[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 55

File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Favorite sword of X and Y edition

Old Thread: >>50208675

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
File: Image.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Feast and Famine is definitely my favorite, but I really dig using Body and Mind in Lasav.
>>
File: deepestlore.jpg (134KB, 731x489px) Image search: [Google]
deepestlore.jpg
134KB, 731x489px
>>50227373
I'm too afraid of pitching a utility piece into their yard for me to use B&M. I do like the little tokens though.
>>
File: Sword of Fire and Ice.jpg (502KB, 1000x1377px) Image search: [Google]
Sword of Fire and Ice.jpg
502KB, 1000x1377px
Proper sword reporting in.
>>
>>50227296
Feast and Famine is absolutely degenerate in Narset Voltron. Best fucking sword.
>>
File: 1467296370435.png (815KB, 811x998px) Image search: [Google]
1467296370435.png
815KB, 811x998px
Just played Saskia against a friend today in Commander Duel. Holy Shit that thing is fast, and it's so straightfoward, a blast to play. Felt very Comfy, but that annoys me. I'm building way too streamlined decks just dropping strong, cheap and efficient beaters. The thing is that I don't feel very statisfied while winning or losing, it's just about rng and deckbuilding.

Which decks that I can play that are very interactive and skill intensive? I wanna lose because I fucked up and win because I played like a Pro.
>>
So I saw Akiri in Breya and wanted to have some boro's fun.

I threw this together with what junk I had laying around. Gonna flesh out the manabase and add a few better artifacts later like Sunforger and Batterskull.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/best-boros-commanders/
>>
So, anyone been able to try out Saskia yet? How is her deck out if the box? I haven't made a deck list yet, but just going for a ramp and combat focused deck.

Of course some damage doubling enchantments would be perfect, and so would an assault suit to spread the damage. I think giving her to the named player would be dumb, since they can't attack without hurting themselves also
>>
>>50227458
To be fair, Narset makes every card degenerate.
>>
>>50227531
As you're playing Akiri, Bruse Tarl and Stone Haven Outfitter might as well bring an Ally sub-theme.
Weapons Trainer could be there as it is a JorKaddeen-lite.
Resolute Blademaster is probably the most disgusting thing you can land on a board if you've gone a little wide.
>>
File: All of my Commanders.png (2MB, 1110x928px) Image search: [Google]
All of my Commanders.png
2MB, 1110x928px
>TFW you want to make another edh deck after a year but you want to save your money.

All these new cards that have come out and this new Chandra is just begging to go into my Radha deck.
>>
File: Braids.jpg (202KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
Braids.jpg
202KB, 800x1132px
(Last thread died right after so here REPOST:)

Here, I updated it and as I said I would, here is my current blue Braids list that I share with you guys

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/blue-eyes-braids/
>>
File: knight_young_woman_tiny_sword.jpg (104KB, 600x980px) Image search: [Google]
knight_young_woman_tiny_sword.jpg
104KB, 600x980px
>>50227609
Manabase is decent, getting to 4 Colors isn't hard.
Hits like a fucking truck, a blast in Duel. In Multiplayer you're probably killing someone, but won't be able to win most of the times.
Not much to do besides tapping creatures and casting removals, tho.
>>
I think I wanna do an Infect deck with Sidar Kondo. Who would be the best partner for him?
>>
>>50227713
for infect? probably silas just to have access to UB
>>
>>50227632
I thought about it, but I decided against it. I chose him honestly just to stay in Boros. I mean, I'll only ever cast him when I go for lethal with Akiri.

The outfitter will probably be scrapped by something like puresteel paladin or other equipment stuff.
>>
>>50227296
Blade of Selves so I can swing with a stoneforge and get two more swords.
>>
Making Naya tokens with Tana and Sidar Kondo. Will post once I finish the list.
>>
Anyone else play combo Teysa (original Teysa). Any of the Com16 cards seem worth it? I'm not seeing much.
>>
>>50227778
Only guy I've seen use a partner only used one of the cards and nothing to partner him with.

Most of them don't really synergize with each other that well, and overall they are pretty mediocre.

Absolutely fucking everyone is running Atraxa and I'm really tired of her.

Atraxa becomes fucking huge straight away because they always have a way to put a +1/+1 counter on it. At least a 3 swing kill, usually 2 swing kill. Then you add vigilance, lifelink and deathtouch, so nobody ever attacks you and she always gets to swing, so the player will end up at 60-70 life.
>>
>>50227296
What are some good cards for mad Cascade shenanigans with Yidris?
>>
>>50228017
Maelstrom Wanderer.
>>
>>50227531
Play her with Silas Renn and play affinity EDH.

She gets fucking huge so fast for someone who only costs 2 mana.
>>
>>50228253
Was playing a straight out of the box Breya today (My playgroup is doing a "gradual" deck improvement thing). Managed to drop Akiri with 14 artifacts in play, where three were plating, loxodon warhammer and swiftfoot boots. Swing for 31 lifelink trample first strike vigilance haste hexproof. Got the Atraxa player down from over 60 to only 30! Then all my artifacts got exiled by a merciless eviction and I basically lost on the spot.
>>
>>50227833
None of them tutor for Darkest Hour or have fresh sac effects so no. Maybe Magus of the Will for enchantment recursion but Sun Titan does it so much better
>>
>>50228402
Magus of the Will is pretty nice in grave heavy decks that tend to self-mill some. I'd slot him into Sidisi if I could find room. Speaking of Sidisi, I may add Ancient Excavation for that sweet hand refresh.
>>
>>50227707
I was thinking I could play it politically, allying with some people, mostly against that one guy, when she hits field
>>
>>50228414
I want to love Magus but the fact that you need to wait a turn makes it really hard to justify using him
>>
I just bought a hundred dollars worth of fake lands from china men.
No ragrets
>>
>>50228446
That's one of the reasons I've held back on him as well. He's cool as fuck and it'd be handy to have easy access to used up spells, but he's a little slow, which gives people time to remove him. At least he's less expensive than YawgWin.
>>
Bought Yidris and GayBros and played them out of the box.

Yidris is just a boring Necusar deck, so I'm scrapping that and probably building voltron.

GayBros is actually fantastic as is, but I'm scrapping it to rebuild my Zedruu chaos deck. Maybe turn it less grouphug and more pillowfort control while adding in Angry Omnath to benefit off of those sweet, sweet land drops.
>>
>>50227531
I think Akiri is best meant to be Voltron. I'm running her solo.

Critique, degenerates.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rw-spoder-gurl/
>>
>>50228765
I'd add a partner commander just to have the option if need be. Bruse would still fit your setup and he'd be an always available body.
>>
>>50228459

Dude I bought $200 worth. They're great.
>>
>>50227609
Had a ton of fun with her at a sealed opening night commander night event at my lgs. Getting only one or two decent attacks in is enough to close out a game in 1v1, sometimes just one creature with double strike is enough. Dmg doublers are a given. The deck seems to want to go a little more wide than tall so maybe some better token creators or creatures that work well with a lot of others on the board would be good. White anthems and adriana capt of the guard will help with the weenies.

Another thing l was thinking about doing was attempting to get death touch and trample on as many creatures as possible as that guarantees plenty of combat damage even if block (only have to assign one point of dmg to the blocking creature cause that one is lethal with deathtouch). Not sure how to consistently do that though through an entire deck. Also while playing I did have a rough time drawing into necessary removal for when my opponent got too big. It might have been just my luck or maybe its a little light on removal for a a deck with the best removal colors in it. Also there are practically no board wipes for when you really need them.
>>
File: commanders.png (2MB, 1828x979px) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
2MB, 1828x979px
>>50227638
My list needs a bit updating, I swapped Nath for Rhys the Exiled.

