[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Links to Back Up Your Rumormongering Edition >Fresh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 45

File: 40kgeneral4.png (1MB, 1024x768px)
40kgeneral4.png
1MB, 1024x768px
Post Links to Back Up Your Rumormongering Edition

>Freshest Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Outdated FAQs and Errata
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
OP forgot the fucking thread name edition
>>
>>50177009
RIP thread
>>
How to best outfit my Kastelan robos?
>>
>>50177066
Phosphor blasters, phosphor blasters everywhere
>>
>>50177000
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2016/11/confirmations-for-december-releases.html?m=1
>>
I'm getting both HH sets Soon that I want to run as CSM.

How will I do with just those?
>>
Considering getting the GW Tint set, any opinions on whether its a good buy?
I do worry about not being able to get more pots of tint if I want to expand my collection and not being able to ever get the same tone in a particular paint. It would ruin the uniformity of my army.
>>
Is there a reason to use the fusion collider on a Ghostkeel, EVER? It seems to be trash.
>>
Reposting in hopes anyone feels like throwing in some suggestions.

Anyone up for helping me build my first 850 Black Templars list for my first tournament in 10 days?

Here's the stuff I own (relevant cause WYSIWYG unless it's super minor things):
- 2x Land Raider Crusader + Multi-Melta
- 1x Venerable Dreadnought (Power-Fist /w Storm Bolter + Twin-linked Autocannon)
- 1x Drop Pod
- 1x Grimaldus + 3 Servitors
- 1x Emperor's Champion
- 1x Command Squad Members (Banner, Apothecary, Company Champion (Power Sword + Shield))
- 15x SM + Bolter
- 11x SM + Chainsword + Bolt Pistol
- 1x SM + Melta
- 1x SM + Plasma Gun
- 2x SM + Flamer
- 1x SM + Missile Launcher
- 1x SM + Power Fist + Bolt Pistol
- 2x SM + Power Sword + Chainsword
- 2x SM + Power Sword + Bolt Pistol
- 2x Magnetized SM with magnetized Plasma Gun, Meltagun, Flamer, Heavy Bolter and Missile Launcher
- 3x Neophyte + Shotun
- 2x Neophyte + CCW + Bolt Pistol
- 2x Assault Terminator + TH/SS
- 3x Assault Terminator + Lightning Claws

The fixed Plasma Gun and Melta minis I can probably get through to count as Combi weapons, since the minis themselves are easily distinguishable from the rest.

Sorry for the huge info dump, but would be great if anyone could help me figure out something effective. Been trying all kinds of builds, testing several different combinations of what to drop pod in, with or without termies, the dreadnought and the command squad and testing with or without the LRC and if I should take the Champ or Grimaldus or a normal Captain/Chaplain represented by them.

Thanks if anyone is up for some list building to help me out.
>>
>>50177218
What exactly do you plan to do with it that you couldn't do with mixing paints?
>>
>>50177182

>Confirmed

I'll believe it when I see it, but goddamn I want too. I have $300 waiting, and I'll probably spend more.
>>
>>50177307
>faeit
>anonymous sources
I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
>>50177325

I'm not, don't worry. Been playing SoB for a long time now. The last time I got excited was when they did the Facebook shit for sisters when they announced their 6th update.
>>
So is there any point at all ever to take a chainsword over a pistol when using, say, a power weapon in your other hand?

Wouldn't it literally be the same but without allowing you to shoot?
>>
>>50177364
Yup they're literally the same. A chainsword is a CCW and a pistol can be used as a CCW.
>>
>>50177364
Modeling and WYSIWYG
>>
>>50177379
God, this has got to be one of the most retarded crunch vs fluff things in the entire game.

Using a fucking chainsaw on a stick, specifically built to RIP AND TEAR through anything somewhat soft shouldn't be as flimsy as knocking someone over the head with the butt of a pistol.
>>
>>50177405
To be fair I always thought it was supposed to represent the fact that pistols are agile enough to be fired in melee combat and so aid you in your struggle.
But then using the gun's profile to make attacks is basically yet another shooting phase so counting as a CCW is probably more balanced. Can't have plasma pistols actually being good, now.

But yeah it is retarded. Luckily 40kRPG lets you properly tear it up dualwielding chainswords if you're so inclined.
>>
>>50177432
True, if you see the pistol as being shot mid-melee, it makes somewhat sense. Though even if it's obviously for balance reasons, a Chainsword having the same melee power as your fists is just silly, which works for most "standard" melee weapons without any benefits.
>>
>>50177000
Is there any advantage to playing Khorne Daemonkin if you're not actually planning on using any of the actual Daemons?
>>
>>50177230
Why did you model a Space marine with a Power Sword and a Chainsword?
>>
>>50177405

For some reason, I though chainswords were ap6
>>
>>50177223
It is
At least you can model it to lessen the cheese factor but like thatll stop people from bitching
>>
>>50177405
Its an abstraction intended to include shooting with it. In 2nd ed. Everything was differentiated, but chainsword and a few other things were compressed to make armies with larger model counts playable.
>>
>>50177506
Not since 2nd when they were -1 armor save.
>>
File: 1448562909342.jpg (38KB, 222x266px) Image search: [Google]
1448562909342.jpg
38KB, 222x266px
>>50174808
I mean Battle Congregations already come with a fortification slot built in, so technically any fortification can fit into a War Convo...

>mfw they make a single "fortification" that's a Plasma Obliterator in front of a Void Shield Generator connected by Promethium Relay Pipes to Haemotrope Reactors
>>
Are Scions good?

And, unrelated, how strictly do you guys adhere to WYSIWYG?
>>
>>50177595
As an army? Not really
>>
>>50177563

Imho, that's a good way to handle chain weapons. Give them armor penalties.

Swords -1
Chain Sabers -2
Axes -3
Fists/Evicerstors -5
>>
File: Soon.jpg (133KB, 469x600px) Image search: [Google]
Soon.jpg
133KB, 469x600px
>Whatever type of hobbyist you are – this website is for you.

>For dedicated painters, there will be loads of articles on process and technique. For the avid gamers among you, we’ll have helpful tips and tactics, and for those of you who love the background and lore of the Warhammer settings, there will be a wealth of resources and insights. You’ll find content on Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Age of Sigmar, alongside articles on Black Library fiction and Forge World news. We’ll have details for Warhammer events across the world, exclusive interviews with the people behind the models and books you love, as well as articles full of hobby content written by experts from the Warhammer Community – gamers and painters just like you.

>In all, we’ve taken everything you know and love about the blog, and grown it into everything you could wish for in an official Warhammer Community site. It’s all coming, this time next week.

>Stay posted for more news soon...

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/blog/blog.jsp
>>
>>50177595
I don't really care about WYSISYG so long as it's reasonable, like saying this Heavy Weapons team is a mortar, when it's modeled as an Autocannon
>>
>>50177636
Who's willing to bet that this shuts down fast because of people from here?
>>
>>50177616
As a unit
>>
>>50177661
I wonder if Carnac uses other forums to shit post?
>>
>>50177432
Chainsword > shit against armor, work no better than just using your fist.

Eviserator, chainsaw attach to power fist, Dread chainfist > now suddenly work well against thick vehicle armor.

Tho i do believe weapons come in different grade and quality, like the chainswords used by guardsmen are probably very shitty
>>
>>50177230
Take:
- Chaplain Grimaldus
- Full Crusader Squad w/ a Sword Brother with a power sword in a LR Crusader
- A Tactical Squad with a Missile Launcher w/ Flakk Missiles
-The Venerable Dreadnought
>>
>>50177628
Won't happen without a huge edition change. The switch to the AP system in 3rd edition was done in large part because Marines died like flies to everything when armor modifiers were around. They had a 6+ save to heavy bolters for example. The only Marines that felt tough were Termies because they rolled saves on two dice added together.
>>
>>50177699
>chainfist
Power field.

>Dreadfist
It's a fucking Dreadnought. Also power field.

>Eviscerator
I actually don't know about this one. I want to say power field but I may be wrong.

However you missed out the complete bullshit of
>heavy chainsword
>>
>>50177699
>Chainsword

Light, no power field

>Eviscerator

Huge, Heavy

>Chain-fists

Power field and heavy.
>>
How many models do you field at 1850 and what race do you play?

