[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you fa/tg/uys suggest to use for a system for a Magical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 20

File: precureallstars.jpg (429KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
precureallstars.jpg
429KB, 1920x1080px
What do you fa/tg/uys suggest to use for a system for a Magical Girl based game? Specifically a Monster of the Week fighting sort of one like Sailor Moon or Precure. Most of the setting intended for Magical Girl settings I've seen seem to be pretty Madoka based which isn't really what I'm looking for.
>>
>>50317820
https://crisisheroine.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page
>>
>>50317820
Mutants and Masterminds
>>
>>50317820
Use a superhero system of your choice or build on Golden Sky Stories.
>>
>>50317820
Sailor Moon RPG
>>
>>50317863
1: Not even a complete translation yet. Wait.

2: Literally battle fuck the rpg is not what people want for Sailor Moon or Precure.
>>
>>50317820
GURPS.
>>
There's bound to be some PbtA system that can handle this. Maybe Masks or Worlds in Peril. Could also try Strike!, or if you actually want to build your powers yourself, M&M/GURPS/HERO.
>>
>>50317946
1. The translation is progressing at an incredible rate.
2. It's the closest thing I could think of.

>>50317965
>There's bound to be some PbtA system that can handle this.
And that system is bound to be mediocre at best.
>>
>>50317976
>And that system is bound to be mediocre at best.

Says the guy who recommends the battlefuck RPG.

I'm pretty sure your opinions on the quality of RPGs can be safely ignored.
>>
>>50317976
>1. The translation is progressing at an incredible rate.
I know it is. I've been working on it.

2. It's the closest thing I could think of.
Ehhhh....

Honestly. Mutants and Masterminds as a base would work, though the point buy system is pretty rough for first time players. I'd suggest having the players make PL2-4 characters (still impressive for normal humans) for their normal form, then have the transformation make them into PL8-10 equivalent characters with the transformation powers and the like pre-built by the GM.

But at that point you're using MnM as a baseline to make your own rpg...
>>
File: Tazzari.png (2MB, 2209x1702px) Image search: [Google]
Tazzari.png
2MB, 2209x1702px
I'm currently in a game in the Nanoha setting using Legends of the Wulin.

It might seem like an odd fit,given that it's originally a system for Wuxia stuff and it certainly isn't a system for everyone, but for a certain style of group and game it works very well.

LotW is an odd combination of a mechanically crunchy yet very abstract and narrative system, focusing on the broad themes and flow of a fight rather than trying to represent things in nitty gritty detail. The combat mechanics themselves are the best in any RPG I've ever played, and are also very flexible- Talking down your opponents is built right into the core combat system, as well as Nanoha style befriending with copious violence.

It is a crunchy system, so some groups might dislike that, and it's not without problems. The core book is one of the worst edited productions I have ever seen come out of a professional studio, dear god it's a clusterfuck, and it has some core balance problems which need tweaking to make the system run smoothly- My group has a big old list of houserules we use when we play. But damn if it isn't an incredibly entertaining system which is really good at capturing the feel of the genre and supporting it mechanically- Having the support of your friends can be a mechanical bonus. We've had fights quite literally decided by teamwork and friendship. It's fuckin' great.
>>
>>50318168
Are you the same guy that originally told the tale of using Wulin for Nanoha and had a rather long storytime, or are you a different guy?
>>
File: Yvenne Finished Small.png (3MB, 2060x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Yvenne Finished Small.png
3MB, 2060x1200px
>>50318476

Same group, different person. The game is still ongoing and we should see another storytime update at some point.
>>
>>50317958
Seconding GURPS for the most metal magical girl experience
>>
>>50318131
>>50317863
>>50317946
Why is this getting translated and I'm still waiting for Golden Sky Stories books? Who would even run that?
>>
>>50318510
>>50318168
>>50318168
I remember your storytimes. And then you just vanished. Sad tmes.
>>
>>50319062
Because those require shipping, ripping, scanning, and then translating while this was already online?
>>
>>50319062
GSS has long been fully translated and is available as a pdf.
>>
>>50319062
Because the Discord group has weird priorities.
>>
>>50319071

The guy in our group who did the writeups has had his hands full with his recently born third child, so while he wants to do another one it might be quite a while.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48242575/ was the most recent part, and there will be another one eventually.
>>
>>50319197
Show me this magical discord.
>>
>>50319304
https://discord.gg/e58sCGq
stay away from the gay weed channel it's a dump
>>
>>50317820
There's a popular homebrew system on /tg/ for magical girls. Look in the archive for accidental magical girl general, and see if either of the two tickle your fancy. There's also Magical Burst but its notoriously love/hate among its players.
>>
>>50319324
Link expired?
>>
>>50324152
https://discord.gg/rKE7twu
>>
>>50317863
First post best post
>>
>>50319062
My GM us about to run a game of it
>>
>>50317820
Never actually played it, but Tokyo Heroes is pretty much made specifically for Sentai teams and Magical Girls.
>>
>>50326964

It was also never finished
>>
>>50325105
How'd it go?
>>
>>50317820
GURPS just released a supplement for this, this week
>>
>>50327565
>>50317958
>>50318522

GURPS seems intensely unsuited to anything as fluffy and light as standard magical girl fare.
>>
>>50321704
I support this system, as well.

