[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 401
Thread images: 70

File: Best General3.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
Best General3.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Big Red One Eye Edition

>Last Thread
>>50300422

>Freshest Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
File: image.jpg (392KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
392KB, 1280x1280px
FUCK OFF ARHIMAN
>>
Is it me or are there too few tank-walker HQs?
>>
>>50304856

Bjorn

Libby dread

Tau commander

There could be more, yeah.
>>
>>50304871

I don't count the Tau Commander as he has wounds.

Unless Farstrike is an HQ option or they gained a new Commander option that I am unaware of (at which case I applaud the variety).
>>
>>50304871
>Tau commander
You mean AM Tank commander.
>>
>>50304871
Does the inquisitor-on-big-throne count?
>>
File: dominus.jpg (48KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
dominus.jpg
48KB, 540x720px
>>50304821

yeah I really think its an awesome chapter, but I'm not quite sure how the timeline would work out.
I guess I need some backstory help about how they ended up staying relevant till the mechanicum armies were developed.

Is it that heretical to run them together lore wise?
>>
>>50304908

Does he have Wounds or Hull-Points?
>>
>>50304897

Well yeah, if you only care about the game rules.

Tau Commanders absolutely fit in with the likes of Bjorn and Libby dreads though.
>>
>>50304871
Chaplain Dreadnaught Titus
Bray'arth Ashmantle
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
How is your Saturday?

1000 point game, my Orks vs my friend's new Tau army.
My boss got a kunning plan and tried to infiltrate the ladz close but a counter infiltrating squad of stealth suits messed it up.
>>
>>50304915
Then so do Wraithseers.
>>
So I'm gonna be grabbing some of the re-made daemonettes, both as a curiosity because they're gonna be rare again soon, and as allies for my CSM.

I've heard contradicting opinions on how to best use them. I don't want to have a lot of metal models to fiddle with, but is a 10-model unit of daemonettes enough to do anything, or will they just get shot up?
>>
>>50304919
Prepping for a 1k game of my own, gonna face GSC, still teryign to decide between CSM/Nugle demons/Ork/Aspectdar.
>>
>>50304919
I have a 1000pt Thanksgiving Game against my cousin's AM that I am stoked for but the Saturday after Thanksgiving I have a 2000pt game against Tau.

Today I am painting two Razorbacks and doing housework.
>>
>>50304931
You need the formation from daemonic incursion.

Flayertroupe: 1 Herald of Slaanesh or Masque, and 6 units of Fiends or Daemonettes in any combination
>>
Reposting from the previous thread, my current CSM build. Instead of Heldrakes/Dinobots or a Cabalstar, I wanted to try a MSU-ish Warband with some Daemon summon support. My only crazy choice IMO is giving my Lord the Scrolls of Magnus. I could drop it and the familiar for 2 more spawn but meh, I like the extra WC/odd psychic vector. C&C?

++Black Crusade++
+Warband+
Disc Lord of Tzeentch w/ Lightning Claw and Powerfist, Sigil, Scroll and Familiar - 235
>3++, 6 attacks on charge, Obsec Jetbike IC, and a ML 1 Psyker for fun.

ML 3 Bike Sorcerer w/ Familiar, Pistol&Staff - 145
>Rolls Ectomancy, moves melta and stuff around.

2 5-man teams, Melta&Combi-melta Champ, Rhino w/ Dirge Casters and Dozer Blades- 140x2=280
>Formation tax. 2x Melta.

2 3-man Terminator units with Combi-plasma and Axe - 112x2=224
>Termicide, or another msu melee chopper. Maybe give fists?

2 3-man Bikers of Slaanesh, w/ 2 Bike Meltaguns and Champ w/ Lance - 111x2=222
>A glass cannon. Melta is useful; replaced the Bike TL Bolters so I could keep the BP/CCW attack. Lance/MOS is so I can finish off small Tacsquads or other units not geared for melee. These guys get Path to Glory rolls.

2 Helbrutes - 100 x 2 = 200
>I find Havocs are too vulnerable to alphastrike, and if I'm going for melee presence and melta, I may as well go all-in.

+Spawn+
2 units of 2 Spawn - 60x2=120
>Bodyguards/MSU hunters.

++Daemon CAD++
Disc Herald w/ Paradox, ML 2 and Exalted Locus - 145
>Summons stuff. Exalted Locus instead of ML 3, in case I want to Flickerfire something (light vehicles, etc).

Blue Scribes - 81
>More Malefic.

2 11-man Horror units - 99x2=198
>Batteries, bubble-wrap, and objective-holders.

Total: 1850

The army feels pretty basic in how it works, if somewhat fragile. Summons are in support of the army. Lots of Obsec, and lots of small units that while they'll lose to a deathstar, are supported by enough summons/tarpit potential for the rest of the army to bully support-pieces.
>>
>>50304908
>>50304913
Sadly Khazmaro'vs a fucking joke now.

S5 T5 and 4 wounds is all he has to show for it.
Not even EW.
>>
Who's the better ally for GSM, Tyranids or AM?

Why?
>>
>>50304871
Is this explicitly about HQ tanks/walkers, or just about any tank/walker that can become your Warlord?

Genestealer Cults can technically have a Leman Russ as their Warlord if they use the Cult Insurrection but don't take any characters (meaning a Neophyte Cavalcade).

The Emperor's Talon technically lets you have a Sentinel Warlord due to a character designation.

The Helforged Warpack lets one of your Walkers become a Character. For lulz, have a Defiler as your Warlord.

The Anvil Strike Force from Angels of Death lets any one vehicle in the detachment be your Warlord. Force Commander Stormraven is a go.

There's more options there if you're creative enough.
>>
>>50304990

HQ tanks-walkers.

There aren't a lot out there which seems kind of odd given the number of Monstrous Creature HQs out there.
>>
any one got Planet Onslaught book
>>
>>50304871
Meka-Dredd
Buzzgob can be a HQ titan.
>>
File: confuz'ed.png (1MB, 803x537px) Image search: [Google]
confuz'ed.png
1MB, 803x537px
>>50304919
Werr we goin' boss?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>50304919
His riptide was pretty devastating, wiping out a squad of meganobz, wiping half my bikers and a squad of tank bustas.
>>
File: WP_20161118_16_42_11_Pro.jpg (4MB, 5344x3008px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161118_16_42_11_Pro.jpg
4MB, 5344x3008px
>>50304919
Not Saturday but spent yesterday taking some cinematic shots of my army and played a quick game too.
>>
>>50305035
Those bases look hella dull.
>>
>>50304919
>no LOS blocking in centre of table
>tau side of table has ruins to hide their infantry in
>ork side of the table has literally no terrain whatsoever
What the flying fuck.
>>
File: Da Meka Dread.jpg (99KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
Da Meka Dread.jpg
99KB, 800x680px
>>50305011

>Meka-Dredd

How does "Look Out Sir" work for that if it's in a squadron of Deff Dreads anyway?

Or does that only work for things that have wounds?
>>
>>50304971
flyrants, because flyrants
>>
>>50305054
No idea, he usually goes solo.
>>
>>50304912
Nah, the fluff all works out. I play SC (go team) too and they were created in the 37th millennium, however Mechanicum armies predate even the Imperium. Skitarii pop up in the HH books pretty often.

So the story is that the Admech wanted Marines for their own, but Inquisition finds out and makes the Confessors swear loyalty to the Emperor too. So just say they stayed close friends of the Admech and work together a lot. That's what I do, anyways.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>50305033
After the meganobz got eradicated and the deff dread was destroyed he thought his riptide was safe.

As it turns out a squad of grots clambered in to the nobz trukk and took off its last wound.
But it didn't end there! They went on to destroy a 10 man fire warrior squad before dying in combat to pathfinders.

He tabled me turn 5 with 3 squads remaining.
>>
What's the best set-up for Deathwatch Bikers?

Based on what models I have I'm thinking two 3-man units with at least two power mauls. Should I have more or less men, and are power axes a good choice for them?

Also, how would they synergise in the weird hybrid units Deathwatch allows? Would jinking and hammer of wrath still work, at least for the bikers?
>>
>>50305045
More ironcrust?
>>
File: 2016-11-19 10.53.48.jpg (1MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-19 10.53.48.jpg
1MB, 1885x1060px
>>50304919
Introing a new guy to the game today at 1500. Tested my eldar kill team yesterday and I wasn't surprised that it raped. 5 scat bikes and 5 dire avengers is devastating.

Pic related is 1850 game vs tyranids. Ending up being a 5-5 tie on points at the end. Our games are always close as hell.
>>
>>50305163
Well it's hard to tell they've a texture from a distance just looks like orange paint, but some rocks would do wonders.
Personally I'd've gone go with clean rims to accentuate the surface.
>>
>>50305135
It all depends on what you want.

Lances are good for 1 turn rape against Marines, however swords are more reliable, but Mauls are really good for high Strength, but the AP is a bit lacking- if not MEQs, mauls are a really good option.

The axes all depend on what you classify a 'power' weapon. If Power fists are power weapons, then never use axes. If they aren't Power weapons, axes are good for AP and high strength, though unwieldy is a bit annoying.
>>
>>50305167
What list are you running?
>>
>>50305135
I'm not a fan of the hybrid unit. The only real thing you gain with it is the ability to target a second unit with a frag cannon, and for the price, it's rather expensive.

