[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't believe this isn't discussed much. So aft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 16

File: Eldrad_Ulthran.jpg (765KB, 677x1025px) Image search: [Google]
Eldrad_Ulthran.jpg
765KB, 677x1025px
I can't believe this isn't discussed much.

So after the disaster in the "Death Masque" box lore, where is the Eldar storyline going? Any prediction for the Eldar's future in 8th ED?

For those who didn't read it or don't know about it yet check out this link for a review and sum :

http://thegoodthebadtheinsulting.blogspot.com/2016/08/warhammer-40000-death-masque-eldar.html
>>
>>50261345
Games Workshop sucks at writing? Who knew?

I just hope they don't go full retard like they did with AoS, but the article definitely makes some points going the other way.
>>
So basically, lorewise, the Eldar are dead a faction?
It's to be expected that some writer would vent his frustration over how OP the Eldar are in TT.
>>
>>50261556
Unless GW retcons that shitheap of a story, yes, the CWE are dead as a faction.
>>
>>50261345
>So after the disaster in the "Death Masque" box lore, where is the Eldar storyline going?
Rhana Dandra
>>
>>50261345
>I can't believe this isn't discussed much.
Because it's just bad lore that'll be retconned next edition. What is there to actually say?
>>
>>50261604
>retconned

Or forms the basis of something new. I got feeling that the Eldar factions will be rolled up into a single faction.

The Craftworlders cannot survive alone after Death Masque, and the Dark Eldar cannot survive alone when Khaine's Gate breaks.
>>
>>50261637
>I got feeling that the Eldar factions will be rolled up into a single faction.
I didnt. I got the feeling a bad writer didnt get edited properly.

So I expect a full retcon considering how popular wraithknights are atm.
>>
>>50261656
The living Eldar population can sustain a considerable amount of wraith units.

They just need to murder some or convince a number of them to kill themselves for the greater good.
>>
>>50261669
>The living Eldar population can sustain a considerable amount of wraith units.
No they really cant. It's not just wraith units its everything. Eldar as a faction are dead as written in death mask. Thats why it'll get retconned.
>>
>>50261670
Nah, it's equivalent of the High Elves losing Ulthuan in fantasy.

They will enough strength in them to fight for a bit in the Rhana Dandra.
>>
What the fuck happened in Death Masque?
>>
File: mfw Eldar near me.png (47KB, 373x394px) Image search: [Google]
mfw Eldar near me.png
47KB, 373x394px
>>50261695
Eldar holocaust
>>
So eldrad gets slapped about and a few thousand saim hann and ulthwe die.

Why does this mean the death of the CWE apart from autism?
>>
>>50261764
I dunno man maybe try reading the link in the OP first?
>>
File: teendar.jpg (505KB, 1200x1075px) Image search: [Google]
teendar.jpg
505KB, 1200x1075px
>>50261345
>where is the Eldar storyline going?
Well, since the infinitycircuits are fucked, I'm guessing there's gonna be cultural upheaval and a splintering of craftworld population.

Basically, Commoragh is gonna have a huge influx of, particularly young, former-craftworlder aspiring mercs and pirates, and I wouldn't be surprised if entire aspect temples went to seek new purpose in the gladiator complexes, for example.

Hell, the smart thing to do would be to relocate craftworlds in their entirety to the webway, and setup new satellite realms around the dark city.

Ideally, we would have a factionmerge ala what seems to be going on with AoS aelfs, with ELDAR being, thematically, the 'webway faction', composed of all different elements from all different books.

A unified Commoragh, with kabals holding the core spires, and other eldar factions (wych cults, covens, corsairs, craftworlders etc.) being spread throughout and all around, all within the webway.
>>
>>50261785
It all seems to be coming to this, really. Craftworlds need a new place to stay, and Vect could use the help from seers to find a way of dealing with the whole Khainegate issue.
>>
>>50261595
whoa what, what's this "Death Masque" box lore?
>>
>>50261821
>2016
>this post
>>
>>50261835
I've been out of the loop with 40K for a while, lost interest since before the Fantasy shit reboot. Was just wondering what cockup they managed /this/ time.

