[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the worst /tg/-related freakout you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 25

File: dD5PHiz.gif (4MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
dD5PHiz.gif
4MB, 500x281px
What's the worst /tg/-related freakout you've ever witnessed?
>>
a MAID rpg favour race game got REALLY competitive in my group
>>
One time I saw a thread on /tg/ where someone didn't like 3.5.
>>
Playing 3.5 with some friends and this one guy in my group was just rolling really badly that day. Our session of combat was going longer than usual because he was rolling so low. Eventually after he rolled another 2 or 3, someone joked "Come on, man" and he got really upset and threw all of his dice across the room we were in, almost hitting a few people. I can see how it was frustrating but he could have behaved more maturely.
>>
>>50283442

Worst I've ever personally seen was this one guy who used to be at my chess club. He had a tendency to literally table flip when he was behind in a game. It got so bad it was even nicknamed the "Oleg maneuver" in his honor.
>>
>>50283442
Literally any Legion of Everblight player losing a match in any tourney I've been to ever.
>>
My GM got pretty pissed off at our Pathfinder group when we killed a group of archers that were five levels higher than us and 800 feet away in a single round, in melee combat. I can't blame him too much as every single combat went similarly one-sided due to big time powergaming.
>>
>>50283442
We were playing some Game of Thrones-marketed Risk- like board game . It's a game where once you start to get behind in resources, it becomes very hard to amass said resources. Basically, once you fall behind, you stay behind.

So this happened to me. Then once everyone realized it, the other three players started to gang up on me until I had basically nothing left, except one gold and one territory. And then instead of taking me out, kept me in the game unable to do ANYTHING.

After about fifteen minutes, I flipped the table. Ranted about how bullshit the game was, how bullshit my friends were. When one of them, normally the nicest person ever, tried to apologize, I socked him in the jaw and stormed out of his house.

Not one of my proudest moments.
>>
>>50284646
wow
pretty shitty
>>
File: 1473218344439.png (367KB, 458x419px) Image search: [Google]
1473218344439.png
367KB, 458x419px
>>50284646
lmfao just sit on the couch w/ your phone nugga
>>
File: 1474943211269.jpg (127KB, 564x705px) Image search: [Google]
1474943211269.jpg
127KB, 564x705px
>>50283442
Risk Legacy nearly tore my friendships apart.
We got *VERY* competitive. There was a lot of double dealing and elaborate diplomacy and promises. I dislike that stuff, I prefer to just duke it out, but that was the way the game was going.
Anyway, somebody violated a key, unbreakable treaty and I went into a sulk. I was in a very passive-aggressive "let's just finish this, what is the point of even trying" mode, and one of the other players kept trying to get me in on a scheme of his that I knew was just going to make cat's-paw yet again so I gave him the igg. He got so frustrated with my bitchiness that he literally ripped the board in half.
Once we all calmed down, we cracked up about it and it's now a fond-yet-painful memory. Not anyone's finest hour, except the guy who violated the treaty and got the ball rolling in the first place. He's my roommate, and has one of his little figures sitting above our bathroom mirror as a sign of his great victory. the bastard.
>>
>>50284646
>not being able to explain that you aren't having fun to a group of friends
>not being able to politely excuse yourself from a board game
>punching someone because words are hard to use

I'm sure it's not one of your proudest moments. Your mother though would have been proud.
I can just imagine her now;
>Oh Anon may have punched his friend but at least he showed some emotion today.
>Wow he made enough friends to play a board game?
>I'll have to have the 'What do we do when we feel the angries?' talk with him again, like his guidance councillor told me.
>Maybe I can put that scratching post away seeing as he not a complete pussy anymore.
>Why is god punishing me? He's 32 and still lives in my fucking basement. I need wine.I'll never have grandchildren.
>>
>>50283442
Somebody post the screencap of that security guard who had to pull a gun on a guy going full-blown meltdown and throwing books and models at children. That shit was hilarious.
>>
>>50283442
Age of Sigmar reveal.
>>
a friend tried to make a ragtag playgroup and one friend got so stressed out rolling their character that they started to cry
we never played again
>>
friend played a monk in 5e, we got captured and subjected to "tests". paladin went to the test of bravery, barbarian to the test of strength. the druid should've gone to the test of wisdom, but said monk wanted to go. since he is not wise, dm had to make some shit up and it ended up a combat. three rounds later and he didn't win, he rage quit and left. must be a combo player thing
>>
Over a decade ago, saw a guy torch someone's MTG binder with lighter fluid. To the other guy's bravery(?), he put the fucking thing out by smothering it with his bulk.

I have no clue what the fuck he was thinking since there were easily 30+ witnesses around. It's my town's only neckbeard shoppe, so you see some crazy shit go down every now and then.
>>
Was trying to DM a public game, nice people except one who started being a smartass at me. I got fed up and tossed my dice in his direction, telling him to "run the fucking thing himself" if he knew it so much better and left.

At least I got my dice back.
>>
>>50285154
Something about the way you wrote that makes me giggle uncontrollably.
Cheers, anon
>>
>>50284741
>"let's just finish this, what is the point of even trying"
thats more or less how most of our risk games end. usually noone wins, everyone just wants the game to end already.

i hate risk now
>>
>>50284646
Couldn't you, you know, just take out your phone and only minimally engage at that point instead of punching someone in the face?
>>
>>50283458
you're gonna post that story
>>
BFZ prerelease.
>playing against an older gentleman who apparently also brought his son
>older guy gets landscrewed a few times because he doesn't shuffle properly, just kind of rams piles of cards into each other (no sleeves)
>goes on about how he and his friends hate mana screw so much they play a homebrew format of magic where if they miss four land drops they just get a basic of whatever kind they want
>game three he mulls to four
>after he loses he rifles through his deck to find all the islands in a clump
>throws his deck at the wall and screams
It's too bad that was the most exciting thing to happen to me that prerelease, I didn't even pull anything particularly valuable
>>
Tg sperging out about the lizardmen being squatted in AoS, even though their entire range ended up surviving pretty much untouched
>>
>>50283442

Some years ago the local sperg got kicked out of the flgs for trying to scam kids out of cards. He then started screaming about being "victimized" over and over again until the owner threatened to call the cops.

Was a real asshole, and pretty much everybody was glad to get rid of him. Never showed, always had his headphones in while playing, and basically acted like it was the greatest nuisance ever to have to take them out to actually interact with opponents.

He was pretty much a continuous walking freakout, this was thankfully just the final one. Well, until that game store closed down, and everybody shifted over to a new one where he wasn't banned. I moved away shortly after that, so I don't know what else came of it, if anything.
>>
>>50284646
People giving you shit for doing something you literally just explained was the worst gaming freak out you ever witnessed, which embarrassed you because of course everybody wishes they were cool and reasonable all the time.

People are retarded.
>>
A guy pulled a knife on me during a multiplayer game of magic.

[spoilers]I was playing Blue[/spoilers]
>>
>>50286838
woah
>>
I was watching a friend at a 40k tournament, not official by any means. but quite large, something like 20 tables.

His opponent was probably early 30's and had an uncanny resemblance to Boogie in OPs gif. About halfway through the game he is being thoroughly trounced and doesnt have a single objective. An old lady comes over, "Honey i brought you burger king"

"NOT NOW MOM IM TRYING TO PLAY HAMMER!"

He screamed at her and tears the bag from her hands, she looks disappointed and turns to leave.

The whole store just stared at him for a moment before going back to their games.

He made quite a fuss when he lost too.
>>
>>50283442

>that side moob jiggle from black shirt
>>
>>50284646
If one of my friends socked me in the jaw, I'd press charges for battery.

I don't get why people get in fights at all when there's a risk of jail time.
>>
It was me.

I had had a real shitty day at work that day, had some friends over that night to play EDH. I promptly get mana screwed, don't get to cast a spell until around turn 10.

It gets countered.

I lose it.

Start screaming at the guy to get out of my fucking house, and how I never want to play with him again, etc. Not my proudest moment. Luckily everyone just laughed in my face and told me I was being a faggot, so I scooped and did something else while they finished to cool down.
>>
>>50287051
>if one of my friends took a swing at me I'd get them thrown in prison
I don't think you have any real friends then. That's not something friends would do.
>>
>>50287051
Sometimes someone just really really needs their ass beaten.

Virtually never over /tg/ though.

One time while I was driving friends home I got into an exceedingly heated debate over the classic filch flare in Cosmic Encounter.
It made the ride weird for everyone else and it was a year or two before anyone wanted to play it again.

Not worst I've seen, but worst Ive been directly involved in.
>>
>>50287062
your friends are cool people
>>
I once killed and eat my GM because he killed my level 7 monk in Pathfinder.

I don't even regret it.
>>
>>50287198
How did you cook him and with what side dishes?
>>
File: 1407979159736.jpg (419KB, 914x606px) Image search: [Google]
1407979159736.jpg
419KB, 914x606px
>>50287211

I roasted him with my wit, and served him up with a side of humiliation and sexual inadequacy.
>>
>>50286955
:'(

Mine was never really a freakout. Just sort of a long drawn out kind of thing. Growing up this one guy's dad DMed for us and we all saw him go through 2 divorces and as many houses in around 6 or 7 years. We never really consciously acknowledged it until the very end because we started in high school and ended when we graduated from high school this last year. He was always a pretty cool guy and it was impressive he was even WILLING to do that for us because we were weird and dumb as fuck sometimes. But looking back on it it was sad to see his life just continue to go through that. I hope everything works out for him now.