Honestly, I would just run them in three 2-man units rather than two 3-man. Give them Mauls or Axes to flavor, and use them as support/harassment teams. Split-fire versus enemy Bike units, and use Vengeance ammo; casualties are nice but you're more interested in threatening your opponent into using Jink/tossing out as many Leadership checks as you can. The average Eldar Scatpack is 3 models, so you only need one casualty for them to make a check. While Leadership 8 doesn't give stellar odds, when your opponent makes 4-6 such checks in a turn, he can be in for trouble. If you can grab a few ld penalties, that makes things even funnier.
>>
>>50305167
>Introing a new guy to the game today at 1500
Seems a bit high don't you think?
Isn't 500 much more reasonable so he could actually learn and not get overwhelmed.
>>
>>50305193
CAD
libby lvl 3 (rolled on diviniaton), hammer

5 paladins, apothecary, 2 psycannons, hammer

5 terminators, hammer, psycannon
5 terminators, hammer, psycannon

10 interceptors, 2 falchions, 1 hammer, 2 incinerators

2 dreadknights, teleporter, h. psilencers, h. incinerator, swords

Draigo

Built for killin nids slightly (especially divination for the hope to get ignores cover and the heavy psilencers). Don't worry we both slightly list tailor to each other.
>>
Hey /tg/,

I know we're all excited about the new releases, but I have something I feel I must share with this community.

I have lost a dear friend. It was sudden, and I don't really know what the fuck I'm going to do without him.

He loved 40k. In fact, he got me into it. He was so generous. Always getting me models, even when I didn't really need them. Just because I thought they were cool.

He was always so excited for the new releases. He just had to get everything. B@C, deathwatch, genestealer cults, you name it.

Then something went wrong. I saw the new thousand son releases. Knowing he'd be beside himself, I went to tell him. Then they told me he was dead. I just can't believe it. It doesn't seem real.

I'm not sure how I'll get by, but thank you for sharing all the good times, and the bad.

RIP Wallet. You were the greatest friend a guy could have.
>>
>>50305069

Before the recent FAQs, having him in a squad of Deff Dreads could give him a cover save.
>>
>>50305220
I mistyped, I'm sorry. I meant he's coming back to the game from 4th edition, but he's new to our store. He actually has much more stuff than I do.
>>
>>50304949
That is way more money than I'm willing to spend and more points than I'm willing to put in. I just want to dip into daemons to have an odd distraction unit that might deliver some pain with the rending hits.
>>
>>50304605
I'm not as happy that my Stormcast Liberator possessed and Prosecutor warp talons are gonna be useless now.
>>
>>50305248
Well that's gonna suck then, no transports and can't assault from deep strike.
You'll be running at the enemy, losing half to shooting and over-watch and without the formation WS penalty, half of them will miss.
>>
>>50305224
Hey, while there are GK players here, why would you not take Force Halberds? I know they're two-handed, but you don't get an extra attack with a sword anyway, right? Or am I missing something?
>>
File: 1433834234907.png (257KB, 499x468px) Image search: [Google]
1433834234907.png
257KB, 499x468px
>>50305185
>>50305213
Thanks, good answers, dimensions I hadn't exactly considered.

I had forgotten all about power lances, but they would be better against MEQs indeed. I also do want to model a Black Templar as having a lance at some point, so there's that!

I was leaning towards power mauls (which I've never kitted a unit out with before) because I wanted to hit at initiative in order to make the unit less vulnerable to being swamped by GEQs and below, and I figured the extra strength would help if it ever came into contact with an MC or TEQs.

I agree with the second anon's assessment of the hybrid unit. The only build I can visualise that being useful for is a triple-mixed squad of Infernus Bolter veterans and some Cyclone Terminators, to minimise the wasted firepower if the termies needed to target something heavy.

I'll have to try 2-man squads at some point, but thankfully the Deathwatch is very forgiving of making models serve multiple purposes, and the loadout between triple squads and double squads doesn't change at all.

Okay, question 100% answered. TYVM
>>
>>50304918
Ashmantle in a Fast Attack drop pod is the tits (and also 300 points total but whatever)
>>
>>50305319
You don't get an extra attack with the stormbolter, yes. So sword or halberd won't matter there. The reason to not take halberds is that if you really need the boost in strength you have hammerhand on all your units. 6 strength will double out T3 units and makes you wound against T4 units on a 2+. In addition, 2 points for a +1S weapon might not seem much, but it adds up. Lastly I just like swords better aesthetics wise.
>>
>>50305319
Reason i usually hear is swords for cheap, falchion for chop, hammer for smash

halberd fall in the master of non gulch.
>>
Just managed to score an old Thousand Sons dread off of Ebay.

Now I just need to work out what to do with it's arms, and consider any other little conversion accessories which may be handy.
>>
>>50305238
Sounds like he failed his last armour save.
LOL
>>
>>50305238
Do people actually buy every single release?
>>
>>50304794

He is the Sons guardian. Ahriman trembles before him.
>>
>>50305413
I know a guy who does. He pretty much gets a bit of everything and all the latest minigames. He even paints them right away. Absolute madman.
>>
>>50305397

You'll want to give it a plasma cannon, that goes really well with thousand sons.

Probably one of the forge world close combat weapons, just because they're more distinct.

Accessories should be a tabard between the legs, consider extending a headdress above his head, and find some trinkets to stick to the arms to fit them better into the overall asthetic. Symbols and such.
>>
>>50305413
Not every but GSC, Deathwatch and now Thousand Sons all have crisp as fuck models.
>>
>>50305413
I'm tempted very much to do so with every boxed release. But Assassinorum is still in print, so hopefully there'll be good forewarning before the likes of Overkill do. I get the feeling GW likes the "boxed game" concept and isn't going to give it up for a long while.
>>
>>50305413
If the models are good i usually pick up a box
If the army is cool i usually pick up any limited items and sit on them until the rules have been digested by WAAC faggots
>>
>>50305467
>sit on them until the rules have been digested by WAAC faggots
Btu they just make everything shit.
>>
How good are Decimator Daemon Engines? What weapons should they take?

I just noticed that they can be taken in a Daemons list.
>>
>>50305474

He does have a point though: Once the WAACfags have picked the meat from the codex's bones, you have a pretty good analysis for what's utterly worthless, what's broken, and how to therefore construct a good middle of the road army whilst avoiding going too high or low by accident.
>>
File: file.png (211KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
211KB, 500x381px
>>
>>50305549
>Be careful of those you bully in highschool
>>
Any based anons stolen the Planetary Onslaught, yet?
I think the Thousand Suns news was designed to drown out PO theft.
>>
>>50305576
...Who gives a shit about PO?

It's just a consolidation of a bunch of existing books
>>
>>50305576
It'll get posten when someone buys it, asking every thread doesn't do anything but paint you as a needy cunt.
>>
>>50305549

This man took chaos once, and this is how he looks 10,000 years later.

Don't do chaos kids.
>>
>>50305584
also some updates and scenarios but yeah,
>>
>>50305549
>warp dust
>not even once
>>
>>50305598
I'm not the anon who asked last thread.
>>
>>50305615
Ah right.

It'll get posted when someone buys it, asking every thread doesn't do anything but paint you as needy cunt(s).
>>
File: carlos.jpg (8KB, 236x172px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
8KB, 236x172px
>>50305549
Looks like he's been moving up in the world.
>>
>>50305719
?
There's no pun here
>>
>>50305549
I think that might be a 32mm, not a 40mm
>>
So is it normal for Necrons to take almost no casualties? Reanimation Protocol basically save all the wounds I dished out. Even with 20-30 attacks. I think I removed like 3 models that game. It's a great start returning to the game.
>>
>>50305859
>20-30 attacks
10-15 hits
5-8 wounds
3-4 failed saves
2-3 failed renimations
>>
>>50305859
necrons are tough, gonna need instant death or ap1/2 to really make a dent
>>
>>50305859
Necron Decurion makes necrons one of the hardiest armies in the game (outside of psychic shenanigans) Basic warriors having 4+ save and 4+++ RP makes them almost as tough as terminators. It gets even worse when you're talking about Wraiths combined with Orikan. It would take 33 bolters shots to do a single wound on such a unit.

Bane of (basic) necrons is close combat. Do enough wounds and they will break and cant run away easily with their shitty I2. Against Wraiths, shitcuntloads of high strength attacks, S10 or D.
>>
>>50304784
Might aswell ask it here but realistically, would an ork even feel a gaurdsmens bayonet hitting them in the chest? Lore wise (Matt Ward writings anyway) says that they can shrug off normal wounds but would a bayonet even go through their chest? If it hit their heard would they drop right there or keep going
Spanks for any answers
>>
>>50305924
If it stabbed them through the heart they would die. I think they feel pain and shit like most creatures its just the bigger and tougher dudes don't give as much of a shit.
>>
>>50305924
Orks feel pain, they just don't go into shock. If you stab an ork or blow off an arm, he still feels it. He just doesn't care.
>>
File: 1397594137144.png (285KB, 450x375px)
1397594137144.png
285KB, 450x375px
>>50304919
>taufag hasn't a single painted model
>brings a Riptide against Orks

Why I am I not surprised
>>
>>50305937
>>50305939
Thanks dudes, I really dont want to imagine the toughness of other mary sue races but I will just imagine them to be the same
>>
>>50305924

In the Sanctus Reach, a Big Mek had his block (literally) knocked off and didn't seem to feel a thing.

In fact, it was later re-attached to a new body and he was just fine afterward.
>>
File: 1472890770776.jpg (80KB, 569x807px)
1472890770776.jpg
80KB, 569x807px
>Finally make headway on my Chaos army
>one unit left and it's fully painted.
>Sisters of Silences comes out and managed to pick up a knight for cheap.
>Suddenly discover new painting techniques that makes your inq Chimeras look dope.
>Can't stop working on them.

