[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/ >THIS IS IMPORTANT! If you want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 390
Thread images: 67

File: 1470483422177.jpg (253KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1470483422177.jpg
253KB, 2048x1350px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Worldbuilding Edition
Tell me about your setting, /pfg/

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old thread >>50294743
>>
File: kO3iGwv.jpg (61KB, 580x911px) Image search: [Google]
kO3iGwv.jpg
61KB, 580x911px
>>50300090

I need help making the most Sadistic Rouge possible.
>>
>>50300081

No, it's what BULLY POTENTIAL feels like.

+17 Intimidate makes her a very scary girl!
>>
>>50300113
ITS NOT BULLYING ITS TO KEEP PEOPLE DISCIPLINED

DIS-CI-PLINE
>>
>>50300111
first, learn how to spell properly.
>>
>>50299193
Any help? DSP is allowed, but I don't know anything about it.
>>
>>50300090
You know how they tell you to build your setting from the ground up?

I can't do it. I just can't do it. No matter what I try, everything turns out stupid. Swear I'd need ten different degrees just to get this right.
>>
File: 1456935701302.jpg (39KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1456935701302.jpg
39KB, 472x472px
>>50300120

GOSH DARN IT ANON YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER THAT SHOULD BE LEFT WELL ALONE.

I'M GONNA BE ON YOUR SHAPELY REAR THE MOMENT YOU BULLY SOMEONE INTO PAYING THE BILL AT THE RUSTY DRAGON.
>>
>>50300132

Blame mobile posting.
>>
>>50300090
>Tell me about your setting, /pfg/

It's 16th century Europe with a bureaucratic mess of an empire led by dragons trying to reconquer a breakaway duchy led by Not!Dutch half-giants with precision firearms.

The Elves are basically every Jew conspiracy made true.
>>
File: 1477061718037.jpg (152KB, 750x1061px) Image search: [Google]
1477061718037.jpg
152KB, 750x1061px
posting from last thread.
Please rate my homebrew.
Its called the Avatar.
A Divine Elemental Barbarian/Druid sort of hybrid class.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10dEgLazR1i9O9Cs0z-6Znw96ocJPu3CVGuEOkCEfqLw/edit?usp=sharing

His main draw is his Avatar Form, which turns him into an elemental being, and his Wraths, which grants him abilities similar to rage powers while in his Avatar Form.

He's got a bit of an at-will blast power and a gimmick for having very few, very powerful evocation spells in his repertoire.

Please tell me what you think. I need feedback and suggestions.
>>
>>50300135

I build cityfus then just add them together to make a nation.

Sometimes I go top down, think of a really cool empire, then how I want its policies or economics to work then build an upper, middle and lower class for it.
>>
>>50300135
Frankly, the best setting I've written I wrote from the opposite direction, starting with a really dumb high concept and building downwards, filling in things as needed or as the players reached them.
>>
Why are people making characters already for WotJR? Isn't supposed to recruit in January?
>>
>>50300307
They wish to be ready. A noble goal.
>>
>>50300307
boredom and lack of other games?
>>
>>50300307

Oh hush, some of the characters sound pretty fun.
>>
>>50299929
>A guy doesn't get levels in something else just because he picked up a fucking sword.
Anon... that is literally how things *can* work. You can gain mythic ranks by touching an artifact, you can absolutely level up (even if it's only temporary) by 'picking up a sword' (or in this case 'stealing' the armor of ironman and choosing to use it yourself).
>>
>>50300376

Funny you should mention that, but wasn't it a thing in Eberron where the Loli Pope was a level 18 Cleric (in a setting where level *10* was a BIG DEAL) as long as she was in the Not!Vatican?
>>
>>50300376
> You can gain mythic ranks by touching an artifact, you can absolutely level up (even if it's only temporary) by 'picking up a sword
Mythic Ranks aren't levels.

Then why doesn't everyone gain levels in Fighter by picking up a sword.

Just fucking admit, Aegis is bad at being Iron Man.
>>
>>50300320
Like fucking what?
>>
>>50300398
>Just fucking admit, Aegis is bad at being Iron Man.
I am not the person you were arguing this with.

>why doesn't everyone gain levels in Fighter by picking up a sword.

Actually, that can be exactly how someone becomes a level 1 fighter. They picked up a sword and started fighting.

But even so, the situation you are talking about is very different from stealing a 'magical suit of armor' and choosing to start using it.

It is entirely within reason that you could say, pick up an artifact sword and not only would you get a mythic rank from it, you could "claim" it and gain a couple of levels as a fighter. You don't get experience just from the fucking "end of battle screen" you get XP from *doing* things. RP'd well? get experience. Made your first 1000 gold by selling shit from craft? get experience. Found and claimed an artifact sword and got some divine inspiration on how to fight better? get experience.

>>50300396
I'm not that familiar with eberron.
>>
So to utilize my insane intimidate dc

I think i need Cornugon smash, furious focus, hurtful, and then Dreadful Carnage? Because Dazzling Display builds are pretty bad and i only have so many feats.
>>
>>50300307
To be fair, i made this character Long before i even heard of RotJR. It only took a few tweaks to fit it to the setting.
>>
>>50300461
No, picking up a sword and using it gets you to 'guy who is holding a sword and using it'
>>
>>50300396
It was indeed, she was a 17th-level Cleric while in the capital building (since the creator had to cave-in and agree that there was at least 1 NPC in the world able to cast True Resurrection) and a level 3 cleric outside of it.
>>
>>50300483
>I think i need Cornugon smash, furious focus, hurtful, and then Dreadful Carnage?

You also need this: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/stunning-irruption-combat

Dynamic entry to administer the law!
>>
>>50300494
It depends on the scale and place anon. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean its wrong.
>>
>>50300511
sadly i think that feat is hard to utilize, as much fun as it is
>>
>>50300520
There is no precedent in Pathfinder for "guy picking up a regular ass sword" equaling "gaining several levels in Fighter".
>>
>>50300411

I'm really digging the samurai-girl that just got posted in the character thread, the one with a lovely singing voice!
>>
>>50300562
What thread?
>>
File: 1379801729360.jpg (202KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1379801729360.jpg
202KB, 800x800px
>>50300548

>mfw that's exactly what happens in my Original the Setting
>mfw it's a magic "Sword in the Stone" that grants the wielder 15 levels in Paladin as long as they remain within the borders of the Empire
>>
>>50300494
I love how people try to argue their retarded personal perspective on things as though it were the only thing that is true.

You can gain XP in any which way your GM says you can gain XP - not just from killing shit. You can gain levels in any new class you choose (unless your DM says you cant). You could literally be 1 level in every class, and sure it would be shit, but you can do it. Picking up a sword or a wand or riding a horse can be an excellent way to represent dabbling, at the same time it also doesn't necessarily mean you are dabbling either.

>>50300548
There's no precedent of it not being true either. you seem to be rather fond of reductio ad absurdum.
>>
>>50300566

The Character Discussion thread in the RotJR Roll20 page.

I'm getting some Azura vibes with her, if she took Elemental Flux she could really use the elements in cool ways during her performances!
>>
>>50300562
Because it makes your dick twitch?
>>
>>50300578
Well yeah but that's an artifact. That's aight.

>>50300580
Yes but there's a difference between how you fluff your exp and 'picks up sword = gets fighter level'

There's a difference between fluffing things and the mechanical effect of picking something up and gaining levels immediately.
>>
>>50300548
>farm kid picks up a sword uses it to defend himself
>becomes first level fighter

hurr durr, now lets scale that

>10th level thief successfully steals artifact sword despite all expectations of failure
>gets awarded XP, chooses to take levels in fighter

Or there could even be a special fucking clause on the artifact weapon that say "you gain 3 levels in fighter while you're wielding this weapon". I mean shit there's magic items that make you count as 4 levels higher for getting bloodline abilities as a sorcerer, there's magic items that let you punch as though you're a much higher level monk.
>>
File: avatar_d33b8bcb7a3a_512.png (74KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
74KB, 512x512px
>>50300562
>>50300605
Thanks anon!

I'd picked Silver Crane over E Flux, but it's not finalized yet. I could still swap back!
>>
>>50300624
>Yes but there's a difference between how you fluff your exp and 'picks up sword = gets fighter level'
>There's a difference between fluffing things and the mechanical effect of picking something up and gaining levels immediately.
No, there really isn't, you're just screaming about it because you don't like it and it disagrees with you.

Why do people in these threads have to be so fucking contrarian. It is a game, you can be wrong and it doesn't fucking matter. People can play how you don't like and it doesn't change a fucking thing.
>>
>>50300580
>You can gain XP in any which way your GM says you can gain XP - not just from killing shit
Yes, and the GM can literally do anything. The general assumption is your getting XP for killing shit or meeting milestones.

The mere act of putting something on has no bearing on level. It has never been implied to have a bearing on level. The only reason you're even defending this shit is to be contrarian.
>>50300632
>farm kid picks up a sword uses it to defend himself
>becomes first level fighter
Yeah this is fucking stupid.
>Complete quest
>you get EXP
>IT"S TOTALLY BECAUSE OF THE ITEM
You know what. I'm fucking done. Fuck all of you fucking obutse weeaboo assholes.
>>
>>50300578
I've always loved the concept of the holy capital of a theocracy granting bonus abilities to the priesthood. for instance, in eberron, the Lolipope of the silver Flame is normally a level 3 cleric outside of flamekeep, but counts as level fucking 18 inside the walls.

