[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dwarven puppy dog edition Mk3 list building: http://conflic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 25

File: Dawg.jpg (393KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dawg.jpg
393KB, 600x600px
Dwarven puppy dog edition

Mk3 list building: http://conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
http://textuploader <dot> com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
http://charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists
>>
Magnus did nothing wrong
>>
Reminder that Skorne's only competitive options are Rasheth, Xerxis1, Morghoul1, and Zaadesh2.
>>
>>50236701
>That official spelling mistake in Hammerfall
C L A S S Y
L
A
S
S
Y
>>
>Thinking about a Siege Animantarax
>Check the card
>Can only hold 3 tokens
>Can't boost its guns
HAHAHAHAAA, WIPEOUT
>>
>>50236995
And Mak2 trumps them all.
>>
>>50237503
>No damage buffs
>No useful spells
>Mediocre feat
>Elite cadre for a shit unit
>Literally just Stay Death: the Warlock
Sentries are secretly the best beast in Skorne, you just need to bring a warlock that can help their damage, and suddenly you just win because 10/21 with an Agonizer nearby is hilarious. Shitkeda can wait until erratas.
>>
>>50237772
>Literally just Stay Death: the Warlock
Correct. It's still enough to get her to the top in Skorne.

>>50237772
>Sentries are secretly the best beast in Skorne
They're good. I prefer teh Cannoneer but both are viable.
>>
>>50237863
You always bring a Cannoneer, but something needs to go on the frontlines, and a 10/23 for 15 points that can kill an enemy heavy in one activation is very strong. RNG2 shouldn't be underestimated either. Put Admonition on it and you can play keepaway with enemy heavies from outside their range.
>>
Any particular reason why Vorkesh doesn't have Shield Wall? You know, the only ability the unit he's attached to has?
>>
>>50238036
He doesn't need it?

Shield Wall is an order, not an ability.
>>
>>50238062
Not that poster, but isn't Vorkesh the de-facto leader of a unit he's attached to what with being an officer? And as he himself does not have the order, doesn't this imply that a unit with Vorkesh cannot be given the Shield Wall order?
>>
>>50238096
Page 64, Issuing Orders, last paragraph

"A unit commander can issue any orders to it's unit that is specified in the unit's or leader's special rules."
>>
>>50238322
>We want to cut down on the words on cards
>But we're not going to make it any easier to find what you need in the rule book
>>
>>50238384
I mean, it seems to be in the logical place to find out if a UA can issue orders.
>>
>>50236701
I wonder what drove them to build this when they already have warjacks and artillery.
>>
>>50238423
They wanted to take the mountain with them.
>>
>>50236701>>50236701

That moment when I forgot to title the thread. Sorry if the thread dies to my stupidity folks.

Also that moment when no one will attack rhul so we get more ANAZAC dorfs.
>>
>>50239232
Ctrl+F "warma" still finds it.
>>
File: IMG-20161113-WA0003.jpg (827KB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161113-WA0003.jpg
827KB, 4160x2340px
Salty or not, SoH seems pretty cool.
>>
>>50239307
That colour scheme is awful.
>>
>>50239307
thin your paints is not a meme. It's real.
>>
>>50240127
His metal don't look too bad, mostly because metal paints work best when they're thicc.
>>
>>50240187
Yeah but look at the knees and the feet
>>
>>50240251
Yeah I know, it's awful. The sword isn't even metal what the shit.
>>
>>50238423
They wanted mobile artillery that moved itself and didn't require a cortex?
>>
So I bought a cheap Menoth force off a guy that I need to strip the paint from. Included in that is 3 Repenters, bringing my repenter count up to 5. So I plan on painting one up in bronze, another silver, and another gold for prizes at a future event.

Until then, should I run this list y/n

Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 points

(Malekus 1) Malekus, the Burning Truth [+30]
- Repenter [8]
- Repenter [8]
- Repenter [8]
- Repenter [8]
- Repenter [8]
- Hand of Judgment [18]
- Hierophant [3]
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard [9]
Choir of Menoth (max) [6]
Exemplar Errants (max) [16]
The Covenant of Menoth [4]
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord [4]
Exemplar Errant Seneschal [4]
Wrack [1]

I don't have knights exemplar or else I'd probably use those. Anyway, I have feora1 and feora2 as options as well.
>>
>>50241276
>Menoth
You bought a Protectorate force mo' fugga
>>
>>50241276
That list is going to struggle to kill anything with 3+ heavies, which is virtually every list in the game now. Repenters are not good in mk3 -- RAT 5 really kills them, and the vast infantry swarms of mk2 that they want to hose down no longer exist.
>>
>>50237947
The only heavies that a sentry is reliably killing is a titan gladiator or cannoneer.

Khador jack survives with ~8 boxes vs an enraged sentry. Menoth jack survives with 1-2 if one of the cheap shitty ones, or around 8-10 if an Ashen Veil jack since mat 6 misses def 12 a little over a quarter of the time. Def 12 cygnar jacks will probably survive too with around 2-4 boxes.
>>
>>50241421
I didn't ask if it'd be good. I just have 5 repenters right now and Malekus is probably the best person to run them until I get rid of these things.

The express purpose of this list is to put HoJ on the table with 5 repenter ducklings for fun. I'm just wanting to figure out how to build the rest of this list.
>>
>>50239307
I've never really been a fan of blue and red together, at least not in significant quantities. Also, yea, thin layers of paint may take more work but it comes out so much better
>>
What is the ideal count of myrmidons for a Helynna1 50 point list in MKIII?

Battle College has precious little information and I'd love to have some advice on how many Griffons/Aspis/Chimera, and how many Phoenix/Sphinx or if I should shell out for Imperatus/Discordia.
>>
>>50241440
>Khador jack survives with ~8 boxes vs an enraged sentry
That's why I consider the best Skorne warlocks to be the ones with damage buffs. Rasheth, Morg1, and Xerxis1 can all solve the Sentry's problem, and just happen to be our best warlocks anyway.Xerxis1 only solves it with his feet, but who cares when your list isn't going to die anyway. Shit's stupid high ARM.
>>
File: Syntherion1_75.png (151KB, 409x615px) Image search: [Google]
Syntherion1_75.png
151KB, 409x615px
My considered Synth anti-gunline list.

ADR will let it transform into a pretty reliable anti heavy spam list.
>>
>>50241440

Anon mentioned casting Admonition in the next breath. Clearly mainlining Morghoul1 has warped his mind (and math skills).

>not that I'll criticize
>if you're going to be mary jane's bitch, that's a fine-assed jane right there
>>
What's an ideal 25 point list for Protectorate? I've got

Malekus
Choir
Exemplar Errants
Repenter
Revenger
Castigator
Harbinger

Having trouble coming up with exactly 25 with what I have, but the group I'm with does allow proxies for experimentation.
>>
File: 1477325644555.jpg (296KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1477325644555.jpg
296KB, 800x800px
When do we think Zapdos is coming out? Its a great looking model.

Also any news on a DJ resculpt?
>>
>>50242248
25 is a *really* awkward point level, and it's not helped by you not having a lot of the things you want for a standard Protectorate list.
>>
>>50242331
It's the next point tier we're all going up to, unfortunately for me. Still, proxies can be used so I'm still tinkering.
>>
>>50242331

Isn't the bird coming out next month?
>>
I haven't played in ages, and don't have many models. Mostly just Abby1 Monster Mash. How is she these days?
>>
>>50241666
Maybe the picture of mine looks shitty but i did thin my paints and no i didn't use blobs auf thick layers. May not helped that i had to use an older modell and throw it into isoprop.
>>
>>50244512
Grievous Wounds shuts off her feat, unfortunately. She picked up Resourceful and Elite Cadre: Ashen Veil for Forsaken. Proteus got better. Overall she's not amazing but probably not the worst caster in Legion.
>>
>>50242277
Zapdos is December iirc, and as far as 3 months out tgere is no new DJ. No idea if anything after that.
>>
File: IMG-20161113-WA0005.jpg (743KB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161113-WA0005.jpg
743KB, 4160x2340px
>>50244818
Here take the rest...
>>
>>50244941
I think it looks good anon, all these chumps are just assmad because their armies are just bare metal or sprayblack.
>>
>>50244830

That's something. Honestly, I figured GW shut her feat down anyway, but it never came up in the games I managed to play.

