[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would humanity be stupid enough to lead a war against technologically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 15

File: Planet.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Planet.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Would humanity be stupid enough to lead a war against technologically superior aliens?
>>
>>50226273
>Would humanity be stupid enough
The answer is always yes.
>>
>>50226273
Yes, we are indeed that stupid.
>>
>>50226273
Obviously we'd use the power of the HUMAN SPIRIT and "Breathes rocket fuel!?!?" to turn their technology against them and win, allowing us to take the survivors as sex slaves and use their technology to start our eternal empire that will spread to every system and every planet.
>>
>>50226273
Because the alternative is extinction? Are these superior aliens instigating, or is that what you mean by us "leading"?

Alternatively do you mean humans leading OTHER aliens to stop the superior aliens? Like in Mass Effect? In which case, what's stupid about unity and fighting for survival against an all-consuming adversary?
>>
>>50226302
>>50226273
I mean, I wish we weren't, but my fellow humans are downright retarded.
>>
>>50226273
Yep, and belligerent enough to win it.
>>
>>50226273
Stargate
Star Wars EU
Star Control

Many settings, really
>>
>>50226273

I suppose we'd have to define "technologically superior." That could mean "NASA but with Warp Drives" or "We build megastructures for kicks and create new intelligent species for our school science projects."
>>
>>50226273
is that Titan AE?
>>
Until they pull a hiroshima on ten capital cities and we surrender
>>
>>50226273
yes
>>
>>50226273

How the hell was Humanity unable to stop a single planet-cracker when they were able to build a literal planet-creator.
>>
>>50226354
Yep.
>>
>>50226273
Humanity is stupid enough to lead a war against technologically superior humans, so sure, aliens, definitely as well.
>>
>>50226273
>Would humanity be stupid enough

We are always stupid enough. Always.
>>
Yes

/thread
>>
>>50226423

And how come they didn't figure out how to do the energy-thingy when it was attacking Earth, which would have both destroyed Earth, the Drej, and made humanity a new Earth right where the old one was?

I guess because it would have been a much shorter movie.
>>
>>50226536
>Humanity is stupid enough to lead a war against technologically superior humans
So much this.
>>
>>50226273
If the alternative is assured extinction, then the best choice is to war and hopefully have a nonzero chance of extinction.
The better choice is throw RKVs at them and write off their potentially habitable world's as collateral damage.
The best choice is to do whatever has the least chance of species extinction.

>>50226305
>being this buttblasted
Don't you have a bull to prep?
>>
>>50226273
Yes.

Technological superiority is not a guarantee of victory. It helps a whoooole lot, but it's very far from a guarantee.

Hell, the only reason the Spanish conquered the Aztecs is because they had over a hundred times their number in Mesoamerican allies and Cortez was a fucking beast at fighting and TACTICAL GENIUS (by the Aztecs own accounts no less).
>>
File: 1430189445266.png (736KB, 999x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1430189445266.png
736KB, 999x1017px
>>50226273
Let's just say it's happened before.
>>
File: 1392410271685.png (20KB, 894x674px) Image search: [Google]
1392410271685.png
20KB, 894x674px
I would like to have sex with technologically advanced aliens.
>>
>>50226273
>Humanity
>stupidity
The unholy spawn of a dorito and a mop was elected president. 'nuff said.
>>
>>50226273

The problem is that, because we are not a unified planet, we only need a few crazy assholes that say 'yes' to get the rest of us involved.

If Russia (for example) fires a bunch of nukes at an alien ship, we should only be so lucky that the aliens understand that the rest of the planet was not on board with that plan. Because most of their weapons that are capable of wiping Russia off the face of the planet would kill all of the rest of us too as collateral damage.

And if we thought we were under attack first, we would probably retaliate with force 'before its too late'. Which can be a disaster in its own right, because there are a lot of ways for a technologically superior alien race to end up killing a bunch of us entirely on accident. We can't presume their environment is anything like ours, we can't presume their senses are anything like ours. Peaceful alien scientists set up a basic communication device to beam 'perfectly harmless' microwaves at us to say hello, and we fall over screaming in pain under the force of their devastating 'heat gun'. All because they are more advanced than us doesn't mean they won't make mistakes too.
>>
>>50226273
Eleven thousand people voted write-in for Harambe last Tuesday.
>>
>>50226273
You can't tell me what to do.
>>
File: IMG_1689.jpg (22KB, 252x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1689.jpg
22KB, 252x240px
>>50226806
CTR shill detected
>>
>>50226806
How dare you speak about your God-Emperor that way.
>>
>>50226273
How superior? Do they attack first? Are they aggressive?

Because that drastically changes things. If you answered Yes to the second or third question, humanity is sure as fuck going to try to fight them if the alternative is (perceived) human extinction/subjugation.
>>
We would use the power of meme magic to consume the alien fleet in a warp storm.
>>
>>50226806
>Americans
>human
>>
>>50227080

The aliens, using a faster than light galactic stellarnet, prove to have superior meme based technology.

To use, meme magic is something wild and difficult to control.

To them, Memetological science is the sort of thing children are taught about in school. Any alien engineer can make a meme-powered image display that always has the right image macro for any occasion, with only a margin of error of 0.9%.

Their memes are, in fact, so dank that it distorts the fabric of spacetime. Its how they achieve FTL travel. They have industrial grade memes that, without proper protective gear, would kill you stone dead if you were exposed to them.

Do not meme at aliens, they will meme back.
>>
>>50226273
I feel it depends on how obviously superior they are. I feel we could easily be tricked into thinking we would have a chance in such a war, by them.

If they made no such effort of trickery, and their superiority was quite blatant, we might attempt it only if it was our only chance of survival.
>>
File: aQ8W7Pe.jpg (32KB, 399x443px)
aQ8W7Pe.jpg
32KB, 399x443px
>>50226806
Mad libcuck is mad.
>>
>>50227155
Question.

