[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make a game that takes place after a great war, akin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1478654182957.jpg (22KB, 350x220px) Image search: [Google]
1478654182957.jpg
22KB, 350x220px
I want to make a game that takes place after a great war, akin in age and style to the american civil one.

I need a reason for the origin of the war. If you want, you can specify which side won and which consequences it had.
>>
>>50196740

Good king x died and left no heirs. All the dukes turned on each other and vied for supremacy. It ended when one of them won. The consequences are a lot of bitter feelings and dead men. Because many men died this causes social problems. Peasant life is difficult, and the new kings army/guard can't patrol everywhere they need to. This means on the fringes and in rural areas there are a lot of bandits and monsters, because there aren't to troops for the government to deal with them. This gives rise to many mercenary, or alternatively heroic, groups who deal with the problems of the folk on the outskirts of civilization.cliche I know, it's just what comes to mind.
>>
File: Sharn_Sky_Battle.jpg (108KB, 668x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sharn_Sky_Battle.jpg
108KB, 668x600px
Look to Eberron for inspiration.
>kingdom is torn into five nations because the old king dies and nobody can agree who should claim the crown
>war lasts for 100 years
>noble houses remain neutral
>one noble house (re)discovers the art of making sentient living constructs, and sells them to every nation
>war only ends because one nation is wiped in not!nuclear devastation that extends exactly to its borders
>nobody know who did it
>nobody takes responsibility
>everyone is fucking terrified of it happening to their own nation
>people decide to stop fighting
>because of fuckery during the war, basically twelve nations now exist, including neutral druids ruled by a tree and a nation of pirates who are TOTALLY ruled by this one guy and not at all a hive of scum and villainy
>sentient living construct soldiers are officially to be treated as other people, but still discriminated against
>>
>>50196828
too magical for my tastes. I'd be willing to accept zombies though
>>
>>50196878
Well, one nation (which is totally not ruled by vampires) did use undead soldiers during the war. A local religious shift midway during the war basically made everyone look at the undead as a sort of martyrs, since they gave their own lives in order to protect the rest of the populace, and now are never able to attain divinity.
>>
>>50196740
What about a not!thirty years war?
Basically a rich and powerful confederation of princes ruled by an emperor explodes in a religious civil war with direct interventions from every neighbourg. The war ends without changing anything but the land is devastated and the supremacy of not!spain finished
>>
File: contemplative thinking.gif (1MB, 499x341px) Image search: [Google]
contemplative thinking.gif
1MB, 499x341px
>>50196740
American Civil war actually provides a good model
>Regional influence on politics and economy becomes imbalanced because of a thing
>Tough regional relations are further made tense by moral and cultural clashes between the regions
>New frontier close to opening, and everyone wants their hands in it.
>Aristocrats of the less developed region start to incite paranoia into their citizens about the "federal menace", and wish to manuever for political power in the new frontier
>New ruler comes to power that is at odds with said paranoid region. Tries to assuage worries by reaffirming the standing law that prevents him from taking X thing from them.
>Doesn't help, the aristocrats, who rely on X despite, despite being a significantly low percent of the region's population, try to rally the paranoid masses to fight against "agression"
>Leader tries to send in forces to quell panic and to reinforce military holdings. Backfires and War starts.

There, just substitute in your own resources, tech level, political entities, and peoples and you've got an instant Civil War.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.