Guard here, 100 models and 8 vehicles
>>
>>50177673
They have a place as a deep striking melta delivery system.
>>
>>50177713
8th is coming with huge changes!
>>
I've made progress on my Deldar finally because I figured I'd do a little bit before work.

I'm down to my last 4 warriors of my first starter box, and all that's left are heads and arms/guns. The rest are all splinter rifles, but I don't know what I should do with these 4.

Should I leave them armless for now and save the heavy weapons? Should I just give them all rifles and leave a few armless from the second box? I might use the blasters for my scourges, but I could also use them blaster born.

This is harder than I was expecting.
>>
>>50177720

Sisters here

5 Immos, 2 Exorcists, 50-70 bodies give or take.
>>
>>50177736
The changes I'm talking about are ”invalidate everyone's codex and issue a black codex" type changes. Basically pulling an AoS which rumors say they are not doing. But sure, it is conceivable.
>>
>>50177720
Tzeentch Daemons

Usually 71 Jump and regular Infantry, and three FMC.
>>
I like to model mine as such.

"Sybarite" has the sword and splinter rifle so he can still be WYSIWYG if he was only a kabalite, 2 Blasters, convert the Shredder by chopping off the tip and adding the tip of the Blast pistol onto it, and 1 Dark Lance.
So it ends up being 7 Splinter, 2 Blasters, 1 Lance per box of dudes.
>>
>>50177715
Eviscerators are just fuckhuge. They rarely get modeled properly in 40k itself. And I think the Repentance style of them was a mistake.
>>
>>50177786
>Repentance
Repentia
>>
>>50177685
We may have found the answer to how we get rid of him. Unless you subscribe to the theory of him being Goulding then he may use other forums to funpost.
>>
Making a ravenwing list, haven't played in about 5 years.

Is it better to have multiple small squads or a few big squads?
>>
>>50177831
Multiple small units = squads spread out more = squads cannot be focus fired as easily = squads survive longer and can cover more ground in objective-based games.

You'll be giving away kill points more easily in cases where this actually matters, though.
>>
>>50177831
It's usually better to have smaller squads, unless you're using unit buffs.
>>
>>50177504
Found a 10 man squad on ebay with nice armors a while ago for like 15€ max, no idea why he'd put them together like that.
They look cool, so that's good at least.

>>50177701
Sounds solid. Why the flakk though? Are fliers common enough to warrant those 15 points over taking Extra Armor for the LRC?
>>
>>50177815
>how we get rid of him.
Hahaha.. no.
>>
>>50177891
>we kill the bat
>>
>>50177879
You won't have any way to deal with fliers if you don't have the flakk.
>>
>>50177212
Mediocre at best
You'll need a couple rhinos and some heavy weapons so you can get some havocs and not be foot slogging
There aren't any GW rules for chaos contempors so unless you want to buy a £50 book from forgeworld you'll have to run it as a helbrute, so all in all its fairly shit with just 60 marines, 10 termies, and 3 HQs, I mean the Walker and custodes can be converted and used as chosen and a helbrute, but both of those kind of suck
I don't even know what you could do with the sisters and Geigor outside of selling them
>>
Choosing an army, I like Space Marines and assault

Blood Angels or Space Wolves?
>>
>>50178247
Do you prefer blue or red?
>>
>8 mega force bundles

Are these the rumored Premium Start Collecting?

I've been waiting to buy stuff until there's more clarification on what these are.

Got a decent chunk of change ready if GW has black friday deals again as well
>>
>>50178247
Space Wolves do assault far better than Blood Angels could ever hope to.

Seriously, the disparity between them is laughable.
>>
>>50177218
Maybe I'm just retarded or something, but couldn't you just mix paints and write down the formulas?
>>
Why are 28mm tanks so Xbox hueg?
>>
>>50178331
Because tanks are big?
>>
>>50178247
Do you want to be average and cool or hugely overpowered and a furfag?
>>
>>50178382
>hugely overpowered
There's literally like one maybe 2 codexes that don't have crazy power builds that can beat any non WAAC build
If you stay away from wulfen and thunderwolves space wolves are just viking marines
T. an anon married to a furfag that plays space wolves
>>
>>50177661
it seems more like a return of the old webstore blog/black gobbo kind of content, as opposed to a forum.

Which I would be pretty happy with.
>>
>>50177595
My buddy was interested in playing guard. But I only had Tau and Chaos Marines. So we ended up having a crisis suit be a mortar team for him, and 20 CSM for conscripts and aspiring champions to represent his veteran squad.

It was fun wounding Marines on 2's
>>
>>50178207

Afaik, the Marine sprues come with weapons. Having both would give:

>3 ML
>3 Flamer
>6 HB
>6 Plasma
>6 Melta
>3 combi-M/P/F

Plus melee options like claws and shit.

The termies come loaded with combi bolters, 2x claws, fists, chain fists, AC, and 2 HF.

As for the Dread, I planned on using it as a hell brute, yea.
>>
>>50177736

You mean Age of the Emperor and the Lord Commander's Handbook.
>>
File: wew garçon.jpg (144KB, 800x1200px)
wew garçon.jpg
144KB, 800x1200px
>>50178672
Only the dead can know peace from this evil.
>>
>>50178672
Yep. Love it. Hope it happens.
>>
>>50178703
Yup

AoS is better than the 40k shitstorm
>>
>>50178695
I think the AoS monster rules are WAAAAY better than 40k monster/tank rules.
Also the damage+rend table is better than 40ks str and ap table.
>>
>>50178712

They both focus on shining armored protagonists, Khornate antagonists, and large centerpiece models, so we're already 99% of the way there.
>>
File: DKoK 1850.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
DKoK 1850.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Looking for opinions on this list
>>
>>50178254
Half of them are for age of shitmar, the other four are 40k guaranteed one of them is SM
>>
Got my first 1500 point game in today as Necrons against an Ultramarine Demi-Company+Raptor Wing. I was just using my Combined Arms detachment.

Ended up actually doing really well, he underestimated my double buffed Immortals. My warriors and tomb blades were able to take out his fliers and my Tomb Blades got really lucky against his Assault Marines.

The Triarch Stalker was the target of the drop pod dreadnaught but it didn't kill it so the turn after it ate a Melta shot then 20 gauss shots.

I am thinking about replacing Szeras with Obyron or an Overord with the teleporter so I could get rid of my Night Scythe.

Luckily it came in turn two, other games it hasn't arrived till 3 or 4 and it is carrying 1/3 of my points
>>
>>50178750
How about you type it out in a format someone can easily understand.
>>
>>50178771
AoS>40k on rules.
>>
File: [visible confusion].jpg (62KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
[visible confusion].jpg
62KB, 428x410px
>>50178790
>>
>>50178771
I wonder.

SM
Eldar
CSM
Orks? Tau? I'd really like an AdMech but I have doubts
>>
>>50178771
SM already have their big pack. Strike Force Ultima.

I'd say
Tau
GSC(for DEM HOLIDAY SALES BOOSTS)
IG
Eldar
>>
>>50178672
Warmaster's handbook sounds better.
>>
>>50178771
SM
SoB
GSC
TSons
>>
>>50178822
Don't think there has been a warmaster since horus
>>
GWs doesn't even have any CSM Land Raiders! Just tell me not to assault anymore, stop being subtle! SHOOTING IS FOR NERDS!
>>
>>50178827
There have been several.
It's a title assigned to the commander of a crusade but is not an official rank.
>>
>>50178822
Might confuse people, no? They might think it's Warmaster (the system).
>>
>>50178771
Pls gib AdMech.
>>
>>50178827
>http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warmaster

There's a bunch.
>>
>>50178802
What are you confused about?

AoS has a better ruleset than 40k. It's also a more balanced game. There is not one bad/weak army.
>>
>>50178772
newer Necron player here, All I have is the Start Collecting + 10 warriors +10 Immortals and three Tomb Blades.
I figured I should start with the Reclamation Legion. Any suggestions though?
What was your list for your game?
What kind of game where you playing?
>>
>>50178885
Nice shilling
Just stick to your threads aos fanboi
>>
>>50178892
>he doesn't know about the general's handbook

AoS still isn't that great but with the newest changes to it it's better than 40k. But that isn't a huge deal since 40k is literally the worst balanced and designed wargame on the market at the moment.
>>
>>50178906
Yep, this.
>>
>>50178889
>Any suggestions though?