(pls use SCS, SCS needs more love)
>>
>>50317820
>Most of the setting intended for Magical Girl settings I've seen seem to be pretty Madoka based which isn't really what I'm looking for.
Just ignore the fluff. AMGC and SCS players run a variety of campaigns within the same cannon. Literally the creepy Chuu sample dialog is the only madoka part.
>>
File: Grin Madoka.jpg (326KB, 999x1446px) Image search: [Google]
Grin Madoka.jpg
326KB, 999x1446px
>>50327625
>fluffy and light
>magical girl fare
>>
>>50329317
t. someone who only got into the magical girl genre when madoka aired
>>
>>50329448
light and fluffy is fucking boring mate. if i wanted a children's cartoon i'd fucking watch a children's cartoon.
>>
>>50329552

So you're completely ignorant of the genre then, got it.
>>
>>50329565
how do you have fun playing a game that's trying to emulate a cartoon for little kids?
>>
>>50329581
That's literally what this thread is for.
>>
>>50329621
shitposting aside i really don't understand how you could have fun with it. there's no tension in kid's shows, what you're emulating, so it's boring. how would the game be any different?
>>
>>50329581

Because things are more complicated than that and all you're showing is that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Your question is fundamentally flawed because its based on false assumptions rooted in ignorance.
>>
>>50329655
>there's no tension in kid's shows
You might want to actually watch some of those shows before you talk shit.
>>
File: CYOA.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
CYOA.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50328437
>>50328473
Posting for reference
>>
File: SCS.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
SCS.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50329729

expansion pack thing http://pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
>>
>>50329687
i have watched some of those shows and that's what it was. for example, i've watched two precures, futari wa and heartcatch, both of which i dropped a few episodes in because there was no tension. fights looking cool doesn't matter when there aren't any stakes, problems with other characters aren't entertaining because there aren't any stakes, etc. there's no tension, even fake tension (futari was better about having some tension but the lame reused finisher every episode got fucking boring).
can you point me to any shows that aren't tensionless borefests like those two are? or are you going to say i just didn't get it, or that i didn't watch them until they actually got good, or some other retarded excuse?
>>
>>50329745

I'm a big fan of the Nanoha series, although the original aged badly. The movie is great though, look it up.
>>
File: Core.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Core.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50329740

more expansions http://pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
>>
>>50329755
is it anything like this? https://streamable.com/7ndh
because vivid strike is trash but it's fun as hell trash.
>>
>>50329745
Oh I see, you want tension from the battle not the overall plot. Yeah, I guess I could see how the Precure style of beating up the MotW to weaken it and then using a finishing beam on it could get boring to some.
>>
>>50317965
Stop shilling Strike!

Why does /tg/ keep shilling Strike!?
>>
>>50329789

Somewhat. Vivid Strike is set in the same universe, Nanoha is Vivio's mom, but the various series have quite different tones.

The Nanoha franchise is odd, as it's a magical girl show aimed at mecha fans, mixing quite lighthearted magical girl fare with some pretty damn dark plot points and awesome fight scenes. Well worth a watch IMO.
>>
>>50319062
I don't know why you're complaining about this given that there's a company that owns the rights to GSS. Go shout at Ewen Cluney to translate GSS books instead of making his own stupid little RPGs. It'll be more productive than getting pissed at a group that doesn't have access to the books to even translate the damn thing in the first place.
>>
>>50329948
>Ewen Cluwey
That man is a hack and a sellout. I wonder how his games managed to get WORSE after Magical Burst.
>>
>>50329811
honestly can't give two shits about the plot in anything. movies, books, rpgs, games, shows, etc. it just doesn't interest me at all.

>>50329919
i'll try it out thanks
>>
>>50329755
>the original aged badly
Why? Should I not watch it?
>>
>>50329755
seconding >>50330499's question.
I keep hearing the name nanoha recently, want to at least get some of what Im missing.
>>
>>50330499

The first season was groundbreaking in many ways but these days the pacing is off and the animation is subpar, IMO it isn't worth it. Nanoha The Movie First basically retells the same general story with better pacing and better animation throughout. Oddly, The Movie First is actually an in-universe movie, there's japanese voice commentary of the characters watching and commenting on the movie from an in universe perspective.

After the first season/movie though, I'd highly recommend watching the second season, Nanoha A's.Better plot, better pacing, better animation, generally considered the best of the series. The movie version is also good, although you lose some of the depth of storytelling with the shorter length. Still, it's fun in its own right.

