB, 600x620px
How good are Khorghoraths? And are they any good in an chaos army that doesn't have a lot of Khorne keywords?
>>
>>50381470
They are utter shit even in armies with lots of Khorne keywords.
The one thing they have going for them, i.e. being a monster you can take in units (unique in AoS, I think), is negated by not actually having any kit beyond the snapfit from the starter, an absolutly garbage statline and at best mediocre special rules.
Also, a horrible mini.
>>
File: jEr6iMP[1].jpg (93KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
jEr6iMP[1].jpg
93KB, 1000x750px
Started on my Gitmob. These are the first five of 22 (18 spear riders, 2 spear rider bosses, 8 bow riders, 2 bow bosses, 1 shaman, 1 warboss).

The lads look really good on the Fenrisian wolves. They should be fun to base, too.
>>
>>50381669
32, even. Zog. Numbers is 'ard past 5, innit.
>>
>>50381423
Realmgates, anon. Accidental or on purpose, it doesn't matter. Maybe they have a grudge against another army, maybe someone called in a favour from them. Maybe they need to retrieve something that was stolen. Plenty of reasons as to why.
>>
So what other mix and match options should I be getting as an ironjaws player? Ironjaws feel super limited ATM models wise, should I be picking up beast claws or lead belchers? What are some ideal mixes for destruction.
>>
>>50381868
Spider fang grots maybe?
>>
>>50381868
Get something that actually has a battle line option, because as soon as you dilute the SUPERIOR IRONJAWZ GENES, you will need some.
I am thinking gitmob for artillery to snipe support hero's, weaken monsters, etc.
>>
>>50381868
Your main issues with Ironjawz - you have no ranged options, and you have slow units. Consider a fast cavalry option and some ranged firepower.

You could get standard boar boyz just for a cheap harasser unit. Bonesplitter archers are pretty great, and also come with additional bonuses against monsters.
>>
>>50381559
However, the doom bull conversion that one anon made on some past thread looked amazing. So at least it's good conversion fodder
>>
So I have a rules question. If you're playing a points match, and you're already at your leader cap, can you go over it by summoning more heroes, provided you've set aside the points?

For example, if I already have 6 necromancers as part of my forces, can I continue to summon cairn wraiths and banshees each turn, even though they have the "hero" keyword and would thus put me over my leader cap?
>>
>>50381975
Yes.
>>
How good is a balewind vortex? I have plans on getting one for my bray shaman to let him survive a bit longer since he only has a 6+ save and dies like wet paper in a storm to any meele attacks
>>
Has anyone here painted the silver tower and if so, please tell me all the paints you used. I have a com for it coming up
>>
>>50381975
Yup. That's one of the main advantages summoning provides under the points system.
>>
Can I fucking please just get my aelves GW?

Light or shadow elves it doesnt matter I just want my aelves...
>>
>>50382432
I don't mean to cause offence, but I would be concerned if someone I was hiring for a commission needed to ask what paints to use on /tg/

Like, excusing the abundance of guides you can find on youtube, knowing what paint to use is like, one of the more basic parts of painting.
>>
>>50384035
Excuse the fuck out of me for asking for a paint list. I'm sorry I can't recognize every fucking layer of paint on the model, every little fleck of paint, wash, and highlight. Eat my fucking ass.
>>
>>50384035
Also, kindly get fucked. I also apologize for fucking being unable to look at the model and go "oh this is this with a 25/75 mix of this, hmm. " get fucked you arrogant prick.
>>
>>50384295
>>50384278

You need to chill the fuck out.
>>
>>50384448
You need to get back to r/warhammer you condescending prick
>>
>>50384532

I'm not even him. The dude was a prick but you need to honestly calm the fuck down.
>>
>>50384532
Can you tell me what studio you're from so I can avoid commissioning you? It seems that your temper is as bad as your skill in matching colors.
>>
Age of Sigmar is reddit-tier shit
>>
File: 1478106834535.jpg (108KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
1478106834535.jpg
108KB, 1152x864px
>>50384278
You need some of this. You're level of rage is nigh-khornate
>>
is the celesant prime worth it?
>>
>>50384775
>buttblasted wfb player
>>
>>50384927
Worth it by what measure?
- As a commander he is just plain awful. No command trait, no buffs to dish out and no ability to take any command traits or relics to help out. Given that SCE have a couple of absolutely brutal command abilities otherwise, this is just sad.
- As a fighter, he' surprisingly pillow-fisted. Ghal Maraz is a good weapon, but two swings is a joke and holding him back to supercharge it means depriving yourself of a 360pts model for multiple turns in a game that tends to be over by turn four at the very latest.
- However, what he really provides is a fantastic gun on a very mobile frame. The Cometstrike Sceptre has above average range, solid damage and an absolutley bonkers potential 12" blast radius. And the celestial orrery changes that from potential to guaranteed. Smartly used, this shot can take the edge out of an entire army.
tl;dr: He's a cannon with wings. Use him as such.
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (14KB, 399x295px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
14KB, 399x295px
>that feeling when death is gonna get a new subfaction before aelfs get dropped.
>>
>>50350399
Wash the gold with Reikland fleshshade, highlight with silver. You also work some purple wash into the deep recesses.
>>
>>50386804
Lets don't get crazy here!
>>
>>50386872

What was the rumor schedule?

>Steam Dwarves
>Arcanites
>Late 2017 death shit

Fuck me man. All I want is elves.
>>
>>50386884
Ok, that is news to me. yay

Now I hope the Death release is not somethingsomething Khemri.
I was so happy that they were "gone" and hopefully the now compendium armies will be gone with the next GH update.

Fuckin' hate those wannabe undead.
>>
>>50387002

Calling it right now settra comes back.