Just, like, play what you want. Thats all I have been doing. I would say the Ghost Arks are great at higher points when you don't feel their points cost as much.

>What was your list for your game?

My stuffs still in my car so I don't have my list on hand but I brought:

Anrakyr the Traveller and Illuminor Szeras as my HQs in a unit of 10 Gauss Immortals riding a Night Scythe.
For troops I brought 3 units of 10 warriors in Ghost Arks. And I will never assemble another Ghost Ark for as long as I live. At lower points I only use one and footslog a unit of 20 with a solar staff+rez orb HQ.
I use a Heat Ray Triarch stalker because I am so damned infantry heavy.
Lastly I have a unit of 5 Ignore Cover Tombblades though I can't decide what weapons to use on them. I have been using Tesla but I know Gauss is probably better and the particle beamer is good too (or so I am told whenever I field Tesla).

>What kind of game where you playing?
>>
>>50178906
>you really think someone would do that? Just go on an imageboard and try to start shit?
report and ignore friendos
the game is about fun
>>
>>50178911

>tfw people still meme about AoS
>its shit xDD
>o-of course I haven't p-played! It's shit!
>>
>>50177745
I personally would go for blasters. That gives you the option to run blasterborn or msu warriors with a blaster in venoms.

I think scourges are better off with heat lances or haywires than blasters.
>>
>>50178906
Its still cancer
>>
Question for deldar players about the Talos: chainflails or ichor injectors? It seems to me that chainflails would be better against anything not T8, and a Talos isn't likely to catch a Wraithknight in combat. Even so, I see most people going for Ichor Injectors. Is it really worth it to fish for instant death 6s?
>>
>>50178954
>yfw one source says AoS is outselling 40k.

natfka blogspot co uk/2016/11/start-collecting-premium-boxes

>It seems also that GW sells currently more AoS products than 40K ones on a worldwide basis.
>>
>>50177745
I would recommend you put as much haywire as you can on your scourges. Other than spamming dark lances (which is so 2000-2010), it's the best you're gonna get. Plus they can still handle light infantry fairly effectively.
>>
File: Necron_Ham.jpg (87KB, 750x600px)
Necron_Ham.jpg
87KB, 750x600px
>>50178948
>What kind of game where you playing?
Sorry forgot that, Maelstrom of War - Tactical Escalation.

Final Score was 8-5, we were playing on a city table so we had some good avenues and some tall buildings on the outskirts but towards the middle was craters and lower buildings/bunkers
>>
>>50178889
I like playing massive warrior blobs, gives you a real Terminator feeling watching your robot skeltals march up the board.
>>
>>50178975

Sure, but we're talking about game balance. He didn't say "AoS is garbage even if it's more balanced" he went "Buh? Guh? AoS? More balanced than 40K? I never!".

But I'm not surprised that /tg/ is behind the times, it's par for course.
>>
>>50178885
>AoS has a better ruleset than 40k
Parts of it are better, parts of it are worse.

I'd hope they go in more of a 2nd edition direction if they must re-re-re-invent 40k, rather than latch onto fantasy again. And we could especially do without another long-standing and relatively well liked setting blowing up in the fans faces. Up the stakes, bring in some primarchs like they did in Epic 40,000, but don't scramble the golden egg, please.
>>
>>50179009

If we go back to 2E we're just going to get 3E again.

7E is practically 2E and 8E ought to be to 7E what 3E was to 2E.
>>
>>50179017
>7E is practically 2E
Not in the slightest, man.
>>
>>50178955

I really like the idea of blasters on them because they hurt everything else better. Part of me really wants to run them with Lances, though because I like the idea of having them be a long ranged mobile platform that's more durable than a ravager. However, a Ravager is still better.

>>50178995
Yea. That's what I've figured. I wish the box came with more than 1 of each fucking weapon. I mean, buying 3 more boxes of scourges probably isn't that bad of an idea.

So to recap: put blasters on my remaining warriors?
>>
>>50179029
His point was that it's fill to the brim with rules bloat, and in that he is correct.

I'm hoping a lot of legacy rules will go in 8th.
>1000 unit types and subtypes
>bikes can fire one weapon per model riding them
>walkers in general
>>
>>50179044
Oh, I suppose that's true.

Guess my point is it's just a bloated 3e, like every edition that came out after 3e.
>>
>>50178842
>warmaster is no longer used because it is seen as an ill omen
>instead they are proclaimed as the Lord Solar
>>
>>50179062
They are still called Warmaster though. It's just they are also Lord Solar, which is what they're referred to as.
>>
>>50178948
>3 units of 10 warriors in Ghost Arks.
At 1500 points that could feel pretty cheesy.

Also 2pt Ignore Cover for Tombe Blades is nuts.
>>
>>50178987
Chain flails kinda suck the only redeeming factor is how cheap they are (shred doesn't work against AV).
That said ichor injectors when you do run into a Wraith X unit, riptides, GCs, dreadknights and so on are great.
The ID on a 6 thing is just a nice bonus that you should never rely on.
>>
>>50179084
>At 1500 points that could feel pretty cheesy.
Shut the fuck up, I am playing a CAD with warriors. There are no Wraiths or Destroyers in my list. I am not using the decurion.

What is with the Autists on this site thinking anything that isn't the absolute worst way to run a unit is cheese.

I will concede that Tomb Blades do come fairly cheap with their Ignore Cover but I am only bringing five they are a fun unit.
>>
>>50178331
Because IRL tanks are Xbox hueg?
>>
>>50178331
The Leman Russ is tiny.
>>
>>50177223
I use it. Great anti tank, good vs enemy elite infantry, instant death application, works in tandem with the twin lined fusion blaster.

I don't need str 7 from the ghostkeel, I can get buckets if I need it and for cheaper.
>>
I'm an ork player here. Buggies are expensive, and I need a ton of them. Would you be upset if I were to make cutta-styled ones, /tg/?
>>
>>50179140
How do you mitigate the issue of the small blast scatter?
>>
>>50179135
40k vehicles are much wider and taller, but not as long as modern vehicles.
>>
>>50178617
I know what comes in the boxes anon I've got 2 of each, the main point is that CSM is in a bad spot and using the 30k boxes leaves a lot of gaps in your lists, namely no transports and very little anti armor
It is feasible but you will lose consistently
>>
>>50178247
Play space wolves, get the battle of prospero box and a unit of thunderwolves and you're ready to go.
>>
>>50179093
Also remember that you will usualy reroll to wound with the Ichor Injector being S7.
>>
>>50178885
If carnac is going to play AoS he might as well stay in the AoS general, thank you very much.

_____here's your (you)_____
>>
>>50179098
I wish more people played like this. I'm tired of unkillable decurion.
>>
>>50179188

Seriously not saying it to troll, it's actually how I've found it.
>>
>>50179143
The official Warbuggy is an ancient and shitty model. By all means do something different.
>>
>>50179143
>>50179219
Just how old/what edition is that model from anyways?
>>
>>50179188

OVER 60 ROCKS
>>
>>50179143

Why would I be upset with what you do to your own army? I might think they look like shit if you do a bad job, but I'd keep it to myself.
>>
>>50179098
Ghost Arks are one of the best basic troop transports in the game and since they are basically mobile artillery they crush unprepared players when you bring three of them like that.
The space marine would have needed Melta in each of his tactical squads to hope he could contest objectives.
>>
File: ork_warbuggy_1.gif (32KB, 418x351px) Image search: [Google]
ork_warbuggy_1.gif
32KB, 418x351px
>>50179235
2nd ed. It's about 20 years old.
>>
>>50179252

To be fair, the marine player SHOULD have melta on all his troops unless he's using grav or scouts instead. And why WOULDN'T a player choose the best transport for his 3 troop squads? You wouldn't footslog your tacticals or buy a Chimera for them (if that was an option) if you can get a Rhino or Drop Pod instead.
>>
>>50177854
>>50177861

Ok, here's what I came up with.

