[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be running a seafaring campaign where there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: gold coins.jpg (11KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
gold coins.jpg
11KB, 298x169px
I'm going to be running a seafaring campaign where there will be lots of opportunities for players to trade commercial goods and luxuries. Eventually the players are going to be acquiring a lot of wealth between trading and adventuring that things like ship maintenance and crew salary aren't going to dent their coin purse. What I'm worried is that they'll end up so obscenely wealthy it breaks the game. How do I fix or is there no fixing it?
>>
Thieves.

Bail money.

Having to buy an entirely new (possibly bigger) ship after some kind of awesome boss fight (kraken, pissed-off intelligent whale, dire termites etc.).
>>
>>50184109
scorbut
>>
Remember to keep necessary expenditures proportional to the kind of loot they're raking in. Money for provisions, munitions, crew wages, port fees, occasional repair and rigging work, all that stuff. If the campaign is going to be all about the cash money, don't handwave the party having to -spend- that money.

If they still just get Too Rich then start setting higher goals for them. Expensive new ships and fittings. Buying out enterprises. Bribing entire port authorities.
>>
Make the party pay to maintain a ship and crew. Damaged sails need replaced. Nails, pitch, lumber, and tools are needed for repairs. Crews need food, rations, rum, and clothing. Old Marvin died and needs a funeral. Maggie lost her leg to a shark and needs a peg-leg. Cannonballs and gunpowder for the guns, medicine and treatment for the wounded.

There should be plenty of costs that can help you keep the profits from becoming outrageous. If the players become obscenely wealthy, then that will make them a target for pirates, privateers, and thieves.

>>50185164
>pissed-off intelligent whale
>dire termites

I like the way you think.
>>
Try to think of things that will make them WANT to spend their money. Give them opportunities to add all sorts of awesome-looking shit to their ship, let them take unusual pets. If there are gods in your setting, consider having one of them grant favors in exchange for "donations".
>>
>>50184109
How about burying it on uninhabited islands in case of a bad time.
Or splitting the loot with the crew every now and then at port.
>>
Thread theme!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eel-mbyAmHk
>>
>>50185615
This is a good one.

Consider the following:
A local king is wanting to sell off an island that offers little more than a place to exile undesirables.
I'd bet the PCs want to buy that island and make it a base of operations.

If they build bars and brothels, their men will have higher morale scores. (If you aren't considering morale of an NPC group this large, shame on you.)
If they build a smithy and hire a blacksmith, the crew will always have access to well-crafted and well-maintained weapons.
If they hire an esteemed tailor and give him a wee shop, the crew could have impeccable fashion.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.