Heck OP was complaining people didn't talk about it!
>>
>>50261821
Shit no one needs to care about.
It's not like it's going to last an entire edition.
>>
>>50261821
>>50261841
Read the bloody link provided in OP or google it.
>>
Does anyone feel that GW is pulling this stunt because the Eldar became redundant once they added in the Necrons? It looks like GW might be planning to reinvent the Eldar from the ground up.
>>
>>50261785
>Basically, Commoragh is gonna have a huge influx
Two words: Gate of Khaine.
All eldars not only craftworlds totally fucked.
>>
Wait a second.

Eldrad only used the souls of the Craftworlds.

The World Spirits of the Exodites are untouched.

So the Eldar are not (totally) fucked.
>>
>>50262249
>Exodites
>Mattering

Kek.
>>
>>50261345
I dont really care about Eldar lore so much, but I like Harlequins and I have the Deathwatch Overkill box.

Is this box worth getting if I want to start a small Troupe and expand my Deathwatch army? The price seems right.
>>
File: 1477667199226.png (343KB, 1280x439px) Image search: [Google]
1477667199226.png
343KB, 1280x439px
So, let me get this straight.

>Eldar lost any chance at Ynnead
>May have even fed him to Slaanesh directly
>Lost every single Infinity Circuit, and every soul in them
>May have lost countless Spirit Stones too
>Effectively lost the greatest Farseer they had
>Lost each Craftworld's best crystalized Seers
>Lost a fuck load of nigh irreplaceable Harlequins
>May have crippled their entire armored divison almost utterly
>All to a relatively small force of humans any of them could have seen coming
>And all because of a single Marine who got his ceramite panties in a twist and said, and I quote, "I would rather watch all of humanity fall to Chaos rather than listen to you"
>AFTER BEING TOLD THAT THIS EXACT RITUAL WOULD SAVE TRILLIONS OF HUMANS LIVES AND STRIKE A GIANT BLOW AGAINST CHAOS

Does GW just not care any more? I know their writing is awful, but holy fucking shit. This is literal shit with no redeeming qualities at all.

This is either the start of the 40k End Times, or it's going to be swept under the rug. Either way, holy shit this was retarded.
>>
>>50262529
It'll probably get swept under the rug. Isnt the point of these boxes to sell models and not add fluff or advance the story?
>>
>>50261595
>>50261556
It's 20 years overdue desu.

"Humans but better" does not a faction make and should have never been a thing.

Faggot ass space elves.
>>
File: Lew (1).jpg (271KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
Lew (1).jpg
271KB, 446x400px
>>50262629
>Dipshit Mon'keigh
>Calling anyone else a faggot
>>
>>50261899
FFS just give us the tl;dr.
>>
>>50262687
>tldr
Ur a fgt.
>>
>>50262687
See >>50262529 for the results of it.

>Eldrad collects conduits to Infinity Circuit
>Begins siphoning them to create Ynnead
>Deathwatch show up
>Harlequins fight Deathwatch
>Lose horrendously. Like literal curb stomping.
>Deathwatch leader tells Eldar to go fuck themselves despite being told how big of a hit Chaos would take if Eldrad succeeds
>Eldrad escapes alone, with nothing, as everything goes to shit

Deathwatch effectively status quo'd the lore, from the jaws of the faction known for keeping the status quo.

Eldar no longer have a reason to exist, really.
>>
>>50262529
>Trusting Eldar
Yep no way this could have hurt humanity.
>>
>>50262249
>Amish communities not nuked, USA better than ever.
>>
>>50262800
They would have lost one planet, not even a hive world, to kill Slaanesh. We're talking a couple billion to save trillions.

Artemis was a retard.
>>
>>50262850
Fresh news, 40k runs on mental retardation.
>>
>>50262843
>implying that's not the case
>>
>>50262800
This.

Pretty sure the eldar use every given opportunity to fuck humanity. Ever.

