[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does the warhammer 40k crowd crowd think of the kroot? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 19

File: image.jpg (33KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 600x620px
What does the warhammer 40k crowd crowd think of the kroot? I've never played the game itself but I run one of these guys in a rogue trader game.
>>
>>50278889
>What does the warhammer 40k crowd crowd think of the kroot?
It's shit.
/thread
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 245x206px
>>50278968
i've never seen fpbp apply even more
>>
One of the most cost-efficient snipers harassers.
>>
Everyone loves the kute. Avian shaminic carnivore mercs that become what they eat.
In the crunchy, they are cheap harassment, but otherwise aren't special.
>>
>>50278889
I would have preferred to see Tau with more stuff like this instead of Muh Robots.

But the fucktard that wrote the Vespids did not get why people were not buying them so they went another route.
>>
>>50278889
I think they're like 10x better tha the Tau theselves because they engage in glorious melee combat as every civilized race does.
>>
>>50278889
An exemplar of why initial Tau fluff was good and interesting, and why 6/7E Tau fluff is garbage.
>>
File: 300px-KrootWarsphere.png (118KB, 300x211px) Image search: [Google]
300px-KrootWarsphere.png
118KB, 300x211px
What do Kroot wear while doing stuff in space?
>>
>>50280507
Presumably void-suits. Despite their primitive ways they had relatively advanced technology even before the Tau found them.
>>
>>50279005
>>50278968
>not liking kroot

/v/ invader fagboys detected

Kroot and the other auxilliaries are the only interesting part of the Tau Empire
>>
>>50280548
They have hi tech and access to complex stuff. They choose not to use it unless they have to in order to keep their people from going soft (like the tau)
>>
>>50278889
I used to play Kroot Mercenaries.
Needless to say that I'm more than a little salty that any interest in auxiliaries was abandoned in favor of Muh Giant Robutts.

>>50280502
This. They should have expanded on the aliens, not shat on established lore.
>>
>>50280639
Also the Tau don't like them having toys of their own
>>
>>50278889
I think they're awesome and deserve to be expanded on more. In particular, I feel they're held back by being in the Tai codex, especially since they're explicitly stated as being only frequent mercenaries the Tau hire.

A Kroot Mercenaries codex would be great. Sadly, I'm guessing there isn't much of a demand for it.
>>
>>50278889
I like their aesthetic but I hate that them eating things transforms them. I'd rather them just acquire some (not all) of the knowledge of prey they eat, which lets them 'transform' in a less literal fashion.
>>
File: IMG_2012.jpg (193KB, 900x633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2012.jpg
193KB, 900x633px
I'm Kroot
>>
File: IMG_2013.jpg (44KB, 488x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2013.jpg
44KB, 488x480px
>>50280761
"I know! You I have told me who you are the on the ride here!"

>I'm Kroot.

"I swear if you said that one more time I'll..."

>I'm Kro...

"Ok that's it!"
>>
>>50280761
>>50280798
>A Kroot Scientist
>A loudmouthed Demiurge bounty hunter
>A Human Pirate
>Whatever the fuck Drax and Ghamora are

They are: The Guardians of Tau Space
>>
>>50280889
>A Kroot scientist
>Demiurge
>Human pirate
>Ogryn BONE'ead with Tau enhancements
>Eldar corsair
>>
>>50280963
fund it
>>
>>50280963
Kek, I want to see this so badly.
>>
>>50278889
Insanely underutilised. the problem is that GW put the interesting alien auxiliaries in the same army as the mecha. People prefer mecha to birdmen, so 90% of tau sales are mecha. Auxiliaries become more difficult to find as gw make fewer, mechs become easier to find as production is increased, a vicious cycle emerges.
Nowadays tau barely have any units that aren't mecha. it's easy to run an army that is 100% mecha, while vehicles, air support and aux. become neglected.
I mean, I love full mecha tau, I just wish we had more options. Kroot really would work better as their own codex at this stage, and it would allow gw to re-introduce the discontinued FW models.
>>
>>50281265
>Kroot really would work better as their own codex at this stage, and it would allow gw to re-introduce the discontinued FW models.