HQ

Sammael - 200

Librarian -60
-Bike -20
-Shroud -10

Elites

RW Command Squad (4) - 160
-Apothecary - 30

FA

Bike Squad (3) - 75
-2 Meltaguns - 20

Bike Squad (3) - 75
-2 Gravguns - 20

Bike Squad (3) - 75
-2 Gravguns - 20

Attack Bike Squad (3) - 135
-Multimeltas - 30

Dark Talon - 160

Land Speeders (4) - 340
-Multimeltas
-Typhoon missle launchers

Land Speeders (4) - 220
-Heavy Bolters

Black Knights (3) - 120

Black Knights (3) - 120

Ravenwing Darkshroud - 80

Total: 1850
>>
is there a mega link with all the fantasy novels?
>>
>>50179192
>>50179098
>my group used to be like this
>mfw 6th hit csm faggot would waac himself with 3 turkeys, nurgle bikes and a flying black mace nurgle daemon prince
>mfw when the armament race began and things escalated pretty bad
>mfw the chaos fag decided he liked eldar more and thought they were cool when the current codex hit, not even interested before scat spam or D madness
>mfw scatt bike spam and wraiths
>mfw my dark angel bro became a tau fag
>mfw there are like 4 tau players now
>mfw when I play space wolves without even spamming grey hunters
>mfw had to finish converting a unit of thunderwolves made from khorne juggernauts because I wasn't that much interested but I thought they were cool
>mfw now I need to get more to put up with the formations and other bullshit my group is playing now
I just wanted to forge sagas.
>>
>>50179308

You know what you must do.

Become the Grot Slayer.
>>
>>50179252
>Ghost Arks are one of the best basic troop transports in the game

Dude they are 105 points and after the first pen they go from AV13 to AV11.

They are not game breaking and if you think they are you are a shit player.
>>
>>50179308
>without even spamming grey hunters

>Spamming a troops choice is WAAC.
Space Wolves are weird.
>>
>>50179329
That also regenerates d3 dudes a turn and is open topped so they can shoot out of it
Cmon now
>>
>>50179340

He might still be stuck in 5th edition when Jaws Priest, Grey Hunters in pods, and Long Fang spam was literally the SW WAAC netlist.
>>
>>50179271
>Rhino
>better transport than a Chimera
?
>>
>>50179340
You don't know how many shit i was given when I deployed nothing but grey hunters, people acted as if I was playing wraith guard spamming back then, and deploying a long fangs unit was an unforgiving sin.
>>
>>50179282
Can you only use one formation?

You could drop a regular bike squad and stick two multi meltas on the landspeeder then put the speeder and attack bike in a Ravenwing Attack Squadron.

I also think Sammy is way overpriced and an Int chap with MoR on bike will work way better. And you will probably want 5 or 6 BKs in your command squad, the Ravenwing Banner isn't bad either.

Also if you take the Dark Talon everything is forced into reserves and you auto lose turn one.

Lastly I think pure Ravenwing really benefits from a Support Squadron at 1850 as that overwatch bubble with either assault cannons or double heavy bolters can lay down some hurt.
>>
File: 1467679876472.jpg (173KB, 808x1024px)
1467679876472.jpg
173KB, 808x1024px
>>50179340
>>
>>50179358
>thinks Chimeras are better than Rhinos

Let me guess, you still think IG are even played at all in tournaments and aren't shit.
>>
File: 1477954432467.png (369KB, 480x479px)
1477954432467.png
369KB, 480x479px
>>50179217
Good for you, but this is /40kg/, I for once don't give a flying fuck about AoS, I'm also a bitter fantasy player that sold all his shit because I didn't liked the changes, AoS might have points now but at this height I don't care about that shit anymore, I moved to a game I thought wouldn't be tainted by that shit and I hope that will remain liked that far longer than fantasy.

TL.DR. still off topic, nobody cares about AoS here.
>>
>>50179375
That has nothing to do with Rhinos/Chimeras. Hell Marines are almost always using pods instead. You want to argue pods are better than Chimeras I'd probably agree.
>>
>>50179397
I like both games
>>
I know I still have to pay the sins of the 3.5 codex, but I feel like even the 4th ed codex was better than the one we have now.
>>
>>50179397
>I hope that will remain liked that far longer than fantasy.

>AoS outselling 40k Globally
>comments of being tired of 40k from GW insiders
>Rumours of Slaanesh squatting
>FUCKING PRIMARCHS

Yeah, no, it's the 40k End Times already.
>>
>>50179356
Open-topped also makes them easier to blow up and flame templates can harm the unit inside.

Necron warriors probably won't want to charge out of them either, so that advantage is gone.

Swings and roundabouts anon - there's plenty of cheese in the Necron codex but the Ghost Ark isn't really an example, it's a good choice, nothing more.
>>
File: IMG_20160921_1437165_rewind.jpg (859KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160921_1437165_rewind.jpg
859KB, 1920x1088px
>>50179282
>>50179364 I just caught you are running four strong speeder squads.

don't do that unless it's a Support Squad with a darkshroud

More attack squads if anything. Typhoons with Grav bikers and double multi melta with Attack Bikes.
>>
>>50179421
In a Decurion the Warriors are Relentless and thus they can disembark rapid fire and then charge for loads of fun.
>>
>>50179419
I won't lie I've felt the temptation of AoS, but I like the 40k setting more and they don't have any factions that interest me in AoS yet.

what if 8th edition was cross compatible with AoS?
>>
>>50179461
Not >>50179421 but I specifically said I was using a combined arms detachment.
>>
What are the best units to summon using GSC both WC2 and WC3 versions?
>>
>>50179375
You're right, and by that logic Whirlwinds are better than Wyverns
stupid faggot
>>
I've been trying to figure out Z's email for two weeks.

Is it that hard to find or am I just that dumb?
>>
>>50179375
Now the Rhino is shit but when it costs between 0 and 35 points it's completely reasonable and even good.

The Chimera is a genuinely good vehicle in a vacuum. Too bad the codex it finds itself in isn't the most competitive, it doesn't have any absolutely bullshit formations that make it cheaper or give it OP rules, and vehicles in general are just fucked from the word go so it can't thrive at the top in the current metagame.

But worse than a Rhino? You shut the fuck up about my premium metal box.
>>
File: 1478725214367.jpg (165KB, 1099x718px)
1478725214367.jpg
165KB, 1099x718px
>>50177000
Those plasma cannons long fangs i have are gonna see more action now.
>>
Wait, does Cult Mech only have 6 units? Looking at GW's website.
>>
>>50177066

While i to did one like >>50177081 and phosphor blastered everything, i would actually suggest strongly considering leaving a few with their fists. Phosphor on the carapace, no question about that, but the fists are nice.
>>
>>50179649
Seeing 10 where I am, what area are you on?
>>
>>50179649
They're supposed to be played alongside Skitarii, which also have about seven units.

>>50179657
Kastelans already have Smash from being MCs, they don't really need the fists unless you absolutely must fuck up a heavy vehicle or deter a Knight charge.
>>
>>50179662
US?

Kastelans
Dominus
Corpuscarii
Fulgurite
Breachers
Destroyers

?

>>50179664
Then why are they not in the same codex?
>>
>>50179649
GW made a bunch of Imperial mini codexes. Tempestus Scions are similar. However, you can ally any Imperials as battle brothers. Even if you want to stay fluffy you can go Cult/Skitarii/Imperial Knights.
>>
>>50179671
>Then why are they not in the same codex?
Because GW a shit.
>>
>>50179671
>Then why are they not in the same codex?
Who knows? Why do Scions have a book when almost all their stuff is also in the guard book?
>>
>>50179649
Yea, someone thought it would be funny that way.
>>
>>50179688
>almost all their stuff is also in the guard book?

LITERALLY the only unique rules in the Scions codex are their set of orders and their formations.
>>
>>50179689
Wouldn't be a problem if they were half the price of a regular codex.
>>
>>50179671
Yeah those are right.

They'll get released as a combined one eventually.
>>
I'm trying to build a nice fluffy Star phantoms list that is still able to hold its own against other casual lists. I have no prior experience at all with space marines, so this is a shot in the dark.

I own BaC and a stormtalon so far, so anything else in my list will be added but you guys can help decide if I need it or something else.

