[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BWAHAHAHAH We are going to defeat those fucking furries! Unl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 276
Thread images: 34

BWAHAHAHAH
We are going to defeat those fucking furries! Unlike last time. Or the time before that. Or the time before that. Or...

https://youtu.be/tUuyyVaCOzw
>>
>>50332255
End of Magnus was leaked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnSpispAP0M
>>
File: traitor!.png (693KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
traitor!.png
693KB, 1920x1080px
>>50332255
I'm going to blame ahriman
>>
>>50332569
Ahriman is probably goin g to ruin this gig for Magnus and the rest of the Thousand sons
>>
>>50332569
who is this?
>>
>Gods of Fenris will howl

What? Who? When? How?
>>
>>50332255
wait, I only count 2 previous attempts. what were the others?
also, trip dubs checked
>>
>>50332800
I think OP added in BoP too as a TS defeat.
>>
>>50332255
>I must defeat the furries!
>no magnus, you are the furries
>and then Magnus was a bird monster
>>
>>50332255

I don't care, I just want the damn model and rules already. This is bringing me back.
>>
>>50332800
Prospero, battle of the fang... ah?
>>
>>50332733
Knekku.
>>
>>50332255
I gotta admit, I would love it if they actually scrubbed Fenris off the map.
>>
>>50332255
Cover your nipples friendo.
>>
>>50332255
> "My lord... we know all of this."
>>
>>50332255
So he's a Saturday morning cartoon villain?
>>
>>50332828
underrated post
>>
>>50332850
>he thinks the TS rules will not be yes another shitfest
>>
>>50332760
The spirits of Fenris, which provide the Rune Priests of the Space Wolves power, which allows the Rune Priests to definitely not be Psykers or Sorcerers so their hatred of all things warp is completely justified, because even though they use rituals and runes and made deals with the Spirits of Fenris they aren't Sorcerers. Because the Spirits of Fenris are definitely not warp entities.
>>
>>50332255
So, what did the guy that tried to warn Magnus have to say? What deus ex machina will save the Wolves from annihilation?
>>
>>50332255
The Wolves lost badly to the Thousand Sons in Hunt for Magnus.
>>
>>50333332
sick bigits
By the way, let's see...
>>50333333
>>
>>50333347
What if they're tyranids? There's speculation kraken are remnants of some long lost hive fleet. What if Rune Priests are tapping into their gestalt hive mind and using it?
>>
>>50333473
>tapping into their gestalt hive mind
No big surprise. Space Wolves tap most animals.
>>
>>50333473

That would be weird and cool, but the yiffers would be too butthurt.
>>
>>50333275

I'd love for the galaxy to progress somewhat, but if ya dun mind me asking, why does everyone hate space wolves so much?

other than furries, bc I more see them as just plain wolf men. And giant wolves.
>>
In terms of visual design
Current Agron with Dreadlocks > Old Magnus with Beard > Nurgle Man with Coat > Fulgrim the Worm Boy > Current Bishie Magnus
>>
>>50333652
>bishie

Wat. His jaw is wider and redder than a London bus.
>>
File: you sure m8.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
you sure m8.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>50333652
>new magnus is worst
How does it feel to be so wrong?
>>
>>50333347
so, daemons
>>
>>50333757
Well yeah, that is indeed the implication.
>>
>>50333806
Not all spirits are daemons and not all spirits come from the warp.

See C'Tan.
>>
>>50333507
I'll take that over "totally not warp magic pixies" any day.
>>
>>50333816
C'tan aren't "spirits" they're, depending on the source, born as energy creatures or transcended into energy creature status. I don't recall them lending their psychic powers to others.
>>
>>50332255
The planet of the Sorcerers looks like a nice place to live, considering its in the eye.
>>
>>50333757
>>50333806
>tmw it was Khorne and Tzeentch playing as badass viking spirits
>Khorne is a vikingaboo and went to Tzeentch so he can act nerdy
>>
>>50333816
C'tan are not spirits and do not grant psyker powers. C'tan are giant energy ayy lmaos.

The Rune Priests are psykers. Who get their powers from Warp entities. Know colloquially as daemons.
>>
>>50333595
It's mostly just banter. Space Wolves are a cool chapter, even if GW makes huge errors with their portrayal of them.

Russ is a shit primarch though.
>>
>>50334321
Tyranids do not draw their psychic power from the warp. They take it from the hivemind. And Orks use the waaaagh! to generate psychic energy, they do not use the warp.

Space Wolves draw upon the primal powers of Fenris and not the Warp? That's crazy yall.

There is zero proof that anything in Fenris is warp related.
>>
>>50333816
C'Tan arent spirits

They dont draw on the warp at all. They are mad eof living energy, but not warp energy

Theyre basically the most powerful you can become only using this material universe's laws
>>
>>50333595
The hate is more on how GW portrays them in mini's with all the wolf thing.
>>
File: 4333510-7956485299-2352c.jpg (541KB, 1024x1748px) Image search: [Google]
4333510-7956485299-2352c.jpg
541KB, 1024x1748px
>>50333652
>Current Bishie Magnus
>>
>>50334398
>Tyranids do not draw their psychic power from the warp. They take it from the hivemind.

The Hive Mind is a warp entity.

>Orks use the waaaagh! to generate psychic energy, they do not use the warp.

WAAAGH! is merely an effect in the Warp.
>>
>>50334406

Oh, yeah. I am kinda irritated at giant wolf cavalry. I feel if it was introduced in the 80's it'd be rad but idk. Something about it just being thrown in is kinda ugh
>>
>>50334398
>There is zero proof that anything in Fenris is warp related.
Other than them being packets using psychic powers and affected by anti-psyker equipment.

Those other two examples are both warp-based as well, Magos Einstein.
>>
File: xHbBSUqKuZM.jpg (59KB, 569x558px) Image search: [Google]
xHbBSUqKuZM.jpg
59KB, 569x558px
>>
File: SW Vs TS.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SW Vs TS.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>50334321
>Space wolves draw power from daemons for ten thousand years and nothing happens
>Magnus does it for two hundred years and get's deamoned
So, in addition to combat prowess, tactics, looks, fanbase, home planet, animal theme of choice, space wolves are now better at TSons at psychic powers.
>>
>>50334226
It's full of sorcerers though.
>>
>>50334226
Maybe if you're a NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD.
>>
>>50334559
I could probably get a job, as a scroll holder with only a minimal chance of being used as a test subject. Magnus and his boys probably tried to make the world like Prospero as much as they can, it could be one of the most civilized planet in the galaxy.
>>
File: The Vault of Aza'gorod.png (31KB, 390x265px) Image search: [Google]
The Vault of Aza'gorod.png
31KB, 390x265px
>>50334403
>They dont draw on the warp at all.

Then how come they have a psychic shadow n the Warp that psykers can see planetary systems away?
>>
>>50334607
If they were just going to blow it up why didn't they just bomb the site from orbit?
>>
>>50334625
The Kill teams were bored and wanted something to shoot.
>>
>>50334625
It was a stealth mission. They didn't want to alarm the Necrons.
>>
>>50334607
>Undead machines

What do they mean by this?
>>
>>50334607
Doesn't shadow specifically mean they're anti-psychic. They didn't see some psychic emanation, they saw a lack of it. Like it's a blank spot in the warp. Necrons are known for their anti-warp stuff from pylons to null field matrices to whatever fucked the Orpheus system.