There would have to be a massive influx of new plastic. They are worse off, model-wise, than SoBs at this point. They have a single (really old) plastic troop kit and far less variety in their resin metal : ( models. Krootox, Kroothounds, Shaper. And that's everybody.

TL;DR: GW will never give you what you want
>>
>>50281498
There are, of course, the sculpts of knarloc riders and the great knarlocs. There were also official rules released while ago allowing you to take an all-kroot army, letting you covert winged kroot as fast attack and the like,
>>
>>50280889
>The Guardians of Tau Space
> Don't care/Pretend not to care about the Greater Good.
> End up saving the day anyway
> Ethereal thanks them for their works for the greater good no matter how self-serving they try to be
>>
I'd forgotten that they existed
>>
>>50278889

They lost an attack and a point of strength, for this they dropped a point. I remain mad to this day.
>>
>>50280711
You have muhreens for brain eating knowledge.
>>
>>50281836

This ability has been always way too weird and kirky for me. I'd rather forget they can do it along with the acid saliva thing.
>>
>>50278889
I originally ran a kroot/pathfinder/stealthsuits list way back when tau could have a list with just a squad of xv8s.

Remember when tau fighting doctrine was about the combined assault. Using tanks, aircraft, artillary and infantry under one commander in contrast to the guard who spilt everything up. And they thought giant Titans where a really bad idea and just sent planes to blow them up from miles away? And how they encouraged other xenos to join and use there specific battlefield roles to fill gaps in there own?

>I'm salty, I liked tau before it was cool.
>>
>>50278889
Is there a tau book among the 40k RPG?
I don't know much about 40k RPG.
>>
>>50281895
>Kirky
I will never see classic Star Trek the same
>>
>>50281937

Yes. There's at least one for Firewarriors. I believe it is in Rogue Trader.
>>
File: 2re4m4m[1].jpg (58KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2re4m4m[1].jpg
58KB, 600x900px
>>50280356
I love the good ol' colonial tree jumping musket mohican aspect.

And they were responsible for the greatest victory ever achieved in warhammer 40k.
>>
Kroot are badass.

Insane biology and great warriors, but getting c u c k e d by the Tau.
>>
>>50281937
Kroot are a playable race in Rogue Trader. Check the "Into the Storm" supplement for them.
>>
File: _MG_9249x-02.jpg (21KB, 364x546px) Image search: [Google]
_MG_9249x-02.jpg
21KB, 364x546px
>Tau would never have big suits because they're inefficient and illogical

Fuck you for ruining them GW.

Still don't have a Kroot Bird
>>
Nice glasscanon in the first codex, GW insistence in nerfing them and giving them shooty options instead of choppy ones didn't help the kroots.
Fluffwise, they're cool. They appear in the second Last Chancers book.

>>50278968
>/threading your own post
>>
>>50282029
>>50282082
I was less thinking of playing a tau/kroot character and more playing in tau space/ship.
Like an tau exploration team or something.
>>
>>50282327
It's okay anon, We're all in there together.
>>
>>50281265
Kroot would do best, I think, as a Forge World Tau Auxiliary/Alien Mercenary list. Bring back the old FW models, add some new ones for commanders and stuff, and add some new Vespid, some Demiurg, Tarrelians, Sarhaduin... it could be great, really.
>>
>>50280507
>>50280548
up until a particular kindred have killed and eaten a star-whale or something and worked out how to make their next generation abel to survive unprotected in the void
>>
File: Kroot_en_Knarloc.jpg (85KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Kroot_en_Knarloc.jpg
85KB, 873x627px
>>50278889
Most based race
>>
File: knarloc_01.jpg (1MB, 2500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
knarloc_01.jpg
1MB, 2500x1875px
>>50278889
As many others have said, it is a real shame that auxiliaries are being forgotten in favour of gundam. We all like suits, but would love to have other viable options. Also, the Riptide is the biggest they should have gone. Fuck the Stormsurge.

