[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread 1185: Crescent Fresh Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 622
Thread images: 42

File: 1442013359136.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1442013359136.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Previously on Jumpchain!
>>50300147
>>
Jumpers, have YOU done your duty to the thread and applied as a /tg/ janitor?
>>
>>50309740
No. Nor will I.
>>
>>50309740
1. I really don't see the appeal in doing it for free, man.

2. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to announce that stuff.
>>
>>50309740
I'd be a shitty janitor.
I'm a total flake.
>>
File: do not want.png (46KB, 540x493px) Image search: [Google]
do not want.png
46KB, 540x493px
>>50309740
Not for all the hot pockets in the world would I spend my time actually trying to herd you faggots.
>>
>>50309821
>2. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to announce that stuff.
I'm a hypocrite. I haven't applied because I don't namefag.
>>
>>50309876
Wait, you can't apply if you DON'T namefag?

Oh fuck all kinds of duck, it was never the best of ideas for me but that's a dealbreaker.
>>
File: genreshift.gif (2MB, 559x10000px) Image search: [Google]
genreshift.gif
2MB, 559x10000px
Jumpers!

Do you ever pull back the veil and let people see the world as you see it? Have you ever genre shifted so hard that reality shook? What is their reaction when their slice of life existence is shown to be a lie? How did the world react to your unbidden existence?

Tell me your tales of revealed knowledge and terrifying consequence.
>>
If I take the Starcutter in Kirby, should I get the Copy Ability: Copy, or go with Royal Magic? The Starcutter buffs the copy ability because it can store every ability you copy, but Royal Magic has really good short-range teleportation. What do?
>>
>>50309903
I don't like frying my friends' brains, anon.
>>
>>50309903
Nope, the veil is firmly applied like a burqa on a saudi.
>>
>>50309903
I would, occasionally, hint at having an otherworldly nature in Person of Interest. Stuff like suddenly appearing out of nowhere, knowing things I shouldn't know, eating/drinking things I shouldn't be able to, doing things I shouldn't be able to do, all that. It wasn't until the end of the jump that I revealed my true nature, drove the cast to madness, and then destroyed the world.

And that was when I realized I had gone mad with power, and it put me into a funk for the next few jumps. Not going to lie, it was pretty dickish of me.
>>
>>50310060
>destroying the Person of Interest universe
Eh, not like you broke anything of value.
>>
>>50309903
>let people see the world as you see it
That's called a Reality Marble
>>
>>50309903
No one needs to know the true nature of things unless they're attractive.
>>
File: 0043-012.jpg (185KB, 800x1149px) Image search: [Google]
0043-012.jpg
185KB, 800x1149px
>>50309903
Don't you love the face of the hero when he realizes that he is not even a mock of dust before the might of your existence? That all the actions that he has taken against you, all the hard fought victories, and the lost comrades, all the moments, both happy and sad, have been for nothing?

When they realize that they're nothing more than a side-show for you, a small bacteria poked around by a giant being that he is not capable of fully understanding, much less defeating? That they have been nothing more than entertainment to you?

When they are bent on their knees, incapable of moving any more, without any will of fighting in their souls, I like to get down to them, and whisper to their ears the truth of my existence, and by extension, their universe.

I'm simply a toy of what lies beyond. And then, through my words, they're finally capably of understanding the futility of their existence.
>>
>>50309903
Not necessarily, but I do enjoy utterly humiliating the most powerful guy in a lower powered setting
Fire Lord, ain't shit
Zoom, ain't shit
Kaiju, you guessed it ain't shit
>>
>>50310112
Sauce for image? Not sure if a doujin or some spin off at this point.
>>
File: Garlock Smirk.png (127KB, 500x281px)
Garlock Smirk.png
127KB, 500x281px
>>50309903
That would've made it a legit better webcomic.

Also barring some really curious and non-euclidean companions? For me pulling back the veil pretty much amounts to a brute-force attack on whatever poor sod's in the way. It's not just the ridiculous sensory input, but the fact because of certain countermeasures trying to think like me too hard eventually turns others into an extension of me.

Which is really awkward when I open my eyes and realise I'm some greasy cultist out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.

Genre shifting happens fairly often, though. Mind you, not every world takes it as bad as you think it might-the Disneyverse saw it as business as usual just because I made a song and dance routine out of my eldritch revelation.
>>
>>50310112
That's just about the most masturbatory bullshit I've ever read, I can not believe you fags managed to hang on when we swept the questfags off the board.
>>
>>50310141
Fate/Kaleid
>>
>>50310215
Not him, but where do you think you are? It's the escapist fantasy thread. People gonna fantasise, did you expect people typically fantasise about being humble dogooders who pet puppers and doggos or something?

Also I don't consider being part of a cosmic horrorverse masturbatory in the grand scheme of things.

>>50310246
>>50310112
>Kaleid

Holy crap, did they finally make Gil a woman?
>>
>>50310215
>when we swept the questfags off the board
Then what are /jc/ and /cyoag/ among others still doing here?
>>
File: cage of dancing.gif (348KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
cage of dancing.gif
348KB, 500x280px
>>50309903
I had a bad habit in my last chain.

About once per decade, usually after saving the world or fixing some reality ending problem instead of letting the protagonists do it, I would find a random bar and attempt to drink my weight in alcohol. I did this, not out of celebration, but because each massive victory would make me realize the sheer amount of power I had at my command. It would terrify me. Right out of my own mind. Getting drunk usually helped me in the short term, as my own natural spell resistance at that point negated the possibility of Memory Charms or similar spells. Short of brain surgery, it was the best option I had found.

/ANYWAYS/... usually right before the black-out point of drunkenness I would start spouting off to anyone within earshot that I was a reality hopper and was well over four hundred years old, capable of absolutely incredible feats of magic and technology. Most people didn't take me seriously. A few did and asked for help solving a problem or two. My response was to produce a magic sword and tell them to do unspeakable things with it.

But, every so often, there would be someone who believed. Truly believed me. They wanted to know everything, what it was like, how they could get started on it, where the best realities to visit were. All kinds of questions. So, that's the point where I would finish my drink, grab their head in both hands and /show/ them what it was like. I would pour into their brains, not my memories, but the sensation of just how old and powerful I was. Kind of a distilled version of memories. Took all of about thirty seconds.

Of the six I had performed this feat on, two had immediately gone violently mad, one slipped into a coma he never awoke from, two threw up all over the floor, and one just said "Neat" before walking off. A week later he had perfected cold fusion and was giving the knowledge away to the world. A month after that he invented a truly friction-less oil. After that he disappeared.
>>
>>50310141
it's barbecue
>>
>>50309906
Also, what is the best hat (outside of kirby) that doesn't come with a hat import option? Asking so I can take that, and then import the Copy ability into that hat, if I were to take it.
>>
What are some good options for the Return option in the warehouse?
What jumps are there that finish before interesting events? Assume it refreshes every so often so as long as I keep jumping I can keep going back.

Already know about going back for the pokemon storage system with your warehouse, and going through canon events in Madoka.

Is it kosher to go back to gauntlet settings? Like go through the The Purge gauntlet, then use Return to get ten years there roflstomping the place without being restricted by the gauntlet rules?
>>
>>50310264
It's a homonculus using Gil's powers.
>>
>>50310463
Close enough.

>>50310429
Far as I know no reason you can't go back to gauntlet settings. But yeah, Madoka's probably the best use of it out there.
>>
>>50310429
>What are some good options for the Return option in the warehouse?
Honestly, never been a fan of Return as written. If it let you set a new world as your "home," so that if you died or chose to retire you could return there I could see dishing out the points for it. Or if it let you do what Slice of Life or Overlord do and let you go back to a certain world for a few months in between jumps I would see that as totally worth it. But dumping CP on a one use return ticket? Never seemed like it made a whole lot of sense to me.
>>
>>50310594
It's because jumpchain was a lot smaller back in the day. Like, 13 or so jumps. Long chains were never intended or even seen as possible.
>>
>>50310655
I know; I remember. I never really bitched about it back then because it didn't seem like a big deal to me, and it still doesn't now. Someone just asked about Return, and it's not something that gets talked about very much, so I thought I'd chime in.
>>
>>50310594
>>50310699
The main draw to Return in my mind is the fact that you get another 10 years in a jump. That's essentially doubling the amount of time you can get for every jump at your desecration.
>>
What jumps have the best genetic engineering perks? I was wanting to build a swarm like the Tyranids
>>
>>50310901
not every, any it will only work one time
>>
>>50310915
Just go to Starcraft Zerg Route. That gives you exactly what you want. Both a swarm of Tyranids (we all know that's what they are) and the genetic engineering perks to modify them.
>>
>>50310915
Jurassic Park.
>>
>>50310901
>That's essentially doubling the amount of time you can get for every jump at your desecration.
It only works once.
>>
What are some "you're always you" perks?

I know of the ones in Narnia, Psychonauts, and RoboCop, but are there any others?
>>
>>50310958
There is one in Innistrad that is pretty good
>>
>>50310958
The Fountain, too.
>>
File: Veigar_OriginalLoading.jpg (93KB, 308x560px) Image search: [Google]
Veigar_OriginalLoading.jpg
93KB, 308x560px
>Syndra
>Veigar + Kassadin
>Veigar + Malzahar
How should I spend these 600 CP?

Veigar is my favorite champion but Idk if he is manageable as a companion
>>
>>50310915
Zerg
Hive Queen Quest
Speaker for the Dead
Geneforge
Biotechnician from The Polity

>>50310429
What about going back to Dishonored in time for Dishonored 2?
>>
>>50310958
Undead Redemption has a good one.
>>
>>50310988
OOOps, for some reason i read 200 CP for veigar, scratch that.
The choiche is
>Syndra
>Veigar + Vlad
>>
What's more worthwhile in Raildex: being a magician or an esper?

Also, is there anything that protects you from the harmful effects of magic? Not compensation (as in regeneration), but just that renders it a non-issue. I've been told Safety First from CVS, but that only seems to work for spells.
>>
>>50310915
Teen Titans has Bioengineering, which lets you give people, or your swarm, animal themed super powers. You could probably do the same or similar with the Scientist perks from the new Spiderman jump. In fact most comic book/associated media jumps have science perks that can help.

As Myrmidont said, Hive Queen Quest is a great one. It even has a perk to make biological versions of technology, so you can turn any mech making perks into swarm making perks.
>>
>>50311035
Magician. Espers get one way to be insanely broken, magicians get multiple ways.
>>
>>50311035
>What's more worthwhile in Raildex: being a magician or an esper?
Idk but raildex magic is unclear as fuck (at least in the anime) range from absolute power to very meh levels, btw there are two jumps so you can easily take both.
>>
>>50311069
Nope. You're only allowed to take one during the normal course of your chain. You can take the other, but it has to be right before your end jump.
>>
>>50311065
Don't magicians require the collective unconsciousness, though? So if you're in an isolated area, it may be less useful.
>>
>>50311094
No, it doesn't work that way.
>>
>>50311089
Except Reploid was working on a way to make that not the case, and said so long as you avoid the Spy capstone you're good to go. The spy capstone let you get an Esper power in Index and magic in Railgun and all that.
>>
>>50311089
I seem to recall the thread being divided on whether people should have to follow that, though.
>>
>>50311089
Where does it say that?
>>
>>50310594
The issue is that since it's grown beyond what it originally was, you need to houserule or adapt it. Personally, I just go with return for 10 years at a time to any previous jump with the limit of needing to use it between jumps. So return to world A after finishing B and needing to Finish C before returning again to A or B.

>>50311035
Depends on what you look for desu. Magic side gives a great deal of concept shenanigans and is a multitool kit you can use or adjust as needed. Or stick more tools into as needed. Esper is when all you have is a hammer you get really good with that hammer, unless you jack tech from academy city and put up a set up where upon it equalizes with variety but less conceptual antics. Either way, after the first year or so you should just camp in the warehouse for the remainder barring various protections (retgone, reality warping, magic, telefragging, etc.)
>>
>>50311127
Speaking of reploids, when the fuck are we getting any other mega-man jumps.
>>
>>50311035
Magicians are many times more powerful than Espers. Espers are extremely weak comparatively.
>>
>>50311198
It doesn't say it in the jump document. It's something Reploid ruled on a long while back. Kind of dumb that it was never added to the text itself, I know.
>>
>>50310958
JLD WIP had one, too.
>>
>>50311122
Not him, anon. But yes, it does.
>>
>>50311223
He also went back on that, which is not included in the text either, so it kinda evens out in a fucked up sorta way.
>>
>>50311094
If you buy it with CP it works on jumpchain fiat, so you're good to go.
>>
>>50311237
No it doesn't. There's no indication that a magician can be cut off from their powers by being in an isolated area.
>>
>>50311199
That's definitely a house ruling. Having said that, I don't think it's an unreasonable house ruling and I run something similar.
>>
>>50311252
What about an isolated dimension lime the Warp? Or somewhere extremely remote like an empty Forerunner Shield World?
>>
>>50311127
Are you not allowed to take spy in either of those or you simply can't take it in both?
>>
>>50311271
Also, I just realized that the Warp's a really shitty example. How about something like a generic"void" dimension?
>>
>>50311296
The idea is that if you're going to take both jumps you can't take the spy capstone in either because it gives you access to the main schtick of the other.
>>
>>50311312
Fuck.

I want two Esper powers goddamit..

Which jump has clairvoyance on par with that of Raildex, so you can see past of object too, not just predict future
>>
>>50311346
>I want two Esper powers goddamit..
You could probably get another with Sacrificial Bestowment, or at least you can before SMTAnon rightfully nerfs it or rules otherwise.
>>
>>50311373
>or at least you can before SMTAnon rightfully nerfs it
what?
>>
>>50311271
>>50311302
Yeah, the Warp pretty much IS the collective unconscious. That said, we don't have any examples of people being that distant from the collective unconscious in canon. The closest we have is dimension shifting via the Phases, but those are technically still in the same world, just a reinterpretation of it. Likewise, no idea if the collective unconscious is limited by concepts of distance. Still, I don't think that being cut off from it would actually remove your magic. We know that the collective unconscious shapes magic, but it doesn't seem to power it given how many spells draw on obscure concepts that no one knows about. If it does power it, that suggests that it takes very few people knowing/believing in a concept to make a spell work, so you could probably make it function no matter where you were.
>>
>>50311411
It's bait. Just leave it alone.
>>
>>50311346
Get Psychometry from GUNM. That does exactly that, and lets you use the skills of people who have handled an object. Get some emotional stability perks, though, as overly strong emotions from the past can influence you if you're not careful.
>>
I'm not too keen on Undertale's art style.
>>
>>50311430
Okay. And you mention this why?
>>
>>50311430
Your kind with be the first put to the sword when the uprising begins.
>>
>>50311346
>I want two Esper powers goddamit..
We all do, anon. Having to make that choice and the scarcity is what makes it interesting.
>>
what are the biggest properties that you can buy?
>>
>>50311430
There's a perk in Panty and Stocking that allows you to change it.
>>
>>50311411
Like Vampire Diaries, the MEoDP, or the Immortal perks from Lost Odyssey, Sacrificial Bestowment has largely been unofficially blacklisted. If you use it, don't expect people to let you get away with it.
>>
>>50311491
Don't forget Real Eater
>>
>>50311479
Not buy but you can get your own moon as a scenario reward in Dahak.
>>
>>50311479
for warehouse attachments. It's the tower seed in Ar Tonelico Jump,For places that follow you around. It's the stage in mega man or the town in animal Crossing
>>
>>50311479
Probably the locations from Fall of Heaven, some of those can get to the size of a small country. If we're counting properties from scenarios, though, then Dahak's Asgerd-class form from Empire From The Ashes. That's larger than the moon. Technically a ship, not a property, but at that size the meaning starts to break down.
>>
>>50311479
There's a city in 1984. Also, Undrentide from NWN and Megas Therion from Anima are scenario rewards, if not necessarily buyable.
>>
>>50311479
There's a small tropical island in Webmage and a big tropical island in Incredibles.
>>
>>50311530
Fall of Heaven?
>>
>>50311479
AR Tonelico gives you a continent(?) sized tower.

Shadow of the Colossus lets you buy an area the size of the game which will carry over between jumps.

