[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1176: Folklore and Superstition Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 73

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Previously on JumpChain!
>>50220526
>>
>>50227270
>fanbook
Then technically not-canon. By all means use it if you want to, god knows I'm using the Revlid charmsets, particularly the one concerning the Unwoven Coadjutor. But they are not technically canon.
>>
File: getahead.webm (970KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
getahead.webm
970KB, 640x427px
Jumpers!

How do you undead?
>>
>>50227877
Ghosts, usually. I like the incorporeal.
>>
File: you're gonna have a bad time.gif (326KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
you're gonna have a bad time.gif
326KB, 500x375px
>>50227877
Spooky.
>>
>>50227864
Oh, I totally agree. I wasn't saying they were canon, I was just explaining that other anon's choices. Personally, I plan on using some of Revlid's stuff but not others. Like, the SWLiHN revision is cool, but it's an entirely new charm set which means that I wouldn't be able to use other people's SWLiHN homebrew with it. Charm prerequisites just don't match.
>>
>>50227877
Same, as this anon >>50227897 .

Especially ancient ghosts.
>>
>>50227909
I REALLY like the Unwoven Coadjutor Charm that gives you a Sanctum, like Gods have, in your Soul for your Coadjutor, and the appearance of the sanctum is molded by any and all Charms you know, which have physical representations within the sanctum.
>>
How do I make bullets go FTL? Or at least massively hypersonic?
>>
>>50227965
Oh, definitely. That one is really cool. I like how it has the option, when you make your Inner World, for the charm-geography of the Sanctum to expand to fill it. That fixes one of the bigger problems with the Inner World, that being that you need to build everything in it yourself.
>>
I'm trying to build The Beast from Over the Garden Wall using perks in /co/co/'s Bizarre Adventure. SMTAnon, can I have Souls gained through Beelzeboss turn into Trees?
>>
File: 36f0519bc7b434c281164a64a6c4f5b4.jpg (600KB, 899x1200px) Image search: [Google]
36f0519bc7b434c281164a64a6c4f5b4.jpg
600KB, 899x1200px
>>50227877
Given the choice, I prefer Dullahans. It's the ascetic they convey. All that dark armor and heavy weaponry just seem so appropriate if you're going to go in that direction. Mascaraing as the Headless Horseman for Halloween and actually being able to take off your head is just an added bonus.

Which is honestly hilarious to say, considering my current Companion line up has two full blown Spirits, one of whom is a classic necromancer who enjoys his work a little too much. Not because he's evil, but because he's a Dog Spirit. To be fair, he doesn't kill and clean his own skeletons, he just uses whatever he happens to find. Which, again, Dog Spirit, so he's pretty adept at that.

I do wish he would try to keep the proportions correct though. He keeps getting the legs all mixed up and ends up with half his force limping or walking in circles.

Shaman King was a very interesting time for everyone.
>>
Would "The Tick" jump be well received?
>>
>>50228011
>pic
I'll detach her head ifyaknowwhatimsayin
>>
>>50228033
So lewd! I approve of your taste.
>>
>>50227981
Probably a lot of ways, but the first that comes to mind is grav guns from Legacy of the Aldenata. Those fire tiny depleted uranium teardrops, coated with an ablative layer of fullerene to deal with air resistance melting them, at a reasonable fraction of the speed of light. Far larger a fraction of it than anything you should get out of a pistol, at least. The result is a handgun that hits as hard as an artillery shell, and it only goes up from there. Grav guns also have ridiculous rates of fire, so you're effectively not a single artillery cannon but hundreds of them. Granted, it's Galactic Federation technology, so you're going to need some way to cheat entropy to make grav guns, but there are ways to do that throughout the chain and even one offered in the Legacy of the Aldenata jump itself. I recommend an out of jump solution (Karmatron Dynamics from GUNM works well), the in-jump solution to beating entropy used to make GalTech is terrible for mass production.
>>
>>50228011
Dullahans are cute
>>
I still havent done the alternative Flip write up, but I have finished the general perks. So here's the current WIP of Paper Mario.
>>
>>50228033
I...don't, actually. I'm trying to see how that could be sexy, and just failing.
>>
>>50227981
Take the guns from Doom.txt.
Those are hitscan so the travel time is zero.
Thank you game mechanics you are my greatest ally.
>>
I need a robot waifu. Any suggestions?
>>
What are some good perks for swaying an entire population to a way of thinking? Population meaning anywhere between the population of a planet to that of a small city.
>>
>>50228011
>>50228033
Is pic-related even a Dullahan, though? It looks more like a drow. A drow ranger, to be exact.
>>
>>50228032
And I meant the cartoon
>>
>>50228157
Mushoko Tensei has a perk for invasive culture, and Mage the Awakening has meme magic.
Just a bit of cultural engineering could go a long way with both of those. Especially if there's some kind of internet.
>>
>>50227877
Usually as a vampire.

I prefer passing for human and not rotting.
>>
File: spoon.jpg (34KB, 450x351px) Image search: [Google]
spoon.jpg
34KB, 450x351px
>>50228032
Hell yeah, my man
>>
>>50228156
Ar Tonelico
>>
>>50228156
Penny from RWBY is a cute.
>>
>>50227877
Do Shinigami count?
>>
>>50227877
Nope.

Nope nope nope.

(nope)**31

some things should be left well enough alone.

>>50228156
Negima has a Robot Companion, will build to suit.
>>
>>50227942
How many jumps let you be a ghost, anyway?
>>
File: 2788245.png (60KB, 550x450px) Image search: [Google]
2788245.png
60KB, 550x450px
>>50228156
How much robot are you swinging for?
>>
>>50228206
>>50228218
I know nothing about this. Also, i'm looking for actual characters, not just 'get a robot' options.

>>50228206
I already have plans for RWBY. It involves R, W, B, Y, and mah dik

>>50228229
I don't understand that question?
>>
File: Unit 12.jpg (90KB, 1150x767px)
Unit 12.jpg
90KB, 1150x767px
>>50228229
Maximum robot.
>>
>>50228032
Probably, so long as there was an appropriately huge amount of camp and satirical air to it.

>>50228113
Yes, yes they are.

>>50228156
Big O has a classically good one. There's also GUNNM if you're into full, pouty, kissable lips or if you just want to build your own (literally). Ar Tonelico has literally a whole race of them, though some are a little more insane than others. Portal has one, but she's a bit of a homebody, a little fond of her experiments. Though she does like to bake and I hear the cake is delicious.

That's just off the top of my head though.

>>50228166
The picture is, quite possibly, a drow ranger or a frost elf or something. Honestly it was just a deliciously well drawn female and I desired to post it.
>>
Does Gift of Chao from Mahou Sensei Negima apply to all fields of science?
>>
>>50228274
I don't remember Chao doing anything outside of engineering.
>>
>>50228007

" What happens to it when they bite the dust is up to you, whether it’s a one way trip to hell, whatever afterlife they deserve, or your grasp. "

It's in the perk, it looks like. Maybe this is me miseading but stuffing them in trees would be cool and i don't think it's so borked as to be out of the question
>>
>>50227877
Either shaman king for having a giant weapon altform, or helsing for being a real motherfucking vampire.
>>
>>50228116
I wish action commands had optional words flying out of you for how well you do. So great and excellent and such.
Not sure how you'd put that down though.

Not really a fan of Put on a good show. Maybe if it didn't generate an audience, and just let people who watch contribute? I'd like it better that way at least.

Catch card is strange with the soul business because I'm pretty sure they don't work like that. and i'm not sure what you were going for. Also restricting an item that apparantly does nothing that anyone can use behind a perk is rather lame.

Oragami world is odd, but it's not really bad or anything.
Might be better if it worked on a personal level. Either as well or instead off. So you could just turn an individual into a paper guy if you wanted.

I don't think pixl shaman fits under the hero background either. It's neat but it would probably be better as a general perk.

Also I thought you weren't going to include things past sticker star. Those games are butt and even mentioning they're canon is a bit of a let down. I mean battle cards? Thing Stickers? Really?

Sorry if this seems disjointed or nitpicky.
>>
>>50228032
Hell ye-
>>50228174
>The cartoon
-s.

I'd still like a drawback of some kind where Patrick Warburton is the Tick.

Also, a drawback where you have to fight someone who's also named Jumper.
>>
>>50228190
Then we must await a man who will make it as I am not good enough.

Perhaps you can do it, skull? It will probably take you five minutes... AND IT WILL STILL BE GOOD. HOW DO YOU DO IT, ARE YOU REAL?
>>
>>50228255
The Robot Companion is based on one/several of the character/s, a doll-like kuudere robot that is the maid of another character. She has a fair bit of screentime in the manga, and so long as you can out-Negi Negi you can probably get her after you.

>>50228274
Nothing explicitly forbids other fields in the text, but it implies an engineering lean instead of chemical or biological. Personal memory of what Chao actually did agrees with that.
>>
>>50228156
Get a meat waifu, like a normal person.
>>
>>50228306
>optional words
I like it

>good show
well i am basing it on how it worked in the game. I guess generating was not the right word to use. I'll put some more work into it.

>catch card
I'e done my research and it said they absorb souls. And while they do nothing except give you info in the paper mario games, an ability to store souls is pretty useful in general I feel.

>Origami World
I will be changing it a bit after some thought. It will still mostly work how it does but.. I don't know. I just know I'm going to put some more work on it.

>pixl shamen
Its a power of the ancients like flip. I gave it to hero because of how the Pixls replaces the sidekicks in that game.

>later games
Upon review there is some cool stuff that would be fun for a jumper. I'll do it right. trust me.

>>5022322
maybe, but after paper mario I don't know what i'll want to do. The tick sounds great, but I don't know if I wanna be the one who makes it.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 250x250px
>>50228338
>>50228156

Why not synthetic meat waifu?
>>
>>50228322
>>50228375
I messed up the reply. oops.
>>
So, can PMD give you access to perfect attacks and defenses, considering it uses the PP/move system for some reason?
>>
>>50228331
Okay, that has potential.

