[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1479757723954.jpg (331KB, 796x832px) Image search: [Google]
1479757723954.jpg
331KB, 796x832px
I'm going to play pathfinder for the first time and I was thinking in playing as a dwarf female.
I saw a thread related in /v/ and I'm starting to think that it will be too weird for a new player.
Should I move on and play a vanilla human guy or go for the dorf girl?
Pros cons of dwarfs?
Also any lore advice for a rookie playing a dwarf?
>>
>Pathfinder
>Reading threads on /v/
>Playing dwarves

x le D

Memes aside, just have fun, there's really not much you need to know for a first game besides that you'll need to try and work with your group and have fun. And yeah, it might feel weird at first, but once you get past that it's great!
Have fun man, and good luck!
>>
>>50339589
Dorf Girl is fine.

Go for it.

Just a threadly reminder that pathfinder is NOT a classic western fantasy RPG, it is in fact an odd cross-genre fantasy superheroes game.
>>
File: Sabia.jpg (157KB, 523x621px) Image search: [Google]
Sabia.jpg
157KB, 523x621px
>>50339692
> it is in fact an odd cross-genre fantasy superheroes game
What?
Even with 2 posts I'm learning new things...

>>50339645
>Have fun man, and good luck!
Thanks.
>>
>>50339853
It looks like a generic fantasy game at the low levels, but gradually leaves that behind by level 6ish as it gets more and more high powered.

Same goes for every D&D starting with like AD&D 2e, but not to the same extent that Pathfinder does it.

Just wanted you to have your expectations realistic, going into it.

>D&D level 1 is "rusty dagger shank town", where you're all piddly chumps who die to a good shivving.
>D&D level 20 is nearly green-lantern corps level shit.

And, with Pathfinder in particular, the learning curve for character building is steep. I would strongly suggest reading class guides to build your first character. And I'd advise against going fighter.

Pathfinder is fun, but the classes are not all the same power level. Fighter can spit out damage at all levels but has next to no versatility, and at the high levels that versatility is what matters.

Ask /pfg/ for character build advice, they're generally pretty good about that there.

PoW 1&2 work very well, if you're looking to play a fighty guy without spells. So do some of the options in Ultimate Psionics.
>>
>>50339589
>>50339951

>Lore advice for playing a dwarf.
See if you can find a PDF of dwarves of golarion (/pfg/ links), and a copy of Inner Sea World Guide, and read the section on the dwarves. Grab Inner Sea Gods, and read up on the gods you want to worship.
>>
>>50339589
Dwarf female works. I would suggest Barbarian over Fighter if you're just starting out. Make sure you have good Strength and Con and find the biggest hammer/axe you can and you should be good.

Best of luck.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.