Quite frankly it's one of those things were the designers got kewl OC ideas they just toss in there with no regards to how they fit into the rest of the setting. I'd love for them to just come out and tell us what's the deal with the C'tan and Necrons, rather than every publication contradicting the other and tossing between the old and new fluff.
>>
File: circeus-c2i7538m-14266225030.png (146KB, 245x350px) Image search: [Google]
circeus-c2i7538m-14266225030.png
146KB, 245x350px
>>50334599
>>
>>50334718
>Doesn't shadow specifically mean they're anti-psychic.

No.
Tyranids for example also cast a shadow and are highly psychic.
>>
>>50334930
It's called a shadow, but it's all their psychic links overwhelming an area of space and filling every frequency with white noise.

Look at anti-warp stuff like Pariah or null field matrices.
>>
>>50334930
I always imagined Tyranid as a race of blanks that evolved to shoot mind bullets of blankness like a culexus.
>>
>>50334998
>It's called a shadow

So is >>50334607
Shadow != anti-warp
>>
>>50333595

No wolves really wolf the Wolf Wolves. Wolfbody is just wolf and tired of how wolf wolves GW puts on the wolf units. I mean if you have a unit called the Wolf Wolf do you really wolf him to have a wolf on his wolfpack and a wolf on his wolf and a wolf on his wolfwolfwolf? He's wolf enough wolfready. Wolf wolf and wolf, but wolf wolf, I wolf. Wolf it.
>>
>>50335048
have you thought that maybe they refer to 2 different things even if they are called the same?
>>
>>50335048
The Tyranid thing is called "The Shadow in the Warp". That's its name. Just like they got a "Warp Lance", while the codex tell you they don't use the Warp but the Hive Mind's awesome power.

I won't see how "psychic shadow" is a name for something but a description of what it is. And I'm not saying "all shadows in the warp are anti-psychic", I'm saying that a psychic shadow CAN be just that, a psychic dark spot, an area void of psychic stuff, and that sounds a lot more like anti-warp (which we know Necrons are capable of) than something like Tyranid minds blotting out the warp and forcing you to scry in the shade.
>>
File: The Shadow Incarnate.png (5MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
The Shadow Incarnate.png
5MB, 1200x1600px
>>50335007
That isn't far away from the truth. The Tyranids can generate a Null Field.

So Necrons are not the only ones with access to Null tech. Picture related.
>>
>>50335181
>Just like they got a "Warp Lance", while the codex tell you they don't use the Warp but the Hive Mind's awesome power.
where do you think the hive mind's awesome power comes from?
the zoans don't harness psychic energy from the warp themselves but it doesn't mean the hive mind doesn't in turn.
>>
>>50335141
>have you thought that maybe they refer to 2 different things even if they are called the same?

Have you considered the fact that just because something is described as a shadow in the warp it doesn't mean it's anti psychic?

>>50335181
>Just like they got a "Warp Lance", while the codex tell you they don't use the Warp but the Hive Mind's awesome power.

It says they don't use the warp in a way conceviable by human psykers.
The Hive Mind is a warp entity and they draw on its power.

>And I'm not saying "all shadows in the warp are anti-psychic"

Good. Nice to see the change of tune from >>50334718
>Doesn't shadow specifically mean they're anti-psychic
>>
>>50335255
>>50335236
So why isn't it a "Mind Lance" then?

>Good. Nice to see the change of tune

I have yet to see anti-warp stuff that generates a bright psychic imprint on the warp, rather than a dimming one.
>>
>>50335255
According to >>50335221, If enough Tyranid synapse creatures gather they create a zone that is cut off from the warp aka a null field. This means that Hivemind is not a warp enity.
>>
>>50335255
>Have you considered the fact that just because something is described as a shadow in the warp it doesn't mean it's anti psychic?
I have: I don't think that the tyranids' is anti psychic in nature
>>
>>50333595
they are emperors lapdogs
they have more plot armor then any other faction and did nothing wrong eva.
they are a minor chapter without successors but have more special wargear then any other (helfrost this, wolfclaw that)
their models are ass( guy on wulf, box-flyers)
their rules are class-a cheesy most of the time like current wulfen
obnoxious fanbase, who believe in the spesswulfs did nothing wrong retardfluff turning them from grey hunters into white knights
in short they are special snowflake marines
>>
>>50335319
>So why isn't it a "Mind Lance" then?

Because it's still drawing on Warp power, just through the Hive Mind rather from the raw Warp.

>I have yet to see anti-warp stuff that generates a bright psychic imprint on the warp

Don't care. All this discussion is about is whether shadow means anti warp and it does not.
>>
>>50333505
Savage.
>>
>>50335338
>This means that Hivemind is not a warp enity.
or that the effect isn't autoimmune
>>
>>50333193
I didn't know that finns were magic.
>>
>>50334930
the shadow created by the tyranids is the result of DDoSing the local warp, though.
>>
>>50335703
What's your point?
>>
>>50335717
in one case there's the opposite of a warp presence, and in the other, there is so much that nothing can get through...

Huh. so the shadows do act the same.
>>
>>50334416
I... I think I actually quite like this design.
>>
File: Ohhh-shit.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ohhh-shit.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>50333505
>>
>>50335394
>Special Snowflake marines

This phrase is an oxymoron.

Fact is, people hate space Wolves because it's mostly chaosfags getting mad.
>>
>>50335769
>Huh. so the shadows do act the same.

No.
Go back over what you just said.
>>
>>50334398
>Tyranids do not draw their psychic power from the warp.

Yes they do. The Hive Mind is a Warp presence.

>And Orks use the waaaagh! to generate psychic energy

The Waaagh! is a Warp presence too. It's literally a Warp shadow that forms when orks reach a certain number.

No sorcery or psychic power in 40K exists without being related to the Warp. Space Wolves are just hypocrites practicing sorcery.
>>
>>50334607
Probably because that one writer didn't get edited properly.

In all other sources C'tan are a void in the Warp. They have no Warp reflection whatsoever. The only effect that can be seen of them in the Warp is horror generated by humans in their presence.
>>
>>50335412
>Because it's still drawing on Warp power

Can't find anything of the sort in the codex. All their sources for power comes from the Hive Mind and their Perils of the Warp is them straining their minds too much, not any daemonic presence.

>Don't care.

Of course you don't, otherwise you'd have to admit that the Shadow in the Warp is no shadow, no void, but a static that blankets out all else.

>"The coming of a Tyranid hive fleet is preceded by a smothering psychic signal that envelops entire star systems and disrupts all forms of Warp travel and communication. Swallowed up by psychic-static, whole worlds suddenly go deathly silent, giving no clues as to what is unfolding on the surface below, or of what terrors are about to befall. This is the Shadow in the Warp, and it heralds imminent invasion and horror."
>"psyker could not penetrate the Warp turmoil left by the passing of the alien fleet"
>"the undertow left by Hive Fleet Behemoth threatened to lose the Inquisitor’s ship in the Warp, but the Navigator avoided every whirlpool and riptide with consummate skill"

It is not a dark psychic shadow.
>>
>>50335836
>shadow so dark it is picked up by reverb choir
Doesn't that mean there's negative presence in the warp (as opposed to to no presence), dark to the point of being opaque?
>>
>>50335894
>Can't find anything of the sort in the codex.