The only other caster I have is pLilith from the old starter box (mines metal). I'm assuming she's still solid.

What about eAbby and B&B? I wanted to get them, but never had the chance.

Sorry if I'm annoying. There's a guy at my new LGS that actually used to play, so I'm starting to obsess over the game again.
>>
>>50244985
No shit. I knew a guy who had literally unpainted tons of Warmahordes stuff. Fuck the shit is ugly as he never even had the decensy too at least prime it. But behold he came across something he didn't like and then he gave you painting tipps.
>>
>>50238423
Can't put dorfs in a jack.
>>
Legion guy here again. How is the new starter box? I don't actually have any of those models except the Shredders, which I have like 4 or 6 of already.
>>
>>50245625
It's not bad
>>
>>50245633

Doesn't look it for $40 MSRP. Are the Nephs actually usable now? I recall them being not even worth looking at in the past.
>>
>>50245625
Krissa is pretty bad but it's OK against other battle boxes that aren't Khador. If you already have Legion models skip it and spend your money on something actually worth putting on the table
>>
>>50245667

Is she bad? Damn. She looked kinda cool.

As for what I have, like I said before, it's mostly big monsters from Abby1. Off the top of my head:

pAbby
pLylyth
Typhon
Scytheon
Angelous
Carni
Forsaken
Shepherd
4/6 Shredders
2 Stingers

All metal because plastic didn't exist yet. I kinda wanted the big box, but I already have a few of those models.
>>
File: 1469815551498.png (2MB, 975x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1469815551498.png
2MB, 975x1263px
Elara2 when, lads?
>>
>>50246428
I've heard of multiple TOs allowing the pJuniors as valid proxies until the release of the eJuniors. Ask yours and you might be allowed to play her right now.
>>
>>50236701 still no share of mark of caine pdf?
>>
JUSTICE FOR CRYX
>>
>>50242248
Menoth suffers from the same problem as Skorne and Trolls; all of your lists are taxed by auto include support. You think it's a 25 point list, when really you only get 21 points. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it's like 7-8% of your whole list.
>>
>>50241459
You asked if you should run it. Consider that a "n", as it's bad.
>>
>>50244941
I'm not the first guy, and I'm not saying its super bad. You might want to pick out some bits to differentiate the colors, like the knee plates and the ones on the feet, just to break it up a little. The blue, are you going for a blend look? That's the weirdest part for me. You might want to work with wetter layers. Here's a picture of my Hand of Judgement, I haven't gotten around to painting my Scourge yet. If you vary the colors a bit I think it's easier to distinguish the different parts. Maybe a bad example with all the gold, but you can see what I'm talking about on the legs. Also are you going for a red sword or a heat effect? I can give you a few tips if you want.
>>
File: PICT_20160318_010609.jpg (659KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PICT_20160318_010609.jpg
659KB, 1440x1080px
>>50248107
Derp forgot picture.
>>
>>50244941

I like it anon, as several others have pointed out, Warmahord players ain't famous for their willingness to paint their armies.

I have several fully painted, but most of my mates just play assembled with a few models painted tops. I don't mind that much, but I know it would enrich the game if both players fielded fully painted armies. And its a great way to ensure its not all about the "pay to win", if you say all units must be painted.
>>
File: 1477118797659.jpg (848KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1477118797659.jpg
848KB, 1280x800px
>>50245054

Haha, oh wow, thats rich! Ok, sure there are always those guys who don't paint their shit, but to complain and correct if you don't hold up to a masterclass standard (like they do over at /wip/), thats just to much!
>>
So I play Circle and I was just waiting for january Errata to buy some stuff.

Now I know that I have to wait up to February cause Kaya3, Loki and Theme Force.

The nice part is that PP fuck with Errata I will sell instead of buy.
>>
>>50248038
Choir is so good, even if your jacks got the +2 P+S it provides, they'd still be an auto-include in every list, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>50248208
>PP
>ever not fellating Circle players
Your stuff will be fine.
>>
File: IMG_20161115_142732836.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161115_142732836.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>50248270
I'd drop Handlers in a heartbeat if all of my relevant beasts had +2PS.

And speaking of painting models, here's a Void Spirit that I just finished. It's my 2nd one, and I'm quite proud of it. There's definite improvement since I first started.
>>
>>50248305
Handlers are worse than Choir, though. More expensive, and everything except +2 STR is worse than what the Choir has to offer.
>>
>>50248331
If Handlers had their MAT pushed up to 6 I'd stop complaining about them. They're actually an incredibly point efficient way of killing infantry when they can land a hit, like under Makeda1's Carnage. Inbuilt 11" threat range with MAT7 and anatomical precision? Hell fuckin' yeah man. But at present the only things my Handlers kill is each other when I want souls on my Soulwards.
>>
>>50248356
The choir kill no-one with their mat 4 and pow 6. I've even had some instances where it mattered, too.
>>
>>50248380
I'd sooner pay less and not have the offensive potential without losing the STR though. Revert back to Mk2 Handlers when? Hell leave the points the same, just give me my free fuckin' charges PP, I ain't launched Molik Karn at someone in FOREVER.
>>
File: BaneRiders.jpg (366KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BaneRiders.jpg
366KB, 600x600px
So /tg/ how good are they?
Got a box lying around, and was tempted to assemble and paint just for fun.
>>
>>50248674
They should be absolute beasts with every caster that can deliver them. Goreshade3 can give them Stealth and Revive them, so he's probably the prime candidate.
>>
>>50245014
It might be an unpopular assessment, but I think Lylyth1 is quite good. She has Pursuit and Parasite now, and can apply them from 16" away at effective magic ability 8 (one of her bow shot types is Witch Mark). Plus she has Prowl so the Succubus you're bringing for the free upkeep can make her Stealth'd every round. I like her a lot.
>>
>>50248790
She does look really good, probably more so in Champions, where Sloan doesn't rip her a new one.
>>
>>50245014
No need to apologize, interest in the game is good! Abbey2 is usually seen as one of our better armor crackers, because she speeds our stuff up and in the edition change our Carnivean-chassis beasts went down to Speed 5. But if you're not seeing GW every game (like I do with Alten Ashley everywhere) Abbey1 has a pretty deep toolbox to play with. In my opinion, you could use Lylyth1 for armor crack and Abbey1 for attrition and probably have a lot of successful and fun games after you familiarize yourself with the lists. Keep in mind Eyeless Sight no longer ignores forests for Line of Sight.
>>
>>50245655
Nephilim Bolt Throwers are basically mandatory with any of our casters with a ranged weapon, since their Mk3 animus is Far Strike for Snipe on it or the caster. Lylyth and Vayle in particular get a lot of mileage out of one. Plus the gun is great pow with a chance at some control. Kryssa isn't bad per se, she's just sort of boring and really needs to win on her feat turn or she falls way behind. Her personal mobility is impressive for a spd 5 model but her personal threat is rather lacking.
>>
Halp me with this Steamroller list, /tg/. You clearly know more than me despite me having played this list quite a bit now.