Is psychohistory from foundation essentially a refined and implemented form of meme magic?
Wizardry unto the wild Magics of yore?
>>
>>50227166

The united states and other global powers already have some plans for how to deal with aliens, and what little we know of them points to "we are fucking terrified of aliens".

Basically, we know how shit usually goes down when a technologically advanced civilization meets an inferior culture. It never ends well for the little guys.

I don't think we could be easily convinced that we 'have a chance'. But we MIGHT be convinced that 'if we can destroy this ONE SHIP before it leaves, the rest of them will never hear we exist. This is our chance to stop columbus from reporting the existence of America. We are the Indians in this example.'
>>
>>50227282

No. "Meme magic" is a stupid idea that if you can get enough people to believe something is true, reality will comply.

Psychohistoy is just advanced supermath that can be used to predict the future of civilizations, whether or not they belive int he results. Indeed, the civilization knowing psychohistory is in play is the biggest threat to the accuracy of psychohistory, because they then presume that a guiding hand will catch them if they fall and that throws off assumptions.
>>
>>50227308
>No. "Meme magic" is a stupid idea that if you can get enough people to believe something is true, reality will comply.
>implying consensus reality isn't the true nature of creation
HACKING THE ZEITGEIST
WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
File: 1478989109044.jpg (248KB, 1158x1627px)
1478989109044.jpg
248KB, 1158x1627px
>>50226980
Your shitty false Emperor is no match for true Emperor Tomaru.
>>
>>50226273
I did, in my first game of Stellaris. I didn't know that "fallen empires" were a thing, so I ignored them when they told me to abandon a world I had just colonized. They spent a few turn completely kicking my ass. I was frantic trying to find a way to sue for peace, but they wouldn't listen.
>>
>>50227322
>you can see them getting more inbred
Jesus
>>
>>50226273
I liked the last angel's take on it, even if I wasn't super interested in the story itself.

Basically a fledgling civilization is warned of the coming of a colonialist empire and they fight tooth and nail once they get their shit together, turn their moon into a debris catapult.
>>
>>50226806
It must've taken you two whole hours to come up with that scathing and witty comment.
>>
>>50226273

Are they down to fuck?
>>
>>50227330
>not intentionally making them wardec, tricking them into focusing most of their fleets somewhere else, and focusing the entirety of your navy on blowing up one of their smaller picket fleets before they can respond
>not reverse engineering the debris after conceding to their demands, researching the top tier of top tier tech in early midgame, and becoming a galactic hegemonic superpower while everyone else is still shitting around with tier 2-3 weaponry
>>
>>50226273
Humanity was stupid enough to lead a war against technologically superior humans, repeatedly.
>>
>>50227399
did you not see:
>first game
>>
>>50227308
>>50227313
Yeah, it's basically a pleb version of Mage: The Ascension's consensus reality.
>>
>>50227142
>Non-American
>Anything worth saying
Did you hear a zipper?
>>
File: 1464790649312.jpg (868KB, 1500x1972px) Image search: [Google]
1464790649312.jpg
868KB, 1500x1972px
>>50226806
Wanna know how I know you got stumped?
>>
>>50227508
c'mon, let's be honest.
Even the people who support him don't think he's good, they just wanted to spite the Bill-Hill.
>>
>>50227433
>being bad
>ever
Git Gud
>>
File: 1469859011946.jpg (199KB, 436x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469859011946.jpg
199KB, 436x600px
>>50227468
>a pleb version
Last I checked, M:TA doesn't worship an Egyptian Chaos God

>>50227534
No, I think he's pretty good. I am genuinely happy that he won, more than I'm happy that Hilldawg lost.
BUILD
THE
WALL
>>
>>50227547
>No, I think he's pretty good. I am genuinely happy that he won, more than I'm happy that Hilldawg lost.
I'm wondering how you could possibly think that, but I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, and well aware that the internet is a pretty shitty place for any productive discussion on something like this. Let us both hope.
>>
>>50227534
I think he'll do more good than bad. Of course, my definition of good might be different than yours, which is why we're different people who should respect each other's opinions.
>>
>>50226845
That's not true. In order for write-in candidates to be counted, they have to register as a write-in candidate. Otherwise, their votes are counted as "other".

So we have no idea how many people wrote-in Harambe.

http://www.snopes.com/harambe-15000-votes/
>>
>>50227587
>strong national borders
>anti immigration
>anti "le free trade"
>as a businessman, knows how important it is to surround himself with intelligent advisors
>ego is mostly an act
He's pretty good
>>
>>50226273
only if we had a guarantee way to fuck them over if we lose. think the Russians burning their own fields out of spite, on an interplanetary level.
>>
>>50227920
> as a businessman, knows how important it is to surround himself with intelligent advisors

Because Rudy "lets put the emergency command center in the number one terrorist target" Giuliani is clearly one of the best.
>>
>>50226806
>Trump
>going to fuck up america
I hope it'll happen, because it would be as fun to watch as the hillary supporters going autismo, except that now it would be everyone and the trump supporter's damage control would be hilarious. If he manages to fix america, then maybe murica can get it's fingers out of it's ass and finally start acting like a responsible country with it's level of power. If he fucks it up, then sure, I'll make fun of the neo-Greece
Then again, the american president has pretty much no power so I doubt it. Even Flamby has probably more power than him
>>
>>50227957
> all this shitlib tears
Delicious. I hope you faggots never get over this, so that every time Trump fixes one of king nigger's fuckups I can feed on your butthurt.
>>
>>50227920

>good advisors
>Newt fucking Gingrich

I'm sorry, I agree on your other points but his cabinet is fucking awful.
>>
>>50228207
>Gingrich is great, he supports a moon base.
I don't know the guy and don't care, but anyone who supports anything closely related to space conquest in this day and age is a total retard.
There's a reason why the NASA is constantly cutting funds you know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ryd_p20XEU
>>
>>50228360
>I don't know the guy and don't care, but anyone who supports anything closely related to space conquest in this day and age is a total retard.
W E W