His kid was also pretty cool but he seems to have fallen off the face of the earth since college started. Not even sure if he went.
>>
>>50287252
Doesn't sound very good. I was hoping for something like liver with some faba beans and a nice Chianti
>>
>>50287283
It's fava you commoner.
>>
>>50287283

Silence of the Lambs is extremely overrated.
>>
>>50287300
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicia_faba

>>50287304
Eh, kind of. I'm willing to forgive it for having a fun "just as planned" villain though.
>>
>>50284741
Every treaty in Risk is meant to be broken. Your job, when you make a treaty, is to be the first to meet the criteria where by the treaty is no longer beneficial to you. You don't ha e to break it right away but you have to break it before any of the other treaty participants get to the point where the treat no longer benefits them.
>>
>>50283442
I give my buddy's gf a TON of shit. All the time. Being a woman, her ego is incapable to taking a joke at her expense lying down.
She always tries to get us to play catan with her then proceeds to try to get her bf and our other friend to gang up on me so I can do jack shit for 2 hours. She literally sits there and conspires solely against me from beginning to end. Ive won 3/4 games with her.

I snapped on her ass last time they did it though. It's just spiteful and lame and saps all the fun out of it for me.

I don't play non co-op games with her anymore. Incidentally she doesn't ever want to play with us anymore.
>>
File: 1409096360471.jpg (66KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1409096360471.jpg
66KB, 320x320px
>>50287540

You sound autistic as fuck bro.
>>
>>50287000
I was about to make fun of you for studying the image far too closely but then the power of your trips compelled me to watch and enjoy.
>>
>>50287090

OR...

if they were real friends, they wouldn't hit me. If they do then they're not so I will.
>>
>>50287572
Yeah but at least I'm good at catan and that's all that matters.
>>
>>50287616
>It's wrong to do something in a moment of anger, that makes you not a real friend
>So my cold calculated ruining of their life is totally A okay then.
Anon, I don't think you are a good person.
>>
>>50283442
I was playing at a MTG prerelease when some faggots figured that that exact day and time would be the absolute best time to play an army figure game. I think it was Warmachine but I never bothered to learn the different games.

I was in the middle of the second match of the second game 1 - 0 1 - 0 and I was doing my best to close out since the guy I was playing basically built the same deck and it turned into a "Who can aggro the hardest the fastest." When from the back of the store I heard "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT RULER YOU ARE TRYING TO CHEAT ME WITH!" This was so loud it quieted a store full of 100 MTG players in the middle of their games and make them all turn and look. One guy straight threw a ruler at the other guy and then sweeped a bunch of figures into a bag then swiped his had across the table hard scattering figures everywhere then screamed "FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR BULLSHIT!" He stormed out and slammed the door so hard the windows shook. Everyone was dead silent just looking at each other trying to figure out what the hell just happened. The owner ran outside fast and we all just kinda shrugged and went back to our games.
>>
our (actually autistic) druid got pissed at our juggernaut after he picked him up and beat the succubus to death after we used enlarge person on him and he got charmed by the succ. He proceeded to get up and start yelling at the juggernaut about how he was always giving him shit and he just wanted to play the game without getting shat on.
>>
>>50283458
In two years of trying I still have yet to get a group together to play a game of MAID.
>>
>>50287645
I'm a very good person. I just don't feel a needto be such to a primate who can't control his urges to hit someone and thinks having a moment of anger makes it ok. That's the sort of shit your dad pulled on your mom to explain why he beat her. Break the cycle, anon.
>>
File: officesperg.png (133KB, 1324x868px) Image search: [Google]
officesperg.png
133KB, 1324x868px
Found it
>>
I think the fact that "tilt" is considered somehow socially acceptable at least in MTG is a fucking embarrassment.

The amount of borderline autistic behaviour I see get excused in the community has to turn so many people off the hobby.
>>
>>50287750
Forgiveness is a virtue anon, yet you are vengeful and proud of it, I don't think that counts as being good.
>>
>>50283442
A guy couldn't pay for midnight pre-release, he had just put down his dog and didn't realize he didn't have enough left until he was at the counter trying to pay. He burst into tears, my bro offered to lend him money but he just said he couldn't play now and left.

Haven't seen him since.
>>
>>50287750
If someone's social skills are so shitty that he's trying to justify physically attacking his friends over a game then you shouldn't even bother trying to reason with him.

He doesn't understand because he CAN'T understand.
>>
>>50287819
Autists deserve to have fun hobbies too anon, please do not bully them.
>>
>>50287851
>Knowing all this about a random guy
Was that guy you anon? It's okay to share, this is a safe place and you are among friends.
>>
File: 1383876551148.jpg (138KB, 1208x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1383876551148.jpg
138KB, 1208x1040px
>>50287625
>>
>>50287837
And the primate who needs to hit me can be virtuous by forgiving me whatever prompted the urge.

This can go on forever. We'll have to agree to disagree. But I'm out here... somewhere. Be wary who you hit in a moment of anger.
>>
>>50287750
>I'm a very good person

If you ever say this, you're probably kind of a prick. Egotistical, follows the letter of the law if not the spirit, blah blah blah.
>>
>>50287090
>That's not something friends would do.
You're half right. Punching a friend over how a board game is going isn't something a friend would do.
>>
>>50287992
I've gotten into drunken fisticuffs with some of my best friends and I'd still trust my life to em. It really depends on why they throw the punch, unless they are doing it because they seriously intend you harm, I don't see it is being a friendship deal breaker.

Or to put it another way, just because my dog nips at my hand sometimes when he's pissed off, I won't put him down. He's still my best bud right?
>>
>>50287971
Saying you're good is not egotistical. I'm not claiming some exceptional status by saying I am good. I hope you don't live such a life that such a basic claim is considered so extraordinary that it seems so unbelievable.
>>
>>50287969
I hope when a friend punches you, you die

Then at least the guilt will make them trick themselves into thinking you weren't such a shit friend
>>
>>50287992
I've been punched by a friend for less. Never take jabs at girl wearing too much perfume. Especially not jabs about wearing too much perfume.
>>
>>50285154
>his bulk
> bulk
Say what you mean anon. And in this case you mean his hulking, quivering lumps of fat.
>>
>>50288082
It's true though. Claiming to be good is the same as being unaware, or choosing to ignore one's faults. It's sort of like how the least intelligent people believe themselves to be smarter on average where the inverse is true for smarter people. Someone who is truly good would think themselves a terrible sinner for the tinniest transgressions, those that are bad think themselves good while committing atrocities.
>>
>>50288082
Anon.

if it were true, you wouldn't have to claim it was.
>>
>>50288150
I hate when people wear tonnes of perfume, I got some chemical sensitivity to some of the things they put in them so I get a throbbing headache from the stuff and there are people who practically bathe in it like it's the damned middle ages or something. I really don't get it, like why?
>>
>>50283442
I've been that guy before. I was feeling pretty crummy after the pod ban, especially as I had finished it right before. Trying to play the deck without the core, and it just isn't working. I still don't know if the other guy was trying to mock me, or actually offering advice, but he was saying all game, gee anon, that deck sure could use some goyf's and lillies.
I ended up socking myself in the face a couple times out of frustration, and ended up just dropping and going home.
I'm not going to hurt other people, but I'm completely fair game for my own anger.
Not my proudest moment, but I haven't had any /tg/ rage related incidents since then. Playing legacy instead of modern might also have something to do with that.
>>
>>50286556
But lizardmen weren't squatted at all, or at least no more or less than anything else was.
>>
>>50288160
No. I have faults. I said I was good. I didn't say I was perfect... or even great. I'm willing to accept that I might even be wrong about that. I've had other people say I'm good, trustworthy, that they could count on my honesty and integrity. It's possible that they're wrong, I suppose, but it's all I have as evidence. All you've offered is baseless speculation.
>>
>>50288150
dude, why? those bitches are fucking walking chemical warfare. I've literally failed classes because of the migraines they give me.
>>
>>50288202
I find it's too hard to punch oneself in the face with any force, I prefer putting cigarettes out on my skin while calling myself a "stupid worthless waste of life who should kill herself". It doesn't have to be cigarettes though, you can just heat a wire with a lighter or something.
>>
>>50287878
lol

/tg/ is most certainly not a place to seek solace.
>>
>>50288177
You're confusing "true" with "obvious".
>>
>>50287878
He said he couldn't pay because he had just put down his dog and didn't realize he was short on cash.
English is not my first language.
>>
>>50287969
You are convincing me to, if ever punch you, let you in the ground for good. Heck, you're lucky we'll never met.
>>
>>50288230
And I didn't say you were evil either, but thinking you are good by default isn't the greatest sign of your temperament.
>>
>>50287992
Honestly, if one if my friends hit me, I'd probably forgive 'em if it was a first offence and they got me a pack of decent beer afterwards. Hell, twice in my life I deserved to get hit, and since they didn't hit me I had to shell out for apology gifts and shit.
>>
>>50288245
Oh, no it's okay. I understood that part, I just didn't realize he said it out loud for everyone to hear and wondered how you would know about his life like that. Sorry for misunderstanding.
>>
>>50288193
>>50288233
Well, when woman has no sense and bathes herself in the stuff regularly, that's just people being plebs.

This specific case what girl wearing lot of perfume exceptionally. Because she was self-ware about "smelling bad". I'll let you guess why. Hint: It also made her extra irritable.
>>
>>50288239
Christ. I know I'm a newfag to 4chan in general, but that's not good. I don't exactly need my psych degree to know that. That's almost as bad as the guy who one day randomly decided to tell me that when he felt worthless he liked to melt candlewax onto his balls. Go see a psych and get some pills.
>>
>>50288106
I hate to disappoint you but I don't have friends that would punch me.

Look, I'm not disparaging you for having a relationship with people where hitting one another is acceptable. That's fine... for you. It wouldn't be for me.

I suppose this means you and I can't be friends but, seeing as how you're hoping I get hit and die, it's probably for the best.

Good luck, anon. May all your beatings be friendly.
>>
>>50288151
Fat is flammable. May he was muscularly bulky?
>>
File: 1373557814484.jpg (696KB, 1053x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1373557814484.jpg
696KB, 1053x1070px
>>50288299
>I don't have friends that would punch me.
You don't have friends. period.
And from your posts, it's obvious to see why, you pretentious, hypocritical, thin-skinned cockgoblin
>>
>>50288246
As are you.
>>
>>50288239
It's not self loathing in my case. It was mostly just frustration, but I shouldn't have reacted with violence at all, even if it was self directed.