As for >>50227296 the sword list is clearly:
1. Fire and Ice
2. Feast and Famine
3. Light and Shadow
4. War and Peace
5. Body and Mind
>>
File: 1474918130630.gif (342KB, 153x113px) Image search: [Google]
1474918130630.gif
342KB, 153x113px
>people see yidris precon as nekusar
>All I see is tasigur now with red
>>
File: Image.jpg (38KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
38KB, 223x310px
>>50229022
tbqh the only thing Ydris precon needs is Warp World.
>>
File: 635460314604310220.png (197KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
635460314604310220.png
197KB, 265x370px
>>50229022
>>50229042
Can we start posting Yidris secret tech?
>>
>>50229066
>cascade trigger off of that
jesus christ
>>
>>50229135
>>50229066
The Yidris cascade only triggers off spells cast from your hand.

So Villainous Wealth is no different from any other X spell
>>
>>50228896
I was thinking I could try to run yard, but that could be because I have a fetish for reanimatior.

But going wife does seem good, making sure to get in there. The dream would be a mirror gallery and blade of selves on her. Smack everyone for a shit ton
>>
File: Image (75).jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (75).jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>50228765
Darksteel Forge, Mycosynth Lattice, and pic related
>>
>>50229190
I know. But ideally you pump it to like 8+.
>>
Do Myr Turbine and Unwinding Clock have a place in Breya or should I focus more on etb/flicker?
>>
>>50227492
Hard control in a multi-player environment

Grand arbiter comes to mind

Not stax though, just lots of prison and counters
>>
Building Atraxa infect / stax. Anyone got any spicy tech?
>>
>>50229192
Yard could work, but I think there are other combat based commanders out there that are better suited for it than saskia. I feel that there are better ways to go with her, but thats just my opinion.

Havoc festival will easily leave people within one-shot range after a single turn cycle, and dropping a wound reflection post combat main phase could easily because to get people down to single digits unexpectedly if not outright kill whoever thought taking that 20+ damage wouldn't get them just yet.

Now if only I had those cards :(
>>
>>50229252
I'm playing both, even though I am also focusing a lot on ETB
>>
>>50227492
Politics and/or group hug?

Group slug? Trying to kill your opponents without killing yourself first sounds like fun to me.
>>
Was tilted off the planet today by some 12 year old.

>4 person pod, me, my 2 buddies, and this kid
>Buddy A is playing Rashmi control, kid is playing narset, buddy B is playing EzUri, I'm on derpy sharuum
>game going well, Rashmi is doing rmp/draw/counter, I keep baiting counters to stick a mindslaver, ezuri building an army slowly, narset not doing much.
>kid apparently has to leave soon, asks if he can "booster tutor" (doesn't have card, just wants to do effect)
>don't really care much, he's leaving so who cares
>grabs conspiracy 2 booster, opens subterranean tremors, casts it for 8
>like half my mana is artifacts, but whatever, we'll rewind when he leaves
>stays for 20 more fucking minutes
>he finally leaves, we lose to Rashmi with capsize & forbid

Fuck chaos players, fuck group hug, fuck "lulz" plays. Never letting that shit slide again.
>>
One friend of mine bought Atraxa and the other bought Breya

Which out of the other three is good enough to go up against these two?
>>
File: what the fuck am I casting.jpg (56KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I casting.jpg
56KB, 265x370px
Does anyone know what the fuck to do with this guy? I'm seriously at a loss on how to go about building him. Combo? Value? What? The only thing I'm actively trying to avoid is chaos because fuck taking 15 minutes to resolve a Thieves Auction.
>>
>>50229658
Storm. Hit once and it's gg. Probably too slow/inconsistent, but it did well in test games on cockatrice.
>>
>>50229646
why in the everliving fuck would you allow him to booster tutor in the first place?

You brought this on yourself.
>>
>>50229697
Got a list?
>>
Would you buy next year's Commander product if the theme was silver-bordered decks?
>>
>>50229724
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-11-16-yidris-storm/

Can with with either tendrils or Blue Suns Zenith. Typically tendrils.
>>
>>50229716
Like I said, he said he was leaving soon, so I figured it wouldn't matter. Plus he needed to hit the one specific mythic rare that did something.
>>
>>50229658
the deck he comes with is pretty fun to play already
>>
>>50229817
>he said he was leaving soon

Which makes it a particularely bad idea? Why give someone the chance to fuck up everything when he has to leave?
>>
>>50229817
Eh, it's just one game out of a thousand, and if it made the kid happy, it was probably worth it.

If you play him again, though, don't let him do it again.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/etherium-mastery/

This is my first draft of a 4c deck. How does the mana base look? Are thr artifact lands worth the extra utility even if it puts me at greater risk for Bane of Progress or Vandalblast?

Other suggestions are welcome, but I'm really most concerned with the manabase.
>>
>>50229846
The other players were personal friends, we could have easily rewound 3 minutes of stupidity.

>>50229875
Never again.
>>
>>50227924
I've tried out the partners in the Atraxa deck, and I think I honestly prefer using Ishai over Atraxa herself. You fly under the radar, for a while then move in for the one hit kill when no one suspects it.
>>
>>50229887

If you're building an artifact deck you can't beat vandalblast or bane of progress without drawing your mass recursion or darksteel forge anyway so I wouldn't worry about your lands getting destroyed, the possibility of sac'ing them to Breya or goblin welder or something is good value
>>
>>50229924

>le bad cards are good because you "fly under the radar" meme

I can't wait for this to end
>>
How RNG is Ydris? I might buy it just for the shenanigans I can pull with the deck. Winning is secondary, maximum RNG insanity is primary.
>>
>>50229946
Works for me.
>>
File: 1445018840763.jpg (146KB, 578x737px) Image search: [Google]
1445018840763.jpg
146KB, 578x737px
Hey guys. Always plays green guy here and looking to build atraxa. While I could just build stax I feel like ive done that before and am pretty tired of it.
I bought the precon and really just enjoyed putting +1/+1 counters on everything. So what are some good cards for this list. Im already thinking biomancer, sage of hours, cathers crusade. What else tg?
>>
>>50229887
I'd add 1-2 lands, also you have very few ways to interact, with 0 wrath or counter. You don't need 10 of each, but 1-3 go a long way.

As for cuts, Unburial Rites seems mediocre, same with salvaging station, hellkite tyrant, and aether spellbomb.
>>
>>50229958

Why not play craps instead of ruining the game for your friends?

Better yet just open up Microsoft excel, use "=randbetween(0,100)" and go wild, have a ball
>>
>>50229958
I'm thankful you're not in my playgroup.
>>
>>50229996
I actually really like Unburial Rites. I've played it in Esper decks before alongside Intuition, and it's pretty great.
I'm going to test Salvaging Station and the spellbombs, since Breya can enable multiple Salvaging Station triggers per turn, and Aether Spellbomb can turn some of those triggers into draw.
I'll cut the Hellkite though, I guess it does seem unreliable without haste enablers.
>>
>>50230008
>>50230032
Not that guy but why the massive hateboner for chaos strategies/decks?
>>
>>50230117
Not that guy but I dislike dedicated chaos decks for the same reason I dislike no win con group hug because it draws out an already long game into tedium. It gets especially bad if you have a small play group in which case the big weird cards lose their novelty "oh boy thieves auction I never would have guessed."
>>
>>50229958
Red and blue has all of the best cards for this.

Warp World, Chaosphere, Grip of Chaos, Confusion in the Ranks, Hive Mind, Eye of the Storm, Possibility Storm, Scrambleverse, Thieve's Auction, Cowardice, Goblin Game, etc.

I have built this deck, and trust me, you will get exactly one game out of it before people outright refuse to play you.
>>
>>50230117
People just want to play the game and chaos decks can sometimes stop/inhibit that by either playing spells that just take forever to resolve like thieves auction or just by being a random annoyance. Its one thing to for another player to harm you in order for them to get a lead and win, but when someone is just being lolrandumXD and doing things without purpose its more of a pain in the ass than fun for everyone else.

I've actually hardly played commander with other people but I lurk these threads daily and this is just what lve gathered from reading other peoples thoughts
>>
>>50230173
What if it's enchantment-based chaos and runs Opalessence and/or Starfield of Nyx? More/less acceptable?
>>
>>50230210
As far as I'm concerned the more win cons in that sort of deck the better I would rather lose to someone than watch as my opponant stack chaos effects to make the game as unplayable as possible.
>>
File: Lightsworn 11-2016.jpg (64KB, 561x395px) Image search: [Google]
Lightsworn 11-2016.jpg
64KB, 561x395px
please don't get too upset with me posting this here but the thread I posted in is completely dead.