>There's a reason why the NASA is constantly cutting funds you know
No, they're having their funds cut because congress is fucking retarded.
>>
>>50227957
He managed to bring law and order back to fucking New York City. In the 80s it was basically a warzone, and he turned it around so that even cucks like you can live without having to constantly worry about a nigger kicking down your door and murdering you. He's exactly what America needs right now.
>>
>>50226273
If aliens were advanced enough to come to Earth, the answer is no, we would be less able to lead a war on them than a single ant could lead a war on mankind.
>>
>>50228433
>They don't give a fuck about strengthening the nation
they shouldn't
>>50228426
This comes from a guy that spend I year and a half studying space conquest, from the very beginning to today
I want to strangle all the autists that believe in things like "we'll colonize mars soon !" or that we're on the brink of a space age
Basically, if you don't know it, but simply put, in order to reach the moon and during the space race, the amount of funds was way too high and was only pushed because of the amerifat's dick contest with the slavs (who litterally had their first modules build of scrap and were in the lead for a long time). Doing the same kind of thing nowadays with way more issues would cause a fuckton of problems for murica. Why do I care ? Because even if I don't care about burgerland, I care about space conquest, and it dying off because of huge issues, it would scare potential investors (including the state)and would be dalayed even further. Think long term, don't be idiots and you'll see that everything will work out in the end
>>
>>50228643
> they shouldn't
Every American should. Those who don't are traitors and should be treated as such. No nation can afford to allow people to sabotage them, nor should any nation tolerate such behavior. The job of the US government is to promote the interests of the US. If NASA isn't doing that, then they should be replaced by someone who will.
>>
>>50228643
>We just gotta wait a liiiiiitle longer guys ;^)
Fuck off, you don't get anywhere if you never take the first steps.
>>
>>50227920
Those are all things I would expect to fuck everything up (except for the ego part which seems like a blatant lie)
but hey, maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>50228806
Considering how weak borders, immigration, and free trade are responsible for fucking everything up in the first place, being anti-them is a good idea.
>>
>>50227920
>those things
>good ideas
>within a modern global trade network

Jesus Christ, you cucks know that the reason the global elite do those things is because they have the optimal efficiency within the current system figured out right? Turning away from them because you are too stupid/unlucky to grab Globalism by the pussy and take what you want from it isn't going to make your life better, any more than a child throwing a temper tantrum about his bedtime can magically make the sun not set.

Also good luck bringing "Blue collar jobs" back unless you invent some way for all the unemployed in the rust belt to transform into robots or 3D printers. Because with tech going where it is why the fuck would any factory owner hire 200 Joes and pay them salary and benefits when he can just make a one time purchase of an automated manufacturing setup, plug it in and have it work 24/7 while only having to hire a handful of millennials with Masters Degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Comp Sci to program/maintain the tings.
>>
>>50228952
>Trust me prole, the global elite have your best interests at heart!
>wait no don't turn back to nationalism you racist sexist shitlords!
>how dare you try to stop and reverse our brave new world instead of running blindly into the progressive future!
Wew
>>
>>50228932
I'm unconvinced that they're fucked up in the first place, and unconvinced that changing how they are will improve things.
Free trade, in particular, seems like it will be a real pain to see go. Tariffs increase prices, and those who can't afford it will be hardest hit by it. (...and those who stand most to benefit don't need it.)
America being a manufacturing powerhouse was driven by a strict set of conditions that don't really exist anymore; while we could, say, produce more T-shirts than Indonesia or China, we'd be far better off letting them handle what they can handle, and specializing in what they can't. Semiconductors, software, biotech, what have you.

But hey, I thought fairly-free market capitalism was supposed to be a good thing.
>>
File: 1413423649553.gif (474KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1413423649553.gif
474KB, 450x253px
>mildly interesting thread ruined by political shitposting
>>
>>50227547
It's a virtual wall based on money freezes and other non-physical things. There will be no concrete wall.
And Mexico won't pay for it.
>>
>>50228952
> while only having to hire a handful of millennials with Masters Degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Comp Sci to program/maintain the tings.
> implying millennials know fuck all about engineering or comp sci
All they know is how to bitch that their gravy train is coming to an end. Just look at Portland. Bunch of worthless numales acting like a bunch of nogs after a gangbanger gets offed for attacking a police officer.

> Also good luck bringing "Blue collar jobs" back unless you invent some way for all the unemployed in the rust belt to transform into robots or 3D printers
Fuck them. They knew what was happening and they chose to sit on their outdated skills. What does matter is that the illegals that have been allowed to blatantly violate our laws are finally going to get kicked out and our laws are actually going to be enforced again.
>>
>>50229053
It's not, free market capitalism is just as cancerous as communism.

>we'd be far better off letting them handle what they can handle, and specializing in what they can't. Semiconductors, software, biotech, what have you.
Too bad that there's nothing intrinsic about America that makes us better at those things, and those industries are already moving to Asia because of multinat corp bullshittery.

Adam Smith can go choke on it.
>>
>>50229078
There is going to be a wall (with the mountainous portions as a fence most likely); it will be big, beautiful, and ten feet higher than planned while being ahead of schedule and under budget.
China can do it.
Israel can do it.
American can do it.
>>
>>50226273
cowboys vs aliens
>>
>>50229062
Leftists destroy everything they touch.
>>
File: 1385003413176.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1385003413176.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>50229124
>I-It was all their fault!!!
>>
>>50229137
>first post that started the shitposting was >>50226806
They started it, senpai
>>
>>50229157
>but he started it
No post can get so many replies and spawn an argument so long unless another side is equally willing to spew shit everywhere.