StrikerS, the third season, is very much a mixed bag. Lots of great worldbuilding and some fun new characters, but the pacing is pretty dreadful and you have to slog through some relatively slow, dull bits. The payoff is great though, with the last two episodes being utterly fantastic.

Then there's Vivid and Vivid Strike, which are weird spinoffish things about a younger generation of mages doing strike arts.

I suppose I should also mention Force, which was an attempt to make Nanoha ultra dark and grim and gritty in manga form, but was thankfully cancelled because holy fuck it sucked so bad.
>>
>>50330552
I've watched through Nanoha, Nanoha A's, and half of Nanoha StrikerS. It is absolutely a treat to watch.
>>
File: fucking captcha.jpg (12KB, 292x57px) Image search: [Google]
fucking captcha.jpg
12KB, 292x57px
>>50329552
>if i wanted a children's cartoon i'd fucking watch a children's cartoon.
So, most magical girl shows?
>>
>>50317888
/thread
>>
>>50317888
This. Any supers game, really, can pull off magical girls convincingly.
>>
>>50329745
>dropped heartcatch
There's a special place in hell for people like you.
>>
>>50329448
No, actually t. someone who watched Sailor Moon and saw how dark that got.
>>
>>50332575
Wasn't the creator of Sailor Moon on record saying she really wanted to kill off more of the girls?
>>
>>50332552
Do the PreCure series acknowledge how many different Pretty Cures there are?
>>
>>50329919
>it's a magical girl show aimed at mecha fans
Except for StrikerS, which is a "life in the magical military" show; ViviD, which is magical Rocky; Innocents, which is "buy our card game (also loli Fate in a cheerleader outfit)"; Force, which didn't happen and now Strike, which is magical Rocky 2.
>>
>>50332602
Considering she killed all of them by the end of season 1, I doubt it. I think she wanted them to stay dead, though.

Apparently the Sailor Moon manga is very different from the anime. I don't know if Crystal rectified that.
>>
>>50332618
No. Not in their main series, at least. The newcomers in the All Star movies (which are their own continuity) always seem surprised to find all the other Cures, however.
>>
>>50332618
>>50332796
And some seasons acknowledge that there are/were more than are immediately shown in the season, especially HaCha.
>>
>>50327625
Well, Mahou is only light and fluffy when you watched it from a censored and naive American child's perspective
A lot of them focus on underage+incestuous+gay and otherwise socially unacceptable relationships that often are portrayed as feeling guilty and needed to be kept secret, leaving childhood behind, embracing your newly pubescent body and sex appeal, ignorance and how even somebody you trust can have a hidden face that will fuck your shit (or at least secretly hate you), the limits of human beings, and a few get really into the "side characters": unexceptional secondary and tertiary who aren't cute, energetic, and pure like protagonist-chan fall behind and brutally (and sometimes humiliatingly) need to set aside their own hope and esteem as they fall out of plot relevance.
>>
>>50332626

As I said, the Nanoha franchise is odd. As you might expect from a magical girl show full of references to Super Robot Wars and Ace Combat.
>>
>>50334437
That still doesn't make GURPS good for it, unless it somehow picked up a narrative anime drama supplement.
>>
>>50317820

There's BigEyesSmallMouth, it's sort of like a point buy supers game but with distinct anine flavouring, all the way to having a special trait for magical girl transformations
>>
>>50334957
>BigEyesSmallMouth
Got a pdf?
>>
>>50336314

Give me 3 hours to finish work and I'll hook you up, just watch the thread
>>
There's a system called Aniventure.

The current print version has terrible art because when it went up for sale all of the pictures (which were just pictures of anime) had to be taken out so were replaced with the writers random drawings.

But it's designed specifically that you can do any anime settings in it, and some beyond that.
>>
>>50337271
Is it good?
>>
>>50329740
ayyy even got v1.7

bless you

Say, what do you think of the whole community "split"?
>>
File: k_visits_oz.png (1MB, 825x555px) Image search: [Google]
k_visits_oz.png
1MB, 825x555px
>>50327625

If you want hard fighting military men, robots, and cowboys alongside fairy princesses and wizards, accept no substitute.
>>
>>50339268
Contain that drama to the general.
>>
File: sakura bed.gif (770KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
sakura bed.gif
770KB, 450x338px
>None of my RPG friends want to play a CCS based game
>Don't even know how I'd do it regardless.

I'm a bit miffed
>>
>>50340620
>you play as the magical girl with fucking awesome magical powers over the elements, time, light, dark, etc.
>you play as the generic boy that's the DESIGNATED love interest of the aforementioned magical girl
>you play as a lesbian with a camera
>you play as a martial arts girl with an incestuous crush on her cousin, which is the aforementioned boy
Dare you enter my magical realm?
>>
>>50329317
>>50332575
The problem is dark stuff has gotten so much screen time with magical girls it's now more boring to me than fluffy shows like Pretty Cure which still have tension and great action without deciding violent murder is necessary to motivate teenage girls.
I literally rather watch things actually aimed at people a third my age because it has flaming kung fu kicks and the power of friendship and hope, than I would more people trying and failing to imitate Madoka- including Madoka itself via jumping the shark.