But, as I know nothing, exactly how much effort is getting her going to be? Or rather, since I assume she's mine with CP, is just lounging around and doing nothing a valid option, or will I be dragged into the plot?

>>50228338
I have some. Now I need a robot.
>>
File: angeleVybD8e.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
angeleVybD8e.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>50228156
Build your own.
>>
>>50228375
Well catch cards did make you do double damage to whatever you had a card of.
And that did stack for as many as you had. I still don't think just being able to use them should be a perk, but maybe being able to manufacture them would make it seem more "worth it."

If you really think you can do something with Sticker Star and Color spash I hope you can pull it off. Good luck with it.

Also I'm looking forward to seeing what Personal Constellation entails.
I assume it's like what the star sprites or crystal stars did right?
>>
How bad would an ability that let you buy magic spells - lets say a scroll that teaches fireball - and, if you already knew the spell, lets you convert the extra scrolls into a boost to your magic?
>>
>>50228338
>Normal
None of us are normal.
Meat Waifus, Metal Waifus, Humanoid Waifus, Dragon Waifus, Mortal Waifus, Eldritch Abomination Waifus. We've got them all and more.
>>
>>50228434
>catch cards
yeah, maufacture and the extra damage stuff will be added in.

>constellation
yup, pretty much.
>>
>>50228379
>synthetic meat waifu
I immediately imagined a Jumper making a waifu out of bacon, then remembered one already exists. You made me laugh though.

>>50228398
Those sure are some nice battery packs she's sporting. Kidding. Not kidding.
>>
>>50228255
>It involves R, W, B, Y, and mah dik

About time someone went for it.
>>
>>50228458
>waifu out of bacon, then remembered one already exists
That's called a human waifu, Long Pork and all that.
I mean if you want to get technical it would need to be a human waifu with severe burn scars, like Hanako.
>>
>>50228479
What, all four of them? Why would anyone ever break them up?
>>
File: Best RWBY Girl.jpg (135KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Best RWBY Girl.jpg
135KB, 1024x576px
>>50228255
>>50228479
>It involves R, W, B, Y, and mah dik
But neither Blake nor Weiss are waifu material.
And Nora is obviously Best Girl.
>>
>>50228390
The CP option lets you get something similar to the character (Karakuri Chachamaru, for reference). If you're going after Chachamaru original, then you'll likely be intimately tied into the plot. Negi got her into the harem after showing mercy during a fight and generally being a gentleman/nice guy. I kinda stopped paying attention to the plot after it got weird.

I went with the CP option that basically made a gyaru-colored version of her, so all I had to worry about was getting her a "soul" to keep her as a Companion.

>>50228458
>waifu out of bacon...already exists.

...what.
>>
>>50228388
Protect and friends aren't really perfects given they can't be abused reliably. Still very strong for blocking things you see coming, but they will eventually crack if you try and rely on them. Not to mention there are moves that beat them out. So it's not like they're impenetrable. Although Detect is more of a super danger sense than an actual defense so results may vary.

Perfect attacks in pokemon aren't. Swift and aerial ace don't miss, but if your target is way out of range or behind something they don't work. You could even block them if you were good at that sort of thing.
>>
>>50228485
>like Hanako

That's being mean, not being Justice
>>
>>50228491
I don't know, but about a month back, I asked if anyone had ever waifu'd all four of them, and people seemed against the idea.
>>
>>50228449
As a consumable effect or a permanent enhancement?
The first is good but abusable, the second is disgustingly good and several times more abusable.
>>
File: tumblr_ofo6ycRkGe1unm603o1_1280.png (489KB, 990x676px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofo6ycRkGe1unm603o1_1280.png
489KB, 990x676px
>>50228485
>>50228504
I was thinking of Cultist-chan.

Hanako is all kinds of cute, but the superior burn-scar waifu is obviously Balalaika from Black Lagoon. And yes, I will fight you on that until the sun explodes.
>>
>>50228534
I'm unfamiliar with Balalaika unless we're talking about the music.

What's a Cultist-chan?
>>
File: TKG.png (715KB, 1050x717px) Image search: [Google]
TKG.png
715KB, 1050x717px
>>50228485
>That's called a human waifu, Long Pork and all that.
>>
>>50228499
Yeah, but.... Taken. I wouldn't mess with a team, so I took all of RWBY. Headpats and cuddles for Ruby, books and picnics for Blake, dancing and hand holding for Weiss, and bar fights and races for Yang.

Oh, and Xgenes for all of them.

>>50228516
Well, you've got me now.
>>
File: smugfacec9e.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smugfacec9e.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>50228458
>Those sure are some nice battery packs she's sporting.
Form and function, Yoro. Do your angels a solid and build them to be pretty, but also build them to go the distance. Also, build them in groups. That way when you drain their batteries or they drain yours, theres another pack waiting to go to work.
>>
>>50228533
Haven't decided yet. It's loosely inspired by the similar perk from Saints Row, money=training.
>>
>>50228449
For what, a jump? An NP? A Misc Meta power? I doubt you could actually make one given either of those two.

But if you're doing it for a jump, something like that would need to be based in canon.
>>
>>50228499
I can't argue with your tastes, Justice. I'd try, but there's been a bit too much Yangst lately.
>>
File: Conchita.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Conchita.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>50228515
I've admitted before, and I'll admit again, I am an asshole. It's who I am anon, and I have many other flaws beyond that. But I'm trying to acheive Love and Justice, but it'll never be perfect. Because to be human is to err, but I'll keep pushing forward getting closer and closer to perfection, even though I'll never reach it.

>>50228534
CC only smells like bacon, she isn't any more bacon than the normal human.

I said Hanako because the joke is that Hanako is Bacon, also I haven't watched more than 4 episodes of Black Lagoon. Mostly because I tried watching with a group I'm a member of, and one of them would not shut the fuck up, every two minutes they complained about something in the show they didn't like.

>>50228561
>Taken
She's only on a team, there is no indicator that Ren is into her that way. She likes him, we have no proof he likes her.

>>50228555
I would have posted this instead.
>>
File: 1478539022944.gif (464KB, 440x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478539022944.gif
464KB, 440x250px
>>50228593
>Yangst
OVER THE LINE
>>
File: I Dare Ya.jpg (52KB, 720x505px) Image search: [Google]
I Dare Ya.jpg
52KB, 720x505px
>>50228593

No but seriously, I laughed
>>
>>50228575
If you go with the second option it's a feedback loop for any jumper who's been to D&D.
Making scrolls is ez mode so you could just buff your magic endlessly until you're satisfied.
Same with a lot of magic settings really. All it takes to learn a spell is just seeing it written down some of the time.
So writing down a spell now equals moar power.
>>
File: AHHHH.jpg (55KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
AHHHH.jpg
55KB, 800x450px
>>50228379
Oh. Okay, anon.
>>
>>50228646
>inter-jump balance
kek.
>>
>>50228663
Interjump balance is pricing things in one jump based of things in another.
It has nothing to do with things in one jump interacting with things in another.
>>
>>50228650
10/10 perfect waifu material.
Jumpchain needs more actual monster waifus.
>>
>>50228553
http://lagooncompany.wikia.com/wiki/Balalaika

The head of Hotel Moscow in Black Lagoon, former Captain for the Soviet military and veteran of the Soviet war in Afghanistan. She's brutal, effective, and harbors an intense loyalty to those she considers comrades. An utter bad-ass by any measure with a mature beauty despite because of the burns.

>>50228594
I know Cultist-chan is not literally bacon. Twas joke.

Black Lagoon is worth the watching if you're into some ultra-violence and psychological darkness. The anime doesn't go as far as the manga, but they do it Hellsing Ultimate style and lose /very/ little in the translation. I would suggest giving it another try without the douche canoe in the room.
>>
>>50228687
>a mature beauty despite because of the burns
Damn straight. I don't normally go for that look, but I have to agree she wears it well.
>>
>>50228594
>Image
For those who don't know what justice is talking about have this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqVca_2WkkI
>>
>>50228678
>It has nothing to do with things in one jump interacting with things in another.
Lul. Anon, what the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>50228007
>>50228288
Doesn't seem terribly abusable on the outset, and it sounds cool. Sure, why not?
>>
>>50228730
That's actually what it means. Just because a bunch of anons have been using it out of context often doesn't change things.

Now if you think it's ok for there to be a perk that lets you have infinite magic power for little effort that's your choice, but I don't think it should be so easy.
Especially when it's not even a specific combo. It's just an easy buy in.
>>
File: 724Decidueye.png (894KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
724Decidueye.png
894KB, 1280x1280px
Who's your pokewaifu?
>>
>>50228768
>waifuing the dead
>>
File: Alice.jpg (33KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Alice.jpg
33KB, 512x512px
>>50228768
Here is one of them.
>>
>>50228755
If it's based in canon and not seen as particularly rare in-setting, then it should be fine. Pricing it according to its potential use in a jump that's largely already seen as a cheat is unwarranted inter-jump balance.
>>
>>50228780
Would you call it a Corpse Bride?
>>
>>50227877
RIP in peace, Dullahanon
>>
>>50228787
Now that is correct, but I was just using D&D as a placeholder. Any setting with easy to manufacture magic teaching material would work. Like say harry potter.

It's not a matter of pricing. It's a matter of should it exist at all. Now if it's canon to a setting. I don't really have room to complain, but I think it would be a must buy and disgustingly good.
>>
File: emboar-gijinka.jpg (78KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
emboar-gijinka.jpg
78KB, 774x1032px
>>50228768
T H I C C
>>
>>50228687
>>50228710
Huh. I can see the appeal, and she makes it look good.

I just prefer that I be the ruthlessly protective, stupidly loyal poster child for disproportionate retribution.

>>50228768
Emmy, my Eevee starter from way back when.
>>
>>50228810
Diminishing returns, then? A scroll-based Softcap?