Except the previously mentioned warp powers.

>Of course you don't, otherwise you'd have to admit that the Shadow in the Warp is no shadow, no void, but a static that blankets out all else.

It's described as a shadow, thus things described as shadow are not anti warp. What it actually is or is not is irrelevant.
>>
>>50335338
No you fucking idiot.

Their combined Warp presence is just so strong it blots out anyone else's ability to access the Warp. That's what The Shadow in the Warp is. It's not a Necron-esque Warp block or a Gellar field.

Imagine it this way Daemon Joe wants to break into realspace to feast upon the flesh of the living. But before he can make the transition, the Give Mind parks its fat ass in the way and goes "Shit somewhere else fuccboi."

The Hive Mind hasn't cut off the Warp in that area or destroyed all Warp reflections the way Necrons do. It's just such a psychic fatass nobody else can fit in the same room as it.
>>
File: shadow.jpg (34KB, 518x118px) Image search: [Google]
shadow.jpg
34KB, 518x118px
>>50333595
People tend to pick on the wolfwolfing of the last few editions, but really, even without/before that there's still a heavy degree of specialness to them which some may find too much (e.g. being 2cool4school party animals who have repeatedly - "some would say joyfully" - waged open war on other Imperial institutions but are nonetheless beloved and respected throughout the galaxy).

>>50334070
>depending on the source, born as energy creatures or transcended into energy creature status
Just the first. Szeras seeks to ascend to energy godhood and there's also Orikan Empowered but they've never suggested there was any such transition for the C'tan, though only the Oldcron codex went into detail on their origins.

>>50334607
I guess Culexus Assassins, Sisters of Silence, and Oldcron Pariahs are all psykers too, since they're Psychic Abominations.

And doesn't the World Engine novel support the idea of the C'tan being anti/un-warp? In a part which you yourself have posted an excerpt of before?
>>
>>50335894
>Can't find anything of the sort in the codex.

WARP. LANCE.

FFS it's been stated multiple times that the Hive Mind is a shadow IN the Warp. It is not a shadow over the Warp. It exists in the Warp. It's the combined Hive Fleet's Warp reflection. That's where they draw their powers from.

Jesus Christ I can't believe anyone could be so inept at 40K lore. Pryker powers = Warp. Always.
>>
>>50335948
>Except the previously mentioned warp powers.

Which are drawn from the Hive Mind and now the warp.

>It's described as a shadow

Think you mean "called a shadow," because the description does sound more like static and white noise that drives people insane, rather than just a void.

>>50336014
>WARP. LANCE.

HIVE. MIND.

>Pryker powers = Warp. Always.

Except when the fluff says Tyranid powers come from the Hive Mind, Ork powers come from the WAAAGH! field, SW psykers draw their power from the non-warp spirits on Fenris, etc.

Don't scream at me because GW fucks their own fluff.
>>
>>50336093
>Except when the fluff says Tyranid powers come from the Hive Mind

The Hive Mind is a Warp presence.

>Ork powers come from the WAAAGH! field

The Waaagh! field is literally a field of Warp energy. Created by the known Warpsmiths that are the Old Ones.

>SW psykers draw their power from the non-warp spirits on Fenris

The Wolves CLAIM to draw their power from non-Warp spirits. But there are no non-Warp spirits in 40K, and no other sources of psychic power.

I can't believe you're failing this hard at lore.
>>
>>50336093
Warp =/= Daemons though buddy.

Tyranids use the Hive mind as a conduit to channel Warp powers.

WAAAGH energy is generated by the Ork's mass impression on the Warp.

Fenris Spirits could simply be Non-Daemonic spirits.

Honestly, I like the idea of Less Evil Warp things.
>>
>>50336139
>Honestly, I like the idea of Less Evil Warp things

Same, but I also like the pottery that the Space Wolves are so similar to the Thousand Sons and due to their pride can't admit it to themselves that no space wolves you are the sorcerer.
>>
>>50336093
>Which are drawn from the Hive Mind and now the warp.

The Hive Mind is just a big mind you retard. It draws its powers from the Warp like all minds do. Psychic Tyranids are faucets for that power.

It distorts the warp the same way all minds do in 40K, it just does it on a way bigger scale because it's huge.
>>
>>50336139
>Fenris Spirits could simply be Non-Daemonic spirits.

Technically all Warp entities are daemons. Avatars have the daemon rule.

They're just not CHAOS daemons.
>>
>>50336167
If I recall, Shamanism and Sorcery are similar but different ideas of Warp Fuckery.

Sorcery is literally pacts with Daemons. While the Rune Priests use Runic knowledge given to them by the Spirits of Fenris.

Hell, for all we know, the Spirits of Fenris are just Ancestor Spirits and Fenris has some kind of Human World-Soul.

Or maybe it has an Eldar World-Soul and the Eldar help out the Space Wolves in return for protecting Fenris so much.

>>50336193
I guess that's true, but then again, Daemon in Ancient Greek was basically "Spirit" and not evil by definition.
>>
>>50335923
A while back the navel engineers had to fuck with submarine designs because they made them too quiet and they were showing up on sonar as a bubble of nothing. It's like that.
>>
>>50336138
>The Hive Mind is a Warp presence.

Can't find anything about that in the codex.

>The Waaagh! field is literally a field of Warp energy.

All I can find in the codex are Imperial theories, nothing concrete.

>The Wolves CLAIM to draw their power from non-Warp spirits.

Well clearly you have good evidence on how their psykers work then.

>I can't believe you're failing this hard at lore.

I can't believe you haven't read any of the current fluff.

>>50336139
>Warp =/= Daemons though buddy.

Chaos is the Warp and Warp is Chaos. So says the Chaos fluff. Daemons, furies, etc. are all born of Chaos energies. Days of impartial or undivided things are over, there is just Chaos.

>Tyranids use the Hive mind as a conduit to channel Warp powers.

Codex just says they get their power from the Hive Mind's will.

>WAAAGH energy is generated by the Ork's mass impression on the Warp.

According to Imperial theories.

>Fenris Spirits could simply be Non-Daemonic spirits.

Either they're non-warp based or Chaos, since all warp is Chaos now.
>>
>>50336178
Well clearly you got up to date sources on this to share, otherwise you wouldn't be making such brash claims.
>>
>>50336304
>I-it could be Imperial theories
>But the chaos codex tells the truth

He's just a butthurt chaosfag guys, move along.
>>
>>50336210
>Sorcery is literally pacts with Daemons.
Sorcerers uses Sorcery given to them by Daemons

>Rune Priests use Runic knowledge given to them by the Spirits of Fenris.
Runic knowledge is literally pacts with Spirits of Fenris.

>Hell, for all we know, the Spirits of Fenris are just Ancestor Spirits and Fenris has some kind of Human World-Soul.

