[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /tg/, I need help. I have been running D&D 3.5 for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Motivation.jpg (90KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
Motivation.jpg
90KB, 750x600px
Hello /tg/, I need help.

I have been running D&D 3.5 for the past year and a half to the same group, and due to shitty circumstances I have stopped the game we were running and started a new one twice in a row. First time it was my fault, they pissed me off because they were being un-attentive assholes at the game and I told them I won't GM for them until they get their shit together. I ended the game there and started a new one about a month later when they decided to actually pay attention to the game. This time it fucked up because one of the players invited a that guy to the game which seemed okay at first but majorly screwed half the party later on in game, and another player (who is no longer in the game) helped him shit on the party. I was trying to pressure the group into not tearing eachother apart in game, since everyone wanted to kill the that guys since they were indirectly shitting up the party horribly (they did stuff they hid from the rest of the party that had very bad consequences) and I encouraged them to handle the shit OOC, because I hoped it could be handled reasonably. It ended with the half of the party that was getting shit on expelling the that guys from the party, in game. The that guys got butthurt as fuck and tried to kill the rest of the party due to out of game butthurt about this, despite the fact that they would have never done that in character. This caused a huge clusterfuck and I called bullshit, and it ended up with a strained drama that lasted about a month, where I was trying to kick out the that guy's without losing a really good member of the game, since the that guy is a good friend of his. In the end I couldn't handle the pressure of the whole drama and ended that game too, but I managed to kick out the shitty players. Now the game is running better than ever before in the entire year and a half with the group, but I am so burned out by the last two games that I am having trouble of thinking up a main quest for the party.
>>
>>50263979
Do what I do. Alternate dms. Say, I'll run this one but one of you has to take over next week with your own campaign. Then do the main campaign every other week.

The offshoot runs I encourage to be one shots rather than lasting runs (usually person has never dm'd/not trying to ruin the main campaign/not trying to punish players)

After everyone has dm'd at least one round their overall gameplay improves, since they have more understanding of the process. Also helps keep the main campaign refreshing and prevents burn out.

Best decision I ever made as a dm.
>>
>>50263979
cont.

Anyway, I put a lot of work into the last two games and I am burned out and am having a difficult time thinking up a main quest. The game I am running is a sandbox and the world is free, so whatever the main quest is it'd have to be a big deal that would affect most of the continent. I am sorry for begging like this /tg/, but I really like this group and want to provide them a good game.
I could give some details about the world if you would like, /tg/.
I have an idea, but I don't know how good it is. Basically in the setting you have intelligent animals living in the woods, that mix and mingle with the regular animals. They are spurred on by druids to hate humanity and resist them violently, and were created by druids themselves to fight against human kingdoms that were rising and grew independent from druidic rule, and stopped practicing druidism and worshipped new gods. (this happened many years ago.

A druid that has converted to one of the new religions (losing his powers but keeping his knowledge) is spreading the religion among the animals, and there is currently a holy war being waged in the animal kingdom. If it is not stopped the religious animals will win out and you will have a huge amount of intelligent animals sworn to a god. They will reach out to a religious head of this god, and new churches of the wilds will be established. This will eventually lead to a crusade led by this church against the heretical kingdoms, which will be supported by a huge portion of the animal kingdom.

Druids, pagan kingdoms, and local lords are all interested in putting an end to this. Is this a good main quest, /tg/?
>>
>>50264065
not an option I am afraid. I tried asking this many times and everyone utterly refuses to GM.
>>
bump. pls help /tg/
>>
>>50264096
Had that problem the first time too. The solution oddly enough is to get sick (or fake it.) Said simmering like my throat can't handle a lot of speaking from tonsillitis or whatever, so if you want to play someone else has to step up. Once someone volunteered it was easy to make it a cycle for the others.

Alternatively, just say, okay. I'm not doing it this week. Player x is, and then send them the files they need. Like, the adventure book, premade characters, whatever. Once they realize they won't have to work to hard it usually helps.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.