[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /tg/ has good Metroid threads. Not only is Samus a carrier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 361
Thread images: 68

File: nice.jpg (139KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
139KB, 618x800px
So /tg/ has good Metroid threads. Not only is Samus a carrier of extinct bird-person DNA, but she's also the last known carrier in the universe of Metroid(a world-ending parasite) genetic material. From a Queen Metroid, at that.

Going by 40k standards, would she be considered a xeno or allowed to live/operate freely with the amount of dangerous shit she has in her combined with her her maverick tendencies?
>>
>>50317897
She'd basically be a Rogue Trader; weird and independent enough to operate outside the relatively arbitrary structure of the Imperium, only her trade is killing huge numbers of dangerous xenos single handedly for pay and then blowing up their homeworlds.

New xenos species on the frontier being ornery?
Send in Rogue Trader Aran, she's three separate extinctions under her belt already.
>>
>>50317897
Yeah, probably considered a xeno by now. Don't forget the apparently partially biological power armor that is also, apparently, intrinsically linked with her nervous system.

>allowed to live/operate freely with the amount of dangerous shit she has in her combined with her her maverick tendencies
Well she blew up a space station against the direct wishes of her superiors who wanted to, essentially, try to militarize shapeshifting clones of her. That want to conquer the galaxy.

I don't think she'd get along terribly well with the Imperium. At best, they'd tell her to go on a mission on the opposite end of the galaxy and pray the walking exterminatus doesn't come back.
>>
File: Primarch Aran.png (124KB, 1558x1194px) Image search: [Google]
Primarch Aran.png
124KB, 1558x1194px
>>
>>50318003

>Don't forget the apparently partially biological power armor that is also, apparently, intrinsically linked with her nervous system.

certainly sounds like tech heresy to me, that shit does not look sanctioned
>>
So as the only creature left with Metroid bits, Samus is technically the Metroid Queen, right?
>>
>>50318022

Ha!
>>
probably considered a dangerous mutant, given her genetic alterations which is highly illegal in the Imperium

not quite a xeno, but definitely not human either.

it really depends on how much it bothers the authorities, because other mutants are occasionally allowed to exist

she annihilates much more dangerous xenos and pirates, so I'd guess they might look the other way if push came to shove
>>
>>50318110
Teeeeeeechnically, but that's splitting hairs.
>>
>>50318096
But you know the Admech is oiling itself to get their hands on it.
>>
>>50318096
That part is actually literally Space Marine power armor, so not really tech-heresy until they realize it's Xeno-tech.
>>
>>50318110
Queen of what? It's kinda like saying Leia is a Princess.
>>
>>50318152
The primary question is whether or not she's genetically stable enough to breed, since things that look a lot less human than her have already been sanctioned.

...any volunteers?
>>
>>50320542
Queen in a biological sense, not in the cultural sense.
>>
>>50320574
You idiot. For half of /tg/, that just makes it hotter!
>>
>>50320574
But she's already got Doomguy for that. Just, y'know, don't expect him to be a positive role model for the little guy/gal/mutant/hybrid alien/ half-demon(?).
>>
>>50318110
Well, the Metroid DNA they spliced into her was the same DNA that was used the create a new Queen Metroid in Other M (as much as I hate to mention that game), so technically yes.

>>50317897
>>50320574
The Metroid DNA thing seemed to work in the same manner as retroviral gene therapy (they injected her with a "vaccine" that inserted sequences of Metroid DNA into her genome to make her immune to the X-parasite infection), so it probably wouldn't make her count as any less human than people who ahve had gene therapy. Also I think that retroviral DNA usually not transmitted to offspring or affect ability to breed (although sometimes they can, as significant part of human genome is actually bits of retrovirus DNA that rot passed on).
The alterations the Chozo made to her DNA were probably far more major, as they are suppsoed to have allowed her to live on a planet normally largely uninhabitable to humans and boosted her physical capabilities to above peak human levels.
>>
>>50320598
In that case, being last has nothing to do with her being queen or not.
>>
>>50321134
On some eusocial insects, any female worker has the potential to become a queen if the circumstances are right, but the queen emits pheromones that prevent it. If the queen dies, however, any surviving worker can turn into queens and start their own colonies.
>>
>>50318022
Those fucking MAGPIES
>>
File: IMG_20161118_095906.jpg (113KB, 701x1139px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161118_095906.jpg
113KB, 701x1139px
>>50317897
Even if she wasn't allowed, I'd like to see the Imperium try to stop her.
>>
>>50318003
>>50318096
From what I've gathered about her armor, it seems to be stored in her cells as code, and then manifests physically at her will. It's literally a part of her. That's why when the SA-X infected her, it was able to copy both her and her armor.

Basically, the Chozo were masters of technology in theor time, so I am 0% surprised that their tech can be stored within dna and go from code to energy to physical armor in 2 seconds flat.
>>
>>50317897
The simple question of if she would be allowed to exist is actually easily awnsered by a certain organization: The one that includes crazy drug bombs, shape shifters that use alien blades, super snipers and blank abominations, aka, the Officio Assassinourium. Humanity can, and wil, make use of anything to help destroy its enemies. If the Callidus can alter its body into that of a xeno and stab xenos with a xeno blade, Samus will be fine.
>>
File: met.jpg (107KB, 665x500px) Image search: [Google]
met.jpg
107KB, 665x500px
how would you run a metroidvania themed adventure, /tg/?

keep in mind that most of the area is mysterious and desolate, punctuated by strange architecture and machinery
>>
>>50321583
A megadungeon?
With certain areas locked off that can only be unlocked with special items or abilities learned in the dungeon?
>>
File: 1406067896173.gif (70KB, 387x324px) Image search: [Google]
1406067896173.gif
70KB, 387x324px
>>50321583
Not with D&D and derivatives. In fact, anything with a progression system not based on equipment probably wouldn't work too well. Otherwise you're likely getting a bunch of mcguffins to bypass points your normal abilities arbitrarily don't work on. If you have levels at all, they should be more about increasing numbers while the stuff you find handles utility and additional options in or out of combat.

As for the adventure itself, I think I'd run a horror game that eventually transitions into pure exploration. You start off weak and pitiful with no idea what's going on, the mere wildlife is a threat let alone the actual monsters, and it's clear from the outset something is horribly wrong. As you find abilities, though, you start being able to fight back and uncover the mystery. By the time you know what happened, you're in full adventure mode; stuff is still horrible, but you can deal with it now.
>>
>>50321325
>Metroids are bugs
>>
>>50318003
Yeah, the power armor is pseudo organic, particularly by the end of Fusion. And it's linked with her, so that she's the only one who can use it. It's pretty much a part of her body. She's stated to be a cyborg in old game manuals.
>>
File: 1343921393807.jpg (325KB, 1680x560px) Image search: [Google]
1343921393807.jpg
325KB, 1680x560px
>>50322041
They seem to be based on bugs and dinosaurs to a degree.
>>
>>50322041
Well, they have a "queen" which seems to be the onyl one laying eggs. Although I doubt that metroids are actually eusocial. Even in Metroid 2, where all the "evolved" forms of them, including the queen, are from, they seem more solitary. More likely the Chozo engineered them so that they would only have one reproducing female at a time to allow their number to be controlled more easily.
>>
>>50321325
>>50322141
Isn't the SR-388 Metroid lifecycle caused by genetic tampering from the space pirates?

The series depicts numerous metroid offshoots (ex. hunter metroids, cold resistant metroids, phazon metroids) and pretty much all of them either come from a lab (usually space pirate, sometimes Federation). Plus the space pirates gleefully zap metroids with every energy source or radioactive substance they get their grubby claws on. Though some of the phazon metroids, like metroid prime, could be 'natural.' Some of them most definitely got coated in the glowing crap by the space pirates.

TL;DR: Metroids are weird.
>>
>>50322558
There are some Metroid manga/doujin out there that explain the Metroid life cycle from the Chozo point of view. Not sure if they're considered canon, but the original life cycle is definitely not due to Space Pirates messing with them. They kind of evolved on their own after the Chozo got fucked, as far as I can recall. I could google this but I'm too fucking lazy.
>>
>>50322558
Considering the Chozo originally created the Metroids specifically with SR-388 in mind /they were created to erradicate the extremely infectious parasitic lifeform found on the planet) and as far as I know the Pirates never went there (they got their first Metroids from raiding a Federation research vessel that had landed on the planet and brought some Metroids with them as samples), I think the Metroid "evolution" we see in M2 is their natural life-cycle.
It only seems to occur on SR-388, though, as in Fusion it was mentioned that the Federation could only get Metroids to metamorphose into the Alpha/Gamma/etc. forms in an environment that was a complere recreation of the conditions on the planet.
In other planets, Metroids stay in their larval form, and maybe eventually grow into the "hunter" form in Metroid Prime (which I believe was in the scans implied to be a natural stage in Metroid life cycle). The Pirates did a lot of experimenting with Metroids, primarily by injecting them with Phazon (injecting things with radioactive goop is kind of their go-to research method), which led to creation of all sorts of Metroid variants.
>>
File: 1266291419458.png (367KB, 1387x826px) Image search: [Google]
1266291419458.png
367KB, 1387x826px
>>50322558
The SR-388 forms are their "natural" life cycle insofar as such a thing exists. Something about the SR-388 environment is what causes the metamorphoses, which is why the GFed was able to produce them in Fusion by mimicking the planet with Sector 1. Most other planets lack whatever triggers the growth, so Metroids on said planets stay in larval form and just get bigger. The "Super Metroid" of Zebes was experimented on by Space Pirates to an unknown degree. Outside of Phazon, the Space Pirates haven't really had much success in making different Metroid forms. All they can really do is clone a metric buttload.

Meanwhile Phazon causes different stages to develop because it's Phazon I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>50322600
All metroid manga conflicts with events presented in the games, though, so they're a dubious source of canon.
>>
>>50317897
They can't really stop her.
>>
>>50322746
It was the Zebese form that fused with Samus, though.
>>
>>50322784
Then take my comments with a grain of salt.

