[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We have the intention to make a tabletop rpg to play on new year's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

We have the intention to make a tabletop rpg to play on new year's eve but we're clueless as to how. I've been browsing this board today in hopes of catching a few things but it's pretty hard for a newcomer to learn here as you guys have kind of a language going on here which assumes the reader to have some level of understanding of rules and all that.

So how do we go on about doing this? First we would need a setting I guess. I've seen some examples given in a thread, lot of abbreviations were used, like; aSolF, XdSerS, DDs55+StarWarsxv32. Where can I learn about these pre-made ones, also what do you suggest if we were to start from scratch?

Then, mechanics? What options do we have besides 'rng LUL'?

What are some general tips/rules to keep in mind while playing?
>>
>We have the intention to make a tabletop rpg to play on new year's eve but we're clueless as to how.
>to make
Nigga there's dozens if not hundreds of systems out there already. Whatever you want out of a system, there's probably a fitting one out there already that's better than anything your amateur ass can create. Why would you even bother?
>>
>>50194649
>also what do you suggest if we were to start from scratch?
don't.
>>
>>50194694
You must be new. Flailing and fumbling and trying to kludge together a homebrew system is something that almost every RPG player goes through at some point.

OP, I have to leave but I can post later if no one else does.
>>
>>50194714
>Flailing and fumbling and trying to kludge together a homebrew system is something that almost every RPG player goes through at some point.
Do we really want to encourage that, though?
>>
>>50194721
No, people should never be allowed to make mistakes and grow as human beings.
>>
>>50194721
Why not? It's fun and educational. And fantasy heartbreaker lying somewhere in deep dark corner of a HDD doesn't hurt anyone.

>>50194649
But OP, first you'll have to at least look through a couple of RPGs. Play some sessions. Don't try going through barbed wire completely naked.
>>
>>50194861
>>50194714
Alright thanks a lot! Now where do I find these pre-made rpgs?
>>
>>50195055
There's one page RPG thread on this board for some very simple ones.

There are generals for more established ones (Just don't go to Dungeons&Dragons/Pathfinder generals, they give actual brain damage).

There's 1d4chan.
>>
>>50195143
>1d4chan

that's some weapons grade brain damage there

>>50195055
have you tried google? There are several different and decently made starwars rpgs, AsoIF has its own too. If you're going for science fantasy space opera mash up, try looking at a generic system that has easily modifiable options like Savage Worlds, GURPS or FATE depending on what sort of gameplay you all like.
>>
>>50195055
>Now where do I find these pre-made rpgs?

Ask around about what you're interested in. What kind of game would you like to play? Are you into fantasy, sci-fi, horror, westerns, espionage & crime, or what?
>>
>>50195143
>>50195196
>>50195321
I'll look into those thank you. Meanwhile I'm open to your suggestions. I like fantasy, some of us are more into post-apocalyptic survival style. Do you have any favourite ones in these themes?
>>
>>50195196
>rather than fixing the content of this open wiki, I choose to complain about it on 4chan
>>
>>50195806
Symbaroum is a dark fantasy rpg with a slightly postapoc feel, Degenesis is a postapocalypic setting/system with a fucking massive book of lore if you're interested on that with some really cool factions (Spitalians hype)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.