Anyways, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure it'll get retconned into "all as planned" to sell the new ultra god fragment eldar box set for $499.99, limited time only!
>>
>>50262879
Well in a less dickheads and pinkos way it is, but it would stop being a superpower. Not even in wood working since sweden reigns alone through IKEA.
>>
>>50262850
The birth of Ynnead would have created a big psychic flare that would have outshone the Light of Terra. This would cause countless Imperial ships to get lost in the Warp.
>>
>>50262864
No, you see, this is some kind of ADVANCED retarded, the kind that says "Immunization Shots cause autism!". Abaddon is a retard. Artemis is some completely new strain of "Incredibly Fucking Stupid" that is retarded for no reason other than to say "Lol we win buy my box".
>>
>>50262912
Again, trading a few billion for trillions. When it comes down to "this will kill a Chaos God and most of its daemons" a few billion in 40k is nothing.
>>
>>50262900
But we'd have more fresh-churned butter per-capita than anywhere else on Earth.

>>50262912
Interesting way to look at it. The the Eldar are all too ready to sacrifice swaths of humanity for what they see as the only solution.
>>
>>50262929
If humanity lost it's ability to navigate and defend its realm, many more than a "few billion" would be killed off.

Humanity has more enemies than just Chaos
>>
>>50262913
If the Grey Knights and/or the Ordo Malleus ever find out about this, they would want to shove their bolters on Artemis' arse.
>>
>>50262953
>Help Eldar get Ynnead
>Ally with Eldar to kill Slaanesh
>Two enemies taken care of
>>
>>50262953
>hive worlds starved
>imperial navy fleets lost in warp
>imperial guard and marine forces in transit lost in warp
Have fun with entire chapters and billions of guardsmen vanishing while worlds rebel across the imperium and wars are lost due to lack of supplies and reinforcements. All to kill the weakest chaos god.
>>
>>50262929
More like uncounted trillions. The disruption of the Imperial supply lines at this crucial time (Time of Ending) will lead to a lot of worlds falling to invasion when reinforcements fail to arrive and a lot of world starving when their food supplies are cut.
>>
It's left kind of ambiguous as to where the souls went, and what the status of Ynnead is. No need to jump to extreme conclusions like the CWE are finished. GW won't squat one of their longest running and most popular factions.
>>
>>50263005
>Allying with Eldar
Yep not like they would stab us in the back the minute it became useful like the Second War for Armageddon. Eldar are one of the worst races because they pretend to be friendly. At least Tyranids and Chaos don't pretend that they and the Imperium are natural allies.
>>
>>50262972
I need a writefag to do something with this. How fucking pissed would the Maleus be at the handling of this?
>>
>>50263620
REEEEEE levels of pissedness
>>
>>50262529
You were expecting a faction literally dedicated to killing aliens to respect aliens?

>>50261345
They could rebuild. Presumably it would only take another 10,000 years to refill the Craftworlds with jerk ghosts.

>going

You keep using that word. It's a largely static background to a game system about Building the Narrative.

Are you looking for ideas on how to progress your own games and campaigns? Because that's fine. That's how this is meant to work. And nobody will begrudge you lacking the imagination to entirely create these ideas yourself. We've all been there.

But if you're looking for the what's next of the lore - you know by now there is no what's next. It's not Hunger Games, with an incredibly similar and repetitious progression to a final end. It's background for you to use. So what if your ideas won't be canon? Who cares? What's wrong with having your own ideas to play a game against your friends and enjoy yourselves?
>>
>>50262929
Trillions alone just on Necromunda. There's no way it could survive without constant resupply.
>>
>>50263846
>It's a largely static background to a game system about Building the Narrative.

Dude, you really wrong. The 40K stroylines, even the old ones, are being resolved and advanced. He are getting answers to old questions and getting new storylines.

I mean it's the Death Masque an example of this? 10 years of Eldar lore built up to THIS moment. This is why I am surprised that Eldarfags are not up in arms about it.
>>
>>50263900
As an eldarfag, I am upset about it, but I have come to expect to be abused in the lore by now, especially in order to wank marines further.
>>
>>50261345
40K is not going to end because it's a cash cow, and wraith units are not going to be written out because they're a cash cow. Eldar will be the same in the future as they are now.