The Incredibles.has Syndrome's island up for grabs.
>>
File: 1425681708099.jpg (59KB, 400x409px) Image search: [Google]
1425681708099.jpg
59KB, 400x409px
>>50311593
I tripped, okay?
>>
File: giggling.gif (116KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
giggling.gif
116KB, 277x400px
>>50311609
>>
>>50311202
What's even left?
>>
>>50311593
Sorry, I meant Fall From Heaven. One of Babylon's jumps, based on a pretty comprehensive Civilization mod. It's in Jumps With Folders under Jumps Without Images. You can buy landmarks from the game, and some of them get pretty huge. An entire desert, the world's largest volcano and surrounding jungle valleys, a mountain range, the fucking World Tree...some big stuff. They all have cool magical properties, too. The jump doesn't explicitly state it, but Babylon's ruling on buying properties like that is "they follow you if you want them to". Good stuff.
>>
>>50311609
And made an impression the size of a small country? Are you trying to compete with SpyroAnon?
>>
>>50311593
Fall from Heaven, aka Age of Ice. One of Babylon 5 Anon's jumps. It's notable for having an impossible bonus scenario and an unskipable drawback where you have to fight a dragon the size of Mt. Everest.
>>
>>50311430
>Undertale doesn't have a fanfic option
>You can't go to Undynetale, the AU where everyone is Undyne
Major oversight.
>>
>>50311651
Now that's not fair. Heavens is aggressively irresponsible, Spyro is merely fat and clumsy.
>>
File: harrypotter1478739810438.jpg (969KB, 1195x1272px) Image search: [Google]
harrypotter1478739810438.jpg
969KB, 1195x1272px
>>50311667
More jumps need fan fiction options.
>>
>>50311491
Since no one's objecting I'm going to assume that this guy is telling the truth, so could we just remove these jumps from the drive please?
>>
>>50311602
>Shadow of the Colossus lets you buy an area the size of the game which will carry over between jumps.
What's the name of that option? Because I don't see it.
>>
>>50311686
Stop spamming this.
>>
>>50311645
>>50311655
Oh! Age of Ice, that one. Yeah, the DLC is one of the few files in my chain folder tagged [nope].
>>
>>50311686
I just retain fanfic drawbacks from other jumps. Not quite kosher, but I figure so long as I'm not getting any long-term benefit that would carry over between jumps (like grabbing tech or magic from a fanfic that doesn't exist in canon) that it's okay.
>>
>>50311667
>A version of Undertale where Undyne's fanaticism extends to spaghetti, and another to avoiding work entirely

I never knew how badly I wanted that until now.
>>
>>50311602
>Shadow of the Colossus lets you buy an area the size of the game which will carry over between jumps.
I'm not seeing that here. The only thing that could even be mistaken for that is "Forbidden' which lets you designate an area of that size as taboo, and renews every jump.
>>
File: harrypotter1478740669451.jpg (138KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
harrypotter1478740669451.jpg
138KB, 800x700px
>>50311705
Every day until you like it.
>>
>>50311744
It comes with the gryphon / Last Guardian, which anon conveniently forgot to tell you.
>>
>>50311772
At least get more Rule 63 Harry Potter art. There's lots of it, you don't have to post the same two pictures every time.
>>
>>50311704
>Forbidden (600CP) – You may designate an area the size of or multiple smaller areas equal to the size of the unaltered Forbidden Lands as taboo. These areas will have an unnatural feel about them to those that you wish and only the foolish or overly brave will ever seek these places out. If you mark so much of an area that you can no longer mark anymore you can unmark a designated area and do so somewhere else at half strength. Renews for every world you travel to and can be moved indefinitely with no penalty when you finally settle down.

Not exactly what I said, but still pretty useful.
>>
>>50311783
That's not the size of the Forbidden Land, that's just "big enough to comfortable accommodate him". So probably around the size of a large field, given that he looks to be fifteen to twenty meters long or so.
>>
Final Update before I go devote my energy to the Fire Emblem 6-7/Elibe jump--get your questions in now.

Ver 1.1 Completed: Added Bond Critical and reworded some perks. Took out the Luna Sword + Sol Sword, however Luna is now a purchasable perk and the Luna Sword was replaced with the Critical+ Sword. Lowered price of Crusader Scrolls, added links for items/magic weapons, added a new perk. Added the Mecenary Origin for skills since it was so requested. Added Castle Deed, Tireless Horse, Storehouse Bag, Recruitment, Miracle, and Blaggi’s Wisdom.
>>
>>50311791
That's not "not exactly what you said", it's nothing like what you said. It's not a property that follows you around, it's just an ability to make people shy away from an area.
>>
>>50311808
He's not done growing, is the thing.
>>
>>50311787
It's pretty obvious it's not the same person, it has a different filename from the other ones that are usually posted.
>>
>>50311783
>It comes with the gryphon / Last Guardian, which anon conveniently forgot to tell you.
No, that only adds on an area to your warehouse 'large enough to accommodate him'

>>50311791
Useful? Sure. But not 'give you a transferable domain the size of a county.'
>>
>>50311783
Sadly, the jump is in my "no" list, because the only way to move on is to kill all the Colossi.
>>
>>50311828
I can still edit some perks if they seem unreasonable/OP, so let me know about it
>>
File: lewd0q4hb97db.gif (141KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
lewd0q4hb97db.gif
141KB, 600x337px
>>50311835
>He's not done growing, is the thing.
>>
>>50311835
Okay, but I doubt he's going to get so big as to have the entire Forbidden Land's area in there. Unless his species of griffon has some really weird growth patterns, a twenty meter-long kittenchick isn't going to grow up to be a ten kilometer-long catbird.
>>
>>50311846
>not wanting to test your power by killing a bunch of colossi
That jump's pretty fun, especially if you take the drawback that makes them x100 larger.
>>
File: thor-hammer-desert.jpg (58KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
thor-hammer-desert.jpg
58KB, 1000x500px
You go to pick it up; what happens?
>>
>>50311898
Use Any Magic Item from Overlord lets me use it despite not being worthy. Odin, upon seeing this, sends the Destroyer Armor to Earth early to retrieve it. Fortunately, having been sent by Odin instead of Loki, it is far less willing to cause collateral damage and I lead it out into the desert where the fight is safe to have.
>>
>>50311898
I accidentally trip and land just right so that the hilt rams into my eye.
>>
>>50311883
If he doesn't want to kill the colossi it's basically an eventual fail jump. I should do an ICO jump someday
>>
>>50311953
If you don't want to kill the evil queen, ICO is an eventual fail jump.
>>
>>50311898
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63EnXJpQI_c
>>
>>50311898
Odi-
>>50311935
Dammit.

>>50311977
At least the queen is evil. The collosi did nothing wrong.
>>
File: yuuka angry pout.png (177KB, 615x426px) Image search: [Google]
yuuka angry pout.png
177KB, 615x426px
>>50311898
>it resists
>I frown, pull harder
>the ground quakes as it rises a few inches
>I drop it, and just glare at it for a while
>eventually Thor comes back for it
>wonders why I'm mad
>>
>>50311828
Recruitment does seem pretty OP. Implies that as long as you can think up the right kind of reasoning, even if it's blatantly and obviously untrue, you can get anyone to join your side.
>>
>>50311977
>If you don't want to kill the evil queen, ICO is an eventual fail jump.
You're implying that I'd make the jump the same way, which I wouldn't.
>>
>>50311828
Few of mercenaries perks are a bit too much. The Luna 100cp thing is too good for...well, 100cp. A free perk that halves the defense of anyone you fight is crazy. Recruitment needs some clearer limits, the other anon details the problem well enough.
>>
>>50312050
What's there to do in ICO other than kill the evil queen? Nothing.
>>
>>50311898
In human form, Nothing. In robot form, it goes in my warehouse.
>>
>>50311898
Why would I pick it up?

I only steal things from dickish heroes, villains, and abandoned locations / dungeons.
>>
>>50312061
Humans fighting to keep the seal intact? Demons looking to break the cycle? Wander around a castle and figure out the lore? Rebuild the world slowly?
>>
>>50312079
If it's in the MCU, I agree with you. MCU Thor is pretty bro-tier.

If its in the comics, you pick it up to prevent the lady Thor who isn't Lady Thor arc from happening.
>>
>>50312100
What does any of that have to do with ICO? What seal, what demons? Hell, what world outside the castle to rebuild? There's nothing to see, there.
>>
>>50312061
Help Yorda and Ico prosper as you explore an entire unknown world together? I get a definitely sword-and-sorcery feel from the setting.
>>
>>50312134
Have you actually gone through the story to figure out why the humans leave the Witch alone?
>>
File: thor's other hammer.jpg (29KB, 653x406px) Image search: [Google]
thor's other hammer.jpg
29KB, 653x406px
>>50312079
Well let's say you're at a party and everyone's trying to pick it up.
>>
>>50312171
I played it. It was over a decade ago, though, so I guess I've forgotten this rich lore that you're thinking of. I remember there being hints at something more, but not anything specific.
>>
>>50311898
I suppose I pick it up for safekeeping. I don't think I'd actually keep it, though.
I suppose I could also install a dark matter drive from Futurama into it so that other people can "wield" it by moving the universe around it rather than having to move it directly. Then I could give it to Morrigan.
>>
Man, I've been reading up on SDK. I thought it was a low-tier shounen setting with some mild supernatural bits...

But it turns out that the main antagonist (the Former Crimson King) could probably give the Moon Bunny a run for her money.
>>
>>50312199
>this rich lore
seems like you're the one projecting here. All I'm seeing is you inssting that some setting has only a single thing, and people telling you that there's more to do in the setting than that single thing.
>>
>>50312211
Eeh, not really. Gets wanked a bit too much by the fanbase.
>>
>>50312242
I just want to know what these other things to do are. What is ICO about, aside from saving Yorda from the Queen stealing her body? Seriously, is there something deeper here? Because all I remember is a plot about the Queen using some sort of dark magic fueled by the sacrificed horned children to extend her life through Yorda. What else is going on that I don't remember?
>>
>>50312279
wy are you asking me anon, I just showed up to point out that you look silly acting like a bigshot when for some game you play 10 yrs ago
>>
File: 318307.jpg (6KB, 156x197px) Image search: [Google]
318307.jpg
6KB, 156x197px
>>50312189
I wouldn't want to spoil Vision's moment... but odds are almost certain that my arrival would have derailed that whole plot long before then, so I'm probably the one picking it up at the equivalent party anyway.

Huh.
>>
>>50312211
The main contributor to the Wiki and some of the other fans are idiots, it is nowhere near as high power as you've read there or anywhere else.
>>
>>50312211
>>50312264
It's not that the endgame guys are weak (megaton grade attacks, people), it's that Naruto is even more bullshit. The ten tails was tossing around nuke level attacks, Madara uprooted entire countries as a Sage with both eyes, and supposedly Kaguya's giant Truth Seeking Ball was a planet buster. Supposedly, probably not though. This isn't even mentioning how Toneri cut the moon in half.
>>
>>50312340
Others are making the claim that there are things to do in ICO other than the plot with the queen and Yorda. I am asking them to substantiate this claim. So far there has been no evidence there's any deeper plot to this. I'm looking up story analyses of ICO and I'm not finding anything other than what I remember. Certainly nothing about demons or a seal. I was trying to be humble by acknowledging that there might have been something I forgot, but it's looking like I'm remembering perfectly well and these guys are just making things up.
>>
>>50312384
Yeah, that's what I meant. It's got a bit of a reputation for some people thinking SDK is a series as strong as (Usually stronger then) other popular shounen series. It's got some strong characters but it's really not the top tier a few people, very vocal people, believe it to be.
>>
>>50312384
Cutting the moon in half really isn't that big a deal in Naruto, people need to stop using it as an example of incredible power. The moon's hollow, you need to cut through a couple kilometers of rock at once. It's impressive that the Golden Wheel Reincarnation Explosion has the range to cut through the moon's entire circumference, and the efficiency that Toneri can afford to keep the beam going long enough to do it. But it's not a particularly impressive feat of power.
>>
>>50312102
To be fair, comic Thor is pretty cool when written competently. He is literally the god of protecting mortals, after all.

>If its in the comics, you pick it up to prevent the lady Thor who isn't Lady Thor arc from happening.
Don't tamper with fate. This is our penance for continuing to buy Marvel's shit while they pander to people who don't even read their comics. We must suffer until we stop and Marvel gets the message.
>>
>>50312054
Luna does not happen all the time, and I forgot to mention that--would that make it less OP?
>>
>>50312400
Well, the game clearly shows that there's a world, or at least an inhabited land, beyond the castle. So therefore there's something else you can do.

But hey, if you want your jumps to consist solely and exactly of what is seen on-camera, with nothing but impenetrable boundaries when you try to go places you couldn't reach in the game or try to open doors that weren't openable in the game, that's your chain, fanwank however you like.
>>
>>50312439
Anon, you're still cutting through several hundred kilometers of rock over thousands of kilometers in range in an instant. It's pretty fucking impressive. Sure it's not destroying a moon like Piccolo did but saying it's not a big deal or showcasing incredible power is a bit too much of an understatement.
>>
So with Doctor Strange being a thing now (though I haven't seen it), is it a safe guess that the MCU's Asgardian stuff is at least partially actually magic?
>>
>>50312424
Maybe not in terms of biggatons, but the FCK does the "army of afterimages" trick on someone who can dodge lightning. He himself can dodge attacks that are as fast as light, in addition to a shitton of esoteric attacks he can pull off.
>>
>>50312455
Probably pretty important
>>
>>50312475
It always blurred the line between the two.
>>
>>50312479
>light speed attacks
Ahaha. Come now anon, don't tell me you believe that silliness.
>>
>>50312462
That's not my point. My point is that anything outside the castle would be purely fanwank. There's very little to go on in making a jump of this. For purposes of making the jump, it's just the stuff inside the castle that we have to work with, and that's not much.
>>
>>50311898
Well, with UAMI, I flaunt it just to see the look on Thor's face.

Outside of that, my jumper is probably closer to pre-mortal Thor, do it may budge a little but probably won't really do anything.
>>
>>50312464
I'm not saying it's not impressive. Like I said, the range and efficiency of the attack is amazing. It's just not particularly high when it comes to raw damage.
>>
>>50312497
If you want to wank that the author was 'wrong' about his own story, that's fine. But don't try and force that on other people. Besides that, people in SDK really are hellaciously fast.
>>
>>50312502
Well, yes, for the purposes of _making_ the jump, there's not much to go on. But if the Benefactor offered it as part of my chain, I'd go play tourist (once I had some earlier jumps under my belt).
>>
>>50312550
Alternatively, the speed of light is lower in the SDK universe. Nothing says that C has to be constant in every dimension. Maybe it's only like a few thousand times the speed of sound, or something\.
>>
>>50312024
Okay, I reworded Recruitment a little. Let me know If I need to fix it some more.

[spoilers]Recruitment (400 CP, Discount Mercenary) - You can easily win over people as companions by talking to them during a fight or a debate. This can also apply to people who are friendly to you. You will have to come up with some kind of plausible reasoning to win them over to your side and it will have to make sense for the person to do it, like paying someone with no scruples to betray his boss, or telling an honorable knight that his king does not deserve his throne or his service. Do note that your reasoning has to be true and if you lie to someone to convince them to join your side, this perk will not work. You also seem to be able to draw powerful allies to your side.[/spoilers]
>>
>>50312550
Are you one of those fans anon? It seems like you are, given you think an attack is light speed because it has light in the name.
>>
>>50312562
Fair enough. I totally agree on that point, that it would be cool to explore. But the conversation was about making a jump of it, and I just don't think there's enough to go on.
>>
>>50312497
True, but he's also able to tank below-absolute zero attacks that destroy on a "quantum level". But he still massively outspeeds (again, to the point of producing "speed clones") someone who can dodge lightning which is still fucking ludicrous.
>>
>>50312475
I think the idea now is that it's magic that has advanced enough to look like tech? Maybe? There may not even be an official retcon, they just pretend they never said anything. Thor did say 'where I come from we call it one and the same' when talking about magic vs science, so they've got some leeway.

Personally I'm leaning towards yes, it's magic.
>>
>>50310429
>going through canon events in Madoka.

That's usually my primary reason for taking Return in any of my chains - everything I want to accomplish in Madoka revolves around the girls.