Only you can you fight unrelated garbage posting on /tg/.
>>
>>50229086
>hurr hurr Millennials

Cute, another imbecile that doesn't know what a "millennial" is. Are you under 37 years old like the overwhelming majority of this site's userbase? Congrats! You're a millennial. If you are over that, why the fuck is a man whose almost 40 (or above) spending time on an image board created for anime fans? Shit's creepy Grandpa.
>>
>>50229090
>It's not, free market capitalism is just as cancerous as communism.
Hey, we've found a point of agreement.

>Too bad that there's nothing intrinsic about America that makes us better at those things, and those industries are already moving to Asia because of multinat corp bullshittery.

Actually, America is pretty wealthy. That means we can afford to educate people pretty well, and invest in things that require a lot of capital.

Semiconductors, for instance, require absurd amounts of capital investment, and very high levels of education and specialization. They also require this regularly, you can't just invest once and be done.
That means some place like Indonesia, with a lot of people, but not as much wealth to invest in educating them or capital, can't really compete.

Conversely, something like "making t-shirts" can be done without a lot of capital investment; sure, a little capital investment could see you making t-shirts a hundred times faster with a hundredth the people, but you can still do it with a massive investment of manpower and modest investment in capital. (a factory of works on looms vs an automated factory of electrical looms).
>>
>>50227976
His situation is rather precarious isn't it?
/pol/ isn't exactly the best ally when it comes to ruling the world
>>
>>50229198
>Actually, America is pretty wealthy. That means we can afford to educate people pretty well, and invest in things that require a lot of capital.
True, but that's not an intrinsic quality that is unique to America. Just as America became wealthy and educated, so too will other nations. Our advantage in those sectors will disappear unless we take steps to mitigate it, most importantly not being an almost entirely post-industrial society.

Additionally, free trade and international business means that other countries not being as wealthy and educated as us isn't that big of a deal; even if you're technically an American company, you can still ship educated workers and invest capital in those poorer countries.
>>
>>50229239
In January he'll have control over every branch of the federal government. Republicans have total control in half the states, and partial control in most of the remainder. The US is basically going to be a one-party state under Trump. He will have the entire apparatus of the federal government to crush anyone who tries to move against him. He doesn't need /pol/ anymore. The left is dead and buried in the US, and it won't be a meaningful force again for decades to come.
>>
>>50227976
>>50229239
Honestly, I voted for trump because of the following.

>Trump
>Totally fucks up
Everything burns and I can walk into anarchistic oblivion with a smile. +
>Does what he wants to do
America is now great again. +
>Gets cock blocked and is ineffectual
More of the status quo. -

>Hillary
>Totally fucks up
WW3 with Russia and I can walk into nuclear obilvion with a smile. +
>Does what she wants to do
This living nightmare intensifies to the point where I'd prefer modern day Sweden. -
>Gets cock blocked and is ineffectual
More of the status quo. -

As you can see, Trump is the better option.
>>
>>50226273
If they shoot first, is there anything else TO do?

>>50229275
While this is true the Republican party is kind of in a state of disarray. The Republican party is split pretty bad because Trump literally shit on everyone that was in power during the primaries alone, and a lot of the old money in there just straight quit.
One of the biggest risks he has right now is the fact that he burned his bridges so hard they might stonewall him like they did Obama.
>>
>>50229264
>True, but that's not an intrinsic quality that is unique to America. Just as America became wealthy and educated, so too will other nations. Our advantage in those sectors will disappear unless we take steps to mitigate it, most importantly not being an almost entirely post-industrial society.
Naturally, but change, death, and taxes are the only constants in life. Currently we have an advantage we could exploit, and it's certainly not like we're going to go back to having more manpower-intensive manufacturing with things like 3d printing and robotic factories already in service. There's pretty much no way we could go back to employing sizable percentages of the population in manufacturing. The times are a changin'.

>Additionally, free trade and international business means that other countries not being as wealthy and educated as us isn't that big of a deal; even if you're technically an American company, you can still ship educated workers and invest capital in those poorer countries.

This is certainly true, and can be abused. The end result tends to be cheaper goods though, which tends to help those who are worse off. If the prices at your grocery store fall by 10%, that will be nice if you're rich, but might be lifesaving if you're struggling.
>>
>>50229329
>One of the biggest risks he has right now is the fact that he burned his bridges so hard they might stonewall him like they did Obama.
I don't think the old money is THAT stupid. If they make amends and get back on the Trump train, they'll have total control over the country for the next 4 years.
>>
>>50229275
>He still believes Paul Ryan and the (R) Establishment won't just tell him "Do what we want or we impeach your ass and make our boy Pence the president"

You have no idea how fucked a President is when his own party controls the Legislature but has a low opinion of him do you?
>>
>>50229275
>The left is dead and buried in the US, and it won't be a meaningful force again for decades to come
*two to four years
>>
>>50229343
>and it's certainly not like we're going to go back to having more manpower-intensive manufacturing with things like 3d printing and robotic factories already in service. There's pretty much no way we could go back to employing sizable percentages of the population in manufacturing. The times are a changin'.
In all honesty, I don't care about the blue collar jobs, I just want manufacturing to come back to America.
Although it's certainly not going to happen under Trump, a strong and diversified economy is the stepping stone to transitioning to a limited citizen's wage. I have no doubt that the future of most jobs will be in service, but it's still good for America to not be entirely behold to other nations.
>>
>>50229381
>I just want manufacturing to come back to America.
Why?

Cause they're not going to.
>>
>>50229275
>>50229378

It's going to be interesting to see the type of media getting produced under a Trump America, because you and I both know the media has been doubling down on their hatred of this.
>>
>>50229275
uh-uh

How much of that apparatus is on his side? His VP publicly disagrees with him on foreign policy.

I just don't understand the hype with narrow victories bolstered by anti-establishment sentiment rather than anything concrete what is he going to do when congress digs its heels and blocks everything?

