[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone had a chance to look at this? As a Tolkien enthusiast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: CodQiX0WcAEfmKF.jpg (162KB, 800x1015px) Image search: [Google]
CodQiX0WcAEfmKF.jpg
162KB, 800x1015px
Has anyone had a chance to look at this? As a Tolkien enthusiast I've considered picking up The One Ring but with this out I figure it may actually see some play time at the table for my D&D-focused group.
>>
>>50182857
>play LotR
>use 5th edition
forwhatpurpose.jpg

Seriously senpai, if you want to do a LotR campaign, why not use the purpose built One Ring?
>>
>>50182857
The sole existence game is literally proof how cancerous deeendee is.
>purpose build middle earth game finely crafted, perfectly catches the spirit of tolkien's works
>but it's not d&d so it hasn't the cheatcode of "le brand recognition based. undeserved popularity" and remains painfully niche
>ultimately the creators decide that it's time to just make d&d reskin based on that to make it sell,because retarded plebs won't play anything without d20 label and actual quality has nothing to say in this matter
This is why it is so hard to have nice things on TTRPG market
>>
>>50184317
I think that the issue here is with licenses. Cubicle7 already has the license for LotR RPGs, and the OGL means they could make a quick buck with this. I don't think the authors, as in the actual creative people, behind The One Ring, are very involved in this reskin.
That said, I agree with you. We're going to get through OGL Glut 2: Electric Boogaloo, with d20 Anything. The only consolation is that the market is very different from the early 2000s.
>>
All I can envision when seeing that image OP, is what every movie-goer thought back when Fellowship came out.
>Why doesn't Gandalf throw a fireball, isn't he a wizard?
Well now you can!
>Why doesn't he get the eagles to help and fly all the way there?
Why with a DC15 check you can my boy!
>I roll to attack the Balrog! Shit, 1!
You hit the bridge! Uh, and with that damage the bridge breaks. You both fall into the abyss.
>Shit
>>
>>50184317
At least AIME is pretty good. It's lore accurate, has no magical nonsense, and has some cool healing and travelling systems.

The only magician the book allows is the kind that uses cheap fireworks and parlor tricks to entertain children. No fireballs or spells.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.