Here's the list as it is now:

>(Xerxis 1) Tyrant Xerxis [+28]
- Agonizer [7]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Cataphract Cetrati (max) [20]
- Tyrant Vorkesh [6]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Void Spirit [4]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Gremlin Swarm [3]

And here's what I'm considering:

>(Xerxis 1) Tyrant Xerxis [+28]
- Agonizer [7]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Cataphract Cetrati (max) [20]
- Tyrant Vorkesh [6]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Void Spirit [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]

>Dropped
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]

>Added
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]

My theory is that the PGMT can deal with infantry like Orin, and if I'm really worried about a spell like Hellmouth on Wurmwood which I KNOW will be at the Steamroller, I'll just run my other list (pMorghoul) which has Orin. The PGMT can also hit and run through my Cetrati because of Xerxis. The reason I'm thinking of maxing my Handlers is because it's the only way I can really get any souls on my Soulward, and the Soulward is a HUGE threat to Hordes armies, which I think I'll be facing more of. The Bellows Crew is just a nice way to spend your last 2 points in Hordes.

WHAT DO
>>
>>50248924
If you have Karax, they're usually a better choice than Cetrati as they perform the tarpit role for much fewer points and are faster. If you are adamant on Cetrati, however, Xerxis is certainly where I'd use them. Might want to consider Despoiler or Tiberion but I'm aware that's a lot of points to swap around. What are you planning on having this list drop into, besides not Wurmwood or other spell-heavy warnouns?
>>
>>50249048
The Cetrati aren't there as a tarpit, they're there as a tarpit/brick/huge damage unit. I honestly wouldn't consider Despoiler outside of Mord, or Tibbers at all. Tibbers just costs too many points man. I'd sooner have a Sentry and an Agonizer in just about any list.

As for when I use the list, this is my go-to safe list, it isn't really a drop for anything. I don't even think Wurmwood is that big of a concern for this list honestly. I'm always panicking about Hellmouth because the spell is obscene, but he can't even target my Cetrati. The hope is that this is a list that my opponent is forced to answer, as opposed to a list that tries to answer. PS13+5d6 on the charge Cetrati are a sight to behold. And having realised that Cetrati can't be hit with Hellmouth anyway, I don't think the list needs Orin so I'm most likely going to go with the 2nd list.

To sate your curiosity, the other list is generally better for cracking ARM, but I'm confident it has game against most anything.

>(Morghoul 1) Master Tormentor Morghoul [+30]
- Agonizer [7]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Void Spirit [4]
>>
>>50248787

I got the old limited 35 pts box dug up from my basement just recently, and have the new starter set to play along.
I was hoping to be able to play Agathia as my deliverer due to her feat. This goes for my Bane Warriors as well.
I haven't played much mk3, and the only reason I never got around with Cryx in mk2 was my other projects and that all my friends constant complaints about the team. Now though, its a totally different story!
>>
>>50248331
+2 STR is still worse because choir buff works on ranged attacks.
>>
>>50248924
Go play Tubby instead. Rasheth is vastly superior if you actually want to win games.
>>
>>50249712
I just don't wanna get hold of him desu senpai. He's an expensive model and my case ain't got much space left.
>>
>>50249141
That's fair. Main suggestion for Despoiler or Tibbers is that they both hit pretty hard and bring their own utility (Tiberion beats things to death and goes nowhere while being a durable shield guard and Despoiler helps Xerxis camp a little more). Mostly from what I have seen Cetrati are either not survivable or very slow on the approach, but your experience with them may be better I'll admit.
>>
>>50249920
I'm not afraid to pop my feat defensively is the big thing I think. I'll happily move to within 6" of my opponent and go up to pseudo 26ARM and just weather the storm before cracking back. The Sentry's Retaliary Strike animus also gets the extra dice lel. The only thing that can realistically get through that much ARM at my LGS is the Minions player because Rask and Wrasslers makes for muchos damagos, as well as snacking negating tough.

I do wish the Sentry had better damage though. His giant Helberd has POW4, while a Nihilator's Greatsword has POW5. That just feels wrong to me.
>>
>>50248331

The thing with Handlers is inescapably a mk2 to mk3 comparison thing. Beast Handlers got more expensive, not even as a relative thing, as an absolute thing. As a relative thing, there are less points to work with. Handlers also got less capable.

So, to recap: More expensive, less total resources to spend on them, and less capable. "How about we avoid this problem entirely" becomes hella attractive.
>>
>>50250038
To say that Handlers became less capable is not a definite thing. +1" on a throw is definitely a tool you can play around with. Throwing 9" under Morg1 with a Bronzeback can be stupid, especially if you're throwing a Sentry who lands on his feet anyway and immediately ties shit up.

But man I'd love to go to back Mk2 Handlers.
>>
>>50249988
Those are fair points. I'm just not sure our list hits hard enough if/when the Cetrati die to really go toe-to-toe with much. I suppose it's a meta situation. If it works for you, it works. I don't know your meta. I feel that most gunlines worth their salt will either circumvent dealing with your list the way you want and kill Xerxis or simply chew through the Cetrati and leave you without enough oomph to piece trade effectively. Enrage only lasts for a Turn so the Sentry probably isn't killing or crippling much with Defensive Strike. Just things to keep in mind I suppose. If our meta can't deal with it then keep rocking it dude.
>>
>>50248924
>Halp me with this Steamroller list, /tg/.
I can't see any Ferox in that list. Come back to me when you ahve Ferox in your list.
>>
>>50250086
Don't forget that Xerxis can give a warrior unit/model +2 damage on its first roll, making Cetrati basically PS13+3d6, a very respectable slab of damage without charging/feat. My meta doesn't really have gunlines, with the only Ret player being the guy who I know is bringing Wurmwood. The only things at my LGS that will resist Cetrati damage are Khador jacks, and Morghoul will deal with those fucks. All in all I'm quietly confident, especially since I have a high win rate at my LGS in normal games.

>>50250128
XD
>>
>>50236701
We Metal Slug now.
>>
>>50236701

How are its rules?
>>
>>50250191
>XD
I'm dead serious. It's the strongest unit in Skorne.
>>
>>50250846
Cetrati hit harder and are more survivable while having more models and costing less, it's mainly a speed advantage.
>>
>>50250846
For 1 more point you can get 2 units of Karax.
>>
>>50251003
>For 1 more point you can get 2 units of Karax.
Why not both?

>>50250977
Ferox are the only unit in Skorne that put pressure on the opponent. I'd rather face Cetrati any day. Sure, Cetrati take more to kill, but they don't actually do anything for 3-4 turns. Especially when confronted with something like Lightning Pod + Time Bomb. They're very easy to control.
>>
>>50251097
>Why not both?
Because at some point you need to actually kill your opponent's shit.
>>
>>50251097
>Ferox are the only unit in Skorne that put pressure on the opponent. I'd rather face Cetrati any day. Sure, Cetrati take more to kill, but they don't actually do anything for 3-4 turns. Especially when confronted with something like Lightning Pod + Time Bomb. They're very easy to control.

There's also Immortals with that UA of theirs, but the guy had to have been really committed to it when designing his list. I don't think it would work if you just threw a unit in there.
>>
>>50251097
They aren't actually that threatening though. 21 points for pow 12s isn't a good deal. I don't care if they're boosted, the 21 point unit is going to put like 10-15 damage onto a heavy and that's it. I'm sure they'd be good for killing heavy infantry but no one uses any.
>>
>>50251118
And Ferox do just that.
>>
>>50251097
>Cetrati are very easy to control.
Literally what? It's a brick of dangerous, hard to kill, RNG2 dudes that on call can have pathfinder, +2", or +2 damage. What do you even mean, that you can somehow keep them from getting on top of objectives or something? As though the Cetrati aren't just gonna run turn 1. Ferox are a lot easier to "control" than you think. Their jump has to be completely within 5", when they themselves have like a 2.5" base. Heads up spacing on your infantry and Ferox can't jump over them.
>>
>>50251157
Cetrati will advance 7" or die next turn (outside of top-of-1). Potentially both. They owe all of their survivability to a 6p UA and a 7p beast. And if the opponent has deadly shot or ways to slow them down (one of my lists usually has) they are effectively out of the game.