Generally speaking, I save Mami from a horrible death and invite her along, pair Sayaka with Kyosuke (fuck Hitomi, she can be with someone else), counsel/help Kyoko, mentor Madoka, and puzzle out the best way to handle Homura's insanity.
>>
>>50312597
What sort of lightning anon? Is this lightning coming from the sky to the ground or magic lightning someone made? Is he ready for an attack or was it completely unexpected? There's a bunch of different factors that make dodging lightning a lot less fast then you might think it is.
>>
>>50312400
In interest of ending this line of argument, which is arguably inane, I went to magic google, and searched for ICO lore. What I found, was apparently hidden text files buried in the game that went unused, which probably explains most of the things that anons were talking about with "seals" or "demons" or whatever shit.

Here, I'll even link it. http://www.glitterberri.com/ico/unused-dialogue-and-retranslation/
A lot of it is very evidently inference, but holy fuck people, do we not use google anymore? If even I can find it (it was the 3rd link by the way) then anyone should be able to find it without expecting to be spoon-fed, no?

I'm gonna go back to more starsector.
>>
>>50312580
No anon. Not everyone who disagrees with you is blinded by fanboyism, as discomfiting a thought that must be. But while Naruto and Bleach eventually outclass SDK in terms of firepower (ignoring esoteric bullshit like teleporting your opponent's attack inside of them), SDK generally keeps up in terms of speed. Having a lightspeed attack isn't exactly shocking.
>>
>>50312574
Anon, that's fucking retarded. Like, you'll get marginally different speeds depending on what it passes through and what's acting on it, but usually there's no reason to believe that the speed of light isn't constant unless there's some weird cosmology fuckery (such as Elder Scrolls, where nothing is true and everything is permitted).

Also, you'd think people that are OOM faster than sound would find it weird how reality seems to be lagging.
>>
So GHQ looks cool and all, but I'm curious of something. I don't know much about Bleach, but Hollows eat human souls, right? If you choose Hollow, do you have to eat people?
>>
Which settings would give me the ability to extract someone's soul without killing them?
>>
>>50312490
Same I always just considered MCU Asgardians as using Magitech
>>
>>50312695
Why would you assume that any laws of physics are the same in a magical universe, anon? That seems like a pretty big assumption to make.
>>
>>50312578
Wait what? Why can't you lie to someone? It seemed fine before, since you needed to give someone a plausible reason to join you. Why the nerf?
>>
>>50312641
Lightning from a summoned thundercloud in the sky, that the character did not see coming until after it started down.
>>
>>50312668
Yeah, dirge_, I read that page. Did you? Because there's no mention of seals or demons on it. Don't talk shit about people not reading things if you're not going to read either. I even fucking said that I was googling for ICO lore to figure out what people were talking about, you condescending ass.
>>
>>50312593
Hmm.

Drop-In. something exploiting game mechanics?
Horned Kid. something athletics, strange luck, endurance?
Kidnapped Princess. something romance, shadow power?
Evil Queen. something magic, shadow minions?

Items: magic sword. horned mooks. old castle.
>>
>>50312763
>game mechanic perklines
please no
>>
>>50312711
A different way to approach the issue may be to instead find advanced enough medical technology that you can force the body to stay alive after it's been de-souled. Franken Fran has a capstone that lets you revive the recently deceased, so you might be able to pull it off with that, though it's all comic-science as opposed to magic.
>>
>>50312597
http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Thebluedash/RWBY_Calc_ _Mercury_and_Emerald_dodges_lightning_and_Ruby_displaces_rocks_(Vivi%27s_calc)

Here's a neat little thing I found. Seems to be the same sort of situation, yet the top speed only comes out to a few hundred times the speed of sound. Impressive, not to the levels you're implying it to be since it's still lower then Naruto's top tiers. If you have a calc that supports our guy being even faster then one about a very similar feat, I'd be happy to be proven wrong by it.
>>
>>50312737
Lightning from a thundercloud generally reaches a speed of around 100 km/s which is equivalent to 0.03% the speed of light. In addition there are factors such as distance. For example; you could not possibly outrun a car that's going 150 km/h. But if the car is driving towards you at that speed but has to cross a distance of 50 meters then the odds are pretty good that you could get out of the way before it hit you.
>>
>>50312802
That sounds like it'd just put them into a coma though, I was thinking more like that one Simpsons episode
>>
>>50312728
Someone said it was too OP so I nerfed it. Lies do not apply to meta-knowlege, by the way. If you tell someone character is going to do x bad thing like they did in canon even when they haven't done it yet, that's not a lie.
>>
>>50312688
So...still riding that "Because he says it's light speed it is even if it is a huge outlier compared to everything so far and makes no real sense nor is really backed up with evidence" train eh? I guess you think Itachi's Amaterasu is as hot as the sun's core too and YYH characters can all bust planets with ease.
>>
How do I subjegate death?

>HP master of death
>Castlevania power of dominance

What else do I need?
>>
>>50312706
Pretty sure that's the case, yeah.

Might want to get one of the two soul food options if you're a good guy.
>>
>>50312829
I'm pretty sure Itachi actually just says as hot as the sun, not as hot as the sun's core. So that's not too unbelievable, depending on what part he was referring to. The surface of the sun is only a little hotter than a welding torch, for example.
>>
>>50312725
Anin, are you fucking trolling me?

Because fiction is generally "like reality unless noted"? Because that's the only way this whole thing works? Do you assume that different atmospheric compositions are default in fantasy realms, so arrows fly much slower or faster? Do you assume that you die in any fantasy setting because there's no evidence that the so-called "humans" breath the same type of air? Do you assume that tearing up an M1A1 Abram's armor in Marvel is less impressive than in DC because there's no way to know if they share the same tensile strength or shear resistance?
>>
>>50312578
Seems kinda of too far? I meant more putting mor emphasis on it being plausible. For example, if you tell an honorable knight his king doesn't deserve the throne, you need to back that shit up instead of having the guy instantly believe you with no evidence and years of loyalty cementing his belief in his king's honour. Being able to lie to people is fine but the previous version of the perk just seemed to be closer to instant brainwashing if something might happen instead of needing some sort of convincing proof.
>>
>>50312834
Master of Death means nothing, in Harry Potter. It's just a title. The only place it actually gives you anything is bad fanfic.
>>
I have to ask. Westworld jump when?
>>
>>50312877
Damn.
>>
>>50312863
Anon, it's just an example of things fictitious characters say that are over exaggerating or just obviously untrue, yet are taken as fact by some fans simply because they're said. I can bring up some more example if you really want but I reckon it go the point across.
>>
>>50309903
I'm still fairly humanish, so "how I see the world" is really just how I've always seen it, just with a wider visible spectrum. Even then, I tend to stick to my Companions and a couple of folks per Jump. I don't often make waves in new places, other than "here comes Jane with another bit of nonsense. Don't question it."

Though, as far as genre shifts? my Slice of Life turned sorta Drama-ish towards the end, with Chisame's father trying to force her into an arranged marriage with one of his JDF buddies.
>>
>>50312816
Well, the initial request was to keep them alive, and coma is technically alive.

That said, I don't know anything off-hand that exactly fits what you want. You may be able to jerry-rig something if you mess around with Kingdom Hearts metaphysics, though you'll probably want to steal their Hearts and turn them into Nobodies instead of stealing their souls, since souls in KH are more like willpower than what we usually think of as souls. I'm pretty sure it doesn't explicitly allow you to purchase the ability to do that, however.

Or, magic from the Disney Princess jump. That sounds very much like something black Disney magic might be able to do.

Have you also considered just maxing out your bluff and convincing them you have their soul? That might work depending on what you want to do.
>>
>>50312804
Well, actually it's not "summoned" whatever that anon's smoking. It's called down from an existing cloud.
>>
So I know Bancho shouldn't ever be jumping due to what he is but I am curious... What would his Shadow in persona even be like?

I bet it's just Bancho. An exact copy
>>
Are there any perks that can replicate the evil empowerment spell from DBZ Xenoverse, the one that Towa and Demigra use? It's basically a spell that empowers, corrupts, and controls (?) those who it's used on. I want it so I can play the role of big bad that works behind the scenes. If a combo is needed, that works too.
>>
>>50311828
The Drop-in Capstone seems a bit OP compared to the rest. I mean a major stat boost and a free OP Holy Weapon?, I see no reason not to go Drop-in, unless a jumper wants to get Loptyr Tome. I'd recommend giving jumper the stat boosts for the normal 600cp perk, then having the jumper pay an extra undiscounted 200CP to gain the corresponding holy weapon.

Unless I'm misreading the perks and the minor and major holy blood grant the same stat boosts and the major holy blood just grants you the usage of the holy weapon, in which case disregard this advice.
>>
>>50312864
Yes to all of those things, with the exception of dying spontaneously. I assume that Jump-chan alters my biology to the local norm. That would have to be the case in order for me to buy various powers. But yes, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that anything in a fantasy universe is the same as in ours, just because it outwardly looks the same. A world with magic is not just "our world, plus some other stuff". All the laws of physics are linked, you can't change one variable without cascading effects. Trying to shove something new into our own physical laws would distort them as it makes room. Only worlds that have the same laws of physics as ours can be compared to ours, because there's no context to compare the others. I won't force this on you if you insist otherwise, so let's please not get into an argument about this. But there are lots of ways for two universes to look superficially similar but have massively different principles underlying them, so I don't feel comfortable assuming things are the same.
>>
>>50312804
I hate vs. battles.

In Super Mario World, a little comedic cutscene plays every time you beat a Koopaling, where the castle is destroyed in a humorous manner. In one of these, Mario picks up the castle and punts it away. vs. battles has decided that this means Mario is strong enough to lift a castle.
>>
>>50312829
Of course. Why do you assume that superhumans in shonen of all fucking things are automatically bullshitting when they say that they can blow a ton of shit up?
>>
>>50312706
Can't you just eat other Hollows instead?
>>
>>50312934
His Shadow would probably be both a better and worse person. Better because he will admit his plans are evil and/or insane, and worse because he won't give a shit and will lack any good traits that Bancho has, and he does have some.
>>
>>50312879

Assuming you mean the HBO series, I would wait until the series is over, or at the very least, until a few seasons are past since they have apparently planned it out to 5 seasons worth of story.

Too much is unknown and up in the air to properly build a jump at this time.
>>
>>50312938
Well, once we have Infernals you can use the charm Path of a Thousand Whispers. It's an Essence 10 charm, so it will take you a while to get to it. But it gives a huge power boost to a target while giving you control over them. It also lets you respec their character sheet, so you can take all the XP they've got dedicated to things you don't care about and put it into the traits you want. Oh, and they get access to your personal charm tree as a Devil-Tiger, that's pretty cool. It's basically a make your own Exalted charm, though not as good as the real thing.
>>
>>50312958
So it makes some silly mistakes sometimes. Does that mean everything it does is bad and inaccurate? Seems like a bit of a fallacy to me anon.

>>50312965
Feats or GTFO man. Just because someone says something, doesn't mean they can do it, especially when it's a huge outlier or goes against prior information.
>>
>>50312969
>5 seasons
I didn't know I could be this erect. Also, does anyone know if the book or original movies are any good?
>>
>>50312968
There's actually precedent for that, kind of. One of the party members in Persona 5, Futaba, is self-destructive and suicidal when you first meet her. This results in her Shadow actually wanting to help her and make her a better and more emotionally stable person, because that's what the opposite of her personality is.
>>
>>50312759
>A lot of it is very evidently inference
Did you even read my entire post? Or were you looking specifically for the word seal or demon? Because neither of those will show up, but there are plenty of lines that people can infer from which a boundary between the world exists, a caste difference has been implemented, and there's a necessary ritual to cross the boundary between the worlds.

>Their leader uses a pulsating sword to gain access to a chamber in the interior.
>This is all for the good of the village.
>To give your life in service
to nobility such as we…
>That is why you were brought
to this castle, is it not?
>It will also serve to put his people
in their place.
>>
>>50312987
It makes silly mistakes quite a lot desu. I'm disappointed anyone on this site would defend it.
>>
>>50310901
You know, I'm pretty sure you meant 'at your discretion' but this is jumpchain so desecration is a very real possibility.
>>
>>50313025
Yeah, I did. And I don't see that inference. All I see is exactly the things the game presents itself as being about. There's a magic castle. You need to use magic to get inside it. People hate the horned children and sacrifice them. That's not inference, that's explicit text. There's nothing about guarding a seal, nothing about any demons trying to "break the cycle", nothing even about the world outside the castle being destroyed and broken. That initial post the person was talking about was garbage.
>>
>>50311828
>Nihil discount mercenary
Goddamit Nika, I'm going to need like, a fifth version of my build now.

I was already having trouble buying everything I wanted.

Still, glad you took my suggestions.

Is the second N/D technique discounted to mercenary?

You should make a specific note that the crusader weapons are off limits - or at least, can't be used - before you link the weapons lists.

No 'room and a meal at an inn once per week' item?

Not sure if you have anywhere to put this, but for the mercenaries, maybe a perk that lets you find broken down fortresses, fix them up, and take them over?
>>
>>50312870
That would make sense. How's this?

Recruitment (400 CP, Discount Mercenary) - You can easily win over people as companions by just talking to them during a fight or a debate. This can also apply to people who are friendly to you. You will have to come up with some kind of plausible (emphasis on plausible) reasoning to win them over to your side and it will have to make sense for the person to do it, like paying someone with no scruples to betray his boss, or telling an honorable knight that his king does not deserve his throne or his service. You have to be able to back up your words, with proof. You will have to have proof of the king’s evil deeds, for example, and any corrupt behavior he’s done. The more hostile a person is to you, the likelier this perk will not work. You also seem to be able to draw powerful allies to your side.
>>
>>50313031
What's your alternative anon? "It's what I say it is because I said so"? I'd much rather have people try to give accurate calcs and use my own judgement as to whether to trust them or not then decide some random anon has the right of it because he says so.
>>
>>50313067
Looks good.
>>
>>50312480
If it's game mechanics, then It has a MAXIMUM chance at about 60%.
>>
File: 1474519394927.png (84KB, 500x517px)
1474519394927.png
84KB, 500x517px
Jumps that let you be related to canon characters?
>>
>>50312829
I guess you're right, anon. Maybe I should have come at this from the other direction, Brannigan's Law and all that.
>>
>>50312978
Damn, that is good, thanks anon. How long does it take to get access to that level of charms? I assume a few centuries, that's what I got told for Dragonbloods after all.
>>
>>50313084
....okay? My post still stands I think? If at 'MAXIMUM' it's only just over 1/2 chance, that seems like a pretty important to note difference.
>>
>>50313025
Fuck off, man, stop pretending to be dirge_. He only uses his name when he's talking about one of his jumps, he's said that a thousand times by now. Stop stirring shit using his identity.
>>
>>50313086
King Arthur
>>
>>50313097
>Forbidding interference with undeveloped planets to help them but allows exploitation of them
Wut. How is this even related?
>>
>>50313065
1. The second N/D technique is not discounted to mercenary--taking mercenary just means one of the two is free. You will still have to buy the other one.

2. Yeah, that would make sense for me to mention that.

3. I'll consider it.

4. I'm pretty sure you can do that without needing a perk.
>>
>>50313086
The Incredibles, Devil Survivor 1 and sort of 2 (if you view Alcor as being a relative of Polaris), Genealogy, Arrow, and Naruto.
>>
>>50313086
Buffyverse, and FMA lets you replace one of the Homunculi
>>
So, Jumpers, does your team include any of the new Pokémon?
>>
>>50313106
He's probably just being pissy today, he derailed a topic on giant robots in the IRC to bitch about the engineering industry.
>>
>>50313086
Genealogy, technically.
>>
>>50313161
>to bitch about the engineering industry.
What about it?
>>
>>50313086
Harry Potter and ASoIaF are the ones of mine where that's allowed. Fire Emblem: Awakening as well sort of with the kid option and the Avatar drawback.

I almost stuck a perk in Sitcoms that let you be a family member of one of the characters of whatever setting you went to afterwards but decided it was overly meta, felt a bit like I was ruining the backgrounds people had designed and I couldn't account for the potential abuses of it.

