[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 25

File: dark-eras.jpg (420KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
dark-eras.jpg
420KB, 1536x1152px
Previous Thread: >>50308449
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-shattered-dreams-and-kinfolk-in-print/
>Mage 2e Errata
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
https://mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/when-in-doubt-time-to-play-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Dark Eras or Dark Ages, Which did Shinning Knights better?
>>
Are there any Dark Eras chapters with knights at all?

>World of Darkness
Wow, I thought Dark Eras was after the change over.
>>
File: Power-suit-blue.jpg (63KB, 534x712px) Image search: [Google]
Power-suit-blue.jpg
63KB, 534x712px
>No one running 1980s VtR
How will I ever be a power business woman with a perm and broad shoulders
>>
File: FerrisBuellersDayOff.jpg (18KB, 212x300px) Image search: [Google]
FerrisBuellersDayOff.jpg
18KB, 212x300px
>>50328640
New Wave was awesome
>>
>>50328640
...that's clearly a man
>>
>>50329356
You're clearly a man
>>
>>50329474
Transphobe
>>
>>50328640
Nice Nosferatu disguise there
>>
File: 1429592203576.png (157KB, 383x466px)
1429592203576.png
157KB, 383x466px
W-wraith20 is c-coming, right?
>>
>>50329547
>>
>>50329356
That just makes it better
>>
File: just_bag_me_now.png (73KB, 230x285px) Image search: [Google]
just_bag_me_now.png
73KB, 230x285px
>>50329550
>>
>>50329547

It seems to be moving along, though I still wouldn't expect it till 2017.
>>
>>50329591

Yea. The updates roll in, but every once in awhile, I remember its not done.

The worst part is that I literally have no use for it, but LOVED the setting.
>>
>>50328640
I'd play New Wave if I had a group.
>>
>>50329547
Wraith 20 has overshot so hard it's now killed Kindred of the East 20, Mummy the Resurrection 20 and Sorcerer 20. At this point they should just call it Wraith 25 and take advantage of another few years to get organised.
>>
>>50330400
Also, Changeling 20.

How's this for a stretch goal - actually getting the goddamn book out on time? Mage 20 was two years late and, although it allegedly had an editor, I refuse to accept that given the appalling quality of the editorial work.
>>
Does anyone have the Mage 2e pdf with the errata? Tahnks.
>>
>>50330727
I do, but I'm not going to give it to you because you're a whiny, demanding prat.
Buy it yourself.
>>
>>50328597
>Dark Eras or Dark Ages, Which did Shinning Knights better?

Praise the knights of the lower leg!
>>
Can ghouls regain vitae by swallowing kindred blood on their own?
>>
>>50331649
I want to say both no and yes.
No would reinforce the dependency.
Yes would give the settings feral ghouls who hunt vampires for blood. Individually weak, of course, but in a pack...
I just realized we have Larvals for the latter.

So no.
>>
>>50331649
Yes; this is why independent ghouls are a thing, such as the leader of the Malleus Maleficarum.
>>
>>50331649
Don't see why not.
Make for an interesting Vampire Hunter concept.
Feed off of the parasites.
>>
To answer an anon:

>>50328847
>Could a werewolf Thrall happen?
Yes, it could. But some werewolves (especially the Shadow Lords) have Gifts (werewolf magic, essentially) that can "lolnope" the Blood Bond, so its risky at best, especially considering the werewolves as a whole are already on a "kill on sight" basis with vampires. Furthermore, Garou (werewolves) often have allergic reactions to vampire blood when ingested, so they'd have to fight to keep the blood down in order to properly "infuse" the blood into their body.

>>50328847
>Would the werewolf be able to gain disciplines?
Yes, as any other ghoul, the werewolf would be able to learn disciplines up to the first dot (if the vampire domitor's generation is 8th-13th) and would immediately gain the standard "Potence 1" and a secondary one dot in a discipline from the vampire domitor's clan/bloodline as a "reward" for becoming a ghoul.

>>50328847
>Would feeding off a werewolf get you anything special?
Yes, while a werewolf's body holds only physical room for ten blood points, the blood is so concentrated and potent that each blood point taken is worth two to a vampire. So if a vampire drinks one blood point from a werewolf, his blood pool actually fills up by two points. However, due to the Rage of the werewolves, they'd also get a +1 difficulty on Frenzy checks for each blood point the werewolf loses.

So if a vampire guzzled two points from a werewolf (and thus filled up his bloodpool by 4 points), he'd get a +2 frenzy difficulty while the blood was still in his body. Even if frenzy is resisted, they almost always become paranoid and short-tempered as long as the blood remains, and some vampires have also recieved derangements from it, temporary and permanent. There are also rumors that feeding on werewolf blood can grant temporary levels of Potence and Celerity, but these rumors haven't been verified, and might depend on the whether or not the werewolf is pure-bred or some other quality.
>>
So, In 2e, all splats can also be wolf-blooded.
All splats ARE sleepwalkers.
Shouldn't that mean that all splats can be ghouled?
>>
>>50332068
Half templates right?
>>
>Vampire players wasting exp on blood potency, devotions and flashy disciplines
>meanwhile the ghoul has an average of 7 in all physicals, 10 willpower and could probably kill the sheriff

HELP
>>
If a Coiterie manages to piss off every single Vampire institution in the city, as well as every Mortal one by committing massive property damage and killing Hundreds of people in an explosion that levelled a Skyscraper, how much skull-fucking is justified?
>>
So I have a rules question. In CofD the status merit slows a character to start of as a too business men or drug kingpin but 5dot in status would leave you with only one dot to put in resources, which seems illogical as it would make it impossible to make a highly successful businessman be wealthy, so how do status and resources interact?
>>
>>50330424
>although it allegedly had an editor, I refuse to accept that given the appalling quality of the editorial work.
But the thing you guys keep bitching about isn't even an editor's job. The director is the one who handles content. The editor doesn't say "alright, Phil, that's too many philosophy jerk off sessions", the editor corrects the spelling and grammar of them.

>>50331649
>>50331664
>>50331677
>>50331715
>Yes; this is why independent ghouls are a thing, such as the leader of the Malleus Maleficarum.
Just quoting you all and highlighting this anon. There are rogue ghouls in the setting (VtM, VtR1e, and 2e), and in 2e the section on ghouls has a lot of talk of how some vampires fear them getting too much power.
And of course in Hunter the head of the Malleus is one such ghoul.

>>50332068
That doesn't really follow. Sleepwalkers aren't the ghoul equivalent in Mage; Proximi are.
Wolfblooded are also just a few merits with baggage.
Being a ghoul is the only of the three you list that's an actual "Template".
>>
>>50332411
You could be well respected in a community without having much actual pull in that community.

For example somebody with Status 5 (Drug Dealers) Resources 1. Could be like a priest who hears confession from drug dealers, a retired gangster laying low with encyclopedic knowledge of law enforcement, or the beloved family member of a major player.
>>
>>50332411
I can barely understand your post, but I'm going to take a crack at it all the same.
> but 5dot in status would leave you with only one dot to put in resources
Two, actually, and it's almost as if certain concepts don't work at character creation. I also can't be "the peak of human physical capability" at character creation.
>how do status and resources interact?
Technically, they don't. You can be Status 5 in a business and Resource 0. Status means how much people respect you. It's just that if you're a businessman, you're likely to be wealthy. Resources measures how much cash you have that's liquid, i.e. on hand. You can be a rich person and have Resources 0, because you're not able to spend it, it's all tied up. Someone with Status 5 and Resources 0 is someone who's adept at spending other people's money. I'm sure we can all think of... somebody like that.

>>50332548
Resources doesn't measure pull, Status does. I wouldn't say that a priest is ever going to have Status 5 with Drug Dealers without, you know, being at the head of them. Although I guess he *could* probably have the personality and appreciation that he could ask things of them and try to straighten people out, but that probably would be better handled by some other merit. Like one of those "You don't have Status but people respect you" merits that a lot of the supernatural groups have for cross-faction stuff.
>>
>>50332304
Ah, a scarily competent ghoul. Lovely.
>>
>>50332304
Have the ghoul kick their ass as a reminder of practicality over supernatural shenanigans.
>>
>>50332304
Wait, can ghouls really raise their attributes above 5?
>>
>>50332068
>Shouldn't that mean that all splats can be ghouled?
a wolf-blooded is not the same as a ghoul
so no

splats keep their wolf blooded tell, thats it
>>
>>50333070
no
but som physical disciplines can do that sorta
>>
>>50332304
>>50333029
>>50332837
The Ghoul can only spend a handful of vitae (7 at most, though Resilience isn't supposed to allow for more vitae), can't regain it on their own, and has no hope of resisting Predatory Auras.
Also they have flashy Disciplines and Devotions and the Ghoul presumably doesn't.

Having high Physical traits means nothing.

>>50333070
You can raise Strength and Stamina to 10, if you get five dots each of Resilience and Vigor in 2e. Celerity just adds to Defense.

>>50333075
It says "the storyteller *may* require the character to lose any Wolf-Blooded Merits she has to reflect her disconnect from Father Wolf and Luna". That's not necessarily a requirement, and The Pack gives a few examples of non-Werewolves who nevertheless act in part of a Pack.
>>
>>50333087
So the ghoul in question has lots of physical disciplines and is (or was) bound to a few different vampires? Sounds risky.
>>
>>50333131
Wait, can't Ghouls raise the physicals on their own any more?
>>
>>50333153
They can raise those from their regnant's clan only without help, IRC.
>>
>>50333129
>The Pack gives a few examples of non-Werewolves who nevertheless act in part of a Pack.
has nothing to do with splats becoming ghouls, stop trying to drag people into arguments

>>50333131
i was just throwing it out there as a possibility
white rooming it ghouls have no reason not to get every discipline they can
in actual play a vampire would be stupid to let them and if a ghoul started getting uppity they'd kill/stop feeding and get a new one

>>50333153
yes
but you start with just a couple of your masters disciplines you would need to get blood from more moasters to get more disicplines
>>
>>50333178
>>50333153
They cap out at 5, but Resilience and Vigor give bonus dots as part of their static effect.

>>50333180
>has nothing to do with splats becoming ghouls
I'm just correcting Anon.

>white rooming it ghouls have no reason not to get every discipline they can
There are plenty of them they don't even benefit from.
>>
>>50333234
>They cap out at 5, but Resilience and Vigor give bonus dots as part of their static effect.
Yes, I know that.

I asked if they can no longer raise the Physical Disciplines on their own.
>>
>>50329356
That's the power of padded shoulders, anon.
>>
Has anyone run any Requiem game using the Requiem for Rome book? If so, how did it go?
>>
>>50333129
>having high physicals means nothing
Until they respond to your attempt to give them -2 dice on rolls unrelated to cutting you in half by cutting you in half with thirteen dice plus vigor.
>>
>>50332309
Anthony?
>>
>>50332309
>If a Coiterie manages to piss off every single Vampire institution in the city, as well as every Mortal one by committing massive property damage and killing Hundreds of people in an explosion that levelled a Skyscraper, how much skull-fucking is justified?

If they fucked up that badly, they're probably on *everyone's* kill-list just to keep them from screwing up the near-universal "we gotta hide from humans and not draw attention to ourselves" plan, and said coterie will probably end up as a universal foe that all the vampiric institutions will band together to destroy. Teach the coterie that actions have consequences by sending every single vampire in the city after them.

They either get the hell out of said city and leave all their belongings, vassals and resources behind to start anew somewhere else and only have to deal with the occasional assassin (or group of assassins) sent after them... or they stand their ground and fight EVERYONE ELSE.