HQ
Captain
- cataphractii terminator armor
- combi melta
- Chain fist

Chaplain
- plasma pistol

TROOPS
10 man tac squad
- melta gun
- combi melta
- missile launcher
- drop pod

10 man tac squad
- plasma gun
- combi plas
- grav gun
- drop pod

10 man tac squad
- flamer
- h. Bolter
- combi flamer
- drop pod

ELITES
5 cataphractii terminators
- 4 w 2 lightning claws
- 1 w h. flamer and power fist

5 cataphractii terminators
- h. Flamer

FAST ATTACK
Stormtalon
- assault cannon and the s7 missiles, forgot their name

HEAVY SUPPORT
Land raider
- for the 5 assault termis and captain

Contemptor dreadnought
- assault cannon
- drop pod
>>
Should I bother putting together a SoB list and start buying now or wait a few months and see how the rumours pan out?
>>
>>50179728
Try to get a fifth pod, it doesn't matter what's in it (in fact you can run an extra empty pod since you're playing a CAD) but the important thing is Drop Pod Assault rounds up, so three of your pods will come in turn one if you have five in total.

If you play an empty pod you can still be annoying with it when it comes in by deep striking it onto an objective or in the way of an enemy. 35 points isn't much but you may as well use them to their fullest.
>>
>>50179728
>plasma pistol

No. Always bad. Overcosted shit.

Either give your tac squad a heavy weap or a spec w/ matching combi. Yours are mixed terrible.

Drop Pods are also seen as cheesy, for whatever reason people prefer you play Metal Bawkses but do wahtever, they are just Tac Squads.

Landraiders are overcosted garbage and I think terminators are in the same boat.
>>
Wanted to get my fellow Admech players opinions on this list, tell me what you think.

1250 points

Cohort Cybernetica

Dominus 105 + 30 Autocaduceus

290 Kastellan Robot Maniple
290 Kastellan Robot Maniple

Skitarii Maniple

100 Skitarii Vangaurd
100 Skitarii Vangaurd

90 dunecrawler +35 Icarus
90dunecrawler +15 Tl Hvy phosphor
90dunecrawler +15 Tl Hvy phosphor

It's just meant for fun really. Most of the guys at my local shop only play 1250 point games and i wanted to try out the Cohort Cybernetica so i threw this list together. Thoughts?
>>
>>50179738
Wait to see if either the rumours are true and that they're being put in the 8th starter box alongside new xenos, or being squatted as they should be.
>>
>>50179738
Probably depends on how you feel about the metal sisters. Do you love them? Or merely like them? If the Sisters get really awesome looking plastic would you be disappointed by spending money on the current figs?
>>
>>50179754
>Star Phantoms
>not spamming pods

Come on man, it's not like he's using Gladius or Skyhammer. Cut him a break.
>>
File: Come at me Heretic.jpg (148KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Come at me Heretic.jpg
148KB, 1024x576px
>>50179769
I like them a lot, but I worry about sculpt quality as well as units getting squatted, replaced or altered, so my models aren't legal any more.

How are metal models? And how likely is what Sisters can field to change? Looking at 2 flamers a squad, from some basic list building I've already done so at least the basic Sisters squads should be okay, right?

Also anyone have that sad greentext of the metal sisters?
>>
>>50179543

Rhino to Chimera is nothing like WW to Wyvern. You probably think Devilfish are good too. There's a reason nobody takes either Devilfish or Chimeras. Hell, marines don't even take WWs either. What do they take though? RHINOS.
>>
>>50179643
So, wait, did I just get a cheap Leman Russ Executioner? I mean, with a Guardsman Special Weapon Squad with all three Plasma, or a Vet Squad doing the same thing...
>>
>>50179839
People do take chimeras over rhinos, the inquisition codex is a thing.
>>
>>50179839
>Theres a reason nobody takes Devilfishes
its because the only units that the Devilfish can hold are not units that are going to be moving

They take Rhinos because there's no better option (other than drop pods) for them.
>>
>>50179410
>Chosen, 18 PPM
>Same wargear
>INFILTRATE

I don't fucking believe it

why did they nerf chosen from 4th to 6th?

>Chaos terminators
>same everything
>1 pt cheaper

>Chaos land raider
>same everything
>like 15 or so points MORE expensive now

>cult troops as TROOPS rather than elites

>sick ass daemon weapons with instant death, 2D6 extra attacks, 24" range

>marks of chaos OPTIONAL on 110 pt daemon princes
>eternal warrior
>>
I really have to ask how and why are the Space Wolves so good?

It really seems like someone at GW is pulling for them.

Counter attack, so you can jump out of a rhino, shoot and overwatch and STILL be just as good in assault
Split Fire devastators because why the fuck not?
Thunder wolf mounts - +1S +1T +1W, rending, cavalry for 50 points
+1 Str Swords and +2 Str Axes
Helfrost - because fuck your Eternal Warrior
3++ dreads - because dreads need an invulnerable save
CCWs on troops at +2 ppm

Wulfen on their own, 2W FnP, run and charge in the same turn
Absurdly low costed weapons for them
12 points for TWO +1 str Ap2 shred claws at initiative

and the hunt/kill table jesus christ

How the fuck did all of this get in without anyone saying maybe we should tone them down a little bit?

Contrast this with what the Blood Angels, the supposedly more fierce, berserker assault chapter of Space Marines get:

Furious charge
+1 initiative on the charge
fast vehicles
heavy flamers
melta/flamer pistols

Death Company - 20 points, 23 w/ jump pack but 15 points per weapon upgrade

There really isn't any comparison, Space Wolves are just flat out better in every regard.
>>
File: IMG_8703.jpg (875KB, 3399x1963px)
IMG_8703.jpg
875KB, 3399x1963px
>>50177786
Big chain swords is a good meme
>>
>>50179754
I agree with the plasma pistol, I'll probably lop off his hand and give him a bolter.

As for the land raider, it's there because nothing else will be on the board turn 1 and I figured it'd be survivable enough to make it at least until reinforcements arrive.

The cataphractii termies are just bad ass rule of cool, and are basically straight upgrades to regular terminators. Maybe not the most points efficient but damn are they sexy.

And the heavy weps don't match the spec weps because I'm gonna combat squad all 3 tac squads for a MSU effect.

Thoughts?
>>
>>50179754

>overcosted shit

I had to explain why taking Inferno/Plasma pistols on Seraphim was a bad idea to someone who was sperging out about how great they were.

>>50179791

Been playing them for quite awhile now. The metal sisters are kind of nice because of pic related. 90% of your models as a sisters player are a single piece plus backpack, heavy weapons need the gun and pack, canoness needs pack and both arms, and Celestine has cape, sword, and pack. The bulk of your army is super sturdy. I could throw all my basic sisters into a bucket, throw it down some stairs, and the worst is have to do is put a few packs back on (ok and repaint).

The downside is that the army is very static and repetitive looking.

For list building, get at least a squad of Dominions, which is 4 Meltas, a bolter (squad leader), and an Immolator (exorcist kit). They're the best unit in the Codex because of outflank and ignore cover.

Dual flamers on the troops is fine, though I recommend a heavy flamer because even though it will kill some of the flamer targets, it will kill more things better. Also, Immolator.

Immolators get TLMM and Dozer Blades.
>>
>>50179270
Funny thing is... so is most of the eldars grav-vehicles.
>>
>>50179975
Nice, okay, might buy some. Metal models have mold lines right? How do I deal with them, metal file?
>>
>>50179987
or a sharp knife.
>>
>>50179989
Hobby knife do?
>>
>>50179996
Scalpel style can work, or snap off style wont.
>>
>>50179754
I want plasma pistols to be good.

What if the price got cut to 5 pts rather than 15?
>>
>>50179854
Doesnt work with vehicles, sadly.

Also full-plasma executioner would kill itself in 4 turns with that thing boosting its shots. And it would automiss every 3rd shot due overheating.
>>
>>50180011
Good=/=cheap.
>>
>>50180014
He's talking about an infantry squad with plasma acting like an executioner.
>>
On a level of 1 to kill yourself, how dumb do you guys think it would be to use one of those DG power scythes as a power sword in a 40k marine army that's not 30k Death Guard or Scythes of the Emperor/some other scythe related army?
>>
>>50180016
I'd take them if they were free
>>
>>50180011

They'd have to be free to be worth taking. Or all the other alternatives have to be more expensive. Even on things like assault squads you would rather just take 5 points for a flamer or leave the bolt pistol and save points.
>>
>>50180016
Well, plasma pistols would be a fine alternative to the gun if they weren't 15 each.
>>
>>50179643
Oh god those things are pieces of shit. They only work with (non-vehicle) Plasma Pistols, Plasma Guns and Plasma Cannons. Not any other plasma weapon in the game.