Because let's be real, what would you rather be watching- Pretty Cure? Or that new edgy Magical Girl Raising Project show? Which is so edgy and try hard at copying Madoka that their evil mascot fairy rip off reminds me more of Monokuma than anything.
>>
>>50340861
I'd rather be watching Magical girl Ikusei than precure any day. It's pretty good and has been running as a light novel series since 2012, while precure is LITERALLY a show for children. Sorry, not interesting in it at all.
>>
>>50340831
It'd be cool just doing it in the CCS world itself
>Ghosts/spirits are real, you can do stuff with that
>The Cards could be a system all on their own
>Relatedly, the central elements could do cool stuff for magic
>The spirits of those cards/elements have the potential to also be their own system
>Ancient, immortal magician with tons of powers.

>>50340956
You could have picked almost any other mahou shoujo to compare to Precure if you don't like Precure, but you chose a terrible, terrible show/manga.

Not even a precure fag, but end yourself.
>>
>>50341017
I picked that one because he fucking mentions it. Why don't you try reading a post chain before replying like a dumb motherfucker.

ps It's not terrible
>>
>>50332796
>>50332618
It's all different worlds with different creation myths. Mind you, ever since Heartcatch Precure has been a lot less cosmic. Thanks, Obama.
>>
>>50341136
Just noticed but

>tripfag
>terrible taste in shows
>unaware of this terrible taste

Opinion discarded
>>
File: Flip Flappers - Flip Flap.webm (225KB, 226x358px) Image search: [Google]
Flip Flappers - Flip Flap.webm
225KB, 226x358px
>>50340861
What about playing Flip Flappers?
>>
>>50341198
But why is she wearing an skirt over pants?
>>
File: so thats how it is.jpg (37KB, 576x382px) Image search: [Google]
so thats how it is.jpg
37KB, 576x382px
>>50341155
Congratulations, you've accomplished being more elitist than a tripfag. I bet you thought yuki yuuna was bad too.
>>
>>50341228
I certainly did not - I loved Yuuki Yuuna. Excited for WaSuYu
>>
>>50341228
Yuki Yuuna was fine. Precure is fine. Magical Battle Royale is shock for the sake of shock.
>>
File: lewdvia.jpg (2MB, 1689x1194px) Image search: [Google]
lewdvia.jpg
2MB, 1689x1194px
>>50341245
Is it really shock when the show tells you exactly what you're going to get?
>>
>>50321704
>>50324825
rizon.net/chat
main channel: #MGCYOA

Community's a bit split between the Discord and the IRC. Here's the IRC link
>>
>>50327625
Cinematic rules are a thing.
>>
>>50341629
>tfw she will never hear her tsukkomi Ruby again
>>
>>50342761
wha
>>
>>50340245
Thread's dead, how'm I gonna post it in there? :V
>>
>>50336425
bump
>>
>>50345228
Not that guy, but here's my TriStat (BESM's base system) trove, complete with the actual Sailor Moon RPG.

https://mega.nz/#F!EsZ2DBRZ!t6xZHgyts3_6RS2WfXFWIA
>>
>>50340861
>evil mascot fairy rip off reminds me more of Monokuma than anything.
Funny you say that. Dangan was the first thing that jumped to mind when I heard about it, NOT Madoka, to me.
>>
>>50343277
Sapphire. Luvi had Sapphire.
>>
>>50317820
Do you think magical girls evolved bright colors to make themselves indistinct from one another in a herd, similar to zebras?
>>
>>50340861
>Because let's be real, what would you rather be watching- Pretty Cure? Or that new edgy Magical Girl Raising Project show?
I can watch both, and I watch both, because unlike you, I'm not a fucktard who thinks every mahou shoujo with dark undertones is hurr madoka ripoff durr.

Sailor Moon alone is 100 times more dark than 10 Madokas combined but I don't see you faggots bitching about it being dark and edgy and everything else that's slightly dark a Sailor Moon ripoff. Fuck you cunts.
>>
>>50346996
>I'm not a fucktard who thinks every mahou shoujo with dark undertones is hurr madoka ripoff durr.
Then again, that show IS a pretty terrible Madoka ripoff.
>>
'dark' storytelling is one of the easiest things to do wrong, and it's what so many of these shows to fuck up.

If you just layer on despair without any breaks and kill people off left right and center, you lose all sense of engagement or investment in events as they play out. Everything is shit and will remain to be shit so you end up just not caring.