Can anyone tell me what these two trap cards are, to the left of the Solemn Strikes? Also the 6th and 10th monsters in the extra deck? These are the only cards I don't recognize and this is the only image I have of the deck
>>
>>50228017
Lots of the storm cards.

Mainly mind's desire, shit can get bananas
>>
>>50230295
They are get out, and wrong thread, respectively.

>tfw playing 3 player commander
>tfw zedruu shuts you off with pyromancer's swathe before you can even really do anything
>tfw he loses to the zombie tribal deck because he can't do anything about it, even though you could've done something about it if you hadn't been shut off
>tfw the zombie tribal deck was too big to deal with by the time zedruu died, so even the godliest topdeck wouldn't have worked
thanks zedruu
>>
whats some secret tech for an Atraxa counters deck with a little bit of infect?

I already have City of Shadows
>>
How viable and fun or broken can EDH Archenemy be?

Do you have to set the Archenemy to have 80 life while the rest of the players to be at 40?
>>
>>50230526
>archenemy edh
Could be fun. But you have to have the right decks for it.
It's also probably more fun if people don't infinite combo out.
>>
>>50230526

If you're talking about that variant with the special effects the archenemy gets, then that format is always unbearably imbalanced in favor of the archenemy, if anything they need to start at 20 or 30 life

Multiplayer edh is already archenemy half the time because it's not that common that's everybody starts equally well, yet the archenemy still wins because that's how you build a multiplayer deck, you need to be able to win when everybody is gunning for you

Giving that person absurdly strong effects for free is just stupid as hell
>>
in terms of out of box strength what are the best and worst of the new precons? Which one is the best after tweaking?
>>
>>50230582
i played a few games with the precons, Yidris and Kynaios and Tiro seem to be the strongest decks. Breya and Atraxa didn't seem to do much. Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>50230582
Breya and actually surprisingly Gay Kings seem really functional right out of the box. Atraxa is also good, largely on the back of how broken its Commander is. Saskia feels good, but kind of forces you to pick one enemy and it's hard to win the actual match. Yidris is fun, but his deck doesn't really feel like it fits him super well, it might even be better to go with Vial Smasher and Kydele as your Commanders.

I think Atraxa and Breya are probably the strongest after tweaking, although they all have potential to be great build-arounds.
>>
>>50229658
>>50229804
This is the way Yidris is supposed to be played. I cringe every time some retarded Timmy gets all giddy about ramping into fatties because "muh free fatties". No, fucktard, you're going to cascade into ramp spells that you don't need anymore because you can already afford your shitty Terrastomper. Cascade is at its best when you can cast multiple low-CMC spells to produce more value.

Here's my list, it's a bit more budget than yours so obviously not as pushed. Still working on it.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/yidris-things-1/
>>
>>50228765
there is really no reason to not play with a partner unless your voltron deck needs all 99 cards in its deck. worst case scenario your deck is 1% more consistent.
>>
>>50230735
>>50228800
>>50228765
I put together Akiri + Kraum and it's quite nice. The addition of blue helps the problems Boros faces with draw, as well as adding some unblockability should you need it. Kraum makes for a nice, flying, hasty secondary body if your Akiri tax has gotten to high or she is otherwise disabled.
>>
>>50228765
Add a partner. If you don't want Bruse, you can just splash a color.
>>
>>50227296
I don't have any swords so I hate all the swords.
>>
>>50230678
Storming off is probably the best thing you can do with him, but I think Yidris is open-ended enough to support a lot of builds. Cascade is one of those abilities that is just going to propel you forward, even if all you're hitting with it is ramp and card draw.
>>
File: Image.png (117KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
117KB, 223x311px
>>50227296
>excluding best sword
>>
>>50230800
>forgetting this fucking insane card
>>
File: index.jpg (12KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12KB, 190x265px
>>50230800
that's a club idort
>>
>>50229995
Obviously Doubling Season if you're willing to shell out the cash for it, Primal Vigor if you're confident you'll outpace anyone else at the table. Regular Vigor is fun too, though his GGG cost might be wonky in a quad colored deck. I just threw together an Atraxa deck using leftovers. Nothing really stellar outside of what comes in it, though I tossed in the Mephadross Vampire/Triskelion combo. That alone basically wipes the board, and paired with Hardened Scales, Corpsejack Menace, and/or any other +1/+1 booster and you get and stupidly big fatty to boot.
>>
What is some secret tech for good ol' Intet?
>>
File: jitte5_LRG.jpg (52KB, 800x293px) Image search: [Google]
jitte5_LRG.jpg
52KB, 800x293px
>>50230832
It's a jitte mongoloid.

Still not a sword but whatever.
>>
>>50227713

Put him in Doran. There's lots of low power, high toughness infect stuff. Kondo and skulk will make them unblockable.
>>
Autistic spaz who quit because of 4c, here.

I was at my shop today doing other stuff for the owner, and frankly, I think I'm glad I stopped playing. I managed to listen to three different games tonight while I was doing my thing, and they were all full of passive aggressive butthurt to the extreme. No one could do anything without someone else whining about it, even though they were all legitimately picking on one player, who happens to be fairly new. Like, I'm talking telling him he did something out of order and he couldn't take it back, then taking something back on their turn kinda shit.

I had my doubts, but I think I made the right choice.
>>
>>50231165

What does that have to do with 4 color generals tho?
>>
>>50231184

It doesn't, However, it made me realize how shitty the environment was and that it wasn't worth my time.
>>
>>50230295
The traps are lightsworn judgment,The synchro is clearwing synchro dragon, and the Xyz is S39: Utopia the lightning.
>>
File: EDH decks November 2016.png (1MB, 2176x1792px) Image search: [Google]
EDH decks November 2016.png
1MB, 2176x1792px
rate my commander choices /tg/
>>
>>50230969
jitte literally means club
>>
File: 1467592275256.gif (924KB, 296x163px) Image search: [Google]
1467592275256.gif
924KB, 296x163px
thoughts on my, uh, coin flip deck?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kynaios-big-gay-casino-group-hug-coin-flips/

I used to use Narset for a "spin to win" kind of thing, but it was pretty flimsy. The deck worked best when I could get Propaganda out and pillowfort, so Kynaios was a natural fit for it. It's been doing a lot better. I've been really careful not to include too many cards that either make turns last forever or are confusing to resolve. There are a couple of chaos-so-random-xD-type decks in my group, but mine is the only one people tolerate. The rest use Mizzix to copy Expropriate 5 times onto Eye of the Storm and it's fucking awful.

What have you guys been doing with Yidris? I'm thinking about building a token kind of thing with lot's of single shot token producers and combat tricks.
>>
>>50230951
orrery and leyline are mvps
>>
>>50231342
Post Atraxa decklist please. Thats exactly what I've been wanting to build with her and I could use some ideas.
>>
>>50231388
here you go
i like phyrexia a little too much :I

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atraxa-envoy-of-cancer/
>>
Is Tana and Ravos tokens as good as I think it could be?
>>
File: le banned commander.jpg (449KB, 1000x1382px) Image search: [Google]
le banned commander.jpg
449KB, 1000x1382px
I've got these decks

>Xenagos - Utility fatties + extra combats

>Kokusho - Sac, Recur & Lifegain

What should I build next? here are my ideas

>Edric - Counterspells + Flying Men
for tryhard tables in case i ever end up in a group where combo is prevalent

>Unknown commander - Something political and controlly, act as table police

>Krenko - goblins are my waifu tribe

>Unknown R(x) Commander - I just want to play funny red spells
>>
File: Nightstick.jpg (6KB, 350x290px) Image search: [Google]
Nightstick.jpg
6KB, 350x290px
>>50230969

It's literally a metal nightstick you dumdum

They were even used for the exact same purpose
>>
>>50230526
You know, I might just try out archenemy planechase EDH with a few people when archenemy: nicol bolas drops next year.
>>
>>50231538
I'd go with UW control/politics for symmetry. Gwafa Hazid is pretty fun. Hanna is a great source of recursion for unkind artifacts and enchantments. Dragonlord Ojutai can be a deck full of answers with a voltron or combo finish.