Yeah, nah. Go home bloodreactor you're drunk.
>>
File: 20161106_154304.jpg (6MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161106_154304.jpg
6MB, 5312x2988px
Do I sell them now or after the plastic ones come out?
>>
Looking to start a KDK army since my friend is dragging me into 40k.
He mostly plays DA and has all their stuff but I can expect Daemons, Crons and Dark Eldar.
This is purely for starting out and learn my rulebook with. I am used to using marines but I like the idea of more artillery/elite/quick support for some simple troops. I assume the Lord would run with the blood crushers.

Chaos Lord (165pts)
>Aura of Dark Glory, Axe of Khorne, Bolt Pistol, Juggernaut of Khorne

Bloodcrushers (245pts)
>Banner of Blood, 5x Bloodcrushers

2 units of Bloodletters (80pts per)
>8x Bloodletters

Forgefiend (180pts)
>Two Hades Autocannons

2 Skull Cannons (125pts per)

1000/1000

I am making this out of 2 start collectings and a Forgefiend but will definitely be adding on until at least 1500. A heldrake and some bikers are at the top of my wish list.
>>
>>50180035

Sell them now. There is no way to lose by selling them now and you only stand to lose by keeping them.

If plastic never comes? They would still sell for around the same price.

If plastic does come? Their price will drop because why bother with ugly metal shit.
>>
>>50179982
no way, i guess the kit has aged well then because they still look good
>>
>>50180032
1 shot at half range.

>>50180011
If pistols had one shot in melee instead of the nonus attack they'd do a bit better.
>>
File: OldReliable.jpg (82KB, 713x1041px) Image search: [Google]
OldReliable.jpg
82KB, 713x1041px
>>50179987

They do, and they're very annoying. I usually use a small file.

Also, here's a list that I've been more or less playing for 4 editions now.
>>
>>50179982
Well, there's not much to improve on those honestly. They're kits that have aged well, but I guess it would be nice if they tweaked them a bit. Maybe give more head options for the pilot or something.
>>
File: 6j3w3m.jpg (213KB, 1599x1066px) Image search: [Google]
6j3w3m.jpg
213KB, 1599x1066px
>>50179982
True. But on top of being amazing Jes Goodwin designs they don't have highly visible, badly modeled crew. Ork Boyz themselves are only a year or two younger, but they pivotally are part of the completely redesign of every ELSE in the range by Brian Nelson. The Warbuggy is a mediocre model which comes from the age of Orks like Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka here.
>>
>>50180035
see >>50180049

If the plastic comes out and is well supported then you have to wait for nostalgia fags to want to work with the shitty metal sisters they had been stuck with for decades.
>>
File: white dwarf 216.jpg (92KB, 600x825px)
white dwarf 216.jpg
92KB, 600x825px
>>50180052
>>
>>50179918
>no bullshit champions of chaos rule
>better psychic powers
it feels really bad that the codex that "broke" chaos is stronger than the current chaos codex
>>
>>50179270
Non 40k player here.
Is that thing the oldest model still being made by GW? I think there might be some fantasy things but I ain't sure.
The damn bats are a contender
>>
>>50180106

Those VC bats are amazing you shut your fleshbag mouth.
>>
>>50180090

>the hover tank is soon to be 20 years old

Holy shit
>>
>>50180090
damn, now i'm really curious how old the eldar range is.
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (28KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault (3).jpg
28KB, 480x360px
I NEED THOUSAND SONS LEAKS

I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT BLOODBOWL
>>
>>50180157
no new rules for thousand sons

magnus rules to come in a WD

expect a daemon prince level of stats, but with ML4

no eternal warrior
>>
>>50178406
>You're living the dream imo
I've wanted to get my SO into 40k just so we can run DA and SW because we're both "both"

>>50178839
ye plz gib robuts GW
>>
What are the least interesting factions to play?

IMO:
1) Tau (regardless of the meta) - Pretty one dimensional (Shooty and campy) without a whole lot of room for strategy - Ghostkeels and Stealths and Crises are fun

2) Necron - Kinda the same thing as Tau, but with unique HQs and some fun units (pariahs, destroyers, bikes)

3) Nidz or Orks?
>>
File: 1463200238309.jpg (323KB, 1280x859px) Image search: [Google]
1463200238309.jpg
323KB, 1280x859px
>>50180162

>not ML5
>>
>>50180039
Damn dude if you like artillery why are you playing KDK?

Your friend looks to be playing some mean armies judging by the faction. So if you're looking for optimization, khorne hounds are better than bloodcrushers. But it works fine as long as you're not facing a lot of S8 stuff

I like skull cannons a lot, high strength ignore cover can't go wrong and will fuck up DA and Deldar pretty nicely.

If you can switch the Forgefiend for some bikes or spawn, that would be nice

The bloodletters are unlikely to do any real damage to your friend's armies, DA and Deldar will just move away from them and crons will look at them with any unit in their army and make bloodletters disappear, so their only purpose will probably be objective holding.

Overall it's still pretty decent, AV12 is pretty durable at 1000 points so I think you've got a good base here.
>>
>>50180162
Nice try, but a new codex is confirmed
>>
>>50180196
necrons, guard, tau. any army that can sit in a corner and do nothing but shoot all game
>>
>>50180197
>ML5
>on anyone at all (except arguably Ahriman)
>>
>>50180217
I have never fought another melee army

Ive always had to charge a static gunline
>>
File: cat1993p482-00.jpg (71KB, 831x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cat1993p482-00.jpg
71KB, 831x1200px
>>50180106
Nope. I believe that honor goes to the Phoenix Lords, who made their first appearance back in the 1993 Citadel Catalog. Jes Goodwin is a god.

As far as I can tell "Vampire Bats" show up in 2000.

http://www.solegends.com/citadel/catindex.htm
>>
>>50180226

>Arguably Ahriman
>Not fucking DAEMON PRIMARCH MAGNUS
>>
>>50180196
Space wolves, the way I play it

I run a fuck ton of thunderwolves and wulfen with stormshields and every game I pretty much just run everything forward and pray for stormshield saves, if I run into something I can't punch to death I just flip over and die.
>>
>>50180226
err Kairos*
>>
>>50180196
why don't taufags ever play batshit hyperaggressive tau with breachers, outflanking drones, and piranhas?
>>
>>50180203
if a new codex really does come I expect a copy paste job like KDK was
>>
File: 1463114756684.gif (3MB, 550x230px) Image search: [Google]
1463114756684.gif
3MB, 550x230px
>>50180231
i'm sorry anon, you've been missing out on some of my favorite parts of 40k. my favorite moments are forcing the enemy to get into combat or risk being unable to keep me from sweeping into him.

i had a game with my slaanesh incursion against the death company detachment where we both knew who ever got the charge would easily sweep the enemy, almost like chess. scouts take objective, prince destroys scouts, prince smacked by death company.
>>
>>50180245

Kairos is a little better, but I'd argue that neither head would be capable of being ML5, but he's still two ML4 in one body, which I'd argue is more powerful than a single ML5
>>
>>50180252
Because it crumples to a stiff breeze.
>>
>>50180196
Orks may be bad. But they're fun bad.
>>
>>50180252
Namely because I don't own those models. I bet it'd be a blast.
>>
>>50177212
>I'm getting both HH sets Soon that I want to run as CSM.
Why CSM and not just HH Traitor Marines? A legion like the Word Bearers openly worshipped Chaos and the Legion lists are much better than the CSM Codex. You can use 30k armies in 40k games so there should not be a problem.
>>
>>50179760
Yeah, god forbid we have a cool, well rounded army in 40k.
>>
>>50180217
But at least necron and guard can play aggressively and in your face. Hell guard even have choices as far as what they run (mech, horde, armour, arty, etc)

Tau really can not
>>
>>50180252
Once upon a time Tau kinda did, with the "Fish of Fury".
>>
>>50180265
it can't crumple that badly to mid-tier or low tier codexes

breachers are crazy

>>50180269
I've thought about getting into Tau before, but drones seem really hard to buy unless you either buy old "pro painted" gun drones off ebay or 12 USD MSRP for a two pack of drones. How exactly are you supposed to field that drone net?
>>
>>50180265
>that feel when you love glass cannon vehicles that everyone underestimates

i can't help but love the seeker chariots, burning chariot, vypers. gotta love that risk vs reward. not to mention they're usually cheap throw away units
>>
>>50180252

Because Taufags are all WAAC faglords.
>>
>>50180263

I used to assault shit with my non-flying Sisters because they could rend in melee, and NO ONE EVER SAW IT COMING.