Obama had everything he has plus popular vote, international allies and goals that were far more moderate and how'd that go?
>>
>>50229329
Republican establishment types hated Reagan, right up until he won. Then they fell in line and acted like they loved him all along. It'll be the same for Trump, he is the new Ronald Reagan. Because at the end of the day, the one true American value is winning. Everything else is negotiable.
>>
>>50229405
>Why?
Because fuck China, it's utterly shameful that our entire post-industrial society is dependent on other nations, especially ones that aren't firmly in our pockets.
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with global trade if America is the absolute and undisputed global hegemon, but that is rapidly no longer the case.

>Cause they're not going to.
We'll see.
>>
>>50229381
Ooh, another point of agreement.
I think it might be a good idea, but I can't see it being any kind of industrial mass production.

3D-printing, rapid prototyping, one-off or small, varied series? I think that's the kind of thing an educated population with computers, CAD, and additive manufacturing might specialize in and do well, better yet, NEED, not just do for some illusion of self-sufficiency.

But I don't think Trump is particularly hopeful for that- though on the other hand, I admit to not liking him and having voted against him. Still, nothing could make me happier than being proven wrong.
>>
>>50229344
See >>50229357
He's not doing what the old money wants and is actually gone on record for fucking up their "Global corporate free trade" hula-baloo.
Also, the Republican side likes Israel and Trump basically super hates them. He wants the muslim's out of America or did, he deleted that stuff off his website, but he's not steamrolling the middle east for Isreal, he wants to hang them out to dry, fucking up Big Oils plan.
Getting on the "Trump Train" includes a few things that THEY actually hate.

To continue on topic: I mean, I suppose you could roll over like the Kongo and tell them to hurry up and spread their culture through the meh thing your sort of okay Empire, but they're going to treat you like shit the whole time.
>>
>>50229378
The third of the senate that is up for reelection in 2018 is very favorable for the GOP. It's a lot of democrats defending senate seats in normally red states that only got turned blue because they were riding on Obama's coattails in 2012. Aside from that, midterms have generally favored the GOP in recent years. They have unfettered control until at least 2020.
>>
>>50229062
>mildly interesting thread
>"hey guise do u think humans wud fight da aliens"
>interesting thread
>>
>>50229357
Ryan and his house reps all have to deal with a republican primary every two years. Their primary electorates are generally diehard Trump supporters. None of them are going to risk losing their job over an impeachment that their base is going to absolutely hate.
>>
>>50229442
>He's not doing what the old money wants and is actually gone on record
I mean, he's also gone on record for being remarkably untrustworthy and lying a lot. \_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>50229439
All of that is good, but the self-sufficiency is good as well. America is a fantastically rich country, and it's a shame to be bringing in anything other than other comparable products from other first world nations, as well as raw and refined resources.
>>
>>50229378
With control of the federal court system, they'll be able to pass laws to ensure that only their supporters will be able to vote and the courts won't oppose them anymore. That will ensure more permanent control even if the majority turns against them (technically, it already is against them, more people vote for democrats but US election rules are written to ensure that doesn't matter).
>>
>>50229467
>but the self-sufficiency is good as well.
It's god, but I think the opportunity cost is pretty high. Enough so that I don't think it's a net good.
>>
>>50229483
Only in the context of the global market, which I've already said that I don't care about. Even if the absolute gain from self-sufficiency is less than it would be from free trade, America would be at a relatively better position than competing nations.
>>
>>50229449
mid-terms have favored the opposition you mean

not that I'm expecting things to turn out the same but this chest thumping gets tiresome
>>
>>50229415
His anti-establishment positions are basically just grandstanding. He and the republicans in congress actually agree on most things. We're going to see huge tax cuts, big defense spending increases, deregulation of industry, etc. All of which are supported by both establishment republicans and Trump. The actual differences between the two are purely stylistic, Trump doesn't really have ideology so his policy positions are totally mercenary.
>>
>>50227547
HE'S
NOT
GONNA
>>
File: 1469860284828.png (732KB, 640x868px) Image search: [Google]
1469860284828.png
732KB, 640x868px
>>50229519
HAVE FAITH IN THE EMPEROR
PRAISE KEK
SHADILAY
>>
>>50229506
Not just the opposition, the groups that generally support republicans tend to have much higher turnout rates in midterms than those that support republicans. The democrats might get a bit of a boost for being the opposition, but that's unlikely to overcome the fact that their turnout is generally bad in midterms and the map in 2018 is just really awful for them in terms of which seats are up for reelection.
>>
>>50229481
Gerrymandering (where the fuck did that word even come from) and the supreme court are liable to be the biggest issues.

>>50229497
Can't say I agree.

On the other hand, President Elect Trump might put it to the test when he drops the Elect. Then we'll see.

My hypothesis is that tracing down what hurts you is easier than tracing down what benefits you; if the tariff thing really gets done, the effects will be noticeable and immediate, and people will vote in their self-interest next chance they get. In echo, the reason they voted against it was because it's hard to track down exactly what little bit is responsible for how much of your well-being.
>>
>>50229539
> where the fuck did that word even come from
A guy named Gerry who made a voting district that looked like a salamander.
>>
>>50229539
>(where the fuck did that word even come from)
A long time ago Governor Elbridge Gerry got creative with Massachusetts voting districts. The end result looked like a Salamander, so Gerrymander
>>
>>50229378
This,

The only reason he won was he flipped the Rust Belt's Blue Collar folk. These people aren't the loyalist /pol/&Brietbart crowd, they are old school union loving labor types. Deep economic Left. Their daddies probably tucked them in to bed at night while singing the Internationale before heading out work at the same factory their grandfathers worked at.