If you're reading this, fuck you, tron guy. Yes you, and your cheating on sideboards and your spheres/stars
>>
>>50288291
>pills/therapy
Nah those don't really work. There's no real point in trying since I've already failed at everything I've ever tried in my life, including being happy. I just need to die already. Thanks for your attempt to be helpful though.
>>
>>50288250
If you say so, anon. Someone said I wasn't good. I countered. In your eyes, that means I must not be good. You seem to be using the same logic that got witches burned in Salem and we're probably too far apart in our thinking to arrive at any sort of conclusion... it's not like either of us can prove our cases, anyway.
>>
>>50288319
>cockgoblin
On a knob bobbin hobgoblin?
>>
>>50286955
His mom sounds nice. What an asshat.
>>
>>50288350
The guy attacked your theoretical actions, not you. You say, "No, this is moral because X, Y, and Z", not "I am a good person."
>>
>>50288350
>if you think thinking that you are inherently good is a bad thing you want to burn people alive
Uhh, what?
>>
>>50288319
Brilliant work, Sherlock. I'd ask you to demonstrate your logic but it probably involves flinging your shit at the people from your cage.
>>
>>50283442
By /bgg/standards that is a perfectly reasonable reaction to Catan. He shouldn't have flipped though, just hammer the piece of shit into the table
>>
>>50288299

>>50288319 This.

If none of your friends are willing to smack some sense into you when you start acting like an autistic fuck, then they aren't really your friends.
>>
>>50283442
Someone I played with quit my game in a sudden crazed huff by having their character kill themselves out of nowhere, during a long running campaign. Nobody knew what the fuck was up, and it destroyed the whole game then and there.

Learned my lesson to not trust what players say and to never tie up too much plot into one of them. Have had significant more success then, they never played another game and went deep end into politics.
>>
>>50288362
No. He said, "I don't think you are a good person."

>>50287645 for reference.

I said I was.
>>
>>50288341
Could you try it for an anon who's also failed at almost everything he's ever tried? One who in a final attempt to be happy decided to study psychology in college to try and fix himself and is now desperately attempting to get into graduate school in pursuit of a dream? A dream of helping people like us actually experience some happiness and make amends to the people he's failed?

Look, I promise that the pills and the therapy work. I've seen the science. I've looked at the parts of the brain. If the pills you tried didn't work, it means the new ones are more likely to work now. Tell your brain to go fuck itself and take control of your life again. I know it's possible, I've seen people do it. If you take the chance again, you can do it too.
>>
>>50288392
Really? That's the asociation you made? Hopefully the below will help...

> When the accused witches refused to confess, they were deemed guilty.
> If I say I am good, then I must not be good.
>>
>>50288359
Well, obviously that reaction made in quite obvious the guy is being asshat. But when you're in late 20's and your mother still nudges you to eat something every single time you see each other it can get a bit... bothersome.
I can understand she still feels bad for nearly starving me to death as a kid, but c'mon. I got over it years ago. She should too.
>>
>>50288367
Don't be dense, anon, he was using an analogy.

The trials at Salem were horribly one-sided and they would use logic where trying to defend yourself would just confirm to them that you're a witch, i.e. throwing you into a lake with weights attached to you, if you drown to death you're innocent, if you manage to survive you're a witch and get burned at the stake.

The guy you're replying to is still a massive faggot with an ego, though.
>>
>>50288415
Yes, but as a Psych major, then you should also know that it's just as much about the desire to get better as much as the means.

For all the good that therapy and medication does, it doesn't mean a damn thing if the person doesn't think they can get better.

sauce: Me, someone who spent nearly half his life in near-suicidal levels of depression until I finally decided to get my shit together.
>>
>>50288397
Or... I don't act like an autistic fuck.

Why is this so hard to understand? I treat people with respect. I expect the same. Hitting might not cross your line and that is fine... but it crosses mine. I get that we have lines in different places. I'm ok with that. The worst it means is that we can't be friends and that's for the best. You seem way too concerned about my unwillingness to let someone hit me. Please get over it.
>>
ITT:

young man with no friends convinces others to argue what it means to be a friend.

pretty good stuff
>>
>>50288442
> The guy you're replying to is still a massive faggot with an ego, though.

I've identified and confessed this fault. I am very quick to admit when I think I am wrong but it takes he'll and high water to convince me otherwise if I think I am right.

But i've never asked anyone to change their mind so i'm not sure where my ego is coming into play here... i've said, twice now, that it's ok for us to disagree.
>>
>>50288415
You're too good for this shithole, Anon.

;_;7
>>
>>50288415
Sorry I don't think so. Tried pills and therapy for more than a decade and nothing changed. I'm just too tired to keep trying to get somewhere by running in place, to only want not to be stuck as this stupid empty headed waste of life with nothing in them knowing that's not in reach, with only the vague hope for something to make the bullshit so far worth it yet with nothing like that in sight. Just need to get over my fear of dying, or pray to God really hard and hope he'll finally take mercy on me (lol)

Anyways I think we should drop this topic, I'm fagging up the tread way worse than it already was.
>>
>>50288538
Don't punish yourself. Find some friends to hit you, instead.
>>
>>50288471
So hitting is the worst thing a friend could do to you?
Worse than ruining their lives by charging them for a felony?
>>
>>50288350
They hung the witches in Salem. Only Catholics burn witches.
>>
>>50288442
>if you manage to survive you're a witch and get hung.

Fixed it for you.
>>
File: 1472482732844s.jpg (2KB, 119x125px) Image search: [Google]
1472482732844s.jpg
2KB, 119x125px
>>50288538
Shit. You win, but still, shit. Just keep in mind that you never know what tomorrow may bring, and that you could be happy someday. And that there are strangers out there who would be willing to help if you want it. Pic related.

>>50288550
Dick. Don't look at the picture, this picture is not for you. You're on topic though, this thread isn't doing too well.
>>
>>50288584
God damn catholic dogs!
>>
>>50284646
>myself and four friends decide to play Risk
>two others eliminated, then myself
>the three of us go to play a video game
>the remaining two guys, who had an alliance the whole game, start talking louder and louder about how angry we must be that we lost
>we just keep playing Kirby's Epic Yarn until they give up and join us
>>
>>50287971
this, those who make mention of being a good person usually aren't
>>
My Mordheim buddy kept losing for several matches, mainly because of bad rolls. Important stuff like his well positioned marksmen hitting nothing and his captian being taken out by a stupid clanrat.

On severel occasions he went mad and threw the die again only to have another 1 come up.

One time he threw five 1s and 2s in a row. But he never quit and in the end mordheim campaign rng rewarded him with Bulma, a 3wounds 4str 2attacks frenzied hero ... 2toughness but hey those were the days.
>>
This girl who was part of my dm's
>other tabletop group
, during a "worlds collide" kind of session featuring both groups, flipped her shit because two other members of the
>other group
were being waaaay too sexual with eachother in character. She proceeded to go on an 18 minute rant about sexuality and how she suspects she's asexual while the other eight of us sat in silence. I know it was 18 minutes because the
>other group
recorded all of their sessions, this one included.
>>
>>50288581
>assault
>felony
Wut?
>>
>>50283625
>Oleg
Fucking Swedes
>>
>>50288614
I dunno. Protestants signed a legal contract with Satan. Catholics sealed their pact by getting laid.
>>
We were running a simple 3.5 dnd game.

Someone wanted to play their fursona custom race, that got ridiculous bonuses to everything, ethereal wings, and a limited selection of arcane spells per level.

The DM laughed and said no, pick a core race.

Cue 30 minutes of arguing that devolved into a smashed TV, a threat to call the cops, and the furry player literally shitting himself in anger.

The DM managed to get paid back for the tv after threatening a small claims suit, and we never heard from him again, thank god.

Our first 'boss' battle was against a goblin that had gotten very drunk on hallucinogenic wine and was dressed up as the furry, complete with chucking colored rocks at us and screaming 'magic missile'.

Lulz were had.
>>
>>50288692
>Our first 'boss' battle was against a goblin that had gotten very drunk on hallucinogenic wine and was dressed up as the furry, complete with chucking colored rocks at us and screaming 'magic missile
That is actually awesome.
>>
>>50288581
>So hitting is the worst thing a friend could do to you?

No. Let's also keep in mind that this thread is about shit people did because of a game. If I fucked up my friend's car or carelessly broke something of significance that he owned, I might have to take my lumps. If he suckered punches me because my rook took his queen, that's a different story.

> Worse than ruining their lives by charging them for a felony?

Someone wanted me to die as a result of getting hit. It at least acknowledges the possibility. So, potentially, yes. It could be worse to get hit than to have to deal with the legalities of doing the hitting.
>>
>>50286589
This desu
>>
>>50288710
I vaguely recall a 2nd module in which the goblins were haphazardly armed and armored. The leader wore a bra on his head.
>>
>>50288260
>Honestly, if one if my friends hit me, I'd probably forgive 'em if it was a first offence
Fuck first offence, it depends on the reason.

You banged his mom? A punch might be appropriate.
You beat him at a game? Not so much.
>>
>>50288687
I don't know swedish names, but Oleg is (also?) a russian name.
>>
>>50288692
Oh fuck.

Blake? Thick black beard, long greasy black hair, and wear mlp shirts?

I think we had that guy try to butt in and join a game at our shop. The owner actually got a restraining order after he knocked over the vending machine.

And yeah, he smelled of shit when the cops came to take him out.
>>
>>50288759

Is it me or is Blake the dedicated autist name.

I have literally never known a Blake who wouldn't a gigantic sperg.
>>
>>50288777
I knew a blake who was a nice guy back in High School. Unfortunately I was an annoying prick back then as well as a total sperg, so I kind of fucked my relationship with him.
>>
>>50288759
You're kidding.