If they *SOMEHOW* win, they're damn lucky, and it probably won'e be the end of their troubles. If they don't win, tell the players "that's what happens when you piss everyone off in a stupid manner".
>>
>>50332309
I'd say VALKYRIE rolling in and destroying every single vampire that doesn't have them in their pockets is justified.
>>
>>50332309
All of it. They're endangering the masquerade in a beyond the pale scope, so all the vampires will want them. They've killed a ton of people in the worst US terror attack in years, so the FBI and other intelligence agencies will be crawling all over. Other supernatural beings live in town and may give a shit that a place was just blown up, and fear for their own security. Hunters from TFV, werewolves, a vampire bloodhunt, mages, whatever the fuck is at hand.
>>
>>50332304
Attributes are a huge EXP sink. Blood Potency is a trap option. Even so, the Vampires probably have entire trees of disciplines purchased by now.
>>
>>50332309
>PC murderhohos 911ed
yeah pretty sure those players hate you
>>
>>50334747
basically this. They're going to attract immediate, overwhelming and massive attention, not just from the local supernaturals(assuming you're running crossover and assuming they have a vested interest in the town NOT having a spotlight shone on it) but also from pretty much every three letter organization.
>>
>>50335109
My PC murderhobos 9/11'd. But it was more of a result of not doing significant research rather than direct intent. They fucked up a piece of infrastructure that was shielded from outside detection via...basically not existing in its present location, by disabling it they disabled the "anchors" that kept it where it was, which happened to basically create a giant sink-hole under a sky scraper. It was sold as a "Terrorist attack" by the GMC friendly government and used to enact martial law for quite a while.
>>
>>50335324
>scripted event

Well Actually Anon. Sudden sink holes in the middle of cities is something that has happened

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Guatemala_City_sinkhole

If you don't want to lay it down as heavy, just have a few scientists come out and proclaim it to be a sink caused by earth movement and pollution of the local environment. Getting labeled as criminals is something that happens from time to time with players. getting labeled as terrorists is something you can't come back from. Otherwise it feels very much like the DM pulling a dick move. and you come off as THat GM

Supernatural evidence should still point to the active event, but normies should still have to jump through hopes. Labeling them as terrorists kills social interaction with normies
>>
I recall a google doc filled with creative thaumaturgy that /tg/ came up with. Does anyone have a link?
>>
>>50335584
They didn't exactly get caught. To their credit, they had basically been planning to interrupt the activation of this occult matrix for months and months. The only real wrench that got thrown in their plan is that a party member who was known to be part of it(as a sacrifice.) was taken before they could mount their assault, so they were short one person. But masks, heavy armor and weapons and a few dead guardians later, they managed to accomplish their goal, while only letting some of the other sacrifices die.(most of them.)
>>
>>50335726
They're still going to be enemy #1 for so many people, and a lot of powers don't give a shit about masks being worn at the site of the crime. Unless some Demons like their style and decide to help them out, those vampires are fucking dead.

On the other hand, congrats, you now have a potential hook in for a Demon/Vampire crossover in your city if an Agency decides to help them out.
>>
File: ctf.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ctf.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>50335726
terrorism is terrorism. bringing it in is a bad idea. lowball the setting event, otherwise the wider world looks less real, and they'll have more excuses to go even more and more gonzo. Just look at owod. gonzo and secrete conspiracies swallowed that setting. Plus lots of people dying in a very public manor is the quickest way to get the rep as a disaster magnets
>>
>>50335087
>Blood Potency is a trap option
Lol wut? It allows spending more vitae per turn, boosts physical dice pools in frenzy, improves most resistances when contesting enemy rolls and predatory aura
>>
Hi guys, I recently signed up for a Mage 20 game and I have never played any darkness game before

Do I have to read through the entire book to get the basic gameplay? And if not, where should I be looking?

I'm finding it really confusing so far, the character creation section does not list anything about how many points to spend on each attribute or anything else

The background isn't too necessary because the game just uses the system AFAIK
>>
>>50330400
kote20, changeling20, sorcerer20, hunters hunted 20, demon20

these would have been much better games than wraith20
>>
>>50332304
disciplines are unreasonably expensive for ghouls. so hes focusing on the stuff he can actually focus on.
>>
>>50337032
They aren't in 2e.
>>
>>50336915
>mage
>first darkness game

play it like Shadowrun, don't play it like dnd
>>
>>50337063
no? they are in v20 & revised. those are the only ones ive played.

are you simply giving out too much xp? you can get very lrge dice pools in wod games, given sufgicient xp
>>
>>50337121
I thought we were talking about Requiem 2e.
>>
>>50337065
Meaning some sort of row row fight da powah dealio?

The setting is ww2 (ish) if it helps, I wanna be a punch wizard
>>
>>50337163
oh, could be. original post
>>50332304 didnt give much hints
>>
>>50337192
Well, blood potency is from Requiem, which leaves only 1e and 2e as possibilities.
>>
A vampire who increases his speed by giving himself speed holes.
>>
>>50337223
oh, youre right. wasnt reading carefully enough
>>
I don't see why Force of Nature wouldn't allow a vampire to heal bashing and lethal wounds like a werewolf in garou.

It's basically a plot device tier power anyway.
>>
Aside from the V20 line and clan books what would you say are "must read" Masquerade book.
>>
>>50337409
cuz vampires need blod to heal
>>
>>50332521
>Sleepwalkers aren't the ghoul equivalent in Mage; Proximi are.
Wrong.
Mage 2e states Ghouls are to Sleepwalkers what Revnants are the Proximi.
>>
>>50336915
Your only limits on magic is your own paradigm basically. Remember that you're not playing to win, you're playing to be a zanny ass crazy wizard.
>>
>>50337867
>you're not playing to win

Maybe you're not
>>
>>50337624
That's really all you need.

VtMB is a must though.
>>
File: OrpheusRPG_cover.jpg (10KB, 200x260px)
OrpheusRPG_cover.jpg
10KB, 200x260px
>>50329547
Why bother with Wraith when the superior product is right there?
https://mega.nz/#F!u9UQjQwb!4HgecF6CpQTcgWQVLxi6RA
>>
>>50337867
>you're not playing to win
I thought that was the entire point of the Ascension War?
>>
>>50337848
Lie.
>>
>>50334431
'Fraid not
>>50334747
>>50334779
>>50335109
Had I read this at the time, you'd be chuffed to know that's exactly what happened.

Three of the six players made it out alive, two of them sold out the location of the other four and have been taken in and are being kept on a leash and a stern eye. One of them did a runner for it and got out of the city ASAP, the other three were dealt with by a coalition of every Kindred in the city co-operating with Ghouls and fringe Hunters who isolated the Coiterie's den in the middle of the day, and as soon as night fell some Hunters armed with Flamethrowers ran in and torched the place.
>>
>>50337911
In modern times the war is over. It's pretty much impossible for the world to be changed.
>>
>>50337409
Force of Nature?

>>50337848
No it doesn't. Ghoul shows up three times. Twice in a passage about Deep Information, once about what creatures might be effected by Tokyo's Beacon effect. The Sleepwalker section says "drinking a vampire's blood doesn't make you a sleepwalker" unless you actually develop powers from it (i.e. become a ghoul), but that's not saying that they hold the same function in society, or that their nature is mechanically comparable.
>>
>>50337908
I wish there was a CofD version of Orpheus. I like the setting but I'm not a fan of the rules.
>>
>>50338099
Okay, my bad.
It was said in a post on the development page by DaveB
>"The third section is about the Proximi; Awakening‘s equivalent not to ghouls (that’s Sleepwalkers) but to revenants. Proximi are Sleepwalkers (and may take Sleepwalker-only Merits) that are have Supernal powers, drawing from one of the five known Realms. Some Proximi are born spontaneously, but most come from long family lines of magical heritage called Dynasties, protected, nurtured, and employed by one of the Orders."
>>
>>50338133
I'm not sure I'd agree. There's not really that much of a comparison there. And certainly not mechanically.
>>
File: SpoonyJy.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SpoonyJy.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>50337995
not sure if first Anon

This Anon expanded the setting info
>>50335726
>>50335324
>>
>>50337624
>Aside from the V20 line and clan books what would you say are "must read" Masquerade book.

You don't really need much else, since V20 pretty much gives you everything you require to run a wide variety of games... but I also suggest giving "Time of Thin Blood" a read-through. Just ignore all the usual pre-V20 "WAAAAH, ALL IS SHIT, LET US WILLINGLY DIE IN PAIN AND MISERY AND SADNESS FOR THE APOCALYPSE IS COMING, WAAAAH!"-depression wankery, though.

The book gives advice and tips on including Thinbloods in your stories, and also tips and the systems on dhampir (half-human/half-vampires).

The "Inceptor" bits are particularly interesting, since inceptors are vampires that create new disciplines (or re-discover lost ones) and are really rare, yet the thin-blooded produce enough of them to warrant including one or two in a story.

I've run a story including only Thin-blooded players once, and it was pretty fun! You really notice that Thin-bloods are so much weaker than regular vamps, even early on in the game. Very "underdog" in tone and theme... but that just makes the scene of the underdogs winning all the more sweeter, when they *do* manage to pull stuff off.

But yeah, aside from that, just grab the V20 stuff. "Anarchs Unbound" and "Rites of the Blood" are among my favourites... I'd say that the best V20 book produced is "Hunters Hunted II" though.
>>
>>50338221
Sleepwalkers are the "retainer" part of the splat, and Proximi are the half-baked full-splat.

Fairly straightforward.
>>
>>50337908
>Why bother with Wraith when the superior product is right there?

W20 will also include Orpheus though.
>>
>>50338318
But Sleepwalkers don't have powers, and Revenants are more like Banishers if anything.
>>
>>50338104

There's a rough 1e conversion somewhere on the internet.
>>
>>50338104
What even *is* Orpheus?
From what little I know of it, it sounds like they'd be ghost focused Hunter Conspiracies.
>>
File: Library-Ghost-Ghostbusters-1984.jpg (104KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Library-Ghost-Ghostbusters-1984.jpg
104KB, 1400x700px
>>50338505
X-files+Sixth Sense
>>
>>50338317
>I'd say that the best V20 book produced is "Hunters Hunted II" though.

>the best book for Vampire is the book that's not about playing vampires

I mean Hunters Hunted II is great, you're not wrong there, but still...
>>
>>50338397
I'll look for it, thanks anon.
>>50338505
It's not a bad assumption to make.
>>
>>50338505
>What even *is* Orpheus?

It's a game that revolves mainly around humans (who have suffered near-death experiences) that have mastered the ability to project their astral forms into the spirit world, allowing them to interact with ghosts, both benign and malign.

One of the major draws of the game (at least for me) is that if your character gets killed, that's not necessarily the end, since they might still remain around to help their friends/colleagues as a ghost and take part in future stories that way.
>>
>>50338629
>I mean Hunters Hunted II is great, you're not wrong there, but still...

I didn't say it was the best book for vampires, though; I just said it was the best book of the lot in my opinion, and I meant that on account of its art, the systems, the story-hooks, the new ideas, the new lore, etc.

If you want to play a vampire in VtM, obviously the V20 Core Rulebook is the best read. If you want more vampire fluff and seeing things from the other side, how (mostly) regular humans see vampires, then HH2 is awesome in that regard, especially since it can help provide a lot of enemies for a coterie of vampires to face.
>>
>>50338689
That sounds like Geist is more of a spiritual successor to Orpheus than Wraith.

Just use Sin-eater rules minus the Manifestations and the Geist.
>>
>>50338689
My main draw is that it has a much easier to use and, tbqhwu fampai, cooler setting than Wraith.
The human-centric perspective is a good take too, no supernatural Draculas, awoos or eskimoes. Just humanity and what awaits it.

