[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into Magic the Gathering? I've loved it since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: d7c61dea46010933a89765a7fef60951.jpg (172KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
d7c61dea46010933a89765a7fef60951.jpg
172KB, 1024x1024px
How do I get into Magic the Gathering? I've loved it since I was a kid, but because of a lack of people to play with, I was never able to really play the game. There aren't any local hobby shops where I live, and I don't want to drop tons of cash on cards.

Are there any PC games that offer a huge library and a friendly multiplayer community? I've tried Duels of the Planeswalkers and its card selection felt too limited. I also seem to remember a free program that had a huge selection of decks, but its interface was clunky and no one spoke English, or they were all dicks. I'd try MTG Online but I think you have to pay real world money for packs.

It'd be cool if there was something like MTG online, but for free.
>>
>>50270603
Try Forge, Cockatrice, XMage, LackeyCCG, or some similar program.
>>
>>50270603
I personally enjoy mtg duels on steam, mostly due to the gui, but the other anon lists good shit too

My vote would go to xmage
>>
online magic sucks
>>
>>50271347
>>50271380
Will check them out, thanks anons
>>
If y'all were planeswalkers, what colors would you want to be and how would you fuck everything up?
>>
File: mm192_73weo94mv0.jpg (225KB, 620x422px) Image search: [Google]
mm192_73weo94mv0.jpg
225KB, 620x422px
>>50271649
White, with Angelic wrath.
>>
>>50270603
Magarena is my go-to, but it's not multiplayer and the AI makes some... questionable choices sometimes.

Cockatrice is the best option for on-line multiplayer, or Origins, though I personally wasn't too fond of the latter.
>>
File: FOR SCIENCE.png (894KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
FOR SCIENCE.png
894KB, 1024x683px
>>50271649
Blue. Time to test what mind-altering magic can do to the populations of assorted planes!

> Entire plane is convinced that infants are illegal immigrants.
> No one is able to bake cookies without accidentally replacing the chocolate chips with raisins.
> https://youtu.be/1sVCmeiAacE now plays in the head of anyone trying to take a shit.
> https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ plays in the head of anyone trying to work up the courage to talk to their crush.
> https://youtu.be/4fndeDfaWCg now plays in the head of anyone trying to focus on anything important or slightly romantic.
> No one can remember which hand they write with, and no one thinks to check the other hand once they've started writing.
> Pizza is now cut in circular segments radiating from the center.
> https://youtu.be/Kas6akz1jWU plays in the head of anyone trying to deny lustful thoughts or who's alone with assorted animals in a park.
> (If the plane is advanced)Everyone now believes that global warming is proof that vaccines cause autism.
>>
File: 155[1].jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
155[1].jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>50271649
U/B, by trying to be l33t Dimir, then quickly realizing that The Things That Should Not Be are also the Things That should Not Be fucked with when I try to tell them what to do.
>>
File: WHY.jpg (29KB, 600x777px) Image search: [Google]
WHY.jpg
29KB, 600x777px
>>50271909
> Forcing everyone to constantly hear the Backstreet Boys.
>>
>>50271909
this is why I hate blue
>>
>>50272053
Violating the most basic of human rights doesn't seem so bad when you get to laugh at a bunch of people yelling at babies to get a passport.
>>
>>50271649
URG. I like the "elements united" theme. There's also a nice mix of card draw, random effects, and Timmy damage.

Plus I'd get to have all kinds of animal friends.
>>
>>50271649
Either Green or White, or probably even a mix, and I'd run around letting the power go to my head and try to ''fix'' societies that I considered injust all on my lonesome, until I got in too deep and people got hurt because I was being a self-important idiot, throwing me into a depression spiral so deep that I planeswalk way to someplace far away where I'll live in anonymity and obscurity for the rest of my days, haunted by my failures as a person.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.