Recently I've started just implanting myself in the memory of key characters as a family member if I wanted that background enough using the Parasite perk from Rick and Morty. It's not quite the same thing and it's a lot sleazier but ah well.
>>
>>50313158
Pokemon is for children.
>>
>>50313178
Yes, and?
>>
>>50313099
Infernals use the Solar progression table for stats, meaning that to get to Essence 10 they need to be at least 1000 years old. So yeah, it will take a while. On the plus side, once you have The Song of the Shadow (I got the name wrong earlier, Path of a Thousand Whispers is its prereq), you can make them pretty cheaply. It works by channeling the power through one of your Third Circle Demons, so they spend the motes and Willpower for it. Costs you nothing. So you can make about four or five a day without any risk to you, providing you send your demon back into your Inner World to rest every time and keep it safe.
>>
File: 1447890464285.jpg (100KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447890464285.jpg
100KB, 540x720px
>>50313086
Teen Titans,
>>
>>50313158

Decidueye is an asset of my team--he's my sneaky assassin sniper buddy who kills people when everyone else is busy or can't be associated with their deaths.
>>
File: 1479178076155.png (96KB, 496x560px)
1479178076155.png
96KB, 496x560px
>>50313158
I'm seriously considering doing some retconning to get Mimikyu as a starter.
>>
>>50313003

I liked the original 1970s movie with Yul Brenner, but I've not read the original screenplay or seen the sequel, Futureworld (although I hear it is bad).

I think Westworld will make for a nice jump once a lot more of the current storyline is known, so I look forward to it in the future.
>>
>>50310429
I used mine to go through the first few Star Trek movies. I let Kirk deal with V-Ger and that nonsense, but I managed to Finagle an excuse to be on the Enterprise for Wrath of Khan.

Then I nearly destroyed Earth by punching out Spock.

I was immune to radiation at that point, so I stopped him from going in to fix the warp engines and did it myself. He lived, I lived, Khan died, we all went home happy. David and Saavik went to study Genesis, and it wasn't until we got word about the Grissom's unexplained disappearance that I remembered Star Trek III and IV.

Ended up kidnapping the crew and stealing the Enterprise just in time to miss the Whale Probe, and Star Trek IV happened about as normal. Problem was, the Enterprise was an old ship, and that last time warp was the last straw. Turns out the old Constitution-class had saucer separation features for emergencies, so we crashed the primary hull into San Fransisco Bay.

Good times.

>>50313158
Original 150 Purist.
totally not because I don't know any of the new ones.
>Emmy--Eevee
>Oleander ("Ollie") -- Bulbasaur -> Venusaur
>Nimue -- Caterpie -> Butterfree
>Cassandra -- Vulpix -> Ninetails

>>50313178
Hi there. Jane Doe, Perpetual Child.
>Squidge -- Dratini -> Dragonair
>Cleveland -- Kabuto -> Kabutops
>>
>>50313139
>4. I'm pretty sure you can do that without needing a perk.

Well, there are probably political ramifications, especially in a medieval world, but the idea was to do it quickly or something. Like, even if it is run down, it probably still belongs to someone. But you fix it up and stuff, and then they just let you have it.
>>
>>50313200
I'm disappointed that I have to take drawbacks if I want to be a half-demon and have an origin besides drop-in.
>>
>>50313200
I may have waifu'd my sister.
>>
>>50313198
That's perfect, I can deal with a thousand year waiting period for something like that. Many thanks, anon.
>>
File: f24.png (243KB, 995x971px) Image search: [Google]
f24.png
243KB, 995x971px
>>50313158
Pic related
>>
>>50313221
Well considering being a Half-Demon gives you the potential to be more powerful ans versatile than everything else in the jump put together, I'd say that's fair.
>>
>>50313200
Since Tamaranian provided the full range of the siblings' powers, not just the baseline tamaranian ones, does that mean you're almost certainly Starfire and Blackfire's sibling from taking that option?
>>
>>50313169
Oi, that reminds me, how big of a deal would it be for a Noble to have Major Holy Blood? I know Drop Ins would get incredibly confused and startled reactions, but what about a Noble Jumper?
>>
>>50313212

Alrighty, makes more sense. I'll consider it.
>>
>>50313221
Creepy Pasta forces me into being a Cryptid to get the ONE THING I want from that Jump.

>>50313209
wow, I screwed up the last half of that post.

Original 150 Purist.
totally not because I don't know any of the new ones.[/spoiler]
>Emmy--Eevee
>Oleander ("Ollie") -- Bulbasaur -> Venusaur
>Nimue -- Caterpie -> Butterfree
>Cassandra -- Vulpix -> Ninetails
>Squidge -- Dratini -> Dragonair
>Cleveland -- Kabuto -> Kabutops
>>
>>50313158
The sad fact is that 90% of the new pokemon turned out to be shit, or legendaries.
>>
Would it be feasible to use a soul-devouring ability (such as Dark Binding) and Soul Channeling (Supernatural) to drain the "power" from a soul while keeping the "core" intact so I can later release it into the wild?
>>
>>50313229
There's nothing wrong with that.
>>
The IRC. Has devolved. Into Fate-posting.

:/
>>
File: rockruff-770x562.png (165KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
rockruff-770x562.png
165KB, 770x562px
>>50313158
Rockruff is objectively the most adorable Pokemon.
>>
>>50313245
Is that true in the cartoon too and not just the mainline comics?

I heard that the TT cartoon comics added more lore to that.
>>
>>50313280
No
>>
>>50313233
Oh, and one more thing I should mention: Third Circle demons can be pretty abstract, they don't have to look like creatures. Many Third Circle demons are living features of the Malfean landscape, and we have at least one example of one that's a living emotion. So if you don't want to have there be a visual of you summoning another creature to do the Investiture of Infernal Glory for you, you could have it be a demon that manifests as a light or cocoon enveloping the target, or a machine that alters them, or just a vague aura of corruption.
>>
>>50313290
Everything is wrong with that.
>>
>>50313300
Too bad about its evolutions.

They're generic wolfo and ugly looney tunes werewolf.
>>
>>50313300
Yeah, he's pretty great. Better than Litten, certainly. Dog better than cat. Especially once cat evolves. Torracat's "bell" is actually a fleshy oil-spraying glad. Gross.
>>
>>50313318
You can't stop me from sinning.
>>
>>50313245
I remember Starfire saying that everyone on her planet can fly. Are you sure the abilities aren't innate in the show?
>>
>>50313300
That's an odd way to spell "Eevee."

Neat cartoon dog, though.
>>
>>50313086
Ranma 1/2 has a drawback that makes you Ranma's brother. Same with Travelers Gate
>>
>>50313307
The more I hear about this charm the more I want it. Is it attached to a particular Yozi?
>>
>>50313304
Indeed it is, it is mentioned in the Cartoon's tie in comic, so yes it is canon to the show.

>>50313331
Tamaranians all have some powers including flight, but Starfire and her siblings have several other powers that came from an experiment. Namely the plasma stuff.
>>
>>50313243
It's not even about the perks, it's about how Mystery/Drop-in doesn't have any history in the world, and therefore no history with Raven.
>>
>>50313293
When you're dealing with multiple timelines and the concept of Conservation of Events existing?

People will discuss it.

Bitch some more, or come up with a better topic that'll take people's minds off of it. And which name are you in there, I want to mock you real quick.
>>
>>50313245
No, other Tamaraneans can have those powers we just never see them.
>>
>>50313347
Nope, it's Heretical, any Infernal can have it provided they've gone Devil-Tiger. And you're going to go Devil-Tiger, it's stupid not to.
>>
>>50313352
>Indeed it is, it is mentioned in the Cartoon's tie in comic, so yes it is canon to the show.
Then it's pretty cut and dry, you're related to Starfire, Darkfire, and Wildfire. Without KOTOR saying otherwise, anyway.
>>
>>50313280
Pretty sure neither can do that.
>>
>>50313363
KOTOR Anon, what do you suppose would happen if you "devoured" a self-duplicate using either Recolada (SftD) or Consume (Prototype)?
>>
>>50313365
I was planning on going Devil Tiger anyway, so that's fine by me.
>>
File: 1387235871308.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1387235871308.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>50313278
My only question is

WHY IS EVERYTHING SO SLOW
>>
>>50313280
>so I can later release it into the wild?

>Jumper attempts to release a soul from captivity
>"Go on now, you're free"
>Soul turns around and looks at jumper
>"Hey, go on, git!"
>Soul just stares at you
>"Get out, can't you see I don't want you anymore?!"
>Tears are streaming down jumper's face
>Soul turns around and heads off to face the world
>Soul is immediately eaten by a passing Hollow
>>
>>50313322
The day form is alright.

I can't take the midnight one seriously because it reminds me of a bad 90's glam rock band.

>>50313323
Yeah, I was pretty disappointed with the starters. They apparently forgot Incineroar ISN'T supposed to be fire/fighting.

>Dog better than cat.
Truth.

>>50313334
Go and stay go.
>>
>>50313363
If you say so, doesn't really make much sense though.
>>
>>50313363
Even in light of the tie-in comics saying the plasma stuff is from an experiment like anon says?
>>
>>50313390
What I'm really disappointed in is that Rowlet doesn't grow increasingly dapper as it evolves. I mean, it still looks good and is probably the best of the starters. But come on, it could have grown absolutely adorable. Don't give me an owl with a bow tie and then have him get less fancy as he evolves.
>>
File: 8.jpg (376KB, 1025x1600px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
376KB, 1025x1600px
>>50313366
>Wildfire
Oh shit, is there another sist-
Dammit.
>>
>>50313256

If you really want to explore the ramifications behind it, it's likely there'd be political tensions over who gets to be head of the family depending on the bloodline. I don't think it ever comes up in-game, though, that's just a headcanon of mine. I feel that it should go to the person who was born with the major blood first (Which is assume will be the canon major holy blood carrier). And since they have a copy of a Holy Weapon somewhere, they'd probably be seen as a threat by some people outside the family, and would react in kind. The Loptyr Bloods would see someone with Holy Naga Blood as a threat, for example, since they want Loptyr on the throne and they can't have that with a Naga Blood running around.

But if a noble jumper really wants to be head of the family, assassination isn't out of the question. It'll be looked down upon if it comes to light, obviously.

So I'm guessing, "Some tension but not much, could be seen as a threat by certain other families"
>>
>>50313396
Can you post a link or source image? Because I've never come across that in my research.

>>50313379
SftD?
>>
>>50313385
"Because Hawaii takes it easy!"

Which might be true, but it's still idiotic and makes mots of your pokemon shit. There is ZERO reason not to give them bulk to make up for the slow speed. It'd make sense. But noooo, instead everything has low stats or is a mixed a attacker. A slow, frail, mixed attacker. Fuckin' garbage.

The ones that are good are the sea urchin, the slut lizard, and the hipster fly. And the legendaries obviously.
>>
>>50313390
It's a Heel wrestler, that fits dark type perfectly.

>>50313414
He looks like a genderbent Starfire, what the hell.
>>
>>50313414
Yeah, sorry anon. No cute wild child sister for you.

>>50313435
Well, that is her brother. That does happen sometimes.
>>
>>50313426
>SftD?
Speaker For The Dead, I believe.
>>
>>50313426
>StfD
Speaker for the Dead. You merge with someone, becoming an amalgation of mind and body, and in the process gaining their biological abilities.
>>
>>50313435
>It's a Heel wrestler, that fits dark type perfectly.
Yes, but why? Its other evolutions didn't have anything to do with wrestling, why become a wrestler in its final form?
>>
>>50313459
To justify making it bipedal like all fire starters must be.
>>
>>50313459
Look. Be glad it wasn't another Fire/Fighting
>>
>>50313455
>Recolada or Consume
>Gaining the biological abilities of whatever you eat.
Absolutely nothing since duplicates just have weaker versions of your own abilities.
>>
>>50313504
Doesn't the first one have the your abilities at equal potency, then each one after is half? I'm more thinking if your clone used morphing from Animorphs to the two hour limit (thereby making whatever they morphed into their base form) and then devouring yourself to incorporate the new biological traits.
>>
>>50313068
More like it's what 'the author says because he's writing the story'. Citing a bunch of idiots on the internet for 'calcs' from a story entirely different than the one being discussed, on the other hand, is completely nonsensical.
>>
>>50313544
>Doesn't the first one have the your abilities at equal potency, then each one after is half?
Yes.

>if your clone used morphing from Animorphs to the two hour limit (thereby making whatever they morphed into their base form) and then devouring yourself to incorporate the new biological traits.
I suppose that would work.
>>
>>50313352
>>50313245
Where did you find the info that only Starfire and her siblings can use their specific powersets in the cartoon? I know it's a thing in the comics but from all I've seen and read the show went with a different explanation.
>>
>>50313427
Seriously? Best Pokemon that has cost guts is actually one of best competitively?
>>
>>50313628
>Best Pokemon that has cost guts
What?
>>
>>50313583
Ahuh. You enjoy that then anon, just don't force it on more reasonable people who might not take one author's statements as gospel in a place all about different settings crossing over.
>>
>>50313630
*fist guts

Fucking autocorrect
>>
>>50313427
Mudsdale? Nice bulk, great attack, and Stamina is a pretty awesome ability.
>>
>>50313647
Oh no, Pyukamuka or however it's spelled is really shitty. The pokemon I'm talking about is named Toxapex.

>>50313650
It's not shit, but it's not really all that special. Probably UU though, so it's above the majority of Alolan mons, who are unforgivably bad.
>>
>>50312475

Eh... Doctor Strange basically used the same answer to the question that Marvel used in Thor - a vague version of Clarke's "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
>>
>>50313630
>>50313647
No, Pyukumuku is a sea cucumber. The urchin anon is talking about is Toxapex.
>>
>>50313663
I haven't played competitive in years. Is even the pseudo shit this gen? It's the fighting/dragon, right?
>>
>>50313693
It's shit for a pseudo. It doesn't excel at anything, its stats are spread around, making it a generalist. On top of that, it has a shallow and weak movepool. So amongst pseudos, it's at the bottom.
>>
>>50313669
But is sufficiently advanced magic indistinguishable from technology?
>>
>>50313712
If you focus on ease of use and self-contained effects, yeah.
>>
>>50313712
Sufficiently advance magic is reality warping. Sufficiently analyzed magic is science.
>>
>>50313669
Didn't he and his mentor write it all off as different dimensional laws of reality? Honestly the MCU still feels like it makes everything out to be science desu. It's just that the laws of science as Earthrealmers know them aren't the same in every plane of reality.

I am surprised at what mystical scrublords all the Asgardians and their rivals seem to be in comparison though. With just a few months' training and without an Infinity Stone, Strange has me convinced he could take Loki in a magical duel.
>>
>>50313763
Asgardians are mostly focused on being fighters, not mages and Loki does seem to only really go for trickery magic, not big blasty magic. So yeah, makes sense.
>>
>>50313616
Teen Titans Go, the the tie in comic book series from 2003 not the god awful reboot. Don't remember which issue and there are 55 issues so it would be somewhat difficult to look through them all to find the quote.

It is also listed on the wiki but that's not likely worth much.

Does anyone else think it strange that despite all tamaranians supposedly being able to fly and have super strength they never show those abilities? In the only episode where other tamarainans show up they never fly and their soldiers are taken out like standard mooks.
>>
>>50313784
Maybe their flight is less efficient and their super strength lower.
>>
Just a reminder that even good capeshit is full of plot holes and inconsistent as fuck.
>>
>>50313763

I saw the movie once. IIRC, the Ancient One tells Strange that they have understanding of the fundamental laws of the omni-verse, and fueled effects by tapping into the energies of dimensions.