I was so close to having a fully painted army. Why am I cursed with the atention span of a goldfish.
>>
>>50305981
See as much as I love Warhams, the retarded writing makes it hard to imagine the average strength/toughness of any living thing
>Oh you had a head blown off, it will regrow back
>You had your arm and leg torn off. Dont worry you are a superhuman who can clot wounds
>You sick of being a manlet? Just fight and grow in height and strength
Maybe 9 years of warhammer has gotten to me that it starting to fry my brain
>>
File: stealth chainsword.jpg (144KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
stealth chainsword.jpg
144KB, 1024x768px
>>50306041
you're facing a classic problem most encounter with 40k; trying to be realistic and trying to take it seriously

in universe it's grim but looking at it like a scifi setting shows how over the top and grim dark it is results in it being silly
>>
>>50305859

Use choppy walkers with a decent front armour facing.
If you manage to snag wraiths with them, each wound that goes through kills a whole wraith. If they have reanimation protocols, can't remember if they do or not, S10 attacks will downgrade their save.

S8-10 AP2-3 pie plates are good for killing warrior mobs. IG do this very well.
>>
>>50305549
> chaos causes the left handed to go right handed
>>
>>50306041

Keep in mind Orks have a biology radically different from that of any Human. Also keep in mind they were a race engineered with such abilities in mind.

Space Marines too as I believe Eidolon had his head re-attached, though I suspect that wasn't natural given the corruption of the Emperor's Children.

It wouldn't be 40k if biology wasn't freakish or unnatural compared to that of a regular Human.
>>
>>50306041
remember as well theyre fungus people with a reality warping psychic field, if they believe that they can just stitch their arm back on then it will work
>>
I've been considering selling my Orks for a while. I've just lost that Orky feeling. I toyed around with the idea of Thousand Sons but the models sucked. Then came Magnus. And now new Rubrics, Exalted Sorcerers, and Scarab Occult. Bye bye, boyz. We had some alright times I guess.

All you long time ksons players can call me a bandwagon jumper if the rules turn out to be the new hot shit, but I don't care. I don't want to run the joke army anymore.
>>
>>50306180

>Use choppy walkers

Isn't that a bit of a liability given warrior shooting auto-glances vehicles on 6s.
>>
>>50306041

If it's anymore confusing, a Daemon can live without their skull.

A Bloodthirster in the Daemon World novels had his skull stolen by a Slaanesh Daemon Princess (?) and simply replaced it with a mechanical one.
>>
>>50305077
do the confessors see the emperor as the physical form of the omnissiah like the mechanicum does?
or do they see him as just the emperor
>>
Is 40k easy to jump into, last time i played i was a kid and i think the current edition was 4or 5 and it was mostly playing the rules not the game.

reason i want to get back into it is the amazing thousand son update, iv always been a tzeentch player and it seems like its a good time with all these models
>>
WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE MADE TO ORDER DEMONETTES!?
>>
>>50304919
> Orks versus Tau
> Think you have a chance
Sweet summer child
>>
>>50306319

I've seen Ork players come out on top against Tau plenty of times.

Not an ideal match up, but not an impossible one.
>>
>>50305167
It's sad how the tier power system in 40k means some armies can't play others.
But the fights between armies on the same tier are often pretty good.
>>
>>50305238
Your friend sounds like a faggot
You also sound like a faggot
Damn you for leading me on
>>
Just started my Imperial Guard army today. Kinda new to this and my friend says he can wreck me with Orks constantly. Any tips on how to counter his orks?
>>
>>50306300
click on pre-orders, you fucking idiot
>>
File: DDgG6bi.jpg (69KB, 563x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DDgG6bi.jpg
69KB, 563x1000px
>>
>>50306386
nigga don't tease us like that and then not give us any details
>>
>>50306386
nice khorne bunny ears, nerd
>>
>>50305490
Decimators are a mixed bag.

IMO they're fun, but not exactly competitive. Their ability to come back from the dead has only worked in one game so far for me, but it also managed to royally fuck my opponents IG up.

I prefer twin Butcher Cannons, if only because being able to DS 8 S8 AP4 shots wherever I want is pretty scary when used correctly. I've wiped an entire Sentinel squadron with it in a single volley before, which was fun and took out a chunk of my opponents mobility that prevented him from tying up my advance.

Butcher Cannons, Flamer claws are always a fair choice, while the Storm Laser and HCB are situational.

Overall, it's fun, but don't expect any miracles from it. A Soul Grinder is probably the more competitive choice, but a Decimator will still fuck your day up if used correctly.
>>
>>50306386
>Bulk Cult Chaos Book
>skep.jpg
>>
>>50306394
TRAITOR LEGIONS
'Nine is the magic number this month, as within this 136-page softback supplement to Codex Chaos Space Marines are army special rules, exclusive Detachments, Warlord Traits, Tactical Objectives and Chaos Artefacts for each of the Traitor Legions - the nine legions who followed their Primarchs into treachery and heresy as they turned from the Emperor's light. (avail 10 Dec)
>>
>>50306386
This isn't real. Legions are dead, we're never getting legion rules in 40k.
>>
>>50305584
It does also provide a major update to a lot of older terrain pieces and scenarios, and some people may not have the original books.

I'd say get it if you don't have 2/3 of the books or you actively care about using terrain.
>>
>>50305549
>>50305719
>twice as many horns
>twice as many backpack exhausts
>>
File: oh my.png (24KB, 740x328px)
oh my.png
24KB, 740x328px
>>50306421
>all nine legions
>means actual alpha legion rules
muh dick!
>>
>>50306421
>>50306459
Releasing alongside this:

IMPERIAL AGENTS
Loyal sons and daughters of the Imperium take heart, as whilst the Ruinous Powers may seek to be in ascendance as the year wanes, the God-Emperor's most righteous agents stalk the stars ready to enact his will.
Codex: Imperial Agents contains nine subfactions of the Imperial war-machine, from agents of the Inquisition to Wyrdvane Psykers of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica to reinforce your armies of the Imperium. After all, Deathwatch Kill Teams and Imperial Assassins are just as likely to be found working alongside regiments of the Astra MIlitarum or Space Marine strike forces as they are working by themselves, giving the Armies of the Imperium increased tactical choice and scope to conquer any foe.
Within this volume you'll find background and rules for using nine smaller factions alongside your existing armies of the Imperium, from the Grey Knight Terminator squads to the BATTLE SISTERS OF THE ADEPTA SORORITAS.
>>
>>50306422
shuddup ultrafag
>>
>>50306421
WORD BEARERS
WORD BEARERS
WORD BEARERS
WORD BEARERS
WORD BEARERS
WORD BEARERS
>>
>>50305549
>I was a wimp before Chaos! Now, I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.
>>
>>50306488
have faith
>>
>>50306482
This is a bit weird. its clearly to tie all the "e-book only"-books into a physical book but what? Wyrdvane Psykers? GK Terminators? What? Why exactly them? A bit weird release indeed.
>>
>>50306482
It's interesting how they are parceling out factions. I really do think that next edition will hugely loosen ally rules.

"Nine smaller factions":
Wyrdvane Psykers (and maybe Primaris Psykers too?)
Deathwatch Kill Team
Imperial Assassin x4 (seems weird they need their own thing when you can take an Officio Assassintorturedlatin detachment)
GK Terminies
SoB

Wild conjecture on the remaining 4:
Custodes
Sisters of Silence
Legion of the Damned
???
>>
>>50306386

If they do Iron Warriors, I hope they allow them to have Basilisks and Leman Russes again given they have those in the lore.
>>
>>50306459
You mean "here's your formation, it gives you Infiltrate and Scout, but you have to take 4 units of unmarked CSM squads, 1 unit of unmarked Havocs, and 2 of unmarked Terminators. Oh, and a unit of Possessed who also get a nerf because reasons. Have fun."
>>
>>50306529
How did you forget the Inquisition themselves?
>>
OH GOD ALL THIS CHAOS ALL THIS YES 1K SONS MMMMMM
>>
>>50306459
Alpha Legion were never particularly Chaos infused so it actually makes sense to use the Horus Heresy rules no matter what the era.
>>
>>50306551
It's a supplement, not a fix. Expect band-aid formations and some gear. It's Angels of Death, but for CSM.
>>
File: 1460036755859.jpg (218KB, 960x653px) Image search: [Google]
1460036755859.jpg
218KB, 960x653px
I just bought a Death Korps army. I'm legit not ready for all this Chaos.
>>
So KSons and then Traitor Legions.

Will it just be like Clan Rauukan and then Angels of Death?
>>
>>50306584
I JUST BOUGHT IMPERIAL GUARD. TRAITOR GUARD IT IS HEHEEYYY
>>
>>50306529
>Wyrdvane Psykers (and maybe Primaris Psykers too?)

The fuck? Why?

They're already taking Scions out of the IG codex (can't argue they're part of the Guard when they're no longer part of the Departmento Munitorum but of the Administatum). What next, Enginseers are available only through Codex: Admech? Guess we need to make Abhumans their own codex, along with Priests (Ecclesiarchy) and Commissars (Officio Prefectus). And divide IG into Infantry, Artillery and Armoured codexes.
>>
>>50306585
This is just the other half of Angels of Death, where Traitors Hate gave CSM the generic formation and the psychic powers, this one will give the formations/detachments with fluffy buffs and relics.
>>
File: 1477509038299.jpg (49KB, 632x775px)
1477509038299.jpg
49KB, 632x775px
>Been wanting to start TSons forever
>All these models are fantastic
>But now everyone and their grandma will be starting thousand sons
>>
>>50306368
wyverns
flamers
wyverns
Leman russes
wyverns
basilisks
did i mention wyverns yet ?
>>
>>50306368
>Orks
>Winning

Just take Wyverns.
>>
File: By The Warmaster.png (718KB, 394x840px) Image search: [Google]
By The Warmaster.png
718KB, 394x840px
>yfw the cannons with the new Thousand Sons Kit are 30k rotor cannons.

>"We listened and chaos marines are finally getting tech from the heresy!"
>>
>>50306628

HOW is this a bad thing, people will stop after the next release comes out and you will have them all to yourself.

