[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help with my sci fi fantasy setting. How do I come

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_8312.jpg (508KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8312.jpg
508KB, 1920x1080px
I need help with my sci fi fantasy setting. How do I come up with good ideas?
>>
File: evil.jpg (315KB, 600x881px) Image search: [Google]
evil.jpg
315KB, 600x881px
Nazis... in space!
>>
>>50226020
Read a shit ton of ancient Indian mythology. (Forehead dot Indians, not Native Americans) And then interpret all of the magical shit as super advanced space technology so powerful the only words mere mundane mortal plebs have to refer to it as is "magic".

There you go, science fiction fantasy.
>>
File: DontTeachmeNotToCrusade.png (140KB, 346x307px) Image search: [Google]
DontTeachmeNotToCrusade.png
140KB, 346x307px
>>50226020
Catholics... in space!
>>
>>50226020
Give us more details.

Do you want tons of races?
What types of quests do you want people to go on?
What books and shows and Vidya are inspiring you?

>>50227579
>>50227514
Isn't that just 40K?

>>50227543
Definitely this.
>>
>How do I come up with good ideas?

Weed.
>>
File: Space Catholic Nazis.jpg (44KB, 383x498px) Image search: [Google]
Space Catholic Nazis.jpg
44KB, 383x498px
>>50227514
>>50227579
>>50227604
It is.
>>
Come up with cool worlds.
Make an excuse for them to exist.
Now put characters in der to see all your cool shit and flood all meta questions with excuses.
Bam. Instafluff.
>>
>>50226020
read a lot of shit, think about a lot of shit, be creative, smoke weed

think about what themes you're trying to fuck around with and develop stuff from that as the kernal
>>
>>50226020
steal ideas from others
>>
Myself, I personally prefer the "magic and fantasy stuff co-existing with modern and beyond science" then the "magic is highly advanced ancient/alien tech" approach.

In which case, I think finding a system where magic is allowed to maintain its mysterious black box nature whilst being studied and used regularly by a scientific culture is one of the most important aspect. From there on out you can come up with creative stuff about how that blackbox is used alongside and to enhance "regular" physical sciences and such.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.