[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips for people getting into W40K? Me and a friend are splitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: firefox_2016-11-18_01-01-46.png (252KB, 448x594px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-11-18_01-01-46.png
252KB, 448x594px
Tips for people getting into W40K? Me and a friend are splitting a Dark Vengeance box soon, and there's a lot of stuff to get used to.
>>
Don't
>>
>>50287892

>don't-
-Listen to this man. Unless you have tight finances, or a lot of obligations. In which case yeah, Don't.
>>
There are so many better wargames with better rules, a better player base, and made by a company that doesn't hate its customers.

So, yeah. Don't
>>
Don't listen to these faggots. Get into W40K but don't buy pieces and don't play the board game and suffer with the rest of us
>>
>>50287892
Under rated post.
5 star advice
Blood bowl, Frost grave, better cheaper games. 40k in a BAD place right now.
Or Heralds of Ruin Kill Team.
>>
>>50288061
>get into 40k but don't into tabletop

Que? Even the RPG is being discontinued, what else there is? Vidya?
>>
>>50288061
>>50288084
fluff?
>>
>>50288136
40k fluff is overrated.
>>
>>50287856
Buy one kit at a time and grow your force slowly. It is much easier to stay motivated.

I'll never understand how people whine about 40k being "too expensive" but then blow 25 bucks a week on MtG, and hundreds during every major release

with 40k, your purchases will be bigger, but less frequent. When all is said and done you will probably spend less money than MtG
>>
>>50288179
That's what I was thinking, especially since we've both been playing Modern for years, and a lot of the others at our LGS are slowly converting to 40K
>>
>>50288195
also I hope you like painting

there is a real sense of accomplishment when you've painted up a new unit and field it on the table.

These days Games Workshop has a youtube channel with a lot of beginner friendly painting tutorials.

And this year we began to really see the effects of their new CEO.

>kickass releases all year
>boxed deals that are actually a good deal, especially the "Start Collecting!" boxes that are aimed at new customers and people looking to start a second army
>more starter boxes like the Kill Team box
>blood bowl is back after some twenty years of being out of production
>bringing back the community site
>interacting with customers
>GW expressing interest in endorsing tournaments again
>Even GW is surprised by Age of Sigmar sales after releasing the General's Handbook
>>
>>50288256
Im actually getting into mostly for the hobby side, so theres that
>>
>>50287856
Don't.

If anything buy sigmar. You don't have to spend several hundred on a list. Only a few hundred.
>>
>>50288558
well surely all the awesome releases and boxed deals will please you greatly

GW actually has a PR team now and they are doing a great job. They way they did the magnus "leak" with the followup video was awsome, and I won't lie, I am a little pumped for the releases to come.
>>
>>50287892
fpbp
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.