Or increase the price exponentially like the one in mysteriousjumpmakeranon's example from Saints Row?
>>
File: gardevoir 3.jpg (534KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
gardevoir 3.jpg
534KB, 800x800px
>>50228768
Obligatory Gardevoir Waifu
>>
>>50228853
>blade through the tits
no
>>
File: a317389c2b8b49f7797c586e3aa0a515.png (841KB, 1237x1055px) Image search: [Google]
a317389c2b8b49f7797c586e3aa0a515.png
841KB, 1237x1055px
>>50228768
Zoroark is best pokewaifu.

Pros
>can speak human language
>is cute
>can make tactile illusions
>intelligent
>probably smells good

Cons
>literally none
>>
File: gardevoir fencer.jpg (63KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
gardevoir fencer.jpg
63KB, 736x1104px
>>50228857
Bowties, too.
it was the first gardevoir pic I grabbed out of my folder, so sue me.
>>
>>50228895
That's a neck tie not a bow tie, anon. It's fine, though. I just don't care for the giant sharp thing right in between the fun bits.
>>
So why are SMT 1000 CP races so strong? Is it just raw physical strength? Magical reinforcement? Something else?

Also, do you need magnetite to sustain yourself post-jump?
>>
>>50228843
I wouldn't be able to really tell you until I saw it written down.
Soft cap might be a good fix.

Although making it so it only worked when you buy things and prices increased exponentially would probably result in strange situations where jumper and companions are selling things to each other at extreme price cuts.
>>
File: 2ee0f0c48b6bf5ac969b97c6798dd05c.png (707KB, 1280x1713px) Image search: [Google]
2ee0f0c48b6bf5ac969b97c6798dd05c.png
707KB, 1280x1713px
>>50228768
Isn't is obvious? Not in this chain though, but generally I pick her up.
>>
File: IMG_7716.jpg (92KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7716.jpg
92KB, 1920x1080px
>>50228880
>probably smells good

whats that smell?

ITS BLUUUUDDDD!!!
>>
File: 1476222566685.jpg (272KB, 612x700px) Image search: [Google]
1476222566685.jpg
272KB, 612x700px
>>50228933
Aaaah! What is her hair?
>>
>>50228940
Blood smells delicious, anon.
>>
>>50228922
The more you attempt to curb a power in order to avoid exploits, the more people will try to find loopholes. Like if you stack clauses on top like "requires spells mastered to X" or "requires magic of specific systems", people will look for ways to circumvent that. Honestly it becomes a tedious process of cat and mouse.

If the perk is reflective of the setting and it has a legitimate reason to be offered then really you should just try to balance it against other equivalent perks in the same jump to avoid OTB from happening. At least, that's my opinion on it.
>>
File: gardevoir gives pointy hugs.png (292KB, 680x866px) Image search: [Google]
gardevoir gives pointy hugs.png
292KB, 680x866px
>>50228918
>I just don't care for the giant sharp thing right in between the fun bits.
Me neither, anon.
>>
>>50228968
A mouth. That's Mawile, a pokemon probably based on the Japanese yokai known as the futakuchi-onna, a woman with a horrifying monster mouth on the back of her head and who can use her hair like tentacles.
>>
>>50228968
Her hair is a mouth. That pokemon was based on a futakuchionna, if I remember correctly.
>>
File: f5bf3684e44b1f089dfad0ce05db1d14.png (950KB, 1280x1713px) Image search: [Google]
f5bf3684e44b1f089dfad0ce05db1d14.png
950KB, 1280x1713px
>>50228968
IT GETS BETTER!
>>
>>50228985
BIOMANCY, SON

Is it wrong that I got a little hard from the sign reading Master?
>>
>>50228921
The abilities listed in their entry and physical specs.

No.
>>
>>50229028
Why, tho.
>>
>>50229039
Oops, wrong post. Meant to respond to >>50229006 .
>>
>>50229028
A little, but not enough that anyone here will judge you. We've all been there, or at least somewhere adjacent to it.
>>
>>50228996
>>50229004
You had me at futa.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 223x226px
>>50228985
That sign, tho.
>>
>>50229064
"Futa" just means "two", anon. In the futakuchi-onna, it refers to the fact that it has two mouths. In futanari, it refers to the fact that it has two sets of genitals.
>>
>>50229039
Because more is ALWAYS better!
>>
File: BallOfArmsMan.jpg (231KB, 858x756px)
BallOfArmsMan.jpg
231KB, 858x756px
>>50229091
You sure about that?
>>
>>50229064
futa just means two. two mouthed woman, futakuchionna means.

>>50229028
It's perfectly natural that something/one you literally own refers to you as Master.

Whether you wish to continue that relationship after she becomes your legal equal is up to you two. Just remember: Safe, Sane, Consensual.

Emmy's one of the few Companions that actually refer to me by name.

>>50229088
I just need to type faster so you'll stop beating me to this.
>>
>>50229039
Because I enjoy over power dynamics in relationships, anon. There's nothing sexier that someone giving you total control over them. Unwavering consent and pure loyalty, unf. Damn, son, that's the stuff dreams are made of.

>>50229057
I appreciate your honesty.

>>50229091
Accurate statement is accurate.
>>
>>50229091
That's some poor fashion sense to be honest, desu senpai.
>>
File: 64084098.jpg (127KB, 717x1000px) Image search: [Google]
64084098.jpg
127KB, 717x1000px
>>50229117
I'll thank you to stay out of my trunk of Party Favors.
>>
>>50228940
Plague.

Plague no.

Plague god damn it, what did I say about the fan art. Especially after Disgaea's Fan Favorite perk.
>>
File: lA8E2DU.gif (944KB, 264x320px)
lA8E2DU.gif
944KB, 264x320px
>>50229128
>Unwavering consent and pure loyalty, unf. Damn, son, that's the stuff dreams are made of.
Anon, please.
>>
>>50228768
Because who needs s͗͏ǎ͉͓͉͓͍̭͟n̪̤̞̘ͬ̉̔ͧi̜͔͙͂̑͞ͅt̯̬̄͘y͇͚̼̪̹̼̓͌̌ or s̡̫̩̳̖a͈͍͂̈́́̆v̵̫͕̩̄̃̈̍ͭe̡͈̳̼͓͎̤͛̓͛ͩ́̐̅ͅ ̶͓̦̗͇̯̇̂̒ͮͪf̹͚i͆͠l͉̥̼̝̰̩̬ͫͯͪ̋͆é͍̝̭͔̼̞̮s̢̮͙̟̞̻̗̥̈͛ͮͫ when you have ḽ̹̾̆̀̌ͩo̪̫̣̲͑ͧͭ̑̓̎͒͜v̨̦̞̟̫͖͒̏̔̍̏͋́ͅe̻̩̗͌́̇ͤ̓̇͗̂?
>>
>>50229146
>implying you wouldn't want Plague of Gripes to draw almost-sexual-but-not-quite art of you that causes people to discover new feelings and fetishes they never knew they had before.
>>
>>50229091
Who is this and where can I get one?
>>
>>50229118
>Emmy's one of the few Companions that actually refer to me by name.
So you've got that going on too, huh? I picked up a name in Tonelico that I've been using as my name, and a few memetic titles that others refer to me as.

Mostly I let others decide how to call me. So long as it's respectful, I roll with it.
>>
File: pokemon are our wives.png (422KB, 446x1194px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon are our wives.png
422KB, 446x1194px
>>50229070
embrace it
>>
>>50228940
What does that pic actually have to do with Bloodborne? Is it OC Donut-steel?
>>
>>50229162
I think thats supposed to be Muffet from Undertale.
>>
>>50229178
Back to Sinnoh with ye.
>>
>>50228262
Well I mean, we're getting Titanfall 2 eventually, sooo...
>>
>>50229181
it's a Zoroark in the style of a Cleric Beast.

Except as it's Plague's art, it's always vaguely sexual in the way that makes you feel uncomfortable because you're attracted but you REALLY SHOULDN'T BE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn05qpn2e1Y it's from the credits part of this video
>>
File: da_by_mikeinel-d91evyf.gif (7MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
da_by_mikeinel-d91evyf.gif
7MB, 640x360px
>>50229162
It's Ms. Muffet from Undertale. We don't get a lot of information on her, but she seems quite kind. Her pictures also have a habit of disappearing just when I'm searching for them, so have something entirely unrelated.
>>
>>50229154
I always give more than I get. My labors are simple, and my torc is light. ... my appetites, maybe not so much.

>>50229118
>S, S, C
It always amazes me how often we agree on things. Things given freely are always more enjoyable than things taken by guile or force.
>>
>>50229225
The only thing I recognize in that sequence is Jake the dog, why do I get the feeling I'm supposed to be vaguely disturbed by what is going on.
>>
>>50229163
Emmy, Chisame, and Krystal all call me either John or Jane, context dependent. Chartreuse and Hime call me Master, and to Chicky, E, and Rae I'm some variation of Captain.

It's a bit weird trying to explain it to folks.

And so many generations of human and monster-kids calling me Sensei.

>>50229182
>>50229225
I must do reeeeseaaaarch.

>>50229227
>how often we agree
What, you and me specifically? I figured that was common sense.
>>
File: ff7dd1ef1649ee58cb6639e499dfa987.png (576KB, 723x1010px) Image search: [Google]
ff7dd1ef1649ee58cb6639e499dfa987.png
576KB, 723x1010px
>>50229258
Honestly, just buy and play the game. It's glorious, especially if you DON'T RESEARCH IT TOO MUCH FIRST! Seriously, play through the game before googling too much.

>>50229256
Come on man, it's Adventure Time. The drive-in movie episode?
>>
File: got1478793852634.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
got1478793852634.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>50229225
>gif
Get on my level.
>>
>>50229280
>The drive-in movie episode?

What?

I'll be honest I'm only familiar with like... a few of the Lemongrab episodes.
>>
File: 68540984.gif (2MB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
68540984.gif
2MB, 500x210px
>>50229288
>>
File: IMG_7717.png (195KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7717.png
195KB, 500x274px
>>50229159
>>50229146
>mfw I'm gonne get Plague of Gripes during the Youtube jump and upgrade the fuck outta him.