>>50322843
The Zebes one was mutated by Space Pirates, so that might be why it was able to fuse somewhat with Samus.
>>
>>50322843
>>50323072
It didn't really "fuse" with Samus, though its cells were used to make the Metroid Vaccine. Which doesn't really work like a vaccine but I digress. It was the Galactic Federation's doing in any case.
>>
>>50320574
>needing to ask for a volunteer to breed with Samus
>>
>>50323345
>Drains your energy
>Shoots you with an ice beam
>Plants morph-bombs on you

Well. Might be harder to volunteer than you think.
>>
Wouldn't Samus be more comfortable with the Tau Empire? I mean, she spent most of her life living with bird-like aliens, and so maybe she would fit right in in a kroot world.
>>
>>50321532
If you take Prime as canon, the Chozo actively practiced magic as well as science; a lot of the shit they got away with is because they were blending sorcery in with their technology and making it work.
>>
>>50323669
>Chozo Arm Cannons switch beam types via hand gestures
>Spells require somatic components

Really makes you think.
>>
>>50323548
The only thing hard will be people's erections.
>>
>>50323843
It also neatly explains why the Pirates can't duplicate the Morph Ball and even how the "materializes through her willpower" thing works; sorcery, rather than science.
>>
>>50324011
Based on the Prime logs, their attempts to dumplicate the morph ball literally consisted of outfitting test subjects with an armour that changed shape into a 1m-diameters sphere, predictably mangling and crushing the wearer in the process. Meanwhile, if you look at the morph ball model in the game, you can see that between the two halves of the sphere is a big glowing ball of energy. Pirates are kind of dumb.
>>
>>50324396
Well, to be fair, how many pirate see the morph ball in action and survive?
>>
>>50324396
My theory about the Morph Ball, and the suit in general, is it converts Samus's mass to energy while she wears it. This in turn could also explain her ridiculous proportions in the suit. She's not actually fully physically manifested when she wears it, and is integrated with the suit's circuitry.
>>
File: morph ball.jpg (57KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
morph ball.jpg
57KB, 480x480px
>>50324011
>>50324396
>>50324473
>>50324568
>>
>>50322746
Wasn't Prime just a Metroid that got picked as a Levithan's guardian, but ended up eating the leviathan's core?
>>
>>50321532
>>50323669
How did they get so rekt again with all that bullshit at their fingertips?
>>
>>50324585
This is now my headcanon.
>>
>>50324651
They genetically modified themselves to be pacifists. It's the same reason Samus was the first "chozo" to choose the warrior path in so long, as all the chozo had an innate aversion to (at least directly) cause harm.

Apparently she didn't get those genes.
>>
>>50324651
Off the top of my head? Assorted natural disasters wrecking planets they were living on - Prime 1 has the Chozo Colony on Tallon IV being wiped out by Phazon corruption of the environment - culminating in Mother Brain going renegade, allying itself with the Space Pirates, and chasing them off of Zebes. I think actually they're believed mostly to have left the known regions of the galaxy and moved on simply because they were bored or something, I don't really know.
>>
>>50324602
MP doesn't really make much sense. The Phazon meteor crashed onto the planet hundreds if not thousands of years ago, long before there were Metroids there. The Chozo lore you find seems to imply there was a creature ("the worm") inside it spreading Phazon, although they could've been talking metaphorically about Phazon itself (which is mentioned to be semi-sentient).

When the Pirates came to the planet sometime before or shortly after events of Metroid 1/Zero Mission, they brought Metroids with them.
In the Pirate logs in the original release it was mentioned they discovered MP while digging around the impact crater and captured it, and discovered that it was somewhat similar to Metroids (which is why they named it "Metroid Prime") and ate Phazon. Then it escaped, incorporated some Pirate weapons into its exoskeleton, and somehow ended up back in the crater. This caused a plothole since the impact crater is supposed to have been sealed with a force field (which the logs also mention the Pirates being unable to penetrate), which is why you need to collect the Chozo artefacts to turn the shield off before you can kill MP. So how did it get out and back in without anybody noticing? They retconned those Pirate logs in the EU version, as well as the later releases (such as the trilogy release for Wii), but that ended up causing other plotholes.

I'd otherwise say MP is a completely unrelated lifeform to Metroids that just happens to be similar enough that the Pirates drew connection between the two and named it after Metroids, but then there's Metroids in MP's lair and it spawns Metroids during the fight, so who knows what's up?

Also in MP3, on the Phazon planet you can see husks of the Leviathans' larval forms, which looks suspiciously like the shell of Metroid Prime's first form. No idea where does that fit in.
>>
>>50324651
After so long being the dominant species in the galaxy, they decided that it was time for them to take a step back and let someone else take the wheel. Many of them ascended, and the rest of them became pacifists. They abandoned most of their tech and lived out the rest of their race's days as an old semi-druidic philosophers, guiding the younger races. The chozo who raised Samus were amongst the last in existence. Iirc, they trained her to be the last "chozo" warrior, a being to defend the galaxy in their absence.
>>
>>50324762
I think the shells on Phaaze (which I recall having logs directly comparing them to Metroid Prime) could mean one of two things:

>There were metroids on Phaaze, and MP was their natural evolution, and thus the one of Tallon was likely sent with the leviathan
or
>Dark Samus brought the blueprint of its original form to grow an army of itself

As for the logs in MP1, the US and PAL versions had entirely different logs describing how the Pirates found Metroid Prime. I think the Trilogy rerelease made one version canon.
>>
Ahh, if there's one thing I love about /tg/, it's one of the few places I can talk about Metroid lore in detail and most of the people know what they're talking about. It's refreshing.
>>
>>50324762
>>50324859
Found the relevant logs.

In the PAL release (and Trilogy rerelease), the log about the pirates finding Prime and outfitting it was replaced with the following:

>Impact Crater

Log 11.156.9

Investigations into a possible ingress point for the impact crater continue to meet with failure. The shield of strange energy that protects it is impermeable, and all attempts to tunnel past it have proved fruitless. Our continued futility in this matter is made all the more significant in light of the recent life form readings we've discovered emanating from deep within the crater. Analysis of the readings indicates that a massive creature is gestating there, absorbing enormous amounts of Phazon from the Phazon core at the heart of the impact crater. This discovery makes accessing the crater doubly important - not only will it open the door to the vast deposits of Phazon within, but it will also lead us to this creature, whatever it may be.
>>
File: the metroid prime.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
the metroid prime.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>>50324602
>The Phazon meteor crashed onto the planet hundreds if not thousands of years ago, long before there were Metroids there.

Retcons and stuff put the impact at either 50, 20, or an unspecified numbers of years prior. 20 makes the most sense due to that being around the time Chozo created Metroids.

>The Chozo lore you find seems to imply there was a creature ("the worm") inside it spreading Phazon

Prime 3 reveals that to be the Leviathan, the living creature inside all Phazon meteors. After impact they usually corrupt a local creature as a Guardian and then die, but it's implied the Metroid Prime ate and absorbed it.

It's possible (though unlikely, I admit) the Talon IV Chozo had their own Metroids with them and the Leviathan got one of those before the Cipher went up.
>>
>>50324728
Wasn't her other dad a bonafide badass though? Grey Voice or something?
>>
>>50325319
Yup. Iirc, he kicked Mother Brain's ass and fought Ridley, before Ridley killed him.
>>
File: birdmagic.jpg (187KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
birdmagic.jpg
187KB, 720x479px
>>50325319
He was, but iirc it wasn't a genetic modification but a psionic one. In the Manga, Old Bird says that the Chozo created a mental block that causes them extreme pain when they even think about violence. Grey Voice had it too, but he didn't give a shit and fought both Mother Brain and Ridley despite the fact he was getting mindfucked by psychic agony the entire time.
>>
>>50325545
So that's why Samus is a baddass. Her genetic dad was a based ass-kicker.
>>
File: f17.jpg (655KB, 900x1553px) Image search: [Google]
f17.jpg
655KB, 900x1553px
>>50325604
>Badass father
>Modified DNA to made her stronger than normal humans
>Trained by highly advanced bird people
>Gets a suit of powered armor that may be one of the most advances pieces of technology in the galaxy
>>
>>50320714
Wasn't a draw anon working on a pic of them awhile ago?
>>
>>50324396
>Pirates are kind of dumb.
TUUUUUBES
>>
>>50320714
Doomguy would make a great daddy, he has strong morals and would never let anyone harm his little baby, and if anyone did you know there would be hell to pay
>>
>>50325692
The Zero Suit is the worst, and its increasing prominence over the years fuckin sucked.

All the stuff that is just workout gear looks so much better
>>
File: file.png (586KB, 600x693px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
586KB, 600x693px
>Suddenly remember being 13
>suddenly remember the idea of wanting to make a comic of Samus turning into a metroid due to metroid dna infusion
FUCK.
>>
>>50325804
I honestly find Fusion really dumb and its plot bullshit a negative thing overall in relation to Samus
>>
>>50325747
yeah, he's also making a new one because he wasn't happy with the old one. Here's hoping we can summon him
>>
>>50325828
I didn't mind it, really. And the game was really fun.
>>
>>50318022
I don't get the end. Was the interviewer a member of Samus's legion?
>>
>>50325804
Mein Negro.
>>
>>50325951
Anon, its inspired by a series of writefaggotries of the Blood Raven beings 'gifted' Bjorn of the Space Wolves, the oldest of all dreadnoughts, who is telling them this story
>>
File: love2.png (1MB, 2200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
love2.png
1MB, 2200x1600px
>>50325852
Update.

Sorry for the slow update. It's hard to find time between work and holiday commitments/birthdays.
>>
>>50317998
I think she'd be considered an abhuman, at worst.
>>
>>50326124
With baited breath
>>
File: 1421008351303.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1421008351303.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>50321583
Hey anon, thought you'd like that image in a bigger resolution
>>
If Samus is part metriod now, does that mean she will slowly mutate over time? Metroids are highly mutagenic after all.
>>
File: 1376763467402.gif (2MB, 357x238px) Image search: [Google]
1376763467402.gif
2MB, 357x238px
>>50326925
According to Sakamoto, when Samus absorbed the SA-X she reset her genetics. It's how she was able to use the ice beam.

