[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post ideas for wargame armies that straddle the fine line between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0500.jpg (104KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0500.jpg
104KB, 800x600px
Post ideas for wargame armies that straddle the fine line between awesome and stupid.
>>
>>50230829
A Nurgle SM army whose main color is the pink of inflamed, infected flesh. They are known for using many Daemon Engines in battle, most infamously their version of the Maulerfiend. In its haste to give the enemy a big hug, it inadvertently tears them apart. It is known as the Glomperfiend.
>>
>>50230829
The Rad Marines.

Because there's as much awesome and idiocy to be had from marines that strap chain-blades to their feet and act like 90's punk skaters.
>>
>>50230829
Pimp Marins.
They like fast vehicles and blng bling.
And they have a special Sororitas squad at their operations.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 479x639px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 479x639px
>>50232851
Forgot picture.
>>
File: 1449178182866.jpg (93KB, 607x582px) Image search: [Google]
1449178182866.jpg
93KB, 607x582px
>>50230829
Eldar party goers. They care about discos and bright lights.
>>
Rave party CSM. Noise Marines and anything that can take Sonic Weapons, psyker HQ with Slaanesh powers, and fill up the Troops as much as possible with massed cultists for the audience.
>>
>>50235662
That's just the standard Noise Marine list. You can get weirder.
>>
>>50230829
When I said "fine line between awesome and stupid," I meant "concept that could be played both seriously and silly." Alternatively, "concept that will not cause your opponent to sperg out."

>>50230846
Perhaps make their color something other than pink, or make pink a secondary color. Don't call Maulerfiends Glomperfiends.
>>50230852
I literally cannot think of a way to play this seriously.
>>50232851
Essentially modified Salamanders. Lots of artificer armor and master-crafted stuff. Perhaps have the chapter come from a Civilized World known for its craftsmanship?
>>50233716
Again, can't see how you'd play it seriously.
>>50235662
This is just Noise Marines. But it isn't bad, insofar as you can both play it silly and serious.
>>
>>50230829
Orks
>>
>>50241045
>Argues about playing them seriously
>Original pic has barbie necrons
>>
>>50239396

I've been floating the idea of making it a Kill Team. With HoR rules you can get 4-5 actual Marines for the band members and then 20 Cultists as the crowd.

Yeah, pretty standard Noise Marines, I guess.

That said, what about Kill Team lists? I know there's ways to make those gimmicky, especially HoR lists like Freeboota Orks.
>>
>>50241061
Conservationist Orks. They almost exclusively fight Chaos and Nids because "if da spiky gitz and the bugz krump da 'umiez and pointy-eared gitz, dere'll only be bugz and spiky gitz ta foight!"
>>
>>50241223
>That said, what about Kill Team lists? I know there's ways to make those gimmicky, especially HoR lists like Freeboota Orks.

50 to 60 Renegade Infantry or Mutants.
>>
File: Sneaky as a tank.jpg (77KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Sneaky as a tank.jpg
77KB, 640x640px
>>50230829
A whole army of stealthy orks, witch disguise include:
>space marine
>ogryn
>poster of space marine
>pile of tires
>cardboard box
>tank
>>
>>50230829
Human Wave Imperial Guard.
>>
>>50243040

Holy shit that is awesome.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.