As for everything being science... well.. the magic/science dichotomy doesn't really make sense most of the time. Science is a method - and it is easily applied to what people consider magic in most cases (given magic follows any framework of rules).
>>
>>50313856
Honestly, when people say 'science' in these contexts, they usually should be saying technology. Probably what they think of when they say science anyway.
>>
>>50313669
>>50313763
Magic and Science are the same thing, viewed from a different angle, and interacted with via different mediums.
>>
>>50313906
See >>50313856
Magic is a thing, Science is a method. Use the right terms.
>>
>>50313906
Well, in comics Marvel, magic is straight-up not science. It actually got offended and refused to work when Reed Richards treated it as such.
>>
>>50313880
Except that technology is the application of science for practical purposes. That's why techniques and knowledge can be classified as technology. So magic would be technology, too. I think we need a new word entirely.
>>
>>50313945
>I think we need a new word entirely.
Mechanics.
The use of Mechanisms to manipulate the natural laws, as opposed to energies that are either internal, or trans-dimensional, along with simple foci.
>>
>>50313942
That was less about it being incomprehensible by the scientific method and more about his attitude towards it. "It's just science and therefore it should bow to me like all things science do". It was offended by the arrogance of his assumptions, not the assumptions themselves. There are plenty of people in Marvel who have successfully studied magic with the scientific method, they just had to treat it with respect along the way. A social science as much as a physical one, I guess.
>>
>>50313945
Esoteric and Material Sciences?
>>
>>50313942
Which is why magic will forever be based. Reed Richards is a giant cunt.
>>
>>50313942

Marvel (comics reality) isn't necessarily relevant to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
>>
>>50313969
Eh. I'd say it doesn't really count as true science if it changes based on how it feels about you.

Social science is mostly pseudo-science, anyway.
>>
>>50313945
Applied Magics.

Engineering and Tech are Applied Sciences. Artificing and the like can be Applied Magics.
>>
>>50313993
It works that way because the magic that humans use in Marvel is primarily invocation-based, drawing on spirits for power. That's why it was possible for it to be offended. The spirits themselves have the true science of magic.
>>
>>50313988
True enough. Doom has done way more to help society than Richards ever has.

All hail Doom.

>>50313990
I know, just saying science isn't universally applicable to magic.
>>
>>50314006
Can humans use true magic in Marvel?
>>
>>50314006
On a similar note: I kind of want to make a Grim War jump. It's a setting for Wild Talents, where magic is all spirit invocation (and spirit conjuration, it draws a distinction between those two terms). So while the real magic is the stuff the spirits do, you can still apply the scientific method to magic by studying how human spells interact with spirits. Scientifically-minded wizards are basically spiritual biologists, it's kind of neat.

>>50314022
Yes. It's much rarer and more difficult, though. That's one of the reasons why Doctor Strange himself is considered such a big deal, he's old enough (it doesn't get brought up much, but due to differing time flow on different planes, Strange is actually tens of thousands of years old) that he's learned to do magic all on his own.
>>
>>50311898
I teleport into the middle of nowhere in New Mexico and find myself on the edge of a relatively small crater. SHIELD personnel start screaming at me to get on my knees with my hands behind my head as I step over the lip of the crater. I regard the hammer with curiosity.

I wrap my fingers around the grip of the hammer, brace myself, and lift. The hammer shifts, before rising about two inches... and that's about it before it slips from my grip. My lips quirk in a bemused smile as I pull out a wand and wave it over the hammer, analyzing it.

SHIELD has stopped screaming bloody murder and are more along the lines of going 'who is he and how did he do that?' and someone is probably interrupting Nick Fury in the middle of his coffee.

I put my wand away, reach down and do it again, and for a split second it looks like I've got a hammer in my other hand before it disappears and the hammer falls again, two centimeters away from where it was at first. And then I shrug, smile, and teleport away.

Because I'm using Cheat Mode to clone every fucking artifact in the MCU that I can.

I have other things to write up first, but... yes, you can expect this.
>>
>>50313763
Well, of course Earth produces the best mages. It's literally the center of the omniverse.
>>
Always bothered me but what's the temperature in the Warehouse without Heat/A.C?
>>
>>50313945
Technology is the use of scientific knowledge to create tools. Science is the study of nature to accumulate knowledge.
>>
>>50314066
Just warm enough to be uncomfortable
>>
>>50314072
Yes, but knowledge is itself a tool, if you apply it. For example, agriculture.
>>
>>50313993
>true science

Fuck you. If a thing exists, and you're studying it to determine the rules it follows, then you're doing science.
>>
>>50314053
But didn't the War of the Seven Speheres and the results kind of get forgotten about and Strange ended up way weaker in recent years because he couldn't call upon higher beings, so he was limited to what amounts to parlor tricks?
>>
>>50314078
Let's not devolve into semantics here, you little shit.
>>
>>50314087
I think so. I kind of stopped paying attention to Marvel and DC, so I'm not up to date.
>>
>>50314080
Cryptozoology is legit, then?
>>
>>50314066
Hot in the summer, cold in the winter, just like any warehouse.
>>
>>50314099
>if a thing exists
>>
>>50314091
It's a discussion about terminology. It can't devolve to semantics because semantics is where it started. And it is a meaningful distinction. Agriculture is a technology, but it's more than just the physical tools that are used to practice agriculture. The knowledge is just as important. Same with metallurgy, or chemistry, or any other field of technology that's focused around making things rather than doing things.
>>
I kind of want someone to do a mystic background in Marvel. Not because I care about the magic – having to call on spirits for power is meh – but because I want that bitching cloak and to be able to legit be known as the Sorcerer Supreme.
>>
>>50314022
Humans do have personal reserves of energy they can tap for magic, but for the most part it works like Slayers magic and invokes a slew of different entities.
>>
>>50314110
Cryptozoologist have been right like once before. They were right about platypuses.
>>
If you used toggle from YJ or Incredibles, could you shut off your A Certain Scientific Railgun AIM field to let you safely use the setting's magic?
>>
>>50314151
Sounds reasonable to me.
>>
>>50314151
Don't see why not.
>>
>>50314148
and giant squids.
>>
>>50314151
Yes, but only if you've got nice tits.
>>
>>50314162
That too. So the science of Bigfoot is legit.
>>
>>50314148
If only they theorized about weird bugs they'd be right more often. Always lots of weird new bugs.
>>
>>50314072
I think of it like this.
Using an explosive to propel something: Applied Physics
Throwing something with your arm: Applied Biology
Throwing something with your mind: Applied Metaphysics
>>
>>50314176
How many jumps are there where Bigfoot is real, anyway?
>>
>>50314177
Who was that 19th century biologist who when asked what his research had showed him about God's plan, replied "He seems to have an inordinate fondness for beetles"?
>>
To whoever mentioned an Avengers Assemble jump earlier, if that jump ever happens would Hyperion's powers work as a capstone?
>>
>>50314176
>That too. So the science of Bigfoot is legit.
Legit awesome, you mean.
>>
>>50314151
I think there's a perk in Age of Wonders that lets you use opposing magics without the issues that would normally cause. Given that esper stuff is a type of magic I'd say that could work.
>>
>>50314198
No clue, but he's right, the two most species rich classifications on earth are the beetles and the nematodes.
>>
>>50314192
All of them if you just believe.
>>
>>50314198
>google "scientist god had fondness for beetles"
gives this https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._B._S._Haldane
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (46KB, 347x346px)
thumbs up.jpg
46KB, 347x346px
>>50314055
>>
>>50314192
Red Dead Undead Nightmare lets you get a sasquatch companion.
>>
>>50311898
It doesn't move. At fucking all.
I'm 99% sure that being a cannibal who 'only eats the bad guys' is not worthy.

That said, I'll analyze the shit out of it. And come up with some sweet-ass cestuses (cesti?) or brass knuckles that mimic it's abilities.
>>
There was a myst jump, right? or at least a WIP for one?
>>
>>50314066
Pick a starting temperature. Whenever its door/portal was open it would then attempt to find an equilibrium based on the net heat production on each side of the door as moderated by the ability of the door/portal to transfer that heat.

At least, in those settings which had laws of thermodynamics similar to ours. NFI how it'd work in places like Exalted or the Dreamlands that run on completely different rules.

Another, potentially more important, issue is that the Warehouse "air conditioning" doesn't appear to be include ventilation - so if you have too many people inside and too small an opening to the outside world, the air is going to get... not so fresh.
>>
>>50314224
>nematodes

God confirmed Lovecraftian terror, 0/10 would not worship
>>
>>50312475
From what I can tell, I think they're suggesting that magic and science are simply two paths to the same goals, and that the paths are close enough together to borrow from each other.
Remember when the Ancient One showed that book with the acupuncture, the chakras, and the MRI? She mentioned that each group or whatever was only seeing part of the whole picture.
>>
>>50314423
But the nematodes love you and wish to be with you always, they just want to have a nice home within you.
>>
>>50311898
>he doesnt have powerful enough magic to manipulate the hammer to allow you to lift it
>he cant create a better weapon
>>
>>50314066
Whatever the ambient of where you open the door/portal to it, I've assumed.

>>50311898
I actually didn't get an opportunity. I was rather...noisy when I arrived, and Fury was deciding whether to lock me away or fold me into the Avengers Initiative.

Something about nearly collapsing the Metlife building being "overkill" for stopping a purse-snatcher.
>>50309663
Also, a Build!
Jump 97: Sports
>Location
Rolled 2--Normal High School
>Team Bonus
Equipment
>Origin
Alias: Jane Doe
Sex: Female
Drop-In
>Abilities
The Toughness to Walk it Off--mild healing buff, can run full-tilt until collapse regardless of injury
The Fear of the Weak--project exaggerated image to others to generate fear, bypasses illusion immunity
The Growth of the Juggernaut--get faster and stronger as fight continues, so long as seriously fighting and body survives
>Items
Sports Equipment--Baseball kit

Move past my disappointment that there's no power-locking drawback, and get straight onto the school baseball team as a right-fielder. Chisame had a bit of nostalgia and enjoyed going to high school, right up through the first day of classes, and used her Trill form to blend in better. It really boils down to playing baseball, holding myself to just-above-human-level, and going through high school, university, and a bit of graduate school, just to get another doctorate--Physical Therapy, this time.
>>
>>50311898
Nothing, just a bit of nostalgia before i send the giant god-hammer into my forge to forge the weapon anew, now knowing i am not worthy now.

but i can be...
>>
So if I just care about the normal flexibility of it instead of epic level BS, is there any reason to bother with actual D&D magic over Overlord?
>>
>>50311898
-> >>50311935
> Pick up the hammer.
> Odin sends Destroyer to get back the hammer.
> I just give them the hammer.
> ????
>>
>>50314556
Wrong question. Overlord magic is so much less clearly defined that it allows for much, much more fanwank. D&D magic is very precisely defined and only allows for fanwank after using out of context powers along with it.

Which appeals more to you? Because that's the only meaningful difference.
>>
>>50314192
Gravity Falls
Creepypasta?
Horror Movies?
Harry Potter
Venture Bros., he's gay and in a relationship with a cyborg
That's all I can think of.
>>
>>50314596
Apart from the much more limited uses per day of DnD magic? There's some pretty big differences in utility and flexibility you're skipping over.
>>
>>50314596
Overlord does, because I fucking hate Vancian magic with a passion.
>>
Jump 203: Nine to Five
>Ten of Pentacles (Wealth): Freedom from financial anxiety, the security of home, and the enjoyment of family.
How appropriate.
>Age: 22
>Location:
>Identity: Business Owner (-100)
>Drawbacks: Truly Normal (+100), Rolling Stone (+400)
So what if I have to travel? I can teleport. I can visit everyone whenever I like as long as I'm not letting everyone see it. Just because I don't need to use magic to save the day doesn't mean that I can't use it when I feel like it. Especially after having just spent the last seventeen years being a professor at Hogwarts.
>References, References, References... (Free, Business Owner)
Well, I own the business so I can literally hire all of my companions in if I feel like it, but more importantly being able to teleport them to me if I need to in the future will be most helpful.
>Timing! (Free, Business Owner)
Yeeeah, I'm going to need you to work late tonight.
>Well That Was Weird... (1200)
Doesn't hurt to have people turning a blind eye if I need them to. As long as I'm not being too ridiculous. Might work for a swordfight atop a semi on the highway, though.
>Promotion (800)
Starting with two locations instead of one is helpful.
>Get That Thing I Sent Ya? (400)
Hey, if I'm running a business, it's important to make sure everything gets where it needs to go on time.
>Three Strikes (200, Business Owner)
Hopefully I won't have to actually USE this, but... it beats trying to play Obliviator. Not really comfortable doing that anyone. Except to Mary Sue.
>Apartment Upgrade+ (0, Business Owner)
I have an apartment. 40,000 square feet. I think I have less of an apartment and more of a castle on top of a skyscraper.

So, when you're a jumper who's a couple hundred jumps in and you start a business that you're going to be having for ten years, what do you do?

You start a pizza chain.

At the end of that ten years, we were all over the tri-state area with plans to start moving on the eastern seaboard.
>>
>>50314611
>Harry Potter
What does Rowling say about Bigfoot?
>>
How many "fuck your durability" options are there? GBE is the most notable I can think of, then there's Sting, and I think Kamui might apply; but are there any others?
>>
>>50314629
It's in the book Fantastic Creatures and Where to Find Them.
IIRC, they're pretty chill, though reclusive, and related to Yetis.
>>
>>50314637
TTGL has Fisticuffs, which I believe applies.
>>
>>50314617
Not that you don't have valid reasons to, but I'm curious: Exactly what do you hate about Vancian magic?
>>
>>50314556
Hmm. About the only one I can think of offhand is that D&D spells are a lot quicker to learn. Like, orders of magnitude quicker.
>>
>>50314637
Anathema from Smite. The fuck-you takes longer to deliver, but it WILL deliver.
>>
>>50314660
Not him, but I hate the "fire-and-forget" aspect of it that's just treating knowledge like an easily-disposable bomb. Also, material components feel too... materialistic for my tastes. Like, they just take the magic out of magic for me. Vancian magic feels too gamey for my tastes, as well, which may have something to do with the source material (in which it's actually really fitting).
>>
>>50314192
Might be misremembering but Total Drama too
>>
For those jumpers who've gone to Fire Emblem Awakening and didn't become the Avatar, what were they like?
>>
>>50314660
All of this :
>>50314688
Plus having to spend, what, an hour to prepare spells?

It all just makes it feel too static and inorganic for me. I know it's supposed to be more convenient, but I much prefer MP systems.
>>
>>50314674
On the topic of that jump. . .

>Body of a Mind[Mind of a Body?]
Could something that weakens my body/mind weaken the other attribute beneath my base state?
>>
>>50312521
The moon was mostly not hollow anyway. We saw that they had carved out like a few hundred kilometers in the center tops. It's not a thin shell over nothing.
>>
>>50314765
It does not weaken past the point the perk kicked into effect, only strengthens.
>>
>>50314741
>>50314688
Not to mention extremely limited numbers of things you can use a day (Or every what, 8 hours?). Sure, if you're only doing a couple well leveled fights it might be fine but sometimes just being able to chug a mana potion is a lot better then taking an 8 hour sleep in the middle of an active warzone.
>>
>>50314637
A lot of races from SMT. SMT-verse in general is good for this.
>>
Anyone doing a Lupin III jump?
>>
>>50314688
What in the source material justifies it?

>>50314819
Or just learn a Pierce variant in Divel Survivor
>>
>>50314789
That's not what I remember. I could have sworn the shell was pretty thin, given how quickly they move in and out of the inside. I guess that one place could have been a thin spot, though, no reason the hollow needs to be symmetrical.
>>
>>50314877
I was just more able to appreciate the particularities of the setting and found its use in-narrative compelling. Kind of like Mistborn. I don't think the magic system is by itself interesting enough to be applied to multiple settings unless they also have similar justifications, but I feel that the rest of the world-building meshes with it rather well.

Basically, I like gimmicky magic systems when they're new and everything else makes sense.
>>
>>50314830
I don't think so.
>>
>>50314921
Quickly moving from inside to outside doesn't really indicate anything when everyone is moving hundreds of times the speed of sound, possibly thousands.
>>
>>50314942
Actually I was more wondering about the specific lore in the setting that expalins why it is a thing?
>>
>>50314921
Anon, we see the inside of the moon, it's nowhere near as big as it should be if it was that thin.
>>
>>50314964
I suppose. If so, some of the geographic features are pretty huge, though.

