[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which fighting game setting would make the best RPG? Mortal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: Riptor.png (2MB, 2080x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Riptor.png
2MB, 2080x1079px
which fighting game setting would make the best RPG?

Mortal Kombat feels like a strong contender, but by the same logic Killer instinct could do too, what about Dark stalkers? etc.
>>
>>50327428
Why not merge Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct? I mean they're both basically 90's Superhero Comic Book fighting games and nothing in the games universal background contradicts each other much.
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (37KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
37KB, 426x341px
>>50327507
Hmmmm, Killer instinct with added MKx style fighting styles... should it be a full crossover or more of a spiritual composite?
>>
Soul Calibur's setting has built in reasons to go adventuring, and there's precedent for teams.
>>
>>50327579
its also canon to Tekken, I love settings where you can play different eras. so that could have some play in a modern kind of setting
>>
File: Sc3-lizardman-01.jpg (97KB, 550x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sc3-lizardman-01.jpg
97KB, 550x900px
>>50327579
has /tg/ ever statted Soul Edge and Soul Calibur?
>>
>>50327668
Soul Edge: Possessed by Sword. +5 Against Soul Calibur.
Soul Calibur: Possessed by Sword. +5 Against Soul Edge.
>>
File: Primal Rage.jpg (420KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
Primal Rage.jpg
420KB, 3000x1688px
Primal Rage could be a fun romp, though I must admit I have a bias for dinosaurs
>>
>>50328016
a Primal Rage rpg would be the shit. if I hadn't already just gotten done playing a dinosaur obsessed character I'd probably play a cleric devoted to the primal gods of Urth or whatever the fucking planet was renamed to in PR.
>>
>>50328039
I played a Paladin with a summoning archetype in pathfinder, I focused on summoning Celestial Dinosaurs, that said a Primale Rage Game would need Rules good at making the players feel HUGE, as either avatars of or gods themselves
>>
>>50328016
THIS.
>>
>>50327428

Street Fighter, because there already is a Street Fighter pnp RPG.
>>
>>50327428
Metal & Lace: The Battle of the Robo Babes.

In 2053, the babes fight on MeCha Island. Winners receive fame and funding. Losers distribute smutty pictures of themselves.

It's perfect.
>>
File: RoboKy-cape.gif (26KB, 291x257px) Image search: [Google]
RoboKy-cape.gif
26KB, 291x257px
Guilty Gear, of course.

Get up to rock!
Get up to burn!
Stand up with pride! I'll be the ways to maker!
You must have heard it!
Grasp the truth!
Hold it high!
Raise your fists! That's why it's made to start with!
You haven't heard it go!
>>
>>50328151
would there be a system for creating a prehistoric god character to play as? maybe take some visual design cues from the king kong remakes?
>>
this thread needs a direction, something to focus on
>>
>>50328246
I'm slightly disappointed the thread went on this long without GG getting mentioned.

That said, Soul Calibur and KI are also pretty great.

>yfw Capcom is done with crossovers
>yfw there won't ever be KI vs Darkstalkers
>>
>>50329458
I'd settle for KI meets MK at this point, but ehe
>>
File: Guilty_gear.jpg (687KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Guilty_gear.jpg
687KB, 1366x768px
Guilty Gear, specifically during the X and X2 period, has a lot of elements that make for a good rpg world.

1. Post-apocalyptic setting. Governments still function, but they're a lot smaller/there's a lot more wild space on the planet.

2. Magic and tech are mixed almost to the point of being the same thing. They are also very common, which means life can pinball between mundane and cuhrazy without becoming awkward.

3. You have two well-developed species (humans and gears) rather than just the normal fantasy bait. And even then, there's a lot of variation within those species (Faust and Potemkin are 100% human) as well as some minor races like living weapons and vampires.

4. There are a bunch of small factions interacting with each other like the Holy Knights and the Assassins' Guild and the Zepp military.

5. Points 2, 3, and 4 all combine to make it so there are many ways for a character to become a powerful fighter. Furthermore, they make it so that parties of disparate people can form quite easily.
>>
>>50327428
Killer Instinct is pretty much Netrunner if everyone solved conflicts with their fists rather than their wallets/gadgets and magic was a thing.
>>
>>50329458
The new KI is the Darkstalkers 4 we never had.
>>
>>50327428
Weapon Lord
>>
>>50330303
It's like a western version.

Which is why a VS game would be amazing.

>Jago vs Donovan
>Bishamon vs Hisako
>Saberwolf vs Talbain
>>
>>50327428
BB and GG. They both have overly complex magic systems that get explained in detail, so you have everything fluffed out, you just need to stat them.
>>
>>50330287
So Shadowrun?
>>
File: ZEA.png (432KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
ZEA.png
432KB, 566x800px
>>50327428
Darkstalkers, Blaz Blue or Guilty Gear in my opinion. Pretty much any of the anime fighters. It feels unfair to mention Melty Blood, but I will anyway.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.