More chaos players are GOOD, T-sons are fun to play against
>>
File: 1477516874220.gif (359KB, 450x334px) Image search: [Google]
1477516874220.gif
359KB, 450x334px
Thanks to everyone answering >>50305924
I have came to the conclusion that fighting an ork in melee is like trying to fight a crack addict with your hands
>>
>Release chaos faction that uses psychic powers heavily
>Loyalists just got a cheap unit with fantastic weapons and that turn off psychic powers

Traitors still getting the shit end of the stick i see
>>
>>50306614
They also mention Grey Knight Termies so I think it'll just be a way to take singular units from other Imperial armies without the need for a full allied detachment. Either that or they're in there with the Inquisition.
>>
I think my favorite part about this Tsons release is i had a friend who wanted to play Tsons but said it cost to much because of the conversion kits and now he can finally play them.
>>
>>50305964
>>50305981

Well, if you want stories of toughness, ork heads can survive a few days after decapitation. There's a few stories about ork heads being found, stuck on 'donor' bodies, and the head coming back to life retaining memories and stuff. This is first mentioned in the head-graft (sort of) wargear option in the "Ere We Go" (Rogue Trader) Ork codex. I remember some story about the orks recovering casualties from I think it was the Crimson Fists (or Space Wolves) too.

Having said that, beyond being weird about trauma due to fungus-ness, they're not that mary-sue otherwise.
>>
>>50306628
Show off you're OG status by mixing your old metal minis and the conversions you were forced to make because games workshop didn't make proper models for them in with your new army.

I Know I already have my own Rubric Terminators, Exalted Sorcerers and heavy weapon rubrics right now, In addition to stuff tier probably adding later like Sorcerer Dreadnoughts.
>>
>>50306661
In fluff at least, getting into melee with an ork is a less than optimal plan
>>
>>50306237
>I don't want to run the joke army anymore.
I play orks, melee heavy tyranids, and SoB. How do you think I feel?
SoB, my final hope.
>>
>>50306495
i have faith in the octet
>>
The Diazmonettes are out for one week only, and I kind of want some. I don't have a chaos army, and I probably won't for a while, if ever. What would be the minimum number to get for a reasonable force?
>>
>>50306663
>chaos about to get a massive, completely plastic, and long awaited release
>pre-emptively bitching about it
typical
>>
>>50306421
>Avail 10 Dec.
>10 Dec.
>10
One job
>>
File: died of unending dispair.jpg (12KB, 229x343px) Image search: [Google]
died of unending dispair.jpg
12KB, 229x343px
>>50306653
why did it have to be the worst weapons
Why couldn't it be volkite
Or rad weapons
>>
>>50306661
>fighting an ork in melee is like trying to fight a crack addict with your hands
>>50306728
>In fluff at least, getting into melee with an ork is a less than optimal plan

As I recall, melee wasn't a big thing in the imperium until they started encountering the endless gives-no-shits-about-shooting-casualties tide armies like tyranids and orks, where suddenly melee was a thing you could routinely expect to happen. Having said that, shooting is still superior in both the fluff and this edition.
>>
>>50306736
I hope SoB end up being great for your sake Anon. Your time will come.
>>
>>50306529
I'd be skeptical of these particular rumors.
>>
>>50306661
Yes. Generally speaking, you're bit fucked if you're in melee with orks and you have S3.

Unless you're full platoon of Conscripts that have been fortified with a priest. 100 attacks that reroll hits and wounds will fuck up about everything. Thats 41 wounds right there. Thats even 3 dead meganobs!
>>
>>50306763
2 squads and a herald to take CAD unless you go unbound. i already got a lot of daemonettes and seekers, i'll order a squad tomorrow
>>
>>50306763
two basic squads, and one of the mounted squads

You probably won't want more 'nettes beyond that, unless you're a nutter.
>>
File: ohyou.png (247KB, 496x372px) Image search: [Google]
ohyou.png
247KB, 496x372px
>>50306557
Shhh let me have my dreams
>>50306573
oh sure which is what i use most of the time. Its just nice to have something a bit different
>>
Question

Should I outfit my Raider with a Shock Prow? Are Raiders usually tank shocking and ramming and are they effective at it because of how fast they can go?
>>
>>50304871

Wraithseer if FW counts.
>>
>>50306653
If it ends up being Inferno rotor cannons with AP3. Then were OK. Or maybe it'll just be a new model for a rotary reaper autocannon.

From Lexicanum referencing A Thousand Sons.
"Aghoru was one of the first times that they deployed their newly issued rotary cannons, although they deliberately chose to continue to refer to the weapon by the name of the previous Terminator-issue support cannon, the Reaper. This was due to the numerological significance of the word reaper, which fitted perfectly with the philosophy of the Thousand Sons."
>>
File: 1474332915954.jpg (209KB, 926x682px)
1474332915954.jpg
209KB, 926x682px
>>50306824
Thanks for your encouragement, Anon.

(Although with the blood angels straying from the space vampire stuff to go more heavily into the angel stuff, I'm curious how they'll distinguish SoB from the popular marine army.)
>>
>>50306893
Maybe a mini hades autocannon?
>>
File: Oanger_dunecrawler.jpg (311KB, 1618x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Oanger_dunecrawler.jpg
311KB, 1618x1200px
GUYS

GUYS

CRAB TANK
>>
File: 99120102013_CSMDefilerNEW_01.jpg (130KB, 845x645px) Image search: [Google]
99120102013_CSMDefilerNEW_01.jpg
130KB, 845x645px
>>50306953
>do you love me, brother
>>
>>50306893
Doubt it's gonna be a reaper, makes no sense to have two models for the same gun and they're not gonna start changing all the reapers into miniguns.

Rotor cannons is more likely, though probably some GW version of it. Like how GW grav and FW grav are different. Quite frankly FW rotors cannons are shit. Even at S4 they'd be far more useful than what they are right now. Mass S3 is pointless when a regular tactical squad can pump out the same number of shots in S4 for the same price.
>>
File: abomination.jpg (51KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
abomination.jpg
51KB, 480x360px
>>50306974
>>
>>50306529
Why putting Grey Knight Termis from a Standalonecodex in a supplement???
>>
File: stalk tank.jpg (50KB, 600x577px) Image search: [Google]
stalk tank.jpg
50KB, 600x577px
>>50306974
Be strong brother.
be strong for the darker powers
>>
>>50306974
I would have loved for the dunecrawler to have an artillery option, like old defiler had. I like the idea of a walking artillery platform.
>>
Which Necron dynasty should I paint up? Sautekh seem a little plain.
>>
>>50307029
Novokh
>>
>>50307029
I'm partial to Heirokhitti
>>
>>50307026
Dunecrawler already has god tier gun selection at least.
>>
>>50306529
>I really do think that next edition will hugely loosen ally rules.

It's possible they adopt the Allegiance rules and bonuses of Age of Sigmar to handle allies rather than the matrix and penalties we currently have. This is both less restrictive (mainly for xenos), because you can freely choose whichever forces you like. But also more restrictive, because if you want particular allegiance bonuses you need to voluntarily restrict yourself to certain narrow groups. For Imperials in particular I suspect it would mean giving up force specific Allegiance bonuses in favor of a general "Imperial" one. If they do things right this could be a fairly significant cost relative to the current "all BB all the time" of current Imperial allies.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 900x675px
>>50307029

Best dynasty, obviously.
>>
>>50307019
>nice church
>>
What do you guys think the magnus rules are going to be
>>
File: Imperial Agents.jpg (224KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Agents.jpg
224KB, 1440x2560px
Hey guys, guess what's confirmed?
>>
>>50307029
Assholetep

Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm painting his dynasty in a fallen Tomb World he comes in and is all "heh, last night I painted something on your mom" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber.

What an asshole.
>>
>tfw I am "that guy"

I've wanted to start 1k Sons for awhile now but I didn't because the models were kind of crappy and the rules were trash. Now I'm going to. :^)
>>
>>50307163
YES

THE INQUISITION IS COMING, HERETICS
>>
>>50307178
FUCK YOU
WORD BEARERS
WORD BEARERS
WORD BEARERS
WORD BEARERS
WORD BEARERS

YOU CAN'T TAKE THIS HYPE FROM ME CORPSE WORSHIPPER

I HAVE SURPASSED DISAPPOINTMENT

WORD BEARERS
>>
File: 20161119_191809445_iOS.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161119_191809445_iOS.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Everyone pick up their Diaz titty Daemonettes today?
>>
File: Exterminatus.gif (282KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
Exterminatus.gif
282KB, 400x296px
>>50307178
>>50307192

I FEEL THE URGE...

THE URGE TO PURGE!
>>
>>50307207

I want plastic Diaz titty Daemonettes :(
>>
>>50307207
>>50307223
I bought some in hopes of plastic Diaz titty Daemonettes
>>
>>50307192
>>
>>50307207
got 30 nets and 10 seekers because my dick demanded it
>>
>>50307230
>>50307223
**sniffle ** maybe one day lads, one day
>>
>>50307163
This is the new sob codex in disguise huh
>>
>>50307207
Picked up 10 to complete my collection. 3x25 daemonettes with commands, 10 seekers with command, 5 seekers without.
>>
>>50307230
>>50307230
I really hope GW is using this to see if there is a marked for the more mature Slaanesh demons
>>
>>50307274
There's a bunch of stuff in there, apparently.