>>50314987
Or the moon could just be small and closer to the Earth. After all, that's not a natural moon, it's a prison-satellite put in orbit through magic eyes.
>>
>>50314964
This Naruto dashes across countries in like a minute. Madara gets most of the way to the fucking moon in a few minutes.
If you really want to stretch it Naruto might have dodged a laser after it got shot from like a foot away.
Ninjas be fast fuckers.
>>
>>50315009
Yet we have basically no evidence it is somehow different from our moon. Yes, it might be but unless there is some reason to think it is, there's no reason to treat it as smaller. It's not like the power levels are too low to accomplish it, especially since when Hagoromo and his brother did it, they only fought Kaguya, instead of the whole gauntlet Naruto and Sasuke went through, and they had much more experience with their specific powers for that jutsu.
>>
>>50315009
We see Naruto and Sasuke make a moon using the same technique. It was about the size of the real moon if not bigger. I'm also pretty sure they give a number for its distance in the movie that's close to the real moon.
>>
>>50314981
Wizards on the Dying Earth set up spells through hypermathematical constructs in their brains. Casting them unravels the constructs. They effectively have to re-learn the spell every time they want to cast it, that's why the D&D system that was inspired by it refers to preparing spells as "memorizing" them.
>>
So Terra Formars has gotten to the point that, what with the genetic modifications they've done now, the Roaches / Johj are legitimately mating with humans to create Roach-Human Hybrids.
>>
>>50315038
>>50315039
Actually, not that anon, but wouldn't the moon be smaller because Toneri was hurling chunks of it at the Earth for long enough to form a mini asteroid belt around the planet?
>>
>>50315063
And this is why I beamed all of the Johj off of Mars instead of engaging them in a fight. The stupid is too powerful otherwise.
>>
So, would it be better for me to become a Pillar Man and become Kars or just straight-up buy Hamon?
>>
>>50315069
Possibly? I don't think it's a significant reduction in size, certainly not an even one from across the whole surface of the moon, so it wouldn't really detract from the effective size of the moon. Unless Toneri was a weirdo and decided to evenly cut off bits of the moon to throw to maintain a perfect sphere or something.
>>
>>50315063
So we can assume the /pol/ jokes about that series are back in full force from when it began?
>>
>>50315039
It wasn't the size of our moon. It was small enough that its curvature was visible from close to it. Probably a little mini-moon, since they were weaker than Hagoromo and Hamura were.
>>
>>50315090
Pretty much.
>>
>>50315086
Looking at the moon in the final battle when Toneri cuts it, it looks like he actually did keep it a sphere. Which is...oddly fitting, actually, him being the kind of person who would make sure the moon is still a sphere while trying to wipe out all life on Earth.
>>
>>50315009
>After all, that's not a natural moon, it's a prison-satellite put in orbit
Why does that sound way cooler than the truth of the matter?
>>
>>50315114
Well in reality it's more of a gigantic tomb for Kaguya's body. Which sounds more like some necron sort of shit then anything, making orbiting tombs.
>>
>>50315114
Naruto's final arc dropped a ton of revelations that would have been super awesome if they had had a bigger role in the plot but instead just come across as asspulls.
>>
So, theoretically, what would happen if I woke up Azathoth? Would it kill the rest of the Outer Gods?
>>
I'd like to point out that it's a sign of what kind of level Hagoromo and Hamura were on that they created the fucking moon and hurled it into orbit just to make a prison for Kaguya. Actually, considering the latter and his descendants went to live there and even carved out a civilization somehow, it becomes even more impressive.
>>
>>50315063
So I have no knowledge of this series beyond what I've read in this thread and the pictures I got from googling "Johj" and "Johj rape caves", but I sincerely refuse to go anywhere near that jump. It just seems like a really drawn out, really specific fetish.
>>
>>50315063
So now the cockroach rape caves have upgraded to include actual cockroach rape.
>>
>>50315131
Either reality goes poof as Azathoth's dream ends, or reality goes poof as the power of Azathoth fills it such that it makes the big bang look like a match that failed to ignite.
>>
>>50315131
It would destroy the universe. Azathoth, as long as he is awake, destroys and creates realities mindlessly. Keeping him asleep keeps the universe in existence.
>>
>>50315131
It would literally, and instantly, destroy everything in the Lovecraft multiverse, and possibly beyond if you have Azathoth as the reason other jump settings exist as well. All of reality is his dream, he is the top dog, the source of everything, and waking him up is quite possibly the stupidest thing you could do. This is aside from the fact that the Outer Gods themselves would probably step in and kick your ass before you could out of self preservation, though who knows if Nyarlathotep would support or oppose you. Guy's batshit crazy.
>>
>>50315131
Everything in Lovecraft's multiverse just stops existing because the dream ends.

>>50315134
I think it's more a sign that they didn't have to fight an entire war beforehand. Like, Naruto had to fight the Third Raikage, countless clones fighting the Zetsu army, Madara, Obito, Super Obito, Super Madara and then Kaguya/Zetsu before doing the Moon feat. Sasuke joined in at the Obito part and fought from then on too. Presumably, if both only needed to fight Kaguya (And possibly had more then a few minutes of practise with their new sage powers), they would also be able to match Hago and Hamu's feat.
>>
File: moonvsplanet.png (985KB, 1816x2336px)
moonvsplanet.png
985KB, 1816x2336px
>>50315094
It's totally the size of our moon dude. I completed the curvature of the planet compared to the moon they formed. Google a picture for scale. It's about the same size as our moon.
>>
>>50315185
Oh, forgot, Naruto also gave thousands and thousands of other ninja a bunch of power too at the halfway point.
>>
>>50315190
The circle's a little off, it seems like the earth is actually a little bit bigger then that picture implies.
>>
>>50315074
They are already on Earth Crux
>>
>>50315190
And yet you can see the curvature when Naruto pins Zetsu to it so it won't escape. Since they're in another dimension, they're probably just on a smaller planet.
>>
>>50315207
The jump has a drawback that starts you on bugs 1.
>>
>>50315185
Also Sasuke got fucked up pretty bad like a few days before the war. He probably had some pretty nasty wounds from being impaled a few times through his precious Uchiha organs.
>>
>>50315190
I love how Naruto didn't forgive Black Zetsu and threw him into the moon along with Kaguya. Served the bastard right.

>>50315185
>>50315196
Didn't the Sage fully restore both Naruto and Sasuke when he revived them/gave them the Asura and Indra's power though? I mean, I'll give you Super Madara, but I just can't see Asura and Indra's power being on the same level as their father and uncle, given that the latter were the kids of the one who ate the chakra fruit. I'd say maybe they're both as powerful as one of them, but not both.
>>
>>50315046
Oh. Gotta admit, that's pretty neat.

>>50315151
Don't be a ignorant, judgmental pansy, it's mostly about roaches and humans struggling to kill each other.
>>
>>50315190
I don't know whether to give credit to the artist for getting the scale right or if it was just a lucky accident.
>>
>>50315207
And Trek scanners can pinpoint individual life forms. It's really not as much a problem as people think. Especially after applying mad science upgrades to them.
>>
>>50315151
It's actually more a gore fetish, everything else is just windowdressing.
>>
>>50315213
The moon was still forming when he tossed Zetsu onto it.
Like Kakashi even mentions in the panels following the one I did curvature on that the moon is still getting bigger.
Also gravity is still normal so unless that planets made of like dark matter or some shit it's not going to produce that much gravity without being comparable to Earth in size.
>>
File: 10000 man hours in paint dot net.png (828KB, 1816x2336px) Image search: [Google]
10000 man hours in paint dot net.png
828KB, 1816x2336px
>>50315190
Curvature's off, anon.
>>
>>50315230
I think he just gave them new powers. Not sure how much of their chakra he could really have restored but even then they still had to fight the two strongest characters in the series afterwards, whilst Hagoromo and his brother only fought Kaguya's Juubi form. Not sure why you brought up Asura and Indra though.
>>
>>50315230
...I'm guessing Naruto typically has a bad habit of letting villains off the hook?
>>
>>50315237
Say what you will about Kishimoto's plots but his art is fucking top tier.
>>
>>50315254
How can you tell gravity's normal with how high they can already jump? Not challenging, just wondering. It's hard to tell scale on these things.
>>
>>50315265
He has no problems killing his villains. Like it never even comes up as a moral issue.
>>
>>50315268
When he bothers, at least. Sometimes he's in a rush and it winds up looking shitty.
>>
>>50315265
Naruto, after the series final battle ends, let's a guy named Orochimaru off the hook and even continue experimenting. This is a guy who has personally murdered dozens of children for power, the only survivor of which is one of Naruto's teachers. Multiple friends of Naruto's have had their lives ruined by Orochimaru and pretty much everyone is well aware that this guy is the worst monster in the entire series. Even Madara just wanted to force people into happy dream world through mindfucking, Orochimaru just wants power and doesn't care if he has to torture everyone else to death.

In the sort of sequel Boruto, Naruto goes to visit the psychopath and we see him doing work as normal.
>>
>>50315290
I think you watched a different show anon. When has Naruto ever killed a villain?
>>
>>50315277
Their hair is pulling down like it normally does instead everyone having either Kakakshi's antigrav hair or it all being pulled down really hard.
Also they were in a super gravity dimension earlier in the fight so I figure it would have been noted if gravity was still weird.
>>
>>50315173
>>50315175
>>50315177
>>50315185
I'm asking because Post-Spark, my plan for several multiverses (such as Lovecraft and SCP) are as follows:

1) Use Nine-Realms Craftsman to build bridges to several buffer multiverses.

2) Create worlds that are at first similar in appearance and function to homeworld.

3) Evacuate sentient beings (besides Outer Gods), replacing with non-sentient meat-robots to partially deflect suspicion.

4) Destroy bridges, build more bridges to another "buffer" multiverse.

5) Transport again, destroy bridges.

6) Using magitech/fiat robots build an army to wake up Azathoth and destroy Lovecraft multiverse, preventing more sentients from simply being created just to toy with in yet another "buffer" multiverse.

7) Flood Lovecraft multiverse with Azathoth-waking cosmic entity-tier army.

8) Lovecraft implodes, eliminating several threats to the multiversal well-being.
>>
>>50315298
>>50315290
Getting some mixed signals here, guys.

But either way, I'm glad I never got into this shit beyond Karin being a cute.
>>
>>50315277
I guess if you measure how long it takes something that's been dropped to fall?
>>
>>50315307
Well, he tried to kill Kakuzu. Didn't quite do it, Kakashi finished him off, but I'm counting it.
>>
When the hell did we get a Generic Post-Apocalypse jump, guys?

I'm looking in 4plebs and I'm not finding shit.
>>
>>50315314
Not even going to bother with such a holey plan.
>>
>>50315318
In still panels were establishing time between them is difficult because of how fast the characters can move?
>>
>>50315263
Because it was their power that Naruto and Sasuke received, they didn't gain the power of Hagoromo and Hamura. Again, again, I'll give you Super Madara, but I just can't see Naruto and Sasuke/Asura and Indra on the same level as the Sage and his brother/

>>50315265
He literally calls the guy who murdered his parents, made him hold a demon inside him, formed/corrupted an organization in order to hunt him and his kind down, started a world war and killed one of his close friends and countless innocents the coolest guy after he gets sort of redeemed. He kills one villain in the series. One.
>>
>>50315327
Look again buster.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/filename/generic%20post-apocalypse/
>>
>>50315327
We've had it in Limbo for awhile, until someone asked about it and myrmidont subsequently revitalized the jump.
>>
>>50315324
So...one. Compared to Haku, Gaara, Sasuke a dozen or so times (Except one time maybe where they agreed they'd eventually maybe kill each other but went back on it), Orochimaru, Obito, Neji technically, Kurama and that's all the major fight antagonists I can think of he fought. So he tried to kill one of them and at one point said he'd end up killing another but didn't mean it.
>>
>>50315307
Itachis clone thing from the Garra rescue mission. Also he made an attack that cuts people apart at the cellular level, I don't think he's to worried.
Weirdly enough Sasuke is the one who has problems with killing for most of Shippuden. Until he decides to board the crazy train to genocide station.
>>
>>50315336
I guess you could use the anime depending on how close to the manga it is.
>>
>>50315340
Wait, no, I take it back, he didn't kill any villains, Kakuzu got killed by Kakashi. He tried to kill him though, so I guess it counts.
>>
>>50315331
That's just the gist of it, anon. I needed to know if such things were possible before further development. Like, this would have a whole-chain's worth of backing, I just couldn't be bothered to type it all out for an impossible end-goal.
>>
>>50315343
>>50315345
Oh.

Thank you.
>>
>>50315351
He tried to kill Obito and Orochimaru. It's just they're both really good at not fucking dying.
Ninja never seem to have issues flipping out and murdering people. Like the sound four all got killed.
Even after he redeems Obito through friendship therapy magic he's still willing to kill him on order to stop the war.
>>
>>50315340
Their power, stacked on top of the power the boys already had and with other boosts like the other biju helping Naruto. If it was just Asura and Indra alone they're not as strong but Naruto and Sasuke on their own were incredibly powerful already, even after a long slog of a war to drain their chakra they managed to put up a fight against Obito and Madara.
>>
>>50315340
Sasuke and Naruto have opposite problems with people. Naruto forgives way too much stuff and Sasuke would burn down a village to get back at someone whose grandparents were from there.
>>
>>50315386
Fair enough, I suppose.

>>50315387
This is true. Sasuke needed to chill the fuck out with his vengeance nonsense. He was an okay guy in the first half, but Shippuden he was a fucking maniac.
>>
>>50315377
One only when he was in jinchuriki rage, where he has zero control. He hurt Sakura, one of his friends, during that rage, something he'd never have done if he had any sort of awareness of his actions at all. The other I don't even remember. When did he seriously go for Obito's throat instead of just trying to beat him?
>>
>>50315387
That's Sasuke at his worst. By the end of the series he just wants to stop wars by killing anyone who has them.
>>
>>50315345
>myrmidont
Yo, myrm, any news on Eclipse Phase?
>>
Howdy /JC, I'm back, how has it been?
>>
>>50315407
Before he knew it was Obito.
>>
>>50315406
>Vengeance nonsense
Matter of perspective. Guy was forced to live through the violent murders of everyone he knew and loved for 72 hours, with each viewing taking a second. The one who did it was the person he admired and cared for most. Then he gets passed along a conga line of manipulative bastards devoted to making sure he's as crazy as possible. Orochimaru, Obito, Madara and even Danzo all encouraged or drove him more into madness. When he finally has a chance to stop his revenge fueled life, what Itachi tried to do for him, Obito comes in and reveals Konoha was actually responsible for everything.

I think it's pretty understandable to the depths Sasuke's madness went with all that in mind.
>>
>>50315407
When he launched nuclear bombs at the giant monster he was riding and rammed a rasenshuriken he set on fire down his throat after he absorbed the ten tails.
>>
>>50315442
Also before the while "Itachi was a good guy" thing Sasuke was literally making a point of not killing anyone and fighting the Akatsuki.
>>
>>50315442
Again, fair enough, but he's gone through a lot less then other people who turned out much better than him.
>>
>>50315464
Well, yeah. At the start of the series he was objectively a better person than the nominal protagonist. He had to be torn down so that Naruto could take his place.
>>
>>50315464
Really? Because this kid got mind fucked whenever he even looked like he was getting better. And he eventually turns out to be someone with good intentions, though still awful methods, and after being defeated for the last time becomes a actual good guy. So he went through some horrendous stuff, repeatedly being forced back into experiencing it again, constantly being brainwashed by one or another people, and still ultimately ended up a hero.
>>
>>50315464
Not really Haku, Bee, and Garra were the only ones I can think of with a worse backstroy and Haku is pretty fucked in the head with his whole "I'm a tool" thing, Garra is fucking psychotic, and Bee is the only who comes out better by being like the most bro guy ever.
>>
>>50315442
I'm amazed the guy was ever as well collected as he was at the start of the series. He was basically a moody kid back then, despite this shit.
>>
>>50315507
I'd only say Gaara is the one with the worse backstory out of those three. Haku's backstory is basically Sasuke-lite and Bee was mostly just Naruto's backstory except he got a loyal and awesome brother early on.
>>
>>50315493
>>50315507
Well, there's Kakashi, for one thing. Guy was thrown into an actual war when he was around Naruto and Sasuke's age, lost one of his teammates in a way that he blamed himself for, was forced to kill his other teammate, served as an ANBU leader for several years (and that had to be traumatizing considering what they deal with) lost his teacher and his teacher's wife to Kurama/Obito's attack, was forced to watch his students fight a trained killer, got his ass kicked by Orochimaru and was forced to watch as Sasuke was slowly but surely corrupted, got mind raped by Itachi, and that's not even mentioning finding out that Obito turned evil and all the other shit he went through in Shippuden.

