[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you make a campaign about a little orphan girl searching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 53370280_p0.jpg (609KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
53370280_p0.jpg
609KB, 960x640px
How would you make a campaign about a little orphan girl searching for her parents in a fantasy world? Can you make it so she's the PC or must you be the adult that guards her around?
>>
File: 1474857354312.jpg (78KB, 543x767px) Image search: [Google]
1474857354312.jpg
78KB, 543x767px
>>50193265
well maybe the little girl is not that little anymore and it's a secret sidequest of one of the PC ?
>>
>>50193265
Child of Light was a lot like this, and it should be decent for material.
>>
>>50193265
The players are Fair Folk tasked with helping her find her parents.

They are invisible to everyone but animals, infants and powerful magic users and they have limited ways to interact with the world.
>>
>>50193328
I like this idea. The campaign would have a more surreal aspect to it instead of the usual (relatively) grounded DnD fare.
>>
>>50193265

As a side note, the most adorable game I've ever played was "The Wizard is missing! You, as his animal friends - An owl, a cat, a dog and a badger - must find a way to save him."
>>
>>50193265
Either way can work, depending on how you want to set the tone. Orphan girl finding her own inner strength and facing the challenge of her quest, or someone taking the role of protector, guide ad mentor to help this lost child.
>>
File: 20090509024405708.jpg (252KB, 400x755px) Image search: [Google]
20090509024405708.jpg
252KB, 400x755px
>>50193265
Maybe I am a lolicon and treat her as my daughteru.
>>
Kinda crossing into /lit/ territory here but I really want a fantasy story about a girl travelling a fantasy world.
>>
>>50193895
If you were a lolicon, wouldn't you be treating her as your waifu?
>>
>>50193265
I'd do it like Labyrinth or James and The Giant Peach or any of those movies where its a kid and their party of weird sidekicks seeking something. One PC is the girl, and the others are The Bird Knight and Twindles the the cowardly goblin and shit like that.
>>
>>50193265
Sounds like a GSS campaign famalam
>>
>>50195223
GSS?
>>
>>50195232
Golden Sky Stories
>>
>>50193328
I love this.
Don't even tell the players up front. Let them find out the hard way that nobody can see or hear them and that they can't interact with physical objects or people (punching a guy in the face results in him feeling a random breeze, if anything at all) except this one orphan girl who can see them.
And then they have to find out why they are like they are.

Well, wait. They need to be able to save some kind of interaction with things in order to help this loli out. Maybe she can touch things and doing so allows the PCs to hold/interact with the things?
>>
>>50193265
>"can you make it so she's the PC or must you be the adult that guards her around?"

Why not both? Probably only works at its best when there's only 2 players but it could still work with more. Get your players RPing that paternal bond. Eventually they'll synchronise on decisions to the point where they really do have each other's backs. Maybe it'll even incite some really heartfelt moments between the two as they discover how much they truly mean to one another.

and it's at that moment you have the orphan be killed in a seemingly preventable way
>>
>>50195368
Maybe they have an ability to interact with particular things that fall under their "domain". Like one fairy can talk to animals, another can affect peoples moods, etc. The abilities could also be potentially powerful, but extremely specific. Essentially the quest would consist of puzzles revolving around using their very limited abilities in creative ways.
>>
>>50194848
She is too old and has a father complex, anon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.