Yeah, I remember Blake being his name. Didn't wear mlp shirts, just a solid black one with pit stains.

I'm sorry you had to deal with him. Did he actually use the fox-centaur with wings and four arms?
>>
>>50288799
Yes. He even had a picture with it's dick hanging out. We thought we were being trolled until he knocked over the table.
>>
> Edge of the Empire
> Guy makes the smart character
> Gets upset when mechanic can read schematics
> Argues that Education should be used.
> Argument ends up being that you need Education to know ANYTHING.
> Of course, he's the only one with Education and seems to think everyone always asking what they should do then running off to roll their skill to do it isnappropriate.
> I refuse to budge.
> Other players extremely grateful!
> Player ragequits because I gimped his character.

What was most ironic was that this was all brought about by this major plotline i'd custom written to take advantage of his brainy skills but still left stuff for others to do while he followed the clues to learn about "a big thing" in out campaign.
>>
File: deino.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
deino.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>50283442
I had a friend who said "Oh come on, what is the probability of this? This does not count, right? I mean the probability of this is so small it totally does not count!" when he rolled triple 6`s on assault cannon in Space Hulk during defend mission. (This means it overheats and explodes). Like, my friend is a really nice guy in general, but he is also extremely whiny when it comes to losing. He actually kept going on about that thing for the entire game afterwards.

I know its not flashy "flipped the board and broke my Patriarch in half just to make his point clear" kind of story, but at least its true.
>>
>>50288809
Fucking lol
>>
>>50287819
I only use tilt as an excuse to play like trash not be a dick to other players, some times I can be a whiny loser but I dont use tilt as an excuse to be a douche bag

Im usualy on tilt because Im high and cant remember how to play
>>
File: 2d4.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
2d4.png
12KB, 560x407px
>>50283442
I guess it's not technically /tg/ but I

Once got really fucking hammered before an online Hearthstone tournament I signed up for had started (they moved the tournament date a day back and only told me just before it started) and I spent most of the night calling this one guy a fucking nigger over Ventrilo because he played Priest (the class built around stealing cards and that just happened to counter the deck I was running) and playing my biggest cards as soon as I could because I was so drunk I thought it would be a good idea.

Normally I wouldn't give a shit because usually this kinda stuff is unimportant but the kids running this tournament were streaming and shoutcasting it and they even interviewed me after I finally lost and came in third place. I went and said "yeah, [guy who beat me] was a real fucking nigger playing Priest like that" along with "these decks and plays were brought to you by Kraken Rum". Mind you, I said this to about 50 people watching this thing on twitch. I was definitely that guy. They had to delete the stream recording and IP banned me from their forum. I deserved it.

I still won ten dollars for coming in third place though.
>>
>>50287971
I'm the best person. Nobody's a person like me.
>>
>playing an apocalypse game
>i've got 30k admech and this particular autist has KDK, so its a proper monster mash
>charges my 5 castellax with a d-thirster and some flesh hounds after already having taken a wound from a rad-phage weapon, so he's only t5
>3 of the castellax have siege wreckers, and the thirster gets absolutely cucked before he can swing, instant death 4 times over, autist flips out
>he was holding a handful of dice for the d-thirsters 10 million CC attacks, immediately hurls them at the board, grabs all his shit and shoves it in a tupperware container and fucks off, shouting and whining the whole while about how bullshit the game is
he flipped out at a consequent apoc game as well about people taking weapons that were too powerful, then fucked off to his hometown a month later, permanently thankfully
>>
>>50288239
Hit the gym you fucking dyel I could kill myself with a glancing blow let alone a full on punch to the head
>>
>>50283442
In one of my very sporadical groups some weeabo kept making fun of dwarves and the paganish autist told him to stop, after a while he threw a few dice at the weeabo.
>>
>>50287051

The guy arguing for pressing charges is being one dense pedantic fuck but it doesn't invalidate the point.

The law is recourse for the peaceful, who don't settle their disputes like animals, but still reasonably want the protection they deserve from those who would take advantage of their willingness to be peaceful. To do anything OTHER than behave civilly, use minimum force in self-defense, and then press charges would be immoral.

>>50287645

The argument that being """cold""" makes something worse is coming from some shithole culture that prides itself on doing stupid, angry shit. Your people just can't stop themselves from beating their wives and kids, so you make up some shit about "settling it like men," i.e. fighting. You're a either a backwoods degenerate or a third world degenerate, but not someone who deserves the protection of the law made possible by civil society, you fucking Morlock.
>>
>>50288913
>The argument that being """cold""" makes something worse is coming from some shithole culture that prides itself on doing stupid, angry shit
Right, and the reason basically everyone thinks 1st degree murder is worse than 2nd degree or manslaughter is because, why exactly?
>>
>>50287051
>>50287616
>>50287992
You need to respect your board games. Me and my friends will always have a brawl if somebody disrespects the game, all of us ganging up on the betrayer. They get a good beating, they are scared of showing up for the next few weeks but they will come back.
>>
>>50288835
1 in 192, certainly not unheard of. Half as likely as rolling two 1s on a d20, which happens pretty often actually.
>>
>>50288946
Because most of the world is the third world, and we have its baggage in first-world legal systems.

Murder is murder. There's a case for sentencing differences based on how likely the murderer is to be rehabilitated, or how dangerous they are, but the first-second-third / manslaughter division doesn't do it well, especially with the leeway judges have in sentencing and parole programs leading to pretty unequal, largely random inconsistencies in sentencing.

People observe the way legal systems work and presume them to be just without criticism. People think first degree murder is worse than second, because they see it treated that way, and if Law & Order does it, it's gotta be right.
>>
>>50288913
I can see where I seemed pedantic... but it was a discussion about hitting people being ok. I was trying to avoid insults and keep things unemotional. You did, however, put it beter than I managed... and maybe it's more appropriate to call someone a morlock on /tg/.
>>
>>50288969
Twice as likely, you know what I meant.
>>
>>50288980
That makes no sense though, all legal systems in the modern world are descended from "first world" AKA European legal systems. So unless you are going to pull some definition out of your ass that says that 1st world only applies to countries you want to include in your argument and nothing else this is a crock of shit.

>Something or other complaining about the legal system not being very good with no functional ideas for reform

>Tautology that the existing laws of the land create belief in the laws justness when that is clearly ignoring why these laws are created in the first place, and that unjust laws are often challenged in various forms of social rebellion

This is ridiculous, I seriously hope you are shitposting and not actually serious with these falicy riddled posts.
>>
I dunno if this counts but fuck it.

There was this neighbor we had when I was around thirteen and went to a friends for games. He was nosy, ultra-religious, hypocritical, tried to coerce kids into doing chores with guilt trips and empty threats... all around a massive douchebag.

Anyway, he eventually gets wind that my friend is hosting dnd sessions, and raises fucking hell, banging on the doors and windows screaming bible verses about witchcraft.

At first, we just ignore the old fuck, then he broke a window with a brick and started trying to get inside.

My friend's mom got a gun, and told him to fuck off, we're retreating upstairs and calling 911, and old fuck is ranting and raving and breaking more glass until friend's mom fires a warning shot at his feet.

The cops come, and he tries to get her arrested for shooting at his dumbass. He tried throwing said brick at friend's mom during the whole thing, which got his ass arrested.

Anyway, from what I heard, that event sparked a shitstorm, other kids in that neighborhood came forward saying he would grab them and tell them to do yard work, hit them, threaten them, lie to their parents, all sorts of douchebaggery. He got ten years for attempted assault and breaking and entering, and we never heard from him again.
>>
>>50289034

I'll give you the first bit, it's bullshit. There's no set of countries that have it right according to the standards of some anon on /tg/, and Europe and the US have no shortage of savage and backwards policies.

It's only a tautology if you view "people" as a monolith. For 99% of people most of the time, existing laws of the land DO create belief in the laws' justness. Real social rebellion of any kind is undertaken by a small proportion of the subpopulation that has grievances over which to rebel, which represent an even smaller proportion of the population of a country.

Countries that change their policy in response to that rebellion aren't doing so because the size of the rebellion (which is probably mostly marching and picketing, in democracies) is crippling their goals, they do so because they see a future in which it eventually could if that grievance is ignored. That usually involves the mostly-indifferent and unaffected 99% of the population seeing this social rebellion, and enough of them being swayed by it that they actually cause some kind of inconvenience.

Rarely does any (democratic) government even wait to be seriously affected before changing their policies, but regardless, it's a small group that does it. The population doesn't move together.
>>
>>50289044
>things that totally happened
>>
>>50287837
Lol, he just completely missed the point. Basically, "Yeah, that's right, you better check yourself before you wreck yourself."
>>
>>50288151
He said bulk. He meant bulk. What the fuck?
>>
>>50288392
If you're talking about the gif, the guy going full turbo in there is some sort of comedian.
>>
>>50289158
>existing laws of the land DO create belief in the laws' justness. Real social rebellion of any kind is undertaken by a small proportion of the subpopulation that has grievances over which to rebel, which represent an even smaller proportion of the population of a country.

Perhaps, the latter is true. But I doubt the former, practically always a law is only codified after it is expressed to be believed to be just by the people. While this might create people who do end up believing that laws are just because they are laws, that would be their mistake of interpretation. There is nearly always a ethical or otherwise reason that can be teased out of such laws.

