[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your current game's setting has come to the attention of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: Zaibach.png (660KB, 856x479px) Image search: [Google]
Zaibach.png
660KB, 856x479px
Your current game's setting has come to the attention of Emperor Dornkirk, of the Zaibach Empire. To complete his Fate Alteration Engine, his visions tell him that something in your setting is required.

The armies of Zaibach are great and use fantastical machines. Hundreds of floating forces carry its troops to where they need to be, and the armies of footsoldiers are aided by legions of Guymelefs. Towering metal warriors piloted by skilled knights, Zaibach Guymelefs can transform into a flight mode for travel, used liquid metal weapons that they can fire as retractable spears across dozens of meters or shape into any melee weapon they need, can spew flame in great gouts, and elite Zaibach Guymelefs can even render themselves completely invisible, and even attack while doing so.

But most dangerous of all are the destiny science machines operated by Dornkirk himself. Zaibach machines don't just allow the emperor to see the future, but to alter the fabric of destiny itself. Its an imperfect process, but the Destiny Prognostication Engine lets him see the future with great accuracy, only thwarted by the actions of others that can do the same. An example of his power, and its current limits, are his Enhanced Luck Soldiers. They died from the treatments after only a couple of battles, but during those fights they were invulnerable. Any warrior that raised a weapon against them suffered immediate misfortune, their weapons breaking or jamming such they they were rendered harmless just by being too close to the Enhanced Luck Soldiers and all of their skill failing them.
>>
File: floating fortress.jpg (34KB, 273x200px) Image search: [Google]
floating fortress.jpg
34KB, 273x200px
floating fortresses*

>>50239743

If Dornkirk succeeds in his plans and get what he needs from your world, he will be able to change the destiny of entire planets at a whim. The last such people to possess this power could even will new worlds into being from nothing, though they eventually destroyed themselves by using the power carelessly.

What can your party do to stop such an enemy? And what is it in your setting that he is probably there for?
>>
I don't think /tg/ has seen Escaflowne, OP.
>>
honestly Basram will just show up at the end and nuke his shit so who cares.
>>
File: escaflowne tech 1.jpg (739KB, 1050x1610px) Image search: [Google]
escaflowne tech 1.jpg
739KB, 1050x1610px
>>50241201
We have, and have had several threads about it in the past where we even made various statblocks for different 'melefs in different settings.

I'll dump what few rare tech-sheets I have.

Escaflowne was best when it focused on the politics, warfare and social intrigue... Should have ditched anything to do with Hitome.
>>
File: escaflowne tech 2.jpg (742KB, 1035x1605px) Image search: [Google]
escaflowne tech 2.jpg
742KB, 1035x1605px
>>50243380
>>
File: escaflowne tech 3.jpg (742KB, 1060x1625px) Image search: [Google]
escaflowne tech 3.jpg
742KB, 1060x1625px
>>50243400
>>
>>50239743
He and all of his armies die horribly. Probably due to orbital bombardment. Because ability to manipulate probabilities is really cool but doesn't help much if there is no way to win.

I doubt he has many chances to win against space opera setting empires spanning a good chunk of the galaxy each and throwing around hundreds and thousands of starships in engagements. He could get some footing on the first world he opens portal on but even that is debatable. We are talking here about things capable of moving at a good fraction of speed of light in real space and capable of FTL travel and weapons hitting a house with a power of fusion bomb from the moon orbit.

The moment one of his luck charms gets a glitch and allows even one shot through becomes his last moment.
>>
>>50239743
The gods smite them for being fucking weeaboos in their western high fantwsy setting.

And there was much rejoicing.
>>
>>50243927
>weeaboo
has this word lost all meaning?
>>
>>50243885

While you probably still win, from what I remember about Escaflowne it wasn't really just probability manipulation. One of the characters of the show has their 'destiny altered' such that it literally turns them into a different person, mentally and physically.

They turned a little girl into an insane dude obsessed only with killing. Mostly just to see if they could, though for the first half of the show he was pretty much unstoppable.

Its less probability manipulation and more rewriting reality.
>>
File: PBF071-Weeaboo.gif (76KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
PBF071-Weeaboo.gif
76KB, 900x300px
>>50244316
Just went back to its roots.
>>
>>50239743
>>50239792
First, it will make a lot of dragons very unhappy.

Second, said dragons are extradimentional reality warpers.

That said, it'll be interesting to watch, as both sides can't curbstomp one another.
>>
File: Astonished.jpg (131KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
Astonished.jpg
131KB, 600x502px
>>50239743
>The elves, battered and broken from generations of surviving on the edge of the wilderness give the strangers a wide berth, fearing their clearly awesome power.
>The dwarves are secluded too deep beneath the mountains and too preoccupied thwarting the endless goblin invaders to even notice
>The humans and northmen get annihilated if they even try and get in the way.

I guess the universe is fucked.
>>
File: laughterStops.png (123KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
laughterStops.png
123KB, 356x256px
>>50247992
Actually, now that I think about it, the gods probably put aside their petty feuds and wipe the invaders off the face of existence.

The last time someone got mad the goblins happened. They were so numerous that they left the entire half of a continent burned and trampled and were able to literally drown entire keeps under their corpses. They were just a warning shot.

I don't want to see what happens when the gloves come off.
>>
>>50239743
>>50239792
Y'know it's funny. My current character literally holds the soul of a dragon-god so I'm pretty sure I can cause all those dragon hearts to explode on command.

I mean, a single mech could do it. Why not me?
>>
>>50248035

Depends. Are dragons in your setting powered by crystal balls?

Because I could see dragon energist as being the wrong kind of dragon for your dragon god. Different world, and all.
>>
The part I probably find most worrying is that he can see the future so accurately. Presumably, he wouldn't both to send his armies into other worlds unless he had at least some visions that showed that they could succeed. Only an idiot would commit to a war if all possible futures that resulted from doing so were defeat.

So even accounting for gods or space empires, Dornkirk probably has some reason to believe he can pull a win out of this one.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.