[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eberron General A general for this excellent, excellent setting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Eberron.jpg (142KB, 2264x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Eberron.jpg
142KB, 2264x1150px
Eberron General
A general for this excellent, excellent setting.

What are your favorite aspects of this setting?
>>
>>50255869
Did anyone else get the impression Riedra was fantasy China and Adar was fantasy Tibet?
>>
>>50255892
No, just you
>>
>>50255869
>What are your favorite aspects of this setting?
The use of magic for practical purposes
The emphasis on pulp/noir style stories
Barbaric dinosaur-riding halflings (and other subversions of standard tropes)
Inclusion of psionics from the start
Dragons taking an interest in prophecy and other things appropriate to super-intelligent, innately magical, incredibly long-lived beings

Just to name a few
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 187x269px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 187x269px
>>50255869
I ran 4 large span Eberron games.
3 of them involved merrix d'Cannith being either a warforged in disguise, a demon posession trying to unleash a prince of hell, or a dragon

I love ALL those games so much
>>
Blood of Vol. The racial supremacist half elves. Warforged. Warforged Titans.

This setting is chock full of cool shit.
>>
>>50255869
>What are your favorite aspects of this setting?
All of the factions emphasized in the campaign setting book alone.

Blood of Vol, Emerald Claw, the Chamber, Lords of Dust, Cults of the Dragon Below, the Dragonmarked houses, all the different nations, all detailed with emphasis on how they might work against each other in secret and how to spin your players into it.

I'm running my first foray into Eberron in 5e, third session this weekend. So far my players love it and prepping for it is smooth and fun.
>>
I've heard this setting described before as a setting that took a look at d&d tropes and assumptions seriously and built a world around that.

They didn't elaborate.

Can you elaborate on that /tg/? Also what book do I need to learn about Eberron? I prefer books that I can actually use to run a campaign at the table, not setting for the sake of setting.
>>
>>50262821
For 3.5, you need the core books and the Eberron Campaign Setting book to run Eberron. The Campaign Setting has four new races, a new class, a ton of feats, and basically everything you need to know about the setting. There's a handful of other books that elaborate on certain things more, and have more cool shit in them, but they're not 100% necessary.
4e is the same way, you need your core books for the game and then the Eberron book.
For 5e, you need core books and (I prefer 3.5's version) the campaign setting, plus there's a web supplement with Warforged stats on Wizards' website.
>>
>>50255869
Dragonshard was a good PC game.

its a bad introuction to eberron tho, i thought i could have badass lizardmen and non drow dark elves and maybe thri kreen.

and then it turned out to be weird crystal clockfop.
>>
File: spiced+rum+in+Madagascar.jpg (297KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
spiced+rum+in+Madagascar.jpg
297KB, 1000x667px
>>50255869
I thought the Sharn book was the best city book ever published for D&D, and I own the Greyhawk boxed set.

I liked the Dragonmarked Houses, though the dragonmarks themselves were kind of lame, just replicating simple low-level spells. They should have been unique magic unrelated to spellcasting. The idea of great noble houses powered by magic and deeply intertwined in commerce is great for a renaissance-era fantasy world. It's a natural progression of ye olde medieval fantasy and it was very well presented in Eberron.

Speaking of presentation, the graphic design for the books was superb, better than anything I've ever seen.
>>
>>50255869
I liked that a sphinx was head of research at Sharn University. Not only funny but very apropos.
>>
>>50267424
you mean morgrave university?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.