The fence will be built on every fucking jump even if it kills me

>When I do get him though and many jumps later
>Go through some big battle
>Get back to base
>"Guys I'm back, Plague did yo-"
>pic related
>>
>>50229311
>Clowngirl
Ah yes the return of the "Fear Boner", with a vengeance!
>>
>>50229311
Plague and Best Friends Zaibatsu. As Companions.

This is nnnnot going to end well.

>>50229341
Look at the lower half anon. That ain't just a clown girl - da's a clown fish.
>>
>>50229280
That would require that I have money. And one of those consoles, I assume. Unless it's for gameboy, I don't have the oh hey, it's on steam.

>>50229311
>pic related
>"it's exactly what it looks like."
>>
File: 1470572251062.webm (140KB, 700x376px) Image search: [Google]
1470572251062.webm
140KB, 700x376px
>>50229309
No.
>>
Has this ever happened to you?
>>
How dangerous is Injustice: Gods Among Us compared to the normal DC-verse? Is it even a valid choice?
>>
>>50228985
So are PM actually that loyal or is that just a meme? Or is it a Gardevoir thing?
>>
I want to redo my jumps, but I can't be bothered, since most of them have new content coming out, and that means they need to be updated... But I know they never will be.

Also, why is the /co/co/ Jump so great?
>>
>>50229452
This version is outdated. New edition in the Uploaded Folder.
>>
>>50229428
Well, for one, theres an evil Superman, who, IIRC, destroy's the moon in one of his fatalities.
>>
>>50229444
It's a Gardevoir thing. Pokemon are individuals so depending on how you treat them they could be exceptionally loyal to rather disobediant.
If you have enough badges they know better than to step out of line though.

But Gardevoirs are exceptionally loyal to the point where they'd take lethal blows for you. Even if you're kind of a cunt both to them and other people.
>>
>>50229444
Depends on your bond with your pokemon how loyal they are, but a loyal mon is insanely loyal
Gardevoir though tend to be way WAY more loyal than other mons, and they'll be loyal even if you're a jerk.
>>
>>50229459
>Fatalities
Aren't those a bit like Disgaea cutscenes, though? Arguably canon?
>>
>>50229444
I think Gardevoirs are noted as being especially loyal pokemon, but in general pokemon tend to be pretty steadfast with some definite outliers.
>>
>>50227877
Cinco de mayo in Memphis with Mariachis singing the blues.

>>50228116
With papercraft, does it apply in jump to others? Can I literally fold up Peach and carry her around in a pocket? Looking good so far, I especially like the Rally perk.

>>50229398
I gave my companions timestop abilities. Any jump where I get depowered but they don't they love messing with me. It was around the time I went from breakfast at kitchen table to suspended from the ceiling in the bedroom that I learned I had fucked up.

In Samurai Deeper Kyo, if you take Aura for 100 along with the True Mibu antics, do you get 8 years of experience training with the True Mibu perks or is it just general skill with your arua?
>>
>>50229502
>papercraft
No, unfortunately someone has to be effected by the "curse" that allows someone to do that to themselves to be folded like that.
>>
>>50229444
It's a gardevoir thing.
>>
>>50229502
It only improves your aura, but your aura is far more powerful with True Mibu, so it's eight years of training with the massive aura of True Mibu. Or at least I believe so, I'm not Gaunlet so I don't know but it would be weird if that wasn't the case.
>>
>>50229489
I'm not sure about that, but remember, this is Superman we're talking about here.
>>
>>50229515
Noted.

>>50229558
I was hoping that would be the case. Guess I need to hope they show up tonight. Thanks anon.
>>
>>50229398
I don't know what just happened.
>>
Since I am idiot that forgot to screencap, what does Glory to Me do to a demigod of Odin again in Percy Jackson?
>>
Is there a perk or a power similar to real eater from medaka?
>>
Question on Mystery Dungeon. Seeing how all the other starters are free to choose from. Would it be fair to add the Alolan starters in same category?
>>
>>50229653
Besides buying Real Eater in Medaka?
Not really.
>>
>>50229661
I would say yes.
>>
>>50229618
Well, considering the myths of Odin I know, one of the most important ones would be his "defeat means friendship" ability. The last of the spells he learned while hung from the world tree was one to make his enemies his allies. or something like that.

I don't remember the rest of his powers though. Mostly general wisdom/warfare/death god stuff I would assume.
>>
>>50229661
I'd wait till the next mystery dungeon game comes out to say for sure, but given the spread of choices in those games had the alolan starters existed they would have been available for selection.
>>
>>50229618
>Okay, Odin gets you quite nice endurance and the ability to just keep going on regardless of how wounded you are so long as you're not dead, speeded learning, communication with and command of ravens alongside the ability to see from their eyes, large affinity for magic, shapeshifting (can become most any animal but will generally have a tell constant across your forms, not necessarily an obvious one though), getting stronger the more wounded you are, a bit of an affinity for prophecy that I would advise against following up on, charisma, tactical genius, and the ability to boost your other demigod abilities permanently via a symbolically appropriate maiming (regenerating the lost bits undoes the effect, but takes a concious effort to do so).
>>
>>50229676
>>50229689
Thank ye and huh, nothing about Valkyries. Meh, my memory was off, anyway
>>
>>50229661
Have fun being slow
>>
File: 1470604235523.jpg (163KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470604235523.jpg
163KB, 800x600px
Would something like Worthy of Legend that prevents someone from copying your abilities stop someone who literally has the ability to match or exceed you from successfully using their power?

Specifically, people like pic-related, whose ability is essentially "your speed +1".
>>
>>50229428
Hmm... Would anyone actually be able to make a jump of that, or is it too close to normal DC to count?
>>
>>50230064
Depends on if they're accessing the same source you're pulling your shit from.
>>
>>50230064
Schreiber isn't copying your speed, his is just increasing to exceed it.
>>
>>50230081
It's a different setting. That's all that is needed for a jump.
>>
>>50230081
We've got like 8 DC jumps. The only thing keeping people from making it is that the game and series were shit.
>>
>>50230092
True, but I'm thinking that perk specifically might do the trick. Here:

>600cp - Worthy of Legend: You are larger than life, a force of nature, an icon, a ideal for others to aspire to. Through time and effort, you have accomplished great things that the envious cannot grasp, no matter the method they use. Without your blessing, any attempt to copy your abilities or emulate your skills fail, no matter the method used. This effect extends even to your visage, shapeshifters, illusionists and technological trickery all failing to perfectly encapsulate your majesty. Those who persist in attempts to imitate you find that in your presence the difference is obvious between the real and the fake.
>>
>>50229428
Considering it makes normal thugs and people like the Joker able to fist fight Superman, and win... It's very dangerous.

Don't know if it's valid.
>>
>>50229489
Superman in the comics straight up overpowers a Guardian and Mogo, then proceeds to shove them both into the sun. Granted, this was while amped with a Yellow Ring, but Injustice is definitely close to as powerful as the mainline comics.
>>
>>50230123
>Injustice
I plan on picking that setting when I roll the DC jump, because I intend to tune the main cannon of Sajuuk to red laser and alpha strike him.
>>
>>50230119
>normal thugs and people like the Joker able to fist fight Superman
Pretty sure those are game mechanics, senpai. The cutscenes tell a different story entirely.
>>
>>50230141
More that there are story/campaigns in which everyone can win, and the final fight is against Superman in all of them.
>>
>>50230153
So, if you choose not to be a drop-in, do you also get the Injustice Protagonist Potential/WAAAAAGH Field?
>>
>>50230141
>>50230153
>>50230180
Isn't it explained by Superman making some pills that temporarily give everyone the capabilities of a Kryptonian?
>>
>>50230180
It's a pill. An actual nanotech(?) pill that makes you durable enough to take hits from Superman, and seemingly strong enough to punch them around.

I should note that the 'wins' against Superman are all by knocking him into the Phantom Zone, but you do have to still physically beat Superman up until he's in position.
>>
If you were to use a fanfiction/alternate world for the Harry potter jump which one would you use?
>>
>>50230195
>>50230208
>temporarily
There are plenty of ways to make such effects permanent.

Also... Wow, I really didn't keep up with Injustice. That's probably one of the first times I've seen a fighting game actually explained in-setting.
>>
>>50230227
Canon since it's basically fanfiction if you take Rowling's comments as law
>>
Is there a way to prevent someone like Doomsday/Crawler from adapting to your attacks besides brute force or just locking them in a box?
>>
>>50230235
Considering what it was, it was actually explained pretty well. The 'good' guys even had to steal the pills before they could use it.
>>
>>50230227
An alternate world where everything is the same except Robbie Rotten replaces Voldemort.
>>
>>50230235
I didn't say there werent. Just stating the explanation as I recalled it.
>>
>>50230254
Hmm... Knowledge of Respect and Harmony from the Servant Supplement at B-rank or above? I don't know if them/their bodies being unable to "perceive" the attacks would be sufficient. If not, I imagine EX-rank would.
>>
File: Sachi Ok.jpg (68KB, 787x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sachi Ok.jpg
68KB, 787x960px
>>50230270
Im okay with this
>>
Throw ideas at me. What do you want to see that I haven't already shown you?
>>
>>50230254
Anathama from Smite could probably just let you keep up.
So they'd adapt, but you'd still be fucking them up regardless.
Not so great if you're tag teaming though.
>>
>>50230350
What you haven't already shown us (i.e. Level Up!, Controlled Growth).
>>
>>50230350
Items? Drawbacks? An Intro? The rest of your Jump?
>>
>>50230350
Eldritch waifu.

Oh, and this stuff >>50230371 >>50230375 as well.
>>
>>50230371
300 cp - Level Up!
Due to the yet another fragment of JRPG logic, the people here can continually get stronger up to infinity, growing from ordinary human levels, to punching out azathoth, one of the Cthulhu Mythos’s heaviest hitters. Specifically, it takes 99999 exp every single level. On the plus side, that might be a very large number, but there is no level cap here. Each level up comes with a small amount of fixed stat points based on your fighting style - mages get magic, warriors get strength, etc - and occasionally a new technique.