It's not official until we get a new game, but you better hope he's not at the helm when it happens.
>>
File: Metroid suit.png (323KB, 1032x967px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid suit.png
323KB, 1032x967px
>>50326925
Not sure. But awhile ago I found this cool concept someone did of a metroid suit. Wish I could find the original artist to see if he/she finished it.
>>
>>50327077
Has Sakamoto just gone senile? Why did the quality of Metroid games suddenly drop with Other M?
>>
>>50327231
metroid is apparently not as popular in japan,especially prime because japs hate FPS games.
>>
File: Sakamoto a shit.png (860KB, 840x656px) Image search: [Google]
Sakamoto a shit.png
860KB, 840x656px
>>50327077
>>50327231
>Sakamoto
>>
>>50327272
The Japanese have shit taste.
>>
>>50323597
She would be welcomed by the Greater Good.
>>
>>50327719

The American idea of 100% completion is "You explored and found everything."

The Japanese idea of 100% completion is "You did everything correctly."

It's a complete difference in their national outlooks.
>>
>>50328295
>The American idea of 100% completion is "You explored and found everything."
>The Japanese idea of 100% completion is "You did everything correctly."
Care to go into more detail?
>>
>>50328319
We wanna meet cool aliens to be bros with but we can't even figure out how the fucking Japanese work.
>>
>>50328319

That's pretty much all there is. Americans love games in the same vein as the manifest destiny - head out there and explore. Sometimes you'll find cool stuff. You'll meet a lot of new people. The path you take is based on your choice and your choice alone. Multiple endings. Self imposed challenges. Sequence Breaking. That sort of thing.

Japanese games tend towards railroads. Made the "wrong" choice? BUT THOU MUST. Screw something up? Punishment by BAD END. You play the game and act as society expects you to act, and put aside your own personal feelings for the good of everyone else. The narrative is more concise and focused, and some argue deeper, but your own choice has nothing to do with it - you are doing only what you are supposed to do.
>>
Alright, quick question. Which metroid game was the best, according to /tg/?

I say Super Metroid for SNES, but Metroid 2 for Gameboy Color comes in a close second.
>>
>>50328471

Metroid Prime series by far, followed by AM2R
>>
>>50328471
Metroid Prime Trilogy, since it contains 3 of the best games ever made.

Barring that cop-out, Metroid Prime 1, because it is objectively one of the best games ever made.
>>
>>50328564
>>50328523
But Metroid Prime was really shit.
>>
File: 1462389471175.jpg (64KB, 332x346px) Image search: [Google]
1462389471175.jpg
64KB, 332x346px
If you ignore the bait, it will go away eventually.
>>
File: Space Pirate_Trooper-Echos.png (658KB, 729x992px) Image search: [Google]
Space Pirate_Trooper-Echos.png
658KB, 729x992px
>>50328523
>>50328564
I've only played Prime 2, but it was amazing, I loved its generic space pirate the most
>>
>>50328471
Super Metroid.
>>
>>50317897
Initially considered a mutant and Xeno collaborator. Later changed to Abhuman after surviving an exterminatus on the world that was desperately attempting to hold her.
>>
>>50321583
I'd do it like Chapter One of the All Guardsman's Party: run with the Only War source books & system with the lore fluffed out to Metroid specs: GalFed regiment on a colony world. Space Pirates attack. More space pirates attack. Space pirates call in a few Mecha Riply bombing runs. Once the Regiment runs to 50% strength, cal in the reserves, higher level mooks, to bring the regiment back to 80%. Grind them down again.
When the GalFed drop to 20%, the Pirates will fuck off, and the true terror begins: Cloned Metroids.
Once the remaining GalFed drop to 5%, Command orders a collapsing defense to some point behind the lines. When the numbers hit 2% or less, have them evac and see how may make it back to the fleet alive.
If I were going to have a Samus cameo, this would be it - the survivors see her ship descending into the hellhole, maybe hear over the squad channel the command has passed the buck - again.
Those lucky few who made it get upgraded into the GalFed Commandos, maybe get some PED Marine suits, and sent out to do the Metroidvania crawl for some kind of maguffin or protection detail for scientific personnel exploring ancient ruins or raiding a space pirate research base.
>>
>>50328826
The grenadiers and commandos were okay too but I liked the pincer the best.
>>
>>50328471
Haven't played any of the 3D games, but of the side-scrollers Super Metroid. Had a go at emulating Prime and it seems fun but it's hell to play without a controller or mouse integration.
>>
>>50317897
I'd be surprised if any Inquisitor can take a look at her without getting so horny they'd execute themselves for Slaanesh worship.
>>
>>50328957
Ah they don;t have a system for mouse stuff yet?
>>
>>50328905
>>
>>50329018
Some shit I came across literally just a few minutes ago on a completely unrelated search.
>>
>>50321532
If someone in 40k could physically manifest biological (yet... also technological sort of?) armor at will, would that fall under the jurisdiction of the admech or whatever branch of the Inquisition deals with mutants?
>>
>>50328975
No, but I'll probably figure out more about it later.
>>
>>50329090
Whoever got to it first, and then they would do their best to keep it a secret and their own property. Also that would be Ordo Hereticus.
>>
>>50329090
Biological armor does sound like something out of the dark age of technology.
>>
>>50329217
>tfw you will never see Squats or Interex in bio-armor
>>
>>50329090
Well there are psychic powers that sorta do that.
>>
>>50328471
I'm for Super Metroid as well.
With Zero Mission my second.
>>
>>50329198
What would they do with it? I imagine admech would be itching to classify it as tech heresy.
>>
>>50325804
s-same.

A queen too
>>
>>50328674
While I respect your right to have an opinion, I respectfully disagree. I don't even like FPS games, but these I made an exception for. I likely wouldn't have bothered if I didn't like Super Metroid so much, but in short order of awesomeness:

Scan visor, which tells you everything you would want to know about the environment, and the creatures in it, NOTHING has done this again, and it infuriates me, because it's such a wonderful storytelling mechanic.

Chozo lore. Delicious Chozo lore.

Details on how samus' suit works, the X-ray visor showing inside the cannon was an excellent touch.

overall great design and atmosphere from beginning to end.

I would have preferred a third person shooter (half the appeal is the armor and how awesome Samus looks when kicking ass) but I was really happy regardless.
>>
File: FEED US WITH BLOOD!.jpg (246KB, 620x672px) Image search: [Google]
FEED US WITH BLOOD!.jpg
246KB, 620x672px
>>50329332
>>50325804
>>
>>50329348
The atmosphere in Prime just wouldn't have been the same in third person, though.
>>
>>50329381
Plus, the contrast between first-person shooting and third-person morph ball helped to vary things up.
>>
>>50329381
Yeah, you feel much more immersed looking up and having the rain splash down on your visor and stuff.
>>
>>50329381
Granted, not the same. The visor frosting up in the cold, the reflection on the inside of the glass and Sam looks somewhat concerned, little things all count, but I honestly think it could have worked out as a TPS.
>>
>>50325993
ohhhh

shit, I think I got it now
>>
File: 1366335032031.jpg (140KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1366335032031.jpg
140KB, 750x750px
>>50321492
>Even if she wasn't allowed, I'd like to see the Imperium try to stop her.
>u fucking wot mate?
>>
>>50327231

Waifuism.

No, seriously. The entire problem is that Sakamoto seems to have progressively stopped seeing Metroid as a series for other people and Samus as a protagonist, and started seeing Metroid as His Thing, and Samus as His Waifu.

This is a man that actually spent time, in an interview, for an actual gaming magazine, to brag that he knew where Samus had a beauty mark, and players didn't. Don't tell me that kind of shit wouldn't trigger multiple That Guy alerts in your head if a player came to you saying that kind of shit.
>>
>>50327231
The guy just has a severe case of the waifu, and unfortunately has the power to warp Samus into it, regardless of how utterly retarded it makes the plot and characters
>>
File: 1352667060975.jpg (60KB, 263x288px) Image search: [Google]
1352667060975.jpg
60KB, 263x288px
>>50329486
>to brag that he knew where Samus had a beauty mark, and players didn't.
>>
>>50329490
>>50329486
God damn, so ronery game developer gets waifu syndrome with Samus and begins warping her character to suit his ideals rather than just writing a good character and fapping at home like a respectable human being
>>
>>50317897
Samus has already exterminatus'd hostile xenos.

As for her DNA, other inquisitors do much worse on the down low so Samus just has to say they are "augments" and call it a day.

I can see rogue trader or Inquisition suiting her.
>>
>>50329506

Not only her, at that.

Compare manga Adam Malkovich, hardass commander with a reasonable core, with Other M Adam Malkovich, Marty Stu Supreme and Center of Samus's Universe.

You can tell which character Sakamoto was self-inserting into. Hint: it's not the actual player character.
>>
>>50329473
Metroid 1: operational site eradicated of all life, offensive or otherwise.

Metroid 2: objective completed, species-wide extinction complete

Metroid prime: operational site eradicated of all life, offensive or otherwise.

Prime 2: destroyed an entire alternate dimension, an entire planet included

Super: entire planet destroyed, collateral one space colony.

Prime 3: 3 meteors (by my count?) and a planet destroyed

Fusion: Space colony crashed into a planet, destroying both.

other M: Lets just not talk about this one...

But yeah, I think she's pretty much ready for anything the imperium could dish out.
>>
>>50329486
>This is a man that actually spent time, in an interview, for an actual gaming magazine, to brag that he knew where Samus had a beauty mark, and players didn't.
He's basically smugly telling the players "she's mai waifu now, and there is nothing you can do about it, I know things about her you never will"
>>
>>50329528
>Metroid prime: operational site eradicated of all life, offensive or otherwise.

What, no. Tallon is in fact thriving now. Samus clearly deemed it salvageable. She only cleansed the Meteor Crater.
>>
File: MTIwNjA4NjMzODE2OTA5MzI0.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjMzODE2OTA5MzI0.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>50329523
Remember that Samus only does things with his approval, even to the point of her dying.

That's some serious domination power fantasy he's got going on there. Mix it in with a bit of an electra complex since he's a bit of a father figure to her.
>>
>>50329528
Not saying Samus isn't a force to be reckoned with, just think its important to realize that in raw firepower she is outmatched by a single Imperium battleship.