Note that the story shied away from saying that the souls were actually devoured or that the Ynnead was gone. It even went as far as saying that 'something' had formed and spiraled off into space.

Basically, shit might as well have not happened. All those souls are fine because GW will never remove wraith stuff.
>>
>>50264744
You

see

>>50262249
The Craftworld souls might be gone but the Exodite souls are still here untouched. They can man the wraith units.
>>
>>50262629
Squat all of humanity except one faction.

There is no reason to have more than one Imperium faction, let alone half the game.
>>
File: 1464979082865.jpg (100KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464979082865.jpg
100KB, 720x720px
>eldarboos still in denial

Get fucked, you dirty xenos
>>
>>50264910
>They can man the wraith units.
or they can just use the soul stones from the guys who die after eldrad's thing blew up in his face

also the wraith units activated prior to eldrad blowing everything up are still going to be untouched, because they weren't linked with the infinity circuit
>>
>>50262913
Yes. 40k lore relies on the basic truth that deep down, all beings are complete fucking pieces of shit and are ludicrously fucking dumb to the point that Orks are merely an unsophisticated version of everyone else.
>>
>>50263193
You mean like Bretonnia, which got models before the Empire? Or Tomb Kings, which were the soul of the original Undead?
>>
File: IMG_4314.jpg (100KB, 374x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4314.jpg
100KB, 374x501px
THERE ARE AS MANY ELVES AS THE PLOT REQUIRES

>Gav "Fuck Writing Fluff" Thorpe
>>
>>50261345
It's just bad fluff, don't forget that's the same Eldrad that died in the Gothic war until they retconned it. Even if it all failed, well so what? The entire setting is in a permanent state of 'the whole place is fucked next year' and the whole reason 30K is a thing is that GW are acutely aware that they've written themselves into a corner.
>>
>>50262929
Pragmatically speaking it probably wasn't in humanity's interests to let the plan work. The Eldar were the other empire around during the DAoT and all indication is that their empire was better. Why would humanity want to help the aliens that kicked their arse across the galaxy remove the one thing stopping them rebuilding their empire?
>>
Plot twist: the shard of Ynnead will meld together with the remnants of Big E, setting off the Age of The Emperor.
>>
>>50261345
>Any prediction for the Eldar's future in 8th ED?
Main rulebook and all stories ignore that Death Masque ever existed.
>>
>>50261345
>b-but games workshop needs to Advance The Story so they can sell more!
>>
>>50265597
It really needs to. Or else it gets boring.
>>
>>50265841
...Why? Why does every story they tell need to be at 99999.M41? Why can't they tell stories set in earlier time periods, about heroes who might not still be alive in the present day, and still have them be interesting? It's a wargame setting, not a story in of itself.
Metaplots are cancer.
>>
>>50265053
My community had 25 people in 6th.

We had one brettonia player. He swapped to Vampire counts almost immediately.
Did they actually sell at all?
>>
File: AoS books.jpg (150KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
AoS books.jpg
150KB, 960x960px
>>50265887
Look at the AoS and its episodic lore releases.

I had more fun reading its lore than I ever did with 40K. It's exciting what I know there is no status quo and that the fluff is progressing and unfolding as I read it. It's fun reading something I don't know the outcome of beforehand.
>>
>>50265981
>AoS fluff
>Good
>>
>>50262850

This >>50262912

Plus I'm pretty sure that the rebirth of an active Eldar God could turn around things for their race. A race that so outshined the Imperium even at it's height, that it's remnants resurgent could lay waste to the current corpse of the Imperium.

Artemis did the right thing for humanity. Sucks to be Eldar and have the Deathwatch come along and do it's fucking job.
>>
>>50262529
The "Greatest" farseer should have been killed a long time ago. He is alone probably dealt more damage to eldar than orks and tyranid together even before this shit with Death Masque.
>>
File: Angry.png (56KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
Angry.png
56KB, 250x194px
>>50263620
This angry.
>>
>>50264981
>Troops: Imperial Guardsmen
>Elites: Space Marine, Skitarii, Sisters of Battle
>Depending on HQ choice, elites become troops.