>Countries that change their policy in response to that rebellion aren't doing so because the size of the rebellion (which is probably mostly marching and picketing, in democracies)
When I said rebellion, I was talking more about rebellions of ideas, overturning popular modes of thinking through social campaigning that while it may include marching and such, also includes changing public beliefs in the virtues and vices of certain actions. I don't really think that democracies change in response to the demonstrations or their possible future consequences per se, but rather change as the public's hearts and minds begin to sway.
>>
>>50288538
See a neurologist.
I sufferend deliriums and depression that seemed incurable for the multitude of psychologists and psychiatrists I saw through the years. Then I saw a neurologist and it turned out I had lymphoma. Chemo killed the cancer and the mental illness.
>>
>>50288584
Catholics didn't burn witches, it was the orthodox.
Catholics never believed in witches and the only reason they didn't blast the dominics in the balls with their maellus was because they needed as much people as possible for the crusades.
>>
>>50283442

>boogie when someone copyright strikes him for stealing their content
>>
>>50288859
>"these decks and plays were brought to you by Kraken Rum"

You have nobody to blame but yourself, but that's still really funny.
>>
>>50289353
This, believing in witchcraft/pangan powers was basically like saying "I don't believe God is fully in control of the world" which was blaspheme.

Doesn't mean the peasant didn't still believe, but official stance of the church was against such things.
>>
A guy kicked me in the shin during a dag game because he's a retard who tries to shield kick pretty often and almost always fucks it up.

I overheard that he took a rather sore hit to the lower back the previous week and I clocked him in it.

With a very heavy shield.

The rim end of the shield, where the foam is thinnest and the high density polyethylene plastic forms a slight edge to be specific.
>>
>>50288809
Whenever I see this kind of thing I'm legit not sure if its same fagging, Two people agreeing with each others lies or real
>>
>>50283442
Some edgy manchild throwing a tantrum and crying when he kept rolling low in D&D. Everyone in that game was a tryhard scumbag but he was the only one to have a legit freakout.
>>
>>50289413
"You suck dick at storytelling"; has anyone ever told you that before? If not that's surprising because you are bad, like really bad, terribad.
>>
>>50288721
Wait....are you one of those smart guys who is actually just a huge pussy, and uses being smart to justify being a huge pussy?

Getting hit is far from the worst thing in the world pussy.
>>
>>50289432
Mark, I'm sorry that your shitty Core fighter was somehow the weakest person in the party, even when compared to the 3.5 Warlock we had, or the homebrew Illidan-wannabe Demon Hunter that was shit at both hunting and being demonic. I'm also sorry that you'd end every session sobbing like a little bitch while tearing up your character sheet just because you missed an attack on some no-name bandit wandering owlbear.. But that's no reason to take it out on me. Btw, everyone knows that you fucked Felicia, who in addition to being fat, ugly, AND underage, also reeked of mildew and cat-piss. Hope whatever STD you got was worth it big guy. Too bad you can't catch self-respect.
>>
File: sidequests.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
sidequests.gif
2MB, 240x180px
There was this one guy who rage quitted a PF session played over skype because his waifu character died to Shadows.
Arguably, I think I am a worse offender since I once absolutely lost my shit when a GM tried to drop one too many sidequests in a bullshit game that was never going to end because of said sidequests. Pic related.
>>
File: bebop.jpg (9KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bebop.jpg
9KB, 500x375px
>>50286336
>>
>>50288045
There's a difference between a dog nipping in agitation. I was playing with my sister's dog one day and there was almost a bite accident. Kept taking the ball out of the dog's mouth before she fully had it. One time I wasn't so quick and the teeth dug in quite firmly. She immediately let loose, but there's red marks, punctures, could see it for an entire week and that was a non-malicious bite where she let go. If I had a dog that ever bit my arm in earnestness, I'd probably need stitches and have to put it down, I had failed this animal and it would now be a danger to others, I wouldn't be able to trust it.

If I had a friend that socked me in the jaw for real, I'm not sure I could trust that friend ever again. A few direct unexpected blows to the head are serious business, this isn't the movies and if I felt that could happen again, I feel I might very well be justified to report this as an assault case.

Holy shit, y'all are waaaay too cool about hitting each other in burger land. Or do you actually just play fight? Horsing around? I like it when a couple of female friends hit me in frustration when they're losing a game, but that's not real. It's even less real than the dog nipping your hand in frustration.
>>
>>50289568
Well it's not like we go for each others heads hard and fast with intents to knock each other out, more a bit of punching in the center of mass to settle a dispute, a few bruises here and there to be sure, but we ain't in danger of killing each other I don't think.

As for the dog thing, I dunno, I don't like killing animals just because they might somehow eventually hurt someone. Unless I had a dog that suddenly changed behavior and acted aggressive for a while, or has a pattern of attacks maybe, but one single incident I don't think is enough to kill over.
>>
>>50285214
On standard risk, the trick is to just get australia. I've found that if I can get and hold australia for the first two rounds, I can muster the troops to win in another three.
>>
>>50284803
Fucking underrated
>>
>>50288246
>daww I would so commit first degree murder over an argument on a taiwanese child slavery ring forum

>>50288291
No, no, this is normal.
>>50288341
Took me about three to four years before they found something that helped me. Psychiatry takes a fucking long ass time.
>>50288415
This kind of logic doesn't help. Sometimes the desperate need to hit true rock bottom for change to happen. They need to want it. You can't force change from outside. Also, lol at psychology students thinking they know shit about therapy and treatment of the mentally ill. If you wanna help people you shoulda done medicine/ psychiatry, not this half-assed "let's force people in weird situations and then draw conclusions" malarkey.

>>50288658
Why do asexuals have so much fucking baggage, god fucking damn it.

>>50289544
Reminds me of my pissiest moment: DM creating enemies that counter my shitty gimmicky builds specifically!
>>
>>50287540
>Being a woman...
Confirmed 12 year old.
>>
>>50289626
This is accurate
>>
>>50289697
I'm asexual and it barely ever comes up since the whole childfree lifestyle started getting traction and I don't have to justify me to everyone anymore.
I guess it comes down to the same as why trans and lesbians are such cunts, it's not the non-heteronormative condition, it's the coddling they get, how selfish they are and how they react when someone doesn't bend over to their lifestyle.
>>
>>50288538
Please. Don't harm yourself. I know what it's like to feel worthless. To feel like you're lower than dogshit and just taking up space. To be so far down and so lost in the dark you can't tell where up is anymore. I've been to therapists, doctors. psychiatrists. I've been on so many pill combinations it's ridiculous. I just started taking mine again after days of saying fuck it and melting down. This shit is a fight everyday. I think you can win this fight or you still wouldn't be here but you gotta believe that too! I suggest you try Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. It's the gold standard for treating depression.

Anyway, tl;dr: Don't give up. If you ever need someone to talk to, you can reach me at: [email protected]
Please take care.
>>
>>50287667
>I never bothered to learn the different games
Sounds like you had some preconceived notions of prejudice going into this situation already. Although he clearly didn't handle it well, when you have imprecise games like that which also work off line of sight mechanics it can get very frustrating.
>>
>>50283442
>running VtR
>get a guy that seems a bit too attached to his character
>takes him about a minute to describe him entering a building, because he needed to describe every detail on his eyebrows
>gets very defensive when presented with obstacles
>reach the bad guy of the session who kills a nurse to force him into a "follow me or save her" dilemma
>he attacks him despite being a non-combat character
>eventually two orderlies come and force him in a straight jacket
>"Whatever man, if I wanted to get my ass kicked by your godmode npcs I'd go play Pathfinder!"
>storms out

It was so awkward that me and the others were just looking at each other. Half a year later, it just seems absurd and petty.
>>
File: images1[1].jpg~c200.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
images1[1].jpg~c200.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>50289740
>>
>>50289727
lol okay kiddo
>>
>>50287718
>our (actually autistic) druid got pissed
So long as everyone at the table is aware that they will be playing with someone who is virtually unable to comprehend social subtleties, playing with someone who is autistic isn't terrible.

The issues come when players want to do something more "complex" and the autistic player can't/won't go along with it. Everyone is sort of forced to play at their level.

So as mean as it sounds, even though I have a mildly autistic brother myself, I wouldn't play with someone who has mental difficulties.
>>
>>50288380
this post is proof enough
>>
>>50287062
Glad you didn't punch any of them in the face.
>>
>>50288721
>wanted me to die as a result of getting hit
Literally what? Seriously, what the fuck?
>>
>>50288658
>...how she suspects she's asexual...
One of my girlfriend's work colleagues is basically a female version of a neckbeard. Which means she's interesting to talk to as you can bring up gaming shit and she'll be able to engage in the discussion in a way that's not hipster-ish.

But at the same time you can't even mention sex around her as she'll flip her lid and start talking about how she's asexual.

One time after getting annoyed with it I told her that she's not asexual she'd just rather masturbate than put the effort in to find another human.

We didn't talk for a time after that.
>>
>>50288739
Fucking Slavs
>>
>>50289787
Some can cope, some can't cope. I'm autistic and I run two gaming groups at the same time for about 6 years now or so. Talk to the guy, ask whether he can or he can't and make sure you're just not picking on the guy because he may be a shy boy or shit at expressing himself (everyone has difficult moments, don't they?)

>>50289829
There's this thing where these progressive politics or identity politics people have to just break up the game to talk about it and it's never in a cool "oh, yeah, thought I'd just let you know, I'm asexual, so I don't appreciate some of this sexual innuendo teehee." It's always this: I don't like the meaty girl and boy parts, hear me roar. Everyone is a douche to me about it and I DARE you, I double dare you motherfucker to be a douche to me about it as well. I am an attractive person and people harass me all the time and I can gather all the sympathy and social power with a flick of my wrist at this table.

And I'm just here playing a fucking level 3 troglodyte being all: "erm, so my initiative is -1, dungeon master, sir."
>>
Worst thing i saw was at a 40k tourny. Guy with beautifully painted orks was losing badly and the other guy was being smug about it.
Ork player loses his cool and literally just sweeps his arm across the table and pushes his models into his case snaps it shut and storms off. He only managed to get about 1/3 inside the case, the rest hit the floor and some snapped and as he stormed off he walked across others breaking them.

The TO gathered the orks but he never returned after that. I think his hobby died that day.
>>
>>50289907
>I'm autistic and I run two gaming groups at the same time
Autism is a spectrum measured by comprehension. There is no single cause of autism. If you do have autism then clearly you are very low on the spectrum/high functioning.