>>50315522
>Sasuke-lite
I'd disagree on that, Haku's story was one of living in a land that hated you after your father killed your mother and tried to kill you before you killed him, living alone and in poverty, losing any sense of self worth to the point where you feel happy to live and die as somebody's tool because they showed you a shred of kindness. And he was much less angsty then Sasuke. More fucked up, though, so saying he turned out better isn't true at all.
>>
>>50312475
I'm already hyped for Infinity Wars.
Dr. Strange is a smartass like both Iron Man and Starlord, is smart like Tony, and shares Starlord's affinity for 70's rock and pop. It's gonna be awesome.
>>
>>50315423
Narutoposting.
>>
>>50315568
Also Haku has a collar and chain on him during the flashback to how he met Zabuza. Fucked up implications ho!
>>
>>50315568
Kakashi also had much more support during and after most of those incidents and didn't have people actively fucking with his head to make it worse. He got messed up but he had friends there with him during it. I really just don't see how Kakashi's backstory matches up in misery to Sasuke's. Sasuke too blamed himself, because Itachi spent the entire time in Tsukiyomi mocking him for not being strong enough to make him seek out the Mangekyou. A lot of what you cite as bad for Kakashi is just part of being a ninja too.

As for Haku, it's arguable either way. Zabuza ultimately cared for and protected Haku and also picked him up at quite a young age. It's much more then a shred of kindness. Also- Angst. Haku was way more angsty about it. Since when did Sasuke get all preachy about dying to serve one person he cared for like Haku did? Sasuke didn't really angst about stuff except for directly after the worst moments in his life, like when Itachi came back and forced him into Tsukiyomi again.
>>
>>50315605
Also bitching about the moon.
>>
>>50315568
Couple points. You forgot that Sakumo's death pretty heavily influenced Kakashi. On the other hand, Kakashi also had Minato and Rin around for a lot of the worse moments in his life instead of isolation like Sasuke. He didn't really have other people trying to negatively influence him either. A lot of the bad things he goes through are stuff he's willingly chosen or are just an accepted part of life for almost any ninja of a certain age and power, like watching one's students fight for their lives or getting fucked up on a mission against another high ranking ninja.
>>
>>50315605
I wish we had Discworldposting at all. Or Bartimaeusposting. Or Super Robotposting.

Also is anyone planning to take a crack at The First Law trilogy and the other books in the same setting? Not claiming, but I can't recall anyone ever bringing it up.
>>
>>50315625
>>50315654
Eh, those are good points I admit. Maybe it's just me and the fact that Sasuke's plans revolved around burning Konoha to the ground for the crimes of the leadership, especially since the Uchiha were going to rebel and Itachi died so that Konoha would be safe. He didn't even really change his mind up until he talked with the Hokage and Itachi, and even then it took a fight with Naruto to finally get him to turn around completely, considering his plans revolved around killing the Kage (including one who healed him and another who tried to reach out to him and help him) and remaking the world in his own image, committing evil to fight evil. Ironically, just like the people he wanted revenge on.
>>
>>50315723
>especially since the Uchiha were going to rebel and Itachi died so that Konoha would be safe
Yeah, we know that. Sasuke didn't. You know who Sasuke found out this stuff from? Obito. The guy with a interest in making sure the strongest village is out of action. Sasuke didn't know Itachi's real wishes then, nor that it was really only Danzo who wanted the Uchiha dead. He's just murdered the person he loved most in the world, who turned out to actually maybe still care for him, and is incredibly vulnerable, just in time for a masterful manipulator to swoop in and direct all that rage and self hate at a target.

I think it makes sense that he only changes his mind about that when he hears from the people who were the supposed cause of the massacre, none of whom have anything to gain by lying to him since they're strong enough to defeat him easily and hearing from Itachi directly seals the deal. After that, he does try to save the world, just save it from the awful things he sees as happening in the only way the guy knows how, wrecking stuff. After all, that was how Itachi solved his problems. He killed the clan to stop the rebellion and mindfucked his brother in an attempt to convolutedly stop Obito/Madara and suicide himself. There's also a whole bunch of other stuff wrapped up in that final battle, especially when dealing with his friendship with Naruto.
>>
>>50315723
It's not even vengeance for the Uchiha. He's mad they made Itachi do it.
>>
>>50315662
Someone was going going to.
>>
>>50315787
Even Obito told him that Itachi wanted to save Konoha, and considering the fact that Itachi stored an Amaterasu in Sasuke's eyes in order to kill Obito, something Obito even admitted out loud, the fact that Sasuke believed him is ridiculous.

This is ignoring the fact that the village is filled with people who couldn't have been involved in the massacre. Hell, he even says out loud that he wants to turn their laughter to screams with an image of the genin displayed, who were the same age as him. This is after he killed Danzo, if I remember correctly.

I'd like to state that I don't consider Sasuke a bad guy. I think he went a little crazy in Shippuden, though for justified reasons as you and the other anon have stated, but he was definitely not as bad as people would say he was. He still did a lot of terrible things, from impaling Karin in order to kill Danzo to attempting to kill Naruto, the Kage, and then enslaving the Tailed Beasts in order to create his new world. I admit though that you have good points, and that I'm probably wrong here, but that's just how I see it.

>>50315839
To be fair, it's not like they forced him. It was just "You kill them or we have someone else kill them, either way they're dying." Of course, Sasuke wouldn't know this because Obito didn't tell him that, so that doesn't really matter in this case I suppose.
>>
>>50315880
So basically Sauce is a bastard and a deliberate idiot, though not evil?
>>
>>50315900
>deliberate idiot
>just Sauce
>not the entire cast
>>
>>50315916
I mean more than the rest of the idiots. I assume chakra, like magic, causes brain damage and makes the user not use common sense. (See also: Hermoine)
>>
>>50315938
>Hermione
High INT Low WIS, classic character building mistake for wizards.
>>
>>50315900
Yes, though to be fair that's the entire cast of Naruto like this anon stated >>50315916. I don't consider him to be a terrible person, I just think he went too far and did a lot of stupid things. Did he go through some terrible shit? Yes. Did he have good intentions? Probably? Was he redeemable? I'd say so. But that still doesn't mean that his actions were justified since there were plenty of times along the way where he could have changed even with Orochimaru/Obito/etc. influence. Which is why I'm going to help him out when I get to the Naruto jump, because I think that Sasuke can be a truly great person, it just took him a while to get there in canon, and he did a lot of terrible shit before he did.
>>
>>50315880
And if this were at a bunch of other times, I think you could call Sasuke stupid for going along with Obito. Considering when this all happened? The guy was fucked up and someone took advantage of him desperately not wanting to be fucked up.

I'm a bit lost at this point though, because it seems we actually are in full agreement. I only started this pointing out someone, not sure if you or not, was being silly in calling it vengeance nonsense. I'm fully in agreement that the guy did some horrendous stuff during the story but also that he's not Evil in the way Orochimaru or Kakuzu are, but does seem to be the only villain who's not only aware of it but actually tries to take steps to make up for it and still regrets all of their actions even after the story ends. I only commented at all because I always find annoying people who downplay what the guy went through or say that it was entirely because he was evil, instead of the bunch of reasons that caused his actions.

Heck, if we both basically agree what are we even arguing for?
>>
>>50315421
Way Status: Lost
Seriously I'm having a lot of trouble doing anything jumpmaking related right now, I don't know if what I'm doing is okay. I think I've gone off the deep end somewhere.
I could probably do with some help on both EP and SG:A, I'm thinking I should just give EP up for adoption.
>>
guys i need time travel perks, because i want to stop the end of the world in jojo by burning dio's diary before anyone can read it

however i want to do most of my action in part 2
>>
>>50315880
Honestly Konoha should have listened to Tobirama. He was the one guy who saw a clan of people with a genetic disposition to psychotic breaks who worked as assassins and said "Maybe we should keep an eye on them and make sure they stay away from stressful situations". I mean the number of disasters the Uchiha caused are ridiculous.
>>
>>50315950
Look at all the notes Red gave you. Then throw them out and piss on them.

Easy way to get over the block.
>>
>>50315950
Just take a break and come back to it later. No harm in that.

Though if this ever comes up when I'm not about to go to sleep, I could help some. I've played Eclipse Phase before, though it's been two years. Still have all my books though.
>>
>>50315999
To be fair, Tobirama is competing with the Uchiha clan for number of problems caused due to him being around. If it's not caused by Tobirama (Usually because of Danzo) or the Uchiha clan, it's actually a space alien that didn't exist until 50 chapters from the end.
>>
yeah yeah I know this is bait but literally Red gave me zero notes so you've only got me to shit on.
>>
>>50315999
But Tobirama is implicated as the direct cause for why the Uchiha clan felt themselves to be outsiders looked upon with suspicion by the rest of the village.
>>
File: awx4LwD_700b.jpg (148KB, 700x670px)
awx4LwD_700b.jpg
148KB, 700x670px
>>50315999
>>
>>50315967
Create a robot that sleeps for the time required, you probably know where pucci is, so just make the robot know the global cordinate and he could kill Pucci before Jolyne meets him
>>
>>50315949
That is a fair point. At that point, anyone would be vulnerable, and while I think Obito did slip up a little too much, I can see how Sasuke could be manipulated.

Yeah, that was me. I think it's partly because I said it the wrong way. When I said "vengeance nonsense", I didn't mean him wanting revenge on Danzo and Konoha so much as I meant him wanting revenge on innocent people who had literally nothing to do with the massacre. With all the shit he went through, it's perfectly acceptable for him to be angry and hurt, it's just that he pointed it at the wrong people, though to be fair that was partly or even mostly because of Orochimaru and Obito. But yeah, I agree that he did ultimately turn out to be a good person, and I think he was good person through out it, just with some issues on how to do the right thing, plus the after mentioned wanting revenge on everyone because of both his own issues and the villains being villains.

A simple misunderstanding, it seems. I guess we agree that Sasuke's a good guy who did bad things for some decent but not all encompassing reasons that ultimately turned out to be, again, a good guy?

>>50315999
Wasn't Tobirama being suspicious about the Uchiha and isolating them part of the problem in the first place?
>>
>>50315900
>>50315949
The main reason people consider him evil is because the people in his world treat him in a very unrealistic manner considering the stuff he does to them. It's kind of a backlash against that I think. Like the whole thing with leaving his family for seven years in the epilogue and when he stabbed through Karin to get Danzo and she still loves him.
>>
>>50316033
Really it all started because he was jealous of Madara's fucking fantastic hair. Seriously what is that mans shampoo made of?
>>
>>50316061
Yeah, that sounds pretty reasonable a conclusion.

>>50316063
I'm pretty sure that's a problem in Naruto the series that applies to more then just Sasuke. If Naruto forgives someone, everyone else seems to as well. Gaara murdered how many people and yet became the freaking leader of his village?

Also, Karin's a masochistic yandere nutbag. She's not a great indication of sane responses to violence.
>>
>>50316063
Yeah. That pisses me off. The guy was such a basket of insanity and hate they should have wanted to off him or at least imprison him. Not welcome home back with open arms and then let him go wandering around for most of a decade.
>>
>>50316083
More Uchiha lies! Tobirama's hair is one hundred percent natural and far better than any mangey Uchiha's.
Build a wall, and make the Uchiha pay for it. With Tobirama as Hokage, we'll win so much we'll grow tired of winning.
>>
>>50316063
To be fair they let fucking Orochimaru off the hook. Sasuke's like some guy who got caught smoking weed in his car next to Josef Mengele compared to Orochimaru.
Guess that's what happens when Ninja Jesus us like, "Let bygones be bygones, yes all of them."
>>
>>50316088
In Sasuke's case at least, it was only Naruto and Kakashi's influence that supposedly let him come back. It's still bullshit by canon but if you go with some fan theories like everyone not wanting to tell the two strongest guys alive 'no' then it makes more sense, even if it paints Naruto as a blatant hypocrite and asshole.
>>
>>50316083
I always wondered why his hair was so long. Wasn't it even pointed out in the first series that having long hair would only hinder you in battle? That was a lesson Sakura and Ino learned! Though considering how long Hinata's hair was, it seems that that detail was just forgotten in general.

>>50316115
This. How the hell did Orochimaru get off the hook? Kakashi even stated that normally they would have thrown Sasuke in jail, how did Orochimaru get away?!
>>
>>50316088
Imprison the guy who can destroy mountains by looking at them when he's basically syaing he wants to be on your team and hasn't really done anything to piss off 99% of the people at home and saved the world.
Good plan anon.
>>
>>50316131
Well, for Sakura, she was so garbage that extra flaws were just suicidal. I assume once you get sufficiently badass it doesn't matter that much. That or people just do what Jiraiya does and make a few hair based techniques to fuck over anyone that tries to take advantage of such an obvious weak point.
>>
>>50316131
Snake Mengele can at least by explained by Konoha being willing to put up with him to have access to his research and knowledge. Just like how the US and other nations grabbed up scientists who did some pretty bad shit just so that knowledge was in their hands and not someone else's.
>>
>>50316131
My question is how the fuck did Kabuto "I'm the fucking necromancer who brought Madara in the first place" get off the hook and be allowed to run an orphanage. Like I know Itachi used an actual therapy-no-jutsu on him but still no one gave him like community service or some shit?
Maybe they just gave a blanket pardon to people who are evil because of Danzo.
>>
>>50315662
>Bartimaeusposting
What I wanna know is how the Non-Demon magic works. We get a lot of info on how Demons work, but we get nothing on how the Magic they use outside of Demons works.
Or how the fuck the Werewolf Police work.
>>
>>50316153
In this case it's more like if Germany after WW2 suddenly had a leader who was best friends with multiple Jewish people and then decided to personally pardon Mengele and allow him to continue.
>>
>>50316153
Okay but Orochimaru is like Hitler+Megele. He literally led an invasion of their village that killed 50% of the military in one day because he gets a boner from fucking with people.
>>
>>50316083
>>
>>50316177
probably like hairy police with worse teeth
so English police
>>
>>50316135
If they can seal the Bijuu, they can seal sauce too. Or kill him; the guy's been trying to kill them all for the majority of the story.
>>50316117
>In Sasuke's case at least, it was only Naruto and Kakashi's influence that supposedly let him come back. It's still bullshit by canon but if you go with some fan theories like everyone not wanting to tell the two strongest guys alive 'no' then it makes more sense, even if it paints Naruto as a blatant hypocrite and asshole.
Yeah. That fan theory isn't too bad really. Kakashi and Naruto were pretty much the only two that could put him down, though right after he lost his arm some of the others probably could have managed it.
Of course, they should be pissed at him at the very least. I'm not saying he hasn't some justification for his actions, but the guy's been an unstable asshole for a long time. I'm reasonably sure he's stabbed them both at least once for example.
>>
>>50316187
You can talk ot Madara.
You just can't touch him.

I mean is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu.
>>
>>50316196
Not what I meant. They don't go into detail about how it works, or how they are made(beyond an implication it's via a magic ritual, not a bite). I wanna know how that shit works, and why the fuck they made their cops into Werewolves.

Also the story takes place, mostly, in London so they would be harrier and have worse teeth than normal English police.
>>
>>50316228
No one apart from Naruto could have fucking scratched Sasuke by the end. He would have gone perfect Susanoo and proceeded to rape their asses from the sky with his bow which blows up mountains.
>>
>>50316229
NO

GET BACK IN YOUR HOLE
>>
>>50316247
Good job not reading the entire post.
>>
>>50316262
But like real talk Madara is what happens if you buy everything in the Naruto doc.
>>
>>50316282
After Sasuke has woken up from the refreshing nap and not sleeping for three days straight while fighting a war. No one can touch him even without his arm because he can kill all of them by looking at them hard.
>>
>>50316283
There comes a point where a jumpers choices in a jump leads to the conclusion that their background is the result of an extremely unethical breeding program.
>>
>>50316283
Yeah. That fucker is why I removed the drawback limit. Even if you buy everything you can, you still won't quite have as much shit as him.
>>
>>50316308
Why the fuck would they wait for him wake up?
>>
>>50316308
Yeah, I was talking before he woke up and could glare people to death. That's why I said 'right after' instead of just 'after'.
>>
Jump 204: Slice of Life
>The Moon: Cyclic transformation covering the mysterious forces of the night. Feminine beauty and the intoxicating vitality of youth.
>Age: 16
>Location: Some kind of high school?
>Identity: High Class (-100)
Meh, may as well at least make things fun. Being high class makes later plans easier.
>Setting: Tech (600, High Class)
Well, I've been to enough technologically advanced settings in the past before. No reason not to embrace that here. In fact, considering I can come back here for six months after every jump, I could probably refine my own technologies and give some of them to this world to help them advance further.
>Tutor (Free, High Class)
With all the teaching perks I have at this point I could probably bop someone in the head with a book and it would make them pass the upcoming test. ...actually, I wonder...
>Optimism (300)
This is important. While I probably have this already... it's a long journey that I'm on. It's important that I be able to keep my head up throughout.
>Psychologist (0, High Class)
There are a lot of people with problems. Being able to help them is important. Perhaps I should use various psychology perks and write some self-help books?