In a setting where level 11 is immensely powerful.
>>
>>50300652
Are you the same guy from before, because you have the same kind of ass-backwards reasoning.

Yes, picking up a sword could be enough to get a 1st level PC his level in Fighter (Although the assumption would actually be that he was previously a Fighter and just hadn't fought yet.)

And yes, stealing a sword could get someone exp to level and take levels of Fighter.

But the act of 'picking up sword' does not give you fucking levels of Fighter. This ain't fucking 1st edition where your wealth is literally your exp track instead of effectively one.
>>
>>50300661
>>farm kid picks up a sword uses it to defend himself
>>becomes first level fighter
>Yeah this is fucking stupid.

What did king arthur ever do to piss you off.

>The general assumption is your getting XP for killing shit or meeting milestones.

I dunno, touching an artifact certainly seems like a milestone met.

>You know what. I'm fucking done. Fuck all of you fucking obutse weeaboo assholes.

If you quit insisting that you were right about everything and stopped fucking arguing about things just cause you're being disagreed with, you might not be so angry. As it is, good fucking riddance.

>the act of 'picking up sword' does not give you fucking levels of Fighter.
There is literally nothing that says it cannot. But lets stop with the reductio ad absurdum - the initial argument was that "stealing ironmans armor can easily be represented by (temporarily) gaining class levels in [ironman]".
>>
/pfg/ how does one know if something is perhaps too cliche, or something that been explored too much in media already? I'm torn on some background details because I realllllly like the way they contrast the immediate personality of my character but I'm also worried about how it could cast the character as "edgy"
>>
>>50300707
Hey man, y'know how I gained my last level of fighter? I picked up a sword. It was totes coolio. I gained the XP because I rolled a 20 on my attempt to look cool while picking it up.
>>
>>50300742
Regular ass sword isn't a fucking artifact, fuck face.
>I dunno, touching an artifact certainly seems like a milestone met.
'A regular goddamn sword isn't an artifact.
>If you quit insisting that you were right about everything and stopped fucking arguing about things just cause you're being disagreed with
So I should just agree with dumb bullshit that's wrong.
>the initial argument was that "stealing ironmans armor can easily be represented by (temporarily) gaining class levels in [ironman]".
So anyone who touches his suit automatically knows how to use it exactly like he did?
>>
>>50300742
I disagree that 'ironman' is a class.

Tony Stark's strength is in his resources and his fuckblistering intelligence. He leveraged those to build equipment for himself.

A class should say something about YOU, not what equipment you have. Your class may imply you have certain equipment, like a Fighter having weapons, but your class is not 'I have a thing', because that says nothing special about you, just the thing you happen to have.

Tony Stark's class is 'rich and genius' not 'powersuit'
>>
>>50300745
Don't worry about.

/pfg/ has shit taste. Make what you want.
>>
>>50300745

The easy response would be, "if you think it's cliche, it probably is."

My advice? Fuck that, roll with the cliche or tired trope and milk that sucker for all it's worth, people eat that shit up for a reason.

I have one cardinal piece of advice though. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT, half-ass the cliche. Play it straight or don't play it at all.
>>
>>50300745
Dude, fuck the idea of cliche. Yes there are things that have been done to death, but you can't let that stop you from doing your own thing with it. Your character is your own and if you enjoy playing him it doesn't matter if he's a katana using, trench coat wearing, emo fuck, because he's YOUR katana using, trench coat wearing, emo fuck.
>>
>>50300772
You've got this argument so confused and muddied you're literally just making yourself angry now. Good job.

People will continue to have fun in ways you don't like, you have done less than a mouse fart.

>>50300779
>your class is not 'I have a thing',
If [thing] is adequately represented by a class feature, yes your class can absolutely be [i have a thing]. See soulknife / aegis.
>>
>>50300821
>If [thing] is adequately represented by a class feature, yes your class can absolutely be [i have a thing]. See sou
And aegis does not properly represent ironman, you dumb nigger.
>>
File: Catfolk cape.jpg (485KB, 850x664px) Image search: [Google]
Catfolk cape.jpg
485KB, 850x664px
>>50300808
>>50300787
>>50300786
Thanks /pfg/ I'll do my best to make you proud.
>>
>>50300840
Given the fact your using catfolk images, I take it back. Don't do shit.
>>
>people are still arguing with the autist

Autism can't be fixed guys.
>>
>>50300821
No no, Soulknife and Aegis are 'I can create [thing] with my mind'

There's a difference. It says something about their personal abilities rather than things they own.

There are other RPGs where the dividing line is less solid, where you buy things like weapons with exp, but Pathfinder ain't one of them. Your stuff and your abilities are separate.
>>
>>50300834
That is something still being disputed, and it is not in fact a universal truth. So please stop trying to act like you are the sole arbiter of what is correct or not.
>>
File: 1445657117427.jpg (115KB, 896x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445657117427.jpg
115KB, 896x720px
>>50300857

>tfw only autists get into arguments with autists
>>
>>50300861
>So please stop trying to act like you are the sole arbiter of what is correct or not.
But I am.
>>
File: 1445355333236.gif (1008KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
1445355333236.gif
1008KB, 420x236px
>>50300840
>>
>>50300872
WHAT THE HECK IS A KAMI?

It's like a god.

BUT I'M STILL HERE.
>>
>>50300860
>No no, Soulknife and Aegis are 'I can create [thing] with my mind'

What is refluffing.
>>
File: Catfolk comfy.jpg (62KB, 537x600px) Image search: [Google]
Catfolk comfy.jpg
62KB, 537x600px
>>50300855
You too anon.

The cliches have nothing to do with the catfolk thing, but I also doubt that was the reason why you were mad.
>>
>>50300857
Thus far, autist-anon hates soulknife jedi's, ironman aegis's, gaining levels from items/artifacts and uh... more.
>>
>>50300857
I wouldn't need to act "autistic" if /pfg/ finally to accepted my taste as superior.

You're feeble minds obviously can't comprehend why I'm right.
>>
>>50300920
I wish your mother hadn't vaccinated you, so instead of autism you'd be dead from polio.
>>
File: cool needle i think.jpg (11KB, 226x250px) Image search: [Google]
cool needle i think.jpg
11KB, 226x250px
Hey dudes
I'm working on a magic item for someone in my group, and I can't quite get the feel right. Can you guys give me a few suggestions?
>Ranger, uses bow
>former Field medic in a war
what i have so far is It's a Magic Indestructible Needle that requires blood to activate. When pushed into someone, willing or otherwise, and use the heal skill, or something, you get like..your Con bonus back in HP?
>someone dying
>use heal on them
>both of you get healed for a little bit
it could also double as an arrowhead I guess

It needs to be minor, but with room for improvement as the game progresses, but with drawbacks or sacrifices

thoughts?
>>
>>50300891
>What is refluffing.
Something that only goes so far, and Aegis Soulknife requires too much re-fluffing to be something that is a physical object independent of your mind. Which leads to dumb weird bullshit like you still being able to use a weapon after it's been stolen.
>>
>>50300646

Follow your heart, anon! Elemental Flux is beautiful, Silver Crane's beautiful, either way you're gonna be gorgeous!

I wasn't aware Martial Traditions were allowed though.
>>
So i'm trying to decide what to use for my Master of many styles, I want at least one Elemental style, regardless of effectiveness. This is what i was thinking. Any comments?

Pummeling Style
Dragon style
Snapping Turtle Style
Djinni Style
>>
>>50300937
I'm pretty sure there's a super special medic bag in Scaling Magic Items. Could look at that for ideas.
>>
>>50300891
That doesn't cut it when your special ancestral sword your dad gave you is fucking obliterated and then you just have another one immediately.

Or why that sword can just vanish in antimagic.
>>
>>50300937
That picture looks like a crochet implement of some sort to me, but I could be wrong. I'm not entirely au fait with crochet.
>>
>>50300956
What do you want to *do*?
>>
>>50300320
I wasn't saying it is a bad thing. I just keep getting nervous I'm going to miss the start date. I have my character's background now planned out, and the conceptual mechanics, but haven't finished it off.

I haven't gotten to play a dwarf in a long time I'm really looking forward to applying.
>>
>>50300994
Also how much of a terrible person would I be for asking if I could use my own homebrew? Because while Fiendbound Marauder I am dead set on the other half is still sort of up for grabs. At the moment I am leaning investigator of some kind, but am not super set on alchemy. Part of me wants oracle, but don't have the Cha to spare. Part of me wants to play my own Unchained Cavalier.
>>
>>50301015

Ask and you will receive an answer, as long as you don't sound like a dick about it he'll either say yes or no. Go from there.
>>
>>50300984
Fuck bitches get money?

Hit things really hard, and then block retaliation if they survive.

Plus Electricity fists for good measure.
>>
>>50300975
The ancestral sword had a spirit from how old and badass it was, so it comes back to you as a ghost-sword (complete with ghost-touch).

Boom, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>50301040
I think I'll wait. I've been staying away from it because I heard there has been a lot of circle jerking.
>>
>>50301059
>I've been staying away from it because I heard there has been a lot of circle jerking

What, from the Q&A thread? Anon please, I've seen plenty of circle-jerking in my day (participated in a few myself) and what's going on over there could hardly be considered even a reach under the table.
>>
>>50301059
Most of the circle jerking is in this very thread.

Seriously, dude makes a thread for people to post ideas. All that goes on is some guys help make suggestions for a mounted archer.

People probably aren't going to act so fucking cringy now that we can start putting "names to faces" so to speak.
>>
>>50301085
>People probably aren't going to act so fucking cringy now that we can start putting "names to faces" so to speak.