Loyal sons and daughters of the Imperium take heart, as whilst the Ruinous Powers may seek to be in ascendance as the year wanes, the God-Emperor's most righteous agents stalk the stars ready to enact his will.
Codex: Imperial Agents contains nine subfactions of the Imperial war-machine, from agents of the Inquisition to Wyrdvane Psykers of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica to reinforce your armies of the Imperium. After all, Deathwatch Kill Teams and Imperial Assassins are just as likely to be found working alongside regiments of the Astra MIlitarum or Space Marine strike forces as they are working by themselves, giving the Armies of the Imperium increased tactical choice and scope to conquer any foe.
Within this volume you'll find background and rules for using nine smaller factions alongside your existing armies of the Imperium, from the Grey Knight Terminator squads to the BATTLE SISTERS OF THE ADEPTA SORORITAS."
>>
>>50307284
100% -- That and interest for Slannesh overall...
>>
>>50307292
Sisters confirmed minor faction
>>
>>50307292
Okay so:

GK Termies
SoB
Wyrdvane Psykers
Assassins
DW Kill Teams
Inquisition

Mystery Factions:

SoS?
Custodes?
Legion of the Damned?
>>
>>50306350
Yes, in 5th edition.
>>
>>50307310
sisters aren't a major faction in any way
>>
>>50305584
You're talking to the guy that made a PDF of the fluff and units from the inserts in Burning Dawn/Shadowtalon just because I wanted a complete set of Warzone Damocles PDFs.
>>
I'd love a low model count xeno army.

But the only real option there is eldar, who are terminally no fucking fun at all.
>>
>>50307373

Riptide Wing
>>
>>50307373
Necron Immortals? Ork Deffwing?
>>
File: Deathwatch-Battleforce-1.jpg (172KB, 943x697px) Image search: [Google]
Deathwatch-Battleforce-1.jpg
172KB, 943x697px
Ok Fuckers i really need an advice. mate in my group is starting a 1k sons army with the new releases. I have contemplated trying deathwatch. Opinion on this new bundle thats coming out next month? price seems to be $170 (and i get -20% from wayland)

Id love a low-modelcount midranged specialized army with alot of options... i dont really care IF i win but that its fun. i currently have like 3k pts of space wolves and while they are my favorite legion, they seem quite one-off with just "Try to get into melee or die" sort of.

1x Razorback (Las turret)
5x Bikes
5x Termies (With missile launcher)
2x 5man kill teams
1x Vanguard vets
1x Watch master
>>
>>50307338

I've seen it in sixth and seventh.
>>
So, how many of you think Sisters are gonna get bikes in the update? What about flamer bikes?
>>
>>50307383

Doesn't Immortals need a bunch of screening units? And doesn't Deffwing need Forge World stuff to be legal?
>>
>>50305549
You versus the guy the Emprah told you not to worry about.
>>
>>50307370
In the minds of the goobers that play them they are.
>>
>>50307410
my guess is get nothing but you have my hopes and dreams
>>
>>50307422
Deffwing is just talking as many Meganobs as possible.
>>
File: inquisition.jpg (267KB, 1913x1212px) Image search: [Google]
inquisition.jpg
267KB, 1913x1212px
>>50307163
Yeah nah. They won't re use the exact same picture from the Inquisition book. Nice try though.
>>
>>50307491
I didn't make it. And another guy confirmed the hooded Inquisitor cover before I ever saw that.
>>
>>50307491
>I didn't make it.
Still bullshit. Again, nice try.
>>
>>50307502
>>50307510
>>
How much do special collector editions of campaign books with the objective markers and stuff usually cost? I've never paid attention to them before.
>>
>>50307510
Fine, don't believe it. You'll see.
>>
>>50304919
Painting up the last batch of Chaos Terminators I have and debating how to paint my last Hellbrute. Plus, my Imperial Fist devastators arrived today, so my deliberate avoidance of Centurions remains intact.
>>
>>50307373

Walker or Tank Orks are something.

As is Tau suit spam (all suits, not just the big ones. It's not spam if you only have five models on the board).
>>
File: Ork.jpg (808KB, 1536x2048px)
Ork.jpg
808KB, 1536x2048px
>>50305962
>blindly hating this much

you can clearly tell that both players are kind of new or casual about the game.

except for the riptide he didn't even play a very waac list with the ethereal, stealth suits and all. hell, he probably only took the riptide because he doesn't have detailed knowledge about why orks in particular struggle against it or doesn't have much choice of units. and honestly, the riptide is an optical centerpiece, so most tau players will pick one up and consequentially field them. or stormsurge kek.

also, ork player said that tau player got the army new, so that's probably why nothing is painted.

>>50305033
maybe try snikrot and kommandos (boss + klaw) to snipe the riptide. Or use bikers. Once the riptide is in cc with a model with a powerklaw, it is dead. the problem is getting there. As a general rule, never footslog anything against tau. but in general, the small point-size really favours the tau.
>>
>>50307491
>They won't re use the exact same picture from the Inquisition book

Why not?
>>
>>50307386
The box is actually pretty capable of making a good Deathwatch list, particularly if you're already sorted for melee.

>Razorback

It's a razorback. The enemy will be keen to stay away from the Frag Cannons, so they're a serious candidate for that role, obviously.

>Bikes

Earlier posts ITT discussed them. Deathwatch bikes are harassment-distraction units with a bit of melee punch. A five-man unit would be pretty powerful.

>Termies

You can put melta-guns on the power-fists of termies, and then give them heavy weapons, including the cyclone launcher. Be aware that there's only one of each heavy weapon in the box though, and the "official" Cyclone bits are rare. DW Termies are good allrounders, though if you give them flamers they can be close-quarters monsters. It's all about versatility and their role in the army.

>3 x 5 man Kill teams

There's actually fifteen power-armoured guys there. I plan to break mine down to a 4 x frag squad, a 4 x bolter squad, and a third squad I don't know what to do with yet, possibly plasma or melee.

I don't think there are vanguard vets, and the Watch Master basically has one loadout that's a jack of all trades, he's a buff character otherwise.

Overall, it's a good box, it'll be hard to make mistakes with, especially ones that will render a model never-used.
>>
>>50307594
because GW likes to change up their covers
>>
>>50306985
I'm not sure if the phrasing of that is specifically implying something like that. It seems more like it's talking about individual units of the larger factions. Like Battle Sisters of Adepta Sororitas likely with more sisters things in some like microdex format, and GK Termies along with other GK stuff in a similar microdex setup.

I'm honestly vaguely skeptical as to how it will work. Will it be capable of running entirely by itself?
>>
>>50307620
Well it seems to be using purely pre-existing units, so it would have to be a picture of something that already has art. If it was me, I wouldn't put too much effort into a supplement.
>>
>>50307312
>Legion of the Damned?
Are they not in the ultramaine codex anymore?
>>
>>50307491
they used the exact same picture from the 6th edition tau codex for the 7th edition one. they only changed the filter.
>>
>>50307491
>>50307620
>>50307646
>expecting GW to care and put in more than the minimum effort into a half-assed SoB release.
>>
>>50307687
GW has never recycled cover art from another book. Even on the ebook only Sisters codex. It got brand new art.
>>
File: P1100785.jpg (233KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1100785.jpg
233KB, 1600x1200px
>>50307709
>>
>>50307685
Hmm. That is true, I am wrong in that there is one exception. Still, reusing art makes it incredible suspect as it's both out of character and much easier to fake.
>>
>>50307667
they're like the guard spec ops, they have their own book while being an elite choice

>>50307687
the only time they haven't is when black legion got their update, they added a red haze to the background.
>>
>>50307737
>>50307742
>>
>>50307737
It was pretty much a reprint anyways, when you think about it.
>>
>>50307737
well, 90+% of that codex was straight recycled as well. almost nothing was changed, it was just new additions.
>>
>>50307760
>>50307765

That's pretty much what Imperial Agents is, various shit reprinted. With some extras maybe.
>>
>>50304919
Nothing today, but I have a Tau vs Marines game with my shiny new XV9 tomorrow. Ought to be fun.
>>
>>50307760
>>50307765
>Much of the fluff was actually re-written. It wasn't necessarily new, but definitely re-worded.
>thinking Plastic Sisters codex won't be largely recycled, too
>>
>>50307789
Most of the codieces are recycled, because there is nothing to change. Space Marines will be still Space Marines. Orks will bve Orks. etc.
>>
>>50304990
Force commander stormraven it's totally bonkers if he has straffing run.
>>
If I paint TSons purple and black with silver trim do you think I will be mistaken for some type of slaanesh worshiping faggot
>>
So the thousand sons stuff is probably going to be a reprint of WoM stuff. Should we expect black legion to get new stuff since they just got a supplement?
>>
>>50307885
Yes
>>
>>50307765
>well,
the lesson people need to learn is to never say never

Shakeycam bullshit is about as trustworthy as your mum, but reprinted (but technically not, since codex inquisition was never printed) cover art is hardly out of the question.
>>
>>50305238
My levels of hatred for you are about equal to magnus and russ right now
>>
>>50307386
In case you're still around, generally you should only order from wayland if they have it in stock at the time, otherwise steer clear. Just in case you didn't know.
>>
>>50305340
He's a joke against dark eldar, as soon as he touches anything it's removed from the board, I wish I could throw him in a flameblade strike force.
>>
Who wants to bet the T-Son assault cannon gives Hatred (Space Wolves) to the unit firing if it inflicts a wound
>>
>>50307943
>Can only be fired with snap shots
>units that get wounded by it gain hatred against the firer's faction
>>
>>50305924
It depends on if the ork believes he's been stabbed in the heart or not.
>>
>>50307985
>No yuh Grot! My 'art iz ovur 'ere
>>
>>50307084
What would the forces even be, though?