I also like the frontier vibe around the Orpheus corporation and the "deadnauts" it employs, to set foot where no (living) man has been before and explore the afterlife for philanthropic or commercial reasons.
>>
>>50335803
Oh aye, no shit. They've not had to deal with too many repercussions yet beyond the obvious. A rapid response team who're ready at a moments notice to deploy and hose down even the faintest silhouette of a terrorist. Heavy crackdowns by the police, numerous investigations into the event. It's only really due to their decently deep connections and careful planning that no one who matters knows they're responsible. Ultimately, their goals haven't changed. They're still largely concerned with self preservation and dealing with being Hunters, they've just got some complications to contend with.
>>
>>50338792

Not really. Geist has more in common with Mummy: The Resurrection if we're looking for an oWoD equivalent.
>>
>>50336915
Chargen SHOULD detail out how much you spend in each category. Thati s, 7 in primary; 5 in secondary; 3 in tertiary. You define one category as primary, one as secondary and the last as tertiary; then split those totals among the attributes in those categories. If you want to be punchy and smart, but not social you might go Physical/Social/Mental and you'd have 7 points to distribute among Strength/Dexterity/Stamina, for example.

>>50337899
VtMB is not a must. It has little to nothing to do with the tabletop game, to the point where the lore is about the only thing worthwhile, and even then you can find all of that from the books the dude already said he has read.
>>
File: Fish Malk.jpg (8KB, 213x236px)
Fish Malk.jpg
8KB, 213x236px
>>50339042
>VtMB is not a must. It has little to nothing to do with the tabletop game, to the point where the lore is about the only thing worthwhile, and even then you can find all of that from the books the dude already said he has read.

It *is* one of the best vampire games out there, though. It's particularly perfect for introducing people to the World of Darkness, even if it does have some cringeworthy moments for more experienced VtM fans, like the Player Malkavian who's a raging and unrepentant fish-malk unless you play him/her at lowest humanity.
>>
>>50339242
>unless you play him/her at lowest humanity.

Though, on second thought, even low-humanity Malks get to argue with a STOP sign and listen to bad fish-jokes from their TV...
>>
>>50339013
Tell me how. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just finding it hard to believe.

>>50339242
>Someone else thinks the Malk is dumb
[validation]
>>50339042
I would say that for all it's faults, Santa Monica and Downtown are the best application of Masquerade, for better or worse. It's a very dumb, corny game that, if you think about it, isn't really written well. The characters are cartoonish and often dumb, and if you tallied up the good scenes and the bad, the memorable scenes that everyone loves would probably make up a small part of it. It feels very much like the kind of video game made during that era. But it's also still the best possible application of the Masquerade setting.

It's sort of like how the Shadowrun Returns games are, to me, the best possible version of Shadowrun, which is a system and setting that I find really stupid.
>>
please make the Dark Eras Companion come out

it's all I ask, I am humble and don't need much

pls
>>
>>50339813
Never going to happen. OPP is too busy trying to make sure everything is a safe space to actually do any fucking work.
>>
>>50339934

This is a nonsensical complaint. Did you even read Dark Eras?
>>
>>50339757
In what ways would you call it dumb that aren't intended deliberately?
>>
>>50339813

I'd grant your wish but I'm still waiting for Wraith20 and the Deluxe Dark Eras and the Exalted Core Book from the kickstarter.
>>
>>50338368
>But Sleepwalkers don't have powers
There are various Sleepwalker merits which permit them to use Awakened items, take on the harm of Paradox and so forth.

They're more a part of the "supporting cast" than Vampire's "semi-disposable goons".
>>
>>50339757

It's not that outlandish of a comparison. A Mortal soul and an otherworldly force make a pact after death and the person comes back as a new soul with aspects of both parts. They then use their hefty power to navigate and protect their world. The specifics between Amenti and Bound are obviously different, but it's a more obvious influence in premise than the dark fantasy of Wraith or the procedural drama and extended narrative of Orpheus.

There's some of it in there, granted, but the closest thing a Bound could be to something in Wraith/Orpheus is a Risen, but that's still pretty loose.
>>
>>50339934
>People are socially progressive and that makes me angry, abloobloo

>>50340045
Just because something is intended to be dumb doesn't make it acceptable. I find a lot of the humour cringey (though some of the dialogue is also witty), and the setting itself feels like a GTA rip off, even if the gamelpay isn't. It feels like the kind of edgy thing that the game keeps making fun of.
Up until about Chinatown (or maybe Hollywood) the game is decent, and would be great if not for the tone (and shitty Source Engine). But there's just so much of it that playing as a 26 year old ̶S̶J̶W̶ felt really cringey in a very juvenile way. It earned an M rating for titties and grossness, but it feels like a game for teenagers.

>>50340198
Sleepwalkers (even without merits) often serve the same function in society as being helpers and assistants that ghouls do (since the actual semi-disposable goons of vampires are rarely ghouls), but in terms of mechanical function, it's much more reasonable to say that Proximi are their comparison.

Proximi get to have powers, even if they're usually servants and bodyguards.

>>50340208
In Mummy you've got a headbuddy? I didn't even know Mummies had to die, I assumed they were... you know, made. By being mummified.
>>
>>50340550
>In Mummy you've got a headbuddy?

I don't know about Resurrection, but you don't in Curse.
>>
>>50340550
I'm not quite seeing "cringy in a juvenile way." Except for that one political ad joke, which went on for a bit too long, and maybe one or two other radio jokes. Which really have very little to do with the game.

As for the tone... to me, truly, it feels a hell of a lot more fun than any of the setting books for Vampire, either Masquerade or Requiem. Just getting to go adventuring as a vampire is great.
>>
>>50340612
You do if you're a Deceived of course. A hostile god-shard that hates you and hates the Arisen more, but still a headbuddy.
>>
>>50340550
>I didn't even know Mummies had to die, I assumed they were... you know, made. By being mummified.

Generally most things don't survive mummification if you start it while they're alive.
>>
>>50340639
The game is *filled* with goth edgy references, and making fun of goths, especially in the computer files and posters and things like that. All of the commercials are dumb. Most of the dialogue with non-story characters is dumb. The weapon dealers are dumb (pawn shop guy, convenience store pothead, black guy out the back of a van, ridiculous Chinese military stereotype in an ancient chinese herbal store). Tourette. All of Tourette honestly feels very edgy and overdone. The Malkavian male dresses like Roosh V, a man who literally wrote the book on trying too hard. All of the prostitutes look like cartoon characters, and there's a good blog about the "hyperrealism" of VtMB that's probably the review of the game I've most agreed with.
https://quinnae.com/2011/09/02/im-being-so-sincere-right-now-gaming-as-hyperreality/
>All of this begins to dissolve into the usual narrative that can be reduced to the following equation: “There will be blood, there will be tits; therefore there is maturity and realism.”

I don't hate the game, but man do I hate a lot about it. It feels so overhyped.

I don't find most of the humour funny, the plot goes nowhere and the endings all feel rushed and nonsensical, and the game itself is a buggy mess that requires a fan patch. Yet for some reason it's held up with Fallout 1&2, Baldur's Gate, Arcanum, and Planescape as one of the best console RPGs ever. I haven't really played the others, save for a bit of Fallout, but if this is one of the best...
>>
>>50339813

I am thinking of reading it/buying it what historical setting it has for vampire?
>>
>>50341061
I'm very, very good at compartmentalizing different sections of game away from each other, so that the comic bits don't, for me, interfere with the tone of the serious bits. Which might be one reason why it's one of my favorite video games of all time. Though part of that is that I really like the Tremere.
>>
>>50341085

Vampire has one in Dark Eras (Elizabethan England, which I liked but admittedly didn't know enough about to properly admire) and another coming in the Dark Eras Companion (Black Death Europe, as a crossover with Promethean). It got some of the least content of all the gamelines, but what's there is good, and all of the other content is magnificent, especially for Mage (which was good enough to sell me on the line after a decade of disliking it).
>>
File: areyousure.jpg (111KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
areyousure.jpg
111KB, 400x400px
>>50341061
>console RPG
>console
>>
>>50341061
The game just has a lot of charm. I'm not entirely sure what exactly gives it said charm, but it just makes me like it far more than I have any right to.
>>
>>50341128
The Elizabethan one was one of my favorite settings in the book. Also most of the eras are usable for other splats, though obviously not providing the specific fluff and mechanical support you get in the second part of each chapter.

I was slightly disappointed we didn't get more vampire stuff in some eras though, which would have seemed ripe for crossover shit. The Three Kingdoms one for Geist for instance.
>>
>>50341061
Well thats just your opinion man. Why do you gotta rip this game apart just because someone mentions it?
>>
>>50340612

In Resurrection, Amenti are made when a Temakh is fused with a flawed Mortal soul. The pairing is carefully considered, because the Temakh will serve as the balancing agent to the Mortal's weaknesses. Once the pact is made, the dead body gets up and begins a journey to get tested in the afterlife. If the Temakh and the Soul can pass the tests, they get fused into a new soul, which has a mix of memories and identity of both beings.

Naturally, the angry headbuddies in BotD being named "Temakh" gives me dark chuckles. But anyways, this origin is most likely an early influence on the Bargain, though I do wonder if it's also a leftover of the original concept of Geist, where you didn't bond with a Ghost/Spirit thing, but an actual, not-GM related, Angel.
>>
>>50341425

I will say that the Elizabethan one was the best about nailing the history side of things without feeling too textbook-y, which some of the other Eras definitely did. Not that I mind that, but lots of folks do.

Hellenistic Mage and Aztec Demon were both standouts of the book to me. I'm obviously dying to see the new Mummy stuff in the Companion, as Ruins of Empire was already largely stuff I knew and that's before the backer controversy.
>>
>>50341446
>Why do you gotta rip this game apart just because someone mentions it?
he's not ripping it apart, he's telling you what other people have said about it
he's never played
>>
>>50341061
>making fun of goths
It's hard to not make fun of goths when they are joke. It would be similar problem with hipsters.
>Malkavian male dresses like Roosh V, a man who literally wrote the book on trying too hard
Because he is Malkavian, duh. They are supposed to be crazy.
>https://quinnae.com/2011/09/02/im-being-so-sincere-right-now-gaming-as-hyperreality/
Terrible article. The bitch who wrote it is completely off her rocker. She is fixated on spotting "misogyny" which consists of accurate portrayal of Ventrue bane according to VtM and few characters having a tits (not even counting the fact she must be half blind if she can't see difference in tits of Jeanette and the prostitute). Plus half of things she criticizes isn't even something from the game but what was said about it.

I similarly consider overhyped most of the games you mentioned - Fallout 2 (New Reno...), Baldur's Gate (not very good writing), Arcanum (combat), Planescape (most disappointing game I ever played - retarded interface, really "deep" stuff like "what can change the nature of a man?", Fall-from-Grace probably worst companion I have ever encountered, ... Best part of the game was setting itself).
>I haven't really played the others, save for a bit of Fallout, but if this is one of the best
See there is problem right here, you lack a frame of reference which you could use to actually evaluate quality of a game.
And none of those games was for consoles.
>>
>>50332521
>The director is the one who handles content.
So who should we be pissed at, and avoid further books by?
>>
>>50332603
>Resources doesn't measure pull, Status does.
No, that's Influence. Status is a measure of respect, not the ability to pull strings.
>>
>>50337848
>Mage 2e states Ghouls are to Sleepwalkers what Revnants are the Proximi.
That's also horseshit, though. Ghouls are humans with limited access to Disciplines and a minion relationship with Vampires. Proximi are humans with limited access to Supernal spells and a minion relationship with Mages.

Revenants are full-on Vampires with Blood Potency 0 and some extra drawbacks. Mage doesn't HAVE an analogue to these guys.