That and the Imperium has specialists dedicated to taking out threats similar to her.
>>
>>50329556
>there will never be a "samus vs the imperium" fangame with twin stick aim support
>>
>>50329536
That's what I meant, as opposed to destroying the planet. Wasn't the crater and the surrounding area of the chozo colony destroyed?
>>
File: greenpeace.jpg (191KB, 1600x840px) Image search: [Google]
greenpeace.jpg
191KB, 1600x840px
>>50329528
She's a danger to the environment.
>>
>>50329506

Yup. And I mean, I don't mind small doses of waifuism and creator favoritism, it can happen to anyone, but this is just ridiculous.

And let's not even get into the incredibly fucked up, emotionally abusive relationship between Samus and Adam, because holy shit that was pretty fucked up and I'm 90% sure it wasn't meant to be fucked up, that's just how Sakamoto views paternalism.
>>
>>50329615

In fairness, generally speaking the places where she goes to, the environment is a danger to her right back.
>>
>>50329615
>ICS hasn't drawn any of his weird horrifying bullshit of Metroid

I'm simultaneously relieved and disappointed.
>>
File: sigmund-freud-photo.jpg (52KB, 330x363px) Image search: [Google]
sigmund-freud-photo.jpg
52KB, 330x363px
>>50329622
>paternalism
>mixed with waifuism
>he sees himself as the father figure Adam and Samus as his waifu
>>
>>50329615
So those protesters are how close to death right now?
>>
>>50329661

Probably not very. Samus was raised by transcendent bird monks. She probably has enough patience to drown an Angry Marine.
>>
>>50329653

Yes, Mr Freud, I know. You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>50329681
>transcendent bird monks
Fair point, that would probably insulate her rather well against chaos.
>>
File: samus_collection.jpg (651KB, 1000x2952px) Image search: [Google]
samus_collection.jpg
651KB, 1000x2952px
>>50329652
He seems to be more interested in Metroid's story, it's weird. The guy's art is a minefield but the Metroid stuff is always tame as shit.
>>
>>50329721
The guy seems to get Metroid better than almost any other artist out there but my alternate shadow self is still like "where's the weird porn"
>>
>>50329705
>Highly advanced Xeno race devastated by the Age of Strife tampers with a potential Primarch to create an even greater warrior
How was this never used on 40k?
>>
>>50329721

I love that last part. "Well of course I went in alone, if I took more people they might have gotten hurt!"

And I mean, seeing how she got her parents killed and everyone she knew and loved exterminated, TWICE, you'd probably forgive her for being a tad overly cautious with the people around her.
>>
>>50329721
>That second to last panel
The feels are real. That sense of loss. No one will ever get or truly respect what the Chozo were.
>>
>>50329785
It's pretty fucking adorable, too. Especially since she seems to have been roughed up herself.
>>
>>50329721
Pretty sure he did a comic years ago where Samus lays a bunch of metroid eggs.
>>
>>50329785
This is the thing about Samus that makes me love the character. She needs money to survive, but almost never actually charges anyone, that I can tell. Zero mission was the only thing I can tell she got paid for. M2? That was tying up loose ends, making sure the pirates didn't just go grab more metroids.

Super? Vendetta.
prime? distress signal got her into the mess, leading again, back to vendetta.
Prime 2? tracked some Galfed, saw someone that needed help.
Prime 3 she MIGHT have been paid for, if Galfed didn't charge her for the "upgrades" to her suit that nearly killed her.

Point being the vast majority of shit she's done has been for no geater reason than "someone needed help", or "they would have hurt someone later", she's a genuinely good person, and yet most people in the galaxy fear her by reputation.

"Hey, the Zebes conflict is over"

"finally broke through the blockade, did we?"

"No, command called in a specialist."

"wat. did we pay a ransom?"

"no. One man flew a stealth fighter in, and three hours later, the entire operational theater was a crater."

and this has happened multiple times. Most people in the federation don't know Samus, she's a rumor, an urban legend, addressed as easily as "classified, above your paygrade", and dismissed, spoken of in hushed whispers, but she would rather go it alone than risk anyone else getting hurt. She would rather not get paid to do a good thing than be wealthy and know someone good died for it.
>>
>>50329895
Prime 2's opening intro says that it was a job given to her by the GF, since those marines got stranded there. She definitely got paid, but most of the stuff was done for her own survival and her personal feelings about the Luminoth as another ancient race on the brink of extincton.

And she definitely got paid for 2 as well--the GF sent squads there and they never returned, so they contacted Samus to do the job.

3 and Fusion are the same in that she technically gets paid but all of that money goes toward the stuff the GF forced on her.
>>
File: Protect_the_Light.jpg (331KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
Protect_the_Light.jpg
331KB, 600x750px
>>50329928
Prime 2 was an odd case where Samus was paid to locate the remains of a GF squad, but then decided to single handedly push back a planetary war that had already been lost, annihilate another Space Pirate phazon operation, save a precursor race almost as old as the Chozo, and destroy an alternate dimension.

>Okay, Samus, thanks for eradicating the Ing, destroying Dark Aether, securing diplomatic ties with the Luminoth, and disrupting Space Pirate plans
>Here's your payment for finding the lost Marines
>>
>>50330003
Good thing Samus doesn't have to buy ammo.
>>
>>50330014
Fuel's gotta be fucking expensive with all the flying around she does, though

Nevermind maintenance on that ship
>>
>>50317897
Be nice to the poor girl. Samus got CLUCKED
>>
File: 0817-metroid-mercurysteam-spot2.jpg (332KB, 1280x883px) Image search: [Google]
0817-metroid-mercurysteam-spot2.jpg
332KB, 1280x883px
I'm really interested in Metroid's lore but I only know bits and pieces from reading the wiki and threads like this. Is there some kind of recommended reading list for a more in depth understanding the world?
>>
>>50329750
Much of 40k is like that.
>>
>>50330117
Read the 2004 Metroid manga, it's about as close to canon as any out-of-game stuff gets (panels of the comic appear in Zero Mission) and goes into Samus' backstory and why she is what she is. http://metroid.retropixel.net/features/comics/metroidmanga/

I would also suggest playing the Prime games. Most of the actual worldbuilding happens in those and they're great. You can emulate them if you have a half-decent computer, or if on the off-chance you have a Wii U you can get the trilogy digitally for like $20. There might be good LPs of them out there, too. Or you could look up the log entries yourself, they're probably on Metroid Database.
>>
File: bird cloaca.png (415KB, 1312x988px) Image search: [Google]
bird cloaca.png
415KB, 1312x988px
>>50330058
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>50330117
Play the games.
>>
>Samus was the first truly significant female (human) protagonist
>was raised by two bird dads
>was a military woman in ground combat roles decades before it was regularly allowed in real life militaries

Is Metroid the most progressive series of its time?
>>
>>50330117
Metroid Prime games are the best if you want the lore. AM2R is also good about this.
>>
>>50330166
I prefer Aliens. It spawned both Metroid & Doom.
>>
>>50330166
Yes, and some people also claim Samus is a post op. I wish I was making this up.
>>
>/v/ can't go 10 posts without it devolving into "Hurr Metroid is autism!" "Prime is shit" Other M is shit" etc. and just porn images.
>/tg/ has a sensible 155 post discussion about the lore and theories etc.

I love this board.
>>
>>50330218
Unlike /v/, /tg/ actually has some standards.
>>
File: 1310497838505.jpg (90KB, 535x798px) Image search: [Google]
1310497838505.jpg
90KB, 535x798px
>>50330205
>wimmin can be stronk too!!!11!!1!1
>actual iconic strong women need to be trannies aka it's actually men who are the strong ones
Hilarious how they undermine their own cause.

>Samus is stronk woman for ages
>Iconic woman of a generation
>"Girls still don't like video games, but boys fap to her, what do?"
>"Claim she's a tranny."
>Back to square one because nobody gave a single fuck before
>>
File: the guns.png (93KB, 593x566px) Image search: [Google]
the guns.png
93KB, 593x566px
>>50330166
>Is Metroid the most progressive series of its time?
It really was.

Unfortunately the stuff about how she was raised and who raised her didn't show up as lore until the game that started her transformation into standard waifu bait.

But at the same, she was one of the first female video game protagonist, and kicked huge amounts of ass to boot. And up until Other M destroyed her character, she was still a massive bad-ass even with the zero suit around, well-written and subtly portrayed even when Fusion gave her a "voice."

The games also made strong, dominant women my fetish.
>>
>>50330271
Ms Pac-Man came first but are we really going to count Ms. Fucking Pac-Man as a female character
>>
>>50330150
>infused with ayylmao bird DNA
>never said it was female

She has a duck penis, doesn't she.
Jesus christ the horror
>>
>>50330150
Better than BLACKED
>>
>>50330166
Yep.
Later on, you'd start to see more focus on female characters in games.

>>50330270
>Strong women need to be trannies
I find it funny that whoever had that line of thought might actually have believed it was solid.
Straight up woman or not, perversion doesn't care so long as it fits in the slot. If Samus was a tranny, that wouldn't stop a loooooooot of people.
>>
File: 3YFBNcO.jpg (1MB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3YFBNcO.jpg
1MB, 850x1200px
>>50330271
I don't think the Zero Suit itself is to blame for the waifuing. Before Zero Mission, Samus' undersuit outfit changed every game, and I think it just might have faded out or gone back to the bikini or shorts/top combo and only occasionally resurfaced as a general full body undersuit concept. Perhaps in different colors.

The thing that changed was Brawl, which put unarmored Samus on everyone's radar and used the Zero Suit to do it. It exploded and cemented the idea of the Zero Suit forever, and got every game afterward to comply. I firmly believe that if the Zero Laser never existed (and why should it when the Hyper Beam exists?) the porn of ZSS would not have skyrocketed like it did. A niche would remain for the latex suit, but I doubt the Zero Suit would have stuck around for quite so long.
>>
>>50330316
Actually her bird genes are canonically from her bird dad gray voice so yeah, it is from a male
Still a BIRD CLOACA though

>>50330377
The rocket heels were really the only point where I said "okay, over the line"
>>
File: samus is an artist.png (38KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
samus is an artist.png
38KB, 240x160px
>>50330316
According to the manga, Samus' DNA donor was one of her two bird daddies. Specifically, Grey Voice.

