[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got back from seeing Dr Strange and its put me in a magical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: mage the awakening.jpg (60KB, 400x606px) Image search: [Google]
mage the awakening.jpg
60KB, 400x606px
Just got back from seeing Dr Strange and its put me in a magical mood. Now I want to do some work with Mage: The Awakening. The themes seem appropriate (revealing knew truths, living in a bigger universe than is readily apparent).

My one hesitation is that the fluff of World of Darkness is so heavily bent towards conspiracy theory shit. Any tips for keeping the mystical mystery of MTA but making it more appropriate for big magical adventure shit too?

Is such a thing even possible? Is such a thing even moral?
>>
>>50257325
More like Dr Kaleidoscope
>>
>>50257325
Mage is probably one of the gamelines where you can ditch the conspiracy shit easiest.
Just ignore it, fuck off whenever they kick up a fuss, and explore the different dimensions and realms that make up the cosmos.

You get Arcane Experiences for investigating mystic shit and advancing your own understanding of the cosmos and the supernal.
Not for dicking around playing politics.
>>
>>50257362
honestly didnt mind that stuff too much. i wish theyd done someof it in different environments than just cities, and that theyd done a tiny bit more playing with which ways shit could be bent.

the finale was legitimately awesome though. different and clever compared to the rut of pleb action comedy stuff that marvel has been running into the ground.
>>
>>50257364
hmm. good point about the experiences thing. i was looking at 2e and liked most of it, but was going to skip because the 5 dot examples are all incredibly temporary and kind of shit for someone with the power to create or destroy concepts.

might just strip out some of the arbitrary restrictions and just use 2e.

PS: is it just me or is 2e mage written by and for larpers above tabletop players?
>>
>>50257448
That's because at the fifth level, your manipulations are so grand in scope that the Abyss is bound to notice and rey and restore the order you're subverting.

Also I don't really get the LARPer bit.
Why would you say that?
>>
>>50257489
im not sure, it just seems more structured toward it. something about ticking off "experiences" and beats instead of just accumulating experience points seems incredibly larpy. like the game runner could be helped by having beats to tick off to reward participation and engagement on the micro level.

i have a hard time imagining tabletop groups benefiting from having a secondary layer of xp tracking.

plus like i said the high level shit having those restrictions... i feel like the players/other mages should just be able to gauge and accept or refuse to take the risks of high powered magic. instead the game steers you away from it for some sort of balance. but having story breaking powers at higher levels is one of the things i and a lot of friends ive talked to LOVE about the game,

all of this is very imho obviously.
>>
>>50257489

Well, not him, but I think I know where he's coming from. If someone is trying to restore my shit, cool, that's something that can happen, people can try to revert it, but there shouldn't be a definite set duration on it, it doesn't make sense mechanically... unless you're playing a 50 man LARP, in which case, oh, you can't actually large-scale affect the surroundings, so treating them AS THOUGH they've been temporarily changed is way more viable.

Also, isn't the Abyss fucking with shit the direct source of Paradox? In which case the Abyss restoring order is already mechanically represented?
>>
>>50257635
Which is represented in your inability to get more than 1 free Reach for the Master-Level practices.
>>
>>50257581
It's a progression system that works for both really. It would be rather foolish to try and alienate LARPers since it directly contributed to the survival of the franchise.
>>
>>50257830

desu haven't played it, the community around WoD is so gross it saps my desire to play.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.