Dark stories require hope, and a decent amount of it. Characters need to survive some dangerous situations and make some gains, things need to get better at times, because without that happening everything becomes predictable and boring. But of course achieving that balance requires good writing, which is why so many hack writers and bad GMs just kill people off whenever as a cheap way of creating tension and drama.
>>
>>50345720
Yes. I just forgot to find a picture. That was the implication.
>>
>>50347043
Not particularly. You'd know that if you'd have bothered to watch it or even read the novels both things which you clearly have not done.
>>
>>50345979
They evolved bright colors because it's a fear tactic. If they can scare an opponent into not fighting by their mere presence that's better than lasering or punching it to oblivion.
>>
>>50349160
I've seen 3 episodes. It's enough to tell.
>>
>>50349160
Different anon here. I'm watching it, even enjoying it, but it's blatantly trying to jump on as many trends as it can.
>It's an MMO turned real, where if you lose the game you die in real life.
>The "magical girls" aesthetic is just that - an aesthetic, due to the MMO they're playing having avatars in that style. It's only there for the tonal clash of cute girls killing each other. Most of the players do not fit the age/gender profile of a magical girl in real life, and there is zero focus on magical girl themes beyond the first episode or two.
>The mascot is a cross between Kyubey and Monokuma, in both personality and appearance.
>>
>>50317820
Princess the Hopeful.
It's a Chronicles of Darkness fan splat based around the premise that being a magical girl is going to run you ragged with lack of sleep, stress, and lack of social life, but worth it. While it borrows from Sailor Nothing, and Modoka it doesn't have to be as dark as Madoka were nothing you do actually matters because eventually you will become a the monsters you are fighting. It's more "I have to study for a French test, math test, fight the monster, save my boyfriend's life, and then maybe get an hour of sleep...if I'm lucky.
>>
File: The hell is this slut saying.png (8KB, 199x211px) Image search: [Google]
The hell is this slut saying.png
8KB, 199x211px
>>50351408
>magical girl
>boyfriend
>>
>>50349394
>I've watched 3 episodes so I know everything there is to know about this show!
You are a fucking retard and deserve to be gassed
>>
File: glaring moons.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
glaring moons.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
>>50351561
Go home, Tomoko, you're drunk.
>>
>>50351691
Okay.
>>
>>50351691
3 episodes is enough to know if you'll like a series or not.
A bit of research also has the same effect, like looking up the summary on those seasonal anime charts.

>>50351734
You have to admit straight magical girls are by now the minority.
>>
>>50351774
It literally is not you fucking retard. You cannot tell whether or not you will like a show by looking up its summary on anichart. To do so is fucking moronic and just proves how much of an idiot you are. There's a word for that process and it's called "judging a book by it's cover". There's a reason people look down on that.
>>
>>50351774
>A bit of research also has the same effect, like looking up the summary on those seasonal anime charts.
While I agree with the rest, anime summaries are really misleading. The summary of my favorite anime almost made me not watch it. Watching one episode however, made me certain I'd love it.
>>
>>50351774
I think it's more accurate to say that a subcategory of "attempted deconstruction that basically ends up just being normal magical girl" exists and within that they're basically all lesbians
>>
>>50351809
>There's a word for that process and it's called "judging a book by it's cover".
Let's see, what should I go after first.....should I point out to you that it's actually 6 words, or should I ask you why you can't acknowledge the fact that the vast majority of the time the cover accurately reflects the content?
>>
>>50351809
So according to you you can't know shit is shit until you eat it.
>>
>>50351934
And every last bite too. Make sure to lick the plate clean.
>>
>>50351934
I think this is simple logic. You don't know what something will be like until you experience it. Writing things off before you experience them is called being close minded.
>>
>>50351879
>should I ask you why you can't acknowledge the fact that the vast majority of the time the cover accurately reflects the content?
Maybe if you accepted that broad generalizations are never 100% true you might have a point but as it stands your argument is invalid.
>>
>>50352228
No, it's called "being intelligent and experienced enough to identify things you don't like at a glance".
>>
>>50352273
I believe the term you are looking for is "being a simple minded retard".
>>
>>50352228
So watching 12 episodes of shit is mandatory to know it's shit? Sure captain retard.
>>
>>50352306
You can never fully analyze something if you have not experienced all of it. This is simple reasoning.
>>
>>50352300
>be 3 year old
>climb shelf
>shelf falls on me
>have to go to hospital to get stitches
By your logic, I'm a "simple minded retard" for never climbing a shelf again.
>>
>>50352327
You don't need a full analysis to determine whether something is shit.
>>
>>50352327
Yeah, but a series is not going to go from trash to good like that. Just doesn't happen. I don't want to analyze it, so I don't care.
>>
>>50352350
No, you already climbed that shelf and experienced pain so you are correct in not climbing a shelf again.
>>50352367
You literally do.
>>
>>50352300
Seriously dude.

Let's say I want to swim. I get myself ready but when I'm about to jump into the water people tell me there are sharks. I see signs warning about sharks. I look the place up and it tells me it's full of sharks. I spot the fucking fins of sharks lurking around.