Hell, for all we know, the Spirits of Fenris are just Daemons and Fenris has some kind of Daemonic World-Soul.
>>
>>50336355
Yeah, and the Dark Angels are the real heretics and all the loyalists are bad and wrong and only the Legions are cool like you wish your dad was.

Look retard. The Proof is in the pudding, the Space Wolves have used their Runic magic for what? 10,000 years? And not once has it bitten them in the ass. In fact, on the contrary; Runepriests and Wulfen are surprisingly resilient to the effects of the Warp and the predation of Daemons. Go read about the 13th company to see that.

All of your butthurt whining won't unburn prospero son.
>>
>>50336340
>Chaos codexes says the Warp is Chaos and Chaos is the Warp.
>Ork codex says Imperials got theories about how Waaagh! works

It's LITERALLY what's written in the books. If you don't have a more credible source, you're free to move along and not bother us with your non-contributions.
>>
>>50336304
>The Hive Mind is a Warp presence.
>Can't find anything about that in the codex.
Here's how the hive mind works, anon. The psychic echos of individual tyranid organisms in the warp are not individual souls, but are effectively soul-neurons that, together, make up the Hive Mind.
>>
>>50336424
>Chaos Codex is right.

But the Books clearly state the Spirits of Fenris are not the same as Daemonic pacts.

So then we are at an impass.
>>
>>50336434
[citation needed]
>>
>>50336411
Again, I don't personally care one way or the other. As I said I enjoy the poetry between Space Wolves and Thousand Sons.

But my previous post was showing how similar the situations are. Sorcerers contact Daemons for power / knowledge. Rune Priests contact the "Spirits of Fenris" for power / knowledge.

Way to go for the ad hominem attacks :^)

>Space Wolves have used their Runic magic for what? 10,000 years? And not once has it bitten them in the ass.

I'd say being unable to make successor chapters (as Space Wolf geneseeds only work for the natives of Fenris) MIGHT be considered biting them in the ass. Though whether this is caused by the spirits is never explained.
>>
>>50336411
>Space Wolves have used their Runic magic for what? 10,000 years? And not once has it bitten them in the ass.

They suffer Perils of the Warp just like everybody else.

Eldar rarely ever fuck up with psychic powers. That doesn't mean they're not using the Warp.

All psychic powers in 40K are Warp related.
>>
>>50336558
I never said they don't use Non-Warp powers.

I said we don't hear about the Spirits being fickle and corrupting the Space Wolves like Daemons often do.
>>
>>50336329
>>50336459
>It is not a single mind capable of small, conscious thought the way a Human's mind works, but instead it is a grand agglomeration created from the psychic presence of untold billions of Tyranid creatures. It is a nightmarish and unfathomable intelligence that allows Tyranids to coordinate and adapt as if every Tyranid creature is merely a part of a single massive organism, one which is utterly focused on consuming all other life.

Straight from the Tyranid codex.

It's just a fucking big mind made of smaller minds. It interacts with the warp the same way all minds do, but on a larger scale. This is why it has a shadow in the warp - because, like all minds, it has a warp reflection. And, like all minds, it draws psychic power from the warp.

Dude, go to bed, you've clearly forgotten the most basic elements of 40K lore. Psyker powers are always, always warp related.
>>
>>50336459
how else would a HIVE MIND work?
>>
>>50336571
All warp entities are daemons though.

'Daemon' does not actually refer to 'Chaos monster'. It refers to a being made of psychic energy. Avatars are daemons. The Chaos Gods are essentially really big daemons.

The spirits if Fenris may very well be mostly benevolent. But they're still daemons if they exist.
>>
>>50336445
It's not from the perspective of anyone, so why is it wrong? If what's being written in the books from the perspective of an objective narration (rather than a subjective one, like "according to Imperial records" or something similar), how exactly can you claim any of your evidence to be true? Can you provide an up to date source on the warp being inhabited by creatures that got nothing to do with Chaos? Or Warp space not related to Chaos?

>But the Books clearly state the Spirits of Fenris are not the same as Daemonic pacts.

Well, if they're elemental spirits of Fenris, maybe they're not warp related in the first place. Just speculation, but if Daemons are off the table and warp is nothing but, they must be something else. Again, maybe it's some remnant Hive Mind of ancient tyranids settled on the planet?
>>
>>50336626
And where does it say the Hive Mind resides in the Warp and draws on the Warp energy to fuel all the psychic powers of the Tyranids? That's sort of the question being asked and not answered.

>you've clearly forgotten the most basic elements of 40K lore

And that is "GW doesn't care and what they make up shit up as they go."
>>
>>50336652
>maybe it's some remnant Hive Mind of ancient tyranids settled on the planet?

Is Jaws of the World Wolf ever described as hungry or something along those lines?

It's an interesting concept. Now if they were using a long dead/dormant Hive Mind and a new Hive Fleet sensed them, would Tyranids go out of their way to investigate / fight another Hive Fleet or just goes about its business?
>>
>>50336817
Kraken tend to want to kill the Space Wolves though, so I don't see the Hive Mind helping them.

I prefer the World-Spirit/Soul theory, that Fenris was an Eldar Maiden World and the Eldar Spriits guide the Space Wolves.

Just replace "Wolves" with "Dinosaurs" and Space Wolves would be Exodites.
>>
>>50336859
>Space Wolves are exodites
I didn't know I wanted this until now, but now I really do.
>>
>>50336930
Think about it.

>In tune with their planet
>base their entire culture around a single animal type
>Least effected by chaos than their peers
>A bit stupid
>Rad as fuck
>>
>>50336859
Now I wish that Fenris was a giant Exodite world that sends out Dinosaur Riding elf hunting parties to kill shit and take trophies home.
>>
>>50336736
It states that the Hive Mind is a big mind made of smaller minds.

All minds have reflections in the warp. All psychic minds in 40K get their powers from the warp. The Shadow in the Warp is 100% consistent with how all psykers that draw from the warp work, just... bigger.

It's not a warp ENTITY the same way a human psyker is not a warp entity. But it is drawing its powers from the warp because that is literally where all psychic powers in 40K explicitly come from. For fucks' sake the Zoanthrope's main shooting attack is called 'Warp Lance'.

If it did not interact with the warp there would be no Shadow in the Warp.
>>
>>50337140
All the Elves and Dinosaurs died.

It needs to settle for Wolves and Viking men.
>>
>>50336859
>I prefer the World-Spirit/Soul theory, that Fenris was an Eldar Maiden World and the Eldar Spriits guide the Space Wolves.

Holy fuck that makes so much sense.
>>
File: dude what.png (111KB, 233x233px) Image search: [Google]
dude what.png
111KB, 233x233px
Tyranid psychic powers:

Warp Blast
>A powerful psychic attack used by Zoanthropes, or sometimes Hive Tyrants, focusing the energy of the Hive Mind until it arcs out as a blast of pure Warp energy.

Warp Field

Warp Lance
>A psychic attack consisting of the Hive Mind's energy channeled through a Zoanthrope into a focused stream of Warp energy with enough power to punch through fortress walls or vapourise a battle tank.

B-BUT THEY DON'T USE THE WARP GUISE.
>>
>>50337154
Even better.