Sleepwalkers are just regular people who are capable of learning that Mages exist and not having their souls automatically break from seeing them use their powers. Vampire has these too, they're called "mortals".
>>
>>50340550
>>50341061
The thing is, oWoD WAS silly and juvenile during the brief self-aware periods where it realized how dumb it was. Dudes of Legend was making fun of a preexisting phenomenon wrt oWoD. VTMB was just more self-aware about how silly oWoD was and decided to include it.
>>
>>50341960
Influence isn't a merit outside of oWoD and Exalted, friendo.
>>
>>50342006
Sleepwalkers can also hold spells for the Awakened, use Artifacts, absorb Paradox, assist in Rituals, and surruptitously seem unimportant.
They're a lot more than just individuals who don't get fucked up by Magic.

Furthermore, Proximi are very similar to Revanants. They too don't have Gnosis, are limited in the powers, have extra drawbacks that get worse when Paradox hits (which they can't mitigate), and they're limited in how many spells they can learn.

They're half-baked Mages usually created by Archmasters.
>>
>>50341389
I meant computer.
>>50341101
I just get mood whiplash going from serious to super silly.
>>50341128
>Black Death Promethean
Awesome. Will we get a new Promethean Lineage?
>>50341446
Because this is the internet. And if you follow the conversation, I was *asked* what my problems were with it, after I agreed with someone else's opinion on the game.
>>50341535
I haven't?
http://i.imgur.com/fNyzBhY.png
Huh. Odd.
It's a shame this game came out before Achievements and Trophies. If you complete that slog of a third act without cheating (I certainly couldn't) you deserved some kind of reward.

>>50341504
Wait, there's Aztec Demon?
Tell me more. I don't remember that.

>>50341817
>Terrible article. The bitch who wrote it is completely off her rocker. She is fixated on spotting "misogyny"
Oh my God shut up. How can you be so unselfaware? You completely missed the fucking point and try to make excuses.
It would also be just as accurate if the Ventrue vomited when they drank the blood of anyone *but* the whores, by the way.

>>50341960
>Third, she has pull.

>>50342006
BP1

>>50342027
That's why I don't like it. I'd rather the tone of something like... well, anything else.Law & Order. Alan Wake. Murdered: Soul Suspect. Anything other than that GTA Lite shit.
>>
>>50342106
>It would also be just as accurate if the Ventrue vomited when they drank the blood of anyone *but* the whores, by the way.
And also the Homeless. The idea being that Ventrue cant digest blood of lower class citizens according to their autocratic bloodline.
Its not pleasant because the Ventrue are not pleasant. Also representing the Ventrue flaw accurately would be almost impossible. The same with the Toreador flaw.
>>
>>50342106

>Using Murdered: Soul Suspect as a mark of quality

Good lord.
>>
>>50342163
Fuck you, I liked it.

Also, I said tone, not quality. Strip out the shitty combat sequences and it feels like a World--well, Chronicles--of Darkness story.
>>
>>50342163

Murdered was fun as hell. The novelty of walking through walls justified the cost of entry.
>>
>>50342332
That took me a while to get used to. I kept trying to walk through buildings as normal. The way that some walls existed in Twilight was also neat, and a thing that I'd done in my own Geist game years before. I'm always predisposed to liking something when it has the same idea as me.
>>
Murdered had a few cool parts like walking through walls, but the combat/stealth and the main story was hot garbage.
Some of the side stories were neat I guess. Overall it was painfully average. I guess I feel that way about Soul Suspect as you did about Vampire Bloodlines.
>>
>>50342068
>Sleepwalkers can also hold spells for the Awakened, use Artifacts, absorb Paradox, assist in Rituals, and surruptitously seem unimportant.
The fact that Ghouls can use Disciplines but Sleepwalkers can't use Arcana is a much bigger difference.
>>
>>50341128
>all of the other content is magnificent, especially for Mage (which was good enough to sell me on the line after a decade of disliking it).
I feel like the chapter quality for Dark Eras varied massively.

The two Mage chapters were excellent, though, yes.
>>
>>50342728
Their role and dynamic with the full-template is more important than the miniature of their rules and capacity.

Ghouls play second fiddle to Vampires.
Sleepwalkers play second fiddle to Mages.

Revenants and Proximi are half-baked versions of the full template who would generally operate on their own.
>>
>>50342785
>Proximi are half-baked versions of the full template who would generally operate on their own.
I strongly disagree with both parts of this claim.

The Orders maintain full-on Proximus Dynasties, for one (and Vampires do the same thing with Ghouls).

Sleepwalkers are MORE likely to have nothing to do with Mages, because any mortal with any type of superpower is a Sleepwalker, whether it has anything to do with the Supernal or not. A Medium who can speak to the dead is just as likely to be involved with a Sin-Eater as a Moros, but she's still a Sleepwalker.

Proximi are heavily associated with the Supernal in particular and are commonly used as lackeys by both the Diamond and the Seers (and quite possibly also the Free Council, although they're likely to at least give them basic respect as pseudo-equals before requesting they do stuff, because the FC is massively egalitarian).
>>
>>50342709
The main story wasn't bad, it just wasn't great. I'm not saying VtMB2 should be like that. I'm just saying THAT TONE is what I'd prefer out of a Chronicles of Darkness game. Alan Wake is another similar game. Or even Silent Hill, but with more talking.
>>
>>50342739

There were only a few true duds, I loved the book overall. Just wish all the chapters I was excited for hand't wound up in the Companion.
>>
>>50342859
You redeemed yourself with Alan Wake and Silent Hill.
>>
File: 29056_V09CQPYKma_wod_s14.jpg (192KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
29056_V09CQPYKma_wod_s14.jpg
192KB, 1600x900px
>>50342881
Like I said, we're just talking tone here. Murdered isn't exactly super serious, the way that Silent Hill is.
I mean, I also listed Law & Order.

I just have other places to go if I want silly self-aware edgy parody humour completely *filling* the game.
>>
Oh hey, Mummy Novel title got confirmed: "Dawn of Heresies".

Which means it's probably a Heretic novel. Sure, fine, whatever.
>>
How CofDy is Vampire Diaries?

What are some good CofD feeling shows out there?
>>
>>50343168
>more Heretic material

pls no
>>
>>50342859
>I'm just saying THAT TONE is what I'd prefer out of a Chronicles of Darkness game

With Dracula at the wheel we wont get that, we would get Bloodline edginess on steroids.
>>
>>50343603
An enby can dream, can't they?
>>
Trying to think of a vampire bloodline that is rotting from the inside out so there constantly breathing a disgusting green mist.

Thoughts?
>>
>>50343639
Why?

What theme do they bring to the table? What aspect of the setting do they explore?
>>
>>50343586

But you love Mummy Jesus! Everyone loves Mummy Jesus!
>>
>>50343639
Just roll up a Samedi and call it a day.
>>
>>50343731
When Mummy Jesus isn't in the room you should be asking where Mummy Jesus is?
>>
>>50343368
I'd go more with the spinoff The Originals as a more CoD/WoD-style.
I also got a good feel for it from American Horror Story (natch), but also Bitten (which is about werewolves and werewolf politics). Forever Knight of course. Moonlight wasn't bad.
>>
>>50336965
>kote20
You will never, ever see that. Note how the only discussions on the OPP forums are about how it's "problematic".
>>
>>50343731
>Mummy Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE
>>
>>50343886
Which is goddamn frustrating because bits of V20 still fucking reference KotE.
>>
>>50343902
What the fuck are we watching here?
>>
>>50343979

Mormon Jesus, clearly.
>>
>>50343953
>>50343886

I stand by the Kuei-Jin as being one minor makeover away from being an awesome standalone kung fu game or an addition to, say, Feng Shui 2. As for an X20 Edition, I think one of the writers mentioned wanting to do a book on the Cainites of Asia rather than touching on our favorite weaboo Risen.
>>
>>50343886
Note how WW has the KotE image on their site (or one of their promo videos) and has already stated that the OWoD licenses will be pulled from OPP once they start publishing. They have plans for KotE, if not a 20th anniversary.
>>
>>50343886
>Abloobloo, progressives, abloobloo

>>50343783
Never heard of Bitten, though I did like what I saw of Teen Wolf. I'm mostly just looking at a shush.se and seeing what they have.
>>
>>50344024
Bitten's based on a series of books called Women of the Otherworld. It's not the best show but it's got an interesting werewolf 'pack dynamic' and the concept of 'mutts' or werewolves without packs.

Lost Girl is also pretty good.
>>
>>50343368
Forever Knight
lots of small time supernatural 80s shows
>>
>>50343773
It could be a (possibly hereditary) flaw for anyone really.
In fact there are already flaws for rotting inside and foul smell, you could just combine them.
>>
>>50341061
Practically all your complaints boil down to you being unable to enjoy or even understand Bush-era humor because the stick up your ass is so thick and gnarly that you unironically read feminist critics of videogames for fun.
>>
>>50344161
oh

shiiiiiiit
>>
>>50344161
A minuscule amount of my complaints are even feminism related, though "this game doesn't justify it's mature rating other than tits and violence" is a pretty viable complaint.
The mechanics are also fucking garbage, it's a buggy mess, the story is bullshit, and everything after Downtown could be thrown out and the game would be better for it.

I don't enjoy "Bush-era humour" because I'm not a 14 year old in 2004.
>>
>>50344161
>Bush-era
Or is it more a Clinton-era game in spirit? It has that late 90s fin-de-siecle feel. Well, I guess that's what gothic punk boils down to.
>>
>>50342048
I think we might need to put which game we're talking about as the first line of our posts from here on, this shit is getting too confusing...
>>
>>50344216
>A minuscule amount of my complaints are even feminism related
I don't give a fuck. I'm saying I wasn't surprised to note that someone who reads feminist critiques of videogames is unable to enjoy "dumb" humor. How do you even survive on 4chan?
>>
>>50344216
>"this game doesn't justify it's mature rating other than tits and violence"
What's the problem with that? There's thousands of games that get a mature rating for tits and violence. Is it some sort of crime?
>>
>>50344252
I THINK that was supposed to be a joke, though it does seem pretty weird to pick on VTM:B instead of almost any other M-rated product.
>>
>>50344245
How do you?

>>50344252
>>50344268
My point was that I'd prefer it, you know, wasn't immature.
I'm not picking on VtMB. It came up and I ended up having to defend why I didn't really like most of it.
>>
>>50344312
>All games rated M have to be mature, adult, serious, and deep
Are you taking the piss?
>>
>>50344342
Are you being intentionally obtuse?
>>
>>50344312
It's not even immature, it's all caricature. it's about as immature as Voltaire, another author that your ilk is unable to appreciate. You probably think Candide is dumb.
>>
>>50344346
Answering a question with another question is poor form
>>
>>50344365
I'll take what is answering the question for 500
>>
>>50343694
If it's VtM, the same shit as all the others.
>>
>>50344365
No, I don't think that all mature games should be mature, although, really, if you're going for that rating...
I think that this game in particular would have been better if it wasn't so dumb.

>>50344362
>It's not even immature, it's all caricature.
Those aren't mutually exclusive. It's incredibly immature.

>>50344387
Masquerade doesn't have Bloodlines like that. Requiem does, but generally you should focus on more than just "here's a wacky idea for a bloodline".
I mean, it's what I did with mine, which was literally just some joke someone made, but that's generally not what you should do. If you do start with that, you should go further and flesh it out.
>>
To get the subject back on track, what would you hypothetically like to see in a Dark Ages videogame?
>>
>>50344401
Doesn't that already exist?
https://youtu.be/XaNPgG_VMgg
>>
>>50344342
It's Aspel. He's always completely serious and very autistic.
>>
>>50344024
>Abloobloo, progressives, abloobloo

Crying about moderately inaccurate and exaggerated cultural depictions isn't being progressive.
>>
>>50344401

Something over in Outremer, dealing with the fallout of mortal holy war and the chaos that brings to the courts of the undead.
>>
>>50342146
>Also representing the Ventrue flaw accurately would be almost impossible.