Forces of the Imperium is the obvious one, but the other armies don't really have any greater allegiances, or much drive to work together.
>>
anyone know if the new thousand sons are getting a supplement codex too?
>>
>>50308071
Their new stuff will be inside the Wrath of Magnus book.
>>
>>50307770
assassins
astropath shit
=][=
GKT
SoS
Custodes
>>
>>50307885
convert the tzeentch icons into dildos and you're set
>>
>>50308112
sorry i haven't played 40k in a long ass time is Wrath of Magnus a type of codex or would i need the chaos space marine one too? excuse my noobiness please
>>
>>50306850
no
>>
Chaos Termunator should Ben cheapish than Ork nobs, experts ally for the price he costs. I mean l no less than three Ork players looked me in the eye and told me that wow chador der intro sucks.mif that's the standard se live up to, what's Eden the four ? The fuck games work dude
>>
>>50308043
Imperium, and then Races (Eldar, Orks, Tau, Necrons, etc.) They wouldn't have "Grand Aliiances" like AoS.
>>
>>50308192
>Chaos Termunator should Ben cheapish than Ork nobs, experts ally for the price he costs. I mean l no less than three Ork players looked me in the eye and told me that wow chador der intro sucks.mif that's the standard se live up to, what's Eden the four ? The fuck games work dude

What the fuck are you trying to say, my man?
>>
>>50305759
He's flying around on a Disk of Tzeentch. He's literally moved upwards.
>>
>>50308186
Chances are you will still need the latest CSM codex since the model pool for the new Thousand Sons is small so you'll probably be looking at CSM/Daemons to fill out your lists.

Wrath of Magnus is the second book in the Warzone Fenris series (the first one being 'Curse of the Wulfen). Inside there will be new datasheets for the new models as well as a new bunch of formations to use them in. It's best to wait and see what happens in regards to rules and books, though.
>>
I'm hoping Wrath of Magnus has a collectors edition with fancy tokens
Or will that be a loyalist only thing
>>
>>50308204

I'm little fund that's all, plush autocannon.

He thing is, basically terminator chaos are he worse in the game , spsejcsllt sicnd the only rule for them is suincide . Hktufnddkflg speaking, four dombun meltas, is the fing de doo every time, and then they just find . Bufjffffkf is abs
Durr, bills grid. At then d of the day, Ork players should not be looking down at a chaos I it and laugh. Dock maters man, fucking Orks fufdlic .
>>
>>50308243
stop posting and go to bed
>>
File: 1478481437065.jpg (259KB, 1280x974px)
1478481437065.jpg
259KB, 1280x974px
>>50308243
>>
File: IMG_3156.jpg (56KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3156.jpg
56KB, 600x620px
Huh, looking at the KdK codex, I never realized that each of the Bloodthirsters had the same statline, but more rules and different weapons depending on the Thirster.

I still can't tell which one is the better of the three. Unfettered Fury looks the coolest, but Wrath of Khorne is a lot better for a mere 50 points, and Insensate Rage has S:D at I1.

Hmmm....

Also, do none of them have Eternal Warrior? I thought that they would, unless I'm just blind and missed it somewhere.
>>
>>50308241
I hope so too. It'll be the only one I've ever considered buying.
>>
File: IMG_0451.jpg (929KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0451.jpg
929KB, 1136x852px
Some images from today's match 2v2 1000pts per player. My Tau+ Deathwatch vs GSC and Necrons. We got shat on.

I might be retarded because I can barely squeeze out wins with my Tau. It doesn't help that I had mostly garbage rolls on top of the enemy saving FUCKING EVERYTHING. I did bust out the Coldstar and killed the Primarch in 1 round of shooting, though. Flew right up in front of him and unloaded. I try to play without being WAACy, like I want to win, so I'll use my formations and shit, but I'm never going to bust out more than 2 Riptides.

1/4 My friend shot this one and it's my favorite.
>>
File: IMG_4087.jpg (1MB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4087.jpg
1MB, 1136x852px
>>50308352
2/4 Sneaky "Jean-stealer" as my friend calls his.
>>
>>50308333

Honestly they all kinda suck without gifts and relics.

Daemons run better in the Daemon book, besides obviously the reinforcement mechanic. If you aren't running mortals with daemonic support, you're better off taking them from Daemons for the wargear options.

Besides, I like taking blood slaughterers, and those aren't compatible with KDK.
>>
File: IMG_4086.jpg (948KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4086.jpg
948KB, 1136x852px
>>50308362
3/4 Fire Warriors holding the rear.
>>
File: IMG_4084.jpg (1MB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4084.jpg
1MB, 1136x852px
>>50308374
4/4 Pathfinders watching the battlefield.
>>
>>50308352
That's a cool picture.
>>
>>50308333
Nope. Daemons list EW.
>>
>>50308192
>>50308243

I... Think he's saying three Ork players laughed at his chaos terminators, called them shittier than meganobs.
>>
>>50307338
orks are in no way without chance vs tau. the average tau will win more often than the average ork, though.
>>
It is a damn shame that they didn't make the other two Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer models available for this round of MTO, but at the same time I'm glad they picked the best one.
>>
>>50308372
Oh, really? I'd heard KdK was better for mono-Khorne Daemons, but I guess not.

>>50308394
Weird, something like a Bloodthirster should have it, in my opinion.
>>
>>50307373
maybe harlequins, or are they no fun to you either? you could also try making a fun eldar army, it's possible.
>>
>>50308401

>meganobs
>chaos terminators

They're both lack luster aren't they?
>>
>>50308528
Overpriced and under-performing, yes.
>>
>>50308528

MANZ are better purely due to having access to cheap assault transports and a decent formation if you want to run 15 of them. You could argue that the extra wound is better than a 5++ save but they're T4 and Ap2 is plentiful. They work well as suicide units.

If Chaos Terminators had access to Trukks they very well might be decent too in the same role.
>>
>>50308648

>cheap assault transports
>Trukks

Which suck too.

That being said, I suppose they'll at least survive the thing blowing up when it does, if not necessarily the shooting that will come afterward.
>>
>>50308352
you aren't retarded. tau are not the easiest army to play, though they can be very powerful. but they have exploitable weaknesses. can you post your list?
>>
>>50307163
Fake and gay. And I desperately want this.
>>
Any hope for Asdrubael Vect model and rules?
>>
>>50308757
Nyet, coming releases are imperium vs chaos and admech vs tau.
>>
>>50308725
It was something I made in like 10 mins.

Total, 1000/1000 pts
Hunter Contingent:

>Hunter Cadre:
Coldstar Commander with Drone Controller, Stim Injector and 2 Marker Drones

3 Man Crisis Team, 3 Marker Drones, Airbursting Frag Launcher and Missile Pod on each suit

4 Pathfinders

3 5 Man Strike Teams

Hammerhead with Railgun+subs, Smart Missile System, and Sensor Spines

>Optimised Stealth Cadre:
Ghostkeel with Flamers and Ion Raker, Early Warning Override

2 3 Man stealth teams with 1 fusion, 2 burst cannons
>>
>>50308676

Like I said, they're suicide units. You stick them in a Trukk, point them in the direction of something you want dead, and just floor it across the board. Yes, it will explode horribly, but as you say, they'll survive that. Hopefully they can get themselves into some cover and then pull off an assault next turn.

No, it's not perfect, and it's risky, but frankly there aren't many other options as Orks. Ever since Tankbustas get their savage FAQ nerf MANZ are the only reliable way for orks to deal with Knights, and if MANZ do make it into CC with anything that isn't a deathstar or AP2 melee unit, they will do some damage.
>>
Is the next Tyranid update (in 2030) going to make Tyranids more choppy-based, or more shooty-based?

Or are they going be be more of an all-comers kind of army?

Discuss.
>>
>>50308820

More of a nerfed kind of army.
>>
>>50308648
>>50308676
More like the trukk gets blown up before it can even move then they spend the next 6 turns walking up the board getting easily shot to death by anything s8 or ap2
>>
>>50308874
>nerfing Tyranids harder than they already are

I wouldn't be surprised
>>
>>50308908

Exactly.

It just about makes regular Boyz or anything without two wounds a point trap outside of the Green Tide.
>>
File: 1473871726217s.jpg (4KB, 125x113px)
1473871726217s.jpg
4KB, 125x113px
>>50308874
>>MORE nerfed
Must be eating too much ork biomass in the octarius sector
>>
>>50308908

Well to be fair I play on boards with some LoS blocking terrain.

But even if you don't have that, if you throw enough Trukks out there, something should get through. Not every army you go against will be Tau gunlines with quad Riptides or SM Grav-spam. Goes well with a Biker-deathstar that tends to draw a lot of fire.
>>
>>50308779
ok, that's a pretty chill and fun list, but don't expect to win against anybody who tries to win a bit more.
>>
>>50308352
You aren't retarded. Tau aren't the easy auto-win point-and-click faction the internet makes them out to be. Tau are strong in the first or second round of the game, and if you can maximize that advantage you have a good chance of coming home the victor. But the more units they lose, the more rapidly they decline, and they do so much more severely than other factions.
>>
>>50308958
>LoS blocking terrain.

Better hope it really blocks or else

>I can see 1/8th of the trukk's tire, please take your 5+ cover save :^)
>>
>>50308943
>image nids that have abosrbed ork stats.
>warriors being like nobs, useless
>everyone looses i -1
>no anti tank outside of CC and glancing to death
>carnifexes loose most of their ranged choices and get up priced again.
>>
>>50308676
150pts for 9/12 powerclaw attacks that can charge 24"

Even if a riptide spends a turn shooting at them, its still worth it.
>>
>>50308362
...Jean-stealer as in, "that's a written joke he makes all the time," or as in you personally have some bizarre way of pronouncing genestealer that sounds different from that?
>>
>>50308917
>>50308943

"Hive Tyrants cannot take both wings and ranged weapons"

"Failing any IB test results in the removal of the unit. This counts for First Blood and VP.

"Core Formation: Take 6 maxed out squads of Gants to get +1WS for one turn per game."
>>
>>50309012

Assuming they aren't all blown away after losing their transport.
>>
>>50308977
>>50308978
Yeah, I've never been the best listbuilder, and I don't really know how I could work on my "tactics". I don't really know how to gauge what I should be doing in my turn to well. I really just try to go for whatever my objective cards tell me to go for. I know there's AdvancedTauTactica, but that only goes so far.

