[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The best system to run a Soul Eater campaign in? It'd need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

The best system to run a Soul Eater campaign in?

It'd need skills higher than realistic but nothing too god-like, with leveling
Special abilities that can optionally give more power to an action (with a trade-off) but don't ultimately become the heart and soul of a build
Needs to be fun and viable with most or all PCs running non-magic
Highly customizable characters and weapons
Mechanically engaging game-play that emphasizes team-work and discussion but preferably not terribly crunchy
My plan was to have each player take control of a Meister and Weapon duo but if there are systems where two players control different aspects of the same fighter I'd hella like to take a look at that
Maybe with stats that could be read as physical or social traits, that could be rolled in combative or interpersonal scenarios? (Balance, Aggression, Cunning, etc.)
>>
Mutants and Masterminds 3e
>>
>>50198289
this.png
>>
Pretty sure /tg/ made or adapted a system forever ago for it
>>
>>50198447
I can't believe I actually found it!
Thank you.
>>
>>50198568
Mind linking it here?
>>
>>50198577
ah yes of course

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzNjzwVHDoA6Q3pQeUlKMkxhRWc/view

it's a little crunchier than I expected so i may be streamlining it a tad.
>>
>>50197386
Monsters and Other Childish Things.
>>
File: GaiURPS.jpg (156KB, 742x510px) Image search: [Google]
GaiURPS.jpg
156KB, 742x510px
Obligatory
>>
>>50198447
Three of them actually. There's a d20 and a Savage Worlds like one.

And this one I guess
>>50198600
>>
>>50198600
This is neat, but it seems like Weapons don't get to do a lot in combat.
>>
>>50197386
>>
File: black star.jpg (73KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
black star.jpg
73KB, 600x431px
>>50197386
>nothing too god-like
How are you supposed to surpass god that way?
>>
>>50197386
Just remember, none of your players can be well adjusted sane human beings. Everyone is fucking insane.
>>
>>50198779
my impression was that either a single player takes both the PCs, or that the two players discuss (possibly in character) what to do next. granted the strong link between the two charas in cannon it would make complete and total sense that the two of them might, to an outside observer, operate as a single unit.
>>
You can use any system of rules really, just make sure you go into great and obnoxious detail explaining every single mechanic involved.
>>
>>50197386
Remember to include a "losing your shit and now everything is made of laughing" mechanic if the one you decide on doesn't have it.
>>
>>50200193
>>50200302
I found them quite well adjusted considering they live under the totalitarian governing of a death god who persecuted a few races to near extinction for the pursuit of their own power, and have been trained since birth to kill.

More so than I'd expect of a real teenager, anyway.

If they ever infiltrate a god of madness and hallucination tho, well, then what happens will happen.
>>
>>50199839
Thanks a ton! I'm looking through it and it does fit.

>>50198612
This is actually brilliant. Thank you. I love this kind of co-player system though it may be hard to work into this kind of game. I hope I can alter this for what I need.

>>50200163
hehe. i thought that too. but to be real Death-sama isn't even THAT powerful, and Maka's called-attacks are in universe the result of an elite student who was immersed in soul hunting since childhood who's also in an abnormally compatible relationship who's also abnormally powerful for some cool reason that makes no sense. i feel that in the context of the manga the fight scenes were supposed to be serious and gritty shit, but comparing them to D&D character they're all very mortal (even the immortals)

>>50200275
I'm actually trying to find/create a system that's fairly light and ready for first-time ttg'ers, but still resembles a SE fighscene and more importantly lends itself to playing endearing and deep characters. I'll probably end up simplifying a system to fit my needs.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.