What do I do?
a_ Not jump in. There are sharks.
b_ Jump in and get promptly nom'd by a shark.

According to you, believing all the warnings is for "simple minded retards"
>>
>>50352375
>Yeah, but a series is not going to go from trash to good like that.
Everything has good parts though, no matter how "shit" you think it is. Writing something off just because others say so is fucking retarded, I don't care how bad others say something is.
>>50352388
Not an argument. You equating reading a summary of an anime with jumping into the ocean and getting eaten by sharks.
>>
>>50352300
When the best thing you can say about a show is "you can't be 100% sure it's shit", then it's probably shit.
>>
>>50352385
>No, you already climbed that shelf and experienced pain so you are correct in not climbing a shelf again.
Really now? But somehow, I'm a simpleminded retard for learning what the hallmarks of a shit anime are from a few bad experiences?

>You literally do.
Do you need to eat a piece of shit to know that it's shit?
>>
>>50352417
>Everything has good parts though, no matter how "shit" you think it is
Which makes shit worse because those good parts are either not enough to make shit taste like candy, would have been better used in an actually good series, or both.

>You equating reading a summary of an anime with jumping into the ocean and getting eaten by sharks.
Incorrect. I'm equating reading a summary of an anime with being able to tell that if I jump in I'm gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>50352419
You are literally saying that "because I think it might be shit, I won't watch it at all". Which is fucking moronic and the pinnacle of being close minded.
>>50352427
Like I said, you are making false connections between two things that aren't related at all. Your opinion is literally worthless unless you have watched an entire show. You have not watched it all and therefore cannot give an informed assessment.
>>
>>50352467
>I'm equating reading a summary of an anime with being able to tell that if I jump in I'm gonna have a bad time.
That is the same fucking thing that I said you retard
>>
>>50352468
>You are literally saying that "because I think it might be shit, I won't watch it at all". Which is fucking moronic and the pinnacle of being close minded.
I literally literally didn't. Which means you literally figuratively literally can't read.
>>
>>50352468
>because I think it might be shit, I won't watch it at all
Not him, but I don't think a series will be shit. I KNOW the series will be shit because I do my research before watching it.
>>
>>50352510
>Which means you literally figuratively literally can't read.
Your word choice means you are literally retarded.
>>50352522
>I KNOW the series will be shit because I do my research before watching it.
You can't judge that because you haven't watched the show, meaning your judgement is not based on facts and is therefore irrelevant and false.
>>
>>50352468
>You are literally saying that "because I think it might be shit, I won't watch it at all". Which is fucking moronic and the pinnacle of being close minded.
>You are literally saying that "because I think this berry might be poisonous, I won't eat it at all". Which is fucking moronic and the pinnacle of being close minded.
>You are literally saying that "because I think that meat might be rotten, I won't eat it at all". Which is fucking moronic and the pinnacle of being close minded.
>You are literally saying that "because I think that fallen log might be too rotted to support my weight, I won't walk on it at all". Which is fucking moronic and the pinnacle of being close minded.
>You are literally saying that "because I think it might be a hornet's nest, I won't touch it at all". Which is fucking moronic and the pinnacle of being close minded.
>You are literally saying that "because I think that snake might be venomous, I won't go near it at all". Which is fucking moronic and the pinnacle of being close minded.
>You are literally saying that "because I think that fire might be hot, I won't stick my hand in it at all". Which is fucking moronic and the pinnacle of being close minded.
>>
>>50352548
>Your word choice means you are literally retarded.
Sorry, just making fun of you.
>>
>>50352548
>your judgement is not based on facts
But it IS based on facts. I go by summaries from places that have a proven record of delivering accurate summaries and the like.
If a bunch of people say the original material (if any) is shit, the summary says it's shit and other info says it's shit, I don't need to watch a series to know it's shit.
>>
>>50352646
You do realize people's experience of anime is subjective and varies from person to person right?
>>
>>50352668
Yes. And if the vast majority of them agree that something is shit, they're most probably right.
>>
>>50352668
>b-b-b-b-b-but subjective!
Doesn't matter. All that taste being subjective means is that he has to look for indicators of it being subjectively shit to him instead in addition to indicators that it's objectively shit.
>>
>>50352688
Except that group mentality is a thing.
>>50352707
All I'm saying is that people's taste on what they like and dislike varies and the only way for you to truly know whether you like something or not is to actually watch it.
>>
>>50352729
>All I'm saying is that people's taste on what they like and dislike varies and the only way for you to truly know whether you like something or not is to actually watch it.
Or you can trust the advice of someone with similar tastes to yours.
>>
>>50352781
Literally everyone is different anon. Your assertion is false.
>>
>>50352781
>Or you can trust the advice of someone with similar tastes to yours.
Or try a sample. Like smelling shit before you try eating it.
>>
>>50352808
I don't think you understand how taste works, dipshit. If I meet a stranger and it turns out we both like the same 5 bands, I'll probably like the 6th band that he likes too. People are different from each other, but you can find people who are similar.
>>
>>50352858
Taste is jumping to conclusions, i.e. the best way to make a mistake. You are a fucking idiot.
>>
File: smug rohan.png (734KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug rohan.png
734KB, 1280x720px
>>50352920
>Taste is jumping to conclusions, i.e. the best way to make a mistake. You are a fucking idiot.
Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>50352729
>group mentality is a thing.
If a group that very rarely agrees on anything agrees that something is shit, it's very likely that that something is shit.

