[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Demonic possession in games. Controlling PCs for short duration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

ITT
Demonic possession in games.
Controlling PCs for short duration
How to do this while keeping the absolute depravity and mean spiritedness of demons without going into "that guy" territory or railroading character action.
>>
>>50343352
Take a standard 52 card deck. Seperate them by suits.

Play with one suit and write messages/commands on each card.

If a player is possessed, have them roll to resist, and if they fail, have them draw from this minor deck.

If you mean you want to take control of a player character, then fuck right off. Why have that person play if they get to watch someone else control their character?
>>
>>50343352
In my game, all of my players play two different PCs simultaneously. So if one of them gets kidnapped, or possessed, or just injured and needs to sit out for a while, this doesn't leave the player sitting there watching the rest of us have fun without him.

It's worked well for us, leaving the story more free to disable or bench characters without OOC logistical concerns like allowing a player to stay in the game.
>>
>>50343484
Do you have the player leave one character at base camp and play the other character during a session or can they tag them in between encounters, or are they both active until disabled?

I've thought about having people roll a pair of characters before and wondered about the logistics other people may do.
>>
>>50344019
They usually play them both simultaneously, and after a period of adjustment I think all of my players do it quite well. Early concerns they had with feeling divided or overworked never really materialized in practice.

It might be harder in systems that require more bookkeeping than average.

In another game I ran for several years, the party was a small organization and each player had several characters (at least 4-5 each by the end) and would generally take one at a time while the rest were assumed to be busy with other things. That required the occasional "he's, uh, over there doing something else" explanation for why specific characters weren't portrayed in specific campaigns but it was a fun change of pace and kept a game feeling fresh for years as each campaign had a slightly different team and dynamic associated with it. That was actually where I got the idea to run a tabletop game with two-character players after finding I liked the relative freedom to have a PC temporarily leave the party for one reason or another.

Sidenote, in aforementioned game I had a PC leave the party to infiltrate a villain organization undercover, which led to an interesting battle where said PC was on the enemy side and had to fight the party ineffectively while still appearing loyal, and the party had to avoid actually hurting him while making it look like they were trying to. That was fun.
>>
>>50344153
I've always wanted to have each player control a small cabal instead of a single player.

Know of a zombie apocalypse setting? I'm thinking of a very very rules stats light system to play with some people that liked walking dead a lot.

Idea being you have injuries that debilitate between encounters, but everyone control 1d6 people each and you basically control a family as part of a larger gang. Each character you control accumulates plot armor they can spend to negotiate reduced injuries or avert deathblows. But otherwise they have only infected/healthy/dead and do simple d6 rolls to see if they get bit, successfully kill a zombie, etc.
>>
>>50343352
Here's what I do when a character gets possessed.
I either take them into another room or give them a piece of paper with directions written on it.
I tell them how to act and what the demon possessing them is trying to do, as well as what the demon's personality is like and all other important details.
Then I just let them roleplay being possessed.
It's not fun for the player if they're not playing, and playing a character who basically goes crazy with a specific strong impulse is pretty fun.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.