[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to use the old "character who was presumed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ArkhamKnight.jpg (45KB, 573x430px) Image search: [Google]
ArkhamKnight.jpg
45KB, 573x430px
Is there any way to use the old "character who was presumed dead comes back as a villain" twist without coming off as hackneyed?
>>
>>50295649
It may work, if the character was either left to die in the enemy territory, or had sustained injuries that may be reversed with medicine/magic. If the fucker was shot in the head then yes, it will be hacky as fuck.
>>
>>50295649

Boss alternate forms. The dragon you defeated and knocked down a mountain rolled into a [Cursed Swamp], and now it's a near-mindless maybe undead and very feral version of itself stalking around the muck, dragging its broken wings behind it, stalking as little more than a massive bulwark of shadow through the swamp's thick, shrouding mist cover.
>>
>>50296963
I've pulled that trick out of the hat where a former party member was boom-head shot'ed, left for dead then came back. Turns out he was a clone with a computer for a brain and programmed to believe he was the dead party member, but they didn't figure that out until they were standing over his again head shot corpse.
>>
>>50295649

It really depends. I mean it really depends on if it makes sense in my opinion. Ass long as it doesn't feel like an ass pull, as long as its conceivable, then i think its fine.
>>
>>50295649
Sucks to be my party, because a past ally had a son due to time-shenanigans and if he ever figures out how they (mostly by accident) screwed over his dad, there's going to be hell to pay.
>>
>>50295649
Yes. Foreshadowing.
>>
Depends on setting.

Exalted has Abyssal Exalts for just this purpose, really.
>>
>>50295649
>>50296963
What if the character was taken prisoner, presumed to have died of torture but was instead just mindbroken into serving the BBEG?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.