>>50352858
>turns out we both like the same 5 bands, I'll probably like the 6th band that he likes too
This is correct.
>we don't have any bands we like in common, but we both agree this certain band is shit
This is also correct.
Both are sufficient reasons to know something is good or something is shit.
>>
>>50352934
>doesn't have a sufficent argument
>replies with a smug anime picture and a pretentious reply
Nice try, faggot
>>50352935
The fact still remains that said person will never know for sure if said thing is good or bad though, meaning their opinion will always not matter. Meaning I don't have to listen to anything you have to say on something if you haven't watched said anime.
>>
>>50352963
No you. I don't need to eat every almond in the world to know what almonds taste like, I don't need to listen to every rap song in the world to know that I hate rap, and I don't need to watch a single fucking episode of your anime to know that it's shit.
>>
>>50353021
Have fun enjoying your unfullfilling and shitty life then. Your opinion is worthless. Goodbye.
>>
>>50353042
>Have fun enjoying your unfullfilling and shitty life then.
What are you talking about, anon? I have no problem finding things that I like.
>>
>>50353054
>I have no problem finding things that I like.
But what about shitty Madoka clones?
>>
>>50353122
I have no problems avoiding garbage like that either. It's a win-win: all the time I don't waste on dumb shit like that I get to spend on things that I actually enjoy!
>>
>>50352417
>It gets good 50 episodes in!

Yeah, fuck you. If I don't like it within 3 episodes, I'm not wasting my fucking time.
>>
>>50353153
Who are you quoting? Because I never said that.

And good luck dropping 99% of all anime senpai.
>>
>>50353169
>And good luck dropping 99% of all anime senpai.
You act like it's even that hard. The majority of it was already dropped for being the wrong genre anyways.
>>
>>50353169
>99% of anime don't get good by episode 3
It's more like 70%. Do you know how much 30% of all anime is? More than I can watch in my lifetime.
>>
>>50353169
Its the same fucking mentality, you stupid fuck. "You didn't watch enough, it gets good later! Watch more!"
>>
>>50353272
My point is that you have no right to talk about a show because you haven't watched it all and therefore can't make an informed opinion.
>>50353181
>he only watches anime from a certain genre
Now I know for certain you are a faggot
>>
File: smug.jpg (25KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
25KB, 450x325px
>>50353310
>people who only watch certain genres are faggots!
>knowing what you like and sticking to it is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!
>>
>>50353310
My point is you are a stupid faggot who should go eat a pile of shit, because you don't get to talk about anything until you eat out that horse's asshole.

'Its the only way to be sure' after all, faggot.
>>
>>50353310
>My point is that you have no right to talk about a show because you haven't watched it all and therefore can't make an informed opinion.
>P-please don't insult my shit taste.
>>
>>50353328
>he has no argument and thus resorts to smug greentexts
>>
>>50353371
>implying anyone is arguing with you
>>
>>50353358
Just because I've watched shit doesn't mean I like it, retard
>>
>>50353392
This is getting more and more ridiculous. Now you're figuratively eating shit and justifying it by hating it?
>>
>>50353415
You are misunderstanding my logic. I am able to accurrately and correctly judge things because I watch them all the way through.
>>
>>50353441
So, why can you judge things accurately but not anyone else we ask about the series? Are you magically the only human on the planet capable of good judgement?
>>
>>50353441
And I am able to accurately and correctly judge things because I'm not an idiot. I prefer that method.
>>
>>50353453
Others can make good judgement, they just have to have watched the show. Informed judgments are impossible otherwise.
>>50353465
You have no argument so you now call me an idiot. Who's the retard now?
>>
>>50353499
And yet I'm somehow a simpleminded retard for trusting the good judgements of others?
>>
>>50353499
>Who's the retard now?
The one who's eating shit.
>>
>>50353526
Not just eating shit, actively licking out the asshole to make sure he got it all.
>>
>>50353441
>I watch them all the way through.
Even though the summaries told it was shit, literally everyone you asked told it was shit (even accounting for different tastes), the first episode was shit, the third episode was shit and everything between that and the end was shit?
Do you value your time so little that you'll keep watching shit in the hopes it'll magically become good or to just be right in calling it shit when everyone else told you that?