300 cp - Controlled Growth
When leveling up, you often find yourself gaining two points of this, one point of that, ecetera ecetera. Well, with this your growth will redistribute itself to what you actually use. If your latest level up came with three points of magic and one of strength, then you can choose to redistribute this to five points of magic, or even five points of speed. In effect, rather than gaining a flat stat increase per level, you can pick and choose your growth, regardless of if the increase was supposed to be based on your actual actions.

>>50230375
Can't show you what I don't have. Thats why I'm asking you to throw idea's at me. Well, I have some items, but they aren't written out yet. Still working on the last two perks.

>>50230385
Nyaruko?
>>
>>50230195
>>50230235
Yep it's brought up in the prequel comics as pills made with kryptonian nanotechnology that increase human strength and durability a thousandfold. It does say a thousandfold specifically as well so you could probably use that as a baseline for injustices power level.
>>
>>50230350
>>50230375
>>50230385
>>50230371
I'll be sad for JusticeAnon if you don't have Hastur Waifu!
>>
>>50230227
Not Methods of Rationality, I'd be too tempted to shoot Smug Harry and Smug Quirrelmort in the face.

If crossovers were legit (and they never are) I'd go for Broken Chains because Sith Harry needs someone sane and competent to help smooth things over; Luna is not competent, and Hermoine is not sane.

I think I'd perhaps go with Barefoot, assuming I didn't find something better. Having a Harry with postcognition is nifty, everyone else has had their competence ratcheted up, and honestly I'm just curious what happens when he shakes a jumper's hand.

Alternately, if I want to BURN DOWN THE ENTIRE WORLD, I go to Cursed Child, steal the time turner, go back to '79 and erase Voldemort as a final fuck-you to this shitty cash grab mary-sue fanfic of a play.
>>
File: Eh.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Eh.png
14KB, 500x500px
>>50230406
>Nyaruko
Acceptable.
>>
>>50230336
>EX-rank Knowledge of Respect and Harmony
What would that even do? Just make people completely unable to fight you?
>>
>>50230422
>not burning down partially kissed hero instead
If there ever were a fanfic that deserved it.
Well either that or my gilded life, but they're both pretty much the same thing either way.
>>
>>50230116
Seems clear enough, if his speed is actually unlimited and he just chooses to go fast enough to beat you, then the perk won't stop it; if his speed is conceptually "better than you", the perk will kick in.
>>
>>50230436
>If there ever were a fanfic that deserved it.
deserved a jump?
>>
Say I have a Horcrux, what are some good ways to revive myself that don't involve spending years in a state worse than death until a follower makes me a new body?
>>
>>50230424
Unrelated, but isn't cthulhu a woman in that show?

They HAVE to meet.
>>
>>50230436
>partially kissed hero
It's so bad that it's practically self-parodying. I have better things to do with my time than give that trash the time of day.
>>
>>50230456
Deserved to get burned down.
If it had a jump it would be arguably worse than sonichu
>>
>>50230406
>to punching out azathoth, one of the Cthulhu Mythos’s heaviest hitters.

Wtf? Is Azathoth a lot weaker in this game, or is it more akin to some SMT-esque protagonist BS? I mean, that specific example would (at best) be mutual annihilation, but still.
>>
>>50230461
Pick up ATH coding from the SBURB jump and tie a body creation spell to the death of your physical form?
>>
>>50230483
Video Game Logic?
>>
>>50230483
Azathoth is the final boss. So not so much a push over as Cthulhu having slowly become a Righteous Hero Of Justice, and the resulting power up.

Also, the narrator accidentally gave him plot armor.
>>
>>50230461
Lost Odyssey has immortality. The most broken way, but it does what you want.
Other than that get either Omega level Self Molecular Manipulation and Omega Regen from Xmen movies, or Anomalous physiology from SCP.
If you get all that you can keep going unless you get vaporized to less than dust.

Alternatively just get a bunch of 1up perks. There are over a dozen of them now. Skullman has one of the best as does Creepypasta.
>>
>>50230428
Yeah, pretty much. If you're already have things capable of harming them, they're pretty much helpless. Conversely, it won't help nearly as much if they're vastly more skilled/powerful than you already. Basically, if you can harm them in the first place, they won't be able to develop countermeasures or adapt.
>>
>>50230428
I figure you'd be able to do what Ollerus (Index) can do to all of your attacks, make them unable to be explained/described/comprehended. People would still be able to fight you but they'd have pretty much no defence other than tanking whatever damage you do them.
>>
>>50230525
Well Hero BBS also has immortality if you find Lost Odyssey too gamey to use
>>
Jump 195: Darksiders
>Two of Cups (Love): The sanctification of the natural through that which exists on a higher plane.
wat.
>Location: The Eternal Throne
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: Hunted: Charred Council (+200), Hunted: Hell (+200)
>From everything I've seen they're equally nasty, though dealing with the Four Horsemen will be interesting...
>Remnants (Free, Drop-In)
Nifty things are nifty, and I intend to use them!
>Guardian's Ally (1300, Drop-In)
Well, at least the neutrals will be reasonably friendly toward me. Here's hoping that Heaven doesn't decide to curbstomp me since literally everyone else is chasing after me.
>Celestial Technology (900)
Oh, hey, technology that is effective against evil things. LET'S START MASS PRODUCTION.
>Maker's Prodigy (600, Drop-In)
What's that you say? Create magical artifacts? Imbue places and objects with power?
>Maker (0, Drop-In)
Stepping up the game. Making things from practically nothing? Oh yes. I'm not going to be creating life, but making it so I can create magic and matter practically from scratch is INSANELY useful.
>>
>>50230525
Not looking to stay alive, looking to mitigate the consequences of surviving an otherwise fatal event due to my Horcrux. Namely being stuck in the same hellish condition Voldemort was stuck in prior to his revival.
>>
>>50230597
So. The apocalypse happened, did it? And now I just popped out of nowhere next to this throne with a guy who calls himself the Lord of Bones? Interesting.

Well, he's probably going to tell me to GTFO, and I'll see what he's willing to trade in exchange for giving me directions to Earth before he inevitably tells Hell where I am, so that they won't bring the fight to him, because Hell is most DEFINITELY coming after me. And that's all fine and good. Portal gun is good to get me out of there and to Earth once he does, and as soon as my boots hit the ground, I summon my clones and set them to the four corners of the earth in pairs, to set up production facilities while I sit down and start fashioning the local weaponry myself, with upgrades.

When the first scouts from Hell show up, they find me carrying the free equipment you get from buying Celestial Technology, attacking with aplomb. When the second set of scouts show up, they find that I've upgraded said tech, and instead of a holy spear, it's more like a holy beam cannon.

When they start showing up en masse, I take everything I learned from Doom and apply it to fighting them. And after a short time, the automatons that have been mass produced start jumping into the fray. Blessed silver frames, holy promethium flamers, bolter shells raining into the masses. And then I send them to Hell to finish the job.

Granted, this doesn't really work after you get to a certain level of competency on the demons' part, let alone the Horsemen when they get into the picture later, but it works well enough to soften them up and son of a bitch I've just turned myself into a DLC boss.

You know what? Fuck it. I'm going to bury them all in holy magitech and find a way to get Death to resurrect humanity, because it's the right thing to do.
>>
So, I made an M.I.B. jump, because I wanted one. Feel free to comment.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GdHDbY_wlUMxWwBUJq0FA-BsdKJQL6xDEEUpJiUkKJg/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>50230461
I guess if you have a possession perk you could set up a cloning tank where you keep your horcrux. Or some sort of automated process that makes the regeneration potion that voldemort used and have it activate when your physical body is destroyed.
>>
>>50230601
Just teach a companion some kind of resurrection magic.
Or get possession perks. I mean Voldemort was kind of like a ghost right? The one in Creepy pasta should work.
>>
>>50230610
the symbiote drawback is too simple. Not really -100cp considering it's potential danger, but not worth more since it is such a small issue that can be overcome by most jumpers with nill effort. I'd say just drop that one and come up with a different drawback.
>>
>>50230601
Create a mindless backup clone of yourself, e.g. Cortex Command jump, for your spirit to possess?
>>
File: Queen in Yellow.jpg (2MB, 2078x3022px)
Queen in Yellow.jpg
2MB, 2078x3022px
>>50230419
I already have one anon, why would I need Cthulu Saves the World to offer one?
>>
>>50230653
>Just teach a companion some kind of resurrection magic.
This is my current solution, trying to replace it since there could be times where my companions are unavailable.

Are there any good forms of Resurrection based immortality? The type a jumper normally wouldn't look twice at since their chain would be over before it could do it's job?
>>
>>50230672
Twins they were!
>>
Still need to work on a sidekick capstone, but the villain section should be done. I know that the constellation perk and dark form perk can't really be discussed until I finish their customization tables, I promise they will be the next thing I do once I finish racial perks and figure out that capstone.
>>
>>50230610
Is this just based on the first movie? It feels kind of... bland? I dunno, most of the origins seem to be based on side charavters who we only see for a couple seconds.

Maybe do some more origins like "Villain" and have a purchasable race section instead of making origins and race the same?
>>
>>50230672
How did you end up waifu'ing Hastur Justice?
>>
>>50230679
Most would get blocked by the horcrux since you're not really dead enough for them to happen.
Lost Odyssey does explicitly rez you from death, but you already said that's not quite what you're looking for.
Touhou's Hourai elixer might do it, but the horcrux would probably get in the way for that one. You get it through a scenario post spark, but there's nothing really stopping you from stealing it in setting besides the honor system and not being a dick.

Honestly you'd be better off having Final Fantasy Autolife on deck at all times if you're relying on a horcrux. Wouldn't help much to set up while you're already dead, but it is possible to have it rigged up to always activate while alive. I know one of the tactics games even had an item for it.
You could probably do that with FF7s Final attack perk linked to revive or an equivalent if you don't want to rely on equipment.
>>
>>50230610
My first thought is that there's no dedicated Drop-In Origin; that's gonna make some people salty. I don't care personally, but someone is going to bring it up.

And personally I feel like specific aliens shouldn't be Origins in and of themselves; maybe just a Xeno/Alien Origin? With an option to buy a specific race?