Its inhabitants interbred with the human Fenrisians. That's why they're so resistant to perils of the warp and seem just tougher and faster than normal humans.

>inb4 reeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>50337145
So, you got billions of minds reflecting in the Warp, just like any other minds. Yet none of those minds are drawing psychic power from the Warp, they're drawing it from the Hive Mind. So how does the Hive Mind get its power? Because merely reflecting in the Warp doesn't mean you draw on it like a psyker. None of the Tyranid psykers draw their power from the Warp, they draw it from the Hive Mind. The non-psychic creatures aren't said to draw on the Warp.

>For fucks' sake the Zoanthrope's main shooting attack is called 'Warp Lance'.

Yet the power comes from the Hive Mind. Go figure. It's almost like GW doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>50337235
>Fenrisians are all part Eldar like that old fluff Liberarian/navigator was.

>Space Wolf gene seed only works on those with Eldar blood.
>>
>>50337213
All psychic energy is codified as warp energy in 40k, you mong.
The Hive Mind is a psychic gestalt, the energy it creates is little different than the energy of the Empyrean, which is comprised of and influenced by psychic energy of living beings.
>>
>>50337256
The Hive Mind is a giant mind, made from little minds, It draws powers from the Warp, and being stronger than anything shorter of the Chaos Gods and the Emperor in terms of psychic power, it hands out psychic powers to Tyranid organisms bred to use them.
That work?
>>
>>50337213
>focusing the energy of the Hive Mind
>attack consisting of the Hive Mind's energy

Truly the Tyranid psykers draw their power from the Warp just like any other psyker.
>>
>>50337295
>It draws powers from the Warp

All we're missing is the piece that says it, because right now we have no mention of Tyranids drawing power from the Warp and all their psykers just use the power of the Hive Mind.
>>
>>50337263
>All psychic energy is codified as warp energy in 40k, you mong

BECAUSE IT COMES FROM THE WARP.

>energy of the Empyrean, which is comprised of and influenced by psychic energy of living beings

Living beings LIKE A FUCKING TYRANID SWARM.

Tyranids have a Hive Mind. That Hive Mind has a reflection in the warp so huge it actual blots out everything else. It is also powerful enough to draw from the warp like all psykers do. It channels that power through psychic organisms.
>>
>>50337329
All psychic energy in 40K comes from the warp.

The Hive Mind is the psyker, the zoanthrope/hive tyrant/etc is the focus. It parcels out its psychic power as necessary. Psychic power that is drawn from the warp.
>>
It is explicitly stated in every description of psyker powers or the warp that all psyker power comes from there.

Tyranids are literally sending so many telepathic messages to one another at all times through the warp that they cause a massive ball of static that blots out all other attempts at communication.

I cannot believe people are arguing against this.
>>
>>50337332
>It is also powerful enough to draw from the warp like all psykers do.

[citation needed]

>>50337352
>All psychic energy in 40K comes from the warp.
>The Hive Mind is the psyker

[citation needed]
>>
>>50337413
>8e Shadow of the Warp is renamed DDOS of the Warp.
>>
>>50332255
nerds VS furries
whoever looses, we win
>>
>ITT assblasted faggot who got BTFO but refuses to admit he was wrong
>>
File: giphy.gif (915KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
915KB, 245x285px
>>50332255
>puts bird shit on everything
>calls others furries
>>
File: 069.jpg (1021KB, 1131x1594px) Image search: [Google]
069.jpg
1021KB, 1131x1594px
>>50337213
I'm not part of this argument, but if you're trying to tell people what the fluff says, you might want to use an actual source rather than a wiki.
>>
>>50337423
>All psychic energy in 40K comes from the warp.
>[citation needed]

The core fucking rulebook.

Christ.
>>
>the Hive Mind's constant psychic signalling between organisms in the Warp is so strong that people can't send messages through it
>but they totes don't use the Warp bruh

This makes no sense.
>>
File: 1479105282649.jpg (37KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1479105282649.jpg
37KB, 480x640px
>>50337515
>Birds
>Fur
>>
>>50335800
Wonders what happens when armor looks like it's from Dynasty Warriors.
I like it, too.
>>
>>50337620
It also says that Perils of the Warp is daemons crawling into the psykers mind, yet Tyranid description is very different.
>>
File: gw-crappy-toys.jpg (121KB, 295x334px) Image search: [Google]
gw-crappy-toys.jpg
121KB, 295x334px
>>50337656
>>
>>50337213
And my bed sheets are warped, damn sorcery!
>>
>>50337798
At night, do they overtake you? Is it a good pain?
>>
>>50337656
From what I understand, to me it's less that they are using the Warp, and more that they are replacing/usurping the Warp.

Since the Warp is created by the emotions and wills of all living things, it makes sense that the Tyranids would contribute to that, but Tyranids don't really have their own individual emotions and wills. When synaptically connected, they have effectively one will. This huge combined singular will and purpose of a hive fleet, effectively pushes aside the traditionally chaotic Immaterium that the Warp is made up of, and normal creatures use and take advantage of, replacing it with a monolith of emotion (hunger) and a unified purpose (devour), blocking out access for other types of psykers.

>>50337768
Normal psykers accessing the Warp for its power run the risk of possession by warp manifestations.
The Tyranids are drawing upon their own monolithic Warp energies which effectively block out the traditional perils, but are capable of being blown apart by the shere energies channeled through warp sensitive tyranids.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>50337768
Hive mind seems to work like a filter on the warp, it blocks or covers the warp itself while it access it and in turn the Tyranid organisms access the hive mind in order to manifest powers.
>>
>>50337768
Which makes sense.

The sheer amount of shit going on psychically in a Tyranid fleet makes it super hard for daemons to manifest in them anyway. The psychic static generated by billions of organisms sending messages to each other through the warp fucks with that shit.

And not all perils of the warp results are 'daemons explode out of your head.' Sometimes psykers just overtax themselves or try to channel too much energy at once.
>>
>>50337836
I wouldn't say they're REPLACING the warp.

The sheer immensity of the hive mind just creates an area in the warp that is totally dominated by its presence. And because it has a singular will and a singular hunger, it doesn't create daemons and shit, because those are generated by emotional content.
>>
>>50337924
Yeah that's pretty much what I meant.
>>
>>50333347
>>50334557
As a SW player, my entire army is modeled as crazy pagan bullshit that looks like it's about a hair's breath from becoming full gibbering chaos worshippers. There are at least as many Chaos SM, Chaos Warrior, and Chaos Maurader bits as there are SW parts in my units.

My headcanon is that Fenris is inhabited by some Erlking-style Demon Prince of the Hunt to whom they are all quietly dedicated.
>>
>>50333595
Envy
>>
>>50338069
Would have loved to make a shaman librarian for my 30k SW, but with a Praetor, Vigilator and a Forge Lord, my HQ's are full.