>>50309023
Written/spoken joke. He called his list the "Billie Jeanstealers."
>>
>>50309034
Decent, but we can do better:
>Failing any IB test results in your opponent gaining control of the unit for the rest of the game. The unit counts as destroyed for First Blood and VP. You do not gain any VP for destroying the unit. The unit may capture objectives, and has the Objective Secured rule if they had it already.
>>
>>50309073
to do well* or perform better

It doesn't help that I just have some god awful luck. If I don't whiff my rolls, the opponent usually makes their save even if it's the most unlikely like a 6+ cover or something.
>>
>>50309100
By super old fluff when Tyranids were slavers this would be fluffy as fuck.

No slave master in sight so they actively work against their former slavers
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 800x600px
Whatever happened to the other Talon of Horus?
>>
>>50308874
>>50308917
how many more T6 MC's do you think will be added
how many do they have total right now like 13?
>>
>>50309133
What happened to the mace?
>>
>>50309133
I want to know what happened to World Breaker.
>>
>>50309133
There is only one Talon of Horus, Abaddon has it.
Horus second weapon was World Breaker, giant power mace.
>>
>>50309133
What other talon?
>>
>>50309133
>Whatever happened to the other Talon of Horus?
Retconed, now it's talon and worldbreaker
>>
>>50309162
>>50309152
Was destroyed during Clone of Horus vs Abaddon duel. Talon of Horus(Abaddon) has break the worldbreaker(Cloned Horus)
>>
>>50309152
>>50309162
>>50309164
>>50309165
World Breaker mind.
>>
http://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/19/this-december-all-is-dust-and-loads-of-new-books/

Codex: Imperial Agents and Traitor Legions officially confirmed.
>>
File: 1329263371194.jpg (148KB, 1130x900px) Image search: [Google]
1329263371194.jpg
148KB, 1130x900px
Bit of an idiot question: I was told today during a match that I could only use a combi-weapon once per game. As a new player, I honestly have no clue. Is that true? Or did I get bamboozled?
>>
>>50309223
yep.
Combi weapon is indeed a one turn weapon
>>
>>50309223
You can only use the extra function (grav, melta, flamer) once a game. After that it just turns into a bolter or whatever its normal weapon profile is.
>>
>>50309215
hah told you it was real.

>>50308749
>>50307491
>>
>>50309051

Yes but by that logic anything Orks field can be countered by specific enemy units. Following that line of thinking you should just pack up your army as soon as your opponent deploys anything.

Actually come to think of it that makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>50309247
>>50309250
Ah. I'll be sure not to blow my load too early next time. Thanks for the clarification.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (685KB, 1095x1505px)
latest[1].jpg
685KB, 1095x1505px
So what exactly is the Hive Mind?

Is it an actual, singular entity, like Starcraft's Overmind?

Or is it more like the psychic equivalent of an ant colony: just a term used to describe the fact that Tyranids act as one gigantic, world-consuming organism?

Could I have a conversation with the Hive Mind? Or would I just be having a conversation with the highest-functioning bioform in the local area?

How far does the Hive Mind reach? Can Tyranids near Ultramar communicate with Nids fighting Necrons half a galaxy away?

What happens when two different hive fleets run into each other? Do they both have the same Hive Mind? If so, why do they have different colorations?
>>
File: 1407800354561s.jpg (5KB, 95x124px)
1407800354561s.jpg
5KB, 95x124px
>>50309254
horrible
but true

>tfw slogger boyz.
>tfw they finally get stuck in, everything strikes first.
>no armour.
>overwatch
>pieplates.
>no anti tank
Feels zogging bad
>>
>>50309290
>So what exactly is the Hive Mind
A single, very hungry snotling.
>>
>>50309290
I like the idea that it is a singular entity, but not one like the Starcraft Overlord, with comprehensible goals and conversation-ability.

It's probably not controlling anything less than a Dominatrix 24/7, but checks on on the minds of every Tyranid organism very consistently.
>>
FOTM faggot here.

How do TSons play? Elite shooty/magic chaos? What would their model count look like vs other space marines? vs Grey Knights?
>>
>>50309354
We have no idea what they're new rules are, wait and see.
>>
>>50309290
ant colony

no conversations, nids don't think
also it overpowers psykers minds

the hive mind reaches everything

two hive fleets don't run into eachother, thats what the hivemind is for, colorations are from evolution
>>
>>50309301
But dude prime orks soon.

Seriously how do true Ork players feel about that fluff change?

>>50309354
Wait for the rules.
>>
>>50309215
Could CSM become good?
Are my assassins going to become worthless?
>>
>>50309301

At least with the Battle Wagon, Gun Wagon and Big Trakk they stand a better chance of making it into combat.

Orks really need a better Transport option or transport upgrades for the Trukk.
>>
>>50309373
How could it be an ant colony, but also omniscient?

Surely there's a limit to how far the hive mind reaches.

Otherwise, why would there be synapse range? And wouldn't shadow in the warp be everywhere, all the time?
>>
>>50305549
Don't talk to me or my thousand sons ever again
>>
>>50309422
it is only omniscient because it is like an ant colony
the hive mind reaches out as far as the synapse creatures boost the influece

there is a threshold for creatures to be controlled, but the latent frequency of the hivemind extends beyond measurement

the affects of SitW and synapse are only realized when they are observed by humans or intelligent xenos
>>
>>50309073
>>50309116
But yeah, anyone have any resources where I could learn to be a better player overall?
>>
>>50304784
I've been wanting to get into the Novels of 40K and just saw the mega link for some Novels. Just wondering how up to date is it??
>>
>>50309215
BREAK OUT THAT FINE-ASS WARP DUST, BOYS.
>>
>>50309377
>prime orks soon
What?
All i know is i wish clans still as strong as they were earlier.
>>50309407
Yeah, anything but mech ork is a too weak generally trash and as much as i would prefer a larger transport for a horde army I'd take a Main Line Battle Tank over it.
Something outside of forge world, just like a basic form, doesn't even matter if it's a slightly over costed leman russ or predator. Or something like the old epic Bonebreaka or brainbusta.
I can live with mobs having to slog or be under strength when they get there in trunks
Or pay 110 for 20 man taxi.
I can't live without something bigger and more reliable on my orks tanks outside of forgeworld.
>>
>Traitor Legions supplement
please let it be good

>apocrypha
I have no idea what those are. Fluff books? Pictures of old models?
>>
File: Farsight Crisis.jpg (273KB, 1600x1590px) Image search: [Google]
Farsight Crisis.jpg
273KB, 1600x1590px
>>50309116
don't worry, you'll get better over time.

from the distance i can only maybe advise you a bit on your list building. if you don't want to make it cheesy (riptide wing), you maybe have to equip/use your other units more effectively.

At low point games use your commander either in a crisis team (preferrably with plasma guns, he has bs 5, always take the 2+ suit) or in a marker drone swarm for more effectiveness. use your mobility to keep distance. don't forget assault phase movement.

In high point games, use him as a buffcommander (neurochip and the two other systems whose names i keep forgetting) in missile broadsides. marker drone swarm works as well, but maybe you can even take a second commander for that.

always equip crisis with 2 weapons of the same kind each, all the same weapon per unit. maybe add a single deep striking double fusion crisis.keep in mind crisis are fodder for lascannons and similar weapons.

the hammerhead is cool and i like it (i like your list as a whole, for chill games mind you), but in more competitive environments i would suggest taking a skyray (more (self-buffing) markerlights, anti air, or one DEVASTATING shooting phase when not moving).
stealth cadre is ok.

maybe drop a strike team and the pathfinders. i personally like them, but a buffed drone swarm is so much more effective.

This would make your list more competitive from the spot, while staying away from the cheese. so if you're constantly losing, maybe up your game a little bit.
>>
>>50309215
>>50309251
Well fuck me twice and call me a faggot.
>>
>>50309542
>prime orks
>prime-orks
>primarchs
It's BL being cheeky, they're Warbosses from TBA books
>>
It actually feels a TINY bit sad that CSM might actually be good cause it felt strangely soothing being part of a tight club of people who just bitched about shit 24/7. But I'm glad the Ruinous Powers might be making a comeback, anyway.

Just gonna be salty at the people hijacking my favourite legion for FotM if they're good. Oh I always loved TSons, yeah, fuck off..
>>
File: 07-11-51-traitor-legions.jpg (375KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
07-11-51-traitor-legions.jpg
375KB, 700x900px
Hell has frozen over. Traitor Legions
>>
>>50309480
nice one
>>
>>50309739
We know.
>>50309215
>>
>>50309723
Just like the latest supplement made them good, right? :D
>>
>>50304856
A lot of what you're looking for is in IA1, where there are no less than five potential tank warlords

Command Tank
Command Salamander
General Grizmund in The Grace of the Throne
Obadiah Schfeer in Mad Dog Alpha
Maximillian Weisemann in Baneblade 212 Arethusa

In the vanilla AM book, there is also the plain jane Leman Russ commander, and Knight-Commander Pask, which are both legal warlord choices
>>
File: 40 eck.jpg (5KB, 125x125px)
40 eck.jpg
5KB, 125x125px
>>50309633
the ullanor orks?
Not like it all that much, i do like the imperium getting up shown by ork diplomats, I like it as a blood axe player but the clan orgin shoehorning was terrible.
But when you get that human cattle stuff (why the fuck were they doing that in the first place)
You take orks from being reasonable, Sometimes actually preferable to the imperials in the old fluff to being GRIMDORKS.
Perhaps they want orks to be a viable villain and flanderizing them from the German equivalents in this roman to being dicks.
>>
>>50309739
NEW NEW GW ALMOST AS GOOD AS OLD GW
>>
>>50309723
So you're a wargaming hipster? Cool.
>>
>>50309723
>tfw I have 30 metal t-sons
Try and tell me I jumped on the bandwagon when I've had these models for years, fuckers
>>
File: perterbto.jpg (11KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
perterbto.jpg
11KB, 241x209px
>>50309723
>anon your post
>tight knit csm community
>thousand sons creep
Get bitter.
Get with the best rather than the flavour of the month.
>>
>>50309590
If it's any help, here's what I own.