It really wouldn't. You just have an extra screen with checkboxes where the player chooses a single characteristic that defines the Ventrue's particular taste (blonde, brunette, redhead, men, women, prostitutes, goths, etc....) and is in line with a portion of the game's randomly generated NPC's. It may mean travelling out of area to "refuel" but whatever, if you're going to be a picky cunt you'll get what you're given in life.
>>
>>50344431
>moderately inaccurate
>exaggerated
Man...

>>50344445
Or it could be randomized.
Frankly, he's not wrong, it's an accurate representation of the flaw. But he missed the part where she said it would be fine if it was presented *in the game* as being solely in the Ventrue's head, as opposed to simply "ew, whores and poors".

At least it's not "can only feed from rape victims"...
>>
>>50344445
>programming
>not enough in the budget
>not even finished with histories extra
yeah No, not possible without a miracle
>>
>>50344419
Was that everything you wanted?

>>50344439
You've reminded me that I still never got around to seriously reading the books dealing with the Ashirra. Hell, I barely remember reading about anything outside of Eastern Europe.
>>
>>50344465
>At least it's not

but that was the darkest most perfect flaw for Venture Jan Pieterzoon. It was like the biggest fuckyou to the romantic vampire crowd
>>
>>50344494

That's partly because Transylvania By Night was an insanely good book, but honestly all of the Dark Ages stuff is. I don't really care for oWoD outside of Wraith anymore, but I consider Dark Ages its own thing and honestly an amazing cluster of games.

The Ashirra largely wound up subsumed into the Camarilla, which is a little bland, but the vampires of the Middle East had a really cool thing going. I really like that they kept the Salubri a lot longer and were more focused on a shadow war against the Baali than stupid politicking.
>>
>>50343368
There was a UK series called "Ultraviolet" that dealt with a secret government unit who hunted "Code V's", using science to combat something that clearly broke the laws of physics. Fucking brilliant, utterly underrated and well worth watching.
>>
>>50344516

And then they put him in an erotic vampire romance book anyways.
>>
Also, let's go back to this review for a second
https://quinnae.com/2011/09/02/im-being-so-sincere-right-now-gaming-as-hyperreality/
This is barely even talking about the humour. It's talking about how people treat it as if it IS mature and dark and "realistic", simply because it has tits and violence. Reviews of VtMB treat the game as if it's a masterpiece of storytelling. It's not. It has it's moments, but it's not really mature. It just has a Mature rating.

>>50344516
It's dumb and edgy. "I have to rape women but I'm a good person so I mindwipe them afterwards"

>>50344535
I actually liked the Mila Jovavich movie of the same name
>>
>>50344431
This. Frankly if OPP was willing to put out Werewolf 20th there shouldn't be anything stopping them from putting out KotE 20th.
>>
>>50344002
>has already stated that the OWoD licenses will be pulled from OPP once they start publishing.

I need you to cite a source on that claim before I stage a meltdown and derail the thread.

How will this affect POD titles from Drivethrurpg?
>>
>>50344024
Man, you sure are defensive. You always get this triggered when you step out of the tumblrspace?
>>
>>50344567
Please stop pimping that horrendous blog. It's not gonna happen.
>>
>>50344596
It's more "people are complaining about it without actually having read/understood it", which should come as no surprise from this thread.

>>50344576
I've heard nothing of the sort, so I assume he's an idiot.
They've said that OPP is going to continue to be allowed to publish the 20th Anniversary Editions. Not to say OPP isn't preparing for the day White Wolf decides to go with someone else.
>>
Is there a WoD core rulebook without setting? No vampire, mage or werewolf stuff as a kind of universal game?
>>
File: 14074-vladimir-lenin-quotes.jpg (34KB, 526x311px) Image search: [Google]
14074-vladimir-lenin-quotes.jpg
34KB, 526x311px
>Reading modern left wing blogs
Lenin would be fucking furious
>>
>>50344567
>It's dumb and edgy
and a perfect response to the vampire romantic genera. A dig at the whole girls want bad boy vampire fab. He doesn't do the mindwipe for them, but for himself. It's his shame and his pragmatism, he doesn't want to get caught. Thinking of him as good person is the first mistake. He was and has always been a monster. He's not a Hero he's just the protag in a story full of monsters

But what do I know? Just a reflection of the bullshit we see the rich get away with. In the words of our great presidents "Grab them by the Pussy"
>>
>>50344640
Tell me the deep and satirical reason for that story with the shota and the priest.
>>
File: 8dc.jpg (30KB, 394x395px)
8dc.jpg
30KB, 394x395px
>>50344640
>"Grab them by the Pussy"
>>
>>50344628
No. The closest you get to that in OWoD is Vampire. It's the original line from which all others sprung.
>>
>>50344465
>she said it would be fine if it was presented *in the game* as being solely in the Ventrue's head, as opposed to simply "ew, whores and poors".

Obviously that stupid bitch missed the memo on how the vampires are CURSED. It's not in a Ventrue's head, it's not a statement on the self worth of the sex industry, it's just the short end of the stick Ventrue get. I note she didn't make a fuss about the Nosferatu getting ugly as sin (it would be fine if passersby reassured the Nossies that they are beautiful on the inside), or the Brujah being more likely to lose their shit and shred innocent civilians (how discriminatory towards individuals struggling with anger management issues!)
>>
>>50344478
Pls remember that we're talking about a game that is still being modded, tinkered with and updated by a large community over a decade later.
>>
>>50344628
For nWoD/CofD, the core book is that.
>>
>>50344647
The church taking able bodies out of the gene pool and allocating manpower into maintaining its stolen crumbling infrastructure. and all that for the benefit of fragile old men continents away
>>
>>50344673
Make a mod, not a post on a site. Do the work or stop talking about it
>>
>>50344628

The nWoD/CofD corebook is all about playing mortal investigators who deal with vague spookiness, usually ghosts.
>>
>>50344647
I always saw that story as a commentary on the all too common practice of taboo sexual themes being used to titillate. You know, since that story is literally the most unsexy thing in the world.
>>
>>50344680
I'm talking about the one in the Dirty Secrets book. I think it's a shota vampire raping a priest, and something about cockroaches. Too gross for me.
>>50344696
Isn't that most of the WoD sex? I don't think it's intentional.
>Full ass raping stiffness
>>
>>50344567
>It's talking about how people treat it as if it IS mature and dark and "realistic", simply because it has tits and violence.

The mere fact that you think a game featuring the blatant assault on unsuspecting individuals for their blood, which is then drunk to sustain a cursed undead state, doesn't classify as "mature and dark" has me seriously worried about you being around children.
>>
>>50344704

The story you're thinking of is from Clanbook: Baali.
>>
>>50344647
Baali are monsters, most vampires seduce their victims, also child-molesting priest getting the tables turned on him is an amusing revenge fantasy. Wouldn't have been particularly creepy if it wasn't for the bugs.

>shota
A teenager around 14 years old, meaning an adult in medieval terms. Not to mention the whole "immortal eternally young bloodsucking abomination" angle.
That Samedi in Red List who acted out Hard Candy IRL was way more tasteless.
>>
>>50344707
Are you being intentionally obtuse?
>>
>>50344704
Not Dirty Secrets. It's Clanbook Baali.

And it's the priest that does the raping. At least until the bugs start crawling into his urethra, then it becomes a more mutual thing.
>>
>>50344612
hey, I read it, I just don't think any of it was a valid complaint except for the part where she pointed out the ridiculous "surprise, I have a dick" trope in the brothel of that appallingly shitty Dragon Age game. Her complaints about Jeanette smack of body-shaming and jealousy. Jeanette didn't dress the way she did exclusively to appeal to, and titillate, random men; she dressed that way because sex was a tool she used to get what she wanted. Hell, she tries to blatantly use her wiles to manipulate the PC the moment you meet her. Most of her other complaints were based off what *other people* had said about the game. I doubt she even bothered to play five minutes of it.
>>
>>50344727
I'll take what is answering the question for 1000
>>
>>50344628
If you just want to play mortals you can use something like Ghouls and just ignore their supernatural aspect. Or Mage without magic I suppose.
>>
>>50344665
This. Get V20 and Hunters Hunted II and don't take any Numina.
>>
>>50344690
Wow, you sure are salty. What is it about people having a discussion that triggers you so much? Maybe 4chan isn't your speed, anon. Go to 420chan and ask them what "hiffwe" means. Thank me later.
>>
>>50344727
Don't blame me for your total lack of communication skills, Aspel, or the fact that you can't see the forest for the trees.
>>
>>50344783
Well Anon when you move out of the basement and get a job, you'll start to understand budgetary limitations
>>
>>50344790
I wasn't aware a nebulous crowd of amateur programmers working in their spare time - for free - on a game from a company that dissolved were subject to a budget of either money or work hours, Anon. Enlighten me further.

Also, pass the salt, dear.
>>
>>50344783
>Short for Hawaii International Film Festival Welcome Event, Hiffwe is an in-joke from popular imageboard 420chan detailing how the site admin got arrested for assaulting Neveen Andrews (Sayid from Lost), and was subsequently raped in his cell.

>"Back in 2005 Kirt (420chan's admin) went to Hawaii just to chill because fuck yeah its Hawaii. Anyways during that October we were trying to have an adventure and we decided to sneak into this massive event.
>We had no idea it was a film festival with lots and lots of big stars, everything was going fine, we were blending in but suddenly for no apparent reason Kirt shoves a random guy, it turns out it was Naveen Andrews, the guy fell to the floor and landed on (his) face. His bodyguards went utterly insane and that's when all hell broke loose.
>We were beat to the core by those assholes and the guy even pressed charges against Kirt. The police came in, it was a huge scandal... we spend the night in jail and that's when in (sic) happened, the horror... the guy in charge thought it was a good idea to let us share the cell with this rapist... I don't want to go on, you guys can imagine what happened. Kirt and I broke up after that and we never spoke about the subject, no one was supposed to know."
Well.

>>50344788
If you think that simply *having* certain elements makes a story "adult" or "mature", even if it treats them with a certain childishness, that's not my problem.

>>50344811
He's saying that unless you want to make the mod, you shouldn't just randomly say "someone could do it", because it adds nothing to the conversation, especially when the conversation was about the original developers.
You also seem saltier.
>>
>>50344517
>I don't really care for oWoD outside of Wraith anymore, but I consider Dark Ages its own thing and honestly an amazing cluster of games.
I really get that. I don't know if it's because they came out much later than the main games or the teams were just particularly good around that time or what.
>>
>>50344811
Then get them to do your work for you Anon, Your theory crafting is bullshit if you're not going to actually do the work to make it a reality
>>
>>50344824

I think it's that the Gothic horror feels a little trite against a modern backdrop, the idea that there are sinful horrors out there really loses a lot of its teeth when the tone is this weird punk feel and there's problems out there bigger and more frightening than vampires. The Caine myth in particular seems like it's a little out of left field.

But you transpose that into a candelit world of faith and death, where the night is truly fearful and God is all many people have? It just fits, it works on every level and feels awesome. It doesn't hurt that getting rid of the Sects is a brilliant move.
>>
>>50344820
>>50344826

I'll have what is a hypothetical mod, for 1000, please.
>>
>>50344820
>If you think that simply *having* certain elements makes a story "adult" or "mature", even if it treats them with a certain childishness, that's not my problem.

Never, ever apply for a job in any government censorship bureau. You don't seem to have a very good grasp on what "mature content" means. It doesn't mean it is immune from sniggers coming from teenagers, it means it isn't suitable for children.

>talks about "seeming" saltier

Salt shaker, please.
>>
>>50344820
>the conversation was about the original developers.

Please publish your imaginary rules on conversation etiquette, anon. We could all use a good laug- I mean, we're all very curious.
>>
>>50344841
The tribalist attitudes of the clans makes a lot more sense in a premodern context as well, especially since they were largely tied to some cultures and geographical areas back then.