Also, it seems to me that you're drawing exclusively from the movies. Is that correct?
Because there was also a comic and even an animated series for a little while. You might get more stuff out of them to flesh out this jump a little more, I don't know.

But all in all it does seem like it has good bones. And my hype has awakened, so there's that.
>>
>>50230694
So wait, do we directly control our body with Heartless, or are we actually remotely controlling the body from inside the heart.
>>
>>50230703
So the Lovecroft jump just came out right? For the hell of it I took the crawling with love drawback, and the drawback that makes Elder Beings more likely to turn their eye towards you.
The IRC insisted I got an Elder Thing attracted to me because of this and rolled for it, they rolled Hastur. They kept on badgering me on this until I just said "fuck it" and accepted it, so long as Hastur was female.
Then later I took other jumps, Detective primarily, that had drawbacks with Elder Things(Detective has a Hastur drawback) and placed them "before" the Lovecroft jump, so now Hastur had been chasing me for over a thousand years before she "got" me in Lovecroft.
>>
>>50230743
You're split between them. You direct consciousness is stored in your heart but you have full direct control and awareness over your body. I guess that might not come across too clearly. I'll make sure it's spelled out.
>>
>>50230694
Doo_liss Drawback pls?
>>
>>50230744
Huh I thought this was gonna go odd ways...
>>
>>50230744
Huh. Cool.
>>
>>50230762
I have no idea what that actually means, but upon cursory investigation I think that could be one.

It just means that the Nameless ghost boss is now some nerdy kinda-assholish dude named Doo_liss?
>>
>>50230778
Ok so you know the part in Paper Mario TTYD where this guy steals your appearance and your stuck as a shadow while he impersonates you until you figure out what his name is and kick his ass?
Like that, including the part where you're missing the letter to properly spell his name.
>>
>>50230788
Right, i'm sorry I got confused there. Which resulted in me finding about some apparently well known roleplayer who go's by Doo_liss.

But yeah, the regular plot one works too.

That was a dumb.
>>
>>50230778
>The art of restoring colour to that which has become colourless. You possess the ability to generate mystical “paint” capable of painting reality,
>painting reality

What exactly does this mean?

>you are capable of using the paperize technique. With a moment of though yout are capable of “flattening” reality around you

So, is this like, shortening depth and height of an area around you? Is this a radius? If so, how large? Does the "flattening" effect you, or can you maintain your form?
>>
>>50230788
>>50230807
I think the race that guy is part of is called Duplighosts?
>>
>>50230694
>Card Catcher
>Imprison the souls of multiple enemies in order to gain a bonus against their allies/friends/family
Let me guess, it's a gimmick that becomes horrifying when you really look at it. Now I want to pull a Pegasus and imprison the souls of heroes in cards so their friends have to come and save them.
>>
>>50230835
>paint reality
So the paint power appears to have the ability to paint battle cards into reality. It's kinda like casting a spell from a scroll. it is also, naturally, capable of altering the natural colour of things.

>paperize
it allows you to perceive and manipulate your immediate area as if it was completely flat, like it was just one single sheet of paper. You retain your form, things keep going on, but it allows you to use magical stickers to manipulate the world around you (again much like a spell) or store objects within your immediate area in sticker form.

>>50230836
yeah, that's why I got mixed up.

>>50230857
pretty much.
>>
>>50230890
>paint reality
It also can be used to draw summons into reality and small objects as well.
>>
For those of you who've gone to Worm, did you keep it low key or did you start skullfucking S-Class threats for quick dosh?
Did you keep your civilian identity secret?
Did you fuck around in Winslow highschool, trolling everyone?
>>
So, theoretically, if someone wanted to make a jump of Disney Hercules, how far would they have to nerf canon companions and purchaseable abilities? The proper solution would probably be to just not offer anything having to do with the gods or impose non-canon limits, right?

Considering the protagonist demonstrates strength on par with 1000 CP SMT races, and the only real threats there are a result of idiocy/a matter of easy resurrection, neither of those solutions seem unreasonable.
>>
So I made a few clarifications and expanded the notes, including the alternative Flip! write-up.
>>
>>50231010
I don't know. They are gods but very little is shown in the way of cannon feats outside of the titans. Hercules himself, pre-ascension, is not all that much either honestly. Just go with what feels right.
>>
>>50231010
No nerfs necessary. Herc was strong, but he get his ass kicked rather often in the expanded series.
Don't forget that there's a lot more than just the movies going on. Also threats and combat aren't everything.
So don't feel the need to be restrictive for in setting stuff since not much is actively dangerous.
Also Alladin crossover drawback is almost necessary.
>>
>>50231020
I think Flip! works much better this way.
I suppose we can't use it to flip back into 2d space, but that's fine since paper alt forms pretty much cover that already.
>>
>>50231010
You can still offer canon companions if you want, generally it's just a matter of either soft gating them through some sort of joining requirement, or a matter of adjusting the costs. It's not like you can't get them elsewhere in any case, it's just a matter of knowing where you can get them (companions like deities and such).

Can't really argue against it by saying that "Well it looks like they're worth 1000 CP elsewhere" because the dynamic changes by a fair bit the moment you start using another jump as a guideline to determine the cost arrangement for one jump. You'd have to start finding jumps which allow canon companions at price X with a power Y and compare it until exhaustion pretty much. It's pretty senseless eventually.
>>
>>50231010
If your first thought when trying to make a jump is to pull as far away from the setting and canon as possible, then maybe you shouldn't make the jump.

And inter-jump balance is bad, and you should feel bad.
This isn't a competition of whose setting is stronger. Powerdick measuring is for chumps.
Jumpchain is about celebrating settings and the characters within, regardless of the so-called 'power level'.
>>
>>50231010
Not necessarily. Keep in mind that while Herc shows strength on par with the 1000cp SMT races they're much faster, have special abilities as well as resistances/immunities. Plus, keep in mind that Herc was challenged by the Hydra, and would have most likely been crushed by the Titans (how he grabbed the tornado one I'll never know) in a straight up fight, given that they gave the much stronger Zeus a hard time.
>>
I gotta crash now, so night /jc/.
Please be sure to leave comments on paper mario for to see.
>>
>>50231028
>Hercules himself, pre-ascension, is not all that much either honestly.

Not that anon, but... you're kidding, right? The below link is a basic overview of his capabilities.

http://deadspin.com/measuring-the-ridiculous-physics-of-disneys-hercules-839193632
>>
>>50231060
Good night Skull Slime, sleep well.
>>
>>50231054
>This isn't a competition of whose setting is stronger. Powerdick measuring is for chumps.
>Jumpchain is about celebrating settings and the characters within, regardless of the so-called 'power level'.

Which is why anon said he would consider not offering the capabilities themselves. You're not losing any matter of the setting or characters, it just doesn't become a powergrab.

Of course, canon companions can be tiered in price, as well as reasonably expensive.
>>
>>50231020
Flip! looks pretty cool, I looked up Miegakure and it seems like temporarily moving in 4d would be interesting.
>>
>>50231030
>>50231039
>>50231054
>>50231059
Thank you, anons. I'll try to implement as little nerfing as possible. Though now that I think about it, Hercules was a direct scion of Zeus, so he may be stronger than a normal god/demigod.
>>
>>50231088
I don't know if I'd call something a power grab just because it doesn't put arbitrary limitations on something. That's like saying that any setting that offers you powers shouldn't do it because it makes it a power grab.
>>
>>50231129
If we considered the point strictly from a story perspective, then the notion of choosing companions should really be based on compatibility as well as story potential. With this in mind it wouldn't make too much sense to "powergrab" companions, since a lot of the time the powerful characters are either isolated and wouldn't want to join you, or wouldn't provide much of a story (or could be too dangerous).

Moving from this point of view, canon companion gating starts to look like a compromise in recognition that some people simply don't care about the character, and look at it as purchasing an external powerset. So I guess in that sense, you could consider it a powergrab. Sure it kind of spits in the face of the notion of a "story" or "feasibility", but people will find ways to justify that as well (like perks that force people to mentally become your companion even if they wouldn't otherwise and others)
>>
>>50231120
According to Zeus, Hercules inherited his father's strength. Presumably, anyone not Zeus or his children would not have that insane strength. Even then, remember that Hercules was a full god who was turned mortal, he still has the strength of his godly self. So even a demigod of Zeus wouldn't have Hercules' level strength.
>>
>>50231153
That should be level OF strength at the end.
>>
>>50231129
You can't place arbitrary limits on something that's not offered in the first place.

Hercules was so strong for very specific reasons. Namely he was the son of fucking Zeus. It's not like a club or group of people that someone can join (like, say Umbra Witches or AW Demigods), so there would be no reason to give away that kind of strength to a non-canon character.
>>
>>50231062
It's always fun to calc the numbers, but if you were actually visting the setting (e.g. as a jumper) the fundamental mistake would be in assuming physics is involved at all.

>>50231120
It's a disney toon. See above. Once you get beyond mortal limits, strength isn't measured in absolute tons, it's measured in narrative. Ares tosses the stone across the ocean? Hercules will be able to toss the stone across _two_ oceans (though he might only be able to do it with sufficient motivation), because he's Hercules. Etc.
>>
>>50229350
See, when jumpers start off early on they take people they don't like, such as Game Groups, to "torture" them for their stupidity a bit. Mid jumpers realize that you should take companions you like and take Zaibatsu. But Late jumpers matured and enjoy the existential dread that Plague's commentary provides. Yes, UNSTABIAZ fits late jumper
>>
>>50231153
>>50231169
Hmm... You're right.