She does indeed have male bird DNA inside her.
>>
>>50329486
>Players see Samus' face in reasonable detail over the course of several games >>50325692
>The mole ends up being on her face in plain view

It's just such a weird decision.
>>
>>50330395
>>50330401
And you have DNA from both your father and mother, so... not actually relevant?
>>
>>50330444
feather pubes
>>
>>50330451
Birds of a feather, anon.
>>
File: 1471101893132.jpg (340KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1471101893132.jpg
340KB, 557x605px
>>50330150
>>
>>50330401
>>50330316
>>50330395
This thread is giving me interesting ideas! Too bad this thread will die before I can draw any of them.

>>50330377
>that brawl paragraph
I never thought about that, that's actually... kind of neat? I would've preferred workout gear Samus over the years though, since it shows her as actually being athletic instead of "generic woman-shape."
>>
File: still got.jpg (429KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
still got.jpg
429KB, 1200x1200px
>>50330678
not if you start drawing RIGHT NOW
>>
>>50327077
Sakamoto is a shit but Samus being part-human, part-chozo AND part-metroid is pretty dumb to carry beyond the one game.
>>
>>50330703
Already drawing something else, just had the thread open and updated it.
>>
File: There's so much of this.jpg (415KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
There's so much of this.jpg
415KB, 1200x1200px
>>50330724
Then draw faster, clearly
>>
File: dob.jpg (217KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
dob.jpg
217KB, 800x588px
>>50329523
>>50329506
You're just hatin because you don't like a woman to have actual emotions!
>>
>>50330790
That fuck would love anything as long as it's wearing an inflatable latex-esque suit.
>>
>>50330790
Is this the fedora bear guy?
>>
File: Tompreston_raisins.png (15KB, 619x246px) Image search: [Google]
Tompreston_raisins.png
15KB, 619x246px
>>50330813
Yes.
>>
>>50330790
Right, throwing myself on the troll landmine here:

The problem isn't 'Samus shows emotion', it's 'Samus acts like a retard because a man didn't give her express permission to use life saving equipment.'
>>
>>50330891
Also "Samus descends into a PTSD fugue when faced with an enemy she has butchered three times going on four (plus one if you include the robot duplicate)".
>>
Would Samus have been better as a redhead instead of a blonde? Or do you prefer her as a greenhead?

>>50330271
Hah Awkward Zombie is pretty good, one of the webcomics I still check regularly.

>>50320714
Oh so Modern Doomguy is her new lover?
I've only seen the old stuff pairing her with Master Chief and Iron Man.

>>50327719
Don't the Japanese sperg out at her being a bounty hunter as well? Because its "not honnribu".

>>50328905
I wouldn't mind the Feds getting more focus player-wise, just not so much in a jokey chibi multiplayer game.
>>
>>50330980
I'm too used to the blonde now.

Also "samus gets paid to kill things" is too non-waifu and not kid friendly, I guess. Even though Captain Falcon does the same with a car and a much more realistic gun.
>>
>>50318022
Oh fuck Christ that was good.
>>
>>50330790
I forgot how much of an inflated opinion this asshole has of himself
>>
>>50331075
>Other M
Oh, boy, that fucking trainwreck.

- 2D control scheme in a 3D game.
- Linear railroad - in a franchise that prizes itself for its focus on exploration.
- Hybrid TPS/FPS mechanic, where you need to go into first person view just to fire a fucking missile.
- Minimap with a radar showing the secrets' location - in a franchise that prizes itself on exploration.
- Fucking pixel hunts.
- TWO FUCKING HOURS WORTH OF SHITTY UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES IN A GAME THAT PRIZES ITSELF ON BEING GAMEPLAY-FOCUSED, LIKE, HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

There's a lot more that makes Other M shitty, but if you want to me be to concise - imagine Baldur's Gate. Now turn it into the most cliche linear jRPG, something like "Tales of" franchise.
That's what Other M did to Metroid franchise.
>>
>>50331215
I don't really have any problem with cutscenes as long as they're skippable and good, and even then not being skippable doesn't usually bug me if the gameplay surrounding it is good and it maintains pacing

I mean MGS4 has two hour cutscenes. Not split apart, just two hour cutscenes
>>
>>50331240
What's fine for MGS is not acceptable for Metroid.
When you're playing MGS, you know you're going in for "codec simulator" experience.
>>
>>50331263
Oh no Other M's are trash
>>
>>50331272
I'm just saying, mate.
It could've been much better if it was just a straight 2D experience with 3D graphics, no cutscenes, no excessive dialogue, no bullshit. Instead we got what we got. At least we still have AM2R-- whoops.
>>
>>50331284
Reminder that nintendo took it down on metroid's birthday
>>
File: samusisagirl.jpg (93KB, 640x342px) Image search: [Google]
samusisagirl.jpg
93KB, 640x342px
>>
>>50331284
If Other M was just a 3D remake of Super Metroid where using the X-ray scope put you into first-person view, that would have been pretty cool

Just as long as all of the combat was done in 2D, because the first-person missiles were utter trash
>>
File: 250px-PFUB2.png (84KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
250px-PFUB2.png
84KB, 250x188px
>>50325767
seconded
You saw what he did when demons killed his pet rabbit.
Imagine what he'd do if someone hurt his kid!
and Samus too?
fuck
>Timmy, do you know why I called you into my office?
>...no.
>Don't you lie to me, Timmy, several teachers saw you push down miss Guy-Aran at recess.
>she was being a doody head!
>God damn your eyes, Timmy, can't you see you've killed us all? When you are judged before the gates of heaven are you going to tell Saint Peter that death itself was "being a doody head!?"
>>
>>50330270
Pretty sure I'd still copulate with trans Seamus, m8
>>
>>50331387
I don't think anyone could hurt Samus.
>>
>>50331530
I meant that samus would also treat threats to her offspring harshly
sorry if my syntax was confusing
>>
>>50331553
Samus had pretty good bird parents, I imagine she would have a good understanding over what constitutes a real threat to her offspring and what is just kids being kids
>>
>>50331553
>Samus went on a murderous rampage after an insect-like monster that imprinted on her as a mother was killed
>Doomguy went on a murderous rampage after some demons killed his pet rabbit

Imagine if their actual blood got hurt or killed.

>>50331568
I wonder sometimes if Samus would have some social issues as a result of being raised as the literal only child and only human in a culture of pacifist alien monks.
>>
>>50331568
yeah probably
at least I didn't make a THE BABY joke
>>50331574
>Samus went on a murderous rampage after an insect-like monster that imprinted on her as a mother was killed
she was gonna murder those guys for way better reasons anyway, the metroid just happened to deliver her a fresh and tasty new murder beam to do it with
and it was pretty much a bro
>>
I could see both doomguy and samus being traitor primarchs because of both tech heresy, and that they copulated, meaning the Emps had to send them away for a couple years to birth and raise, but they just never came back
>>
>>50331574
>I wonder sometimes if Samus would have some social issues as a result of being raised as the literal only child and only human in a culture of pacifist alien monks.

That's how I played her when she was an NPC in an RPG I was doing. I figured being raised by transcendant magical birds probably gives one a pretty philosophical view of life, but probably also some troubles with connecting to normal people.
>>
>>50331699
How do you figure Samus reacts to catcallers?
>>
>>50331628
But then it's incest
>>
File: 482px-HRtittymonster.png (271KB, 482x599px) Image search: [Google]
482px-HRtittymonster.png
271KB, 482x599px
>>50332087
You mean wincest.
>>
>>50332087
Incest is alright when you're a demigod, isn't it?
>>
>>50332295
Only if they're not genetically similar, nor raised as siblings. Since they were pretty much grown in a vat from a pile of hyper complex geneseed and grew up on different planets, it probably doesn't count as incest.
>>
>>50332295
I can't think of a single mythology where nobody banged their sister at least once.
>>
>>50332417
Christianity?
>>
>>50332491
The God banged his mom to give birth to himself there, though.
>>
>>50332523
That's not incest, because he wasn't related to jeezus mom.
>>
>>50332491
>in the beginning there was only Adam and Eve
Nah senpai someone fucked their sister at some point in there.
>>
>>50332584
In any case, monotheistic religions are averse to divine sex in general, because having sex with someone either means he's accepting the girl as his equal, which is a no-go in monotheism, or means he raped someone, which is usually against tenets of the religion, seeing how the God would knowingly causing suffering this way.
>>
>>50329681
Yeah seriously. I mean, every time she does anything mildly annoying, she'd have to deal with an hour of random, angry squawks.
>>
>>50329826
I think it's some weird harry potter parody.
>>
>>50332804
My body needs some well written stories of young Samus growing up with two bird dads. One, a kind and wise grandpa figure. The other, a stern and strict veteran who Samus constantly feels the urge to rebel against and is her actual genetic bird daddy.
>>
>>50330023
Ship is probably Chozo, too.
>>
>>50332866
Iirc, didn't she design and build all of her ships?
>>
File: ripley.jpg (151KB, 634x966px) Image search: [Google]
ripley.jpg
151KB, 634x966px
>>50330202
yup
>>
> "It's a good character that kicks ass!"
> "Is he/she smug about kicking ass? No? Then let's make him/her a father/mother figure!"
Never change, /tg/.
>>
>>50329556
I think Samus' real value is in the fact that she packs so much ridiculous firepower into a suit so unbelievably good at guerilla-style fighting. On the one hand, yes, an Imperial battleship would annihilate her. On the other hand, if she got aboard said battleship, it is entirely reasonable to assume that it would be destroyed in short order.
>>
>>50330377
I agree that the Zero Suit isn't initially what caused people to waifu Samus. Wanting to waifu Samus is what caused the Zero Suit. Which is absolutely fucked if you think about it.
>>
>>50331215
>Isn't Tales like the one JRPG where you have to combo and dodge and shit instead of it just being a chill, turn-based spreadsheet simulator?
>>
>>50329571

Obligatory 'release the metroids from containment then kill absolutely everything' segment needed.
>>
>>50333088
Yes. It also has some of the most generic and bland story, characters, music, gameplay and graphics. It's so mediocre that there is literally nothing memorable about it.
>>
>>50333108
No, Samus. You ARE the xenos!
>>
>>50332897
I do not recall this, but I am too lazy to google it. Willing to be proven wrong, if you can, though.
>>
File: samus_zero_suit_.jpg (316KB, 628x1155px) Image search: [Google]
samus_zero_suit_.jpg
316KB, 628x1155px
>>50330980
>kneehigh high heeled boots
>boobplate
>on the fucking armor
I can deal with fetishbait on the zero suit, but why do people have to sexualise the armor? I actually like this redesign otherwise.
>>
>>50332966
++FILES RETRIEVED++
[EXCEPT FROM INTERCEPTED TAU TRANSMISSIONS]

TIMESTAMP: 0304 TERRAN STANDARD
Shas'ui, [(STATIC)]ave been boarded by a commando team, orig[(STATIC)] unknown. They have[(STATIC)]our engines and disabled internal surveillance, but have been contained within the engineering [(STATIC)] their ship has been secured.