They went for Trump because they have all lost their jobs and Clinton was very Wall Street. But since even the Trump-fans here are agreeing that assembly line manufacturing is gone in the age of automation, its unlikely his promises will amount to anything. So since Trump doesn't have a time machine the factories and steel mills won't be open in 2018/2020. And all the Dems have to do is put forth a Sanders or a Warren and these guys will be back chanting "Workers of the World Unite!"
>>
>>50229539

> The word gerrymander (originally written Gerry-mander) was used for the first time in the Boston Gazette on 26 March 1812. The word was created in reaction to a redrawing of Massachusetts state senate election districts under Governor Elbridge Gerry. In 1812, Governor Gerry signed a bill that redistricted Massachusetts to benefit his Democratic-Republican Party. When mapped, one of the contorted districts in the Boston area was said to resemble the shape of a salamander.
>>
>>50229539
Gerrymandering inner-party is not easy. It's hard to work out where the Trump supporting Republicans end and the old-boy supporting Repubs begin.
The only practical way to gerrymander is when you try to cut a party out entirely by making sure that each district is 3/4ths not-that-party or better.
>>
>>50229519
GIB
ME
PROOFS
>>
File: 1479033647474.gif (4MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479033647474.gif
4MB, 400x400px
>>50229357
>believes house has any standing. Or Ryan has a pair of balls.

More like to be McConnell, but he won't be SML for much longer if Trump has anything to say about it.

The (D)s will filibuster until 2024 like the (R)s did and nothing will get done except for some executive orders which will get amended again.

As for OP's post, I think we can agree it has been well and completely resolved. Now let this thread be for shit posting until it slowly burns out and dies.
>>
>>50229564
Seems legit.

>>50229572
Alright, you two havin' a giggle m80s-

>>50229583
jesus christ in a jam jar

I need to go to sleep, this is too much for one night.
>>
File: PA 2012 house election.jpg (127KB, 590x261px) Image search: [Google]
PA 2012 house election.jpg
127KB, 590x261px
>>50229581
Even if they go back to voting for democrats, other democratic voters will be blocked from voting so there simply won't be enough for them to win an election anymore. The republicans can use their total control to pour concrete around their victory. The house of representatives is already an example of what you can do when you make the rules. People vote for democrats more, but republicans keep getting a bigger and bigger majority of the seats regardless of how the people vote.

For example, in this pic the majority voted for the democrats, but the republicans got a 2/3rds majority of the seats. Doesn't matter how the people vote, the republicans win.
>>
>>50229600
I have lived in South Texas for a number of years, "Gubment infringing on their property rights" is something they hate a METRIC FUCKTON more than Illegal Mexicans (and they hate them alot)

Hell, it will be fun to see Texas of all places throw the biggest anti-Trump shitfest if the government tries to Eminent Domain private land on the border for the wall
>>
>>50229604
Democrats filibustering won't matter. The republicans will just pass everything they want using budget reconciliation like they did during the Bush years, and that can't be filibustered.
>>
>>50229651
If it means turning the border red, then I don't think anyone will mind all that much. I'm sure Trump will cut them a very, very sweet deal for that land as well.
>>
>>50229642
yeah, but that's not a sustainable system. If Dems keep winning popular votes but losing elections it won't be long before we see Civil War II: Electric 'Muricabloo. And that fucks EVERYONE over
>>
>>50229651
>>50229666

Trump is the world's biggest eminent domain fan. What those people want won't matter, they won't have a choice. And no, the deal they get will probably be shit, but they'll be required by law to take it and if they refuse Trump will have the entire federal government to back up his demands.
>>
>>50229673
>liberals
>starting a civil war
Kek; if they swing that far, the right wins either way.
>>
>>50229666
> I'm sure Trump will cut them a very, very sweet deal for that land as well.

You have no idea how these people think, I talked to a guy (almost fanatically Republican) who owns land on the border a bit east of El Paso. He told me that whatever it was for and however much they offered, he wasn't giving the government under any administration an inch of his land
>>
>>50229642
Honestly, it's not strictly the Republican's faults.

The representation in this country is pretty wonky. Electoral votes favor small states tremendously. The house of representatives and senate favors small states tremendously.
The house of representatives is supposed to be by population, except they ran out of seats in the building and just went, "\_(ツ)_/¯ That's that.".

Sure, Republicans gerrymandered a bunch, but I'm pretty sure that predates them.

And of course any attempt to fix will have to be over the cold, dead bodies of the small states
>>
>>50229673
Democrats have fewer guns, and the military will be more than happy to slaughter them by the millions. The republicans (and rural America in general) absolutely hate the idea of the popular vote. Majority rule is seen as a massive threat to their existence.
>>
>>50229714
>and the military will be more than happy to slaughter them by the millions.
What is it with you guys thinking that the military is some massive force of "Yeah, let's kill our own citizens!"? I see this every time it's brought up. It honestly sounds like the most delusional posts in the thread, on either side.
>>
>>50229705
Eminent domain.
If they want to they'll remove him from it at bayonet point.
>>
>>50229713
> Sure, Republicans gerrymandered a bunch, but I'm pretty sure that predates them.
The problem is that the democrats got it in their heads that gerrymandering was wrong and that they shouldn't do it. So states like California have moved away from the practice and started using citizens commissions that have an equal number of democrats and republicans (which technically is unfair in favor of the republicans, since there are way more democrats).

The result is that since the republicans gerrymander like crazy and the democrats are doing it less, the republicans win regardless of how the people vote.

Turns out the one who cheats more wins.
>>
>>50229713
Depending on how royally Trump screws the pooch, if he does, they could be in a position to at least start the process in 2020, though 2018 looks jank because of who's up for reelection where
>>
>>50229713
>50229713
It's working as intended, really. That the intention is now how people understand it is just a little side effect.