Also, Make Hammerheads Great Again.
>>
>>50282739
Agreed.
>>
>>50282739
They need to be more kroot units in the tau codex. More auxiliaries in general.
>>
>>50282065
I will never not chuckle at that photo.
>>
>>50282065
What?
>>
>>50278889

I wish they had better rules, because they cool, but they shit.
>>
>>50284117
A tau player that beat a white scars army on turn one.

Just look up "tau vs white scars."
>>
>>50284437
Will do. Thanks
>>
>13 years old and what is this
>have small Tyranid army
>suddenly gee dubs drops the bomb on me
>they're coming out with an ENTIRELY NEW FACTION
>it's called Tau
>they're a random coalition of aliens working together to survive in a universe that no longer makes sense
>also jump suits (I had just read Starship Troopers around this time so it was the tightest shit)
>later they develop an entire list just for Kroot, go balls deep in it
>look forward to the other races in the Tau Empire and if they'll get their own lists
>think it's so neat and limitless design space
>years pass
>Kroot list discarded
>we hear you like Crisis Suits so we made a crisis suit tripled in size, a Crisis Suit jacuzzi missile launcher (quadrupled in size though so you know it's good), and Forge World has a really really extra large Crisis Suit
>drop 40k
It's reaching Star Wars EU levels of not getting the point of the original fluff.
>>
>>50284781
Are you me?
All I wanted was Kroot. Originally I ran the tau commander and all kroot (with krootox)
Then white dwarf had that kroot only jam. It was a dream come true.
>>
>>50278889
Fun fact:
The GW design studio couldn't make up their minds between making Kroot or Tau the new army. So they did both.

Tau should have been the 'Dogs of War' book of 40k. Alas it wasn't meant to be.
>>
>>50278889
Is there anyway you could make a fantasy version of them? I love the looks and their entire carnivore evolution thing is pretty neat.
>>
>>50288475
Beastmen that eat you?
>>
>>50280507
They eat space suits and absorb space suit power
>>
>>50284781
>original fluff
>tau realise how retarded gigagiant robots are, and instead use Mantas and Tigersharks retrofitted with twin railcannons to counter them.
>all that potential for alien mercs, kroot, vespid, nicassar, guevesa, tarellian dog soldiers, Galg, Demiurg...

>newfluff
>BIGGGGERRRR!
>no mercs, Tau only, final destination
>>
>>50289128
Well they did succeed on that groundbreaking nova reactor which is essentially miniaturized starship reactor that can be fitted on a battsuit. With that kind of tech revolutio things usually get bit crazy. Lorewise ripitde was ok in my books but stormsurge should have been a tank or something. Then again tau was most well known for their suits so it's kind of logical to expand on that theme.
Besides with all the genestealer cults and deathwatch and admech getting models and codicies it's pretty much given that kroots will get theirs someday. You can quote me on this.
>>
>>50289407
>lore reasons tau can now can have giant battlesuits
I guess I miss the days when tau were air cavalry and mercs
i want to believe, but I can't until i see the physical proof of plastic sisters in real life.
>>
Background has always hyped them as deadly melee fighters, but the recent Codexes reduced their melee prowess to the equal of guardsmen for some reason

But you can make them all snipers and buff them with markerlights, so that can be alright
>>
Alright, since it's the first time I've seen people discuss the exoarmor inflation, I made a strawpoll to see what /tg/ thinks on the matter.
Taufags, assemble.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11677936
>>
SHAPER SAY, WE OBEY
>>
>>50278889
I like kroot but i dont like Tau.
I want them to have their own codex again but i dont think thats happening. If you aint Human you aint getting anything these days.
>>
Pretty sure kroot were a concept they had floating around that they shoe-horned into tau because they liked it and wanted to use it. I certainly read the word "kroot" thrown around before they were an army. Probably in WD.