TIMESTAMP: 0315 TERRAN STANDARD
The boarders have escaped. We cannot be sure of how, [(STATIC)] are far more dangerous [(STATIC)] suspected. Reinforcements requested from [(STATIC)]. We will catch these intruders yet.

TIMESTAMP: 0331 TERRAN STANDARD
All ships, long-range communications [(STATIC)]. We can no longer request aid from [(STATIC)] and the intruders are moving towards [(STATIC)] with impunity. Internal surveillance has yet to be restored [(STATIC)] of how many [(STATIC)] to get aboard.

TIMESTAMP: 0353 TERRAN STANDARD
All ships, evasive maneuvers! [(STATIC)] and have turned our weapons upon friendly [(STATIC)], repeat, the boarders have fully compromised our computer systems and have turned our weapons upon friendly ships! All remaining cadres, prepare to [(STATIC)] the boarders may attempt to free the dissidents! For the Greater Good, do not allow them to free the traitors!

TIMESTAMP: 0367 TERRAN STANDARD
The traitors have been released! [(STATIC)] moving towards the armory, do not [(STATIC)] the Greater Good demands it!

TIMESTAMP: 0372 TERRAN STANDARD
By the Ethereals, it was never a commando team. It was one human. One human has [(STATIC)] our ship, freed traitors to the Greater Good, and killed [(STATIC)]

TIMESTAMP: 0381
We can't stop it! We can't stop it! Someone, he[(STATIC)]

[(END)]
INFORMATION REGARDS: [(ENTITY: HUNTER)], [(TAU)], [(XENOTECH)]
REQUEST ADDITIONAL ACCOUNTS?
>>
>>50333293
They just looked like 'Gundam Feet' to me.
>>
>>50332937
Ass-kickers can be parents too, they need to insure someone is around to kick ass long after they are gone.
>>
>>50333297
My dick is diamonds from this.
>>
>>50333297
>IoM contracts Samus to be to xenos as the grey knights are the daemons
Fund it.
>>
>>50328440
Continuing from this anon, it also gives rise to the different mindsets of videogame-design. You don't get JRPG-styled games in the west because the way people make and play games is different, just like you don't get things like Fallout (any of them, not just the most recent ones) in the East. JRPGs have characters that can be written with noticeable, even game-changing growth, because the designers KNOW when and how you're going to reach each point in the game. Western games can afford more variability in the world, because they can't be sure when you'll arrive somewhere or who (if anyone) is in your party.
>>
>>50333644
Samus would probably work for the Tau before Imperium, though
>>
>>50329849
Link it.
>>
File: SamusIsUnimpressed.jpg (35KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
SamusIsUnimpressed.jpg
35KB, 400x300px
>>50333687
Not when she inevitably finds out what they're doing behind closed doors to people that refuse to embrace their philosophy.
>>
>>50333719
She sure as heck wouldn't fight for the imperium, is what I'm saying.

Heck she betrayed and went rogue against the Federation. The Federation are much, MUCH less fucked up than the Imperium in the long run.
>>
>>50333687
Unless the Tau brought the Space Pirates into the fold.

Plus the IoM can offer more than the Tau with agreements not to bother the remaining chozo who happen to live on planet(s) within Imperial borders.
>>
>>50333662
>You don't get JRPG-styled games in the west because the way people make and play games is different,
What's funny is that Pokemon is extremely popular. Bit sad really.
>>
>>50333739
>IoM fucking extort Samus to keep her family alive

BAKA
>>
>>50332897
IIRC, according to Prime games, the ship in Prime 1 (which is only seen in that game and Hunters) is a standard Federation patrol craft, and the one in Prime 2, which looks to be the same ship she uses in every subsequent game up until Fusion, aside from Prime 3 where she randomly has a completely different looking ship, was custom built in a Federation shipyard to her specifications.

The ship she has in Zero Mission gets blown up, so I presume she bought the Prime 1 ship as a stopgag measure (not like she could keep flying in the Pirate escape craft she stole) and comissioned a new ship built specifically for her needs (Zero Mission ship got shot down by two Pirate fighters, so she'd probably need something tougher and more heavily armed). Presumably the Prime 3 ship represents her getting a newer, upgraded ship, but deciding to go back to the previous model after the events of the game.
>>
>>50333749
I didn't mean that like extortion wise. More like "The IoM seem pretty fucking likely to be willing to ignore a single planet with some xenos on it if it meant they could have someone as capable as Samus doing jobs for them".

Although that does still sound like extortion.
>>
>>50330790
Complete shit tier ta-

1776? Huh. Maybe there's a shred of Patrician in everyone.
>>
>>50333749
>Implying she wouldn't topple the Imperium if they threatened her family
>>
>>50333293
Joke's on you, women in highly practical armor is my fetish.

I'm actually dead serious. Boobplate is an outright turn-off for me.
>>
>>50333902
I dunno if Samus could get through the entire imperium.
>>
>>50333922
I assume you mean that in a sort of "heat death of the universe" sort of way? Because I think it's been well established Samus is more than powerful enough to take the IoM in the longrun.
>>
>>50333922

Probably not.

Now, murdering the High Lords of Terra after a series of awesome climactic battles, in retaliation, THAT is most certainly happening. Which would probably sort of topple the Imperium into a million fiefdoms and such bullshit.
>>
>>50333922
I bet she could at least reach the highlords.
>>
>>50333687
I could actually see Samus working in concert with an Inquisitor willing to compromise on the whole alien thing. She's too smart to not see Chaos for what it is, and there's no way she's enough of an idiot to think the Tau are going to accomplish anything against existential threats like the Tyranids, Necrons, and Chaos.
>>
>>50333965
>samus going after the best of the imperium in a blood rage

fund it
>>
>>50330950
It's actually not all that bad & people've explained this one hundreds of times. She's in an emotionally vulnerable state & established at the beginning of the game that she "finally" killed Ridley, with all the other cases being survivals. The latter was actually fits most of the Prime series. Meta Ridley was Ridley after Metroid 1/Zero Mission's asskicking & being rebuild before Ridley got healed by Phazon twice as just Meta Ridley (a bit a very organic one) & then Omega Ridley.
>>
>>50331978
She makes bizarre whistling bird calls back to anyonw wolf whistling.
They're actually incredibly vulgar Chozo insults.
>>
A couple of thoughts have popped up for me since we've been discussing Samus in W40k

1. Would it be a Samus raised in the w40k universe, and if so would Samus have lived on an imperial planet growing up with the Imperial Creed?
2. What do the Chozo think of the Emps and Samus' potential faith in him?
3. How shitty do the eldar feel about a race pretty much in the same boat as they are that aren't being total cunts about the whole thing
>>
>>
>>50334214
Does...does she have deet talons?

hot
>>
>>50334153
1. Samus would be a Lost Primarch & an attempt to avoid an entire sausagefest. She'd have her own Fortress-Monastery where she keeps all the weapons she forgets to take along every other game.

2. Unhappy at how humanity has become, at least they'll Exterminatus the X-Parasites rather than whatever the GF were planning.

3. Desperately trying to contain envy to avoid Slaanesh. Due to Samus' body, the amount of Vindicare falling for Farseers also decrease.
>>
>>50334214
Those feet remind me of metal gear.
>>
>>50334260
>where she keeps all the weapons she forgets to take along every other game

So, why do you have fifty freeze beam modules?
"I keep forgetting to bring one with me when I go out, so I grab one while I'm in the field before bringing it back here. And wouldn't you know it, I forget to bring it with me next time I leave."
>>
>>50334260
>Samus is the only human the Eldar deem evolved enough to breed with
>>
>>50334288
To be fair, if we go with the whole "magpies are Samus' legion" thing, then her armory is going to be full of shit anyways that ti's probably no wonder why she forgets to bring shit as she can't ever find shit in her collection.
>>
>>50333990
++VERIFYING CREDENTIALS++
++INQUISITORIAL AUTHORITY CONFIRMED++
++SECURE CONNECTION ESTABLISHED++
S,
My vox team nearly killed themselves laughing at the panic you sent the Tau into. You've more than earned your pay...but I assume you want it directed to the usual places. By the Throne, you'd be richer than the High Lords if you actually kept your fee...but I digress. F has informed me that what one of his contacts called a Chaos artifact was, in fact, a piece of Necron Technology. He's stalling for time, but some of my colleagues may be onto him. What's worse, F has predicted that the Necrons will arrive in only a few months. I need you to steal the artifact, find out what it is, and put it somewhere the Necrons can retrieve it. F will do what he can, but he will have to defer to the Ordo Xenos in matters involving the Necrons. Try to avoid any inquisitors, but none of the names F mentioned will be missed.

Good hunting and may the Emperor guide your aim,
H
>>
>>50334395
I know exactly why I have this boner.

Once I get my assignments for class done, I may have to try my hand at some writefaggotry of this as well. I'm half tempted to go for an Inquisitor using dubious means to summon both Samus and Doomguy from their timelines into 40k, but I have no idea if I could actually pull it off.
>>
>>50334395
Who's F and who's H?
>>
>>50334508
contacts not being named

generic characters
>>
>>50334565
Do they work for the Imperium? Are they Rogue Traders? Is Samus a RT?