Notice I said "difficulties" if you really do have autism and you can have this conversation with me fine then I wouldn't consider you to have a problem.

>picking on the guy
I never said I was "picking on" anyone, however if your other players around the table have to constantly (for a lack of a better term) dumb down their playing style so that the autistic player isn't left behind then it quickly becomes a chore for them.
>>
>>50289960
Gaming is full of people who have notthing else in life worth living for.
Shamefully it also attracts omegas and autists, the two kinds of people least likely to notice and support a struggling person.

Hell even psychopaths can feign empathy for five minutes.
>>
>>50284741
Don't ever play Diplomacy.
>>
it's cool how this thread evolved into a psychology 101 discussion xD

i really love /tg/
>>
>>50289907
>...people have to just break up the game to talk about it...
Yeah cause that's what we go round our friend's houses to do on an evening, talk gender politics with someone who's already made up their mind that they're asexual just like a fucking amazonian toad!

>Everyone is a douche to me about it...
Then apply a small amount of deduction fuckwit if "everyone" is bringing it up then perhaps you're in the wrong.

>I am an attractive person and people harass me all the time and I can gather all the sympathy and social power with a flick of my wrist at this table.
Wow! You really have a wrapped opinion of yourself. Attractiveness isn't some kind of yard stick people judge you by. You're not in a relationship because the second you open your mouth to speak you put them right off.
>>
>>50290006
Every fucking time.
Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
File: 1476137362561.jpg (44KB, 251x231px) Image search: [Google]
1476137362561.jpg
44KB, 251x231px
>>50289986
>Gaming is full of people who have notthing else in life worth living for.
I suppose it makes sense games about living in an imaginary world where they can actually be somebody makes sense.
>>
>>50290031
How is this some big relation for you?
>>
>>50290034
revolution* shit
>>
File: revelation-1280[1].jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
revelation-1280[1].jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>50290034
>>50290042
lawl
>>
>>50289968
I'm glad we agree. Just pointing out you have odds of being able to make the experiences more enjoyable for everyone involved.

Anyway, I didn't say you singular may have been picking on the guy, I mean to say "my character uses Bob's character to bludgeon an enemy to death with" sounds a bit mean maybe? I can imagine a scenario where that happens where I would feel singled out.
>>
>>50289986
I think it's more like "gaming is full of people who think that they have nothing else in life worth living for" but yeah, you're essentially right
>>
>>50290031
I just want to be one of the main characters for once.
>>
>>50284646
Git Gud.
>>
>>50289438

No. He's not smart.
>>
I once had a screaming fit because I could not properly understand the rules of Inquisitor. I threw dice at my friends and everything.
>>
>>50283547
Something similar happened in my table more than once, also 3.5. One friend of mine gets pretty mad at his dice when his rolls go bad, one time he tossed his d20 straight out of the window, and other time he buried it in his backyard for about two weeks.
>>
>>50289816
> being new to the conversation
> not reading the conversation

So you decided to fail to contribute why?
>>
>>50288273
.?
>>
One guy broke out in a rage, insulting everyone at the table (playing Game of Thrones boardgame), including the newly introduced players. Now, to make this clear, this wasn't a session of fat neckbeards sitting in moms basement, it was people from work, coworkers and such. But the guy totally lost it. After he, sat down, picked up his phone and calmly said "I'm not part of the game any more, I quit", playing the silent treatment on us.
The atmosphere got really bad after that, and some of the players never got re-invited (or never wanted to come again), specially the females in the game, who at first thought he was just joking about it.
>>
Not really a freakout but still a dick move.
Good friend has us over at his place for a night of gaming. He just got the place, and has been wary of having us over because he knows how house parties usually end, but we reassure him we'll clean up. He only has one other rule, *don't sleep on the couch bed he and his girlfriend sleep on*
So everyone comes over and one of the guys is full-on depressed and insomniac. So at about eleven he falls asleep on the couch. Host doesn't notice, playing 40K, and when he does notice he begrudgingly allows it, the dude gets 2 nights of sleep a week.
Dude sleeps for a few hours and then wakes up.
Introduce Drinks. I'll call him that because he steals everyone's drinks at a bar or a club, doesn't care who's. He's doing that now. He doesn't play any games all night, just watches memes and try not to laugh compilations.
Then at 2am he falls asleep on the couch. Neither host nor I notice, we're in the other room. I eventually go off to sleep at four, wake up at eleven. Nobody stayed to clean up, house is a dump, drinks never apologised for sleeping on the couch, says it wasn't a big deal. I stay behind to clean up, host is fucking mad. He confronts them on Facebook later, they all mock him saying it wasn't a big deal, they all had shitty excuses for not cleaning up, give out to host for taking up the gaming table most of the night.
That was about a month ago, haven't seen him since. He left the Facebook group and hasn't been talking with us since. Everyone else calls him a dick about the ordeal and they still go on about it.
>>
>>50288692
>>50288759
A match made in heaven
>>
>>50283442
is he the same guy that flipped the table during a magic tournament?
>>
>My character, the lusty half-orc maid get's killed in battle.
>My god decides to give me another chance using the last of his power.
>YVELDA RETURNS TO CLEAN AGAIN.

Same group, a few sessions later.
>friends elven archer that he spent days writing the story for dies.
>tense atmosphere
>"First time I've ever done this".
>tears character sheet into pieces.

He stopped talking to the dm for like 2 months after.
>>
there is a tantrum thrown every single time my wife plays.
she cant fucking play a competitive game without bitching, moaning crying and throwing a fit.
she thinks a game should be fair to everyone.

we can only play with her at the table if it s a fucking coop game.

the worst was when i won a munchkin game without cheating while my father cheated like a cunt my 2 bros had 3 1handed weapons and 4 pair of boots and she kept on bitching how it was unfair she lost.. thou she had a point cause munchkin is shit.
>>
>>50288359
What causes nice parents to have horrible kids?
>>
>>50290965
Weakness.
In all honesty, it sounds fake though and I'm from a country where mollycoddling your kids well past their twenties is standard practice.
>>
>>50289740
>Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. It's the gold standard for treating depression.
I literally got kicked out of CBT and banned from it.

>Dr: You have a right to express your emotions.
>Me:If I express my emotions I'll have no place in society.
>Dr: Seriously you have that right, no one can take that away.
>Me: Emotional rant, revealing my true feelings.
>Dr: Anon, you're going to have to leave now.
>>
>>50283547
He should do the salt water test on his dice, some are made bad and always roll low because the weight distribution is that way.
>>
>>50291001
are you a sociopath
>>
>>50291001
Rule numero uno friend, never tell the full truth, and never trust anyone who tells you you can trust them.
>>
>>50289816
>>wanted me to die as a result of getting hit
>Literally what? Seriously, what the fuck?
Shit happens. One good punch to the head and the other guy is done.

Story on the news last year - guy dings his friends truck.
Tells friend to punch him so that they're even.
Dead right there.
>>
>>50283442
>What's the worst /tg/-related freakout you've ever witnessed?

This thread?
>>
>>50289829
>a female version of a neckbeard

We call them 'leg-beards'.
>>
>>50291001
>I literally got kicked out of CBT and banned from it.
>taking your fetish too hard
>>
>>50288341
>>50288538
I know how that feels kinda. Worst part is when you start to feel a little bit of happiness and then something happens either to you or to people around you. Eventually you stop trying.

I just let my wife make decisions for me now. Better that way.
>>
>>50288739
>>50288687
Oleg is not Swedish
We do have Ola and Olof and Helge
>>
>>50283442
>"That guy" shows up on time for once, we're all a little bit surprised, we play and gm rolls a nat 20.
>"That guy" literally throws his rule book at the gm.
>We look at "That guy" and tell them to leave and not come back.
>He's on his way out as he remembers his rulebook
>We've already tossed it into the fire pit

fucker was a pain even before then, glad we got rid of him finally.
>>
>>50290333
>>50291223
No one punches you with the intention of killing you. They may kill you, but it isn't on purpose.
>>
>>50291383
This was informative, and I now know that my shit post should have been about Russians or Danes. Thank you.
>>
>>50291521
When you get in your truck drunk you aren't intending to crash it and when you blow your load in a girl you aren't intending to get her pregnant.

If you're not a fucking idiot you should be aware of the potential consequences of your actions.
>>
why did this thread devolve into a 50 post argument trying to argue it's normal and cool to punch your friends?
>>
>>50283461
fucking brutal.
>>
>>50291521
Except, you know, anyone who ever attempted to beat anyone to death.
>>
>>50291756
Because of my story, and one particularly autistic troll.
>>
>>50288584
Catholic rarely burnt witches. For example, in my country, Spain, we were too busy judging and burning jews, muslims and protestants to start making up witches. In any case, killing witches was more a protestant thing.
>>
>>50291826
It's probably been said several times already but you're the epitome of a sore loser

I wouldn't be surprised if it got around as pasta
>>
>>50291847
Yeah, I was. I have a lot of rage issues. But that was several years ago, and I've had court- ordered therapy since then.
>>
>>50284646
>punching someone trying to apologize
>after freaking out over a board game

Are these people still your friends? They have the patience of saints in that case.
>>
>>50287971
This. My experience is that those who claim to be good or smart are usually jerks or kinda dumb. Margaret Thatcher said it best "power is like being a lady, if you have to tell people that you are, then you aren't"

>im a good person

Not your decision.
>>
>>50289768
I actually like when people on this fucking asscrack of human race called 4chan are suprisingly nice to each other. Maybe everyone isn't a shithead. Maybe humanity is not overrated.

I get a warm feeling. I hope the mental anon gets his life together, because there are good things sometimes
>>
>>50289995
Diplomacy is best at the start of the game. It has the problem of snowball effect, otherwise it's fun.

>Oops I accidentally blocked your navy my dear ally. Didn't mean to.
>>
>>50291987
Well, they were, but not anymore. A few days later we all got together and apologized. I shouldn't have lashed out or let my anger get the better of me, they shouldn't have kept me in a game I obviously wasn't winning and they felt like jerks.