Unfortunately, kroot are one of those 40k things that would be awesome if 40k were more of an RPG, but don't have much of a place in the tabletop game of marines vs. marines.

Also, they are hurt by being associated with tau.
>>
>>50290241
>http://www.strawpoll.me/11677936
see, i don't mind SOME giant robots, chicks dig 'em.
but it's gotten to the point where all the attention is just on them. and all the old neat concepts were never really expanded upon properly.
>>
File: kroot+3rd+edition[1].jpg (46KB, 358x400px) Image search: [Google]
kroot+3rd+edition[1].jpg
46KB, 358x400px
>>50290403
they were present in a sketch in the 3rd edition rulebook, as well as a necron and others.
>>
>>50290437
Clawed fiend Codex when?
>>
>>50283106
The Riptide is too big, the Broadside should be the biggest.

Hammerheads should be their heavy front line combat vehicle.
>>
>>50290437
>>50290502
They're not gonna get their own codex, but already made an official appearance.
>>
File: Alien-Empire.jpg (129KB, 496x444px) Image search: [Google]
Alien-Empire.jpg
129KB, 496x444px
>>50280507
I'd say the same thing Orks wear, but I'm not sure you can even find confirmation of what that is unless you go back to artwork from over 20 years ago (if you do, yeah, it's suits).

>>50290074
In fairness, despite the devs' attempts to sell them as a CC unit, that wasn't supposed to be why the Tau valued them. According to some fluff at least.
>>
>>50290403
We they decided to make the tau codex, they threw a lot of ideas around. The two biggest were the tau and the kroot, that finally merged into a single codex.
>>
Krootlivesmatter
>>
>>50282065
Maddest of respect to that fucker for out cheesing a cheese merchant
>>
>>50292752
>cheese merchant
Never heard anybody say that about a White Scars bike army before.
>>
>>50292786
>holding your entire army in reserve
>not cheese
If that doesn't make him a cheese merchant I don't know what would.
>>
>>50292834
Oh okay, that didn't register with me.
>>
>>50282065
The greatest victories are won without a battle
>>
>>50284437
>>50284117
*googles*
So, basically, the White Scars player kept his entire army in reserve, and since this was a tournament where special characters weren't allowed, he wasn't able to Outflank his opponent. So, his opponent decided to use his Infiltrators to line up along the enemy table edge and stop any of his opponent's troops from entering the battlefield.

This also happened five+ years and, what, two editions ago? I think the rules have been patched since then so that if you keep your entire army in reserve at the beginning of the game, you just lose instantly regardless because you don't have any models on the table.
>>
>>50290590
The Riptide is the perfect size, with its big base, to make a detailed scene at its feet. Game wise it's great as distraction carnifex. I do think they should be limited to 1 per 1500 points or something like that, but not remove them altogether.

>>50293924
What is the point you are trying to make? That man was the hero of his Age.
>>
>>50282469
Like this?
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/rogue-trader/products/tau-character-guide/
>>
File: b36d0AN.jpg (81KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
b36d0AN.jpg
81KB, 1920x1080px
>>50290645
>Tfw Dark Eldar have more alien auxiliaries than Tau.
>>
>>50298995
Look like it is exactly that. Thank anon.
>>
>>50280638
Eh, I like their rotary guns and their "Light plasma"
>>
>>50299059
yeah but they're almost entirely one-offs rather than entire units.
>>
>>50278889
Kroot are wonderful.
They are a dangerous, but not particularly malevolent alien race. They neatly show why the Imperium is so terrified of the cosmos, and why it's full of shit.
>>
>>50290241
>them poll results
thanks giving me hope /tg/
>>
>>50278889

i think the kr00t are br00t ha
>>
>>50298995
I kinda wish we had a "Tau fringes" sector description. Well, guess I will have to make it up entirely myself then.
I would go for less "ancient evil dormant in death world" and more for exploring uncharted luxuriant world with way too much life on it.
>>
>>50283106
>>50290590

The Problem there, and indeed the problem with early Tau, is that they were basically the same as Imperial guard in playstyle.