I need this fanfiction bad
>>
>>50334612
I'm pretty sure H is an inquisitor.
>>
>>50334612
I didn't write it, I could just easily tell
>>
File: morphball octopus.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
morphball octopus.webm
2MB, 720x404px
Is Samus a good archetype to include in a story (as a major or a background character)?
How do you remove the more game-y aspects of her while still keeping the basics intact and interesting?
Could a character like her work well in a fantasy or modern setting?
>>
>>50333990
That'd have to be one hell of a radical inquisitor. Samus' is part Xeno, raised by Xenos, commits all kinds of Tech Heresy and more than a little mutated by her various antics throughout the games.

There's nothing in there the average inquisitor would be willing to overlook. And I doubt Samus would be willing to overlook the Imperium's tendencies either.
>>
> Ciaphas Cain meets Samus Aran
What happens?
>>
>>50334992
Anon,
Some of us are radical as hell.
H
>>
>>50334992
As bad as each party is by each other's standards, both are preferable to letting anything that would happen without both work together happen to random innocents.
>>50335033
He doesn't find out she's female till the very end. Is kinda scared of her all the while.
>>
>>50329473
>Eversor
>doing shit
1 couldn't even kill Farsight, it wouldn't be able to do shit to Samus.
>>
>>50334982
She's a wandering bounty hunter with alot of neat toys and some heart under all that armor meaning she could step in to help out the little guy in passing.

Also she has a hatred for a wandering criminal/bandit faction that took everything from her.
>>
>>50333743
Because Pokemon has social aspect to it.
You can brag about completing your Pokedex, or how you caught a shiny, or your special snowflake party that beats any other party, and actually fight it out with other people.
>>
>>50334992
There's no such thing as an average inquisitor, and some would go much much further than something like having this operative on call in their quest to crush the enemies of humanity
>>
>>50334982
>Put the Cephalopod in the coconut and shake 'em both together
>>
>>50335038
>Fringe Inquisitor named Adam secretly uses Imperial funds to hire Samus behind the rest of the Inquisition's back.
>Recruiting a heretic to annihilate tyrannical xenos to further human prosperity
>It's going well, until Samus (previously on the fringe of the Milky Way) discovers literally everything the Imperium does on a regular basis
>Samus turns on the Imperium
>now you have the dual conflict of the Imperium holding off Samus while Adam attempts to stay true to his values AND stop Samus AND avoiding detection by the Inquisition
Fund it
>>
>>50335116
>get in the coconut, squidji
>>
>>50334982
Samus is one of those characters who's kind of a mary sue but in a kind of inspiring and likable way

Don't make her a major character, have her appear in passing if she ever shows up
>>
File: 1415588425231.jpg (126KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1415588425231.jpg
126KB, 800x450px
>>50334982
It shouldn't be too difficult to translate Samus to a fantasy setting; her basic backstory isn't realy influenced by game mechanics at all.

>Born in small village
>Sole survivor of [primary setting antagonist]
>Rescued and raised by wise precursor race
>Enhanced to superhuman degree
>Trained to fight with armor, magic, and some melee
>Sole survivor again

Her more game-y aspects can just be included in magic stuff. She can collect life force from dying enemies to heal herself or reinforce the armor, can adapt to new magic items/spells as she finds them, has supernatural aim and can evaluate an opponent at a glance, etc. Seems simple enough.

Modern is similar since the backstory isn't hard to adapt, just replace the more magic stuff with tech.
>>
What is her actual personality? Considering Other M never happened, there's not that much out there besides her having a rebellious streak and being a somewhat decent human bean.
>>
File: 1479441221145.jpg (825KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479441221145.jpg
825KB, 1920x1080px
>>50334442
>Samus AND Doomguy
One of two things is going to happen
>1)Doomguy jumps into the warp, purifies it, then fucks off back to hell
>2)Same as above, only he wipes out Orkz, Nids, and Necrons, slaps the shit out of everyone else and tells them to stop being cunts, sticks around to make sure they actually fucking listen, then fucks off to hell
Samus stays in the materium and does her usual badass thing and helps people.
Liason between Doom and Samus possible but unlikely considering Doom's mental state being stuck in "Wrathful Old-Testement God and Pissed Zeus"
>>
>>50335168
She's less of a mary sue and more an element of the setting. She represents the Guardian trope in the narrative, and in that way acts as an elemental force in the story.
>>
>>50329750
Russ was raised by literal wolf fursona otherkin
>>
Damn, /tg/ metroid threads are great.
>>
File: power suit samus.png (38KB, 635x600px) Image search: [Google]
power suit samus.png
38KB, 635x600px
>>50335305
>What is her actual personality?
She trends toward optimism, being pretty upbeat and confident even under stress. She's got a stubborn streak, even going against direct orders multiple times to do what she thinks is right. Thus, she tends to work alone, in situations where she can get the job done how she sees fit.

She also has to deal with some pretty deep-seated mental problems (severe PTSD) and the weight of a dead race's (and her secondary family's) last hopes on her shoulders. All things considered she seems to take that pretty well.

Judging by her mission record, she's also a bit of a perfectionist, never one to leave a job half-finished.
>>
Anyone got that comic of Samus finding one of those chozo statues and going into a morph ball so it can hold her?
>>
Samus Aran, Ripley, and Sarah Connor are three of favorite female characters, though I think that's because my mom is a veteran, so I've always had a thing for likable and competent military women.

If I could just be the support wizard in a party of fantasy expies of all of them, I'd be the happiest man around

Actually, what would all of them be in a fantasy universe.
>>
File: DearSamus.jpg (460KB, 900x1325px) Image search: [Google]
DearSamus.jpg
460KB, 900x1325px
>>50335693
I think there are a bunch of those floating around, but here's BitF's version.
>>
>>50335759
I remember it being without any dialogue, but that works too.
>>
>>50335546
Adding to this: She clearly has immense willpower and can keep a level head under severe pressure and stress. No doubt her monk training helped with that. She will do anything (short of harming innocents) to accomplish her objective. She hates anyone who would do harm to those who can't defend themselves. Her wrath towards those destructive forces is only matched by her gentleness towards the meek and good. She's the guardian trope mixed with ptsd and a complicated family situation.
>>
>>50335033
Amberley gets an autograph.
>>
>>50335119
Inquisitors are solitary beasts by nature.

You can only be betrayed by those you trust, and in an inquisitor's line of work betrayal is usually followed by a very unpleasant death.

Whenever a group of inquisitors bands together, it is generally for a cause they mutually agree to be worth the risk of betrayal. They set aside some small measure of their paranoia in order to pursue a shared agenda.

Radical inquisitors, however, require paranoia above and beyond the inquisitorial norm.

Inquisitor Adam Malkovich looked over the rolling hills, taking in the sea of azure grass as the wind blew across the scenic landscape.

Once again, he thanked the Emperor for the Ordo Xenos declaring such a beautiful world to be under quarantine.

He felt a light tap on his shoulder, and turned to see a pair of vibrant green eyesore inches from his own.

Normally, this would earn whoever was stupid enough to invade his personal a quick and painful death, but the owner of those eyes was far from normal.
>>
>>50333126
Phantasia, the first one, was the (only) good one though.
Neat time travel fuckery story, good gameplay, dev team that got shitcanned after its success so it could be handed to more "experienced" developers
>>
File: Ridleywhat.jpg (54KB, 772x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Ridleywhat.jpg
54KB, 772x1024px
>>50336120
Why is every sentence on its own line? Looks promising so far, but if you plan to continue could you consider paragraphs?
>>
File: Nier_Nier_Old_Artwork.png (1MB, 1295x1856px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Nier_Old_Artwork.png
1MB, 1295x1856px
Since we're talking about other vidya in 40k
This is how I Rogue Servitor
>>
>>50336275
Nah m8 we're talking about Samus in other settings, emphasis on Metroid, not 40k.
>>
>tfw group plays fast and loose with 3pp because we trust each other not to be pricks and understand how overpowered wizards are already.
>the group approved the use of SoP in PF
>tfw I can now make a Blaster Armorist in the vein of Samus now
Feels great man
>>
>>50336501
What am I looking at and how do I make it my canon?
>>
>>50336586
Do you mean the picture or the words? Because the pic I just grabbed off of a Google search for "Fantasy Samus"
>>
>>50336644
Pic
>>
>>50335460
>Damn, /tg/ metroid threads are great
/tg/ is at its best when discussing things that are only tangentially /tg/ related.
The threads where someone starts with a one sentence topic on something mildly interesting.provocative and it evolves into a 300-post discussion.
>>
This thread makes me wish there was a Metroid general on /tg/. But I know if there was, it'd just turn into /v/-tier trash.
>>
File: samus_zero_suit_4.jpg (433KB, 750x879px) Image search: [Google]
samus_zero_suit_4.jpg
433KB, 750x879px
>>50336743
Nice job.

>>50336766
Generals kind of do that. Given time and lack of fresh content, any general will inevitably degrade into trash.
>>
File: 3747609-2783261882-34118.jpg (367KB, 1241x900px) Image search: [Google]
3747609-2783261882-34118.jpg
367KB, 1241x900px
I dunno about you guys, but I liked the manga, because it actually succeeded at trying to tell the story that Other M tried and failed to do, while still making Samus both badass and have her own emotional problems

Also because it's where we saw Badass Bird Dad
>>
>>50336120
For one thing, being able to look the Vostroyan inquisitor in the eye is no small feat. At nearly 2 meters tall, he dwarfed all but the largest of the Emperor's servants.

For another, simply being in the presence of an inquisitor was enough to make most humans a nervous wreck. The woman looking into his eyes, however, showed barely a trace of anxiousness...well, at least anxiousness about him.

"Samus, do you mind?"

A flutter of the eyes was followed by a quick step back. A fidget of the hands apologized.

"Quite the conversationalist", he thought wryly. Being raised by xenos psykers did little to help her social skills. Speaking of which...

"Brief me," she said, her tone clipped and formal.

Adam couldn't help it. He grinned the grin he knew she hated as he prepared to brief her for the seventh time.

"Of course, milady. We're here to introduce you to several contacts of mine. They're all inquisitors of a more...unconventional sort."

"Meeting of radical inquisitors, offering my services to consistent allies" she surmised.

Adam's grin shifted into a wry smile. Of course, that perfectly described the mission as detailed in her contract.