Just don't build Brago. Everyone builds Brago, and it's more or less the same deck.
>>
>>50231360
I'm building him good stuff with some storm cards to maximize value off of each cascade. The wheel effects were kinda neat but a pain to resolve so I'm cutting most of them.
>>
So I have a Gahiji deck that is my go to politics deck. Gives players creature tokens, forces players to attack, disincentives attacking me. However, I also have a foil Queen Marchesa I pulled from a Conspiracy draft. Would she be a better general for this sort of deck? I would lose out on the token makers in green, but would gain black tokens and removal, with better punisher effects if they decide to attack me.
>>
>>50228459
>>50228811
>Supporting communism
>>
>>50228459
Are china fakes just better proxies or are they perfect copies? I'm scared as hell that people will try to cheat me when trading or that my cards become worthless because no one can distinguish them from fakes.
>>
>>50232232
Fantastic proxies. They have a different feel to them that is obvious when you hold them, therefore they are only good behind a sleeve.
>>
>>50228017
Charms and Commands with counter options so you can still run counters and cascade into them without trouble.
>>
>>50229995
i'm feel like i can go superfriends with atraxa, having a lot of planeswalker and the dead-eye navigator and deepglow skate seems lot of fun
>>
>>50230569
i actually lost in archenemy against Keranos+Daretti+Animar while runing a pretty decent sultai goodstuff
>>
How do I force my EDH buddy to stop watching Command Zone and regurgitating their shit opinions at me like they're his own?
>>
>>50229995
Spike Weaver and White Mikaeus

Cathars Crusade goes well with Cauldron of Souls
>>
File: 19748.full.jpg (52KB, 200x278px) Image search: [Google]
19748.full.jpg
52KB, 200x278px
>>50229332
>how to go infinite in one easy step
>>
>>50228919
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/living-dead-girl-4/

What do you have in mind for fun combos in Sidisi? Here's what I've been brewing for a little while.
>>
>want ajani mentor of heros for atraxa
>he is at 12€ right now

Does he even see play in any format or..? Not that 12€ is much, but still.
>>
i actually love the atraxa deck, its like it was made just for me. what are some good upgrade i can put into it and what are the weaker cards i can take out? i need an objective opinion
>>
What's some fun tech for a Nemata saproling tribal deck? I've looked on EDHREC but I want some silly stuff too
>>
>>50232984
Doubling season, Anafenza, white mikaeus, and black mikaeus because he has a nice synergy with cauldron of souls if you want to keep that. Skithiryx could be fun too.
>>
>>50233013
>doubling seasons
i just can justify 40 dollars on a single card, the oth stuff seems good though, what stuff should i consider taking out? i have only played the deck a few times so i have not even seen all the cards in game yet
>>
>>50233055
I mean you could use primal vigor as a budget replacement. also panharmonicon could be fun too if you combine it with corpsejack menace and deepglow skate. Speaking of deepglow skate you could throw in a deadeye navigator, they seem to make a nice pair.

I dunno what to take out tho since I don't know the entire list right now, sorry.
>>
>>50231192
That's more that group's problem though. Are there no other players around you?
>>
>>50231165
that sounds like your shop is just filled with autists more than anything. who the fuck plays EDH at a card shop anyway? go find some friends and play with them
>>
>>50228446
3 for a 3/3 in B that demands removal and is immune to a good amount of removal

I dont see the problem here
>>
>>50233182
I play casual and edh with friends at a cardshop because it's easier to meet there and we might find some new people to join.
>>
File: 1473298668278.gif (177KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1473298668278.gif
177KB, 500x411px
>>50233182
>friends
If I had friends I wouldnt be playing childrens card games
>>
File: necropotence-48935.jpg (26KB, 245x352px) Image search: [Google]
necropotence-48935.jpg
26KB, 245x352px
Phrases that come into your head when you play certain cards

>pic related: Unlimited... POWER!! "Supervillain laugh"
>>
>>50229234
CMC is still 3...
>>
>>50233226
>childrens card game
>childrens

I wish. Then I wouldn't have to spend this much on cardboard.
>>
File: primal surge.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
primal surge.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50233240
[various animal sounds]
>>
>>50233226
I'd say the interactions in this game are too much for most kids. That, and the entry price for most formats isn't cheap. You can usually get by with a precon, but that only lasts so long.
>>
>>50233240
In my playgroup, any card/action that makes you the monarch requires you to declare that you are the "prettiest princess"
>>
>>50233244
Have you ever looked up yugioh prices?
>>
>>50233250

Hulk... SMASH!!!
>>
File: en_AwwTlfi8vI[1].png (189KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_AwwTlfi8vI[1].png
189KB, 265x370px
>>50233240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHU3ovLasE0
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-careful-hug/

The closest i have gotten to making monoblack group hug.

Is there something i missed?
>>
>>50233287
Yes, but konami usually ruins the price of cards about half a year later by reprinting them to hell and back in tins and stuff.
>>
>>50233242
Not on the stack.
>>
>>50233317
Maze of Ith, cabal coffers, nykthos shrine to nyx?
>>
File: Decklist.png (2MB, 3194x946px) Image search: [Google]
Decklist.png
2MB, 3194x946px
>tfw I honestly don't know if I lost the Anafenza deck somewhere in my room or at my LGS over a month ago.

It was a cheap deck I made with leftover Standard stuff, and the only cards worth anything in it were Dragonlord Dromoka, White Mikaeus, Gavony Township and Ajani Mentor of heroes. I can probably rebuild it really easily, but it sucks losing a deck. Anyone ever have anything mtg related go missing/get stolen?
>>
>>50233226
*teenagers card game
Isn't Magic 13+?

>>50233268
I was 5 when I started playing, and, although I sucked ass, I understood how shit worked. And that was during Mirage when stuff could still be confusing
>>
>>50233405
Its not that bad, man. I remember an anon saying here that his 3-4 edh decks got stolen from his car, about $800 worth of cards.

I only have two decks and i can't imagine how pissed/sad I would be if they got stolen.
>>
>>50233366
>running nonbasics in meme deck

I mean, i probably should buy them anyway, but not for this bullshit.
>>
>>50233491
Magic has definitely gotten simpler and more swingy, but explaining things like stack interactions can be frustrating.
>>
>>50233405
I once had a Tazri deck whose win condition was Zada, Rite of Replication, and a bunch of other allies.

It was fun shit.
>>
File: 207.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
207.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
Still waiting for my Breya precon to arrive. Gonna play it without altering for a bit. Looking forward to finally slamming my Sphinx of the Steel Wind in a deck after that. It's one of those cards that I always wanted to play but never really had the deck for.
>>
>>50231830
Queen Marchesa is fun for a politics-style deck, but you're probably going to be hard-pressed to convert a Gahiji into Marchesa- Marchesa is a lot less friendly. It's still possible though, and you might do well to consider the following:
>Marchesa is in Mardu
>Run Alesha, Zurgo, Recruiter of the Guard, Mentor of the Meek, Sun Titan, Athreos, etc.
>Run weenies and politics effects, plus a little graveyard recursion for consistency
>Recruiter can get anything from a utility creature to Zurgo, Beefstick on demand and can be recurred with Alesha, who she can also get
>Strionic Resonator can up the value even higher
>Still plenty of room to decide how much weenie and how much politic you want
>>
File: 01-kinder.jpg (29KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
01-kinder.jpg
29KB, 620x465px
>>50227531
Akiri is actually not that bad. I am brewing a EDH modern eggs version with her also partnering with Bruse in order to win with voltron.

Saskia seems like so much fun, but a 4 colour manabase seems like complete hell even if you have access to green
>>
Alright fuckaroos let's discuss what we'd want from Commander 2017. I'd really dig Allied-Pair Tribal decks.