Hammerheads functioned basically like the bastard lovechild of a Falcon Grav tank and a Leman Russ.

And the irony there is early Tau where outshot by Guard dramatically.

The Mecha make Tau different to the Imperial guard, as much as people dislike it.
>>
>>50307658
>The Mecha make Tau different to the Imperial guard, as much as people dislike it.
Eh, could have been an easy fix.
Anyway Tau are gunline, but not horde.

That said using differen auxiliaries to spice the dex up would have been a much better choice to differentiate them instead of doing the same thing over and over again. The suits are by far the least interesting the thing about the Tau from a background and in-universe perspective.
>>
>>50307658
Breachers, Riptides, Coldstars, and Stormsurges could easily have all been auxiliaries instead of suits/tau, and had exactly the same stat-blocks and mechancially-identical special rules, and been just fine.
>>
>>50307658
>is that they were basically the same as Imperial guard in playstyle.
Meh, I played a drones and exoarmors oriented list in 3rd edition. Never had that issue.
>>
>>50307658
Having suits, drones, auxillaries and markerlights/other tech would still make them different enough to IG, they would also look pretty different.

The Riptide was unnecessary.
>>
File: 26204_md-Kroot, Lizardmen, Tau.jpg (59KB, 800x659px) Image search: [Google]
26204_md-Kroot, Lizardmen, Tau.jpg
59KB, 800x659px
I wouldn't have minded the Tarellian replacing the Breachers.
>>
>>50308884
can regular firewarriors still use pulse carbines, or is it breachers exclusive now?
>>
>>50308998

Breachers can only use blasters. Strikers use rifles use carbines.
>>
>>50308998
Breachers don't use Pulse Carbines at all. Regular Fire Warriors are now called Strikers, and other than being able to take a guardian drone, drone turret are more or less the same as they have been: choice between rifle and carbine.

Breachers have the pulse-blaster, which is some sort of atomizing shotgun.
>>
Back in 3e they were pretty cool. Kroot mercenaries were a fun list to play.
>>
File: 800px-Kroot6.jpg (170KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Kroot6.jpg
170KB, 800x582px
>>50278889
this thread convinced me to make a kill team painted like pic related.
>>
>>50280711
It's not supposed to transform them. It's more like very fast evolution.
A lot of people seem to forget (GW writers included) that the while the kroot acquire traits from the things they eat, they won't manifest on the kroots that do the eating. Rather, they get incorporated to their genetic code and passed on to their offspring. If, for example, a bunch of kroot eat orcs, their children will be somewhat stronger and tougher. If they keep eating creatures with certain traits for many generations, the traits get more pronounced, and you get what are effectively different subspecies of kroot with things like chameleonic skin, venomous saliva, or even wings. The shapers effectively perform eugenics on their kindred, guiding them to eat creatures with particular traits in order to breed kroot with traits they consider most advantageous, and also to keep them from becoming too stagnated and ending up as an evolutionary dead end (kroot houds and krootoxen are implied to have once been kroot kindreds that ended up getting stuck on a particular evolutionary path and eventually loosing their sapience. In fact, every animal on the kroot homeworld is a "krootoid" of some kind, either "devolved" kroot or a closely related species).
>>
>>50309661
IIRC some kroot mercenaries where resistant to chloric atmospheres after a single campaign in the first tau codex. Either they can adapt in some way, or they breed like rabbits.
>>
>>50290710
No special suits because orks use tons of field technology to keep the air and gravity
Strange that imperium and tau haven't investigated which kroot have the mekaniak powers
And when will we get kroot weirdboyz?
>>
File: 1446566195919.png (2MB, 1262x972px) Image search: [Google]
1446566195919.png
2MB, 1262x972px
>>50290241
I don't necessarily mind the big suits, but I wish they didn't focus entirely on them. Riptide actually does fit the supposed tau doctrine better than hammerheads (Tau are supposed favor mobility, but in-game only the jetpack units do that and everything else is mostly static) and does provide the Tau with a nice big centerpiece model (although I don't really like the way regular riptide works; the FW variants both look very nice, though), but it should be a rare unit rather than something you can wield 9 of in a single army, and making Tau all about bigger and bigger suits, and trying to force suits into every role, rather than them being just one part of the tau combined arms approach is dumb. Like there's no fluff reason why the stormdurge wouldn't just be a bigger version of hammerhead, rather than a suit. It lacks the mobility of proper battlesuits, and would actually be more mobile if if were a tank (since it'd be a skimmer), and wouldn't be able to be taken out by somebody ramming a rhino at its leg and causing it to tip over.