Done.
>>
>>50265981
>AoS
>Good

It will take another 30 years for it to achieve at least 1/10th of what Warhammer Fantasy had.
>>
>>50268022
More fun though. It's like watching wrestling or watching some cheesy ANIIIIME.
>>
>>50265024
Not really an option as Iyanden is currently the big protagonist craftworld and Iyanden is 90% wraith dudes, with a tiny living population that would take thousands of years to fill up their ghost armies again.

Death Masque full will either be ignored or it will turn out the souls just went back to their craftworlds, except for those that formed that mysterious space thing.
>>
>>50265981
AoS doesn't have lore, it has random episodic dramas that take place in no-time and no-space, with no context.
>>
>>50268145
Actually, AoS follows a linear storyline progression. The context is the Realmgate wars and it just ended. Season 2 soon, fellow, Varanguard.
>>
>>50268207
That is a story. It's not lore.

Warmahordes has linear storyline progression in an incredibly detailed and fully fleshed world, where you can appreciate every change to the setting because there was something there with history and depth beforehand. This is a marriage of lore and story.

AoS has a story without lore. It has battles with no context happening against the backdrop of a vaguely defined, loosely-ordered universe full of unrelatable non-characters. No changes matter because there was nothing there to change beforehand. Oh, we just heard that the super chaosgates of hellpoint skullsguard just fell? Well great, that might be cool if we had any context on where that is, what makes that important, what was there first, what hellpoint skullsguard was like, etc etc etc.

Vaguely defined infinite realms with no limits speckled with also undefined random names on a map does not a setting make. Nobody cares about 'the vale of bulls' or the 'valley of super evil' because nobody knows what that shit is, and, in an infinite multiverse where every setting is just 'forest place' or 'fire place' or 'dark spooky place', why would we care?
>>
File: ironkingdoms4.jpg (750KB, 1573x2075px) Image search: [Google]
ironkingdoms4.jpg
750KB, 1573x2075px
>>50268402
This here.

This is how you do a progressing storyline in a wargame. A Warmahordes player can point at bits on this map and go "Hey, that bit of Khador used to be Cygnaran territory until [plot point]" or "this land here was once Llealese" or "this map is slightly outdated because it doesn't highlight this area as Cryxian."

When you look at an AoS map, all you can tell someone is that everything looks like Brutal Legend without the self awareness and that some places may have been sorta mentioned.
>>
>>50268465
Technically maps have no meaning in AoS since everything is mercurial and without scale. The realms are explicitly not good with distance and consistency, which is probably because the writers want the same freedom that 40K's fuckhuge galaxy has to just jam shit wherever.

Of course, all this really does is mess up any sense of solidity or scale in the setting. Nothing is important because everything is so vague and huge.
>>
>>50261345
The premise was retarded, the outcome even more so.

But that's 40K in a nutshell.
>>
>>50263900
Mate, the Eldar have been a dying race on the verge of extinction since 1987. Nothing's getting advanced here, just clarified.

It's fluff. It changes all the time, but it never truly progresses. I know you're desperate to believe it will, but it won't. The Eldar aren't going away, the Tau aren't taking over a Segmentum, the Orks aren't uniting under Ghazkhull, the Tyranids aren't reaching Terra, the Necrons aren't fully woke and unifying, the Imperium will always be in the vinegar strokes, and Chaos will never be led by anybody with arms. This is as far as it goes.

Fuck, I mean - the Blood Angels have been completely wiped out twice, in canon, at Mackan and on a space hulk, but you all still lost your shit when the exact same thing happened to the Imperial Fists this year. It's nothing. It goes away. Someone else will come along and write something that contradicts it, or it will just be ignored because it's slightly too retarded, like so much else over the years.
>>
>>50268712
This has nothing about the Eldar dying. It's about the Ynnead storyline that was introduced a decade ago being advanced slowly until it reached it's final conclusion with Ynnead being BTFO except for a single piece that fled into space. A major part of Eldar lore THEIR ONLY HOPE, was thrown off the table. Also the implication that all Craftworlds are now crippled husks in space drifting helplessly into space would mean the Eldar as a faction are going go through a big change.