>>50251155
>They aren't actually that threatening though.
Have you played with or against them? I have done both.
>>
>>50251188
Then please tell me what you are killing with their pow 12s.
>>
As of tomorrow, either your favourite warcaster, favourite warlock, or favourite solo will be your roommate.

Which do you choose and why?

Refusal to make a choice gives you Vinter, who will constantly moan and bitch about his brother, eat all your food/drink all your booze, and periodically enter a drunken rage over Magnus' latest demands that he pay child support for his son.
>>
>>50251197
You mean with boosted POW16s (14 unbuffed)? I dunno. Whatever ends up within their (unbuffed) 14-15" threat range.

I mean, sure you have every right to be bad at WMH, but just take a second to look at what every good Skorne player is currently playing. It's Ferox.
>>
>>50251225
The Journeyman warcaster. I'd imagine him as the most disillusioned person in the entire world.

>"Hey, guess what happened today. High command finally forced my major to assign me a warjack. And what does that bitch send my way? A fucking Firefly. And stupid me thought I'd get to fry Khadoran pigs with Lightning. But no, that bitch just told me to run it upfield so her precious friend Dynamo that her sugar daddy lent her can shoot better. Worst fucking day in the army."
>>
>>50251242
You're going to have to tell me how you got those numbers.

The only way they get boosted 16s is if charging and using Xerxis to buff their damage in which case you get 8 + 3 + 2 for 13 inches. So yay, spending more points than other cavalry for the same pow 16, either killing 5 infantry models or maybe one heavy, then using their mighty reposition 3 to fail to leave the threat range of the enemy army.

Or you could use press forward and jump to let them threat 15.5 inches with pow 12 pounces with no damage buffs. And unless you jump behind your target, an action which at a minimum is taking 3 inches off your threat, that pounce attack is mat 6.

So please, show your math.
>>
>>50251337
Without a Tycom:
Move 8", jump 5", attack 1" (combine away the spears) for a total of 14". Goes to 16" with a Tycom, but I'm not sure that's worth it.

Or charge 11" and attack 2" for a total of 13".

In my head they were SPD9 though, so there's where my extra inch comes from. My bad.

For the POW, I assume StB on them, because this is a Xerxis1 list after all.

Also, do not dismiss the combination of Reposition and Dodge on a unit that in said list will have Defender's Ward. Reposition on its own is great, but DEF15 with Dodge is amazing, as Thorn can attest to.
>>
>>50251403
The mount attack is half inch.
>>
>>50251416
Well fuck me, my math is off by 1.5" then. I do not think that invalidates the point though.
>>
>>50251416
Also, again, if you're trying to pounce then take at least 3 inches off the threat range you gave because if you don't jump behind your target you're mat 6. And it's pretty fucking easy to stop a large base from placing it behind models, that's why tramples are usually garbage.
>>
>>50251438
>if you don't jump behind your target you're mat 6
You combine up to 8 with the Spears though. That is perfectly fine.
>>
>>50251403
If StB is on them, the TyCom can't buff them.
>>
>>50251450
So you're doing all this buffing and everything to bring them up to the level of 20 point arm 19 iron fang uhlans, which still almost never see play.
>>
>>50251498
Uhlans see play. But they don't hardcounter Wormwood.
>>
>>50251225
Acosta.

Thamar tells me so.
And he'd maybe introduce me to Fiona...
>>
>>50251566
>But they don't hardcounter Wormwood
Meanwhile Cetrati can't be targeted by his spells, and Skorne heavies are more than capable of moving through forests due to Rush. If I wanted to assassinate casters with meme models, I'd play Morghoul2.
>>
>>50251713
>Meanwhile Cetrati can't be targeted by his spells
And can advance a whopping 5" through his forests. Amazing.

>meme models
Like I said. It's what the good players are playing. I can tell you are not one.
>>
>>50251735
Are you implying the only way to beat Wurmwood's feat is to assassinate Wurmwood through it? Like nigger it's not like the trees do damage, they're just annoying. Cetrati ambling forwards 5" with 24ARM and chopping anything they can get their hands on is fine. Hell, feat that turn and bring them up to 26ARM, Circle isn't great at cracking that kind of ARM. Even a Stalker warping STR will be dice-8. Your Ferox would just get cucked off the table.
>>
>>50248829

Well, thanks for that, then.

I don't know if I will be seeing it (IF I see anything at all), but I know that I didn't with my old, short-lived group. Otherwise, it seems they toned down some of the "Legion ignores everything" rules, which is probably for the better.

Might grab Abby 2 then. She was always my favorite character for Legion.

>>50245701 is my list of models, which is why I was thinking about getting the current starter box. I don't have any thing there but the Shredders. Any other suggestions?

>>50248859

Well, that's certainly something. Cool. Shame Kryssa isn't that great. Her model looks cool. If I get people to buy the starter boxes, then I'll get to try her out.
>>
>>50251225
>Skarre2

GREAT RACK
>>
Man, why is Thorle so shit. He's easily the best looking 'lock in Circle.

But why is he so fucking bad.

How to fix Thorle?
>>
>>50251840
>Are you implying the only way to beat Wurmwood's feat is to assassinate Wurmwood through it?
No. You eed to threaten at least some part of his list though. I mean, sure, it's not auto-win, but it's strong.

>Cetrati ambling forwards 5" with 24ARM and chopping anything they can get their hands on
Which is nothing at all. A 33p package the opponent does not have to care about at all is pretty much the greatest present you can make to your opponent.
>>
>>50251887
>A 33p package the opponent does not have to care about at all
Bitch please, it's 37pts, you forgot the Willbreaker. And you cannot for a second stop thinking about the Cetrati who are already over halfway up the table. Wurmwood can only run for so long before a Stone or Cassius dies and suddenly he's stuck. And don't forget, you can always trample through his forest with Rush on and buy attacks.
>>
>>50251959
Have you actually played against Wormwood? I mean, against a good Wormwood player? Because I doubt you have.
>>
>>50251982
I'm sure they have all kinds of crazy tricks I haven't even thought of that only the Ferox can deal with.
>>
>>50252053
QED. Now go and actually play the game.
>>
>>50252094
>Now go and actually play the game.
It's like 9pm. I've painted 2 solos today though, neither of which I'm using in my upcoming Steamroller. Best part is I have unpainted models that I intend to use. The locals being lazy shits with their painting has awarded them an "only 50% needs to be painted" rule, and most of my shit is done already anyway.
>>
>>50252322
>I've painted 2 solos today though
Very good!
>>
>>50252398
Th-the models w-were a Void Spirit and S-Soulward :3c
>>
>>50252418

Void Spirits #2 through #5 await then, anon.

>>50251982
Crack a Stone, Kill Cassius, but be able to do it through the feat and after a turn of Hellmouth/Stranglehold having its way with your list until it gets tired of your stupid face.

That's the design problem, after that it's gameplay.
>>
>>50251225
>Constance Blaize

Well, she'll be a lovable little holy girl whose insecure about herself, needing me to hang around with her to make her come out of her shell and grow as a human being.
>>
>>50252753
Speaking of which, how is she in MK3?

