[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Begin one year ago, bright eyed first time DM me >Have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Just_as_planned.gif (3KB, 272x317px) Image search: [Google]
Just_as_planned.gif
3KB, 272x317px
>Begin one year ago, bright eyed first time DM me
>Have idea for a lovecraft inspired campaign, all sort of reality fuckery to go down
>Make many plans before players arrive
>Make it known to them that this game is a sandbox
>Players decide where to go, what to do, when to do it
>Players can ask for homebrew/third party/shenanigans any time they want
>Game start, first adventure is uneventful on an island
>During the first dungeon reality starts breaking, they see bits of other adventurers from different times and places
>Turns out even the dungeon, two sessions in, was fake
>They all wake up in tubes, woken up by a new PC
>In cultist lair, find them during a ritual
>Warpriest comes up, partakes in the ritual and summons an eldritch horror
>Get out alive, things seem to calm down. Half of party goes to another continent
>Party left on island finds a giant machine under ground, stuck for weeks after it moved
>They come out in technological ruins and fiddle with a giant machine, turn it on without knowing what it does
>Away party goes to dwarf lands, agrees to help a wizard study some magic caves, and meets a curious gnome
>Enter Wizbolt: Discount magic salesgnome. Sells wondrously strange and sometimes powerful weapons
>Also makes a habit of joking about what the actual players are saying, tells in the PCs to this in character
>Everyone plays it off as a joke
>Gives the party a business card, can be summoned at any time. Leaves in a puff of confetti
>Fast forward, party is in mine now. One by one they get lost from each other
>Last PC remains, tunnel walls are moving and closing in
>Trapped in a square room and gets pierced by a machine hiding in the walls of this impossible space
>Both parties meet up in a black void with a prophecy, meets a race of bullshit magic people who just left reality
>Party gets magic artifacts and sent back in alternate history
>Filled with things made by them
>>
>>50277383
>They continue to adventure in their own way, deciding what to do every week
>Things start happening, Wizbolt is missing and can't be summoned
>Some time later he comes back but with small differences in speech and look, PCs catch on it might not be him
>Charade continues until the impostor is caught and killed
>Wizbolt is still missing, but whatever they keep adventuring
>Druid becomes a lich, party gets an airship and a small city under their control, talking with big political figures
>Wizbolt's assistant shows up out of the blue, beat half to death
>He agrees after healed to try and find a way to get them to the same place Wizbolt lingers, the Bizarre/Bazaar
>Players never really make it a point to focus on Wizbolt's story line, just asking if the assistant ever figured out how to take them
>Adventures continue, party tinker is crazy now and chats with Yog Sothoth to figure out how to fix it
>Turns out its a deadly ancient ruin
>Takes two attempts, second time lich makes a joke about the assistant coming
>He actually does, gets killed very fast
>Party feels a bit of regret and realizes they lost their only connection to Wizbolt
>Rest of session continues, tinker is left to make a machine out of their crazy while we wait for next session.
>Game ends, me and a player start chatting
>Voices regrets about the Wizbolt quest line, and asks for a homebrew thing to join the game (A bit late, but I tell him I'll consider)
>More chatting, ponders how he'd go about re activating the Wizbolt line
>Off handedly mention that they never focused on saving him, only asking his assistant
>Player goes quiet for a second, asks if they only had to ask if they could go handle him
>Yep.
>Player begins to have revelations
>They all asked for shit to happen, whole races and advances in technology happened because they asked for it to be included
>Events happened that would have never happened unless they asked for that adventure
>>
>>50277392
>Wizbolt, a character made out to be unreal and from the impossible to understand or go to Bizarre, made jokes about what the actual players said, never the PCs
>Realizes the actual players are the gods of this world and have direct interactions that they didn't even realize were happening
>His PC just had this revelation too, the player figured out my plan and so their PC knows
>Player goes on a self induced conversation with his own PC, I make it a side thing that is canon
>Agree to not tell other players about this
>Next session will completely ignore what was going to happen as they just appear in the Bizarre, the players being entities in such narrating their character's actions
>After a whole year, my idea for a setting with a fucked reality is realized, just as I feel like it is time to end it
>Everything went according to plan, reality has broken down
>>
I have no clue how to respond to this. Like, this should clearly have some sort of response, but I don't know what to say.

Take this snek and go.
>>
That was quite a story.
>>
File: 1467396413284.png (87KB, 564x619px)
1467396413284.png
87KB, 564x619px
>>50277383
>>50277392
>>50277401
>>
I've read this copy pasta before. Snore...
>>
>>50278930
Did you get the accompanying list of items?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.