What about making it so expensive that you need to take up a lot of drawbacks to acquire that level of strength? So to gain the strength of Hercules, you would need to complete the (Disney or greater) Labors of Hercules?
>>
>>50231185
Take Vaati to Dark Souls and just leave him there.
>You want to investigate that lore, go right ahead.
>>
>>50231191
Well do you actually have a background that justifies the addition of a perk related to Hercules' strength? There's a difference between a background allowing you to become a divine entity, versus a background allowing to become a specific divine individual. It's a roundabout way of saying, do you really want to give people the option to make themselves Hercules?
>>
>>50231191
Seems fair. Perhaps a lesser option as well for less cp? Like, you have the full godly strength of Hercules which requires a bunch of drawbacks, and then you have a lesser, demigod level of strength, which requires only a few or no drawbacks depending on your other purchases. With the former, you are on the same level, while the latter, you're close (maybe half, three fourths), but not on his level entirely.
>>
You know, people are debating about this theoretical strength perk, but if I don't get a singing perk in the Disney Hercules jump, I'll figure out how to teleport through the Internet just to smack the jumpmaker with a newspaper.
>>
>>50231209
Not really, but I would at least need to include a "demigod" origin, considering literally the entire story revolves around him.

I don't think it'd be out of the question to have something like a tiered "divine attribute" that could be boosted with multiple purchases, the strongest of which require drawbacks thematic to the story. As far as I remember, strength wasn't specifically a part of Zeus's portfolio, so it wouldn't necessarily be limited to his children. He was just the Allfather (because of sticks), so his seed packed some serious divine nutrients.

>>50231246
Of course there'd be a strength perk, anon.
>>
>>50231246
>>50231249
*Singing perk, I mean. This is probably a sign I should get to sleep...
>>
>>50231259
Golden Outline is going to be fucking annoying to write isn't it? (If you decide to write it that is.)
>>
>>50231294
not him but what are you talking about? is Golden Outline a song or something. what does it have to do with singing.
>>
>>50231334
When Herc becomes whatever it is that got him golden outline.
>>
File: Disney's_Hercules_-_Hercules.png (279KB, 736x579px) Image search: [Google]
Disney's_Hercules_-_Hercules.png
279KB, 736x579px
>>50231334
I think Golden Outline is a reference to the gods' divinity/immortality. Unless they mean something else.
From what I remember, even a mortal can attain a place among the gods if they're awesome enough.
>>
Jumpers! Dumbest one-liner you or someone on your team has ever said!
Go!
>>
>>50231408
Anytime I ever name-dropped the series I was in.
Which I do, mostly to amuse myself.
>>
>>50231294
>>50231361
>>50231376
Actually, it seems fairly straightforward. It's possible that Demigod won't be a background, but a general perk. "Golden Aura" could very well be a capstone-booster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts_WDlgNMoo

>800 CP, Undiscounted, Requires Demigod - Divinity : Everyone knows loss, but few can escape it. Whatever it was, something -- or someone was worthy enough for you to dive to Hades and back. Something seems... different about you, however. Your brush with near-death has awakened your potential as something greater than man. A golden aura belies your true nature, enhancing your strengths and protecting you from the manipulations of Fate. In addition, you'll find your divine frame unaffected by the frailties of age and earthly disease, as well as supernatural powers that would seek to sap your strength or vitality.

>Go, Jumper! And add to the myths of the realm! You may have ascended, but your tale is far from over...

How's this?
>>
>>50231408
This >>50231429. As well as "I have all the power in ZA WARUDO!" and variations of such with time stops.
>>
>>50231457
Seems pretty good to me.
>>
>>50231457
I like it. Might be a bit expensive but it seems pretty cool. I find myself taking perks like this, because I like the theme so I'd probably get it.
>>
>>50231429
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8mYLi3PGOc
>>
>>50231457
The glow's cool and all, but I'd love a Hades hair style effect.
>>
>>50231528
Das cool mane.
>>
File: great.jpg (40KB, 950x561px) Image search: [Google]
great.jpg
40KB, 950x561px
>>50231470
Alright. So, I'm taking suggestions. Or I will be when I'm on next.

Origins will probably be:

Drop-in:
Farmhand:
Charmer:
Demon (?):

Drop-in is drop-in
Farmhand based on Hercules, Charmer on Meg.
Demon would be based on Hades, with divinity for best results. Obviously, it would have a perk for flaming hair.

Anything else you fine souls would like to request? It'll be free. Mostly.
>>
>>50231528
I was thinking more of the utterly insane number of /co/ threads based on that premise, "they truly were the Aqua Teen Hunger Force" and all that. But sure, we'll go with your idea.
>>
>>50231548
Seconding this.
>>
>>50231408
"Rock falls, everyone dies."
*summons meteor*
>>
>>50231568
You collected Xycon for your team?
>>
>>50231457
>It's possible that Demigod won't be a background, but a general perk.

That seems a good idea, otherwise you'd need restricted 800cp perks for each of the other backgrounds to avoid One True Build syndrome.

Hmm. It's been way too long since I saw the movie. Did all the gods have the golden aura, and/or was it something they could hide?
>>
>>50231553
A Demon/generic perk for making/summoning/commanding monsters like Hades. I want to pull off my own monster of the week shenanigans
>>
>>50231576
The aura isn't always gold, Ares was red if I remember right, and they don't have it on all the time.
>>
>>50231553
You've got the flaming hair, seems like you've got the glow. I'm liking the look of this already.

I assume there's a satyr trainer who may or may not be a companion, a mythical method of transportation - given the example of pegasus you've got most of Greek myth open to you, and maybe something like a 'muses' perk that makes the muses show up in the background as backup singers or just singing commentary on your adventures.

Imp minions who can shapeshift would be useful. Items could be flying chariots, training weights good enough for a demigod, 50cp items like Herc brand shoes and assorted merch.
>>
>>50231576
From the looks of it, they all had an aura of some color or another, EXCEPT for Hades.
>>
>>50231553
>>50231591
>>50231607
Maybe we could get to customise the appearance of your glowing godliness?
>>
>>50231607
The guy on the right even gets two different colors, his helmet is yellow, the rest of him is red.
Not sure if he's Apollo or not, since there is a dude above Aphrodite who also has a sun theme going on.
>>
>>50231575
Who?
>>
>>50231623
That's probably Helios, the actual sun god.
>>
>>50231470
>>50231553
>>50231507
>>50231548
>>50231555
Thanks and good night, anons. Drop-in capstone is pretty obvious, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa0lMzaljTk

Or maybe that'll be a drawback? Hmm... Decisions and dastardly decisions...

>>50231576
The gods are all weird colors due to auras, as far as I remember. It'll probably be toggleable post-jump.

>>50231581
I'll consider it, anon.

>>50231597
Probably all of that will fit in somewhere.

>>50231620
Potentially.

Okay, for real this time -- I bid thee adieu!
>>
>>50231626
A Lich from Order of the Stick, I'm pretty sure he pulled off that exact maneuver at one point.
>>
>>50231597
> 50CP Item: You're given every in-universe Hercules brand product. T-Shirts, mugs, action figures, the whole bit.
> All of it is mundane.
I admit, I'd be tempted.
>>
>>50231633
Good night, Hades Anon.
>>
>>50231623
They all have that. The glow seems to correspond to the color of its source.
>>
>>50231607
Who's the one in the far back, behind (?) Helios and Demeter?
>>
File: StopPostingSatan.png (203KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
StopPostingSatan.png
203KB, 500x375px
>>50231666
Maybe it's Persephone Satan, it's not like Hades has her as a waifu in the movie's universe.
>>
>>50231690
>Stop Posting Satan
Why are you bullying Satan, he was just asking a question.
>>
>>50231711
I'm contractually obligated to post that image, or the other one, any time the 666 comes up in-thread.
Notice how I tried to help and answer his question anyway.
>>
>>50231761
I know, I was making a joke. How do I know this?

BECAUSE I WAS THE SATAN ALL ALONG! Thanks for answering my question by the way, though I'm surprised to hear that she's not his wife in-universe.
>>
>>50231775
Well Hades is a lot more Satanic in that movie, Satan.
>>
>>50231787
I don't know why people keep getting me and him confused, he runs the good parts of the Underworld as well, and he's a pretty nice guy over all. Then again, people also think I live in, and rule, Hell, when I'm trying to avoid that place. You humans are weird.
>>
>>50231819
I spent a good about of time in my teen years ranting on the internet about that, I'm just willing to go with the flow now.
>>
So I am reading a bit on wiki and Misaka, from Scientific Railgun, can hack into any electronic device. Is it actually ANY electronic device or does she have limits on that
>>
File: Captain Garlock.jpg (85KB, 780x481px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Garlock.jpg
85KB, 780x481px
>>50227909
What do you think about his new Oramus charmset? Personally I thought it was neat on a first read, but on a second I felt like he recently played Bloodborne and really just wanted to fluff Azathoth as a Primordial, so a lot of stuff feels too conceptually all over the place.

And then he just kinda threw in Snake for the PD, which just confuses me.

>>50227877
Paladin skeletons, with bones smelted in gold and silver with little halos and fiery wings.

Which can combine into a big flaming skeleton ball.

>>50228032
Go for it!

>>50228768
My what now? Nah. Naaaaaah.

Shut up, Blaize.

>>50228853
AND SHUT UP GAR

>>50231408
"Be WARE of that house!"

>gently pushes someone into open warehouse door
>they bounce off the forcefield

>>50231607
I always thought Hades' blue fire hair was supposed to be his version of the aura, but he can't have a proper one 'cause Disney had to make him look like the villain

I mean to be fair myth!Hades was probably the leastshiny Olympian out there
>>
>>50232088
She manipulates the flow of electricity. She doesn't have any special hacking powers, she can just use her power to interface with them. Also, it would be trivial to insulate the system so she couldn't, it's just that her power is uncommon enough that no one ever bothered. Also Crowley's a fucking troll and probably left that easily fixed security hole on purpose.
>>
>>50232180
Oh okay.

And would the Reality Distortion field from SCP or Anti Magic Field from D&D negate Accelerator powers? I mean, I could TRY to outsmart him but apparently Railgun characters have super incredibly holy fuck intelligence.