I've got my Morrowan models sitting on the shelf collecting dust, I want to know how that girls doing in the new edition.
>>
>>50252739
This was Void Spirit #2, I've had it a while just never finished painting it. I don't plan on using Mordikaar again until the errata anyway, he's just too impotent of a warlock. Last game I had 11 fury on him at one point and all I could do was boost the hit and damage on his gun and an Essence Blast. Admittedly turning Despoiler into a spray of viscera almost won me the game and would have if Essence Blast wasn't just base STR, but Mordikaar is just a lame duck now. I popped feat, next turn my opponent's heavies didn't miss a single attack on my titans and didn't even boost.
>>
Today I'm working on a titan gladiator, a savage, and a raider. I'm getting battle boxes painted up for a press ganger application. I'm doing 2 of each system so I can check both boxes on the application, the khador box is done and so is xekaar.
>>
WHY IS THERE SO MUCH SKORNE ON TG?
>>
>>50253384
Everyone else is happy with their faction so has nothing to talk about.
>>
>>50253384
Everyone else is busy playing games. Skorne is unplayable so the Skorne players are here instead of out playing.
>>
File: IMG-20161108-WA0001.jpg (1MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161108-WA0001.jpg
1MB, 4160x2340px
>>50248113
I may have postet them but yes. Thanks for the tips i already have finished my Dervish twins. How do you do your Metall colors?
>>
>>50247522
Or trolls card deck...
>>
>>50253569
Golds are the hardest part, I start with a medium brown basecoat and then a few layers of gold until it looks right. Silver pretty much goes over any color. After that, I do a heavy black wash, or careful brown wash over the filigree. The next step is to go back with the same metal color and clean it up, so you only have the wash where you want it. Lastly I go with a slightly lighter color and do a bit of highlighting, I like it very minimally with metals so it's generally just a very light drybrushing.
>>
>>50253745
I'm not that guy, but painting Skorne with P3 Solid Gold I've always found that blobbing on gold very thick gets the best result. Admittedly most of my gold is the trimming on armour so take it with a pinch of salt.
>>
>>50251225
>Goreshade
Well fuck
>>
File: PICT_20150418_023432.jpg (574KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PICT_20150418_023432.jpg
574KB, 1440x1080px
>>50253812
yeah I've found that works alright for trim but if you want to do any areas with details, like filigree, you need to do a few thin coats.
>>
Where's the best place to order online for US?
>>
>>50254295
Ebay or bartertown.
>>
>>50251870
Wold War
>>
>>50254360

How about not second hand?
>>
well guys, I played my first ever match yesterday and I won! I was playing a 50-point CoC army, I had a 75-point ready but my Prime Axiom was having a shit so I had to drop down. Everyone there was super cool about everything, a lot nicer than my usual MtG events.
Interesting thing I noticed: nobody smelled bad, which was a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>50250846
>costs more than Storm Lances
>>
>>50254408
Your local games store.
>>
>>50254468

My local games doesnt sell PP.

Thanks for being helpful.
>>
>>50254495
Then why do you need PP models if you don't have a community?
>>
>>50254524

Because my lgs is plagued by 40k, I already have a few WMH models, and I found someone else who has some and neither of us want to play Shitty-K?
>>
>>50254556
Still ebay, then.

Most stuff you see on ebay is NIB,
>>
>>50254604

How much cheaper is it, though?
>>
>>50254628
You can find out at www.ebay.com
>>
>>50254660

Fuck off
>>
>>50254671
What, do you want me to make an excel sheet of every price on every model between 5 different websites for you? You fuck off.
>>
>>50254628
Generally a little more than 10-20% which is better than the other online retailers. Your LGS can't order you stuff? All the distributors I know of carry it
>>
>>50254295
miniature market and DGI are okay.
>>
>>50254701

No, but a general idea would have been good instead of being a cunt about it. My experience with ebay has usually been full of people trying to get more than msrp, which is why I was asking.
>>
>>50254711

He charges MSRP for minis. Even 10% is big difference for this shit because of how expensive it all is. I think part of it is his GW rep made him buy all this product that isn't moving, which is pretty shitty.

>>50254717

I used to use MM, but they had nothing in stock.

I'll check out DGI, thanks.
>>
>>50254835
That sucks. Our FLGS gives a 10% discount on anything that isn't on their shelves
>>
>>50254870

There's one I /could/ go to that I know for a fact gives 25% off GW, but it's about an hour and a half away. I also don't know if that extends to anything else because I think he said it was a discount GW gave the owner.

It's a shame. I like this LGS guy, but it's a newer store, and I think GW screwed him.
>>
File: Fuckebay.jpg (144KB, 720x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckebay.jpg
144KB, 720x1056px
This is why I generally avoid ebay anymore.
>>
>>50255015
That's nice

Let me check what NIB I've bought from ebay the last few months

Father Lucant, $12
Idrian UA, $10
Obstructors, $18
High Reclaimer, $13
Amon, $10
Steelhead Riflemen, $35
>>
I want to use Windictus more, but I really am hating on his model. I can't bring myself to paint it. Do you think I could replace his body with Tristan 1, and use his head, pipes and arms? It might take a little bit of sculpting to get the pipes to line up but that doesn't bother me. I don't have a Tristan yet so I'm not sure on the scale.
>>
>>50253902
>implying this wouldn't be great

Get into zany mad science shenanigans and a bucket + Voass means you never have to deal with cold beers. Need some work done around the house? Summon a bunch of banes to do it for you.
>>
>>50255460
Do you think deathwalker puts out
>>
>>50255351
You'd have to include Vindictus' weapons but yeah you could use the body.
>>
>>50255867
Yeah that's what I meant by arms, since the weapons are attached. I was thinking about running this, since I love knights
War Room Army

Protectorate of Menoth - Windictus

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Vice Scrutator Vindictus - WJ: +29
- Guardian - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 15)
- Templar - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 14)

The Covenant of Menoth - PC: 4
Exemplar Errant Seneschal - PC: 4
High Exemplar Gravus - PC: 9
Wrack - PC: 1
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Exemplar Errants - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
Knights Exemplar - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
- Knights Exemplar Officer - PC: 5
Knights Exemplar - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
- Knights Exemplar Officer - PC: 5

---

GENERATED : 11/15/2016 20:08:18
BUILD ID : 2030.16-11-12
>>
>>50254295
amazon occasionally has good deals,occasionally.
>>
>Friend wants to play other game
>I wanna play warmahordes as my starter tabletop wargame
>Local shop hosts warmahorde wednesdays
>Don't wanna go down and ask some random how to play and be a nuisance

Fuck guys, should I just go down after work and ask?
>>
>>50256075
Of course, most gamers love to get new regular players into their groups. Keep in mind though you'll likely lose quite a few games before you get the hang of it. If you can, try and talk with some of them about what you're doing and why, it will help
>>
>>50256073

Do they? Huh, I'll have to take a look.
>>
>>50252787
She didn't get any better. She still holds the dubious distinction of being the worst caster in two factions.
>>
>>50256136

Seriously, this. I wish I had a group of experienced players near me for WM. I'm trying to scrape players as it is, let alone anyone who knows what they're doing.
>>
>>50256185
works great if you can bundle it with other crap you order to get free shipping.
>>
How is this Vayl1 army I haven't played her in mk3 yet I know she got nerfed unfairly.

Vayl1
Zuriel
Typhon
Ravagore
Seraph
Strider scouts with ca
2 Death Stalkers
2 Shepards
Forsaken

I don't have a hellmouth because I'm poor
>>
>>50256075
Check to see if your local area has like a facebook group or a discord or something, and ask there. Also check to see if your area has a Pressganger who can play demo games with you.
>>
Stormsmith Grenadiers are they worth using?
>>
>>50257194
no
>>
>>50237274
What is this
>>
>>50257194
maybe in like haley1 or something
they are just too short ranged to be able to do much.
>>
>>50257562