Is it sad that I'm actually more cringey when I've got a username, and I'm actually quite civil or friendly as anon?
>>
>>50301052
Yeah, now THAT says something about your character, go fuck YOURself.
>>
>>50301052
Yeah, now justify the soulknifes mindblade as being an actual material object. Since that's what was being argued.
>>
>>50301109
>Is it sad that I'm actually more cringey when I've got a username, and I'm actually quite civil or friendly as anon?
No one is, anon. No one is.
>>
>>50300941
They're DPS, so I don't see why they wouldn't be. If they are I'll end up with Golden Lion, Silver Crane via traits, and Scarlet Throne via traditions. If they aren't I'll go with Golden Lion, Elemental Flux, and Silver Crane.
>>
>>50301124
It's like Soul Edge or Soul Calibur, it reforges itself through its own willpower when broken and returns to its true master at a thought after being stolen.
>>
>>50300183
The important thing when doing that is to be ready to alter the top as the bottom gets fleshed out. Sometimes shit just doesn't make sense or would/should result in entirely different paths, etc.

Much like with scientific hypotheses, you HAVE to be ready to discard bad ideas, no matter how much you wish you could put it in, otherwise you get very strange disconnected fuckups like that amazon matriarchy on golarion.
>>
>>50301124
Actually they ARE.
The ancestral stuff is a tough one to refluff without sounding like you're pulling a whole lot of retcon out your ass, but "it's physical" is actually how they are.

The easiest refluff is to be materializing the blade from anything around you (including dust or air), because it's not energy damage; when you emulate a mace, it crushes things completely normally, and can be sundered and whatnot.
>>
>>50301182
>DPS
DSP*
>>
>>50301264
No it's not.

It can be sundered. But it's not a singular object. It's made of mind stuff and can just be regenerated out of your asshole free of charge ass opposed to an expensive peace of equipment.
>>
>>50301289
It IS however a material object. Yes it's free, but it's not some ghost blade. It's not immaterial, it's not pure energy, as long as it's functioning it's a physical THING.
>>
File: sherlock-holmes-game-of-shadows.jpg (113KB, 900x420px) Image search: [Google]
sherlock-holmes-game-of-shadows.jpg
113KB, 900x420px
>>50300090
Forgotten Realms campaign setting, 1367 DR, but with more psionics and smokepowder than in 3.0.

>>50300133
What about the Investigator do you want most? If you can afford to give up a few extracts, take the Polymath class template and take the Solar Wind maneuvers.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/martial-class-templates/polymath-template
>>
>>50301320
>As a move action, a soulknife can form a semi-solid weapon composed of psychic energy distilled from her own mind.
>>
File: 1471123239038.png (114KB, 1136x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1471123239038.png
114KB, 1136x1136px
I'm really bad about filtering through games at roll20. I'm generally just poor at judging the quality of a game and overly pessimistic. Does anyone know of any games currently recruiting on roll20 that I could look into?

I'll admit I'm looking to either play a skill monkey or a wizard. 3pp isn't necessary. Just asking for some help.
>>
>>50301378
Also I plan on making use of Horizon Walker, but do not know the most common terrains in Jade Regent. I don't want to spoil myself by looking it up, can people help me out by giving me a short list of the most common?
>>
>>50301378
>>50301474

Looks to be Mountains, tundra, forests then plains.
>>
Anyone got scans of the Villain Codex yet?
>>
>>50301564
Should be scattered through the last couple threads.
>>
>>50300113
The dwarf I have planned has a +18 to diplomacy. So at the very least he is likable.
>>
If I wanted to make a wizard character that is fully about knowledge skills but he's not actually very "smart" he just knows a lot, how would I go about doing that? High int, low wisdom? Would low wisdom actually entail me being "dumb" as in no common sense?

Also how would a knowledge focused character even be able to function well anyway? I'd basically just be hinging on how well the GM is able to make up random information that I can get. Most of the time in my games we get all the info we need from someone who just has a few points in a knowledge since it's a class skill.
>>
File: 1476492007698.jpg (128KB, 612x617px) Image search: [Google]
1476492007698.jpg
128KB, 612x617px
>>50301720
Play up the "no sense of right and wrong" meme.

> Would low wisdom actually entail me being "dumb" as in no common sense?

Yes, since Wisdom is a measurement of your awareness.

>I'd basically just be hinging on how well the GM is able to make up random information that I can get.

Talk to your DM about this. Have you ever played with a Bard who used his Bardic Knowledge ability? It would be like that.
>>
>>50300135
Here's an advice an actual fantasy novelist told me.

"Everything begins with a story"

You make a PF character, flesh out his race, his class and his backstory. Then you focus on each aspect and expand it until you built a world,

Say, you make a Lizardfolk Samurai. What're lizardfolks like? What's their culture like? When did they start incorporating asian traditions into their culture? Where do they practice their traditions? Do they live in cities? Whats the major population of that city? etc. etc.

Basically, if you have something concrete, let that serve as your anchor while you build your world around it.
>>
>>50301809
>Play up the "no sense of right and wrong" meme.
Nah, I actually was thinking about that. I don't wanna be doing that mad scientist kind of meme. I just want to play a guy who read a lot of books and passed all his classes but people still say to him "nigga you stupid" because he acts like a retard or asks someone "wait, what's 1+1 again?"
That kind of idea probably sounds dumb/illogical but it makes sense in my head.

>Have you ever played with a Bard who used his Bardic Knowledge ability? It would be like that
Yeah, I really phrased that wrong. I meant more that I want to make it seem special that my character spent his life reading history books and I don't want to be comparable to a bard who happens to have knowledge simply because bard reasons even if they have no int.
>>
>>50301346
And nothing dictates what this looks like. It could look like energy, it could be emiya shirou sword-magic bullshit. It's fluff.
>>
File: 173648.jpg (309KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
173648.jpg
309KB, 612x792px
>>50301882
>As a move action, a soulknife can form a semi-solid weapon composed of psychic energy distilled from her own mind.
>it's fluff
Literally every depiction of the soulknife shows the mindblade as being a vaguely blade shaped mass of energy.

And just because it looks like something doesn't make it so.
>>
"Proud Progenitor (Moroi) Your loneliness drove you to build your coven, and you zealously attack any who would harm it. You gain a +1 trait bonus on damage rolls against creatures you have seen attack or harm any of your vampire spawn. "

What's the point of this ability when it applies to dhampir and not true vampires that can father spawn?
>>
>making backstory
>already at the 500 word mark and probably not halfway done
>not even counting physical descriptions.
Fuck
>>
File: Ifrit.png (188KB, 284x540px) Image search: [Google]
Ifrit.png
188KB, 284x540px
How do I make a STR//CHA build not a waste of space outside of combat? I'm already leaning lore oracle so I can get some CHA->Knowledge skills but I'd still be down about a trillion skill points. Is initiative as important as people make it out to be?
>>
>>50301856

Ive done something like this before. Call people by the wrong names, misgender them (not in a SJW way), call all monsterous races orc/gobbos in a you all look the same to me kind of way, you can do it with animals too, misplace things constantly, get lost in thought/daydreams, get actually lost, be quiet but spout applicable knowledge at appropriate times as if it were an epiphany from god
>>
>>50301963
Take the feat Noble Scion - choose War.

You use your Charisma modifier to adjust Initiative checks instead of your Dexterity modifier.
>>
File: OPM - 001-007.jpg (214KB, 728x1046px) Image search: [Google]
OPM - 001-007.jpg
214KB, 728x1046px
>>50301949
>>
>>50301963
Also 2h paladins are not bad. CHA to attack, all your saves (twice with Bestow Grace) and your initiative is pretty good.
>>
>>50301949
Cut out what isn't needed. Distill what you have written into 3-4 sentences. Post what you have so far. I'll look through it and help trim what isn't needed.
>>
File: Archer4.jpg (867KB, 676x975px) Image search: [Google]
Archer4.jpg
867KB, 676x975px
>>50301911
autist-anon is blasting off again!

>shows the mindblade as being a vaguely blade shaped mass of energy.

ALSO KNOWN AS LITERALLY. FLUFF.
>>
>>50301974
I like the feat but I'm pretty sure that it's soooooo linked to fluff it could make the backstory things a little awkward as it's kinda "you're a noble"

>>50301987
I'm gestalting a couple things together so I have CHA to my reflex and will already. I'm kinda attached to my classes.
>>
>>50301998
Yes fluff that works.

And mechanics that fall apart the moment you change that fluff to imply something that is permanent.
>>
>>50302013
Heroic Spirit Emiya's swords do not last permanently either. They dissolve when not being supplied power as they are merely hollow mana constructs without substance.
>>
>>50302017
I will append to this that this is a bit inconsistent in F/S N and it is a bit unclear at times whether certain things decay or not.
>>
File: question frog.jpg (58KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
question frog.jpg
58KB, 640x560px
>Spear
>Martial weapon (A weapon that requires martial training)
>Longspear
>Simple weapon (A weapon that any sap can pick up and wield with no training whatsoever)
>>
>>50302017
Yes however, this entire fucking argument is about whether Soulknife/Aegis shit can represent physical objects. Like lightsabers and armor.

Not look like, but actual represent and be refluffed as.
>>
File: tumblr_nsinomIwOB1rmk3cyo1_500.gif (1MB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsinomIwOB1rmk3cyo1_500.gif
1MB, 500x483px
>>50302030
It's easier to poke people safely from a distance!
>>
>>50302017
>>50302026
But are those things that can simply be passed from person to person and work fine? Or are 'they' more tied to a specific person?