Shame Centurions aren't like daemon heralds, which you can take several per HQ slot. Or that you can't upgrade command squad members into specialist positions, like as a librarian (max lvl. 1) tech adept (command squad Marine with access to techmarine options), apothecary (enabling terminator apothecaries in the squad without a primus medicae), etc.
>>
>>50336304
if everything in the warp is chaos, then what are psychneuiein (whatever it's spelled) ? what is the webway ? what is kalgor draigo ? what are void whales (if there is a corrupted one by chaos, it implies that there is some who are not, else it would just be another kind of chaos thing) ? The warp isn't just chaos, there is more to it, whatever the chaos codexes say

you have also to remenber that there is no such a thing as certain canon when talking about GW fluff, everything is lies half truth and bias of perspective (which is pretty convenient to explain retcon and lore inconsistensies)
>>
>>50338223
Yeah. My rune priests are full shaman-sorcerer bullshit. My wolf priests are goði, covered in bones and shit. My blood claws are probably half fantasy maurader at this point and covered with wooden shields and swinging axes.

I'm currently working on a counts-as Logan Grimnar to be Konungr. He's been kitbashed from the FW Horus model and a bunch of other crap. I'm going to order the "Frostlord on Stonehorn" and kitbash the stonehorn with a juggernaut to make his mount as a counts-as Stormrider
>>
File: leman_russ_-_prospero.jpg (76KB, 675x396px) Image search: [Google]
leman_russ_-_prospero.jpg
76KB, 675x396px
tfw two intelligent too use psykers
>>
>>50338324
>what are psychneuiein

Probably something like furies. Born of Chaos, but not yet claimed by any of the gods as their own.

>what is the webway ?

A network of tunnels outside of the Warp?

>what is kalgor draigo ?

A space marine.

>what are void whales

Big space creatures that eat stuff.
>>
>>50335812
>Fact is, people hate space Wolves because it's mostly chaosfags getting mad.
Taufag here, I'm mostly mad at how the Space Wolves can get away with pissing off the Inquisition or killing Primarchs, get away with it and everybody cheers while my faction isn't even allowed to barely survive an engagement without everyone raising a stink about how they should have been wiped of the galaxy.
>>
File: mad.jpg (84KB, 594x596px) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
84KB, 594x596px
>>50338559
>Probably something like furies. Born of Chaos, but not yet claimed by any of the gods as their own

good, good let the hate flow through you
>>
>>50336355
>Runic knowledge is literally pacts with Spirits of Fenris.
So it's like the exodite Eldar world spirit then?
>>
>>50338694
Sort of. None of the gods of Fenris have ever been mentioned, named, or talked about sans Bjorn, who was said to be a massive spirit in the warp, standing constantly atop the reflection of the fang in the warp eternally battling chaos spirits to keep them at bay.
>>
File: projecting.jpg (29KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
projecting.jpg
29KB, 490x333px
>>50338683
Different anon, so nice projection there.
>>
>>50337711
The oriental-ness makes it look actually strange in a 40k setting, in a good way.
>>
>>50338121
No, that's Ultramarines.
>>
>>50337656
>>the Culexus Assassin's lack of a soul is so strong that people can't send messages through it
>>but they totes don't use the Warp bruh
Exactly.
>>
>>50338324
>what is kalgor draigo ?
A daemon.

Oh come on, don't look at me like that. He is unkillable in the warp, never ages a day even though centuries pass, cannot be corrupted by the other gods, can only come out of the warp when there's a warp rift open somewhere and gets sucked back into the warp when it closes.

Dude's a daemon.
>>
>>50338754
The spirit worlds are still a psychic presence with links to the warp though. One exodite world getting angry was enough to almost tear Commoragh to shreds.
>>
>>50338897
Nah, he's a daemon prince of malal.
>>
File: ccb.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ccb.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>50338897
No, he's a pirate
>>
>>50338754
>None of the gods of Fenris have ever been mentioned, named, or talked about sans Bjorn

Morkai, you dodo. His rune keep Khorne's power broken and contained wthin Logan's axe.
>>
>>50334398
>Space Wolves draw upon the primal powers of Fenris and not the Warp? That's crazy yall.

*IF* thats true, why do their runepowers work on the other side of the galaxy?
>>
>>50339232
Well I'll be, that's interesting. Shame there's only a single line about him on the lexicanum though. I'm hoping the gods of Fenris will be expanded on in Wrath of Magnus, but it's just as likely there'll be a section where Magnus just wrecks them all to show how tough he is.
>>
Just a reminder guys.

In "Valedor", Slaanesh slapped the Hivemind aside when she descended on Duriel to feast on Eldar souls.

In "Wraithflight", Iyana sees that the Hivemind is a big thread of fate/soul that snakes through the Warp.

In "Shadow of Leviathan", the Hive Mind was struck with the Golden Light of Terra.

What does that all mean, guys?
>>
>>50339284
They carry Fenris with them wherever they go.....in their hearts.

Also Runes are made by containing a portion of power inside an object with a symbol or word of power etched on it.
>>
>>50339286
The Space Woof novels mention some of the legends surrounding him. I believe him and Russ fought according to Fenris myth's.
>>
Am I the only one who really, really wants to see Russ come back as some kind of werewolf pseudo-demon prince? Possibly even re-introducing 13th company, grey slayers and the other stuff from the eye-of-terror list.

I wouldn't mind seeing The Fang destroyed and the SWs becoming a viking raider fleet chapter, either.

SWs are my primary army.
>>
>>50339284
Runepowers don't recognize space and any distance to them is zero?
>>
>>50339319
that means this as literraly nothing to do in a SW and TS thread.
>>
>>50338617
They should be.

What a gay fucking faction.
>>
>>50339319
That means the Hive Minds is strong enough that a Warp God has to get up it's ass to get the candy, because it's servants were not able to.

The rest is more or less meaningless.
>>
>>50339379
>They carry Fenris with them wherever they go.....in their hearts.
I know youre hamming it up but wolf players cant possibly believe this can they?

Ahriman in a Thousand Sons confirms that the rune priests are the same power as the librarians of the Sons. They also still use psychic hoods and other psychic tools.
>>
>>50339735
>Viking

No way. It's all WOLF WOLF WOLF all the time now. No Vikings for you
>>
>>50340362
> Ahriman
> Credible source for objective truth about Space Wolves

Next you'll quote Palestine for information about Israel.
>>
>>50334416
More?
>>
>>50332255
Oh my god. Wish i could get one painted straight from the workshop i don't even play the game and thats fucking byootiful.
>>
>>50340557
>Next you'll quote Palestine for information about Israel.
This was before everything went down and Ahriman had a bro-tier relationship with the SW rune priest that dicked the TS over at Nikaea. Gratz on confirming you havent read the book.
>>
>>50340307
>That means the Hive Minds is strong enough that a Warp God has to get up it's ass to get the candy

Nah, Slaanesh used the Tyranids to bait the Eldar so that he could feast.
>>
>>50334416
Source?
>>
>>50332255
I love the Thousand Sons but this is nothing new.

Wrath of Magnus is going to spend 75% of the book with the Wolves getting their shit kicked in before Ragnar Blackmane and Bjorn yiff their way to an asspull Imperial victory. Then Magnus will scurry back off to the Eye shaking his fist like a Saturday morning cartoon villain while Ahriman fucks off with half the Sons in tow.