1 Commander, 1 Ethereal, 3 Crisis suits, 1 Riptide, 1 Stormsurge, 1 Ghoskteel, 1 Broadside, 1 Hammerhead/Skyray, 16 Fire Warriors, 20 Pathfinders, 6 Stealth Suits, a dick ton of drones.

I was planning on buying a Start Collecting Tau instead of the Battleforce, because I think I could get more use out of the SC even though the battleforce is a fucking insane savings.
>>
File: a54.jpg (80KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
a54.jpg
80KB, 600x600px
>>50309792
I'm just a loyal traitor.
>>
>>50309818
who /lifelong/ Tson here?
>>
>>50309773
>>Maximillian Weisemann in Baneblade 212
Michael Wittmann still a terror to the British psyche 70 years later?
>>
>>50309818
Kek, actually that's a good point. Chuck the fucking Aspiring Sorcerer pewter model at them.

>>50309854
ALL IS DUST

back in 5th I started 40k after wanting to get into the hobby 15 years prior. Back then I thought "Nah, screw sci-fi, I'll only go Fantasy!" until I grew up and I started liking sci-fi more. Got a box of Fire Warriors but then just fell in love with the Sons and 4K points later I'm here.
>>
File: IMG_1463.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px)
IMG_1463.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>50309878
kek

not many people get that reference, good on you. yes that is a sly nod to the SS ace himself, michael wittmann.

also not a bad unit, a BS 4 baneblade with the co-axial weapon rule and can independently twin-link one of its guns.

ogryn unrelated
>>
>>50309878
>a terror to the British psyche 70 years later?
Not likely.
We all know there is no such thing as britian anon.
Or british people.
Or a british psyche
>>
>>50309911
I do know that the core of my army is going to revolve around including the 3 incarnations of Ahriman
>>
>>50309944
Nice. I don't even have the fucking metal mini. I want one badly, along with Typhus before they change him too.
>>
>>50309542

>Main Line Battle Tank

Something else Orks are lacking, outside of their Tank Lords of War.
>>
File: 1470742607802.jpg (247KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1470742607802.jpg
247KB, 1366x768px
What kind of setup do you guys have when playing? Battle-mat? Squares of plywood? Rolling out your fat brother and using his flab as a battlefield? Natural craters included, sponsored by Nurgle
What would you reccomend? I need it to be modular in some way, i can't have it permanently set up.
>>
>>50309994
Battle Mat

The dice roll smooth, the models glide, they roll up nicely
One store has these the other has premade modular tables.

The modules are gorgeous and scenic but jesus christ the dice are loud, go everywhere and just constantly wind up cocked
>>
File: terrain j 01.jpg (766KB, 820x1724px) Image search: [Google]
terrain j 01.jpg
766KB, 820x1724px
>>50309994
>>
Okay so have we finally realized that the new CEO is actually doing stuff to help the community?
>>
>>50309739
I really hope to see some iron warrior legion rules.
>>
>>50310024
>>50310029
s u c c me sideways senpai, where do i buy one?
>>
>>50306508
So you can add them without having to use their hqs as a prelude to 8th edition warscrolls
>>
>>50310038
>admech codexes
>deathwatch codex
>Traitor legions updates

Shit, if you'd told me about any of this 5 years ago I would of laughed at you
>>
>>50310038
Only if the Traitor Legions supplement and Wrath of Magnus are legit good. We might be able to chalk up Traitor's Hate to some fluke but they might've heard our pleas. We remain hopeful.

At the very least, rad new minis eh.
>>
>>50309373
Hive fleets run into each other all the time though.
>>
File: mantic terran.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mantic terran.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>50309994
>I need it to be modular in some way
the mantic dead zone shit fits your needs, the set up will take a while, the snap fits are annoying but you rarely find anything quite as modular this.
>>
>>50309831
they are both good deals. my next purchase for tau will be stormsurge, but first i'll finish painting my harlequins.

also, I haven't played tau with the new codex, I'm learning now that skyrays don't fit with in hunter cadre formation and you need 3 troops.

Maybe try something like this (sorry for german):

Sternenreich der Tau: Optimised Stealth Cadre - 400 Punkte
*************** 3 Elite ***************
XV25 Stealth Battlesuits
+ Stealth Shas'ui, Bündelkanone -> 30 Pkt.
- - - > 120 Punkte

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits
- - - > 150 Punkte

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuits
+ Ghostkeel Shas'vre, Cyclic ion raker, sync. Flammenwerfer -> 130 Pkt.
- - - > 130 Punkte

Sternenreich der Tau: Hunter Cadre - 599 Punkte
*************** 1 HQ ***************
Commander
+ 2 x Plasmagewehr, Drohnensteuerung, Multiple Zielerfassung, Kampfanzug XV08-02 Krisis 'Iridium', 2 x Markiererdrohne -> 92 Pkt.
- - - > 177 Punkte

*************** 1 Elite ***************
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits
+ Crisis Shas'ui, 2 x Plasmagewehr -> 52 Pkt.
+ Crisis Shas'ui, 2 x Plasmagewehr -> 52 Pkt.
+ Crisis Shas'ui, 2 x Plasmagewehr -> 52 Pkt., 6 x Angriffsdrohne, Klingenbund
- - - > 231 Punkte

*************** 3 Standard ***************
Strike Team
5 Feuerkrieger
- - - > 45 Punkte

Strike Team
5 Feuerkrieger
- - - > 45 Punkte

Strike Team
5 Feuerkrieger
- - - > 45 Punkte

*************** 1 Sturm ***************
4 Drohnen, 4 x Markiererdrohnen
- - - > 56 Punkte

Gesamtpunkte der Armee : 999
>>
>>50310084
Genestealer Cults are back and are very powerful.

That one's the really big one. That and Plastic Sisters.
>>
>>50309994
battle mat and lotsa gw ruins, woods and craters.
>>
>>50304784
>>50310194
>>50310194
>>50310194
>>
>>50310183
No limousine though

yeah sure the mining equipment makes more sense in terms of the GC lore, but fuck you I want my limos
>>
>>50310160
You might want to post these in Pastebin or screencap it and post it as a picture, it makes it easier for everyone to browse the thread.
It looks pretty good though. You might want some more Fire warriors against some opponents, though. 3 teams of 15 will get broken all the time and probably all get mowed down before turn 2 ends.
>>
>>50310115
they fight each other then and see who's the more successful evolution. biomatter of other hive fleet gets absorbed.
>>
>>50310084
No joke, I was just thinking the same thing. I would have argued until I was blue in the face it would never happen.
>>
>>50310160
I replied in the new thread.
>>
>>50310241
Now the only thing left is for them to maybe lower prices but thats a bit of a stretch to hope for.
>>
>>50310321
Well guess what's going to happen next year?
>>
>>50309215
>traitor legions
oh shit
better hold off on finishing my NL and IW until it comes out
>>
>>50309912
Neat as hell. I gotta say few things have made me lust for an army of guard tanks harder than historical reference inside jokes attached to a baneblade command tank ace.
>>
Gentlmen. after about a year and a half of not playing 40k I'm tempted to finish what I started and complete my sisters army (painting wise I mean, I currently have just about everything I could want to field with them.)

So my questions are as follows
1) I was going for a gold color scheme when i was working on them last but I have been working with an airbrush since then, besides white what do you guys would think was an interesting color scheme you don't see often?
2) I know sisters need some support, but I don't want to bring marines or IG, this just leaves knights and the different assassins, is it always worth it to bring a knight or can you get by without them now?
3)Fortifications, which ones are still worth bringing?
4) Have sisters gotten any updates such as fortifications since I played?
5) I know if I play in my local meta Tau are a problem right now (4 tau players) what do you recommend I bring for them (besides the obvious 3 exorcists)
>>
>>50310039
There will be, as all 9 Traitor Legions are covered in the book.

I imagine Havocs, Obliterators, and War(p)smiths will get buffed for them, and Daemon Engines as well.
>>
>>50308820
They're going to lose a lot of gun options to 'streamline' the army, and have their shooting nerfed because it's not the 'vision' they had for the army.

Melee will still suck and options will not be improved. Because you need to drown them in bodies that can't make it across the table, that's what the tyranids are about.

Somehow, lack of armour + synapse + no transports will be updated to hamstring the army futher.

There's going to be a big new t6 multi-kit that does a lackluster job of something removed from other units (or have similar abilities to those currently existing in other units).

Lictors will somehow be less attractive and hang out with the pyrovore.
>>
>>50309290
>Could I have a conversation with the Hive Mind? Or would I just be having a conversation with the highest-functioning bioform in the local area?
As I recall, the tyranid hive mind sounds like a million screaming animals all the time, so it's hard to really have a conversation. (In the fluff) being around these things bother psykers and create no-daemon deadzones.

Having said that, there are concepts that suggest you can kind of get the jist of what the hive mind is planning, although it's a one way 'conversation', more likely just feeling what the creatures are being told to do (move/shoot/stay/etc).
>>
I just got back into 40k, and Necrons are so much less fun than after their 5th edition update. Like sure the Necrons are probably stronger than they were before, now that they have the decurion deatachment, but they got rid of all the cool shit Necrons could do. Like special characters now seem especially bland. Anrakyr can only control random weapons, Orikan can't fuck with terrain, not to mention the hilarity of scarabs and reducing armor. But possibly the most disappointing thing to return is the changed mindshackle scarabs.
Choose File[Spoiler?]
>>
>>50306482
>>50306529
Arbiters
Thread posts: 401
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.