Yes? Soulknife.
>>
PFG why did paizo take away assassin spell casting?
>>
>>50302032
Sorry I saw the picture of Archer and made assumptions.

Mind/Soulblades can look and feel like real things, but they disappear and do not last unless supplied power. So I agree.
>>
>>50302040
Because red mantis assassassin or some such.
>>
>>50302030
I meant lance on the first one. Spear isn't a martial weapon.
Same thing though, a lance is just a heavier spear.
>>
>>50301991
The nature of how my guy even came into being would require a paragraph at the very least. That's not even getting into how he got his skills and what he's been doing in recent times.
>>
>>50302013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGz42vpeGKk

This is soulknifing.

>>50302039
Crystalline focus hilt in a high psionics game. Can be used to manifest a blade without a level in soulknife (though many choose to take levels in soulknife anyways).
>>
>>50302039
>But are those things that can simply be passed from person to person and work fine? Or are 'they' more tied to a specific person?
This is also a bit unclear and inconsistent. If I were to actually get into the discussion I would have to talk about how magic works in the Nasuverse, because it is a lot more involved than I think is necessary for this discussion. I do not want to begin ranting about the spiral of origin.
>>
>>50302011
I'm both those people, so basically if you can get a wand of Bestow Grace it'll be really useful, since you'll be able to double up on your saves in a pinch.

And fluff can be more or less repurposed for your character. It can be any link, study, or family history of soldiers. It can be your training and tutelage as well. Don't let pre-written fluff hold back your choices.
>>
>>50302032
Which they completely can. It'll still vanish/reappear, but they can emulate weapons right down to "need to winch the fucking thing after loading ammo into it" heavy crossbows.
>>
>>50302057
I think you can likely distill it quite a bit. Post it and we'll help you out. Your background should be like to resume, one page, no more and no less.
>>
>>50302032
>>50302074
Careful, you'll trigger autist-anon and we'll have another 50 posts of screaming, because apparently no compacts between dm and player can exist.
>>
>>50302047
An assassin without death attack or an assassin without spells...
Why did Paizo fuck it up so bad?
>>
File: Blondie with BFS.jpg (78KB, 736x662px) Image search: [Google]
Blondie with BFS.jpg
78KB, 736x662px
Need help with samurai girl build.
Dwarf, stalker (Bushi/Vigilante) 7
Feats: Daisho Expertise, two Mithral Current Style feats, two Bushido (Honor and Righteousness), Deadly Agility.
Traits: Agile Dancer, Reactionary.
Gear: Oversized +1 Keen Katana, Sailorfuku of Performing +5, Glamered Mithral Breastplate.
Any advice about maneuvers and other stuff?
>>
>>50302088
Doesn't death attack take three rounds of study for a shoddy DC? I'd take no death attack any day of the week.
>>
>>50302059
>Crystalline focus hilt in a high psionics game. Can be used to manifest a blade without a level in soulknife
So an optional house rule.
>>50302074
I think half of this fucking shit show is that we're arguing different things.

I'm not saying a soulknife can't emulate a weapon. I'm saying that implying that a soulknifes mindbade is a physical object independent of his own being is screwy.
>>
>>50302090
Why would you take dwarf with Vigilante?
Pick up elf, Aasimar, or Tiefling for the bonus to your initiation modifier.
>>
>>50302090
>Samurai
>Dwarf
Stopped reading right there 2bh. Go back to mining shit, Stonebeard
>>
>>50302085
I'm the guy you replied to and most likely "autist" anon.

Asshole.
>because apparently no compacts between dm and player can exist.
And I never fucking said that. You just implied it, and I just ignored it.
>>
>>50302061
>I do not want to begin ranting about the spiral of origin.

Thank you. You are a good person.

>>50302059
The point is that a normal sword and a mindblade can't be refluffed into being the same thing.

Refluffing only works when the two things work the same. This is like when people want to refluff their bird familiar as a robot bird. Yes you could do it, but when it doesn't respond like a robot, act like a robot, or have any traits whatsoever relating to being a robot, then it falls down somewhat.

>>50302085
Yes, DMs and Players can come to agreements about things, but you can't assume that every DM will play along with what you want. Say a DM makes a sunderer enemy for you to fight. He sunders your mindblade/lightsaber.

What do you do?

Also, stop calling other people autists. While I wouldn't call what you are autistic, you're just as bad as everyone else here, me included. So stop trying to take the high ground.
>>
>>50302101
DC can get pretty high, assassin level + int mod+ 10, the three round study does suck though.
But a dc 25ish save or die is not a bad option to have.
>>
File: halfelfwizard.png (589KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
halfelfwizard.png
589KB, 850x1133px
There is any Pathfinder text-only campaign in Roll20 that would accept a tiddy monstah half-elf time oracle?
>>
I'm trying to make a guy a good antimage.

We're using tristalt, all DSP allowed.

Obviously mage hunter, but what else? What's the best way to get there?
>>
>>50302148
>We're using tristalt, all DSP allowed.
Just throw darts at a board at that power level.
>>
>>50302108
>Why would you take dwarf with Vigilante?
Dwarf Fortress-esque campaign. No Country for Elf Men.
>>50302109
But she wanna be samurai!
>>
>>50302151
Yeah pretty much, all this talk about soulknives made me want to see if I could make a Soulknife/Aegis/Stalker that transitions into
Mage Hunter/Telekinetic Weaponmancer/Metaforge
>>
>>50302148
Harbinger prevents casters from escaping with spells via Claim.

Warsoul lets you play with 10 different swords that can each target specific vulnerabilities like DR, Summons, etc.
>>
>>50302148
Elemental Flux. Some of the Water strikes and one of the Fire strikes can cause the Nauseated condition, which prevents mages from casting or concentrating on spells.
>>
>>50302124
Yeah right here https://www.fenoxo.com/play/playcoc.html
>>
>>50302106
Definitely houserule, as normally they only boost the existing ability.

>I'm saying that implying that a soulknifes mindbade is a physical object independent of his own being is screwy.
Except they are.
1)They're not touch attacks; they actually have to get through defenses to deal damage, can parry and be parried.
2)They're not incorporeal, it takes an enchant or bladeskill to let them do ghost-touch.
3)You can target, attack and break them
4)It has Hardness and HP, and can be broken
5)It's fully compatible with power attack and other physical boosts
6)Combat maneuvers such as tripping,etc all work
7)Drawbacks like needing both hands or having to be mounted to use it still plague you; in fact if you used Emulate Ranged Weapon(a trap) to make a +7str composite longbow, and suffered strength drain, you would find yourself physically hampered from using the thing.
7)They even last long enough to hit when thrown if you learn how

The only thing going against them is that if you let go, it falls apart; but it's otherwise no different than if you were holding sand or water or a vial of nanomachines together in the shape of a blade. It's there, it's physical, and once it breaks or is let go it just kinda melts or poofs into nothingness. It's just that the 'material' is solidified psionic energy, but then, Riverine is an object/material, and that's literally a fucking forcefield filled with water!
>>
>>50302206
I think we have different definitions of physical and are literally arguing semantics at this point.
>except they're not
>disappears the moment you let go
Then it's not an independent object.
>It's there, it's physical, and once it breaks or is let go it just kinda melts or poofs into nothingness
Again, that's not what I call independent. At least sand and nanomachines are still there when they fall apart.
>>
>>50302206
>INDEPENDENT OF HIS OWN BEING
>>
>>50302205
Man, must you be so sexually frustrated if this amount of paraphilliac bullshit arouses you.
Go to /fit/, get in shape and catch some pussy you McLardoMountain Neckbeardo before your blood type changes to Mountain Dew.
>>
>>50302261
>Being so new that you think that was a legitimate response
>Being so new that you don't know what corrpution of champions is just by the name
Did you find about 4chan from 9gag?
>>
File: (you).png (523KB, 722x525px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
523KB, 722x525px
>>50302261
>Go to /fit/
>>
>>50302284
I bet you are the typical doublechiner that picks corebooks with their fingers caked in orange cheeto shit.
>>
>>50302306
I literally just got to this thread and I can see this is bait. Don't bother with this one boys, there's nothing to be done.
>>
>>50302306
>doublechinner
>buying books
>>
What should one do in the case of DSP material having a mismatch of wording?
Like maneuvers like Argent Knights Banner - short version says Charge+8d6 and heal for 5d6, but long version says normal attack+8d6 and heal for 4d6. What should be picked?
>>
>>50302394
Text trumps table. You'd use this.
>>
File: 886f0bd6c0806374ab2edeb304569fe4.png (309KB, 550x1099px) Image search: [Google]
886f0bd6c0806374ab2edeb304569fe4.png
309KB, 550x1099px
What is there to do in Cheliax?
>>
File: 250px-Kintargan_dottari.jpg (23KB, 250x369px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Kintargan_dottari.jpg
23KB, 250x369px
>>50302544

Get a waifu
>>
File: Chelaxian_ethnicity.jpg (94KB, 1269x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Chelaxian_ethnicity.jpg
94KB, 1269x1500px
>>50302564
>>50302544

Oops wrong one
>>
>>50302569
Wasn't that the queen?
>>
File: tieflinginquisitor.jpg (442KB, 884x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tieflinginquisitor.jpg
442KB, 884x1500px
>>50302544
Bring Damerrich's will to those who deserve it.
>>
File: Chelaxian Devil Binder.jpg (104KB, 884x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Chelaxian Devil Binder.jpg
104KB, 884x1000px
>>50302544
Worship devils.