Status quo maintained.
>>
>>50332760
*dogs
>>
>>50340700
> Gratz on confirming you haven't read the book.
> Muh nerd elitism
I was making a joke. It's like a dick, you can take it.
>>
>>50340951
Oh..so kind of like how the Tau always manage to push the Imperials shit in in every IA book.
>>
>>50340951
What you said is the most probably outcome.

What I am hoping for is Fenris and the Fang are destroyed but The SW survive and save the population and become fleet based. The DA and GK also see the wulfen fighting chaos and forgive/allow them. A status quo that works out better for the TS for once.
>>
>>50337836
>>50337924
sounds about right.
>>
Anyone played with the Renegades and Heretics army? Is it any good?
>>
>>50341324
I'd like something to happen too, but as GW puts it themselves: 40k is a setting, not a story. Nothing major will ever change.
>>
>>50341635
Just got the book: Artillery, Artillery, Artillery
>>
File: ChickenDraigo.jpg (93KB, 387x623px) Image search: [Google]
ChickenDraigo.jpg
93KB, 387x623px
>>50338897
that's heresy, anon. Kaldor Draigo is an honorable space marine.
>>
>>50341666
>Nothing major will ever change.
Warzone Fenris 1 shows you're wrong here. Return of the 13th and all. Besides I think GW are realizing that progression builds hype.
>>
>>50341635
They're significantly stronger than CSM, their erstwhile masters. Armylist is really fun to play around with.
>>
>>50341689
He's not a man! He's a chicken!
>>
>>50335394
>obnoxious fanbase
cannot be stressed fucking enough about this faction
>>
>>50335812
chaosfag here, hate space wolves because they do khorne berzerkers better than khorne berzerkers. so yeah, it's mostly jealousy.
>>
>>50339735
I for one hate Space Wolves. But totally want to see a Wulfen Russ make an apperance. Which helps end the mistrust that the Wulfen originated.
>>
File: schedule.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
schedule.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Of course a thread with Magnus the Red at the OP was going to have nerds arguing about the warp.
>>
File: 042.jpg (742KB, 1123x1625px) Image search: [Google]
042.jpg
742KB, 1123x1625px
>>50340951
>Then Magnus will scurry back off to the Eye shaking his fist like a Saturday morning cartoon villain

Hey, just like Angron. Will the Thousand Sons also beat their chests and wail in dismay when Fateweaver or whatever Lord of Change they brought inevitably gets its ass kicked?
>>
Is anyone else hoping GW have the balls to let the Thousand Sons win?
>>
>>50338897
>>what is kalgor draigo ?
>A daemon.
I read a pretty neat fan theory somewhere that the emperor is becoming a fifth god (it was something like the god of order) and that Draigo represented his first greater daemon, and the Legion of the Damned represented lesser daemons.
>>
>>50332733

Patrick. Who is this?
>>
File: 1479776120345s.jpg (2KB, 125x84px) Image search: [Google]
1479776120345s.jpg
2KB, 125x84px
>>50343881
Saw this posted earlier today. One can only hope.
>>
File: 1479776120345.jpg (89KB, 448x302px) Image search: [Google]
1479776120345.jpg
89KB, 448x302px
>>50343965
Fuck.
>>
>>50343881
>>50343965
>>50343981
Magnus will destroy Fenris at a high cost, the thousand sons will retreat back to the warp and the remaining Wolves will follow them and go to Cadia as Chaos assembles their forces.
>>
>>50332800
That one time when Ragnar blackmane stabed him in the eye on the planet they were turning into prospero2.0
>>
>>50332828

>Just As Planned
>>
>>50338843
Yeah, it really emphasizes the mysticism you see with 1k Sons.
>>
>>50343981

Having Fenris get destroyed would be a rather dark development in the plot. It would make things pretty bleak for the space wolves.

All in all, not a bad idea. The question is, would Rune Priest powers still work if Fenris gets exterminatus'd?
>>
>>50336355
Boy, it's going to be fun when GW proves you wrong.
>>
>>50343881
Yes
Need reminder that this universe is the grimdark where bad guys will eventually gain the upper hand

And sick of Wolf bullshit honestly
>>
>>50344198
> sick of Wolf bullshit

> tfw you like the faction everyone hates
feelsbadman
>>
>>50338832
Other anon here too
>defending some anon in an argument with other in an anonymous board
>not expecting being called same person
What are you looking to accomplish?
>>
>>50344229
Sick of the cheese
Sick of the hard-on the writers have for them
>>
>>50341689
That's not Kaldor Draigo, that's a chicken.
>>
>>50344284
It's kind of a bummer.. because I legitimately like the core concept. Space vikings are cool. Beards and pelts and talismans and all that shit. Awesome. I didn't even mind the werewolf thing, because that's just making them úlfheðnar.

But every edition the fluff gets worse, and even mentioning them stirs up a dogpile -- no pun intended.
>>
>>50343913
Him, and the fucking angels the sister hood have.
They fly, have wings, can't die, wield holy powers, appear and disappear....
>>
>>50344243
>What are you looking to accomplish?

To have a discussion? I mean, seriously, "what is the webway?" How does the webway or Draigo disapprove Warp being Chaos? Furies already shows you how you can have Warp creatures that aren't dedicated lesser or greater daemons, yet born of Chaos.
>>
>>50343981
>"Shit's totes gon go down, better buy our next book to see how totes."
>everything will get resolved with a wet fart McGuffin and nothing significant ends up happening
>next decade of SW and TS players bickering who won and who got pwned so hard their butts are still hurt about it

I just want to play muh gray spehs vikkings...
>>
>>50345468
>I just want to play muh gray spehs vikkings...
Wolf?
>>
>>50332255
First of all, we now found out the Planet of Sorcerers is named Sortiarius(or maybe that's something we already know)
But anyway
>Always loved the TS and Ahriman;
>Wanted to see how Warzone Fenris will end(probably start of End Times);
>birthday is on 27th;
Will be interesting.
>>
>>50344316
That's a fucking rotor cannon
>>
File: 60010699007_DeathMasqueENG01.jpg (64KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
60010699007_DeathMasqueENG01.jpg
64KB, 600x620px
>>50345816
>>(probably start of End Times);
It's already started
>>
>>50333595

Really one dimensional fluff and obnoxious role as a chapter that does whatever it wants and inexplicably gets away with it.
>>
>>50337213

>"They do not draw power from the warp in any fathomable way, but rather they harness a fraction of the Hive Mind's gestalt will"
>TH-THEY USE THE W-WARP GUYS
>>
>>50347550
>eldars about the save the world
>space marines fuck it up

of course
>>
>>50344518
Hmm... Now I'm thinking of making a themed SoB army with a Living Saint and Legion of the Damned allies.
>>
File: lemon russ.jpg (938KB, 972x844px) Image search: [Google]
lemon russ.jpg
938KB, 972x844px
>>50338462
>tfw not intelligent enough to use arrows.
>>
File: void dragon.jpg (22KB, 300x213px) Image search: [Google]
void dragon.jpg
22KB, 300x213px
>>50347900
>eldrad is seeking to awaken a slumbering god
will the omnissiah return to us?
>>
File: no-wolves[1].jpg (24KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
no-wolves[1].jpg
24KB, 480x432px
Spess wolves are ded
>>
>>50348992
good. they can become nomads, maybe they'll be less furry after a good hundred years of that.
>>
>>50332255
>TFW the model has clearly two eyes
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
>>
>>50347663
I've always taken that line to mean that they DO use the Warp, but they don't manipulate it in a way that regular psykers understand. The power is comes from the same source, but is tapped into via the Hive Mind, rather than the Tyranid itself.
>>
>new Lore of Change, all powers force successful dtw rolls be rerolled