WU Merfolk or Spirits
UB Zombies or Wizards
BR Goblins or Demons
RG Dragons or Hydras
GW Elves or Soliders

First choice is the obvious easy pick for tribal colors, second is something that could work as a second option or a sub-theme
>>
>>50234152
>or
Why not both?
>>
>>50228896
Ankle Shanker comes in that deck. Just need some trample.
>>
>>50234152
Allied-color Planeswalker Commanders.
>>
>>50234152
There are literally already tribal commanders for those tribes in those colors. That's the problem with ally color generals, we already have a shit ton. I kind of want them to drop cycles and let the designs run wild, we will probably get more cool stuff that way.
>>
>>50234152
I've always wanted a RG kavu commaner, but a hydra that isn't Ushalt would be cool too.
>>
Why are red vampires so shit, /tg/. There's not a single one of them worth running.
>>
>tfw you get flash and all possibilities become open to you
Is there a better mechanic than flash?
>>
>>50234354
It's the saddest thing :<
>>
File: 1465295763683.jpg (231KB, 563x725px) Image search: [Google]
1465295763683.jpg
231KB, 563x725px
Hey guys I'm thinking Yidris combat shenanigans. I want to use Aggravated assault to take endless combat steps as one of the wincons.

How are you guys building Yidris? Creature and fatty heavy? Spells matter? Voltron (why)?
>>
>>50234152
I would like ally color commanders with experience counters, with the secondary commanders being two monocolor legendaries with partner. I think those two commander mechanics are fucking dope and I really don't want them being just one-off things
>>
So I got the Breya precon. I like Silas, because I just want to play artifacts and I love recurring them from the grave. Akiri seems like a good enough pay-off card for playing with artifacts, so I thought I'd pair them.

So the auto-includes I feel are the boots/greaves, my 3/5 swords, Jitte and Batterskull.

What are some other good options that just makes artifacts more resilient? I want to play with my toys and keep playing with them until the others run out of answers/drown in my mass of trinkets. I could also use a non-combo wincon if anyone knows of a good one with this deck's goal. Otherwise I guess it's Time Sieve combo.
>>
Just bought the breed lethality deck and played duels against a friend with the artifact deck, had a blast playing edh again after so many years. The deck felt removal-light and had some filler cards.

What are some good entry-level upgrades?
>>
>>50234130
I feel like Akiri would do good in Duel commander. I mean, the deck I eventually will want is a normal edh/commander but I think that due to her mana cost, her keywords, and cranial Plating ability is just really good. I feel like she could ea ws I'll become the best Boros commander.
>>
>>50234760
easily*

Fucking hate phones.
>>
>>50234650
Primarily spellslinging with a storm wincon, secondarily wheels and abusing effects that benefit from other people's graveyards.
>>
File: aetherfluxresevoir.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
aetherfluxresevoir.png
129KB, 223x311px
>>50227296
Aetherflux Resevoir.
>>
>>50234833
>>50228017
>>
File: aries.png (448KB, 461x486px) Image search: [Google]
aries.png
448KB, 461x486px
>>50227638
Mono-Red Jeska Commander? Post the list!
>>
>>50234229
>>50234294
Alright lemme try revising that list, this time using Shards

>W/U/B Spirits
>U/B/R Eldrazi
>B/R/G Demons & Dragons (Demon Dragon?)
>R/G/W Elementals
>G/W/U Wizards
>>
>>50235013
Im glad youre on 4chan and not working for wotc
>>
Rate:

commander: Marrowgnawer

63x relentless rats

35x swamps

1x Nykthos
>>
File: decklist.jpg (652KB, 3000x900px) Image search: [Google]
decklist.jpg
652KB, 3000x900px
This is after years of build up.
>>
>>50232232
>china
>>50232277
Yes that and Just look at the condition as well. If its in really good condition odds are its a counterfeit
>>
File: Sydri.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Sydri.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>50234833

Could someone tell me if I'm wrong ?
Aetherflux Reservoir + Pic related + esper mana = Instant kill everything and everyone at the table ?

I think with lifelink you pop to -3X life then go back to 20 at the resolution of the activated ability, or do you loose by paying the cost ?

I never quite tried to understand how state based action works.
>>
>>50235116
You still need to have 51 life tho.
>>
>>50235146

My question was about the fact that you give lifelink to aetherflux reservoir after you made it an artifact creature, then blast someone with its activated hability.

If I get that right, you can pay for the cost even if you are under 50 HP, then get back to your precedent life total (before you activated the ability) because of the lifelink.

My question is : is there a check of you being under 1 life between the payment of the life and the resolution of the ability ?

If not, you just have an instant win combo by doing 50 damage for free an infinite number of time.
>>
>>50232390
hey youre totally right
>>
>>50235214
No, you need atleast 51 life. You can't pay with life you don't have and you die state-based once your life hits zero since you pay the life first.
>>
>>50235081
No Thrumming Stone/10
>>
>>50235116
>>50235146
>>50235214

Ok sorry I google it, you can't activate Aetherflux Reservoir if you're under 50 HP. Still an infinite combo, but far less exciting.
>>
>>50235214
You can't play life you don't have, stop being so autistic. We already conformed it works.
>>
File: 1.jpg (48KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
48KB, 312x445px
>>50229784
Only if the lands are full art
>>
File: 1475152821940.jpg (96KB, 320x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475152821940.jpg
96KB, 320x360px
>mfw Yidris into Maelstrom Wanderer
>mfw Cascade, cascade, cascade

Yidris is literally the best meme general
>>
gays or breya? The rest are out of stock.
>>
>>50235146
Well 50, but you need something like platinum angel or phyrexian unlife to not lose.
>>
>>50235548
Gays if you want value
Breya if you care about artifacts
>>
Alright /EDH/ I need to cut 8 cards from the Sydri list I'm working on. I'm almost there, but I'm not sure what else to pull out at this point. While I'm here asking, anything super obvious I'm missing that isn't crazy expensive? Just note I don't want to make infinite mana. That may seem counter intuitive to a combo-y deck, but the last two decks I built ended up making infinite mana really stupid easily, and I'm pretty sure my playgroup is sick of watching me do that, so I made sure I didn't include any way to do that it in this list.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-11-16-sydri/
>>
>>50235630
What's the value in gays?
>>
>>50233240
Any time I have to play a boardwipe to survive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g
>>
File: Gen wave.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Gen wave.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>50233240
>X=Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EfhAFA2yFE
>>
I know it's slightly off topic, but how do you guys feel about planechase EDH? I'm thinking about shelling out $150 for the Anthology set that releases in a couple of weeks just to have the precons for casual play, but I know I'll definitely end up trying to convince my playgroup to play with the planar deck.
>>
>>50236184
It's a lot of fun, but can make games take hours and hours and hours. You really need to have the right group to be able to make it fun and not just miserable.
>>
>>50236184
My experience with multiplayer planechase is that it's fun at first but after a while everyone kind of forgets about the planes and rolling the dice and stuff.
>>
>>50236184
EDH is kind of the ideal format for this type of thing, at least on paper. I know I've had good fun doing it, however >>50236283 is right, more often than not. Buy it for the magic decks of there's stuff in there you want, but unless you're really sure about your group liking it, just use proxies if you want to try it.
>>
>>50236283
> after a while everyone kind of forgets about the planes and rolling the dice and stuff

In my experience its not so much "forgets" as people try to win the game at a certain point, so if they roll and get a plane that fucks them over and stops them from popping off its pretty feelsbad.
>>
>>50235994
It has the most value in just card price. Don't know the exact but if you care about "muh shekel" then it's the gays you want. Play for fun, anon
>>
>>50233116

I had a steady group for a good 4 years that died out earlier in the year. We always played at someone's house because there were no time constraints. They all stopped playing, and then I found this card shop, which is open till 2 am.

