[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dare I ask if any of you guys have ever played this? My friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: WheelofTimeRPGFC.jpg (133KB, 777x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WheelofTimeRPGFC.jpg
133KB, 777x1024px
Dare I ask if any of you guys have ever played this? My friends and I are tired of coming up with our own campaigns and wanna play in a setting that's established and they've read a few of these books (I haven't personally because 14 fucking books is just way too much for me to deal with) and suggested this game. What do you guys think of it? How is the system compared to D&D (4th ed) and Pathfinder which we usually play?
>>
The Ogier(?) have the weirdest depiction ever to me. Like some strange Firbolg before I even knew what a Firbolg was. Also why is Mats spear golden?

To answer your question, I'm not sure. The first few books used to advertise the RPG for a while. But later on it just stopped.
>>
>>50319384

I have.

The game is absolutely shit. It has all the problems of the d20 system,as well as not really reflecting the sort of world the books get into very well either. And you always have issues in settings based on books that none of your adventures can override the canon in the books, which limits what you can do. I mean, you can overcome it with the right group and the right playstyle, but the game kind of fails to do what it sets out to do.

>>50319530

pretty sure that trio isn't supposed to be any of the book characters.
>>
>>50319384
wanna run WoT RPG?

have the guy who knows the most about the books / setting be the GM, esp. if he is also a great storyteller.
>>
File: mat.jpg (615KB, 687x852px) Image search: [Google]
mat.jpg
615KB, 687x852px
>>50319530
>Also why is Mats spear golden?

Because Darrell K. Sweet, that's why.
>>
>>50319384

It's essentially a reskinned 3.0 (so it's closer to Pathfinder for those you who don't know that PF is D&D 3rd edition with yet another paintjob). It makes all the mistakes 3rd edition does, and the caster supremacy is not only a feature of the rules, it's actually in the fluff of the setting too.

The best thing it does, is that some of the spells ("weaves") have different power levels and a fireball can be cast as a 2nd level spell or as high as 6th, with varying degrees of damage based on that range.

If one is a fan of the setting, the RPG book is a great resource, with excellent illustrations and art (superior, in fact, to the art in the officially licensed setting book meant for fans). If one is wanting an RPG that captures the flavor of the setting... It fails somewhat due to the fact that characters in the setting don't generally gradually grow into their power. They either have it already, or they gain it in fits and starts.

As for it being a reskinned 3.0... The classes are closer in power level, but ultimately the caster classes are the most powerful, and will almost always win encounters.

There isn't a great plethora of "magic items" since by the point they were in the books (about halfway through at 6 or 7) when it was published, there weren't a whole of items in any characters possession. Magic weapons only go up to +3, but there's very few monsters, and only a handful are so deadly that +3 weapons and powerful magic are necessary to kill them.

On thing that's very prevalent in the setting is politicking, which isn't represented by the rules. There's nothing for ruling kingdoms, there's nothing for managing armies (aside from the anemic Commander prestige class), and there's nothing for affecting loyalty or managing people aside from the skills included in the book (as anyone with familiarity with 3rd ed. know, aren't remotely enough).

>>50319530

It's not Mat. It's supposed to a PC.
>>
>>50322487
>>50320086

samefags gonna samefag
>>
>>50322896
>6 replies
>6 unique IPs

Nice try cuck
>>
>>50324673

OP counts as a poster but not a reply, shit for brains.
>>
File: samefags.png (18KB, 427x380px) Image search: [Google]
samefags.png
18KB, 427x380px
>>50322896
>>50324707

Just to add further fire onto this tangled web (and confuse idioms!), pic related.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.