Of course, the fact that he wanted to make sure she talked to someone other than him didn't quite make it in there.

"Samus, I know you're nervous, but all of these people are on your side. You've met one of them, and I'm sure you'll like the rest."

Samus nodded, but Adam could fell the doubt rolling off of her.

As if on queue, the hum of a drive filled the air, and a shuttle appeared in the distance. Veering towards the two stood on, it gently touched down besides their own transport.

After the hatch had opened, a man slowly walked out, leaning on an ornate cane and dressed in a set of red and black robes.

As he drew near, he pulled back the hood on his robes, revealing a pale, sallow face softened by kind eyes and a warm smile.
>>
File: IMG_0563.jpg (183KB, 799x597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0563.jpg
183KB, 799x597px
>>50333297
>Samus working for the Imperium instead of the Tau

Whew lad, you got jokes.
>>
>>50336871
Honestly, she'd work for neither. The Imperium would seem crazy to her, but the Tau are very similar to her Federation, which she routinely defies.
>>
>>50333775
You must be referring to a different Imperium. Some members of the Imperium would be willing to overlook the xenos, but others would kill everyone involved in that decision because xenos.
>>
>>50336871
>implying Tau can handle SamASS
Not even Slaanesh can do that.
>>
File: Samus_in_cloak.png (845KB, 842x1292px) Image search: [Google]
Samus_in_cloak.png
845KB, 842x1292px
The real reason why Samus is considered a Lost primarch is because she betrayed her brothers when they decided to genocide the Diasporex.
She then used her legion to blitz the Iron Hands before the Emperor's Children joined the fray, then used her own ship to rescue and take the few surviving Civilians away from the fight into deep space.

Neither she, nor her legion have been seen since, and word has it her last words were "This is not the Imperium I swore to protect. Damn Father and his conceit, we will have our own Federation. We will seek our own hope, even if we must ride alone"
>>
>>50337088
Seems legit
>>
>>50336801
The newcomer extended his free hand to Adam, who took it without hesitation.

"Adam. It's good to see you again, my friend," he said. His enthusiasm was infectious, and Adam was unable to keep himself from smiling in return.

"I'm glad you could make it, Foster. Our lady probably is, as well," he said, glancing back to his stoic companion, who stepped forward quickly, extending her hand stiffly.

Foster smiled even wider, and took her hands in his, adding in a reassuring pat. "I wouldn't tease her too much. I can tell you from experience that those of us that grew up outside of the Imperium find you people every bit as awkward as you find us," he said with a mischievous wink.

The smallest of smiles escaped from Samus' lips, and she nodded emphatically as she released Foster's hand.

"Have you heard any word from the others," is what Adam said, but what he thought was "Praise the Emperor he got here first."

"No, but from what I know of the others, two of them should be arriving right about...." Foster paused, counting with his fingers. "...now."

Over the horizon, two dark specks appeared.
>>
>>50337088
I prefer the one posted at the start of the thread. Cus this shit sounds like it's trying way too hard.
>>
>>50337144
Which one?
>>
>>50337144
Ya, Samus ain't building shit. She just flies around being a more militaristic Superman.
>>
>>50337156
The third post in the thread.
>>
File: 23u23kh.jpg (261KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
23u23kh.jpg
261KB, 1600x1200px
>>50337088
Wish more marines had arm-mounted guns, and not just grey knights (who were way better when they were just squads of terminators you could take as allies instead of the mountain of ugly bullshit they became)
>>
>>50337160
She clearly knows a thing or two on biology, chemistry, etc. She's got her own notes besides the Scan Visor & she clearly has to understand whatever her visor tells her.
>>
>>50337289
Not to mention, she designed at least one of her ships.
>>
>>50337289
Given that she was raised by magic space birds capable of tech that puts many civs to shame, she probably had a fantastic education.
>>
>>50337289
Yes, and? What she know and what she does are two different things. She just doesn't create things, whether in workshops, labs or organizationally. She just goes around murderhoboing and protecting innocents.
>>
>>50337337

Chozo education probably makes a mind pretty healthy, yeah.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if she has some minor psychic powers, too. She got Chozo DNA and those guys could see the bloody future if they tried.
>>
>>50336908
So the lone mercenary would be a lone mercenary in 40k?
Sounds legit.

It's not like paid specialists don't happen in 40k.
>>
>>50337362
Any psyker talent she may have is likely dedicated towards the use of her wargear. Maybe a bit of assist towards her dodging capability too.
>>
>>50337362
Her overall intelligence was probably augmented too.
>>
>>50337138
The two newcomers set down beside Fosters' transport, and almost opened in sync. From one walked a woman, and from the other walked a man.

The woman was dressed in a set of loose-fitting robes that flowed in the wind like a set of sails. Scattered across the robes were chains inscribed with prayers, and across her shoulders was a mantle with saints depicted across its entirety.

The man seemed her opposite, dressed in a simple set of black carapace armor with a hood and cloak covering his arms and face. As the wind blew this, the veritable arsenal of pistols stored on his belt was put on full display, eliciting a sharp breath out from Samus.

With an irritated harumph and a grumble respectively, the two shed their cloaks, to very different effects.

For the man, it revealed a scarred and pitted face with a lantern jaw and a pair of conspicuously cybernetic eyes.

For the woman, it revealed a heart-shaped face framed by shoulder-length white hair and a bolter slung across her chest.
>>
>>50337337
I just realised something. Chozo tech is stated to be outright magitech.
Magic/old ways are a thing. and the Chozo were masters of balancing it to their advanced technology.

So, is >>50337391 correct and Samus is some sort of.. psyker physical-adept?
>>
>>50337525
Yup, and the Chozo were a psyker race on par with the Old Ones at some point no doubt.
>>
G'day peeps. I look forward to the next 40k/Metroid/Doomguy/Lost Primarch/vidya game thread.
>>
>>50337525

The Chozo seem to be that kind of precursor that would just kind of blink at you in confusion if you talked of magic and technology as two separate things.
>>
>>50337410
Samus' hand went for her pistol, bur Adam caught her arm. "Let's not start a firefight between allies, milady," he hissed, his eyes locked on the two newcomers as he slowly holstered his pistol.

Slowly, the two inquisitors lowered their weapons, their eyes still trained on Samus. Foster sighed in relief, replaced his own plasma pistol, and smiled.

"Harlen, Devona, it's good to see you. This is Samus, the specialist Adam told you about. She's a bit nervous around strangers, but she's a darling at heart. I promise."

Samus was caught between nodding and shaking her head, fidgeting in embarrassment.

Devona smiled carefully and extended her hand. "Foster, I wonder sometimes why you didn't join the ministorum with that clever tongue of yours. You've just made me forgive someone that tried to draw on me." Samus quickly took it, shaking it emphatically.

Harlen hesitated for a moment, but followed suit. Looking her over with still bionic eyes, he slowly put out his hand. Samus shook it as well, staring straight into the crimson orbs. After a few seconds of unbroken tension between them, Harlen chuckled.

"You say she's a darling, but she's got the eyes of a fighter. I like that," he declared. "I''m glad Adam called me out here, it was worth the trip."

"I'm glad you think so," Adam said quickly, relieved to have the meeting back on track. "Samus, this is Harlen ofthe Ordo Xenos and Devona of the Ordo Hereticus. They've been invaluable allies for Foster and I."

Samus nodded, and Adam could see the gears working behind her eyes. Not much escaped her, and being informed of Harlen's affiliation let her know why he scrutinized her so closely.

As if he had read her mind, Harlen spoke. "I don't know about Devona, but I'd like to see the infamous 'Varia Suit' before we go any further. I want to know just how much of what you told me is true. Let's see if you can summon it out of thin air, miss."
>>
>>50334260
>Unhappy at how humanity has become, at least they'll Exterminatus the X-Parasites rather than whatever the GF were planning.
Try to tame them and use SA-X as their personal task force. Despite how no chucklefuck in the galaxy has managed to keep metroids on a leash and X parasites are worse, as they actively want to assimilate everything.

Which is precisely why Samus decided 'fuck the contract' and nuked a planet, because the feds can't be trusted not to fuck that shit up.
>>
>>50338076
Taking this as her cue, Samus balled hers fists and was engulfed in a halo of light. Harlen and Devona twitched, forcing themselves to remain still.

Eventually, the light congealed into a set of fiery orange armor, a massive cannon affixed on its right arm. When he saw this Harlen's breath left him. His eyes darted across the suit, unsure of what to fixate on.

"By the Emperor...I...this is beyond what I expected. This kind of craftmanship with that kind of portability...this..." he spoke haltingly, eventually fading into an awed silence.

Devona fared better, but not by much. Eyeing the cannon on Samus' arm, she said "I don't suppose we could get a demonstration of that weapon's capabilities?"

Samus nodded and turned away from the group. Raising her arm cannon, she fired a barrage of orange shots, only pausing to say "Power beam."

Then, a wave of light flowed over her weapon, and flanges extended from its sides. This time, a cascade of spiraling energy flew out from the weapon. "Wave beam."

Another wave of light, and the cannon this time raised a single flange on its dorsal side. A bolt of pure cold was loosed. "Ice beam."

Finally, the flanges disappeared and the cannon lengthened, and a tongue of fire lashed out from it. "Plasma beam."

As the shots' echoes faded, they were replaced with silence.
>>
>>50338476
I have a bit of work to do, so if anyone wants me to finish this stuff let me know. Otherwise, I think I hear an essay calling.
>>
>>50337340
I expect her to know a few things on engineering. She could pay people to do the actual building.
>>
>>50337782
Hopefully it happens soon, I really want to draw some stuff for this but there's no point when we've passed the bump limit.
>>
>>50338492
She could, but she doesn't.
>>
>>50338522
She's canonically commissioned the construction of at least one ship.
>>
>>50338560
There's a big difference between commissioning a personal starship and building a Federation as initially suggested.
>>
>>50334271
Samus is basically a metal gear.
>>
>>50338595
She layed out the designs for it. And she has to do regular upkeep on its systems. She's at least a moderately capable engineer.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (27KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
27KB, 500x281px
>>50338803
>tfw no ponytail blond engineer
Thread posts: 361
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.