>>50233182

It is, actually. A lot of the people there are very stereotypical, though in general, it's a pretty cool place. They're pretty casual, much more so than my old group, and it was a pretty nice change of pace. I guess I didn't notice the shift in attitude because I didn't want to.
>>
>>50236500
Seconded. Planechase extends an already long and chaotic format into tedium and beyond. We tried it with my group and then came to that conclusion. It's also why none of us run group hug decks.
>>
>>50236828
Group hug decks in general are weaker due to the fact that you can easily get dicked over
>>
>>50236868
They are, but my point still stands.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/s-h-a-r-p-d-r-e-s-s-e-d-m-a-n/

My decks are bad and I should feel bad
>>
>>50236948
And guess what anon?
You're cute
>>
Memnarch is a MENACE and is in danger of ruining my group

I must destroy him. Who would be the best commander to accomplish this?
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50237418
Question: Is it just Memnarch stealing everything from you and the other players or just a really strong artifacts deck?

If it's the former why not steal Memnarch before he can steal stuff from you?
>>
>>50237418
hurkyl's recall
>>
>>50237418
Any blue commander
>>
Picked up Breya today from an LGS, they said that Breya and Atraxa were selling like hotcakes and the other three were very clearly in stock, especially Saskia.

Then I noticed that they also still had Commander 2015 decks in stock for Daxos and Ezrui. Why doesn't Wizards properly balance their shit so that vendors aren't stuck with dead stock?
>>
>>50231342
Can you post the Gitaxias deck, running a Phenax one now but it's got me curious
>>
>>50237418
Tell everyone else to run Homeward Path
>>
>>50237818
Certain decks being more popular has nothing to do with balance; the C15 decks were all fairly powerful, and while Yidris and Saskia are a bit underwhelming, Kynaios and Tiro are one of the more powerful decks from C16, people are just flocking to Atraxa and Breya because they both support more popular themes.
>>
Quick post your top three decks!
>Token bonanza with Prossh
>Memestorm wanderer
>Spin the Wheel Nekusar
>>
Nth for Breya being broken as shit (which I love).
>>
>>50237979
>Angry "Why can't I hold all these lands?" Omnath
>Savra, Queen of nobody can have nice things
>Grandma Dramoka
>>
>>50237979
>Slobad rube goldberg machine with a bit of myr tribal and blowing up the world
>Newzuri ETB value dudes
>Gonti stealing/big mana black
>>
>>50237979
>Volrath-votron-tron
>Rafiq the Ninja
>Silumgar the Bane of Prossh
>>
>>50236184
Just use the Planechase simulator and save $150. Works for me.

http://humpheh.com/magic/p/
>>
>>50238329
Does it have the 2012 Planes?
>>
>>50237979
>Ghave doing Ghave stuff
>Slobad graveyard recursion/general MacGyver shit
>Melek's Giant Fireballs
>>
File: 1472373318256.png (376KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1472373318256.png
376KB, 375x523px
>>50237979
>Pic related
>Krenko's Goblin Fuckfest
>Selvala Enchantments and ramp
>>
>>50237979
>Zedruu "I swear I'm not giving you harmful thing"
>Hitdetsugu time to double my damage
>Child of ETERNAL SUFFERING OF BOARDWIPES
>>
>>50237979
>Azami Wizard Tribal
>Azusa Lands.dec
>Trostani Tall and Wide
>>
>>50237842
You realize he will just steal the homeward path right?
>>
>>50237818
This time it's preference really, I picked up atraxa, breya and the greeks because they all support themes I'm interested in.

Tho everyone and their mother is hyped about atraxa, but can you blame them? She is awesome.
>>
>>50238629
He can't steal everyone's homeward paths.
>>
>>50237418
Slobad

Sac all the shit he tries to steal and then drop a Scrap Mastery on his ass
>>
>>50234661
Partner just needs some more love to be a little bit better, hopefully they do make another lot with what they've learnt. Also partner commanders with Experience counters would never happen but would be cool.
>>
>>50233242
CMC of a spell with X in the cost is X plus whatever colored mana is required. Villainous Wealth would have a cmc of X+3 on the stack
>>
>>50235097
The furry plague sounds like my kind of deck. Do you have a list?
>>
>>50237979
>Omnath, Locus of "why can't I hold all this" Mana
>Zedruu enchantment pillowfort/chaos
>Ezuri elfball (currently a budget version)
>>
>>50232700
Let him watch something else for a change?
>>
>>50234760
I just don't understand how Akiri is consistently getting that big. I mean it's not like affinity is a thing in commander. I'd imagine it'd be even harder to build her up in duels since the game's go much faster, and Akiri didn't grow nearly as big as karlov or do as much damage at once as rafiq or whatever. The cranial plating comparison makes me like her more than her initial reading in the same way Breya compared to jitte makes her more appealing but I just don't see artifacts building fast enough consistently. Like I said, affinity isn't really a strategy that works in commander after all. How do you do Akiri so that she grows big enough fast enough? I could see maybe a deck with as much 0 and 1 drop stuff with an ANT plan A and Akiri voltron for plan B, maybe.
>>
>>50239059
Not yet. I had a normal Zedru turtle, but that got boring to play. So I'm changing it up.
>>
>>50239304
When you do could you post it? I would love to get some ideas.
>>
So is there any chance of this format getting made official and given a more comprehensive banlist? I enjoy building competent decks, but when the most competent decks are streamlined and consistent combo decks, the format just honestly has no appeal to me. Powerful tutor effects like Demonic Tutor, Tooth and Nail need to go, as do cards like Deadeye Navigator and Consecrated Sphinx that just win the game if left unchecked for a turn.

You can argue "just houserule them" or whatever, but what would honestly be the harm in having them on an official ban list? Casual players don't even care about the ban list in the first place, so you may as well use it to regulate the format properly.
>>
File: 20161114_174629.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161114_174629.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Newfag here, are these useful?
>>
>>50239423
useful in what sense
>>
>>50238694
unfortunately, homeward path doesn't return noncreature permanents to their owner. He can just start by taking all the lands.
>>
>>50239423
Yes
>>
>Bought Breya deck
>Opened it up
>Breya and Silas Renn foils are damaged.
>Now worried that other cards may be damaged.

Why Wizards, Why?
>>
>>50239423
They're good starting points. They include a lot of staples like Command Tower and Sol Ring.
>>
I want to make a Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot deck with Silas Renn and ???

Ninjutsu for incremental advantage and theme, Pirates (Rogues, really) to loot and dump Zombies to the yard, Robots to smoothen the creases.

Any suggestions?
>>
Is Cruel Entertainment as fun and hilarious in practice as it seems in theory?
>>
File: 78.jpg (58KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
78.jpg
58KB, 336x469px
>>50236123

NOBODY DOUBLE CROSSES THE MONARCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiYtdnsdt1o
>>
>>50239863
targeting 2 other people is a good way to get them to both target you with each others' turn.

targeting yourself and another player is less exciting, but usually better if you can make sure they die before it becomes your turn again.
>>
>>50239863

if you have the greatest pillowfort ever made so they can't team up and kill you with each other's turns, then yes
>>
>>50239837

Kraum maybe?
>>
>>50237979
Nekusar combo/control
Omnath of rage elemental tribal/chandra+nissa simulator
Kalemne boros midrange/control
My new baby is a breya decklist that im currently fucking with. I need to get tutors, fetches and another yawgs will/snappy but its definately a fun deck
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-11-16-saskia-tokens/

How did I do? I'm not sure if I want to put any of the maybe boards in, since I'm not sure what to remove
>>
>>50239901
Unless you're behind and playing board politics.
>>
>>50237979
>Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind (lots o draw)
>Sigarda, Heron's Grace (hateful humans and combos)
>Treva, the Renewer (All permanents Enchantress w/ Primal Surge)
>>
>>50240109
How many creature-boosting artifacts/enchantments would be too many?
>>
>>50240468
I have mostly focused on token production and overwhelming in rith, but I don't think I will be able to provide as much consistently.