Another thing I liked is that being an undead monster is actually challenging in a small settlement where you can get lynched just for looking suspicious, while in New York you mostly need to avoid murdering people in front of cameras.
>>
>>50344874
>: having or showing the mental and emotional qualities of an adult
This is the definition of "Mature" that I'm using. Not the specific rating. I am, in fact, remarking that the rating's name is misleading. Again, your inability to grasp this is not my failing, it is yours.
>>50344893
Your inability to follow the flow of a conversation is also your own failing.
>>
>>50344820
>You also seem saltier
Weren't you the one crying about Bloodlines not being socially progressive enough, Aspel?
>>
>>50344895

I think one of the main failings of VtM when compared to VtR is that the two factions are kill-on-sight with each other, whereas the Covenants can debate their ideals and argue without immediately murdering each other. And Dark Ages actually lets all the clans be on the table as player options, whereas modern nights gates off the majority of them.
>>
>>50344899
>This is the definition of "Mature" that I'm using.

I can follow that just fine. What you seem to be not following is that you're conflating your personal definition of "mature" with a content description made to advise parents.
>Your inability to follow the flow of a conversation is also your own failing
No, you're just too stupid to grasp my answers, and keep insisting that your personal viewpoints and definitions should stand for the entire planet. Have you considered getting therapy? Narcissistic Personality Disorder can be treated, and you could go on to lead a relatively normal life.
>>
File: Hunter The Vigil.jpg (225KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter The Vigil.jpg
225KB, 900x1350px
>>50344907
No, I was complaining about Bloodlines being childish, and also like five other problems. I'm sorry that someone criticized a thing you like.

>>50344920
>>50344895
>>50344841
I just want, like... Dark Ages, but in Requiem, and also with fantasy instead of Historical because I don't want to be constrained to historical accuracy.

Actually I just wanna play a Bloodborne/Innistrad/Van Helsing inspired Vigil game.
>>
File: WITT.jpg (39KB, 482x698px)
WITT.jpg
39KB, 482x698px
Christ what's with this intentional trying to fag over one poster's shit? Feels way too forced, over one message. must be a slow day fa/tg/uy/ or not this is gay and dumb
>>
>>50344945

Some of us happen to be sluts for history. I can't drown into crusade-related esoterica if we're in Bloodborne land!
>>
>>50344945
>I was complaining about Bloodlines being childish
How many children do you know dropping F-bombs and drinking human blood, Aspel? Not everyone had your childhood.

I especially like how you see yourself as a champion of leftist causes after a few years of blatant homophobia and trans-directed hatred. No passion (or hypocrisy) like a convert, I suppose.
>>
>>50344920
>I think one of the main failings of VtM when compared to VtR is that the two factions are kill-on-sight with each other

Well, kill-on-sight-unless-you've-totally-got-some-shady-deals-going-on-or-unless-you're-both-Nossies, but yeah.

I'm still really looking forward to V20 DA Companion, and I say that as one who mostly prefers modern-era VTM.
>>
>>50344955
Aspel. Whaddya expect?
>>
File: aspel.png (267KB, 621x456px) Image search: [Google]
aspel.png
267KB, 621x456px
>>50344989
>Aspel
>>
>>50344976
The reason I keep asking if you're being intentionally obtuse is because you seem like you're being intentionally obtuse. Again, when I say "childish", I do not mean "acceptable for children" (although, yes, most people under the age of 17 *do* swear, it turns out), I mean that it's immature and childish. It's like something for 14 year olds.
I was also never a homophobe and even back ten years ago I was arguing with idiots on /tg/ for saying gender identity disorder wasn't real.

>>50344989
The thread not to be stupid, but that's always too much to ask.
>>
>>50345012
I'm sick of listening to you justify your left-wing SJW butthurt about a game that's over a decade old. Let it go, move on.
>>
>>50344989
>>50345002
well when yall are done with gayass forced meme, can we talk about vampires knights having to stop at ferry docks to pay trolls in blowjobs to get around their can't pass running waters curse?
>>
>>50345012
>Again, when I say "childish", I do not mean "acceptable for children"

Of course, your personal definitions are totally what censorship boards go by for labelling game content. Not self-obsessed, narcissistic or self-congratulatory at all, no sir.
>>
>>50345097
>Aspel's magical realm
we have a pastebin for that, anon
>>
>>50345012
>The thread not to be stupid, but that's always too much to ask.
As always, Aspel, you are quite welcome to fuck off and never return.
>>
>>50345088
>>50345126
>>50345190
We get it, when games say bad words or have boobies, it makes you feel like a big boy.
>>
>>50345264
>being this salty
Why are you so upset about having your hypocritical nature and self-deception pointed out, while you expect us to join in as you point the finger at media from 10-20 years ago? Or are you magically immune from criticism because you choose to wear a dress?
>>
>>50345325
Why do you choose to use Anonymous as an excuse to attack strangers and escape having to back up your position with creditable arguments?
>>
I'm new to the general
Someone please educate me on what Aspel is
>>
>>50345350
Why do you? Everytime someone points out how ridiculous your statements are, you hide behind personal definitions of words and moving goal posts. You use Anonymous as a shield to hide your abhorrent personality and the fact that everyone on this board hates you and everything your pastebin shows you stand for. We haven't forgotten about you boasting you would avoid tripcodes to prevent us from ignoring your asinine bullshit. Your inability to find meaning in my arguments only speaks volumes about your cognitive problems... as well as your selective vision when it comes to people illustrating your ample stupidity.
>>
>>50345373
>what
Aspel is a poster that chooses semi-anonymity. He freely identifies himself as Aspel, yet refuses a tripcode so that he cannot be ignored. He is an unabashed hard-left caricature of a SJW who comes to the thread to bash everything about the White Wolf IP's that he finds to be less than progressive than what he considers himself to be. He regularly demands that the OP include a link to a pastebin, ostensibly because it contains logs of CoD games, that is actually wall to wall "magical realm" on subjects including bestiality, pederasty, furry fandom and trans-fetishism. He seems to think that he can be a homophobic prick for a few years and then suddenly wear a dress and be a darling of progressive ideology, without ever apologising or making up for his past transgressions. Every time he is cornered on his ridiculous assertions and baseless SJW fantasies, he hides behind semantics, personal definitions, bad faith debate tactics, answering questions with questions and pretending he was misunderstood.

He can usually be spotted quite easily, as he feels the need to reply to six or more posts at once.
>>
>>50345460
Huh

So, does he work for CoD's writing team, or... He's just some guy/girl/whatever?
>>
>>50345460
Wait, was it Aspel a few threads back trying to tell me that the CCCP wasn't left-wing?

Jesus, that explains everything.
>>
>>50345476
He doesn't have any creative control over the games, no, that seems to be the brunt of his frustrations. He's also outraged that we don't share his views, despite the fact that this chan is supposed to be a "broad church" of viewpoints. He usually just argues until he gets bored, or the thread auto-sages.
>girl/guy
I think he was born a man, chooses to identify as a woman but doesn't have the stones to get re-assignment surgery. Being trans is a lot harder when you don't just get to play one on the internet.
>>
>>50344763
K
>>
>>50345534
So he's not affiliated with the games at all? Weird, I got the impression he was, at least on some scale or another. In the very least it seems like he's been known for however many years, at least from the "homophobic" thing.

At least all of the arguments makes for hilarious reading while I'm at work.
>>
>>50345570

I think being a regular here convinces people that you're a dev or something. Folks ask me for product status updates every couple of threads.
>>
>>50345592
I thought you were a dev as well
>>
>>50345598

I wish! Here's hoping they hire me to write an inconsequential setting on Mummy 2e or something.
>>
>>50345609
They'll probably do that around the same time they hire me to write an in-depth Cyberpunk sourcebook for OWoD.
>>
>>50342106
If you complete that slog of a third act without cheating (I certainly couldn't) you deserved some kind of reward.
lmao
>Oh my God shut up. How can you be so unselfaware? You completely missed the fucking point and try to make excuses.
Really? Then why don't you try to enlighten me?
>It would also be just as accurate if the Ventrue vomited when they drank the blood of anyone *but* the whores, by the way.
It wouldn't be feasible from game play view, because there would have to be way more whores everywhere to provide player enough sources of vitae.

>>50344445
>It really wouldn't. You just have an extra screen with checkboxes where the player chooses a single characteristic that defines the Ventrue's particular taste (blonde, brunette, redhead, men, women, prostitutes, goths, etc....) and is in line with a portion of the game's randomly generated NPC's. It may mean travelling out of area to "refuel" but whatever, if you're going to be a picky cunt you'll get what you're given in life.
Same as above, plus most of options wouldn't work in missions, and of course the little detail that the game is 12 years old. That isn't pen'n'paper where you can have suitable vessel everywhere.
>>
As a leftist who's more sympathetic to the SJW cause than not, I'm glad I didn't miss the entirety of the Bloodlines discussion!

Personally, I really like the game. The sex worker thing is, on the one hand, a bit shady... but we actually do meet a humanized one as part of the plaguebearer plot (granted, all she does is die, but she's sympathetic and well-acted), so that helps. I do agree that the "different blood qualities for different people" element is completely stupid and wasn't even in the tabletop game; that, they could have left out. But the fact that some of the game's fan community is pretty deplorable doesn't mean that the game itself is, and while it may be silly and campy at times, to me, it makes the serious/creepy parts stand out more.
>>
>>50345410
>anyone knows anyone on the 4chan
>>
>>50346385
>different blood qualities for different people" element
It was but didn't have mechanical component. it was all fluff
>>
>>50345460
>the average tg/ user
>eye roll

that pastebin sounds like bullshit
>>
>>50346217
>there would have to be way more whores everywhere
but Anon there are whores everywhere
>>
>>50346385
>the "different blood qualities for different people" element is completely stupid and wasn't even in the tabletop game

Actually it was, but it left the implementation of it up to the individual Storyteller and provided no actual rules for it besides a vague "some humans have more or less blood points than average".

The *AVERAGE* person has 10 bloodpoints worth of blood in their body. Some humans might have 11, 12 or even more points worth of bloodpoints in their body. Some have less than 10, but the *VOLUME* of actual blood is the same, provided they aren't bleeding out from wounds or something.

It's the same concept that makes a cow only have five blood points on average, despite each cow having much larger quantities of actual blood in their body when compared to humans, and why a werewolf has 20 blood points even while still retaining more or less the same volume of blood as a human being. It's the potency and quality that matters, not the quantity.

Well-bred and well-fed humans with no sicknesses or diseases are, besides just the taste (which is of course going to be better than a homeless walking bag of disease, you'd be stupid to think otherwise), more "filling" to a vampire.
>>
>>50346217
So code a few blood bags about the place. Add a few fridges if you have to. There are plenty of empty containers and assets that could become containers. And yes, the game is 12 years old, but people are *still* creating mods.

As for feasibility, just how many blood sources exist in the base game for the Ventrue? Compared to the number of streetwalkers? All I remember is a snooty cunt outside the art gallery, blood bags and a single woman inside each nightclub being viable options.
>>
>>50346470
>individuals have individual ways of responding
>Aspel always posts the same shit
>Aspel is easily baited into admitting he is Aspel

Try and keep up, kid.
>>
>>50346589
>Well-bred and well-fed humans with no sicknesses or diseases are, besides just the taste (which is of course going to be better than a homeless walking bag of disease, you'd be stupid to think otherwise)

I've drunk a lot of blood in my time, mostly for sexual purposes but also because it gets me high, and I can safely say you can taste all sorts of shit in a person's blood. Women taste slightly sweet, men slightly salty. Traces of their last meal. Sick people taste funky. The worst of all are cigarette smokers, it tastes like someone dropped a fucking cigarette butt in your drink. Some people have thinner blood than others, more watered down. The best shit I ever had was B+ - that was some rich coppery shit, man, I still get shivers.