Bind devils.

Obey devils.
>>
>>50302544
Free halfling slaves!
>>
File: 250px-Abrogail_Thrune_II.jpg (18KB, 250x383px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Abrogail_Thrune_II.jpg
18KB, 250x383px
>>50302577

Nope
>>
>>50302544
Rap battles
>>
File: 1478875685035.gif (605KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1478875685035.gif
605KB, 400x400px
Do you use the Aspis Consortium in your game?
If so, what do they do?
>>
So I was looking at the pole arm master archetype for fighter. The first ability is that you can take an immediate action to be able to attack adjacent enemies.

Someone tell me WHY THE FUCK you can't attack adjacent enemies by default just because you're using a polecat? Like what in the Everlong ng fuck, do you send your weapon through a portal that opens 5 feet ahead so you can never hit something in front of you UNLESS it's 10 feet away? I DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND. THIS IS THE STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER READ. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME I'M READING THIS WRONG
>>
>>50302885
>do you send your weapon through a portal that opens 5 feet ahead
How did you know
>>
>>50302689
"Look your majesty
this magus is a travesty
son of one thousand fathers
he did stole the phoenix feather
shitstorms are his only weather.
How could Avistan still
have the will
to not put this asshole into the pain mill?
I am an excellent investigator
this magus a masturbator
his spellbook stole from an incinerator
Your majesty could you please
put the people at ease
the his half-elf only a piss
nobody would really miss."
>>
File: 1460558167908.png (1MB, 704x822px) Image search: [Google]
1460558167908.png
1MB, 704x822px
>>50303007
>>
File: 1457275443527.png (2MB, 887x700px) Image search: [Google]
1457275443527.png
2MB, 887x700px
>>50303007
>>50303025
Yes glorious
>>
>>50303197
Is that a waffle wolf?

A Wolffle, I guess?
>>
File: FFT - Ramza draws his.png (880KB, 1120x2190px) Image search: [Google]
FFT - Ramza draws his.png
880KB, 1120x2190px
>>50302885
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons#wpn-quality-reach

>Reach: You use a reach weapon to strike opponents 10 feet away, but you can't use it against an adjacent foe.

You have it right.
>>
>>50303233
Awooffle
>>
What's the best way to build a shaman, considering i will probably play with three people who have never played/played very little. So far i have: venerable dragonwrought jungle kobold (we will play 3.5 but we can chose from pathfinder classe), nature spirit as my main and lore spirit as the wondering one for "arcane Enlightenment" hex.
>>
8th level game with 1 mythic tier
Human (+2 Str +2Cha)
Sohei 1/Enlightened Pal 7
Str 20, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Traits: Magical Knack, Fates's favored

Feats: Fey Foundling, Combat Reflexes, Power Attack, Martial Focus (Close), Cut from the Air, Mythic Combat Reflexes. At 9th I'll pick Smash from the Air

Guardian: Sudden Block, Retributive Reach

Relevant Equipment: Mithral Kikko

Yay or nay?
>>
quick question (although I guess it is a bit more 3.5 related)

If I have a spiked shield, would it hurt whoever hit it while I am blocking?
>>
>>50303361
I forgot to say, i think i'll act as supporter/buffer/healer. Don't really wanna go full healer with the life spirit as i think it will only weaken the party and be generally useless in combact
>>
>>50303381
No, but you can use it as a secondary weapon
>>
>>50303381
There aren't even any real rules about whether or not you blocked an attack or it missed or or hit the armor, so no. Shield and armor spikes only matter if you're attacking with them.
>>
>>50303393
>>50303394
aww..
Well it looks like I will have to bash people with my shield then.
>>
File: 1457272965045.png (34KB, 488x307px) Image search: [Google]
1457272965045.png
34KB, 488x307px
>>50303233
>>
File: 1457271741160.png (624KB, 4960x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1457271741160.png
624KB, 4960x3508px
>>50303233
And the other
>>
File: 1457332147801.jpg (82KB, 1152x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1457332147801.jpg
82KB, 1152x1000px
>>50303540
>>
File: 1457532937319.png (70KB, 550x506px) Image search: [Google]
1457532937319.png
70KB, 550x506px
>>50303554
>>
>>50302124
>There is any Pathfinder text-only campaign in Roll20 that would accept a tiddy monstah half-elf time oracle?

I would unironically suggest applying to the campaign everyone and their mother is applying to; Rise of the Jade Regent, link to join is here: https://app.roll20.net/join/1770733/2aujeQ

You'll still have to write up an explanation on what that titty monster half-elf is doing in Sandpoint, and give her a character beyond huge breasts and a "breed me" figure, but I have faith you can do it, anon!
>>
File: 1466138133553.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
1466138133553.png
3KB, 184x172px
>>50302280
Not that anon, but I legitimately thought it was Call of Cthulhu for a second, until I saw it was a flash game.
>>
>>50304730
haahahahaha
>>
>try to work on character background
>realize that it is absolutely retarded no matter how I slice it

Guess this means I better go all in or start over
>>
>>50305027
Maybe, maybe not. What's the background?
>>
>>50305027

Tell us more about the character, friend. I just got done writing a 2,000 word essay on The Big Bang Theory on /tv/ and I'm raring to continue the posting.
>>
>>50305191
>big bang theory
You know, I'm still salty that instead of basically a sexventure we got that shit.
>>
>>50305218

Oh anon, please. You and I both know the genius of the Big Bang Theory and the rich media universe they had created (The Big Bang Theory Universe, or BBTU) was worth every viewer. It allowed the Normies of the world a chance to view the daily life of the humble dork, the nerd, the geek, the man that was little more than a punchline at school and little more. It showed audiences around the world that nerds continued to exist, continued to "be", after Prom and College. The Big Bang Theory was the show that revolutionized the subculture, which along with Portal opened the floodgates to Le Nerd things. Like Iron Man with comic book movies, like Tolkien with fantasy, like Prometheus stealing fire from the gods, it changed everything.

Of course, and the show itself has changed over the long years, but that is a conversation for a different thread.
>>
>>50305266
Wow okay, you weren't kidding about essay.
>>
Where can I find premade NPCs and stuff? I need to make a 16-19th level Druid for the party to fight.
>>
>>50305476
>Where can I find premade NPCs and stuff?

Literally any Adventure Path, ideally Book 6.
>>
>looking at half-orc racial options
>I can get +2 skill ranks every level
>i could dump int and still have decent skills

Hahaha, thats almost worth it.
>>
>>50305498
The racial trait to have as a half-orc is sacred tattoo. Add Fate's Favored for +2 to all saves.
>>
>My character is a big tittied kitsune foxgirl who shows off her cleavage and wears high heels!

When would you actually let someone play this?
>>
>>50304653
Most likely I will make her a witch/oracle for that game.
>>
>>50305645
I don't run joke campaigns, so never.
>>
>>50305482
Specifically a druid?
>>
>>50305476
NPC codex. Most of it is in the SRD as well.
>>
>>50305612
i know that, its the same reason witchwolves are the best skinwalkers (dat +2 untyped to all saves)

I think i can grab a skill boost sacred tattoo, and fey thoughts to get me some class skills i wouldn't have otherwise and don't have to waste traits on that. And i keep the +2 bonus to intimidate for my hilarious +17 modifier.
>>
>>50305645
Only if the player is similarly well-endowed and promises to dress the same way as the character.

Otherwise never.
>>
File: genji keijo.png (191KB, 540x310px) Image search: [Google]
genji keijo.png
191KB, 540x310px
>>50305645
Never kitsune are cancer and need to be removed.
>>
File: KNight Zwihander.jpg (161KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
KNight Zwihander.jpg
161KB, 1000x1200px
What are some fun ways to format a backstory /pfg/? I just submitted one that was a collection of reference letters for a living suit of armour and my GM loved it, but now I feel like I need to keep innovating.
>>
>>50305842
I even like the idea of tricky transforming foxes, but paizo fucked them over by turning them into furshit and /pfg/ ruined them for me because a couple of tremendous weeaboo faggots are literally incapable of controlling themselves.

At this point it's fucking salted earth, and I'd never be able to play one without cringing into oblivion.
>>
>>50305776
It's actually typed as a racial bonus, but how many things are racial bonuses?
>>
>>50306025
basically nothing, it might as well be untyped.
>>
File: IMG_0249.jpg (160KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0249.jpg
160KB, 500x650px
Any advice for a first time GM getting ready to run Carrion Crown?
>>
>>50305645
No, because it's obvious they didn't read the setting document; ALL kitsune in this game are foxpeople with stilted toes and heels, you didn't need to specify that. Clearly you aren't invested in the game, so I can't accept you.
>>
>>50306034
If you want to give your players a good experience make them roll only humans with 15 PB.
Use FX tracks and some of the OST suggested in the modules.
Play at night with only candles as lightening.
>>
>>50306074
Why do you say only humans? Flavor purposes? Really like the candle idea...
>>
>>50306080
remove darkvision probably?
>>
>>50306080
To remove darkvision mostly.
>>
File: fdgsgds.jpg (101KB, 391x424px) Image search: [Google]
fdgsgds.jpg
101KB, 391x424px
Okay, help me out here /pfg/ because I think I might be missing something in a setting-specific book somewhere.

In my copy of the Advanced Player's Guide it goes out of its way to talk about how oracles have mysterious origins, without always (or often) understanding why they've been empowered, and that they are not empowered by or servants of one god in particular. There's some implication that multiple gods with a common interest create any given Oracle and encourage them to go forth and Do The Thing.