And I don't know if that one perk that makes it so people always think they see my attack for first time counts as having vector or no, because if no then I might have fun with it
>>
>>50232214
Just punch him and then pull your hand back at the very last moment. His automatic vector-reversal will cause your fist to be drawn in instead of pushed away. Seriously. That is actually something that works against him. Granted, the person who did that trick was the researcher in charge of Accelerator, and had a really good understanding of the timing and triggering conditions behind his power, so it's probably not easy to pull off. But it can be done.
>>
>>50232250
You also need to be able to account for his active and/or passive changes in the reflection field film thing so when he tries to change how far away it is from his body you yell "get fucked"
>>
File: harrypotter1478739810438.jpg (969KB, 1195x1272px) Image search: [Google]
harrypotter1478739810438.jpg
969KB, 1195x1272px
>>50230227
>pic
Whichever one has Weasley twins that look like them.
>>
>>50231010
If your first instinct is to explain your setting in comparison to another completely separate IP you should probably not be making a jump.
>>
>>50232304
Wouldn't they be the Prewitt twins, though? I mean, swapping everyone's genders presumably shouldn't change the societal trends that make name inheritance patrilineal. So this is actually a story about Harriet Evans, Ronda Prewitt, and MaleversionofHermione (probably something Shakespearean) Whateverhermomsmaidenname.
>>
>>50232341
No because headcanon doesn't have to make sense
>>
>>50232341
I'll be honest here: my dick isn't all that literate. My dick just sees >>50232304 and starts making loud but not unreasonable demands.
>>
>>50230422
>Not Methods of Rationality, I'd be too tempted to shoot Smug Harry and Smug Quirrelmort in the face.

I'd give into that temptation. Probably crash the whole setting too just to spite them.

"Oh yes their Wizard Paintball- Fuck you I'm a Meme Worthy Tactical Genius and I've been spying all along behind even the Teacher's back!" - The Wizard Paintball arc that was overly long.

"Oh yes, how special you are killing glorified magic robes." - When he kills the Dementors.

"Fuck your science it's Wonderland time." - When he tries to Rationalize me and I activate my Reality Marble.

Heck! If I got canon HP Magic instead of the local variant I'd basically be some kind of Demigod with inherent permanent transfiguration, fuck all energy requirements for spells, and much stronger blatant violations of logic.
>>
Jump #53: Slime Rancher
Drawbacks: Attack of the Tarrs (1200)

Name: Diamond Paige
Origin: Slime Scientist

-Perks-
Equipment Engineer (Free)
Micro-Storage Design (1100)
Slimy Geneticist (900)
Slime Fusion (600)

-Items-
Slimepedia (Free)
Basic Vacpack (Free)
Starter Ranch (Free)
Slime-Environmental Suit (Free)
Slime Lab (500)
Plot Converter (300)
Slime Generation Chamber (0)

Well, this was an ...interesting ten years. I spent most of it studying the slimes and their byproducts, and the various uses for both. I tested out the effects of the fusion process on some cloned cats and dogs. Satisfied when they didn't suddenly dissolve into mush, I gave everyone a free upgrade. Everything wasn't all fun and games though. The Tarr attacked us in endless waves, and the automated water cannons could only do so much, and sometimes they broke through. They would eat a couple Hen-Hens or Slimes, and then we would hose them down with a water cannon. I eventually got so tired of them that I ordered everything to be shipped up to the Dahak and the area bombarded. Even then, I was finding the voracious little bastards everywhere! None of my slimes were going crazy so where were they coming from!? I ended up building a dome over the farm and rerouting some water from the oceans on deck 500 so that everything not part of the ranch was underwater.
>>
>>50232552
Wait, canon transfiguration is permanent?
>>
>>50232304
You can always make/import companions that are female Weasley twins.
>>
>>50228192
>>50228263

You two failed completely at reading if you think Reyvateils are robots, when the setting and games make clear they are not and even present actual robot girls (the maid droids) to make a point of them being entirely separate things from them.
>>
>>50232986
As far as I can remember yeah. A lot of shit people think about Harry Potter is actually fanon.

Then again, transfiguration being permanent actually breaks physics less than it being permanent. Since if it's temporary then when the "Magical Energy" runs out where does it get the energy needed to change back? So either it uses up the last of its energy automatically to change back, meaning it's ancient spell shenanigans in the fanon verse, or it changes back after it runs out of energy and blatantly violates Conservation of Energy.
>>
>>50233044
>Then again, transfiguration being permanent actually breaks physics less than it being permanent.
I meant it being permanent breaks physics less then it does if it's temporary. I need to get on a better sleeping schedule.
>>
>>50232986
Yeah by the books alone it's heavily implied to be.

For one thing Transfiguration also refers to stuff like the statues/gargoyles in Hogwarts being alive which certainly seems permanent. For another there's never much indication that it's not permanent.

In fact we have some evidence that it can be (worryingly) accidentally permanent as there's a wizard mentioned who accidentally gave himself horns that nobody can remove.
>>
>>50230227
Dunno really. There's not any universes that are particularly great, except maaaayyyybbbbeee Child of the Storm. But that's massive crossover so probably not allowed.

A Black Comedy possibly? Or maybe that one who's name I can never remember where they defeat Voldie with a summoning charm and shenanigans ensue?
>>
Uncharted Waters is the jump that lets you import a ship that companions are always active on, correct?
>>
File: JC4.jpg (58KB, 650x482px) Image search: [Google]
JC4.jpg
58KB, 650x482px
Quick question-I don't suppose there are any hints on how the Loom of Fate and Pattern Spiders of Exalted were constructed, are there? I know they're among the most mysterious things out there, but is there at least something out there to explain their operation?

If not, other than the Dawn Machine blueprints, cribbing from the God-Machine, really high-level One Power use, really high-level Blazblue/Discworld magic how else can you build machines that can control, define or create fate as a concept?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (47KB, 433x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
47KB, 433x200px
>>50233088
A lot of things in Harry Potter are terrifying if you think about it for longer than the second or two of initial whimsy, thanks largely to the wizarding world's baffling incompetence. It's like handing a bunch of preteens buckets of C4 and telling them to go play. This is how we get Death Eaters.
>>
>>50233314
Considering that C4 is useless without a detonator, that's not an accurate comparison.

t. pedant
>>
File: tumblr_oaoofws2RK1shwh2to1_400.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaoofws2RK1shwh2to1_400.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>50233294
The spiders were an invention by Autochthon, and I think the loom of fate might have been as well. I also vaguely recall there being a sixth maiden (who was a bloke) called Nyx who stayed loyal to the primordials and was crafted into the loom after the war. I'd have to go digging to be sure but it feels about right.
>>
>>50233389
WELL I'M NOT A BOMB EXPERT, AM I LANA?
>>
>>50233412
Archer is easily my favourite series /jc/ has introduced me to.
>>
>>50233412
Has anyone ever done a chain as Archer? Sounds like it could be entertaining.
>>
>>50233294
What >>50233399 said in addition to the big original spider he personally made, the rest came from her. It isn't like Exalted has a theme of going in depth to explain shit, if anything it's riddled with too many authors without oversight slipping shit in despite being told no. Like thousand forged dragons. So barring fixing a world of literal cancer and communism then getting it to fess up, good luck.

As for the second question, something something mooncell something something chaldea, something something kaliedoscope when fate jumpdate gets released.
>>
>>50233541
>thousand forged dragons

Wha?
>>
>>50233541
>Chaldea
>Grand Order
Presumably after cthulhu finishes saving the world.
>>
>>50233294
Not... really?

>Loom of Fate
Created by Autochton when building Creation. Intended to facilitate Creation's independent operation, without requiring the Primordials to direct everything all the time.

Nothing on how /exactly/ it was made, beyond "Autobot did it". but it required constant working by the Maidens to maintain it.

>Pattern Spiders
Autobot build them after the war to automate the Maidens' job. (Along with the Sidereals.)

They're basically custom-built Machine Spirits, AKA a kind of Autobot's unique Deva/Demons/Gods. (Their improved second generation, the Design Weavers, are classed as Custodians in the Alchemicals book.)

Asna Firstborn, the first Pattern Spider, can make more and slip new directives into the ones already there. But...
>The pattern spiders were forged using Primordial magic, and nothing less than that can alter them. Even if another Primordial were to tamper with them, no being other than Autochthon has the comprehension of those machine spirits’ inner workings or specifications to modify them without destroying them utterly and possibly whole sectors of the Tapestry along with them.

So, in short, you're pretty much screwed on this unless you can get Autobot to help you.
>>
File: 40.jpg (77KB, 500x302px) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
77KB, 500x302px
>>50233412
WELL MAYBE IF YOU HADN'T BEEN DRUNK OFF YOUR ASS DURING BOMB DEFUSAL TRAINING YOU WOULD BE!
>>
>>50233574
A freelancer really loved the idea of super fuck off mech dragons who sucked up environmental leylines and ruined the world as they went around in the thousands as an aerial defense unit back in the age of dreams. Everyone on his team including his supervisor told him no and rejected it from the book. He snuck it in as a tantrum. It's dumb, and honestly the game would have been better off without it.

>>50233671
Presumably.
>>
File: archerrrr.jpg (47KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
archerrrr.jpg
47KB, 624x352px
>>50233730
WELL MAYBE I WOULD.
>>
What are some fun early jumps? I'm talking like the first ten after Pokemon presuming you take it.
>>
>>50233927
Black Dynamite, The Sims 3, Touhou Project, Tales of Phantasia, Career Model, Hollywood, Dodg- let's just say all the mundane (and relatively mundane) generics (and pseudo-generics, like Great Detective), Princess Bride, Nechronica.
>>
>>50233927
Archer
>>
>>50233927
The Road to El Dorado, Pirates of the Caribbean, Discworld.
>>
>>50233927
Spice and Wolf, Gravity Falls, Most of the Generic Jumps, Invader Zim, Buffy, Harry Potter, Harvest Moon, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, and pretty much /all/ the Kamen Rider Jumps are all pretty interesting worlds that offer a chance to ease yourself into the whole interdimension wanderer lifestyle without a ton of threat to your person. Ranma 1/2 and Shaman King are both a little more action packed, but no less survivable and certainly fun.
>>
>>50233927
Custom Robo? Fairly low power. Only one mini apocalypse.

Maybe power rangers, mystery dungeon is iffy, any of the generic jumps other than zombie, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (by far the safest FF game).
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.