Calling it right fucking now.
>>
>>50387023
Gonna switch to Khorne out of pure rage if this should ever happen.
>>
>>50387023
Nah. I don't think they'd cut the entire TK line, including some relatively recent, big, high quality models just to turn around and reestablish the Ancient Egyptian theme in a new release. I expect them to do some new undead that are less Sylvanian and more Realm of Death/Necropolis themed, but I'd be very surprised if they share much with TK directly.
>>
>>50387157
Yeah, but the TK stuff sold REALLY fucking well near the end so there's pretty clearly a demand for them. I'd honestly say it's a tossup if GW brings them back, though honestly they should at LEAST replace the VC skelly kit with the TK ones so death can have more than one ranged attack per army
>>
>>50386884
>elves
Which though? I think DE have two really strong themes in Khainite Cults and Privateers that could each be expanded into cool forces with a battletome.

On the other hand I feel like the Dragon/Phoenix/Hawk/Lion theme HE have currently in their AoS allegiances are kinda weak. Honestly I hope they take them in a totally new direction.
>>
>>50387023
>>50387157
I'm still expecting/hoping that they'll flesh out Deathrattle or Soulblight.

There is a demand for a skelli army and bringing back TK feels unlikely because it would bring back the unnecessary redundancy of having two armies that are made up of skeletons.
(which was surely one of the reasons to squat them in the first place)
>>
>>50387002
>>50387087
You are not my nigga. You are just a nigger.
>>
>>50379282
>>50379576
Yeah, except for the fact that if you compare the size of the hand to the size of the symbol on the staff and consider that fimir are large, you'd have an absurdly enormous staff.
Also compare size of fingers/hand and thickness of the staff in those two pictures. The Fimir has enourmous hands that wrap around the handle of his maul, looking at least twice as thick, as usual for large models. The one in the first pic has very little fingers compared to the staff.
>>
>revised backstory for my dudes
A clan of chaos worshipping barbarians lives in a quiet and eerie marsh somewhere in the realm of death. They pray to their pantheon of gods that the realmgates will lead them to hunting grounds and places to raid, and then they return to their home with whatever spoils they can carry off.

They worship chaos as a pantheon. Individuals might play to a particular god on a given day, but in general as a group they don't dedicate themselves to a single chaos god. They are unlikely to receive any great blessings for their worship, but the realmgates and relative safety of their swamp is blessing enough for them. They see Chaos as the only divine force that exists, and believe that the followers of Sigmar are misguided.

Often on the eve of a great battle, many barbarians will pray to Khorne and get themselves hopped up on something to send them into a berserk fury (bloodreavers). Others ready their shields, as their flanking tactics will take them right into the heart of the enemy defense (marauders).

Little vegetation grows in their marshland, mostly coarse grasses and shriveled trees, to they rely on their raids to survive. They dream of building a city of their own complete with temples to their gods, but their reed huts among old ruins are a long way from that. Their raids must succeed. For the clan.

So they go out with large parties through the portals (73 models in 1000 points).
>>
>>50387569
Cool backstory Anon.
>>
File: IMG_2388.jpg (373KB, 1700x1112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2388.jpg
373KB, 1700x1112px
>>50387569
Awesome.
I assume you are marauder-shield-anon from before? The idea of a barbarian-only force is pretty cool.
For future models once you expand the army, how about using river trolls as chaos trolls? The marsh might be home to those nasty stinkers and would provide you with a lot of punch.
Also, warshrine on a boat that is carried by a bunch of marauders. You know you want to.
>>
>>50387569
Do you have any named characters? And if so what have they done?
>>
>>50379282
>>50379388
>>50379533

And yet steam Dwarves is confirmed even though we have much less proof wfor that.
>>
>>50349649

Im currently doing an awful job at painting my plague monks because this is my first army and first time with miniatures in general.
>>
>>50387836
Post them. I want to see what they look like, because all of us have painted our first minis badly.
>>
>>50387874

Im at work at the moment, will post when i get home.
>>
>>50387901
Screw work, warhams is your life!
>>
>>50387569
Hey anon where are you based? Got some Marauders with my war mammoth and wont need the shields, can send them to you if its not too expensive
>>
>local shop has 40% off minis today

Welp, time to start a new army. Skaven Pestilins or Slaanesh, /tg/?
>>
>>50388426
Why not both?
>>
>>50388483
Hmmm...

You make a good point. But I already have enough gray plastic lying around.
>>
>>50388491
What if you combine the regular host of slaneesh untis with e.g: ratlings guns, hell pit abominations, stormfiends, etc?
>>
>>50384607
I don't think I was a prick. There is a huge difference between asking advice about one or two models, then asking for a full list of paint for a box set that has 15 different types of models, with some pretty huge variation, for a commission. To paint it to a commission standard, the list will be well over 50 different paints.
Also, I made sure to mention the best way for him to find what he needs (youtube) in the same post.

Someone is probably PAYING him to do this for them, and he needs help not with one bit, but ALL of it. Doesn't that strike you as a little bit concerning?
He isn't mad because I was a prick, he is mad because he isn't up to the job, and he knows it. There is no shame in that, it isn't exactly an easy box to paint.

>>50384532
Have you never been to /r/warhammer? They never criticise anyone or anything. I could upload a model sculpted in my own shit and they would call it a masterpiece.
>>
File: The Rotbark Wetlands.jpg (827KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
The Rotbark Wetlands.jpg
827KB, 1024x768px
>>50387569
Ayy, Swampbro. Check out my swamp for my Rotbringers
>>
How good would a (almost) all zombie focused death army be?
>>
>>50390215
Would be a bitch to get rid off. You could also merge all zombie units turn 1 and steamroll the entire table with one sinle mega-unit.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.