[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/, i need your help. Im GMing a 5e game, and one of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1654.jpg (967KB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1654.jpg
967KB, 3024x3024px
Hey /tg/, i need your help.
Im GMing a 5e game, and one of the PC's just died. Now normally i dont have much leniency on this, but the end of the campaign (about 6 months) is a session or two away, and the characters are trying to get her resurrected. Theyre a high enough level that i dont have a huge issue with it, especially because itd b silly to have her reroll for 1-2 sessions worth of play.
I teased an arch druid a while back as a side quest that they never ended up following, but now theyre going to see if that druid can revive their friend.
As i mentioned, im probably going to allow it, but i want it to have a pretty heavy cost.
I thought about them all having to lose a level to bring her back, or maybe a stat decrease, but that just seems boring/uninspired/not fun.
Can anyone think of an appropriate, but still fun penalty they have to pay to ressurect their friend?
>>
Oops. A session or two away from being completed*
>>
File: IMG_1655.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1655.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
Bump for help
>>
>>50334255
Do it like a ritual and they need to convince the soul to come back based on actions or offerings.
>>
>>50334255
They have to pay for each point of hp they give the resserected party member from their own health pool. See how much each individual is willing to donate away from themselves.
>>
>>50334255
If you're doing 5e check the Ravenloft resurrection modifiers. We had a PC die and now after coming back he has madness where he's suffering vivid halucinations and has disadvantage on all ability checks for the next 3 days.

On top of that he appears as an Undead to most checks, scares animals, and sours milk. There other options too, he rolled for these.
>>
>>50335273
Ohhh i really like this one. They have an option past just "pay the toll to get your friend back". Because theyll ressurect their friend no matter what, this gives them some flexibility. Maybe the tank needs to stay tanky so they decide to give up most of the health from the wizard. Maybe the wizard is too squishy as it is, so the tank donates. Maybe they say its her fault for dying, so they wont donate that much. Funnn
>>
>>50334255
I would just make the druid revive them in a new form. A completely new body. I would also give the character some sort of phobia or mental issue.

This allows for more roleplaying than just sacrificing some hitpoints, and places a big focus on the dramatic change that death causes and how that character's life is split into 'before dead' and 'after coming back'.
>>
Bards can Raise Dead.
>>
>>50335273
this for sure.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.