About six months later (we still gamed every week) I got arrested for assault. Got into a big fight at a bar.

Anyway, after my arrest those friends refused to see me.
>>
>>50288246
>HURR I'D MURDER YOU BUT YOU'RE THE SHITTY PERSON HERE, ANON!

Literally less human than a Gorilla.
>>
>>50287540
>Being a woman, her ego is incapable to taking a joke at her expense lying down
Dude, that is not an ability solely reserved for girl.
Know a guy who never shows any kind of self humor and takes attacks ingame very personal. Funnily though he likes to conspire against other all the time and plays characters with some ulterior motives.
>>
>>50288397
So, people in your area just hit each other and hope the other person fucking guesses randomly what they were attacked by a hambeast over?

The fuck do you live? The Levant?

I know you don't know what words mean, but people can in fact use them to inform others what they're doing wrong, like grown ass adults instead of nigger hambeasts.
>>
>>50287750
God I hope you aren't American
>>
>>50291813
No one throwing a single punch is doing that.
>>
>>50291687
>blowing a load in a girl and not expecting her to get pregnant
Lol
>>
>>50292134
>flip table
>punch friend in the face when he tries to apologize
>friends forgive you
>get arrested
>never speak to you again
I don't get it.
>>
>>50288673
In my country you'd get a talking to by the police, you might go to court but you wouldn't serve time. Just get like, a strike that wouldn't impact anything after a few years of not being a savage.
>>
>>50292180
Gorillas avoid violent conflicts between group members whenever they can.

They often settle disputes and grievances by proxy acts of violence. They will tear apart vegetation or pound the ground.

Eventually one gorilla will back down and the dispute will be settled.
This method allows the Gorillas to vent their social frustrations in a non-violent manner and come to a peaceful conclusion.

Don't shit on Gorillas anon. We humans could learn a thing or two from them.
>>
>>50292271
Yeah,I never understood either.

The only explanation I could come up with is that they were "Good Christian Folk" and could forgive me for one transgression, but not another for some hypocritical reason.

Never got the chance to talk to them, so i don't really know. I hope I'm totally wrong.
>>
>>50284646
Ive picked 4 fights in the last year after not fighting for years and years and i never regret it. Its always when someone is ignoring or brushing off what i am saying and then making a counter arguement.
>>
>>50292295
>We humans could learn a thing or two from them.
But did gorillas invent tits, booze, anime porn and table top gaming?

I don't think so.

Humans a zillion
Gorillas zilch
>>
>>50292351
You sound like you have poor anger management.
>>
>>50283442
A 30-year old guy sperged out at a newgirl freshman player in a 5-person game because she lightning bolted his myr on her turn. She wasn't "playing the game right" because she used an instant on her turn. He went on a rant, got really red in the face, and folded that turn. He spent the reat of the game in silence with his arms crossed staring directly at the girl, as though he was making some righteous statement against injustice. From an 18-year-old girl. The rest of the game was awkward as hell. He ruined it for everyone.

Last I heard, the girl graduated in CS and has a fulltime job while sperg still sits in the "gamer hole" on campus playing old Nintendo games and mtg.
>>
>>50287540
[spoilers] she wants the dick[/spoilers]
>>
>>50292396
>the girl graduated in CS and has a fulltime job
Gotta fill those diversity quotas eh?
>>
>>50292351
>ignoring what I say
>making a counter argument
Literally the opposite thing.
>>
>>50290013
>>Everyone is a douche to me about it...
>Then apply a small amount of deduction fuckwit if "everyone" is bringing it up then perhaps you're in the wrong.
>>I am an attractive person and people harass me all the time and I can gather all the sympathy and social power with a flick of my wrist at this table.
>Wow! You really have a wrapped opinion of yourself. Attractiveness isn't some kind of yard stick people judge you by. You're not in a relationship because the second you open your mouth to speak you put them right off.

He was talking about the other person in these posts, not himself.
>>
>>50287540
I'm surprised only 3 people took your b8 m8
>>
>>50292396
>not playing instants on your turn
I find it's better in a lot of situations, he's not only autistic but shit at MTG.
>>
>>50292295
>Don't shit on Gorillas anon
I was saying Gorillas are more human than violentthugcunt, that they were better people than him. Not that they are violent.
>>
>>50292425
Original and hilarious
>>
File: 1476042238857.jpg (32KB, 338x328px) Image search: [Google]
1476042238857.jpg
32KB, 338x328px
>>50289829
>tfw asexual
>tfw I still make dick jokes
>Not triggered by sex
>feelsgoodman
>>
>>50292506
Thanks, I'll be here all week. You're a wonderful audience.
>>
>>50283442
Sadly I wasn't around to witness it but aparantly some autistic lesbian got mad at someone after a game of magic and ripped up one of their opponents cards.

The worst part is, people at the store seem to defend her
>>
>>50292425
It's ok to be jealous, anon-kun. I'd be jealous if I was poor and some girl with a degree was making money right out of college.
>>
>>50292528
Never go to that store again.
>>
>>50292525
>Asexual
>Not triggered by sex
How though, sex is honestly pretty gross if you don't have hormonal responses like oxytocin and the others suppressing your disgust reflex and making you j-j-jam it in.
>>
>>50292545
Not him, but I think it may be that he doesn't have some weird need to flip the fuck out at people.
>>
>>50292396
How'd the girl react.
>>
>>50292539
It's not the poor part that bothers me.

It's the part where they don't have to compete with 10000 Chinese guys who are like the top .001% of students in the world who've been trained from birth to have no mercy and ace a test just be looking at it who could afford to move out of china on a scholarship and fucking study at my local uni getting straight A+s for days so much that a regular A looks like a C and a A- looks like an F. So damn straight I'm jealous. If only one of the ethnicitys i got in my blood was oppressed, but alas my enormous male "white" privilege prevents me from making my mediocre skills into a cash flow so I don't have to live in a rat and silverfish infested apartment in the shitty part of town ;_;
>>
>>50291756
beacuse it is, redpill yourself
>>
>>50292614
It's hilarious that you say this, because 85% of the developers at my company are male and white. There are no asians, and we're right across a college campus filled with exchange students due to military proximity. We get college interns all the time. Literally every one I've seen (save one girl) was male and white. I only know of 4 female developers in the whole company, including the intern. Two of them are the tech leads on projects.

Have you ever considered that you just suck?
>>
>>50292670
>Developers
What are you talking about?
>At my company
Which is what?
>>
>>50292377
When people continually try to drag a newtype down into alpha/beta dichotomy sometimes you have to fight back. People respect you a hell of alot more when they know they cant slowly drag you into the sand.

>>50292432
Counter argument was a poor way of me explaining it.
>>
>>50288273
>>50290596
>River Runs Red Once a Month.
>>
>>50292614
Also, they still have to compete with those people. Diversity quotas mean only so much when compared to the skill of the programmer. Because skill and productivity determine the company's success, not diversity quotas.
>>
>>50292715
> Because skill and productivity determine the company's success, not diversity quotas.
There are many people, mostly who are proponents of diversity quotas who believe this is untrue.
>>
>>50292693
Developers=software developers=CS/CEG majors

>my company
Like I'd tell you over the interwebs.
>>
>>50292670
I'm not talking about code monkey jobs ya dingus, I'm talking about in the "profession" I'm studying for. It's really disheartening when every time I see a major paper being cited and every time the credit is some Chinese name, and see half the commercial and noncommercial labs being run by these guys. Fucking globalism ruined everything for us slightly above average Joes, we used to be able to scrape by, now what can we do?
>>
>>50287782
But... Alluring Siren doesn't force creatures to fight. It forces creatures to /attack./ That doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>50292772
>what can we do?
Git gud.

Also, anon was talking about CS majors/jobs so I assumed that's also what you were talking about. What is your profession?
>>
>>50292134
Please anon, you have to calm down. I don't even care that you got mad in the past and punched your friends and got arrested, just calm down.
>>
>>50292811
Dude, I'm perfectly calm, im just presenting the facts. Also, therapy helps. What makes you think I'm mad?
>>
>>50288106
>you should get hit so hard you die
Dude. You are a psycho. Hitting people over a board game is pathetic. I wouldn't sue over it, but i wouldn't be friends with that person anymore.

Im with coldbro. People like you who think punching a person in the face should go to jail for just that action. Im sorry you cant handle your emotions bro.
>>
>>50288246
You forgot to let him know about your gorilla warfare training, Anon-kun
>>
>>50292805
>Git gud
That's not how it works though, you're either born with a high potential and manage not to eat paint chips or get dropped on your head growing up to reach your full potential or you are doomed to mediocrity. Sucks, but that's the way the cookie crumples. It was just a bit easier to get by even for mediocre people before all this globalization.