High school wasn't anything special. I graduated, but rather than following the expected path, I used all the learning perks I could to absorb how technology works here (being generic, it meant that it's mostly ten-minutes-in-the-future) and elected to start a company based around research and development with donations from anonymous benefactors. Which were in form of money that I pulled out of the aether because precious minerals are still a thing.

The next eight years were spent working on taking the setting from pre-Cowboy Bebop to Firefly. Mars went from having bases to having rain, Venus is in the midst of terraforming but will be a longer term project, and they're starting to tinker with low-grade FTL. I'm going to be interested in seeing what they can do as time goes on.
>>
>>50316319
Damn that's kinda incredible actually.... I now wanna see someone do a First Jump with all the drawbacks just to see how they'd deal, but it'd likely just end in death at that point. The backstory you'd have to write would be fucking terrifying.
>>
>>50316348
>>50316334
Kakashi and Sakura re literally countries away and trying no to die from the shockwaves. Everyone else is inside a giant tree.
>>
>>50316334
That is kind of confusing. I mean from the general perspective this is a kid who betrayed his village at 12 and joined Orochimaru then the Akatsuki and attacked all of the kages. Lightning also hates him for trying to kill Killer B. He then betrays the alliance immediately after victory to attempt to steal the chakra fruit and rule as a god and also destroys their saviours arm in an attempt to kill him. Most people would have executed him after he was found unconscious.
>>
>>50316360
You'd get fucked over by the malformed chakra stuff so fast Lee would be trying to race it.
>>
>>50316388
The only other people not stuck in a tree are Kakashi and Sakura.
>>
>>50316398
Well everything like that would be behind Real Ninja right? So you'd just have to survive, which is asking a lot.
>>
>>50316388
Then he saved the world. That brings a lot of good will probably. Also he didn't try to take a chakra fruit. The Shinju already got cut down. He was just going to rule with his nine tailed beasts and power that can make half a moon.
>>
>>50316360
As a first jump? You'd die. It wouldn't even be a question as to if, but what manages to kill you first.
Honestly, all those hunted drawbacks that everyone takes are all very severe. On a first jump, just with those, you'd be having a very hard go of it.
>>
>>50316412
The last battle has explosions whose shockwaves are shaking kilometer wide tree limbs countries away. With all drawbacks you have to be there as a normal human. Real Ninja+Anything that puts you in a fight is basically just asking to die.
>>
>>50316422
Eh, stay in your home country or glued to an S-rank and they probably won't have the balls to come get you. Unless its Cloud in which lol get kidnapped from the middle of the Leaf.
>>
>>50316422
>>50316431
Yeah. Still a funny idea, even if a suicidal one. Hey Ninjanon what happens when you're a Real Ninja and you get the Sage Upgrade? Just asking because that's what would happen if you took all the drawbacks and I had the thought randomly.
>>
>>50316047
that sounds like a better plan, actually...
>>
>>50316460
Is there any event where creating a robot doesnt make anything better?
>>
>>50316442
>an S-rank
That would be a deterrent. But that would just mean that the people sent would be that much harder. And they would come, eventually, though it would require more effort and set up on their part.
Mind you, having a skirmish between all the villages as they try to collect your head would be an awesome thing to see.
>>50316451
You'd get it afterward. Actual ninja didn't have any sage nonsense, so neither will you.
>>
>>50316467
Robot uprisings?
>>
>>50316476
Okay cool beans.
>>
>>50316412
Maybe if you join up with Orochimaru and spill everything you know about canon in exchange for some power armour? Very large chance that it ends with you being dissected though. I suppose you could also try to set out to that continent the Gelel stones were from and try to get one implanted in you. Send out information to try to start a war between the hidden villages and akatsuki to try to deal with the hunted thing. If you can get Kiri to find out that Akatsuki was behind the bloodline wars that'd help. You'd also need to be someone with immense self control and very loyal friends to deal with the behaviour altering drawbacks. I suppose you could theoretically do it if you were batman with no compunctions against killing.
>>
>>50316583
Couple problems I guess. Pretty sure the Gelel stones ran out, hence why they came over, and you'd still need to get around any border patrol + cross to another continent with very little idea where or how far it is. Starting a war between the hidden villages is real hard since you'd need them to believe your info instead of thinking you were lying or just a trick. Even if you managed to get Kiri after the Akatsuki, they've just gotten out of a bloody revolution and Pein already stomped Konoha, a much stronger village, on his own. Kiri, even if they somehow believed you, would just die.

I don't see how even batman could do it.
>>
>>50316609
I thought there was a massive deposit of Gelel stones that was sealed away. Wasn't the big bads plans to find it and unseal it and use it to rule the world? You could possibly try and join up with them. They probably wouldn't trust you and would most likely kill you though. Plus getting there would be near impossible. Also I'm not sure if the Gelel stones would work with the Real Ninja drawback.
>>
>>50316648
Gelel stones are...weird. I can't tell if they work by channelling chakra through them or if they just naturally produce chakra by themselves.
>>
>>50316648
Gelel stones were in a huge deposit...in Suna yes. From what we see of the power it gives, it's also nothing special. Product of early series movie syndrome.
>>
>>50315950
>Origins
>Perks for origins
>Equipment
>Drawbacks
>Universe specific perks/skills/equipment

I'm not really seeing how much more you have to do.
>>
File: gjpal.jpg (2MB, 1524x1353px) Image search: [Google]
gjpal.jpg
2MB, 1524x1353px
>>50316729
>>
File: STICKER_SITE2.jpg (24KB, 218x221px)
STICKER_SITE2.jpg
24KB, 218x221px
>>50315950
>Meme war

I like that a skill pretty much everyone here has naturally IRL is a 600cp perk.
>>
File: what.jpg (22KB, 300x300px)
what.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>50316747
r u bein sarcastic dude?
>>
>>50316583
>batman with no compunctions against killing.
Hrm... yeah the necessary amount of plot armor would already be there but as you and >>50316609, >>50316648, >>50316675, & >>50316686 brought up the Gelel I went an looked them up. They produce their own type of energy, known as Gelel Energy, and can grants regen on Kyuubi Container levels, stop ageing, and allow you to make attacks with Gelel Energy seemingly each person developing a unique power set. They're on par with some of the Chunin but even the end boss of the movie would flop to serious Kakashi.

Chakra Armor wouldn't work, because no Chakra unless one managed to make Chakra Batteries.

Village of the sky stuff has Chakra Batteries and is hidden away so if you could get there first with OOC you might have a chance, because all that tech give no shits if you personally have Chakra. that I remember. With filler being a thing you could also find those trees that cast genjustu which were kinda neat, then there's the tech Orochimaru uses to make Mech-Naruto which is fucking insane, and there is a village filled with women that like Jiraya (Has nothing to do with the subject at hand just thought it was weird enough to note.)

Ninjanon what do you think of all this? I mean there is a shit-ton of fillers that could even the odds for a person who was well educated in the Naruto fanchise.
>>
Is there anyway to copy a trait an item has? Like the durability of something, for example, or the powers the item possesses?
>>
>>50316771
Even if someone is well educated, they're being hunted by almost the entire continent, certainly all the powerful people, and have almost no ability or power and with a large number of personality defects to fuck over any reasoning. Going to any of these places means days or weeks even if you have a horse, on foot? You'd be trudging for weeks or months. With people supernaturally good at finding people, both with ninja magic, superhuman senses and pure skill. And if they catch up you just die no save.

I mean, what do you think someone with Real Ninja and Bloodlust alone's chances are?
>>
File: 1454634746967.gif (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1454634746967.gif
2MB, 600x338px
>>50316762
Teach me your ways, I'm too much of a pleb at jumpmaking.
>>
>>50316775
Assimilation (Claymore), need the Charm Pouch (can't remember) if you want to do more than one thing at a time.
>>
>>50316800
Cool, thanks anon.
>>
File: JC5.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px)
JC5.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
Huh, there seems to be a very, very WIP Flight Rising jump on the drive in the Upload New Jumps Here folder I don't recall.

Any other new jumps out I might've missed?

>>50316775
eXceed has a capstone for that, I believe. It's also doable with Discworld magic, and MAYBE Negima magic; I'm not sure exactly how broad the Hero of a Thousand Faces' enchantment is.
>>
File: mecha naruto.jpg (49KB, 520x320px) Image search: [Google]
mecha naruto.jpg
49KB, 520x320px
>>50316771
>Mecha Naruto
Just when I thought Orochimaru couldn't get creepier. I mean creating a transforming killer robot to send after someone is one thing, theming it after them is another. Still it does give me the idea to do the same thing to villains in other series that I dislike. I'd like to see how Aizen plays off being attacked by Mecha Aizen.
>>
>>50316797
>How to do it
Strike Witches
>How to fuck it up
Highschool DxD

Also, come to terms with the fact that you are, always have been and always will be a baka.

Glad I could help
>>
>>50316789
You also have to keep Naruto and Sasuke safe with them missing their plot armour.
>>
>>50316789
Dude, with all drawbacks you can't even kill people, despite constantly challenging them for fights.
>>
>>50316815
>I'd like to see how Aizen plays off being attacked by Mecha Aizen.
Simple, Mecha Aizen suddenly joins his side because he plotted for you to make Mecha Aizen, to effectively double his strength.
Something Something Keikaku Something Something
>>
>>50315216
They've been on Earth the entire time, even before Bugs I
>>
>>50316830
Which is basically impossible if you're spending weeks trekking across the continent looking for something that will probably kill you and you probably don't know how to use anyway even if you can use it. And even if you do, none of it's strong enough to match end game series that you'd need to keep up with.
>>
>>50316800
Also I think the Charm Pouch was from Secret of Evermore
>>
>>50316841
Wait what, I thought it was AFTER Bugs 1 that they got secretly shipped to Earth.
How fucking retarded has this mango gotten?
>>
>>50316843
Sounds about right.
>>
>>50316831
Now I'm thinking of what a psychologist would make of someone with all the drawbacks. Even for the Naruto world people would think there's just something wrong with them.
>>
>>50316812
Oh, that works too I suppose.
>>
>>50316789
Bloodlust doesn't mean you wanna kill anyone, just fight. And with the fact that your an Actual Ninja people might just look at you with pity every time you try to 'prove yourself'

It's an interesting idea to me so I'm now gonna explore this a bit, just for the shiggles and ghits.

>>50316815
Also the fact that it can act as power armor is kinda weird...
>>
File: 1472046334098.jpg (54KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1472046334098.jpg
54KB, 392x495px
>>50316825
>How to do it
>Strike Witches
No wonder my jumps suck. You have been truly enlightening.
>>
>>50313942
In Marvel, Kid Loki There's like 3 or so Lokis running around right now. uses technology. He likes technology because in his words "Magic is all about lying to reality" and "Technology is very gullible."
>>
>>50316865
>Bloodlust doesn't mean you wanna kill anyone, just fight.
No, but it does mean you can't kill any of the hundreds or thousands of people that think killing you is a great idea. So you have the added difficulty of having to fight non lethally with people who can already almost certainly kill you instantly. I doubt anyone is going to pity you with a price on your head and how annoying you are to everyone around you.
>>
>>50316888
I was responding to the "I mean, what do you think someone with Real Ninja and Bloodlust alone's chances are?" part but yeah the interesting part of this isn't if it will work for me. Ninjanon has said it's death and I accept that. I just wanna explore the idea, see how far one could go.
>>
>>50316866
Just make sure you edit better than I did
>>
>>50316854
Actually my bad. You were right. Bugs I happened then roaches came to Earth with King Roach. Then they started working with the Chinese & Newton Family.

They've been kidnapping people from Japan and using them as breeding stock. They don't actually get ROACHED. Instead they're experimented on, forced to fuck & give birth, then killed off.

In the end it seems that all their experimentation were implanting Johj DNA to make a feasible hybrid. There's actually at least TWO known.

King Roach appeared on TV and gave the signal for Roaches to start invading. Right now so far they're using BLUE WHALES with structures built on them. Then they're just crawling with Johj.
>>
>>50316930
So are they going full Gyo now?
>>
>>50316916
I have zero English skills mang, I can't edit for shit. I just slap words together and then get my sisters to do all these perks and item things for me.
>>
>>50316930
Are there any token good Johj at all, or is it just infinite madbiosciencemurderhobos fuelling the author's fetish out to the horizon?
>>
>>50316969
No token good Johj.

Komachi Shokichi aka Japanese Hornet guy "died" on Mars. However he was recovered and now being piloted like a zombie. He can't talk without permission and he's only able to do very basic stuff. Apparently most the roaches on Earth are "zombie Roaches" that act like robots basically they're able to be controlled much in same way. Apparently King Roach doesn't seem to care about "normal" Johj.
>>
>>50312968
how am I supposed to admit something I'm too twisted to realize?
>>
>>50317069
If you realize you're too twisted to realize it, this means you DO realize it. Nice try.
>>
>>50316476
Hey, is there any chance of an update on that Kingkiller jump?
>>
>>50315662
Discworld is OP,there is a machine that can make spells that can break the normal walls of magic and do almost anything once. Lorene crafting can create chain mail as fine as silkand vampires can keep their power, but psychologically conditioned themselves to get rid of their weaknesses >>50317069
yeah but there's enough disconnect that I need it explained to me in the first place,no one is the villain in their own story in real life.
>>
>>50317079
sorry that second part>>50317158
was supposed to be. You I've just gotten up
>>
Jump 205: The Mysterious Cities of Gold
>Three of Wands (Virtue), reversed: Sinking to the level of an opponent.
Look, do you REALIZE how bad the bad guys are in this setting? Sometimes the ends really DO justify the means.
>Age: 18
>Location: Village of the New Sun
>Identity: Atlantean (-250)
>Drawbacks: Blood For The (Insert God Here) (+200), The Burning Shield (+300)
Note to self, avoid the Mayans. Yeesh. As far as the Olmec... well. I'm not going to bother to hold back, that's all.
>Ancient Knowledge (Free, Atlantean)
Knowing how to manipulate lost technology is good. I could probably fake it without this but it's better not to have to.
>Orichalcum Forging (1050, Atlantean)
Being able to replicate the base material is a plus. Orichalcum is supposed to be an alloy of silver and gold, with a bit of copper thrown in. In theory, anyway. In practice... who knows? If it's stronger than steel, you can bet I'm interested.
>Solar Harnessing (950, Atlantean)
With this I can replicate some interesting ancient technology as well. Promising.
>Outsider's Perspective (550)
Always go with the third option. Or sometimes, the fourth.
>Cache of Silver (500)
Well, it's important to have local currency that's actually local currency, rather than counterfeit. Though if I'm buying it with points, isn't it still not technically local currency..?
>Solar Spear (Free, Atlantean)
How useful, a spear that heats up instead of just being sharp. I'm sure my enemies will be grateful that I'm both impaling them AND cauterizing the wound.
>The Great Legacy (0, Atlantean)
I'm not so interested in the fact that it's a portable fusion generator, I'm interested in the fact that it's a LOW TECH fusion generator. Picking this apart at my leisure is going to be FASCINATING.

The build speaks for itself. I run from the Mayans, I slaughter the Olmec as rapidly as possible, and... well, what else can I do? Study their tech, keep it from the Spaniards.

This sort of thing is why I can't lift Mjolnir.
Thread posts: 622
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.