Which sounded pretty cool, but whenever I'm peeling through various forums or RPG groups I see a lot of 'Oracle of X' where X is a particular worshiped being. What am I missing here?
>>
>>50305993
I've written poems, made fake news stories, had one as the results of a scholarly investigation. Expert opinions are a good way to do it.
>>
>>50305151
>>50305191
I feel kind of like I'm cheating a bit somewhere, but considering I've had it sitting around in one form or another after a game fell through and it's not SPECIFICALLY FOR any particular game, it couldn't hurt. This better not result in shitposting, though.

>Local fox hangs around people up until the youkai bullshit happens
>Tries ro fit in, but doesn't quite "get it", and keeps getting chased off
>Has to cycle through a couple human forms over time as he tries to help a new human community get going
>While out and about in his natural form, gets cornered by a wild boar, but is rescued by local adventurers leaving town
>Becomes utterly infatuated with them, and when he realizes one of them dropped a spare, old sword, he keeps it as a momento
>Fast forward 10-15 years, he's finally settled into a particular human form after reading up on tales of heroes
>Despite all that, he's settled into a very comfortable life as a perfectly ordinary 26 year old bacholer that works as a glassworker, and has finally gotten to where nobody really suspects anything
>Except for that one girl, who swears she recognizes him from somewhere, especially when she looks at that sword he sometimes practices with
>>
>>50306119
Oh that's easy to explain. Most oracles get claimed-up or join with a religion that they agree with or that their powers align best with, acting like clerics in most ways. "Oracle of Asmodeus", for instance, means that the oracle worships Asmodeus or that the Church of Cheliax swooped in and picked them out because he speaks tongues and throws fire everywhere, even if someone like Desna or something gave the oracle their powers.
>>
>>50306119
Why wouldn't you worship a deity if you knew gods were real?
also can you look over my homebrew?
>>
>>50306119
Oracles are granted their powers by ~something~, be it a nebulous force, random chance, or an actual deity. In the case of deities they can choose to either follow that deity or go counter to them, the assumption being that, like Witches, no matter what they do is part of the plan for that deity.
>>
>>50306134
It seems reasonable to me, what's the issue?
>>
>>50306148
That would make sense.

>>50306164
Except for the bit where, again, it kinda goes out of its way to say any given deity acting alone is not on the roster for this origin story.

>>50306162
When I was reading the 'of X' it came across not as religious participation but as, y'know, cleric or inquisitor style sponsorship.
>>
>>50306164

>Evil person is granted oraclehood by a Good god
>Evil person attempts to use their divine powers for Evil purposes
>Every time they try, some chance coincidence makes their deeds Good
>>
>>50306203
I feel bias against it due to memes, mostly?
>>
>>50306219
Sometimes a solo deity decides to empower an oracle without wanting the structure of their own church. Or sometimes, a deity gets bored/drunk/on a bet to give someone power without the knowledge on how/what to use it for, and the result is your first level in Oracle.
>>
>>50306225

Don't let your memes be memes, anon! A grateful Kitsune trying to be like senpai is a classic in fiction, you should be proud! Heck, if anything, you haven't taken this far enough through casual burglary or cheap tricks against people.

You're a Fooooooox anon, emphasize that with a bit of foxiness.
>>
>>50306252
>Or sometimes, a deity gets bored/drunk/on a bet to give someone power without the knowledge on how/what to use it for, and the result is your first level in Oracle.

Is that oracles of Cayden get their powers?

"Hey Cayden, bro, brodude, betcha you won't... give that ashhole over there holy shssshit!" "YER ON BRO, ZAP, HOLY SHIT"
>>
>>50306275
>This is basically how my half-elf ended up an Oracle

Really makes me think
>>
>>50306275

>"Oh, god, I can't feel my leg anymore!"
>"SHIT. NEED TO GET BETTER AT AIMING."
>>
File: gip2309.gif (871KB, 474x273px) Image search: [Google]
gip2309.gif
871KB, 474x273px
>>50306270
>>
>>50306270
I imagine that would probably end up going poorly, especially if this poor sap is trying to become a hero. Trial and error learning of human customs, and aspiring to be like human heroes, would probably kick the thieving bit to the curb right quick in favor of an honest living. The instincts would probably still be there, so maybe he plays pranks on the local children to get it out of his system? A bit of petty workplace thievery in order to make a unique trinket via glassblowing?
>>
File: 1382545653231.png (200KB, 350x394px) Image search: [Google]
1382545653231.png
200KB, 350x394px
>>50306372

Anon I don't think you appreciate how much "classic" potential you've got with this character even after mentioning his "A hero am I" aspirations! What if he steals and pranks from people he thinks "deserves" it? Boastful soldiers, greedy merchants, anal-retentive gamagirls, all of them deserve to be taken down a notch! And what better way than by a fox?
>>
>>50306437
>anal-retentive gamagirls

DISCIPLINE IS VERY IMPORTANT.
>>
>>50306517

Keep telling yourself that, dear.
>>
>>50306517
So a Dwarf with Breath of Experience and 18 wisdom, at level 3, only need to put 1 rank in a profession to get +10. Meaning on a take 10 he can handle most tasks in Expanded Profession.

I planned on having my dwarf have the following:
>Profession (Porter)
>Profession (Merchant)
>Profession (Soldier)
>Profession (Miner)
>Profession (Driver)
>Profession (Gambler)

I have enough for one rank in six things. Does anyone think I should swap any out. The character himself is a former dwarven miner, exiled, and turned caravaner (guard, keeper, driver, etc.).
>>
>>50306604
I'd probably just stick with a single Profession, maybe two at most.
>>
>>50306604

I'd almost say swap something out for Engineer or similar, go for a 2/4 split between 'stuff he did as a miner' and 'stuff he did as a caravaneerer'.
>>
>>50306604
Did not mean to quote that.
>>
Rolled 6 + 17 (1d20 + 17)

>>50306595
VERY IMPORTANT.
>>
>>50306618
That makes sense. Unfortunately Expanded Profession has nothing for Engineers. Architect perhaps instead?

Take out Soldier for Architect, because while he fought he isn't trained military.

Porter/Driver he did as a Caravaneer.

Gambler/Merchant he did as both

Miner/Architect he did as a Miner.
>>
>>50306613
I don't see why. My character is over a hundred years old and has done a lot.
>>
>>50306641

Your angry face only makes you cuter! Like a kitten puffing up to look tough!
>>
>>50306641
>>50306668

>VERY IMPORTANT
>>
>>50305993
A rambling journal's a classic, I guess?
>>
>>50306662
But not all of those have skilled labor attached to them; you might have only had a job for a year or two for instance, which wouldn't justify a Profession if it's something basic like gambling or the like. Instead, consider some quirks or other talents he's picked-up from his myriad jobs:
>He never got good at cheating but could catch others in the act, so Sense Motive
>Merchantwork and Mining both involve finding the most valuable thing to take, so Appraise and Perception are useful
>He's got proficient with all weapons and armors thanks to his soldiering
>>
What's a good Dreamscarred Press psionic class to combine with Viscera Kineticist? I'm playing in the edgiest gestalt game i've ever seen, and I need some tips. Basically everything is allowed.
>>
File: EAGER.gif (401KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
EAGER.gif
401KB, 500x281px
>>50306641
>Gamagirly proceeds to lecture the party on discipline
>Catfolk priest falls asleep
>Half giant that's twice as tall listens caringly to his small loud freind
>Wolf-girl paladin see's it as a challenge to her position as the matriarch
>>
>>50306645
Expanded Profession?
>>
File: 1444952948931.jpg (78KB, 480x743px) Image search: [Google]
1444952948931.jpg
78KB, 480x743px
Is there anything, either Paizo-printed or DSP-made, that multiclasses well with Vitalist if I want to add more variety with what I do? Or should I just stick all 20 levels with the class?
>>
>>50306800
I mean, he also has those skills. He also Appraise, Perception, Sense Motive, and has proficiency in all those things.

>Porter
Fairly self contained
>Merchant
Has appraise
>Soldier
Armor/Weapon proficiencies
>Miner
Has Perception
>Driver
Has Handle Animal
>Gambler
Has Bluff and Sense Motive

It's not as if there are just on islands.
>>
>>50306840
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills#TOC-Expanded-Profession
At the bottom.
>>
>>50306837
>>50306751
>>50306668

What if gamagirly's an overqualified Catfolk guardswoman from Magnimar, sent to look over Sandpoint because she made the other guardsmen look bad?
>>
Is there an Imgur album or something of the Villain Codex leaks?
>>
>>50305645
Yes, but only if they remember, like everyone else, that no king rules forever.
>>
>>50306867
Danken

Do the gods ever take/make avatars and just chill with adventurers doing adventuring things while bored?
>>
>>50306873

https://youtu.be/faMh6OYfuNE

I did like that movie, but I don't think that's what the player's going for.
>>
>>50306905

Yes, Sun Wukong often takes the form of a lustful young man to get drunk, fight people, and bang hot chicks.
>>
>>50306905
The answer is mostly no. The gods are really busy most of the time and do that kind of things through Heralds instead.
>>
>>50306905
I'm going to call it a maybe.
>>
>>50306975
Heralds?
>>
>>50306517
>>50306641
Loosen up senpai. Your attitude makes some people as skittish as animals.
>>
What is the starting date for the Rise of the Jade Regent campaign? I'm interested in getting my character personally invested in The Late Unpleasantness, which would have been in 4702 AR.
>>
I just noticed the Ascetic mystery doesn't have a final revelation.