It's the first draft, after some playtesting I'll fine tune it some more
>>
>>50239755
You could always get a refund.
>>
>>50237979

>Gisa Presents "The Walking Dead"
> Fun Police Numot filled with taxes, defenses, and all the board wipes you can "enjoy"
>R/G Worts Terrible Tappin' Tokens.
>>
So I really dislike attacking. I'd rather just have spells and abilities that effect my opponents. Is Grouphug actually fun?
>>
>>50237979
>Brion's Slam Dunk Jam
>Daxos "I scale the hardest late game" the Return
>Titania the Aggro Bitch
>>
>>50241059
If you don't just play kingmaker or draw out the game unnecessarily long for no reason, it can be.
>>
If I use my Dredge on my Life from the Loam, and it somehow manages to mill an OG Eldrazi Titan on it, does LftL get shuffled back to my library, or does it return to my hand first then my graveyard gets shuffled back?
>>
File: kill everyone.png (236KB, 437x294px) Image search: [Google]
kill everyone.png
236KB, 437x294px
Fuck me /tg/. This set makes me want to build SEVEN decks that I will probably take apart after a week.
>Breya Artifacts with flicker effects
>Gay Kings with "Punisher" effects like Reflect Damage
>Gay Kings Enchantress
>Ishai + Reyhan Counters
>Akiri + Bruce Equipment/Artistax
>Thrasios + Kydele Simicstuff
>Tymna + Sidar Kondo Hatebears

Which of these sound like a remotely good idea that I should actually pursue?
>>
>>50241059

It might be fun for you, also you could just make a creatureless or near creatureless deck, there are so many to choose from, lots of creatures don't attack but are fun to play, examples: argothian enchantress, Hushwing gryff, Stoneshaker shaman
>>
Anyone got a decent Slobad list I could take a look at?
>>
File: yes.png (148KB, 365x373px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
148KB, 365x373px
>give Yidris Doublestrike
>cast Treasure Cruise for U
>cascade into FoF and Steam Augury

who else /bestgeneral/ here
>>
>>50241691
>letting you hit with yidris

its their fault
>>
How's Geth as a commander? Any secret tech for him other than mono-black goodstuff?
>>
>>50241753
He has trample and in this case double strike. Not a whole hell of a lot to do about it.
>>
>>50237979
Damia, sage of stone control
Kresh the bloodbraided murder everything and scalp the corpses
Breya, etherium shaper - Oh god so many thopters
>>
>>50241775
other than use one of the hundreds of removal spells available? Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>50241775
>not having 10 points of toughness at any given time
get a load of this pleb
>>
>>50237979
Breya, etherium shaper - o god so many thopters! Oh god, they are so big!
Kresh the bloodbraided - why, yes, i just flash evoked a cloudthresher and now you are dead
Damia, sage of stone. Ramp, cast cheap kill spells, cast damia, rinse and repeat
>>
>>50241807
>Spot removal
>In commander
LOL!
>>
>>50241807
"Not a whole lot" isn't the same as "nothing", and assuming Yidris will always be the biggest Manet for removal is pretty fallacious.
>>
>>50241863
Well fuck, guess I wasn't clear enough.

I was implying that there is a whole shitload of ways to deal with him.

>>50241846
Fortunately you have a full turn to answer it, so casting a Damnation or DoJ works just as well, while also clearing anything else you might not want around.

Or you can just play a Maze of Ith and laugh at him.
>>
File: fuckingyes.png (439KB, 879x837px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingyes.png
439KB, 879x837px
All you fuckers shut up about what they should have or could have done. They didn't.

And for U, I drew TEN
FUCKING
CARDS
>>
>>50241691
>playing precon out of the box
>have yidris, Kyjelly, waste not, and Nath out
>yidris makes contact
>TIME FOR AN OGRELOAD
>cast windfall cascading into wheel of fate
>use ton of black mana from waste not to cast guilt feeder
>cascade into past in flames
>burn through most of my mana, tap kyjelly for like 20 mana and dump the rest of my hand
>cascade through half my fucking deck
>end turn with 70% of my deck in play, exiled, or in GY
>about 25 2/2 zombies and 40 1/1 elves from wheeling 5 or 6 times
>(Why does the deck have so many wheels?)
>nobody can believe this deck is 100% stock list

Wew lad that was a fun night.
>>
>Playgroups that let Yidris go off

You guys have some shitty friends

But then again this is /tg/ so its to be expected.
>>
>>50242115
y-you too
>>
>>50239901
>targeting 2 other people is a good way to get them to both target you with each others' turn.
or get them to fuck over each other
i was playing breya and the dude i swapped with just sacrificed my entire boardstate and shot me
it was so fun though, i was laughing my ass off the whole time
>>
>>50239423
atraxa is great as is and can be built/upgraded into anything. breya is cool but if your new i would honestly break it down and build other stuff because its got a lot of goodies for pretty much any artifact deck you would ever want to build
>>
>>50241765
Life's Finale is a must.

Also I enjoy Bubbling Muck especially if you're running yawgwill and/or Xiahou Dun
>>
So, I recently got the new commander decks and decided to slap some planeswalkers in because I think they're neat
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/leave-my-planeswalkers-alone/

Now, I played this against one of my friends and he said it was unfun and op. He's an idiot. and he gets triggered by planeswalkers for some reason. So, my question is how can I make this deck really really annoying?
>>
>>50239837
Sidar, flying ninja zombie robots featuring Edric.
>>
>>50242318
thats not even bad, i was expecting an atraxa super friends with like 400 dollars worth of spark in it
>>
>>50242344
I know. But an expectation has been created that this deck become op and unfun to play against. How do I live up to that expectation?
>>
When concerning +1/+1 counters, which is better for a trample enabler?

Crowned Ceratok or Tuskguard Captain
>>
>>50242318
>He's an idiot. and he gets triggered by planeswalkers for some reason.
You just described every oldfag who has ever played a game where their opponent plays a planeswalker.
>>
>>50242541
What planeswalkers should I add to the deck so I can get more of this reacton?
>>
>>50230678
I acknowledge that yidris is best as a a storm brewer, but you seem to be forgetting that bulding that way is just not, for lack of a better term, Fun
>>
>>50242598
You already have the most obnoxious ones. Saheeli Rai + Liquimetal Coating?
>>
>>50242598
All the other Jaces.
>>
>>50242598
Skimming through a list of all walkers, Sorin Markov's -3 looks especially butthurt inducing
>>
>>50242736
I do have the mind sculptor but he's in a mill deck. I guess I can move him.
>>
>>50234152
BW Anything that isn't evil jewish banker sterotypes (fuck Orzhov)

RG Elves

UG Selkie/Merfolk

WR Dwarfs

UB Riptide and other ill advised and ethically questionable wizards
>>
>>50242598
since you're in red, bonus points for >>50242752 + hidegetsu's second rite
>>
>>50227686
Go all out with the mana increasing artifacts. Throw in Extraplanar Lens seeing as you are already playing with Snow-Covered Islands. Add Gate to the Aether if you want a show and tell artifact. I'd add Show and Tell, too.
>>
>>50242782
Neat, I like this idea
>>
So which of the new commander decks are best to break down for parts?
>>
>>50242823
Atraxa's has the 2 most expensive cards in the set (Atraxa herself and deepglow skate) and technically has the most expensive contents on paper, at least according to this article:
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/commander-2016-reprints-and-ranking-the-decks
>>
>>50242823
breya and gay bros got broken down instantly, didnt even play them. yidris and atraxa are going to be upgraded over time. i have not even opened the other one, kinda regret buying it
>>
>>50237979
>Edric, Spymaster of Turns
>Patron of the Moon Bluemageddon
>Smackdos, Lord of Your Face
>>
Who parties harder, Rakdos or Xenagos? If they partied together would there be any survivors?
>>
I'm having WAY more fun with Yidris out of the box than I expected. This deck has the potential for REALLY explosive turns. 6 wheels (including one that you can cascade into with any spell), Kydele, Past in Flames, and Waste Not are the real deal. Cruel Entertainment and Boompile are great for the cheese factor.

I very nearly didn't buy one of these because of how much I hated playing Ezuri (stock and upgraded), but I've had a great time so far. Looking forward to the upgrading process.
>>
>>50237979
>Sidisi dredge combo
>Mazirek voltron reanimation
>Merieke prison control
>>
>>50243097
How could anyone hate tribal snakes starring Kaseto?
>>
File: 50malick.gif (2MB, 310x175px) Image search: [Google]
50malick.gif
2MB, 310x175px
>>50241933
Whaaaat the fuck

Well I'm buying Yidris now. I do worry that he'll just fuck around and do nothing for 99% of the game, or I'll get blown off the table at laser speed because I have a tendency to pull bullshit wins out of nowhere.