/d/ out.
>>
>>50346601
>single woman inside each nightclub

The Asylum in Santa Monica has two, just for the record.

As for viable meatbags that you can drink blood from, in Downtown the Empire Hotel has a lot of high-class humans as well, many of which walk alone to the bathrooms, making them perfect targets for a Ventrue in VtMB.

It's basically a smorgasbord designed for Ventrue (and other vamps that don't suffer the Ventrue's limitations, of course) so that they have an easy feeding ground, mechanically speaking.
>>
>>50345410
>unironically complaining about using Anonymous as a shield
I have no real love for Ed, but that's pretty ironic on 4chan.
>>
>>50346640
What about in missions? Can you diablerise other vampires, or are you out of luck there?
>>
>>50346651
>What about in missions? Can you diablerise other vampires, or are you out of luck there?

Unless you mod the game, diablerie is not an option, no. Since Ventrue can't feed on rats (which are the most common source of blood in the pure combat areas in the game), any Ventrue would be smart to pick up a few extra bloodbags when going on missions, just in case.

That said, Ventrue tend to earn more money (and skip spending money) than most other vamps in a playthrough thanks to Dominate and high levels of persuasion on average.
>>
>>50346639
This legit makes me wonder if Kindred still do pick up any hint of the coppery-metallic taste blood is supposed to have.
>>
>>50346678
A fan theory is that the player diablerized Andrei the Tzimisce, though, thus part of why LeCroix's Dominate fails in your final encounter with him.
>>
>>50346861
I'd say they do, but their brains have been rewired so that it's now delicious.

>>50346875
Which is ridiculous, since Andrei says that your generation's already been somehow decreasing when he meets you for the second time.
>>
>>50345460
>>50345534
>>50346521
>>50345534
>>50345570
I'm not the one who kept posting that pastebin and calling it CofD logs. It's smut RP. People who hate me are the ones who keep posting it, because I have people with a weird obsession about me, like >>50345460, who for some reason thinks I used to be homophobic, and is just needlessly obtuse. I have been around for years, though. Most recently since about 2007.

>>50345504
>Believing it is

>>50345617
World of Future Darkness was a thing. Probably not much of one, but still.

>>50346385
I don't know why everyone seems to be focusing on the whore thing as if it were the crux of my argument and taking it down will reveal Bloodlines as the masterpiece it truly is. It's really barely a thing for me. The problem is more the way that every female character is presented. But more than that, it's the way that the whole game has this immature teenager air to it. When I say that it didn't earn it's M rating, I mean that it feels childish, even in spite of all the titties and blood and bad words. I don't even think it *would* get higher than a T rating these days.
And this is something that's present even in the characters that aren't wearing slinky dresses and trying to sweet talk you. Look at Ash for instance. His whole plotline is cartoonish. So is the stoner writing the movie. The radio commercials. The disaffected attitude everyone has.

Jesus fuck, I'm sorry that I don't like your silly game. I didn't realize pointing out how I don't like it would derail the thread. The thing that even started me talking about it was someone else pointing out that the Malkavian is a fucking Fish Malk even though /tg/ loves it so much.

>>50346875
I've literally never heard that, only that Caine was doing it. Which is a dumb plot, but apparently criticizing this game is badwrong

>>50345410
>Believing everyone who calls you out is me
>>
>>50346898
You of all people are complaining about maturity? I know you, Ed, and that's pretty rich.

Anyway. I'm not really sure how the Ash plot is cartoonish? It seems pretty salient: celebrities who can't do what they're most famous for happen pretty often IRL, and this isn't a horrible take on the issue. The movie script thing wasn't so bad either; sure, the guy didn't speak with perfect gravitas or what have you, but he's just an ordinary hotel clerk/wannabe scriptwriter; LA's full of them. Nothing seemed setting-breaking there. And can you elaborate more on that "disaffected attitude" bit?
>>
>>50346678
You can diablerize in Redemption, but it doesn't do anything barring one instance in the main story.
>>
>>50346875
LaCroix messed up his roll and is too proud to admit it, so he makes up some bullshit explanation.
>>
>>50344465
>*in the game* as being solely in the Ventrue's head, as opposed to simply "ew, whores and poors".
Except the fact that all other vampires never have the chance to throw up while feeding on homeless and hookers? It is explicitly a ventrue thing.
>>
>>50344945
>I'm sorry that someone criticized a thing you like.
Don't you get mad when people talk shit about stuff you like too?
>>
>>50345460

So Aspel is a person? I always though it was some kind of shorthand for autism/asperber like assburgers.
>>
>>50345460
Now I do agree Aspel is an annoying SJW, but come on don't attack them for being transgender. Thats just being a prick.
Everything else you said is accurate however.
>>
>>50347073
It is now. But it is also a person.
>>
>>50342106
>Cheating to sequence break
Filthy casual.
I only cheat to give myself a fuckton of XP because I finished it 10 times legit already
>>
>>50346927
I actually liked Ash, and the plot there isn't really the problem, it's more the writing. He comes off as a cartoon character. Most of the characters do, which really ruins the tone. It's not about speaking with gravitas, it's just that everyone is written to be as big a parody as possible.

Bloodlines is the best possible interpretation of Masquerade, but it's still Masquerade. It's like 40k in that it tries to be both edgy and mock its own edginess. It's like how that Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand collage and the way that it calls out Terribly Subtle Mature Adolescent Power Trip writing is that more of oWoD seems to have the tone of Dirty Secrets than it does a self-serious tone. I mean, I've listed a few things as example of the kind of "tone" that I'd rather a World of Darkness game have. I'm not saying it needs to be super serious--I was even hesitant to say "Silent Hill" as an example, even though that'd be more fitting than "GTA"--but I just really fucking hate games that go "oh, haw haw, you wanted to take things *seriously*? What a loser!" while simultaneously considering themselves ~realistic~ or even ~gritty~ because they're dark and have blood and titties and swear words. It's a very juvenile approach.

And because people buy into that sort of hyperreality, that's the game I was sold. A game that has a bit of a sarcastic air, but is dark and serious and spooky. Instead it's a more constrained GTA with a darker colour pallet.

>And can you elaborate more on that "disaffected attitude" bit?
I mean that nobody seems to actually give a shit. Even beyond the limitations of the hardware. A lot of quests have you killing someone for someone else, and they treat it with a sort of "hyuh, far out, thanks dudette" attitude. The news anchor reads about the story's events in an almost bored way, which amplifies the writing. Unfortunately I can't find a transcription of them, or even a Youtube video, so I can't give an example.
>>
>>50347076
Everything else is that poster being salty. I'm not hard left by anyone's definition, I don't demand anything be included in the OP, I never said those were CofD logs (there's nothing furry in there), I was never a homophobic prick for years, and I don't hide behind semantics. Hell, that last bit about semantics is because I said the "Mature" rating isn't mature in the more colloquial sense of being grown up.

>>50347098
Not to sequence break. I even followed the path normally, so I would still trip any cutscenes. But like fuck did I want to sneak through the whole Nosferatu Warrens. My character was built in such a way that I was completely fucked because up until that point it was cartoony, but it was still a character driven *roleplaying* game where putting everything into dialogue options was good.
I probably would have hated Grout's mansion as much as everyone else if I didn't have such high Stealth. But the Warrens were too fucking long, and there was no way to leave them. So I said "fuck it".
And the rest of the game had the same kind of long winding tunnel level design. God, flying through it with noclip was still a chore. Andrei's hotel, the Society of Leopold, and the Ventrue Tower levels are garbage.

>I finished it 10 times legit already
Well good for you, like I said, you deserve a medal. Or at least an Achievement.
>>
>>50347247
>There are people who hate Grout's mansion
>>
>>50347181
I still think it's much more fun than any of the tabletop games make the universe sound, Masquerade or Requiem. I think that loosening the Humanity rules is helpful there, since it doesn't prevent you from doing, well, typical PC shenanigans by holding the hammer of the Beast over your head (unless you start doing flat-out evil shit, which I feel is how it should be).

>>50347247
>unironically complaining about the Warrens
Git gud. No, seriously, I had no issues with the Warrens on my first playthrough, and that was also a reasonably dialogue-focused character. As long as you don't take useless trap options like Manipulation, you should have plenty of XP by the Warrens.
>>
>>50347076
>don't attack them for being transgender.
I didn't. Re-read my post. I attacked him for becoming a transvestite in an effort to be cool and cash in on what he perceived as a popular movement. Transgender people are what they are, they don't "choose" it. Aspel chooses to affect difference, then posts here because no-one will follow him on tumblr.
>>
>>50347294
>Git gud.
This
>Play Toreador
>Dump everything into Persuade and Seduction
>Put some points into firearms and celerity
>Wreck shit for the entire game
So fucking good
Hell the game straight up says you cant talk your way out of every situation and Nines gives you fighting lessons.
>>
>>50347181
>I don't understand what "jaded" means
What a high Perception score you have.
>>
>>50347247
Whatever you say, Edward. Doctors say it's best not to argue with delusional people.
>>
>>50347290
It's a long winding bunch of corridors filled with kill on sight enemies and really dumb puzzles.

>>50347294
>>50347315
>Git gud
Oh fuck you. The game plays like ass.

>>50347299
But that's wrong. For fucks sake I've been trans for a fucking decade. I'm not even a transvestite in the first place.

>>50347317
Are you being deliberately obtuse? Yes, everyone is jaded. I find that annoying.

>>50347340
You're right, I should probably stop doing that.
>>
full assrape stiffness
>>
>>50347379
>Are you being deliberately obtuse?
>obtuse
>deliberately obtuse
>obtuse
>are you being obtuse?

LOL your comebacks are as weak as your spine
>>
>>50347379
>The game plays like ass.
Yeah, if you're bad at it. I love the gameplay.
>>
>>50347380
What are our (hopeful) predictions for ONE World of Darkness?

What's the high-low on Dracula pulling it off?
>>
>>50347428
>>50347428
>>50347428

Newt Herd
>>
>>50347379
The thing is, you have no problem breaking anonymity to say "I am Aspel". Ultimately you're an attention seeking narcissist, who needs people to argue with them. You never let anything drop - hell, you reply to five people in this one post of yours. If you had one scrap of honesty to yourself you'd put on a tripcode, but that would allow people to ignore you... and for you not to receive the attention you crave is a fate worse than pissing the bed. You know I'm right. Your butthurt confirms this.
>>
>>50345460

>hard-left

Oh please, Aspel's a coastal elite liberal in mindset, just with 4chan contrarianism. I doubt that they actually care about half the things they talk about in this thread aside from a mealmouthy lip service.

>>50347402

It's possible that it will succeed, but Dracula wants to play to the hardcore crowd first, specifically LARPers, and I don't know if that'll give him the mainstream crossover he really needs.
>>
>>50347438
I come out and say "I am Aspel" when people like you get all pissy about me. I don't want your attention, and I don't want to be ignored because I want to participate in this thread without assholes noticing who I am. I reply to several people because I have things to say. It's not like bumping the thread five separate times would be any better. And it's not like you don't also have things to say, since you're obviously saying them.
The only difference between me and you is that there are people who can put a name to me, and that's not my doing. I didn't go "hey, I'm Aspel", people connected me from the OPP forums, even though I barely post there, and from when I did used to trip. And that's the thing: I've already had a tripcode. I wore it for years and now I've decided not to bother, because frankly this is better.

Maybe you could try just not giving a shit. But apparently you feel the need to jump in and force your opinion on everyone. Isn't that what you accuse me of doing? Kind of sounds attention whorey. Maybe we should give you a name?