Read the OP image carefully
>>
>>50251843
Carniveans are good if pricey, Scytheans are good with Abbey2, Angelii are one of my favorite heavies although I freely admit a bias there, and Typhon is amazing. Those 2 points are almost always worth it, especially if GW is not on the table. He shoots, he melees, and he's obnoxious to kill. Only real downside is no pathfinder on him. Stingers are unfortunately pretty bad. Shredders are kind of niche, fortunately for you though Abbey2 is where they shine the best. You'll probably want the Battlebox since the Neraph can see some play with a caster that can amp its damage or defense (I saw one under Abbey1's Forced Evo tie up a whole unit of Stormlances for instance) and the Bolt Thrower is great with Lylyth's or Vayles. You'll probably also want another Forsaken and another two Shepherds. After that, probably the most useful beasts you could get are a Naga Nightlurker and a Seraph. The Neraph from the BB can be converted into a Seraph if you get the head bits, and it is a much more broadly applicable beast. Proteus also got a lot better in this edition, with Abbey it gets GW and with Abbey2 it hits hard and threatens a really long way. A Succubus is a good pickup as well. As for infantry the current wisdom is that Hellmouths, Blighted Nyss Raptors, Blighted Nyss Swordsmen, and Strider Rangers (specifically with Lylyth3) are the best calls.
>>
>>50257774
so snipe caster or bust.
>>
File: raw.gif (64KB, 498x280px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
64KB, 498x280px
>>50236701
>Tfw your oppenent runs five nomads and Bad Bart
Seriously, how do I counter that much armor as Khador, aside fron running more Jacks? I could just drown him in Jugs or Zerkers, but I dont feel like spending that much money.
>>
>>50258128
Pretty much. Their range is low...
But their effect is nice...
So maybe you could use them for true Speedbump shenanigans.
But even delivering a snackbar effort without snipe is tricky.
>>
File: IMG_20161115_235101.jpg (58KB, 414x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161115_235101.jpg
58KB, 414x627px
>dig up my old models
>everything is broken
>Angeleous is missing a wing
>Shepherd has no staff
>sythean is in 2 pieces and WILL NOT GLUE BACK TOGETHER

Somehow, Typhon and Abby turned out ok. Holy fuck, though. I just want to throw this metal Scytheon into a volcano because there's a gap between the upper and lower torso (pic related) making it impossible to glue.

Meanwhile, I'm probably going to have to write the angel off because the wing is missing and it is covered in green stuff at the joints anyway.

I don't even know if I want to play again anymore. I was all excited, but this is a nightmare.
>>
>>50258805
Acetone everything to get all the glue off and start fresh. File and pin the metal body, it really won't stay otherwise. You can get a new wing from the PP parts store, along with other broken bits.
>>
>>50259176

Yea. Gotta dig up my old hand drill. The problem is that idk if I have any pinning wire left. I'm fairly certain I don't.

>PP parts store

That's a thing?
>>
>>50259176

Oh shit. Found the arm and wing in my unassembled battlebox.

That's one crisis averted.
>>
>>50259213
Yeah, go to the store.privateerpress.com and go to hordes, you should be able to select parts. For pins you can use thick paperclips if you have them
>>
>>50259344

Hrm. I'll have to check it out, then. However, I did find them, which is nice.

For clips, I can just head to Walmart for them, which I might do for the acetone.
>>
>>50257004

>No press ganger
>No facebook group for my valley

Fuck me. I'll go down tomorrow and talk to em'.
>>
>>50259515
Valley? What area is that?
>>
>>50259536

Oregon. Willamette valley to be specific.
>>
>Play CoC
>Get shit/mediocre colossal which makes no sense since we only have 2-3 models with electric damage
Welp, time to wait for MKVI to get orion, who works with zaps.
>>
>>50251225
>Lanyssa
Good thing I'm already used to living in an arctic climate. The death march into Everblight's territory won't be so bad.
>>
>>50251225

>Fionna

Um. I'm sure this will end well.

Right?
>>
>>50244941
The colour scheme is terrible. Use lighting. Play with contrasts.
It is a brave decision to post your models out in the open, and that is respectable. Still you have much work ahead of you. For example. Menofix should be lightened with brighter blue and then with white. You will like the result, i promise.
Id say LIGHT EVERYTHING.every angle and the border where armor plate ends. the edges of the the blade - everything.
Dont forget to post afterwards thought.
>>
>>50259606
Weird. That place seem'd like such a hotbed for all kinds of nerd activity. Maybe the University has like a games club that can steer you in the right direction.
>>
>>50251225
Rasheth

Would be no different from my college roommates really
>>
>>50259515
>>50259606

Alright so I did some digging because I care about you anon, there's a bunch of stuff out of Portland, and at least one podcasting collective (http://4manmeta.com http://perfectimbalance.podbean.com/) you could contact. Unfortunately the entire sum of my knowledge about Oregon comes from a book series, so I dunno about like travel times or anything.

here's some links, I guess, maybe these'll work out.

http://damekshop.com/
http://cogcollective.com/
>>
>>50254467
>costs more than [underpriced unit]
YOur post is white noise.
>>
>>50256073
And occasionally it has 1200€ Stormclads.
>>
File: IMG_4870.jpg (452KB, 760x975px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4870.jpg
452KB, 760x975px
First model painted in a good 6 months, how did I do?
Tell you the truth, the quality of the contents in the starter box was below awful, but given that as a starting reference I think I did a pretty good job so far. Still a bit more work to do, but its almost done.
>>
>>50260606
I like it very much. The only comment I would have is that the... feathers? around her neck and shoulders are a little close to her skin tone. Maybe a blue-black would tie it to the skirt?
>>
File: PerceptionCheck.jpg (454KB, 1040x1307px) Image search: [Google]
PerceptionCheck.jpg
454KB, 1040x1307px
Is anyone aware of why Miniature Market is almost completely sold out of their Warmahordes stock? I know they had their Halloween sale not that long ago, but only specific pieces were on sale for that. The fact that so many items are off gives me the impression that either:
>they are counting their remaining stock and/or reordering after the sale
>they are pulling Warmahordes from the site
>>
>>50260657

Fair point. Though Id like to admit, the dullness of the details on this miniature (which really deserved a high quality metal model in my opinion), was like painting on a blank sheet of paper. Washes just didn't have anywhere to go, and ended up simply pooling on the spot, and in the end I was forced to paint most of the shadows.
Still bothers the hell out of me that theres a mold line running straight through the skirt, and impossible to remove. This rubber/resin they used for these models was the worst thing I have ever worked on!
>>
>>50260849
I have yet to see an Agathea model that didn't look like a half-melted candle. In light of that (and the aforementioned feather suggestion) I think you did a good job.
>>
>>50256075
regular groups love new players! Especially new players that try new things, are clever, and don't mind losing.
>>
>>50258324
>15 mad dogs.
>>
>>50252753
are you simple?

she'd be holier than thou as fuck and beat you for masturbating.
>not beat you at masturbating
>>
>>50257774
Haley 1 and 2, and Nemo 1 all give them a decent role. For the haleys, chucking a -2 spd debuff on a model that already has -2 spd from Temporal Barrier or Time Bomb is fun. Works well on large bases, as it has the side effect of tieing up the enemy's advancement.

Nemo 1 uses voltaic snare to tell warjacks that they can't run, charge, slam, or trample. Then the grenadier cripples the full advance.

They also do work with Snipe casters, but I feel that you need to use their full utility in those cases, and you aren't always given the opportunity.
>>
>>50251225
>Xerxis
IT'S 5AM ANON TIME TO GET UP FOR STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE TRAINING I HOPE YOU WEREN'T PLANNING ON EATING BREAKFAST WHAT ARE YOU SOME LITTLE FAGGOT
>>
>>50251225
Reznik.
At least it would be fun and never boring
>>
>>50261470
>Not enjoying being punished by a sultry redhead
>>
>>50261470
Her attitude in the stories she's been part of suggest she's a bit timid and insecure.

Feora and many of the protectorate females on the other hand fit that bill perfectly.
>>
>>50261606
>All of my Cataphracts so far have a different colour cap trim to indicate the type of Cataphract they are
>Want a different colour for Xerxis
>Decide on white
>Paint his cape trim white
>Now he looks like Santa
Fucking great.
>>
>>50251225
>Witch Coven

...Do I get the Egregore too?
>>
>>50262608
It's the roomba.
>>
>>50251225
>Butcher
>specifically, Butcher3

Yeah, I'm not going to pick up after those dogs, buddy.
>>
>>50262608

As someone who shared an apartment with a "coven" of "witches" (read: Chicks who really liked dressing in black, wearing Wiccan jewelry, lighting candles and pretending to curse people) once, it's not as fun as it sounds.
>>
>>50262681
Yeah but did they put out?
>>
>>50262735
They probably would have, but they were weird as fuck, so I thought better of it.
>>
>>50262681
Yeah, but could your witches actually cast real spells?