Pic related is by far the best new suit they've done. Big enough to fulfill the "big suit" role while still being small enough that you can see it being mobile and jumping around, rather than being a big slow lumbering thing, and it looks cool as well.
>>
>>50310067
I mean at some point we're going to need, at least in fluff, Tau-Jaegers. They should defs be rare, and crumble if they don't have lots of variety to defend them. Giant robots are just too cool to pass up, but they need to be TAU, not just an Imperator reskin.
>>
>>50280638
>Kroot and the other auxilliaries are the only interesting part of the Tau Empire
>I love play useless shit and lose every game: the post
>>
>>50309157

I recommend HoR, though it's a fandex since the official people running it have abandoned it and the community is taking up the slack.

Still, seems like it would work out alright.
>>
>>50314448

>Kroot
>useless
>massed snipers

Vespid only find their niche in the cramped confines of Zone Mortalis or a cluttered Kill Team board, but Kroot became godly since 6e.
>>
File: dutch.jpg (32KB, 666x360px) Image search: [Google]
dutch.jpg
32KB, 666x360px
I love the Kroot and would love to see them get a cool fluffy codex of their own heavily inspired by the Predator from that movie with a culture around hunting the most dangerous opponents. They would actually use their ancient technology since this would be the Kroot Hunting Clans trying to reestablish their Empire.

They would be more high tech but still love melee. Cloaking devices, wrist blades, shoulder mounted plasma guns, and a wide array of melee weapons from power spears to scimitars.
>>
>>50278889
30000% better than the Tau.
>>
>>50283106
aren't they already great ?
they are basically sniper tank
>>
>>50315452
They're OK. Snipers mean they can wound even monsters on 4+, and they have outflank and infiltrate, which makes them useful for grabbing objectives outside your deployment zone (firewarriors are extremely static unless you buy them an expensive and undergunned transport). However, they're also really fragile, and snipers aren't that great.

They used to be the cheapest troop option available, but now a minumum unit of firewarriors costs slightly less, which means you usually just take those ot save up points for big suits, or play Farsight and use suits as troops. They're still the cheapest per model troops, so they're good if you need to bubblewrap your big suits to keep them from getting assaulted.

>>50316975
The railgun has high strength, but fires a single shot with no blast. Good for killigg medium vehicles or monsters with t5, but against anything else it's too situational. Sure, it can kill a land raider with one shot, but 50% of time it won't penetrate. And against MCs that aren't instagibbed by s10 (most of them), you'll at most do one wound. Against deathstars, which are far bigger threat than single vehicles or MCs, it's practically useless, since doing at most a single wound on a unit with 5 to 10 guys with rerollable 3+++++ save and invisibility, even if it will probably cause instant death, is not particularly great. You need weight of fire (in most tournament FAQs blasts also work, since invisibility is usually nerfed to just drop your bs to 1 rather than foce snapshots so that you can still target the unit with blasts and flamers).

Longstrike makes his hammerhead a very reliable tank-killer at least, but that's still a very narrow specialization for a very expensive vehicle.
>>
>>50317159
What are you talking about, does the Hammerhead not have the explosive warhead anymore?
>>
>>50316975
They are good, but due to the power creep they have fallen behind. I actually advocate nerfing stuff instead of making it ever more powerful. Goodbye to all the abundant low AP, all those saves, and area plates. A 3+ MEQ save should be something to be afraid of, and a 4+ cover save shouldn't be stripped easily.