Let me put it it terms you can understand. Ignoring the Warpocalypse lore for a bit, This is the equivalent of the Emperor dying and leaving the Imperium suffer the consequences. You gonna sit there and tell me that everything will be alright in the Imperium? That it as the faction that we know won't change because of this?

ike it or not, with your bad argument or without them, the story has progressed.
>>
Someone at GW deserves to be hung for this.
>>
>>50268712
Lets dissect this bad argument.

>The Eldar aren't going away,

Unless they retcon Death Masque. Major changes to the lore are in the works.

>the Tau aren't taking over a Segmentum

The Damocles series (Farsight Enclaves supp, Warzone Damocles, Kauyon, and Mont'ka, and the supp novels) progressed the Tau storyline from the previous poiny it was before 6th ED.

>the Orks aren't uniting under Ghazkhull,

The Ghaz supplement confirmed that HE IS the PROPHET OF GORK AND MORK. Before 6th ED, he was flee Armageddon with nothing else saying where he is going.

The supp has him having an adventure before reaching the Ocatrius sector and saving it from falling to the Tyranids. After defeating the Tyranids he plans on creating a teleporter than can get him back to Armegeddon. Also he gained the ability to direct Orks across the galaxy and sense. This Progresses his story and the Ork vs Tyranid storyline.

>the Tyranids aren't reaching Terra

Tyranids dive into Segmentum Solar an their progress is highlighted in the Deathwatch novel featuring the same hero who beat Eldrad. It seems that the Imperium are living the Tyranids to do as they as please as they rush to protect the Cadian Gate. Leaving the Deathwatch to commit great sacrifices to slow them down.

>the Necrons aren't fully woke and unifying

Necrons sporadically appear in other factions storylines. Because of the Newcron retcon they are a gutted faction when it comes to lore.

The only story progression they have is that their whole faction went quiet at the end of the timeline.

>the Imperium will always be in the vinegar strokes, and Chaos will never be led by anybody with arms. This is as far as it goes.

Ignorance is what's going on here.

GW just introduced the new Black Crusade series which will focus on the new 13th Black Crusade storyline.

Gradually, through it, the traitor Primarchs will become a part of 40K proper.
>>
File: 1469091084957.jpg (83KB, 468x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469091084957.jpg
83KB, 468x1024px
t. butthurt psychic apes
>>
>>50269163
Eldar are more like avians.
>>
File: Doom the Eldar.jpg (201KB, 998x423px) Image search: [Google]
Doom the Eldar.jpg
201KB, 998x423px
>>50269152
Cont'ed.

When the Beast series had the Imperial Fists wiped out, we knew that somehow another faction will take the place of the Imperial Fists because DUUUUURRR the Beast series take place in 32K and we have Imperial Fists in 40K/41K. By book two, people already guessed that the First Exemplar will become the new Imperial Fists.

You are asking the wrong questions. Will the setting progress? Yes, it already has. Will the setting end? No, it will progress a bit and then freeze in a new status quo. That's what's happening.

What's the new status quo for the Eldar? A main order DYING with a side order of NO HOPE, perhaps?
>>
>>50268947
Just like the story progressed when Eldrad died? Or when the Blood Angels were wiped out?

GW is going to change nothing. This will be retconned like everything that moves to plot along is.

GW will not change the faction because it makes money. Wraithguard and wraithknights make money. All we're seeing is another blip on the radar where a writer penned something GW as a whole can never take to its logical conclusion because they have models to sell. 40K is not being AoSified because IT STILL MAKES TONS OF CASH.
>>
>>50269332
Part of my post was cropped out during the copy paste.

The Angels dying out and the Imperial Fists dying out is part of their backstories. They are resolved storylines that happened in the past of the setting. We are now talking about the storylines that happen in 999 41K that have no resolution. Can you tell me for sure what's going to happen to the Eldar after Death Masque? No? Then there you go.

>>50269402
>Just like the story progressed when Eldrad died?