And were they barely legal gothic hotties?
>>
Excluding the tree, which hordes' faction does the best so far in mk3?
>>
>>50260470
yeah but that's your average jackass trying to cash in on that sweet, sweet Saudi money.
>>
>>50264922
Trolls because of Madrak2.

Then Minions because of Rask.

After that they've all kind of the same really. But the average Hordes list is still an uphill fight against the best of Warmachine.
>>
>>50265117
Trolls are better than Legion and non-wood circle? Is this even real?
>>
>>50265117
>But the average Hordes list is still an uphill fight against the best of Warmachine
This makes no sense. Why would you compare the average against the best? Shouldn't you either compare average vs average or best vs best?
>>
>>50265137
Fine what the fuck ever, Warmachine is better than Hordes right now because PP went overboard on buffing warjacks.
>>
How good are the mobile artilleries currently? I'm looking at the Protectorate Sunburst and it looks pretty nice, especially for only 5 points.
Are there any outstanding ones that perform very well?
>>
>>50265206
Sunbursts seem to show up in a lot of Amon lists. The Horgenhold (Rhulic) one is good. I think the Winter Guard Mortar is probably playable as well, but isn't rockets+Joe. The Ret Heavy Rifle Team is pretty sweet and finally does its job well. As far as the ones that aren't so great, most of the Hordes ones like the Legion and Trolls ones are pretty bad or are outclassed at their job by a beast. The Sea Dog Deck Gun is also pretty bad. So like most things, there are good ones and bad ones.
>>
>>50265354
Where would you put the Cygnar Storm Tower? The d3 E-leaps are pretty nice, but I guess because there's not that many units around anymore, it losses value because of that?
>>
File: denny roomie.jpg (309KB, 630x694px) Image search: [Google]
denny roomie.jpg
309KB, 630x694px
>>50251225
>Deneghra

on the one hand ghost blowjobs, on the other hand I may be sacrificed to fuel a dark ritual and/or reanimated to serve some sinister purpose, so it evens out I guess.
>>
>>50265152
>wahhh I miss the days when my lights could oneround any warmachine heavy and people fought to put as few 'jacks their lists as possible

Whatever dude, warjacks are exactly where they should be now.

Some Hordes models just need a buff.
>>
>>50265498
>Whatever dude, warjacks are exactly where they should be now.
>t. Karchev player
>>
>>50265552
>t. Strawman argument

I play Ret and Legion.
>>
>>50265770
>t. Ossyan player
>>
Who else here is ready for PP to fuck up theme forces? I'm positive that they will be massively off the mark. For example for ret we would be expecting things like dawnguard, shyel or mage hunter theme forces. Instead we will get "for every 20 points of vyre myrmidons get free electromancers".
>>
>>50265775
Mostly Rahn actually.

Though Helynna is letting me run the 'jack lists I always wanted to run. Lich Lord Elara looks pretty neat too.
>>
>>50253745
>>50253812
I just do tin bits-> dwarf bronze -> shining gold-> mithrill silver
>>
File: IMG-20161116-WA0000.jpg (567KB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161116-WA0000.jpg
567KB, 2340x4160px
>>50259913
So then teach me sempai. Lil Reznik want to know
>>
File: IMG_4873.jpg (512KB, 1000x920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4873.jpg
512KB, 1000x920px
>>50260606

Did the robot chicken today. Again, no masterpiece of a miniature, but I think it turned out alright in the end.
Still the same shit material as with Agathia, but at least it looks mostly the same as the original package.
See if I manage to paint one of the heavy jacks tomorrow, then its just one more and the full battle squad is finished!
>>
>>50265775
>t. someone who has never played the game

Ossyan doesn't want lots of warjacks.

Maximum Ossyan cheese is x2 Invictors plus your choice of MHSF or Stormfalls.
>>
>>50266647
It looks quite good. Skull wants me to pet it.
>>
>>50266639
War Room Army

Protectorate of Menoth - reznik

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

High Executioner Servath Reznik - WJ: +28
- Hierophant - PC: 3
- Revenger - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Reckoner - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Redeemer - PC: 11 (Battlegroup Points Used: 2)
- Redeemer - PC: 11
- Scourge of Heresy - PC: 16

Wrack - PC: 1

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard - Rhoven, Gius & Cassian: 9
Idrian Skirmishers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide - Chieftain & Guide: 5

---

GENERATED : 11/16/2016 22:53:49
BUILD ID : 2030.16-11-12

Forgot my list.
>>
Working on some titans. How do you paint the tusks?
>>
>>50267548
The metal parts are metal parts, just do them normally. With the ivory, I used P3 jack bone, then P3 skin wash, aka. brown ink, then while it was wet I worked more jack bone into the middle of the tusks for a nice blend. I don't have my titans on me to take a picture sadly.
>>
>>50265498
>wahhh I miss the days when my lights could oneround any warmachine heavy and people fought to put as few 'jacks their lists as possible
My lights (Skorne) couldn't come closing to killing pretty much any heavy warjack. Even if I buffed a Savage up to PS17, it only has 1 initial and 3 fury at MAT6. Nigger that ain't killing SHIT. And why would I spend 5 points on a Savage when I could spend 8 on a Gladiator? Light beasts have always sucked huge black cock in combat.
>>
>>50267778
>>50265498

And then they managed to make them even worse, playing down one fury.

Meanwhile, it's the Age of the Griffin! I'm going to be smiling so much as the gears start flying.
>>
>>50265869

...That could work.

I actually hope they follow that format- 1. Take things you sort of have to take. 2. Get for free things you'd have liked to have taken except for point #1 and having less points to spend on stray picks these days.
>>
>>50268070
All of them seem to be limits to what you can take, one unit/some units get a special rule, and for every 20 points of X you get a free solo.

Power level seems to vary wildly.
>>
>>50267744
Thank you sempai
>>
Does anyone have a pdf of the trolls card deck? We really should get around to adding it to the OP.
>>
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?254747-Spraying-over-a-cloud-template&p=3736611&viewfull=1#post3736611

So apparently, hazards like murder of crows can't be sprayed through..
>>
>>50268025
>it's the Age of the Griffin!

Bruh do you even play the game?

Griffon spam became far less favourable when Synergy was nerfed. Ret jackspam leans toward Sphinxes for cheap beatsticks and the usual suspect heavies for their guns.
>>
>>50269535
So I take it you've been under a rock since before the Una2 release? Who needs synergy when they all have flank and can't be targeted by melee?
>>
>>50269425
Interesting, good to know.
>>
Cryx player here; haven't played since MkII, and thinking of getting back into the swing of things. All I know about MkIII is that jacks got buffed; what should I know? What's the meta like? What interactions define my faction now?
>>
File: Razorwing Griffon.jpg (245KB, 651x1034px) Image search: [Google]
Razorwing Griffon.jpg
245KB, 651x1034px
>>50269535
Griffins, not Griffons. One is a perpetually angry flying mammal-thing (currently 'in' in the meta). The other is an Elven myrmidon fielded by terrorists (currently 'out' of the meta).
>>
File: GoodGuyGoreshade.jpg (319KB, 1401x870px) Image search: [Google]
GoodGuyGoreshade.jpg
319KB, 1401x870px
>>50270343
Cryx got kneecapped. I'm not a Cryx player, so all I know is that Satyxis are still holding strong but most of the rest of the faction is either struggling or useless.
>>
>>50255460
Got a point there, I was thinking more along the lines of "I need to study pathetic human, it's dissection time" but I guess as long as you don't piss him off he'd be a cool dude
>>
>>50270484
Satyxis were always my favorite of my units; so glad to hear they're still good.