Hell, I still do because they make decent tarpits and come with bolt Pistols.

>tfw assaulted Grav cents with 20 Sisters

we had a nice tea party for 4 turns
>>
>>50180290
Stop making me nostalgic for FoF of all things...
>>
>>50180162
Primarchs are already tougher than DP, why would a DP Primarch be weaker?
>>
>>50180294
Because you need to buy a transport that costs as much as they do.
>>
>>50180339
because he turned his back on the emperor
>>
>>50180294
You get 2 drones per fire warrior/pathfinder box, and 3 for a Crisis suit box, vehicles have their own drones, too. They really add up after a while.
>>
>>50180281

Because I want to run them as an offset of Thousand Sons who were loyal to Amon and 30k doesn't exactly support that atm.

Also, as much as I want to play 30k, the rule books are confusing, and the rest of the mandatory models are expensive as fuck.
>>
>>50180351
>turning your back on a skeleton

ok
>>
>>50179760
>sisters
>starter
>literally who? Right now as an army
>when space marines exist.
Better prepare for maximum disappointment
>>
>>50180352
if you are just starting out and want to field a drone net though it isn't so good
>>
>>50179760
I doubt it. Space marines have been in every main edition starter box since ever
>>
>>50179643

>8th ed drops
>All Ork Kustom Mega Weapons get defined as Plasma weapons.
>Kustom Mega Kannons firing large blasts

hahahhahahahhahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>50180262
Of what?

>two new types of plain rubrics confirmed, melee and shooty

>terminator rubrics confirmed

>Rumours of Tzaangors

What do you think will be copy and pasted, daemons? Sorcerors?
>>
>>50180426
I won't believe it until I see some models beyond the blurry sprue and magnus they teased a while back
>>
>the good looking CSM Sorcerer is coming back for Made To Order
Fucking NICE.
>>
>>50180234
I wish they'd update the Phoenix Lords. I'd love to see a more dynamic take on them. Because the current ones are so old they look very "blocky" and static, probably because they're molded in just 2 pieces according to your picture.

I know they're pretty much irrelevant but I'd love to see new ones. I'd also really like to see an update for Drazhar (the old one isn't bad but his codex art makes him look much more sleek and nimble) and Vect.
>>
>>50180455
There's a healthy level of scepticism, then there's this.

They confirmed that there's going to be new, plastic Thousand Sons units outside Magnus, ON VIDEO, and you still don't believe it?
>>
>>50180472
literally where did they say this?

they said plastic sons and showed a sprue. We couldn't see the details, but it looks new.

We've seen a ton of pics of magnus, box art, etc.

They haven't revealed anything else as far as I know, and if there have been leaks, I haven't seen them.
>>
>>50179757

I'm not gonna get any feedback on this am i?
>>
File: Dude.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
Dude.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>50180483
>they said plastic sons and showed a sprue. We couldn't see the details, but it looks new.

>where did they say there's new plastic units?

Anon have you ever been tested for mental retardation?
>>
>>50180504
I don't check their facebook page very often and they don't post this stuff on their youtube like they do other announements (for some reason...?)

please don't bully
>>
>>50180464

Which?
>>
File: gw-99060102112.jpg (89KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
gw-99060102112.jpg
89KB, 920x950px
>>50180521
>>
>>50180527

Ah ok. Yea, that's a good one, but

>plasma pistol

It hurts.

Where's the news that its coming back for the on demand?
>>
>>50180534
The pistol hand is a separate piece. Trivial to replace.
>>
File: Cookie.jpg (81KB, 536x510px) Image search: [Google]
Cookie.jpg
81KB, 536x510px
>>50180518
Confirmation of new plastic Thousand Sons units were in the video you were talking about. You even mentioned the blurry sprue and called it a new plastic TSons.

Then asked me where was the confirmation of new plastic thousand sons units.

Also Alliralli, calm down.
>>
>>50180534
not to mention he has a bolt pistol behind that book
>>
>>50180527
hrrrngh
>>
>>50180534
http://spikeybits.com/2016/11/metal-daemoettes-return-gws-new-mto-chaos.html

New Products on sale 19th November:
• Emperor’s Children Lord
• Chaos Space Marines Sorcerer with force staff and plasma pistol
• Chaos Space Marine Khorne Lord
• Daemonettes on Steeds of Slaanesh (box of 5)
• Daemonettes (box of 10)
>>
>>50180542

Oh good. That's fantastic.

Wtf do you even give a sorcerer?

>>50180550
>gee billy
>>
>>50180549
even assuming the one sprue is a two-in-one kind of kit, where are the rubric terminators you mentioned?
>>
>>50180542
>>50180557
yup
>>
>>50180556

I knew about the 'Nettes, but not the others.

Fuck, that's going to hurt. I'm mostly tzeentch, but those fucking 'Nettes/Seekers. My wallet is crying.

Ugh, that Khorne lord and the Sorcerer, too.
>>
>>50180575
Those are through reliable rumourmongers, like Lady Atia.

It's not quite GW showing video, but still.
>>
I haven't played for a long time, can someone clarify the rules on wound allocation for me regarding a vehicle squadron please:
>2 vehicle squadron, side armour 11 rear armour 10, hp 3
>shooter is in the rear arc of the nearest vehicle and side arc of the second
>4 shots, assault cannon, all hit, assume each roll to penetrate does so.

So obviously the first vehicle is buggered, no saves or anything, but how would you go about rolling it? Do you have to roll each of the hits one at a time to see what it does and then when you've taken out the first tank you roll against the side of the next?. I'd assume that's the proper way of doing it.
>>
File: 1335.gif (2MB, 348x323px) Image search: [Google]
1335.gif
2MB, 348x323px
>>50177000
>people seriously expecting a full sigmarisation of the game
Then GW wouldn't had released the FAQs(wich were mentioned to be included in their final version in the new edition rulebook), you nerds are righteously paranoic, but the new CEO isn't an imbecile like Kirby, we'll probably get back to 4th edition like streamlined rules, making the game anew in middle of FW HH campaign will be too much of a trouble at this point, let's wait and see before we run in panic like beheaded chickens.
>>
>>50180556
holy fuck, that slaanesh lord is fucking awful
>>
>>50180613
Nah, only about 50% AoS-ing.
>>
Have the starter sets ever not had Space Marines? Sisters in a starter set would be silly considering the idea of the the starter set is to hook new players. And what army is easier to paint and collect for than marines? But who knows maybe we'll get Sisters v. Daemonettes starter box for Christmas.
>>
>>50180637
Dark Eldar vs Sisters.
>>
>>50180637
>And what army is easier to paint and collect for than marines?

Necrons.
>>
>>50180652

This was rumored a very very long time ago.
>>
>>50180637
I don't think so. Marines vs. Orks, Marines vs. DE, Marines vs. Nids, Marines vs. Orks, Marines vs. Chaos.
>>
>>50180655
Popped up again then.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/327684-possible-8th-edsob-rumors/
>>
>>50180654

Is that why half my local game shop is Crons?
>>
>>50180632
To be fair most AoS is bad 40k ruling anyways, they'll probably streamline very few elements to be a barely noticeable change.
>>
>>50180556
Gonna be spending a lot of money this paycheck. Bring back Doomrider pls.
>>
File: ganon wants it.jpg (76KB, 1920x1080px)
ganon wants it.jpg
76KB, 1920x1080px
>>50180556
shit, and here i was foolishly trying to save money

>>50180609
i'd resolve it against the rear only since pens affect the squad.