GW retconned it back then. It doesn't mean they will retcon this fresh off the presses lore. They didn't retcon any of the progression that came before it and they won't retcon what's coming after with the return of the traitor primarchs and the new Black Crusade storyline.

40K needs a shake up and GW is doing just that. It ain't going be AoS level but it's coming.

And again, Wraith units can be crewed by Exodite souls. If the Craftworld got wrecked, then the Eldar can crash with their backward cousins. This will mirror the High Elves moving in the Wood Elves after ther homeland went under the sea.
>>
>>50268116
>and Iyanden is 90% wraith dudes
who are completely unaffected by the new fluff

Wraith units aren't part of the infinity circuit anymore. That's why the eldar find it so horrifying to make them.
>>
File: 1471169686331.jpg (69KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
1471169686331.jpg
69KB, 500x680px
>>
>>50269536
60% of the Iyanden is an Ynnead death cult.

Iyananana~ by the end of the timeline was doing a ritual to cast the souls of the whole craftworld inside the Infinity Matrix. Not to mention all her backstory about collecting the Crone stones to use them to help awaken Ynnead. She was one stone off from completing her set.

Now you can pour all of that into the drain.
>>
>>50269572
I will believe that the Ynnead story line is done when we see more of it.
>>
>>50269572
Which is why the whole thing will probably be retconned out. It flies in the face ov previous buildup.

Either that or those souls are back in their craftworlds and wraithtits will use her stone to wake up the shard of the Ynnead that formed.

Eldar definitely aren't being moved off the craftworlds. GW isn't ready for that level of change. The game is still going strong, they have no reason to bomb the lore and destroy their customer base like they did with WHFB.
>>
>>50269510
>It ain't going be AoS level but it's coming.

What you're proposing is AoS level. Completely scapping a faction's concept and changing it into something else is AoS level.

Which is why it won't happen. Truth is, GW probably don't know how much they want to change at the moment, but they know the game is selling well enough that none of the factions need a total revamp, and that going through with something like that would be an insane risk. This is why Eldar will not be dropped out of their Craftworlds, and why thus fluff will probably receive multiple tweaks as GW solidifies its idea of how much it wants to change going forward. GW has done his before, and it ended with selective fluff memory and increasingly less mild retcons.
>>
File: Newcrons.jpg (366KB, 1191x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Newcrons.jpg
366KB, 1191x1600px
>>50269722
>What you're proposing is AoS level. Completely scapping a faction's concept and changing it into something else is AoS level.

You are acting like they didn't do this before in 40K.
>>
>>50269765
Necrons are a tertiary part of the setting whose fluff hasn't existed half as long as Eldar or Marines have. They were still in their awkward early design phase when that change was made. Some would say they still are.
>>
Are the eldar the only faction in 40k that loses in their own books/codices?
>>
>>50269911
Nids got shat on quite a bit in their codex.
>>
>>50270003
That's only a more recent Cruddace thing. 4th and prior, they were as hyped in their own codex as any other faction.
>>
>>50268712
I don't know about Mackan but in Space Hulk the Blood Angels didn't get completely wiped out, 40 marines lived and rebuilt the chapter. All Imperial Fists died.
>>
>>50269824
Marines and Eldar: 1987
Necrons: 1998
Current year: 2016
>>
From a lore perspective the Eldar are out of the running. After this shit they should just have the nids kill them off in the next codex.
>>
File: 1471551526908.jpg (147KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471551526908.jpg
147KB, 500x500px
>mfw people actually care for craftworlders

Pffft.
>>
File: Dark City in trouble.png (773KB, 2790x874px) Image search: [Google]
Dark City in trouble.png
773KB, 2790x874px
>>50271978
Dark Eldar lives matter.
>>
>>50261695
tl;dr version:
Eldrad Ulthuan betrayed the rest of his race and stole the Infinity Circuits from every Craftworld to try and rush Ynnead out. But then the Death Watch stopped him. So now the craftworlds are left with no more Infinity Circuits, and Ynnead, the one faint hope the Eldar still had in the long term, was either aborted or born way too small and tiny to do any of what it was supposed to do.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.