Primaris: +2 to invulns, passed saves reflect s3 ap3 blind hits back
1: reroll all to hit rolls for one unit for one turn
2: pick the result of one dice in your turn
3: a unit's weapons gain Force
4: 3d6" S: d6 AP: d6 Assault d6 Witchfire
5: you an opponent roll off and add the number of WC you want to spend, loser takes the difference in totals in Perils rolls
6 - 12" S: D AP- line, starts at -2 on the D table but you can spend extra warp charges to offset this

Magnus gets the Rubric too, 12" Nova that works like Mind War and transforms things it kills into new 1kSons/Spawn
>>
>>50349082
he has one eye and and empty socket, he also has a classic cyclops option in the kit
>>
>>50349333
>>50349082
http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1479808013642.jpg here be proof
>>
>>50349278
spicy
>>
>>50349278
via anonymous sources on Faeit 212
the book will have 9 new unit entries. some are new, some are updated with adjusted point cost and new options:
Magnus
Ahriman
Exhalted Sorcerors
Rubicae
Scarab Occult Terminators
Tzaangors
Pink Horrors
Blue Horrors
Brimstone Horrors

(yes you read that right, updated rules for Horrors aswell. the book in general will be a tzeentch like daemonkin, featuring all sorts of tzeentch daemons aswell)

there are 10 formations within the book and inside the detatchment.
there are 6 CSM formations and 4 Daemon Formations

There are Updates to Daemonic Loci as well as Icons of Chaos. The Aspiring Sorceror and Scarab Occult Sorceror have multiple wargear options.
the Tzeentch Discipline is added. there are also all 4 Traitor Marine Psychic Diciplines inside.

Magnus, Ahriman, Exhalted Sorcerors, Scarab Occult Socrerors aswell as Aspiring Sorcerors all have acces to 11 Disciplines (all 6 BRB Disciplines, all 4 Traitor Marine Disciplines aswell as the updated new Tzeentch one)
finally Ahriman is able to Cast powers of his Corvidae Cult ;) aswell as many, many more.
>>
File: wut_am_i_reading.jpg (34KB, 436x311px) Image search: [Google]
wut_am_i_reading.jpg
34KB, 436x311px
>>50349278

>you an opponent roll off and add the number of WC you want to spend, loser takes the difference in totals in Perils rolls

>- 12" S: D AP- line, starts at -2 on the D table but you can spend extra warp charges to offset this

>12" Nova that works like Mind War and transforms things it kills into new 1kSons/Spawn

wtf i love chaos now
>>
>>50349477

I assume there will be rules for thousand sons vehicles, and chaos daemon flamers and screamers?

I hope so, since otherwise this list is missing quite a lot.
>>
>>50349477
are brimstone horrors a new name for flamers or are they a new unit of some sort of half horror half flamer
>>
>>50349527
It's not a full codex. It's meant to be used alongside the normal Chaos Codex
>>
>>50349571

I wonder if there will be a restriction along the lines of "Mark of Tzeentch only in this detachment"

Also, glad they finally have access to Divination.
>>
>>50349477

>Updates to Daemonic Loci as well as Icons of Chaos

So they'll start working as deep strike homing beacons like they're supposed to?
>>
>>50338462
>two
>too
Case closed.
>>
>>50333340

I am not sure they have anywhere but up to go, so I feel good.
>>
>>50349477
>via anonymous sources on Faeit 212
Lol. People believed that guy in the 40k general and posted it around. Fucking sad tbqh.

You'd think people on this site would be better at not trusting anonymous sources. This is my dad works at nintendo tier.
>>
>>50349278
Now this is saucy.

Loyalists will have to do it triple to try to survive this.
>>
>>50349536

They are from Silver Tower, they form from Blue Horrors when they die.
>>
File: 1475007726686.png (148KB, 327x338px) Image search: [Google]
1475007726686.png
148KB, 327x338px
>>50348853
Omnissiah =/= Machine God

The Emperor is the Omnissiah you foul fleshbag.
>>
>>50345816
We've known it's Soritarius for a while, though it's hardly prominent fluff so I don't blame you for not knowing.
>>
>>50344518
That, and Celestine slew a daemon prince after fucking annihilating his army. Living saints are no joke. They're pretty much daemon princes for the Emperor themselves.
>>
Should I pick up the Thousand Sons novel to get ready for this? Never read a Horus Heresy book.
>>
>>50332255
>legion going to defeat the furries
>legion worships a pink giantess
>>
>>50349222

>The power is comes from the same source

It says 'BUT RATHER'. The hive mind is contrasted as an alternate source. There are other non-warp based psychic reservoirs such as infinity circuits.
>>
>>50332255
I could hear was WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF
>>
>>50332255
>tfw I love Tzeentch and the Thousand sons, both in lore and aesthetics in general
>tfw I hate birds

Why can't we have less feathers and birdmouths everywhere in exchange of more blue unspeakable mutants with eyes and tentacles everywhere?

For example, just like they got a Keeper of Secrets without goat face, I would love to see a more horror/flamer like Lords of Change. And the same for overall the whole armor. Some feathers here and there is cool, but the bird meme could be moderated a bit.
>>
File: 1459010075782.jpg (560KB, 800x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1459010075782.jpg
560KB, 800x1046px
>>50362289
>not liking birb
>>
>>50333332
>>50333333
So close And yet so far.
>>
>>50359849
It's a fun book about them.
>>
>>50356229
Depends which sect you ask.
>>
>>50335969
As a long time nid fan boy, I liked the idea that they draw their psychic power from "somewhere else" but yeah it is written that Shadow in the warp is just billions of nids chattering to eachother it blocks everything else out.

Imagine trying to talk to your mate while someone has a conversation next to you, easy enough.

Now imagine trying to talk to your mate while surrounded by 500 men who are screaming none stop inches away from you and your friends face. It suddenly becomes a fuck load harder to hear anything else
>>
>>50359849
I would. It remains one of my favorite 40k books.

The Burning of Prospero might also be a good read, although I did not like it nearly as much as Thousand Sons. It takes on the perspective of the Space Wolves.
>>
>>50363531
I liked The Burning of Prospero because of the Kaspar Hauser POV. It was cool to have an anthropologist/historian examining the Rout and noting stuff they did like carve marks of aversion, apotropaic eyes everywhere, etc.
>>
>>50347900

>We want to wake up our god
ok, will this negatively impact the Imperium
>Maybe
Go on
>It'll kill literally quintillions of humans and snuff out the astronomican meaning mankind will have no way to use the warp
Not sure we can get on board with that
>FUCKING MONKEIGH
>>
>>50332255
I thought Magnus still was kind of a nice guy and shit
Thread posts: 276
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.