Let's say you watched a generic battle harem anime. It was inevitably shit. Do you watch the very next generic battle harem anime too? According to your logic, you HAVE to do so to know it's shit.
>>
>>50353654
>Do you watch the very next generic battle harem anime too?
If it interests me, yes.
> According to your logic, you HAVE to do so to know it's shit.
Yes, but that doesn't mean I have to watch it. I only have to watch it to make an accurate assessment of it. If I don't I can't judge it.
>>50353515
Because you can't make up your own mind so you trust others.
>>50353526
At least I can make good assessments of things.
>>
>>50353705
>Because you can't make up your own mind so you trust others.
Oh, but I can and I have . I've made up my mind that certain traits and characteristics mean that something is shit. When I hear that something contains those traits and characteristics from a reliable source or see it from briefly inspecting it myself, I make up my mind that it's shit.
>>
>>50345260
Thanks m8
>>
>>50317820
GURPS brother. You can make your own shit up for it but I know I've seen SM customs before.
>>
GURPS is perfect. Use the basic set and a few advantages from GURPS Supers and you should be fine for any Precure esque roleplaying.
>>
>>50356176
This. They just added a guide on how to do Strike Witches and Kancolle last week. What OP wants is the Basic Set and a couple of powers like Alternate Form, and he is set.
>>
>>50356239
>They just added a guide on how to do Strike Witches and Kancolle last week

Wait, what?

Link?
>>
>>50356700
Check the Pyramid that was released on the 17th (Latest one, GURPS General's trove has them all). Everything is very thinly veiled IE Strike Witches are "Sky Witches". Pulver really likes cat girls for some reason.
>>
>>50343659
Some stuff happened, that's what.

Could go on a longer explanation, but oh, that'd be a little off-topic.
>>
>>50317820
Try magical burst
https://yarukizerogames.com/my-games/magical-burst/

Never played but it seems to be what you are looking for. Theres some other systems for magical girls on the wite too iirc
>>
>>50362020
That's already been mentioned, and to be honest, it's pretty eh, because Ewen is a shit. And so is Madoka.
>>
>>50362020
Let's be honest. Magical burst was a cute idea for the time it came out, but it has a lot of crunch in places that DON'T need it, and missing a lot in places that DO. It's rules-light but needs a GM constantly thinking on his feet to not lock up.

We can do better, and this is coming from someone who alpha-tested the thing way back when.
>>
>>50317863
I am the guy who did the first rough translation and have to say that no, Heroine Crisis is not suited for being a monster-of-the-week thing.
Being the type of ERP it is the heroines are supposed to lose and be violated repeatedly to the point of becoming breeding stock and/or fallen heroines out to gather more slaves for their monstrous masters.

It can be houseruled and refluffed to not be as lethal or lewd though, then it may be perfectly fine for it.

>>50319062
Because I like the underlying system in spite of the lewd it contains and think it is pretty well thought out. Oh, and I know moon.

>>50318131
Need any further help with that? Should I jump on the discord or something?
>>
>>50362774
If you want to jump on the discord, that'd be great, but at the rate we're going, we *should* have almost all of it translated in a week.
>>
File: file.png (118KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
118KB, 235x235px
>>50363492
>when the fastest translation around is for a battlerape game
I love 4chan.
>>
>>50363492
I will just add my almost finished serious translation of Nightmare Heaven by the same guy then.

Once I find the channel at least.
>>
>>50363592
To be fair, CH is pretty damn small for an RPG.
>>
>>50327565
>GURPS just released a supplement for this, this week
Wait, there's a Precure GURPS supplement? Sign me up.
>>
>>50363753
Precure, Kancolle, Upotte!, Strike Witches.
>>50363655
Yet exceedingly efficient at what it does.
>>
>>50363824
>exceedingly efficient at what it does.
What's that?
>>
>>50363871
Playing magical girls who endure rape, then blast a monster to smithereens, all while becoming sluttier and sluttier as the campaign progresses
>>
>>50318510
Heeey, I think I recognise that face...

On that topic, are any of the old crew(s) still kicking around the board?
>>
>>50363910

Holy crap, M4! Long time no see.

If you see the LotW Nanoha storytimes linked above, the game is run by Ikiryo who is still around, with Sephia and Yvenne being NPCs who've shown up a few times, with the events of Nah being treated as vaguely canon backstory to the new game. We've fallen out of touch with the rest, but hang around on Sup/tg/ these days.
>>
>>50363944

Just remembered that he went by a different name before. Ikiryo was once known as Judanas.
>>
>>50363944
Huh, imagine that.

I've been wondering if I should try getting the old wheels spinning and running a game again.
>>
>>50363824
I'm checking the warehouse23 site and can't find the supplement. care to drop the name? I'd love to spring this on my players for a one-shot. "You're all about to be Kawaii as fuck"
>>
>>50363985
Pyramid 3/97 - Strange Powers has an article about anthropomorphic high-tech weapons (i.e. KanColle and Strike Witches). I think that's what they're talking about.
>>
>>50364189
Ah, not quite what I was looking for but I'll still give it a look. Thanks.
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.