>>50347446
I care about shit, and I'm far from a coastal elite. I'm also, apparently, not really liberal, but socialist, though I still don't know the difference, other than apparently liberals are too moderate?
>>
>>50347600

>Still can't tell the difference between a socialist and a liberal.

No, Aspel, trust me on this. You're just a liberal with a coastal elite mindset, even if you don't live like one. You can certainly say you "care about shit", but that's what they all say.
>>
>>50347656

You literally deleted a simple response so you could add on an even longer tangent that boils down to "NO U".

Yeah, I sure do beleive you "care about shit" now, you raging egomaniac.
>>
>>50347717
>It's not like bumping the thread five separate times would be any better.
It's almost as if I realized two posts in a row while saying that would be ironic.
>>50347668
I guess we can't all be as cool as you, anon.
>>
>>50347737

Just do some actual research into what you believe to be your inner political views, and you can be just as cool as me. Let me tell you, it sure beats being ignorant and posting like you're not.
>>
>>50346877
>Which is ridiculous, since Andrei says that your generation's already been somehow decreasing when he meets you for the second time.

To be fair, he doesn't say you've decreased in generation, he says that your blood smells much more potent than at your last meeting.

Which doesn't mean there's been a decrease in generation, through diablerie or otherwise, just that it smells more potent to Andrei.

And considering that "Caine" might be a whack-job Methuselah helping Jack screw everyone over in the chaos, it might just be him using his ooga-booga-blood-shenanigans to mess with their minds and perceptions rather than him going "AND NOW YOU'RE A LOWER GENERATION, GG!".

Or, it might actually be Caine buffing you up, or some other shit, who knows.
>>
>>50347830
Pffft. I can't even take that seriously enough to make a sarcastic reply.

>>50347878
The original intent being that the cabby was Caine is another of those things that everyone goes gaga over that I really just find stupid.
Okay, Jack and the strongest vampire ever are just fucking around with everyone. There's nothing in the sarcophagus, and the aura of fear is just because Caine is in town.
Why?
We're repeatedly told that this is some out of the way shithole no one cares about. Hell, that's LaCroix's entire motivation. If he gets LA to the Camarilla, he gets prestige. Until a few decades ago, it was purely Anarch territory, and they've defended it from the Kuei-jin.
Why is Caine in some little shithole?
Why would anyone even give a shit about the Fledgling?
>>
>>50348043

You don't have any real political values to stand for or defend, so of course you can't make a reply. You're not capable of doing so. You'd take a hard turn to any other kind of basic political standing as soon as it seemed like the wind was blowing in a different direction.

You can't argue without hoping that someone else's argument will do it for you, because in the end, you just don't care. You don't give a shit about class, or gender, or race, at least not enough to have any real conviction. You just want the backpats and the brownie points without any of that icky "examining and reaffirming my beliefs" stuff. You can't even be bothered to learn about the left, so who can really trust you to talk about it? No one.
>>
>>50348043
>We're repeatedly told that this is some out of the way shithole no one cares about.

Um...?

L.A. is pretty much wanted by every major faction in the world, mate. That's why the Camarilla is rolling into town to try to take over and why they've kept Archons running recon on the city to scope it out for weaknesses for decades, it's why the Sabbat are in town, it's why the Anarchs are fighting so hard to keep it theirs, it's why the Kuei-Jin have repeatedly invaded it, etc.

Hell, Jack says that LA would look, and I quote, "killer on a resume" if LaCroix handed it over to the Camarilla; why, unless it's of importance?

Sorry to say mate, but LA is a jewel-in-the-rough for any faction, and the game doesn't really try to dissuade the player of that notion. If anything, it tries to reinforce it, and I'm not sure where you get the idea that "it's a shithole" is coming from, besides your own imagination.

>>50348043
>Why is Caine in some little shithole?
If it *is* Caine, then why the fuck wouldn't he be? He's Caine, he goes wherever the fuck he wants. What's anyone gonna do, tell him no, or try to force him out? Yeah, that'd end well for 'em. They'd probably get Dominate'd so hard they forget they're even a vampire and end up burning by the next sunrise.

>>50348043
>Why would anyone even give a shit about the Fledgling?
Nobody does at first. Why should they? You're just the Prince's newest errand boy and everyone knows it.

But when you start racking up successful missions every night (without dying) and keep going, people quickly take notice of you, and try to get you on your good side because throwing traps and enemies in your way barely slow you down while anything you see as an enemy has a tendency to *DIE*.

But if you're asking, why would Maybe!Caine or Jack care about the Fledgling? Maybe because they find out that you're a useful pawn, OR they just find the idea of a fledgling kicking the ass of everyone in the city hilarious.
>>
Someone has Tales of Dark Eras?
>>
>>50348233
Your argument amounts to "you don't actually believe those things you say, you just pretend to". That's a stupid argument that's not worth countering. I've examined and reaffirmed my beliefs plenty of times, and I've done plenty of political learning. I don't use this argument much, but you're basically projecting.

>>50348242
LA would look killer on a resume because it's NOT some Camarilla center of power. It's weird that the Father of All Vampires would try to cause strife somewhere so out of the way. It's not a place that's on anyone's radar other than a pushpin saying "to conquer".

>He's Caine, he goes wherever the fuck he wants. What's anyone gonna do, tell him no, or try to force him out?
My point isn't that anyone could stop him. My question is "WHY does Caine even give a shit?"

>Nobody does at first. Why should they? You're just the Prince's newest errand boy and everyone knows it.
If Caine is your taxi driver, clearly you're more than you seem. The Malk Thinblood seems to think so as well.

>they just find the idea of a fledgling kicking the ass of everyone in the city hilarious.
That just seems so incredibly unsatisfying.
>>
>>50348469

You don't even know the difference between a liberal and a socialist, so no, you didn't learn enough, if you actually learned at all. That certainly doesn't stop you from claiming that you do and then hiding behind the words of others when you're asked to defend your beliefs.

Even now, you can't even talk about these beliefs that are so important to you. All you have is talking about the argument, and retreating behind "you're projecting!" That's all this is to you: just arguments and half-baked bon mots in hopes that you get praised. It's all just a fun little game while you live your sheltered, comfortable life. That's why no one takes you seriously when you go into yet another political tangent: it's all about your ego, nothing more. You talk a lot about being understood, but you don't actually want understanding. You just want to be on the winning team.

I am imploring you: take the time to research. Take the time to examine yourself. Do it honestly. You need to know what you're talking about without having to rely on a single source, with not even a single original idea of your own to add on to it. You can be better than this, if you just tried.
>>
>>50348647
What would you prefer? That I went through a list of my beliefs--none of which would be directly related to this discussion--and defended them apropos of nothing?
For fucks sake you keep acting like I live a happy sheltered elitist liberal west coast life.
You just want me to leave you alone in your own little hugbox is what it is.

I do like that you think we're the winning team, though. That's good.
>>
>>50348469
>It's not a place that's on anyone's radar other than a pushpin saying "to conquer".

Yes, because it's the second largest city in the US, offering great resources, wealth and a sprawling powerbase for any sect or faction that can hold it.

It's the same with... well, nearly every other city in the world. If you can hold it, it's a really powerful tool for your faction. LA is particularly succulent, because of its sheer size and the fact that its the center of entertainment, and television in the US. Anyone that can competently make use of its resources (which, to be fair, most Anarchs aren't doing) it's a literal powerhouse in the modern age of information. Doesn't hurt that it's got a LOT of international trade going on as well.

>>50348469
>My point isn't that anyone could stop him. My question is "WHY does Caine even give a shit?"

WHY does it matter? If Caine wants to spend a few moments of his eternal unlife as a demigod watching a city burn or watch all his children in a city get hot and bothered over an empty and insignificant sarcophagus, that's his business. Caine's a blank card anyway, there's very little in the fluff going "Oh, Caine certainly wouldn't do this!" because Caine is whatever the Storyteller makes him. If Caine wants to ferry a fledgling around town, whatever, it's no weirder or more out of character than anything else.

And if it's NOT Caine and it's just a Malkavian Methuselah thinking he's Caine or something, then it's even less of an issue.

>>50348469
>If Caine is your taxi driver, clearly you're more than you seem. The Malk Thinblood seems to think so as well.

Rosa's probably not a Malk; all Thin-bloods can have Insight which gives them prophetic warnings/dreams, which are not always 100% accurate.

And for the record, Rosa acts confused and questions herself when Maybe!Caine comes up "Why is he smiling? The father? Is it the Father behind him?", so even she doesn't know.
>>
>>50348707
I feel like "why are the events of the game taking place" is a pretty important question for a game to answer, and this one doesn't.
>>
>>50348682

Some actual conviction in the aspects of your politics that you do argue in this thread would be nice. If you have to go for it in this thread, the least you can do is seem like you care instead of scoring points. The fact that you see take the idea of this being a "winning team" as a good thing certainly doesn't help. You don't have to be a coastal liberal elitist to think like one, much like how one doesn't need to live like a white collared conservative to speak their worldview and politics.

You're sheltered and comfortable. You have the privilege to be so. That doesn't mean you're happy, and you should know this. The sooner you own up to this, the sooner you can begin to truly know yourself and your place in the world.

You can be better than this. You just have to try.
>>
>>50348911
I'm far from comfortable, and I'm far from sheltered. I am, however, aware that I have more privilege than others.
I also have no idea how you seem to think I don't have conviction, considering I refuse to fucking shut up.

There's no way I can convince you that I ~actually care~ because you probably don't think anyone actually cares about this stuff. You'd also just chalk any actual caring up to ~virtue signalling~, like you already do.

And I'm certainly not on the winning team on 4chan, or I wouldn't have been getting into the same political arguments for ten fucking years you gobshite.
>>
>>50348762
>I feel like "why are the events of the game taking place" is a pretty important question for a game to answer, and this one doesn't.

I feel that it does: Jack screwed over everyone for a laugh, which is 100% in-character for him. Whether or not the person behind Jack is Caine, a Caine-imposter or even just a random crazy vamp has no bearing on the story.

As always, the Elders pull strings for whatever sick schemes they've got going on. Sometimes those schemes have a greay payoff... other times, it's just to have the laugh of the century.
>>
>>50348937

Again, you see this as being on a "winning team". That's dangerous, highly sheltered thinking. I think you're certainly aware of the privilege you have on a basic level, but underneath that you're not much more different than an average 4chan contrarian.

I've met wonderful people who do care about race, class, and gender. I just don't think you do as much as you think you do, or as much as you could. To you, it's just another tangent to bring up, another opportunity to use the vocabulary you learned from YouTube videos, another part of your multi-response posts. All of this for ten years, Aspel, and not once did you ever learn the difference between a liberal and a socialist. That's chilling.

You can be better than this. You just have to try.
>>
>>50349085
So are you literally jerking yourself off as you type this shit, or do you wait until afterwards?
>>
>>50349120

Aspel could be a much better than this if they just tried. I would at least like to see them do that.
>>
>>50349211
No you don't. You just want to be pretentious on the internet and accuse people of not caring about things. You don't care either, you just want to shitpost about board personalities instead of talking about World of Darkness
>>
>>50349320

The thread's been dead for a while, might as well tell Aspel to check themselves before this one goes in the archive. They really could be better.
>>
>>50349516
So you are jerking off right now
>>
>>50349842

Nah.
>>
>>50349909
Saving it for later, then. You're clearly masturbating.

But don't worry, I think you could really be better.
>>
>>50350088

Know what you're talking about and stand for something, before it's too late. A comfortable life and attempts at parting shots aren't going to help anyone.
>>
>>50350138
Do you honestly believe the things you're saying or are you really just trying to be pretentious on an anonymous image board?
>>
>>50350355

Just learn to listen, to research, and to look within oneself with an open mind. Don't let yourself be your own worst enemy, not in times like these.
>>
>>50350426
So you are just being pretentious. How ironic.
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.