Paizo!
>>
Is it too weird for my character in the RotJR game to have been coming to sandpoint for decades, and thus have seen Ameiko grow up from birth to adulthood. I planned on taking the "Best Friend" trait, but it felt a bit weird.
>>
>>50307140

I don't think so? I mean, most characters it looks like so far are planned to be natives or regulars, so I don't see why it'd be weird.
>>
>>50307140

I don't see what's weird about that? Shalelu's been doing the same thing and she's still best friends with Ameiko.
>>
>>50307135

Post it
>>
Think i might be starting a new campaign tommorow, first session will probably be character gen etc.
I've been playing a lot of fun and strange third party stuff as of late, I'm thinking of maybe doing something a little more first party.
Dragon Disciple Sorceror or LG cleric? Or any other ideas like some crazy unchained rogue builds?
>>
File: 1479406437356.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
1479406437356.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
>>50307182
>>
>>50307021
Iconian ships.
>>
>>50307205
Galactic Civilizations?
>>
>>50307171
>>50307172
Make sense. The character in question would have visited for two weeks approximately every six months for the last 40 years. So he would have been a strange fixture in the town every so often for most of her life.
>>
>>50307201
>>50307182
>>50307135
A final revelation would be far too great of an indulgence.
>>
File: Iconian Herald Dreadnoughts.jpg (346KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Iconian Herald Dreadnoughts.jpg
346KB, 1920x1200px
>>50307224
No, Star Trek
>>
File: laughingelfgirls.png (101KB, 210x195px) Image search: [Google]
laughingelfgirls.png
101KB, 210x195px
>>50307265
>>
>>50307135
>>50307265
paizo.com/products/btpy9oo7/discuss&page=5?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Villain-Codex#234
>>
>>50307268

Man the Iconians are so fucking cool, that MMO was a guilty pleasure of mine throughout 2012-2014.

The character creation was pretty cool too.
>>
>>50307238
The planned route my character took would be:
>From Maginmar to Galduria (this leg takes him through Sandpoint)
>From Galduria to Kaer Maga
>From Kaer Maga to Janderhoff

He isn't allowed inside dwarven settlements, but makes deals with merchants outside of them in the spill over part of the cities and somtimes goes inside with mundane disguises.
>>
>>50307350
Actually it's be
>Maginmar -> Galduria
>Galduria -> Wartle
>Wartle -> Whistledown
>Whistledown -> Kaer Maga
>Kaer Maga -> Janderhoff

Maybe I should grab Profession (Sailor) as well for all the river boating he has to do between Wartle and Kaer Maga.
>>
>>50307128
The campaign uses Burnt Offerings to start, which I believe sets it in 4707.
>>
>>50307378

Breadth of Experience means you can take Profession checks untrained, yeah? Just take that and be done with it, you'll have a +4/+6 bonus at game start, which means you can make most DCs while taking 10.
>>
>>50307437
Sounds like quitter talk. I mostly want that +10 to make the DC 20 checks for Expanded Profession.
>>
>>50307436
Do they actually say what the dates are anywhere?
>>
>Shelyn: Shelyn would honor one who could perform a single song that made an entire army lay down its arms and walk away.
https://youtu.be/-R60DdYdnic
?
>>
>>50307477

They do indeed, the rule of thumb is 4700 AR = 2000 AD, and it's assumed the events of the AP occur the same year as the AP's release.
>>
>>50307492

Wait, I thought the AP events were generally happening around the time of WWI on earth, early 20th century, since that onew here baba yaga sends you to the eastern front?
>>
>>50307515
No, the first AP released in 2000. Meaning that just take the year the AP was released -2000 and add it to 4700 to determine the year in Golarion. It's currently 1923 on earth in Golarion's universe.
>>
>>50307515

Shit, really? I was just going off how Rise of the Runelords starts in 4707 AR and it was originally published in 2007.
>>
>>50307542
No, that is accurate. You can use the current year to convert to Golarion year, but have to use Reign of Winter to convert from in universe golarion to in universe earth.
>>
>>50307562
So RotRL starts in 4707 and Jade Regent starts in 4711, four years later.
>>
>>50307596
Yes, which means Ameiko is 22, as she was born in 4689.

>tfw 113 year old dwarf planning on romancing Ameiko
This may be a problem.
>>
>>50307622
It's different anon. Elves and humans still get it on even though they're hundreds of years younger/older.
>>
>>50307596

Makes sense, considering what Ameiko goes through in Burnt Offerings.

It also means character relationships in Book 1 may have produced marriage or children!
>>
>>50307630
The other problem is the character himself replaces nearly all use of Cha with Wis, but Romance still keys off of Cha. However, he has +18 to diplomacy so maybe it'll even out.
>>
>>50307515
>>50307539
>>50307542
>>50307562
>>50307596

Ah, okay.

I wonder if in a couple decades time we'll end up with an AP having PCs go into WWII europe?
>>
>>50307622
Nigga, one character was around the same age and lived in/around sandpoint since before it was even founded. Your dwarf popping in to trade and seeing people grow up is far less freaky than the idea of someone there all the time.
>>
>>50307676

>Shalelu is 110 years old
>She basically went "this is my swamp" to Sandpoint and has defended it from the infinite goblins ever since

Weird girl, that one.
>>
>>50307666
Pathfinder will likely not last that long. However next year Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch occurs. I drafted an entire adventure having to deal with a political prisoner trapped with his own ramblings. It involved him as a painter and the paintings leading to Golarion, and other paintings that lead to various demiplanes. The PCs would help him, not knowing he was Hitler the entire time, and have a moment where they show him the beauty of Golarion, the beauty of a world without Jews. It was gonna be a moment like In Doctor Who when the Doctor showed Van Gogh a museum full of his art
>>
>>50307706

i want /pol/ to go.
>>
>>50307706

>and have a moment where they show him the beauty of Golarion, the beauty of a world without Jews

I don't know why but I can't stop laughing at the way you phrased this, it's so diabolically innocent
>>
>>50307676
I meant the romance bit was weird. I could however romance Shalelu in a weird we both are only there for a few weeks out of the year.
>>
>>50307732

You could always romance Koya, she's the easiest character in the AP to get in bed.

And since this is a lewd game the DM will probably make her a MILF or at least gracefully-aged character.
>>
>>50307726
It was meant to be a joke campaign where the PCs realize after 15 sessions they have been helping Hitler and realize Hitler has become a sympathetic character.

>>50307727
Pretty terrible, right?
>>
>>50307752
I want to romance them. My Dwarf is a traditionalist who does not believe in acts of carnal nature before the proper social steps have been taken. What do you taken him for?

Hell he can't even hold someone's hand because of his class.
>>
>>50307761
get the wrong players and the next thing you know they're building concentration camps for elves and orcs.
>>
>>50307706
>a world without Jews
What do you think Druma is?
>>
>>50307752
I was gonna be in another game of JR once where I was gonna romance Koya; the GM used ''alternate elf starting ages' (by which he meant 'you don't have to be over a century old, since elves mature initially at the same rate as humans, just give a godo reason why you're out adventuring that 'early'); my character was from Sandpoint and was a childhood friend of Koya's, they got into all sorts of trouble together. When they were about 16, his family shipped him off to an uncle to be trained in the family fighting arts (as a synthesist summoner).

About fifty or so years later, after still having been penpals with Koya all that time, he shows up ready to woo his childhood crush! ... Forgetting that humans age.

But damned if he was going to let that get in the way of love!
>>
File: Shalelu.png (2MB, 1614x2381px) Image search: [Google]
Shalelu.png
2MB, 1614x2381px
>>50307732
Yeah but those elf bits tho
>>
>>50307804

I find it incredible how Shalelu went from a flat, extremely skinny psycho in RotRL to a busty blonde after just 4 years.
>>
>>50307822
Just gotta find the right herbs, anon.
>>
>>50307822

>Alchemists HATE her!
>>
File: 1297262231138.jpg (32KB, 415x476px) Image search: [Google]
1297262231138.jpg
32KB, 415x476px
>>50307822
I mean, her art's never been fully consistent.
>>
How high should your skills be in a level 3 gestalt? I'm hitting +8 on low end and +10 on ones I'm invested in but after hearing some of the numbers in the thread I'm a little worried about falling behind.
>>
>>50307822
What did Shalelu do in RotRL?
>>
File: PZO901150_Shalelu.jpg (152KB, 653x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO901150_Shalelu.jpg
152KB, 653x1000px
>>50307855
>>50307822
Like seriously, she looks different in EVERY version of her art.
>>
>>50307772
I'm interested in cremation. How many bodies can we cremate each day with magic in golarion?
>>
>>50307856

They're just being overpowered little munchkins, my invested are hovering around +7/+11 too.
>>
>>50307856
Mine are +10 on the low end and +18 on the high end.