According to the meta link at the top, they still have the top meta share at ~13%; is this just leftovers from MkII? How are they suffering?
>>
>>50270591
Cryx lost several of it's power casters(Denny2, Gaspy2, to some degree Skarre1), and more importantly, almost all of it's anti-shooting tech.

Meanwhile, gunlines have gotten way, way better.

In theory, Cryx hasn't lost a whole lot. they still murder basically everything when they get across the table.

Problem is, they simply can't make it across like they used to.
>>
>>50270697
What factions make up the top echelons nowadays? What are the powerhouse gunlines?

Thanks for the advice anon, I really appreciate it.
>>
>>50271060
Cyngar, Khador, Ret and the big guys.

Convergence and Menoth both present their own nasty gunlines as well.

Mercs is all over the place, but can do some pretty nasty shit themselves.

Honestly, besides Cryx, Warmachine is running the farm at this point.
>>
>>50271095
I always kind of wanted to pick up CoC. Is their BG a good place to start?
>>
>>50271151
The one with the Monitor is ok. Monitor's kind of an eh jack, not really bad, but the Assimilator does it's exact same job better.

Diffuser is great, Galvanizer is a nice cheap light.

Aurora's the caster who's generally considered the worst this edition. All the others are fine, just very specific in what they do.
>>
>>50271170
Why did shooting get so much better? Is it mostly because nothing has Stealth anymore?

Also, did CoC not get an MK3 BG? How's Retribution's BG? What sees play in Ret?
>>
>>50271236
Several shooting casters got much better, and premeasuring really helps them out.
>>
>>50271236
Pre-measuring means it's easy to set up your guidelines and avoid getting charged as long as possible.
>>
>>50271273
I'm seeing posts from April saying there was a Mk3 CoC book in the works. Is there any news on this?
>>
>>50271747
Rumor goes Jan NQ will have CoC tier list.

CoC is getting a Mk3 book, but based on what they've talked about, suspect around a year to see it.
>>
>>50271816
Are all the factions getting Mk3 books eventually?
>>
>>50271934
Command books, no. Minions, Mercs, and Coc will not be getting Command books.

Tier books, or whatever they're called, yes.
>>
>>50271994
What are tier books? Just a bunch of tier lists? Command books I'm guessing are like the old faction books? I'm just wondering because there's talk that CoC was receiving more support/a new BG after its book (whatever that was).

I remember ~75% of tiers were gimmicky in Mk2. Are they not in Mk3?
>>
>>50272027
So their new concept is to release tier books with fluff about the specific forces involved, with new models and rules.

So like, the Khador book is supposed to be MoW themed, and come with a MoW battle engine model ruleset.
>>
>>50272027
Theme booked are sort of related to tier lists. They will be thematically based and come with released related to the theme. So for example

Forces of Khador: Man-o-Wars might come with the MOW theme force, a MOW solo, a MOW unit, a MOW ua, and a MOW battle engine and maybe even a MOW warcaster.
>>
>>50270440
>that Harrier
>>
>>50272027
Command books are essentially the first wave of theme books. All the theme books are going to be based around a theme like Stormknights Wolfsworn. Command books are based on the theme "battlegroup." Since they are themed for battlegroups, they will contain your faction's battlegroup support models, along with new warcasters/locks and jacks/beasts. It will alos contain a theme force based around battlegroups.

tl;dr: Command Books and the other books are labeled differently, but they are essentially the same thing.
>>
>>50272060
>>50272106
>>50272222
So, "Command" books are basically Tier books, but the theme is just "vanilla" as opposed to a specific tier? And each of them are basically release new models for a faction, but "Tier" only releases models in that theme? Wow, this is confusing. I assume the models in "Tier" aren't restricted to that list, right?

Does this mean the NQ tier lists now reveal/release new models with them? Or is that only in "Tier books?"

Is there a release schedule on any of the books yet, or all they all TBA?
>>
>>50272812
The theme isn't vanilla. Its "battlegroup." So it will probably have the jack and beastspam tiers.
>>
>>50272846
Oh, so the "Command" books will only release BG models, while "Tier" can release anything on-theme?
>>
>>50272862
Exactly. Command books could have battlegroup support models like everblight shepherds or retribution arcanists released in them too though.
>>
>>50272222
I don't know why folks think Command books are going to have themes in them. They've specifically said themes are only in theor respective theme books or NQ.

The command books are just model entries and fluff.
>>
>>50271095
I think with Wurmwood and Una2 in their stable, one has to put Circle top tier.

And that's before Kaya3 comes out, and with her feat and one known spell on her card she's going to be tournament playable, and top tier if she has basically any useful spell in addition to Synergy.
>>
>>50272222
>Stormknights Wolfsworn
That sounds like one hell of an army.
>>
>>50272987
Don't spread lies. Each one has at least two themes.
>>
Holy crap I had not played the High Reclaimer in mk3 before. With the Knights Exemplar Officers and Hand of Fate it's just brutal.
>>
>>50272987
The original source that Command books will have theme forces in them is Matter of Pact episode 15. Hungerford literally said it in his interview.
>>
>>50266639
MORE LIGHTING! MOOOOOOOOORE!
Seriously, try lighting the Menofix at his back, light the edge of the sword with orange and then maybe even yellow if it is not enough. Do the same with every red part of his armor.
Light the metal - mix gold with blue or something or use "whitish" gold color. Same with steel.
Change the seal color from light-blue to "paperish".
Change the color of that yellow thing, and change the color of the armor plate that yellow thing rests upon to the one you used for armor.
Do it, anon, i believe in your skill.
>>
No news on the errata yet? Are PP even working on it?
>>
>>50276357
Isn't that slated for January.
>>
>>50276410
Yeah but they were meant to be putting out two articles a month talking about some of the stuff that's going to be in it. You'd think that they would talk about some of the bigger changes like crit decap on Molik Karn to build up hype.
>>
>>50266647
yep nice airbrushing, simple tabletop job.
One could say it's perfect for the job it is destined for.

I note the mould lines, and fuck that plastic/resin is shit.
>>
File: 1479386826862752400432.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1479386826862752400432.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>50273643
Oh man yes. I'm converting a second KE Officer from an old metal KE leader. I'm going to have it mirror the pose of the other one, and do a bunch of sculpting so it looks nice and recognizable. Here's where it is right now.
>>
>>50276420
>hype
>with crit effects
>>
>>50261606
Underrated post.
>>
>>50269554
>>50270440
Oh, right.

I assumed he meant the terrorist robots since he was whining about how warjacks are too good.
>>
File: ActiveDuty S5 2017_Circle.png (502KB, 520x420px) Image search: [Google]
ActiveDuty S5 2017_Circle.png
502KB, 520x420px
So, I've got a Champions event coming this January.

This is the Circle ADR stable that takes effect January 1st.

There seems to be an obvious choice. For that limited caster lineup, Una2 seems to be the alpha predator.

The obvious counters look to be Malekus, Durant2, and Aurora, but what else from the ADR Season 5 list (http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-11-9-2016) is going to be competitive?
>>
>>50278259
magnus and gorten are solid picks, thatll be a ton of heavy armor and a hard to remove infantry gunline.
>>
>>50279369
ossrum sorry
>>
Farrow theme list is out:

Allowed models:
Farrow warlocks + Arkadius
Farrow models/units
Efaarit models/units
Non-character farrow warbeasts
Alten Ashley
Gudrun
Hutchuk
Raluk
Saxon
Gobber chefs
Pendrake
Rorsh & brine

Benefits:
For every 20 points spent on units or battle engines, get 1 free non-character solo, command attachment, or weapons crew
Farrow warbeasts gain retaliatory strike
One farrow commando unit gains Ambush.

I only have lord carver. Was thinking of running him with 2 war hogs, a road hog, a battle boar, a unit of brigands with UA, commandos, slaughterhousers, and alten ashley. Two razorbacks as my free stuff.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.