[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most convoluted/downright unplayable/will make the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1424693425576.jpg (112KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1424693425576.jpg
112KB, 803x688px
What is the most convoluted/downright unplayable/will make the GM consider suicide while reading the books system ever made that won't fall apart during chargen but won't last more than 30 minutes into a session?

Hard mode: no FATAL
>>
>>50275675
D&D
>>
>>50275675
D&D
>>
Exalted
>>
>>50275675
VTNL
GURPS
>>
Rifts
Legends of the Wulin
D&D 3E
>>
>>50275675
Fuck off, frogposter.
>>
>>50275675
Your favorite system
>>
>>50275675
Probably fucking Rifts. There's so much irrelevant bullshit to dig into before you even start. It's like it tries waay too hard to be unique. I've heard when you really get into it it can be enjoyable but I've yet to see someone prove this.

>>50275684
>>50275693
epic. simply.... epic.
>>
>>50276205
Oh shit, forgot it was supposed to last beyond chargen.
I'd argue Rifts still assuming you have the patience to learn the fucking system. It's just too much stuff for so little character variety. Players would lose interest after maybe the first sitting.
>>
>>50276205
Palladium system is a mess on a lot of different levels

I'd actually be one of the few to say that Ars Magica fits OP's description pretty well, it can get convoluted very quickly into a session and overall it's pretty poorly documented and laid out.
>>
>>50276205
The real problem with Rifts and all other palladium games is that the rules are an intermingled mess.

Its all designed to "compatible" but the various systems and even some books withing the same system can't even be consistent... also tracking turns and the flow of combat is a nightmare. We at one point had to stop our GM and clarify that our movement speed (given in mph because they don't convert the move stat for vehicles and speedsters) has to be divided by the number of actions per round so that we can convert MPH to Feet per Round then convert that to Feet per ACTION which is 15 Seconds /#Actions......

and that is just one problem.... dont get me wrong I have fond memories of Rifts, just as I do for the FFG Warhammer set and Star War D20/Saga but all games have problems.

If I had to give a game that made my head want to explode after character gen I'd say Deathwatch, not bad but as with Rifts the formatting is terrible (with Rifts I've just suffered though with it till I got it though)...

Huh yeah... Rifts... >.>
>>
>>50275675
Shadowrun 5e has been kinda like that.

My GM tried to run it before, quickly ended that campaign because, in his own words, it took too long to do anything and he felt like he had to fight the ruleset to have fun, and now insists on trying it again despite admittedly not understanding about 2/3 of the rules and half the setting. And of course he's one of those stubborn types, won't even look at SR4 despite it being allegedly better written.

It's like trying to play dnd 3.5 again. I just have a very hard time understanding how a gamer who has played good systems could look at the bloated incomprehensible mess of the SR5 core book, and think "yep, I want to waste my free time trying to decipher this train-wreck".
>>
>>50275675
i may be going for memes here but VTNL
>>
>>50278156
>My GM tried to run it before, quickly ended that campaign
Funny cause I tried running SR4 for my group and dropped that shit halfway through food fight. Only I even thought of trying again. I've been looking for a better system to run cyberpunk instead.
>>
>>50278688
Honestly, man, GURPS.
I've been making a setting that handles a proto-cyberpunk (deus ex human revolution) to post-cyberpunk (GITS) world, and the only system I've encountered that can handle it as well as it does is GURPS.
>>
Oh, you mean HoL:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Human_Occupied_Landfill
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.