[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I'm making a setting and homebrew system but I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1477801939938.jpg (31KB, 450x347px) Image search: [Google]
1477801939938.jpg
31KB, 450x347px
Hey guys, I'm making a setting and homebrew system but I need some ideas.

In this setting there are people who live on a giant space station. They have been up there for generations. It's colossal, it's just great.

The thing is they love intellect. They're all smart, sure, but if you're not from there you are not considered as smart as locals.

You could be an Einstein standing next to the drooling guy in a dunce cap and they'll go with the dunce guy because he's from the station and you aren't.

So visitors to this station have to wear colored shirts so everyone can tell they are not from the station and don't accidentally trust them to solve a thinking problem or something.

So my question is, what color would you associate with stupidity? Pic related.
>>
You can't not make it red.
>>
Red, come on are you even trying?
>>
>>50272441
So they're not actually smart at all then?
>>
File: infopage-starbug.jpg (361KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
infopage-starbug.jpg
361KB, 700x467px
>>50272527

They're prideful assholes, so normal people really. Living on the station means using advanced technology in daily life, technology which is more advanced than the dirt ball humpers.

It's basically how kids today are 'smarter' because they are raised on tablets and mobile technology than kids in impoverished countries.

>>50272474
>>50272506

Red is a good one.

On that topic, should it be a shirt or a hat? I think a hat would be more conventional.
>>
File: Hmm...webm (160KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hmm...webm
160KB, 854x480px
>>50272619
>literal dunce cap

It could work.
>>
>>50273094
>>50272619
>>50272527
>>50272506
>>50272474

Yep, I see it now. Visits get a big red dunce cap. They get told that the cap is an automatic space helmet and in the event of a breach they must pull it down and it will save their life. So it's silly and embarassing but they also get pressed with the fear of God if the take it off.

Yep, that's gold. That's in. Thanks, /tg/!
>>
File: Station Citizen.jpg (69KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Station Citizen.jpg
69KB, 600x900px
>>50272441
Visitors are required to wear plain yellow shirts. These are issued by the station government and are made with special technology to discourage tampering and unapproved modifications to the shirt.

Citizens on the other hand, wear yellow garments featuring a small green star about the belly. The star symbolizes the brilliance, purity, and unity of the station standing apart from the dull emptiness of other peoples.

There's rumored to be a man who can fix a green star onto your shirt. Using his legendary "star-on" machine.
>>
>>50272619
Whatever color you choose will be a cultural symbol for inferiority; no one would dare wear red, and giving someone an article of red clothing would be seen as the highest insult. If we make it a primary color, there are also connotations with secondary colors: if red is "stupid," what do orange, purple, or pink mean?

Hats can be removed/lost easily, so they wouldn't work as a marker. I'd go with shirts or maybe overwear like a jacket, vest, tabard, mantle, or gorget.
>>
A standard emergency spacecap; imagine a puffy collar which pops into a fully-enclosed bubble space helmet (by kraut space magic) when pressure suddenly drops more than half an atmo. The collar is bright red, and the helmet's back half is as well.

People not wearing such a security device are fined and otherwise punished appropriately; natives have something similar, but with the kind of luxury that comes with in-house manufactoriums and SUPERIOR SPACE TECHNOLOGY.
>>
>>50273409
...Oh, right. If someone tries to wear a emergency helmet (or regular helmet) from off-station when in the station, they get hit with regulations which claim to be 'needs to be certified' or other such that all but says 'no outside-station equipment allowed. Wear your red collar, outsider.'
>>
>>50273196
Is this a meme?
>>
File: 1466481523616.jpg (34KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466481523616.jpg
34KB, 640x360px
>>50275941
>What is Dr. Suess
>>
>>50273224

That's why you >>50273158

Then its not just red, but the red pointy hat.
>>
>>50273409
>>50273458

That is literally in my homebrew. I was thinking that the regulars on the station run their VPNs through their collars.

The collars would have lenses for the emergency mask. And mics, radios, and this would pop up when needed.
>>
>>50273196

Bravo.

>>50272441

I vote for an ugly shade of brown, possibly beige or tan, perhaps a darker brown with a tinge of green.
>>
>>50275941
Get a load of this sneetch
>>
Space station 13 has your answers
>>
>>50275941
>Is this a meme?

The Sneetches, by Dr. Seuss. It has some nice pictures, but all I could find was plain text online.

http://courses.cs.vt.edu/cs2604/Summer2000/projects/Sneetches.txt
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.