>What is your profession?
Well profession was in quotes because I wanted to eventually become a tenured and respectable professor after clawing my way to the top and running my own lab like me mum, but there's not much chance of that happening these days. Too little funding, too much competition, and I'm just not good enough to beat the competition.
>>
>>50292898
>Sucks, but that's the way the cookie crumples
Maybe that defeatist attitude is what's keeping you from getting gud?
>>
>>50283442
Dat clumsy, two ham-fisted hammer blow.
I would have to kick his shit in for flipping the game table desu.
>>
>>50288150
Funny, I've punched a guy friend for the exactly same quip.
>>
>>50292962
Nope, that's a bad luck of the draw when it came to genetics, being born to parents who were above the prime age for breeding causing more than a few negative de novo mutations, and shit environment growing up due to unforeseen circumstances. Tried playing the game by the rules given and lost fair and square (well fair as gambling can be). Maybe 100 years ago I could have been someone who got written down as some sidenote to a footnote in an encylopedia, but today, fat chance of that. Too many people out there vying to be the best, just can't win without lady luck blessing you.
>>
>>50289158
this. this post is the worst tg freak-out I've ever seen
>>
>>50293093
>there's no way to improve my prospects because I'm wired wrong
Welp. Have fun being a quitter and living in mediocrity, I guess.
>>
>>50291224
a-fuckin'-men
>>
>>50293082
ok autist
>>
>>50293192
It's not about fun, it's about accepting how the world works. Dying doesn't sound great, but I accept that I am going to die, because that is how life works. Similarly I accept that nearly every credible piece of scientific evidence confirms what I have said, and I do not see the point in crying and screaming hoping something immutable can be changed.
>>
>>50291224
So you are a newbie then? Or are you just Alzheimers and forgetting the spergatastic horror of coasters
>>
>>50293093
>I have secondary intelligence
I believe you.
>>
>>50289753
>VtR

Found your problem.
>>
>>50287062
I had similar moments online gaming, when I was getting irrationaly angry and then someone just goes "Shut up, you're being a faggot" and I realize I really am and stop it.
>>
>>50293093
Anon, I agree with you, but greatness is subjective. Please forgive my metaphor, but you don't need to roll good stats at character creation to leave a positive impact on the world.
>>
>>50292850
No I don't mean that you're mad right now. Just be calm in real life.
>>
>>50293721
Rumor has it that he wants to be the very best, like no Asian ever was.
>>
>>50293093
Try living in Russia and then come back and tell us about unfavorable conditions, shit environment and losing in the lottery.
>>
>>50288983
This isn't a discussion about whether or not hitting people is okay.
It's a discussion about whether or not it's okay to immedietly burn bridges with your friend by calling the police on them and ruining the entire night for everyone because you can't forgive other people.
>>
>>50293093
You understand that anyone could use this excuse right? I mean you're on 4chan atm so you're clearly working at max efficiency.
>>
I once had a friend throw a jar of glass stones at me when he lost a game of Anachronism.
>>
>>50283442
/qst/ was pretty bad for a while.

Honestly I don't give a fuck either way, closing a thread or opening a new tab, neither is a difficult thing to do.

Anti-Quest fags were pretty insufferable about it. As were Quest fags.

Personally I'm pretty fucking sure Hiroshimoot did it to try and actually grow the site, seeing that there was the possibility of drawing in people both from other boards that do Quests and from outside 4chan to a Quest specific board. Like, specialize, then advertise. More blue boards = more ads. You'll notice it happened during the whole "Where is J-list?" time as well.

Sadly the Mods of /qst/ are fucking retards, and most of the community there is too. There really should be more interaction for supporting /qst/ related activities. Like a Quest Worldbuilding Thread once a week or month or something where people can come in and discuss how to worldbuild, where to link shit for referencing (give the suptg guy some goddamn support already), how to balance power levels, hell even discussions on different dice on 4chan. Best of 3 d20? 3d10 x 3 against a DC, with Crit fail, Fail, Success, and Great Success depending on how many of the 3d10 rolls pass the DC? Dice pools so more people can roll? Having the DM roll?

Maybe look into hooking up some sort of /qst/ recording to podcast the quest, or integrate some sort of chatroom like the IRCabals.

Try to actually support the bigger/longer running quests and make filthy lucre by shilling QM passes as an option for technical support for shit. IDFK, maybe just do a raffle or something.

Quests are already pretty much communities, Hiroshimoot should try and support them so that he can go to advertisers and say "Hey, want an ad for your new 4x game to pop up in Space related quests?" "Hey, there's a pretty D&D quest, want an ad for your wizard shit there?" "Look, a fetish quest! Shill some leather to those deviants!"

I mean, the possibilities for targeted advertising are pretty fucking good.
>>
Not really a freakout because all the people I've ever played with are passive-agressive shits.

Our D&D campaign had a couple who played with us since the beginning, guy was (and is) a total pushover wimp and his girlfriend is the single most hedonist, pushy entity I've ever met.

She makes him carry everything, character sheets included, for her. One day we sit down to play and he forgets to pull out her sheet and she doesn't say anything, the session starts and its mostly RP, barely any rolls at all, until the DM asks her to roll and she needs her sheet for something, she loudly tells her bf "UHM YOU DIDN'T GIVE ME MY SHEET," he says sorry and pulls it out for her and she just retorts "NO, KEEP IT I DON'T WANNA PLAY I DON'T GIVE A SHIT" and just stayed there pouting on her phone while the campaign went on.

This really surprised no one since she's the kind to beat games with a Gameshark/Genie and then gloat about it online.
>>
>>50294014
That doesn't mean it's wrong though.
>>
File: arborial forest.jpg (3MB, 2400x1350px) Image search: [Google]
arborial forest.jpg
3MB, 2400x1350px
>>50293888
>Shit environment
But Russia is very pretty, please come visit and spent much money.
>>
>>50292696
I hope someone stabs you in the fucking liver, you goddamn chimp.
>>
>>50284646
I shit myself twice in my adult life. Both times after long periods of drinking lots and eating little. Both times when I got punched unexpectedly. Both times completely surrounded by friends. Both times I had to look like a complete coward as I fled from a fight to clean my shit-stained pants.
Both times never got found out. Also redeemed myself by fighting bigger guys plenty of times after, but I'll never ever forget the times I shit my pants and ran.
>>
>>50292545
I joke about sex all the time, it stopped feeling akward when I stopped being a selfish bitch and starting noticing the social cues of arousement and embarassment.

What seems to trigger other asexuals is not getting those cues, kinda like autists of sex.
>>
File: smug2.jpg (97KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
smug2.jpg
97KB, 1200x675px
>>50284803
If your child is that shitty, god is right to punish you.
>>
>>50293238
>evidence
Where?
>>
>>50294117
This desu fampaitchi
>>
>>50295767
For which specific claim do you wish the evidence?
>>
>>50283442
Two LARPers trying to literally kill each other, using branches they've picked up from the ground. In the end, the refree ended up with smashed hand, trying to separate them.

Shit wasn't funny at all.
>>
>>50295938
All of it, really.
>>
>>50296043
Do you know why?
>>
>>50296070
That will take too long, chose something inb4 4O4
>>
>>50296109
The idea that your fate is predetermined, and that hard work and determination can't change your place.
>>
>>50290965
Nice but ineffectual.
>>
>>50291001
>I've had a shitty shrink, ergo, all shrinks are shitty.
>>
>>50296151
Cause and effect, everything is just something logically following another thing. Everything we do as systems is just in reaction to the systems around us reacting to the systems around them and the ripples reaching back through time.

But if you meant specifically the whole level of achievement thing, in the case of academics it's because from what we understand people almost always maintain a level of intellectual functioning that doesn't really get better only worse. It's more about your genetics (60-80% heritable is the figure that twin studies generally report) and how you are physically are wired and what chemicals/abuse/whatever you are exposed to growing up. Since we know that, if you know you aren't the brightest guy it's kind of really pointless to try to be the next Newton, or Von Neumann or what have you. It's just something that leads to pain and suffering, it's better to accept what you are than try to be something you aren't and probably can't ever be, this is true about most things humans aspire to be.
>>
>>50292349
Nah, what's more likely is that they saw a downward spiral pattern of behaviour and said, Not for us, thanks. Were you drinking, anon? I used to fuck up like that when I boozed. Don't drink now and my life's immeasurably better.
>>
>>50296287
You said you had scientific evidence. Glancing at your post, there are no quotes or links to research papers. Try again.
>>
File: Ateanork.png (9KB, 474x198px) Image search: [Google]
Ateanork.png
9KB, 474x198px
>>50289960
>>
>>50296306
I gave you the figure, search "Twin study" "heritable" and "intelligence" if you want specific papers, I believe there's even a meta analysis, ah here let me post it for you since I doubt you'll bother looking if I don't do everything http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v47/n7/full/ng.3285.html, it includes some less significant studies, but it does still enforce my point.

The fact that intelligence is generally constant except for decline is the founding principle of psychometrics, G-scores and the fact that they are statistically consistent over time.

The rest is prima facie logic which does not require a paper to back up which stands or falls on it's own merits.
>>
>>50296287
>I can't be new Newton!
>I couldn't even try to neck myself!
>But I've collected evidence that it isn't my fault I don't try to outdo myself

Dude, your sense of worth shouldn't be tied to fame. I'd say it shouldn't be based solely on rational reasons, either, but I'm not really up to debate on this.
>>
>>50296529
I was using those examples as people who did exemplary things and were also regarded as top of their class. Not because they were famous, which is beside the point.

The point is, why bother if you won't be anything but mediocre. Why make an effort if you will never do or create a single thing of worth and you know that fact?
>>
>>50296625
That's the thing, though. You don't know that. Nothing is certain.
>>
>>50296710
Death
Taxes

Also yeah, you kind of do know. If you aren't very smart, you've got such an infinitesimally small chance of waking up tomorrow and being the next Einstein that it may as well be 0. Same if you couldn't even draw a fingerpainting and wanted to be the next van gogh, or was a fat asthmatic who wanted to beat the kenyan dash record. The possibilities of these things are so stupidtly tiny hoping on them will only bring pain. Like that old drunk who keeps buying lotto tickets even though he would be so much happier if he just stopped buying the tickets every day and used the money to help himself.
>>
>>50296784
Your premise is flawed, because you forget that one can work for their goals. Obviously, I'm not going to wake up a fucking sprinter tomorrow, but if I train every day and eat and live the right way, I can get there.
>>
>>50296924
You may get to amateur sprinting level, but unless you get lucky, you will never get to a superior level of performance. Because in the end that's what it comes down to, getting lucky enough to be born with innate capability.

Just wanting something isn't enough, if it were there would be hundreds, if not thousands or hundreds of thousands of masters. There is no shortage of people who are insanely driven in this world of nearly 8 billion, Yet so few actually make it to the top, or close to the top. That's just how it is, luck of the draw, spin of the wheel, fate, whatever you want to call it. It's not fair, but then again no one ever said life was.
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.