This would probably slow down the game, meaning that we would need less models to play a game of the same length. And so we would be back to 4e armies of two basic squads, one transport, one tank, one walker and an hq. Heaven.
>>
>>50318492
GW will never do this because constantly selling ever larger armies with every larger numbers and ever larger models is their business plan.
>>
>>50316827
> Kroot totem warriors
The elite of the kroot of the kroot race, sent only for the more delicate contracts or for missions that directly concern the kroot. Otherwise they spend their time hunting the most dangerous games of the galaxy (mostly the most brutal predators, with the occasional space marine), to bring their flesh back to the kindreds and strengthened their race. In fact, while some totem warriors reach this status from their talents alone, many were breed with the DNA of such preys. However not even the strongest lineage could be enough to become a totem warriors, all have to prove their skills time and time again.

While kroots often limit their use of technology from fear of growing soft, the totem warriors have proved that they were above such a risk. As such, they use the best technology available to them, and the kroot have many ways to make things "available".

Mmmh, I may have overdid it, it sounds a little fanfictiony. Also wanted to use a pseudo shamanistic/ancestors cult theme.
In game I could see them as small group (3-5?) with marbo/assassins like rules and many options.
>>
>>50318518
Fantasy proved that strategy isn't viable in the long term. They will have to deflate army size one way or another ultimately.
Well, that is if they want to have a long term.
>>
>>50318492
Silly anon, you just have to overpower creep!
Like the railgun hitting everything on a line or something.
>>
>>50310067
Wait, the barrel on that gun doesn't revolve?
>>
>>50319298
It's supposed to, just like the Fusion Collider, but the artist is being creative (or ignorant). Happens all the time in 40k art.
>>
>>50319298
>>50319449
GW doesn't even have a styleguide or something like that.
When they hire artists they rely only the artist's previous knowledge of the setting. And afaik they don't have in house artists for anything but layouts etc anymore.
>>
>>50318002
You cna buy it for extra points, but at s6 ap4 it's not that great. Useful if you're fighting Orks, Nids, or another army that spams lots of infantry with poor saves, but that's not somethign Tau have trouble dealing with anyway. Doesn't really do anything to MEQ or terminators, let alone a unit composed entirely of chapter masters on bikes with storm shields.
>>
>>50319298

Yes. It has a rotatory cannon even on the miniature. The Fusion one also have a rotatory ammunition.
>>
>>50280374
Yeah, I'm going to agree with you there.
I would have like to have seen the Tau just be a conglomeration of several dozen different alien species instead of mecha
>>
File: 065.jpg (821KB, 1181x1653px) Image search: [Google]
065.jpg
821KB, 1181x1653px
>>50309828
They used force fields in Waaargh the Orks! too, but that was where the art I was thinking of comes from (I doubt this is the only example, but it's the only one I can remember).

As for psykers, Master Shapers could be be upgraded to shamans in the Chapter Approved list.
>>
>>50278889
Could have done without the whole DNA absorbton thing. A Kroot army with snipers, skirmishers and beast support would have been based
>>
>>50309828
Supposedly, there are vast manufacturing plants hidden on the Kroot homeworld, but the Tau have only ever noticed hints of them. They are extremely well-hidden and likely never seen by none-Kroot eyes. Maybe they purposefully send all of the mek-savvy Kroot there, and keep the rest of the planet as tech-free as possible for the strength of the race.
>>
>>50323035
So kroot player can play their army counting as orks?
>>
>>50325794
They could, but it wouldn't be very effective nor particularly fluffy.
>>
>>50325794
>>50328423
I'd argue that a count as Dark Eldar would be the fluffiest. Substitute reavers with knarloc riders and raiders with great knarlocs, winged kroot as hellions/scourges and you are half way there.

Good at cqc but rather easy to kill.
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.