[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I find a group to play D&D/Pathfinder? Am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Mien Dice.jpg (121KB, 1577x889px) Image search: [Google]
Mien Dice.jpg
121KB, 1577x889px
How the fuck do I find a group to play D&D/Pathfinder? Am I retarded? I never actually found anything from gamefinder.

I've joined some games on Mythweavers, I'll make a character, be one of the 4-6 people accepted for a game, and then the game will run for 4 days and then the GM will quit no matter how much I try and keep the game alive.

I haven't really tried applying for games on Roll20. I can't drive to a local store though I definitely think I'd find the most success by finding a local game since I don't have trouble talking to people at all. I've watched critical role from episode 1 all the way up to the latest episode, and I've listened to the acquisition inc podcasts. All I can think about is how much I want to be a character in a world and solving similar problems in my own creative way. I just want to find a consistent group to play with for a few hours every week so we can make good progress on a meaningful campaign.

It seems like it would be so easy and so fun to do. But its been so fucking elusive of a goal. Do you guys have any tips?

>consistent play
>format is fun to play
I don't find text as fun as voice. I very much am a player that also enjoys the hanging out and having fun aspect of the hobby, though I have a great respect for serious business RP time as I used to GM.
>>
Try roll20.

The trick is to make connections with good people and get invited to their network or form a network of your own.

There's bad shit and good shit everywhere, no matter the website. Don't shy away from applying just because the website you're on gets a lot of flak from /tg/.
>>
File: stongmen.jpg (216KB, 640x446px) Image search: [Google]
stongmen.jpg
216KB, 640x446px
>>50261765
>I want to be a character in a world and solving similar problems in my own creative way.
Your childlike wonder is endearing. Brings a tear to the eye.
>>
I can't say I've had any more success there, but reddit LFG throws up the occasional PF game.
>>
>>50261819
I'll try Roll20 then. I guess as long as I keep trying I'll find a game eventually.
>>50261838
Listening/Watching liveplay makes me feel like a loud man in a movie theater. Its both fun and suffering because of how much you want to join in the story but you cant because you're just watching something so far away pass you by.

Could be good or bad, the starvation has made me read the PHB and contemplate character builds/options hundreds of times.
>>
>>50261882
I feel ya. I don't know how many characters I've made, only for them to never see any action. It doesn't help that I live in eastern europe, where the hobby is really small and my only option is online, which really doesn't attract me all that much.
Also, I did try to GM for my friends but they just treat it like an MMO and somehow manage to quarrel for just about everything.
>>
>>50261915
I GM'd pathfinder for my brother/his friends but they would always insist on smoking weed or taking pain killers before the game to make it "more fun" which generally meant wasting time talking about tv shows or league of legends while I was trying to get the game rolling. With the exception of me and my brothers mutual friend (who has slowly just become my friend pretty much because of my brothers "new interests"). I feel bad because he actually wanted to play but neither of us want to do a 2 person campaign. I gave them two sessions before I refused to run with them again because I felt insulted. I told them during the first session that I was there to play the game.

Sorry for the rant, your story reminded me though.
>>
File: 1478854277070.jpg (35KB, 480x449px) Image search: [Google]
1478854277070.jpg
35KB, 480x449px
>Every time someone throws up the idea for a game and I manage to work up the courage to try to join it always falls to pieces
>>
>>50261942
>Having a brother who does opioids regularly to "have fun", even when playing a fuggin RPG
I hope he has a good life insurance policy.
>>
Various player finder websites. Local shops, Craigslist, your cities Reddit. Local cons.
>>
Also go to pathfinder society and D&D events at local game stores.

Meetup.com events

Local game clubs through college.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.