[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about your barbarian or a barbarian played by someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0330.jpg (141KB, 781x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0330.jpg
141KB, 781x1024px
Tell me about your barbarian or a barbarian played by someone in your group /tg/. I want to hear a good sword and sorcerery story as told by your character's exploits
>>
>>50179998

Are half-orc barbarians acceptable?
>>
>>50179998
I have never seen someone play a barbarian as anything other than a massive fucking retard. I really want to see someone play a barbarian as something other than a massive fucking retard.
>>
File: THE END OF WORLDS.jpg (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
THE END OF WORLDS.jpg
3MB, 1920x1200px
>>50180068
> A former simple woodsman trying to rescue his daughter.
> His slightly controlled rampage irrevocably chances the course of the world's history.
>>
>Kal Grith, He of Many Faces
He was a true primitive barbarian I played in a pathfinder game who VMC'd oracle. For those who don't play pathfinder this means I couldn't read, used bone weapons/armor, and the oracle side made me obsessed over riches and able to read entrails/bird patters/stars for bonuses.

One of my favorite moments with Kal involved a time the enemy thought he would surrender, he was cornered and away from the party. The enemy were gang members, lead by an extremely competent magus. We were mythic and I ended up using my champion ability to grab the first mook I saw and begin fighting in the alley with him as a weapon.

What the enemy did not know is that I as a player had been saving mythic sparks. In the campaign there were essentially physical objects. Instead of consuming mine I had build them into my fetish totems. I kept them around in case of an emergency situation.

What this lead to was the magus calling in a kill squad on me after I killed the mooks and he and I began fighting. When the kill squad teleport ed in I laughed and crushed one of my extra mythic sparks. I chose "Legendary Item" and ascended my weapon right there and then. I was using a bone spear I had kept in game for six months, carved from the rib of a whale I had slain.

The GM underestimated how strong and well prepared I was. I ended up healing myself multiple times, passing saves with my few times a day ability. However I was forced to crush another emergency mythic spark to ascend my spear further from a legendary item to a minor artifact. This was after I had slain the magus, most of the kill squad, and it was just me and the leader of the kill squad.

We had met him several times before, a lieutenant and powerhouse. I ended up fighting and going below 0, going into diehard, and beating him just as I ran out of rage rounds. I killed him by plunging my spear through his chest, then keeled over dead the following round.

(1/2).
>>
>>50180137
I was resurrected when my party found me in the street outside the alley, the whole place destroyed and surrounded by bodies, with my spear (now intelligent), screaming telepathically as it drank the lieutenant's heartblood
>>
>>50180126
This game was a masterpiece.
I need Nier2 as fast as possible.
>>
File: Harrald2.jpg (396KB, 958x927px) Image search: [Google]
Harrald2.jpg
396KB, 958x927px
I know what you're gonna say, "Harrald is a shitty name for a Barbarian".

Our campaign takes place entirely within an urban setting, and Harrald was just some street urchin that grew up to be a big, mean, damaged club-arm that all the gangs in the city liked to get to do their dirty work. He had a Pesh addiction, and he'd done time in prison after a friend of his gave him up to the guards.

So when you take someone like that, and you put them front and center in a fight to prevent the only home they've ever known from being burned to the ground, you get a weird mix of hero and bloodthirsty masochist, who's been given a taste of real power and control, and needs to do anything he can to keep feeding that hunger.

Toss in a botched Vampirism to the mix, and you have a man who is even more murderous than ever, with the power to back it up, and a need to intimidate to cover up personal weakness, all being puppeteer by a Vampire Lord that now pulls his strings (not remotely secret), and you have Harrald, the Human Invulnerable Rager/Urban Barbarian + Brawler, the Butcher of Old Korvosa, walking the streets at night and carving up anyone in his way with the huge scythe he took off a priestess of death.

Honestly? It's one of the most interesting characters I've seen played in one of my games, I'm having fun watching him evolve as the campaign goes on.
>>
>>50180126
>Inspired by the events of 9/11
>>
>>50180278
> Years ago humanity faced a terrible plague.
> To escape this, they separated from their souls from their bodies.
> The bodies became infidel pigs who defied the will of Shadowallah.
> The rest is history...
>>
>>50179998
A human son of a rich merchant, fancy duelist with anger issues.
>>
>Me and a buddy are playing fifth addition
>Both decide to play barbarians
>queue WWF theme music
>enter first dungeon, kobolds everywhere
>I grab one and suplex it
>buddy grabs the it's legs and starts to pull
>ARE YOU READY BROTHER
>barbarian strength leaves us armed with two halves of a deceased kobold
>clear the dungeon armed with said kobold halves
> Ba ba Barbarians
>>
>>50180489

>Fifth addition

Goddamn first inversion I/Vs
>>
>>50180068

We had this CN Barbarian in our 5th ed game. Party was Fighter played by me, this Barb, Cleric and an Arcane Trickster.