The people in charge have been terrified of letting the cities run the rest of the country since the nation's inception, we're built around gathering a consensus from the parts of the country not from where the most people are. It just usually doesn't matter, as for the most part, the will of the people congregates in the cities.
>>
>>50229705
I despise rabidly individualist idiots as much as I despise communist fuckheads, so I don't see the issue. If it means stemming the tide of spics, then I'll fucking goosestep right alongside the police all the way to El Paso.
>>
>>50229736
Well, I'm glad it's not just me.
>>
>>50229736
The military is very conservative by nature. Democrats are mostly seen as traitors. Sure, the military would be very reluctant to fight against rural, conservative republicans, but against urban, liberal democrats? The average grunt would absolutely love the chance to gun down some city slickers.
>>
>>50229739
That's the point he was making. They do that, the media's definitely going to get wind of it, and most of the southerners are going to respond to "He's takin' our land by force!" the same way they respond to "They're takin' our guns!" and they'll switch hard because that's part of the bullshit they don't want to stand for.
>>
>>50229736
>libdems
>revolutionary, traitorous libdems
>citizens/civilians
kek
>>
>>50229751
I disagree with you but I will protect your right to be a goddamn fascist.
>>
>>50229600
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-14/donald-trump-says-parts-of-border-wall-fence/8022188
Wait for a few months and then see where the wall is shall we. But for know it looks like there ain't gonna be no wall. And where's he going to get the money from? Mexico sure as shit ain't going to pay for it.
>>
>>50229773
Thanks bruv, you're a good guy; don't get on the trains tomorrow.
>>
>>50229651
My dad works at nintendo and he says you're full of shit.
Also where the US southern border ends isn't immediately where mexico begins.
>>
>>50229768
>>50229771
So yeah, delusional imaginary power fantasies held by you guys that think that american soldiers would be happy to fire on americans.

Even in the old days they didn't expect the civil war to actually be a battle and shit going horribly wrong. And that's back when it was New Yorkers vs Georgians. You think they're going to shoot when it's Americans vs Americans?
>>
>>50229736
As someone who served, I'll say this: liberals don't count. They're not citizens, they gave that up when they put the interests of terrorists and criminals ahead of their own nation and its people. If Trump told us to march into Portland and kill every one of those rioting cucks, we'd do it in an instant.
>>
>>50229830
>Liberals
>Americans
>Revolutionary traitors
>Citizens or civilians
Loving
Every
Laugh
>>
>>50229782
Most people seem to think that either
A: moneygram and similar services start getting taxed internationally. Mexico gets literally billions of dollars a year from workers in the US sending money home. Even a small tax on that would be more than enough for a wall.
B: Mexico pays for it to avoid that tax, since the net loss from the tax would probably be far higher than the net loss from just pitching in for a wall.
>>
>>50229831
Yeah, 'cause fuck that oath sworn to defend the constitution, right?
>>
>>50229848
What's funny is that I hear this logic right out of the same people that wave around confederate flags.
>>
>>50229830
Liberals aren't Americans. They don't want to be Americans. They go on and on about how ashamed they are of America, how terrible and racist and sexist it is, and how they long for the day that it falls and is replaced by their marxist utopia.

We would be happy to kill them.
>>
>>50229860
Traitors aren't protected by the constitution.

>>50229869
>implying the South won't rise again.
JK, fuck the dixieplebs, but fuck the liberals even more.
>>
>>50229876
Go ahead and try.
Sadly, "being people you don't like" doesn't actually make them not American.
>>
>>50229860
Defending the constitution requires that you be willing to kill liberals. They're the ones pulling out bullshit claims like "it's a living document" in order to justify reading things that flat out aren't there and ignoring the things that are. Every day they shred the constitution a little bit more. Those of us who take our oaths seriously know that fighting back against them isn't just permitted, it's required.
>>
The thing I have learned about the people of the US from this election is that the world would probably be a better place if it was blown to hell. But then there would be no one to beat back the Chinks and Russkies. Not like they are doing a good job of it at the moment. Home of the free and land of the brave indeed.

Also reminder that about half of the voting populace of the US didn't vote in the last election.
>>
>The military loves rural conservatives
>but would totally murder all the urban progressives

Turned out so well for you cucks last time right?
>>
>>50229830
I'm not American, and even I think you're underestimating how easy it is to 'other' people, especially in a military environment.

Not to mention chances are there've been psyche evals done and any brass who'd have to make decisions about sending military units against civilians would have a list of units most likely to obey the order given.
>>
>>50229905
>>50229886
>Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
Don't see anything about liberals in there, sorry. :^)
>>
>>50229876
>They said things I don't like on the internet
>They're the worst people ever and I wanna kill them all.
Not liking where a country is headed has been every country since history began.
They're just as allowed to go "Waah, the country is going to shit" now as you probably were when Obama was elected.
That doesn't make them "Not American"
>>
>>50229917
Giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Like ISIS, which liberals have been supporting for years.
>>
>>50229910
This time the left doesn't have guns and an army.

>>50229917
>or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.
Found it
>>
>>50229926
You're pretty funny pal.

>>50229910
Oh, are we doing this? Let's do this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8epv1Y25XA
>>
>>50229926
As a Liberal I want IS to be crushed and broken and their heads displayed prominently from the hulls of various engines of war. But apparently two year old children count as terrorists now.
>>
>>50229910
You're using the word cuck incorrectly. The confederates didn't fight for federal rule over local rule, or for my slave's son. That's what the unionists did.
>>
>>50229938
Are you implying they did back then?

Hell, the south was better armed than the north through the majority of the war.
>>
>>50229940
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWB7_o6x6DA

OH NOT NOW FOR THE GROANS OF STARVING LABOR
>>
>>50229926
Ok, again, the not-American in this thread here so I'm not as fluent in matters of US politics as I am my own country, but I'm genuinely curious where these accusations have come from. How have 'liberals' (in this case I'm assuming it refers to the Democratic party, since genuine political liberals within the US have no real power from what I've seen) supported ISIS?
>>
>>50229938
>the left doesn't have guns

Then how does all the Black on Black violence you constantly bitch about happen? :^)
>>
>>50229964
My brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ra9cXx1-o

General amnesty for the south was the second best thing Lincoln did first was winning.
>>
>>50229959
Yes, but now the left is actively averse to guns.

