[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Save an entire kingdom of millions from certain death by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Mirror Image.jpg (41KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
Mirror Image.jpg
41KB, 500x398px
>Save an entire kingdom of millions from certain death by plowing through the defences of a heavily fortified castle and managing to barely escape from the explosion and meltdown of the BBEG's magitech superweapon
>"The master of the order of knights doesn't like strangers so he tells you to leave."

>Kill one bandit
>"You are invited to the king's palace and awarded medals, mounds of gold and acres of land! He even calls his daughter in to meet you!"

Which one is the worst GM /teeg/?
pic unrelated
>>
>>50206595
Both are shit.
Your thread is shit.
Neck yourself.
>>
>>50206595
Both are almost equally shitty.

The second one a bit more. imho
>>
File: 8C.jpg (36KB, 520x307px) Image search: [Google]
8C.jpg
36KB, 520x307px
>>50206611
>>
>>50206595
The second is objectively worse, because by the sounds of things the first has been one hell of a GM thus far, and thus there may be more to the situation than is apparent at first. Perhaps the master of the order is trying to hide something?
>>
>>50207105
clearly the master of the order was in cahoots with the BBEG
>>
I can forgive it if it's the same GM, with the thought that good deeds go unrewarded.
>>
>>50206595
Meh, just depends on what the GM does from there. Both sound like potential plot hooks, if you ask me.

>First one:
As it turns out, no one survived the explosion to spread word of your deeds. As a result, all they know of is a big explosion and in effect, you are thankless heroes. It will be hard, maybe even impossible, to prove that the explosion was more than just a fluke. But you'll have to do it soon, as many such people attempt to use the explosion for their own gain politically.

Second one:
> The bandit turned out to be an outlaw on par with Jessie James. His death meant that for a time, the world was a bit safer. This also meant his crew was after the PC's now, and would stop at nothing to get revenge for the death of their leader.

I admit, the first one is harder to run with. I'd need to know more to make a good plot hook out of it.
>>
>>50207164
Alternative for the second one:
>The local king/baron/governor/sultan wants to make a bread-and-circuses show of being 'connected' with the common people, so he sends his guards out to find the most recent act of 'heroism', no matter how small, and invites the person of interest to a lavish banquet and disproportionate rewards while his criers bark into the streets how kind and rewarding he is
>>
>>50207208
This is actually really good too. Even kind of comical.
>>
>>50207208
Or there is an invading army coming in the direction of said gifted lands and he is using the PCs as a speedbump until the "real" heroes arrive.
>>
>>50207105
>objectively worse

When will people learn "objectively" is incompatible with subjective definitions such as good or bad?

Anyway, both scenarios are equally bad if that's all there is to them. The knight commander could've had an ulterior motive for kicking out the heroes, and perhaps that one bandit was particularly notorious. Many possibilities could arise from either case, unless you're stuck with a truly unimaginative GM.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.