>>50180637
marines are the big seller. while sisters would draw a lot of attention (metal for decades) idk if gw would dare to put them in the spotlight that hard
>>
>>50180671

Well they're also a very strong army which specializes in extreme survivability. The fact that you can paint their core forces with a rudimentary knowledge of drydrushing is just an additional bonus.
>>
>>50180683

Kitbash/Convert your own, old Doomie was not a good model.
>>
>>50180685
I read somewhere a third or so of all kits sold in the US are tactical squads

not sure how accurate that is, but it sounds reasonable enough
>>
>>50180685
A starters without marines would be a refreshing change for once, I mean if you want marines just get any of the HH sets, both BaC and PB are pretty good.
>>
>>50180695
A Slaanesh CSM warband has always been something I've wanted to do but CSM have been such a poor army for years and the kits are in serious need of an update. Make a proper noise marine kit already GW.
>>
>>50180655
>>50180667
>>50180652
Oh, god yes, please. I could split that with a bud of mine.
>>
>>50180721
Marines are crazy ppular around the world, the AoS is outselling 40k is a bad meme bece nowadays new players are like the kids in toy story, they prefer buzz lightyear over some WoW ripp off(yes age of sigmar went from kinda original fantasy setting to WoW wanna be deal with it)
>>
>>50180721
Sounds about right. Probably explains why it only costs 40 bucks which is one of the lower price points for a box that contains an entire core unit in it.
>>
File: noisemarinert.jpg (29KB, 316x351px) Image search: [Google]
noisemarinert.jpg
29KB, 316x351px
>>50180737
Still the best
>>
>>50180755
Warcraft was a ripoff of Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
>>50180756
honestly even sternguard, which are more than twice the price of tacticals are not that bad

>reaper, about 8 USD per fixed pose metal model
>Sternguard, 10 USD per multi-part poseable model with a ton of optional parts, blind, and weapon options, fully compatible with other kits

>reaper bones, 2.50 USD per model
>GW box of five cultists/guardsmen, 2.00 USD per model
>>
>>50180767
I can never find these guys on eBay. Hope they get made to order.
>>
>>50180767
>accidentally shooting fingers off during guitar solo
>>
>>50180782
>believing this meme
>2016

Go back to /v/
>>
>>50180784
Counterpoint: One monopose metal character model you only need one of from Reaper is 8 dollars. One monopose Finecast character model only need one of from GW is 25 dollars.
>>
File: Bean.gif (2MB, 320x240px)
Bean.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>50180809
>>
>>50180805
Any sensation is a good sensation to a Noise Marine.
>>
>>50178313
And what happens when one of those paints is discontinued? That's what he's worried about. If he uses the tints to make custom colours and they bomb so he can't buy more then he's got a problem.
>>
>>50180823
yeah the single models are a really bad value comparatively

>large monopose model, would be about 15-16 USD from reaper
>33 USD from GW

it is also offset slightly by volume

>like 5 or 6 reaper models for an adventurer party and a baddie or two
>48 USD

>a hundred guardsmen @ 2-3 USD each
>200-300 USD

>>50180903
this could happen with any color of any brand. If such a thing happened surely he could see if Vallejo sells any similar colored pigments.
>>
>>50180782
Yes it is, but AoS is a bad copy from an even worst copy, that's why a good part of /tg/ hates AoS.

Yes, Wow is worst because their stupid over designed shit became the basis of AoS
>>
>>50178991
>Believing anything in Faeit212
>the "source" is some random person that heard it in a shop.
Be less retarded.
>>
>>50180667

Oh shit.

I recently started Deldar. All of my. Want if that old rumor actually holds merit.

>tfw everyone and their mother will be playing SoB because of the starter set
>>
>>50180252
Because aggressive Tau with all suits is way better.
>>
>>50180922
I wouldn't pay more than 2 bucks for a chunky looking plastic Cadian anyways. Those sculpts must be 15 years old by now.
>>
File: Not sure.jpg (49KB, 600x720px)
Not sure.jpg
49KB, 600x720px
>>50180961
If they even get an update and plastics, I already have my army theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drGx7JkFSp4
>>
File: images (3).png (8KB, 383x384px)
images (3).png
8KB, 383x384px
>>50178991
>not lady atia
>not sad panda
>"my uncle works at Nintendo" tier rumour from some AoS forum
Might as well go to BoLS to get your bait anon, you don't even deserve a single (you).
>>
>>50180991
Either that or girls just wanna have fun (with a melta).
>>
>>50178991
Do you get your daily news from The Onion too?
>>
>>50180985
I'm sure they're from 2003. Old Cadians were still around in 2002 and the new ones were out in force in 2004.
>>
So should I wait to see if plastic sisters isnt a meme? I kind of want to start a sisters kill team with my SoS and some of their shit.
>>
>>50181045
It's your money.
>>
File: 1425263318703.jpg (121KB, 576x396px)
1425263318703.jpg
121KB, 576x396px
>>50181021

>a melta
>one
>mfw

>>50181045

Yes, though you can't ally in a KT.

Also, even a SoB KT will cost a pretty penny.
>>
>>50181055
I'd proxy them for more sisters
>>
>>50177000
>Post Links to Back Up Your Rumormongering Edition

Several people did it last thread, don't just ignore that shit.
>>
File: emperor class.jpg (124KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
emperor class.jpg
124KB, 650x823px
Anybody know where this is from and if there is a bigger non-calender version?

>>50181045
You got two choices. Either you spend a huge amount of money on SoB metals. Or you wait till March and see if the tripfag is right (he was about several things so far, think he's German?).

The only other option you have is buying proxies from Grashnak, Raging Heroes or Wargaming Exclusive (or whatever it's called) and using those.

Personally, I'd wait and save up more money and hope it isn't a meme. Then bathe in the glorious tears, rage and hype of /tg/.
>>
>>50181045

SoS are a good unit just to have as a cheap anti-psyker squad. They will never be useless GW suddenly makes psykers unplayable.
>>
>>50177364
>>50177405
Chainswords should have AP6... maybe AP5?
>>
>>50181142
I could wait till March. Probably going to take that money and get Bloodbowl since I just saw it was confirmed for pre-order this weekend.
>>
>>50181175
I'm interested in Bloodbowl, I'd never be able to play it, but I hope the Lizardmen models aren't the god ugly ones they used to have.

I'm mostly hoping for Amazons.
>>
>>50177000
>>50181188
>>50181188
>>50181188
>>
>>50181067

Yea, that might work. Use them as Celestians since KT is the only place they're actually decent because the +1A/Ld might matter.
>>
So one thing that stung me badly when 6th came out was the changes to Power Axes when all power weapons got unique stats.

I'm not wanting them to have no drawback, but unweildy makes them useless when you can just take a powerfist for a few points more.

I want axes everywhere on my space wolves, but don't want to fuck up my combat ability.

They are great for guard and other I3 models because you're likely going last anyway.

How would you change the stats of a Power Axe to make them more usable yet balanced?

Sorry if I come across as a WAAC faggot. I don't want to have some sort of insane optimized lists.
>>
>>50180465
>>50180234
Speaking of Phoenix lords, I'd like to see the Round 2 of the Striking Scorpions's phoenix lords fighting. Karandras versus Drazhar, the rematch.

I forgot, what's Drazhar's real name again? Ahri?
>>
>>50181273

Make them not!two handed, ie they don't get an extra attack for having 2 weapons.
>>
File: no.gif (2MB, 240x196px)
no.gif
2MB, 240x196px
>>50180556
>Daemonettes on Steeds of Slaanesh (box of 5)
>mfw I only need 1 and don't want to pay for 4 extra, yet want that one

Well, I guess I can sell the extra ones later...
>>
>>50181302
I guess that works as a drawback, kind of like specialist weapon but without the luxury to buy 2 to get the extra attack back.

Throwing ideas out, maybe drop the +1 strength for +1 strength on the charge only. Keep AP2.
I'd take the above drawback too to keep it at initiative.
>>
Hey guys just bought 10 GK terminators to get my army started I need advice on what to get next
>>
>>50181316

So would literally everyone, moron. It's literally a better power sword with +1S on the charge. Never mind being better than a lance which basically does the same thing.

Anyway, +1S Ap2 is a deal and needs a drawback. Maybe just make it -1I instead.
>>
>>50180162
Nice no-proofs you got there mate. You probably should read rumors about TS new units before spouting shit.
>>
>>50180782
Well it was not originally rip-off per se. They were going to make a Warhammer game but complications arose and they decided to make their own game in the last moments. Thats why the game feels like Warhammer a lot.
>>
>>50180252
I do nigga
and i lose all the time but irl anti tau faggots still get triggered
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.