>making 60 Saprolings with Ghave
>they all have haste from lolchaos Norin player having Mass Hysteria out
>>
>>50243180
Concordant Crossroads!
>>
>>50243173
i hate it because snake tribal is shit
>>
>>50241933
>no Sangromancer in play to gain 60+ life
0/10

seriously though the stock Yidris list is a ton of fun
>>
>>50243180
The pre-con is nuts. In the games you get burgeoning out early, you're cascading on like turn 3.
>>
>>50243173
Because Damia is the best snake tribal commander. I couldn't imagine a snake tribal deck without Serpent Assassin
>>
Anyone got some ideas for a myr deck? I love the little buggers but I'm awful at deckbuilding
>>
>>50241933
thats fucking hilarious
>>
>>50243317
Interesting, I like the flavour of the gorgon and a bunch of snakes.
>>
>>50243345
my buddy had a myr deck that basically did nothing but produce mana and drop down THICC colorless creatures. probably not really something that can be done in EDH but its an idea
>>
>>50243667
You just decribed like 90% of colorless edh decks. Produce big mana, drop big fatties.
>>
>>50229658
I'm personally trying to go for a more value-orientated, spell slinger deck. I'm quite enamored with the idea of playing mostly noncreature spells, but I'm actively trying to avoid storm combo because I'm sure my playgroup is going to really look down on it after I play it once or twice. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be nice.
>>
>>50243719
ya but he is talking about myr tribal
>>
>>50243345
Jor Kadeen Myr Aggro
>>
>tfw Edric is so perfect there's nothing to add from Com2016

is there?
>>
>>50243816
The flying snek that makes snek tokens seems like it would be good.
>>
File: Cardfu.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Cardfu.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50234890
Here you go senpai
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jeska-mono-red-shenanigans/
>>
>>50242506
Easily Tuskguard Captain. I wouldn't play this at all and and just use Craterhoof and the lieutenant baloth but if you want to use it, being able to grow him as a mana sink is useful utility. Its a lot better with Abzan Falconer since becoming a big flyet is probably better than a big trampler but the point is Outlast is kind of lame but it is a mana sink that does something which Crowned Creator doesn't have.
>>
>>50243816
Kydele maybe? Although spending 4+ mana on anything that doesn't say "take an extra turn" in Edric is iffy
>>
Been looking at the Commander 2016 decks against themselves in a vacuum for casual kitchen table play.

Atraxa looks a bit too strong right out of the gate. Tuning the others up to match her will be a bit of a challenge.
>>
File: catchingECK.webm (1MB, 325x183px) Image search: [Google]
catchingECK.webm
1MB, 325x183px
Got my Atraxa rough draft on tappedout. Gonna do more editing as I get stuff.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-madness-1/
>>
>>50243992

Wtf? Not ringing any bells
>>
Mizzix in the 99 of Yidris, Y/N?
>>
>>50243773
Threw something together, gonna test a few games and get back to you. Any specific artifacts you would recommend? I've probably missed some very good ones
>>
>>50244381
judgement call based on the amount of instant/sorcs you run.
>>
>>50244381

I don't really like it, because exp counters seems weak unless you have a ways to recur the exp legend, and if you're running a bunch of reanimation stuff, then you probably have a decently high creature count, which means Mizzix isn't that amazing in the first place, just too much going on

It could be good but I imagine you'd get better mileage from a simple goblin electromancer if your deck is mostly instants and sorceries
>>
>>50244421
The nice thing about Jor is that he basically just enables your entire strategy himself, there's not a lot to recommend outside of usual artifact stuff, rocks to speed out some myr then throw down Jor and go to town. Obelisk of Urd maybe, Skullclamp if you don't have it, Akroma's Memorial is slow but can help push through damage if you're desperate. Not an artifact, but Tempered Steel is a very efficiently costed anthem too. Dispatch is also something I don't see often enough in artifact heavy white decks, at least not in my playgroup, usually a straight up better Swords/Path.
>>
Going to pick this up tomorrow at the post office.
Any good cards that i should add.
Should i add master transmuter already have a copy. Not sure it will stay long on the board
>>
>>50244421
sunforger
myr battlesphere
myr turbine
mycosynth golem
boros keyrune
hellkite igniter
thopter engineer
goblin welder
wurmcoil engine
tempered steel

jor is an amazing commander, godspeed young artificer
>>
>>50244597
dispatch has never tapped a creature in my 5 years of piloting Jor
>>
>>50245044

I'm worried about master transmuter as well, but I also figure, people using targeted removal on it is not so bad in terms of card of advantage. Because you may have recursion to get it back. If you get one use out of it that's pretty strong, and if it eats a removal, that's one less removal for your other artifacts

I do think 4 drop is kinda slow because a board wipe may be about to hit

It's definitely good with lightning greaves, but that can be responded to with removal
>>
File: Zur's Weirding_8E.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Zur's Weirding_8E.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
I've got a story for you guys.

>piloting my "1984- big brother" deck, nebuchadnezzar at the helm
>playing against shu yun, azami, kruphix,and the new sashika precon (soldier lady )
>I drop pic related
I shit you not, this card literally fucked the table to hell.
>all players look stunned it revolved, we all reveal hands. No answers to the enchantment in any hands. I already have silent arbiter on the field, as well as the rack.
>shu yun grins, proceeds to take revenge on azami from earlier by fucking any draws she tries to make.
>the table is paying life left and right to stop each other from getting good cards
>all except me
>whenever I draw something, it's like psychic surgery , nobody pays life.
>I get a bigger and bigger board state, only paying life to stop draws that directly fuck me.
>shu yun literally kills himself fucking azami
>sashika scoops claiming he can't deal with the board
>azami scoops from frustration
>kruphix draws entire library, while I pay 2 life for each card that can deal with me, including lab man.
>through some loop hole, he doesn't lose due to drawing nothing out of his library.
>he is stuck there with no way to damage me and no answers in hand to deal with me.
>he scoops

And that's the story how one card forced 4 people to scoop in some way
>>
I'm just going to rant about group hug for a little bit.

Listen, dude, there is no spirit of the format. When you sit down and play a game that has winners and losers, it's understood that everyone is trying to win. When you have invented your own goals in your head and don't care at all about actually winning, you mess up how games work.

Don't be angry when you've given me extra cards with Temple Bell and then cast Collective Voyage for 9 and then I untap and am able to kill the table. I wouldn't have been able to do that if you hadn't given me extra shit to work with.

Don't get pissy if I play Hall of Gemstone or destroy a land or counter a spell. I'm playing legal cards and it's not my responsibility to adhere to whatever messed up idea about the game that you have.

When you make a group hug deck and you just give everyone a bunch of shit, you've turned it into a 3-player planechase game. Don't be surprised when you get targeted and die. You don't get a pass because you gave me extra cards with Howling Mine. You gave those cards to everyone.

I'm not an idiot. I can see you sitting there trying to sculpt a winning hand, thinking that we're going to battle it out and swoop in at the last minute and snatch a victory (if you're the rare group hug player that actually has a wincon in their deck).

And if you're the kind of player who always replies to shit like this with "WELL MY GROUP HUG DECK IS ACTUALLY DIFFERENT". No it's not and you're still the type of player I'm talking about.

Stop playing whatever game you've invented in your head. Make a real fucking deck and play Magic.

Thank you.
>>
>>50245677
yep, things don't go as planned when people have removal/counterspells. quite the revelation
>>
This is what I threw together for that Myr deck, tested it in two games, currently 1/1.

Better than I expected honestly, tips and suggestions always welcome

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-11-16-myr-aggro/
>>
>>50246054
how does a group hug deck usually win?
>>
>>50246054
No fuck you throws are cheap stop fucking doing them over and over
>>
>>50246167
Usually they don't. They usually play kingmaker and actively try for second place. Some just try to make the game take as long as possible. Their idea of fun is a 4-hour game that no one can win.

The RARE group hug deck has a Laboratory Maniac or something that can actually win them a game.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.