>>50229976
>blacks
>having a political ideology
You give them far too much credit, they just follow the incentives and gibsmedats.
>>
>>50229985
They'll get pretty verse with them if they need to friend. Its not like getting them over there in Yanksville is hard.
>>
>>50229984
FAUGH-A-BALLAUGH, BROTHER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ot7amDyqbY
>>
File: richest-cities-in-usa-map.jpg (138KB, 800x537px) Image search: [Google]
richest-cities-in-usa-map.jpg
138KB, 800x537px
>>50229910
>>50229938
The left literally has most of the wealth in the US. Again. And ironically, most of the factories that do still build stuff. The liberal areas could go blue collar building tanks and guns faster than the South's textile facilities.
Plus you know, that fuckhuge population and ease of acquiring "immigrant" troops. It'd go the exact same way, with the urban progressives stomping the rurals. Not to mention the fact that the black half of the South is already armed this time. That's going to be quite a problem.

>>50229954
Actually they did. Lincoln pretty much only wanted to repeal the Fugitive Slave Act that the Southern states forced through the federal government. The ensuing butthurt lead to the civil war. So ironically, Lincoln was more for State's rights than the so called Confederacy.
>>
>>50230012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQL_EQi3M3o
God bless the Irish.
>>
>>50230012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRAKhZHApaY
>>
>>50230017
Anyone who thinks the Confederacy was actually for state's rights is an idiot.
Half the shit in their constitution is exactly the same as the US constitution, but with "No state shall go against this" tacked onto the end. Even slavery was "No state shall in any way infringe on slavery in its current form, nor shall any new state added."
>>
>>50229985
>blacks
>having a political ideology
Socially Conservative and economically liberal. However the American right has put on enough sentiments they see as racist, such as the KKK still existing while the Pathers were put down, as enough reason to fight on that basis alone.
>>
>>50230046
Yup, that's why I was directing that at the dude who said "The confederates didn't fight for federal rule over local rule"
That's "Muh state rights!" with fancier words.
>>
>>50230020
>>50230038
God bless those damn paddies.
Since we're getting patriotic (now that the vitriol has died down a bit), let's post some good 'ol American culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trZlvpLihHk
>>
AMERICA HOME OF THE BIGGOTS, LAND OF THE KEKS. DUMBEST COUNTRY ON EARTH.
>>
>>50230077
???

LAND OF THEKEKS
>>
>>50230017
Seeing Dallas and Huston reminded me, even the cities in most Red States are filled with Dems. While even the reddest rural areas in Blue states tend to be salt of the earth fisical conservatives instead of rabid hard-nationalist paleocons Enjoy Urban warfare getting your own house in order.

Also your average grunt might lean Conservative, though I believe /pol/ SEVERELY undercounts service people from urban centers and blue states. Most of the Brass are independent establishment types who may not lean progressive ideologically but still know where their bread is buttered. So enjoy minimized logistics and leadership on top of that.
>>
>>50230077
>>50230085
>he doesn't know about the worldfilter
lol what a cuck
>>
>>50230085
huh
KEK
>>
>>50230091
I don't use cuck much. And the worldfilter never really affect me.
>>50230095
huh
>>
>>50230114
baka desu senpai
>>
Honestly even if they had inferior firepower, if they were peaceful, the UN wouldn't let anyone dare to try and start shit
>>
>>50230130
>UN
>being effectual
>at anything
>ever
>>
>>50230130
The UN are about as effective as a WWE ref.
>>
>>50230076
Honestly, I think it's a great idea.
Remember that A, civil war sucks, senpaitachi, and B, forgiveness is both Christian and the best way to end it, and C, let's revel in our shared history and culture.
>>
>>50230130
> UN
> actually doing anything against the US
The US has a veto on the security council, and another in the form of their pet Britain. The UN can't do anything that the US doesn't approve of.
>>
>>50230088
This is also true, I forgot about that.
Also of note is that might be a low average for grunts. About 25% of the major branches, Army, Navy, Air Force, are from minorities that wouldn't really appreciate the "Gas the libtards and minorities" mindset.
So unless it's literally every white guy in the army being conservative leaning, the gap if the infighting in the military started isn't really going to be smaller than 3 conservatives to every 1 "person a conservative doesn't like" and it only gets smaller for every white guy that thinks they're crazy for shooting on americans.
>>
>>50230144
> Christian
The face of American Christianity is Donald Trump. Forgiveness is a foreign concept to America.
>>
>>50230155
Pet Britain. Don't let the poms hear that.
>>
>>50230144
Both united and divided, both sides have some damn fine music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-s51B66Sl4
>>
>ctrl+f "operation plumbbob"
>0 results
Do you faggots even HFY?
>>
>>50230297
>orbital defense cannons using nuclear bombs as the gunpowder
fund it.
>>
>>50226273
We'll just throw some molotovs into the big glowing holes in their fancy machines and when they go haywire our best riflemen will shoot a bullet through the quarter sized hole in their armor.
>>
>>50230183
Brit here, we by and large know where we stand even if we're not very happy about it.
>>
>>50226806
Except he was the non nuclear war choice.
>>
>>50231411
Kind of like how the west putting some sanctions on Russia after they started annexing parts of Ukraine definitely would have led to a nuclear war.

Oh wait. 4chan was wrong about that too.
>>
>>50231701
Russia didn't annex any of the Ukraine. They reclaimed territory that never should have been part of the Ukraine to begin with in order to stop the NATO-backed coup in Kiev from slaughtering the Russian-speaking minority. And the fact that the US supported the overthrow of the legitimate, democratically elected government of the Ukraine did move the world that much closer to nuclear war. Why should Russia tolerate such blatant aggression inside its sphere of influence?
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/pol/98457957
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.