They are the following:
>+18 Diplomacy
>+18 Bluff
>+12 Intimidate
>+12 Stealth
>+12 Profession (Merchant)
>+11 Sense Motive
>+10 Perception
>+10 Sleight of hand
>+10 Acrobatics
>+10 Profession (Driver)
>+10 Profession (Gambler)
>+10 Profession (Porter)
>+10 Profession (Architect)
>+10 Profession (Miner)
>>
>>50307856
That sound about right if you're not using skill focus/item/trait fuckery.
>>
>>50307856
+3 Class skill, +3 ranks, +4 ability score = +10. You're not going to get higher unless you get bonuses from your class/race or invest feats into it.
>>
>>50307896
With auto-resent disintegrate traps? You can do 14400 a day per trap.
>>
>>50307856

My highest I've invested in is 13, but that's with blowing a Deific Obedience feat on it (Brigh's deific obedience giving a +4 bonus to disable device), and my lowest is +8 (in profession (engineer) and sense motive) among the skills I've invested in, so yours are about right, I think.
>>
>>50307856
+9 or +10 is about right for level 3 to be honest.
>+3 in an attribute if you're not a full-caster
>+3 for being a class skill
>+3 for ranks

Give or take an extra 1 or 2 for different attributes, taking traits or feats, and so on.
>>
>>50307914
Where is your trip depressedhomebrewer? Do you take it off for dwarf posting?
>>
So the Lightning Subdomain power is basically 1/day (more at higher levels) free empower against a single target so long as you have more electricity resistance than 50% of your spells damage?
That seems kinda neat. Is the Air/Lightning Domain decent for a druid? They have access to quite a lot of electrical damage spells which would probably be a good backup for when something is too scary to run up and bite.
>>
>>50307934
Because dwarfposting has nothing to do with my homebrew. I sometimes forget but I'm trying to not use it unless I'm talking about homebrew.
>>
Are there any Halfcasters in SOP who have full casting progression in the Warp Sphere?
>>
>>50307914
Wait I'm wrong, it's +16 Intimidate. I spent Skill Focus on it and had another small bonus I forgot about.
>>
>>50307927
So the real challenge would be rounding them all up first then. Is there some kinda "mass forced teleport"? Could we daisy chain vitalists to teleport their collectives and go town to town?
>>
>>50307957
>+16 intimidate
That's 2 less than gamagirly. I guess she isn't the only spooky member of the group.
>>
File: [can't wake up].png (287KB, 1198x326px) Image search: [Google]
[can't wake up].png
287KB, 1198x326px
Quick, I need a reason for a Dhampir born in Varisia to dedicate himself to Mahathalla instead of Urgathoa or Zura.
>>
>>50307997
Gamagirly didn't even skill focus it
>>
>>50307997
A few times per day all the skills go up by 2. So Sometimes the dwarf is as scary as Gamagirly. However I doubt I'll make it in.
>>
>>50308008

I DONT WANNA DIE, NOT NOW NOT EVER
>>
>>50307856
I'm built for a high intimidate, the rest will be near the +10 area
>>
>>50308008
He had a crush on a priest of the other deity and decided to pray to that church instead
>>
>>50308050
Okay, but they all have the Undead subdomain. So what would make him choose poking a Soul Anchor over becoming a full vampire?

>>50308060
Eh. I mean, wouldn't he need to ship out to Cheliax just to find one?
>>
>>50308032
I think once the size increases start piling in gamagirly will be true terror
>>
>>50308074
Can't pork someone when you're undead.
>>
File: 1479455295171.jpg (42KB, 398x437px) Image search: [Google]
1479455295171.jpg
42KB, 398x437px
>>50308008
He just like it better?
I dont know man it's your fucking character
>>
>>50308086

Just remember, anon.

It's lonely at the top.
>>
File: neet life.png (63KB, 578x547px) Image search: [Google]
neet life.png
63KB, 578x547px
>tfw I just noticed I have over 11,000 hours on roll20

oh
>>
>>50308111
True, but I don't wanna end up writing something completely stupid and I don't trust my own judgement.

>>50308133
Isn't that somewhere on the order of multiple years?
>>
>>50308142
So write something and then ask if it's stupid
>>
>>50308133
Holy shit, how?
>>
>>50308142
>I've basically spent a year and a half of my life on roll20 since 2012

oh

>>50308152
Living campaigns, they're a distraction for me. I don't need much quality to be distracted, quantity will suffice to quench my taste.
>>
god i hate making NPCs and combat maps on roll20
>>
>>50308158

As long as it makes you happy, but are Living Campaigns the sort of thing you want making you happy?
>>
>>50307855
Makes me think of Jet Set Radio
>>
File: 1479257180799.jpg (32KB, 331x506px) Image search: [Google]
1479257180799.jpg
32KB, 331x506px
>>50308133
>>50308142
>>50308152
>>50308158
>1.2 years
>1/4th of your life since 2012
>>
File: shady basement neet life.png (2KB, 628x50px) Image search: [Google]
shady basement neet life.png
2KB, 628x50px
>>50308168
I do wish for quality once in my life.
>>
>>50308133
>Use multiple roll20 accounts so my hours don't add up

I really wish there was the option to hide it but no, the devs don't care.
>>
>>50308189

You get quality by expecting quality, Senpai. Apply for RotJR or something that requires an actual effort in Chargen.
>>
>>50308221
Any suggestions? Honestly I just want to play in a game mostly.
>>
>>50308298
You're not me, but yeah, applying for RotJR is a good idea I guess. I'm not a fan of high power games, but why not? It'd get me out of my comfort zone.
>>
>>50308130
Don't tops need bottoms?
>>
>mfw i don't know what other trait to take for Gamagirly

I mean fate's favored is easy but.. Besides that i just don't know

Arienai >.<
>>
>>50308347
Easy way out, reactionary, become the counter-bully that protects those that are bullied because they know the pain.
>>
>>50308361
yeah but reactionary is always the easy way out.
>>
>>50308371

Take a campaign trait ya big dumbie.

>>50308336

They do indeed, and Gamagirly's a very big girl, big top means bigger bottom.
>>
>>50308347
>>50308361
Take Adopted and then Burning Gaze or whatever that Ifrit trait is. Let's you always Take 10 with Intimidate even in combat, which makes it a hell of a lot more reliable.
>>
>>50308386
What if the bottom is a halfling with a good escape artist check?
>>
File: best gamagirly.jpg (118KB, 584x820px) Image search: [Google]
best gamagirly.jpg
118KB, 584x820px
>>50308407
it would be extremely anime.
>>
>>50308407

That's gross, and not in the good way!
>>
File: NichijouWhyDidThisHappen.jpg (72KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
NichijouWhyDidThisHappen.jpg
72KB, 854x480px
>mfw realizing that trying to build a gestalt character when Spheres AND PoW is on the table isn't actually very fun
>mfw realizing that no matter what I try to rig together, it always looks like an overcomplicated, hot mess and a total headache to keep track of
>mfw crippled by choice paralysis, lack of understanding of all systems involved, and general incompetence

Maybe I'm just not meant to do fun things
>>
>>50308464
Try just not using one of the systems.
>>
>>50308464
>>50308492
This desu. I made my character with two Paizo classes and a PoW archetype. Didn't even look at SoP.
>>
Honestly I kind of want to get into the group where a lot of the characters are siblings of Ameiko because then my dwarf would have seen them all grow up.
>>
File: DunMesh Depressed Marc 01.jpg (26KB, 255x336px) Image search: [Google]
DunMesh Depressed Marc 01.jpg
26KB, 255x336px
>>50308492
>>50308519
The problems start when I consider that I

>don't like vancian, kinda like spheres
>like being obscenely versatile without hogging the spotlight
>like playing dudes with swords
>don't really want to miss out on the things provided by PoW

Things start to fall apart at this point. Perhaps I should just look into something totally braindead simple to get me into the swing of it. Like a ZS Warder or something
>>
Finally got around to reading Mythic Adventure
Holy shit lightsaber
>>
File: its necromancy.jpg (40KB, 540x500px) Image search: [Google]
its necromancy.jpg
40KB, 540x500px
I remember seeing a paizo pdf here somewhere that had rules on demonic corruption? Couldn't manage to save it when I saw it, anyone know what I'm after?
>>
File: Fire.jpg (193KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fire.jpg
193KB, 1200x800px
If I wanted to make a Monk (or anyone who has a similar fighting style) and be a good combatant how would I do this? Rules are
20pb
Level 1
Any race, but there will be consequences if you choose Orc and expect to rent a room at an inn or something
Low fantasy type game, no wizards or sorcerers and such, a bloodrager or that one fighter archetype are OK though, as long as you can explain how
Start with max gold for class
"Basic" equipment (armor and weapons) are free, any enhancements are not (masterwork, shark skin grip, etc)
Guns are rather common, they are 5% of the listed cost and simple weapons, no misfires, reload time is decreased by one step and advanced are the standard. There have been hints of stuff like bolt actions and semi auto pistols and such being built in a far away land (super rare, like magic items)
Monks get full BAB and D10 HD
All martial get Power attack, Deadly Aim, Piranha Strike(Or whatever it's called) and Point Blank shot for free, we are using the alternate rules where there are the Deft Maneuvers feat and stuff
Ideally I'd like him to deal decent damage but also be able to contribute to combat in another way if say, the enemy has high DR or something.
Here's a Clank picture in return
>>
>>50309288

Probably the horror adventures that just came out.
>>
>>50309339
play an unchained monk
>>
>>50309339
>low fantasy game

Don't
>>
>>50309353
What's the difference?
>>50309369
>thing
*opinion*
>>
>>50309396
Its not an opinion, its a fact, Pathfinder is a godawful system for low fantasy. The game just doesn't work. Its a 100% warning sign if a GM says 'low fantasy' or 'low magic'

Play another system. You'll be better served by it and have more fun.
>>
New Thread:

>>50309429
>>50309429
>>50309429
>>
>>50309412
Don't start that low fantasy argument again, it never fucking ends
>>
>>50309443
it never fucking ends because autistic retards don't understand that the system is designed for high fantasy.

Like i just don't get it. Why try to shoehorn in shit that just doesn't fit. There's other games that make more sense.
Thread posts: 390
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.