>Son of a noble from the civilized lands
>Massive douchebag, only gives a fuck about arts and being an asshole to the peasantry
>Gets lost during a hunting trip, finds a cottage, goes inside, there's this young woman
>She's a witch, shows the young man a vision where he dies a death so glorious that it will be sung of for an eternity.
>Completely amazed by this, leave his parents lands with naught but a sword, a horse and a meagre amount of money
>Adventure and stuff, fighting style is swinging around a fuckhuge sword while singing or chanting epic poetry, ballads and tales.
>Always looks fabulous, with bells, silk ribbons and flowers in his hair and wears nothing but colourful cloth and jewelry, fuck armour. Uses makeup. All this because you need to look as beautiful as possible when you die.
>Super charismatic and strong, can bullshit like a bard while tearing off heads from enemies. Also educated in history and arcana and religion for some weird fucking reason
>Massive bro, always laughing, offering drinks, entertaining others by taletelling or singing, always has your back, loves life. Don't give a shit about loot beyond funding his luxurious lifestyle when in town.
>Just wants to get in a fight with the biggest, baddest thing there is and die in glory.
>>
>>50179998
I read about an intresting alternative theory abour Barbs weaponry. Axes and clubs are actually still useful in everyday life, for cutting woods or mincing meat or something. Swords should be exclusively used for them for they lack actual use in everyday life. (Even changing them into plowshare need further work)
>>
I once played a rather interesting barbarian, she led a tribe the whole way through the campaign without losing any of her people's trust and support and being a successful adventurer without dragging the party into her political matters, she spared quite a few opponents and turned them into slaves for her tribe as well as for the party (Luckily we didn't have a paladin), she wasn't the strongest barbarian to say the least but she was a wise, charismatic and intelligent leader for the tribe and sometimes even the party getting them out of situations which required careful diplomatic relationships being formed.

And somehow I managed to not hog the spotlight which was good, I didn't want the others to feel insignificant to the story, everyone had an interesting story of their own to tell and play through, it was the longest campaign I ever played though.
>>
File: 1456165319922.jpg (86KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1456165319922.jpg
86KB, 640x640px
>>50180895
I actually really like this idea, kudos to this guy.
>>
>>50180919
Make the sword broad as fuck and it can be used as a shovel
>>
>>50179998
Some guy who was asleep/inattentive for most of the session and cheated damage when the time came to roll dice. The gm didn't give a shit about actually learning the game so this went on uncorrected for the 1 year duration of the campaign.
>>
>Half orc barbarian
>From the Eastern mountains on the far side of the wild frontier
>born a slave
>father was one of the chiefs right hand men, mother was an orc slave taken in a raid.
>taught some orc traditions (has incredibly racist attitudes about elves and goblins) absorbed some of the tribal ones
>later while on a hunt as a beater (peasant/ slave who goes out in font and scares the game out of hiding so the hunter can kill it.) he saves the life of the chieftain's second son when the hunt goes to pot because of an unexpected boar.
>is freed
>Chieftan's second son takes him under his wing and teaches him to fight
>mother is still a slave though, and aint no one gonna do shit about it
>decides to leave and go try and get enough gold to buy his mother
>descends from the mountains and crosses frontier
>after many months comes to the edge of civilization
>people don't like him much obviously, takes keeping his hood up.
>Here's passing priest of the settings lg god preaching.
>about freedom for all and justice
>sounds pretty good to a former half-orc slave
>decides he will worship this god, but knows nothing of him, and dares not approach his followers to ask for fear they will turn him away because he is a half orc
>Wandering, hears commotion down the road
> It's two men being assaulted by goblins
>Plays wack a mole with em
>They were a wizard and a sorcerer (other pc's) on their way to delve into a dungeon seeking lost knowledge
>sure could use someone who knows his way around an axe
>Hired as protection
>have many adventures. Continue to play wack a mole with goblins
>many rascist antics every time we encounter elves, but the party works to disabuse him of the notion
>later discover wizard is half elf when he finally looses his hat
>delicious drama, eventual grudging acceptance.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.