[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a leshy in my campaign. One of my players decide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: jakub-rozalski-art-leszy.jpg (399KB, 1655x827px) Image search: [Google]
jakub-rozalski-art-leszy.jpg
399KB, 1655x827px
There's a leshy in my campaign.
One of my players decide he wants to turn the obviously evil creature into a good one.
What would be a good ritual to do so?
(lore doesn't have to be very similar to the witcher one; the only things established so far is that it's an evil forest spirit bound by druids ages ago who just escaped its magical prison)
>>
>>50174336
From stories I remember from childhood, forest grandpas were just slightly fae and "REEE". I wouldn't call that "obviously evil".
>>
>>50174336
>turning people good with rituals
I never thought i would say this but check the book of exalted deeds.
>>
>>50174336
I'm not familiar with the witcher lore, but I'm not sure there is a way to turn a leshy into a genuinely good person. It's not that leshy is some kind or irredeemable demonic force. He's just an asshole.
He does not eat babies. Instead, he charms people so they get lost in a couple of trees, scatters hay bundles, sleeps with village girls (mostly consensually). A trickster spirit.
At best, leshy turned good would stop his pulling his more deadly pranks, but still would be an asshole.
It's possible to strike a deal with leshy, of course. Hunters offer him bread and drinks to ensure a good hunt, and shepherds left a cow in the woods every spring so leshy would watch over the herd and return lost cattle. And some of the village girls later returned from the woods, carrying treasures. Leshy also loves to play games of chance, so he can be forced to do some labor on a bet. But that's it.
>>
>>50174656
Oh, and they hate each others with water spirits, vodyanoys.
>>
>>50174511
Maybe now it's evil because something happened way before it was imprisoned. Maybe some kind of curse?
>>
>>50174656
Leshies in the books aren't expanded on beyond a quick reference iirc (i.e. Geralt name-drops them in a sentence when he's explaining witching to the silent girl in the first book) but Leshen are in the third game and they're absolutely NOT mischievous, they're nasty-ass REEEE-dryads that rip people to pieces with tree roots.
Near indestructible, highly predatory, aggressive and utterly inimical to other sentient creatures in their territory, leshen are apex predators.
>>
>>50174656
>>50175275(me)
Leshies in folk tales are closer to what you say and are essentially similar to seelie fairies, while you could turn an unseelie leshy into a seelie-analogue one they'd simply become more restrained in anger, they wouldn't become nice per se.
>>
>>50174336
What does that mean? What is good? What is evil?
>>
>>50175295
As with many slavic creatures you just need to respect them. When you enter the forest in which leshy lives you must leave a gift for him. In most cases alcohol, milk or some sweets will suffice. Unless the leshy of this forest is a real asshole. Than you'll need to punch him in the face.
>>
I only know the Leshii from a Hellboy comic, where he comes off as a "fuck everybody but much trees" sort of grizzled bear-man who only helps HB out because Baba Yaga wants Hellboy's head on a platter and the Leshii hates the Baba Yaga.

I don't vidya so I missed out on the Witcher, which was apparently awesome.

Gimme the rundown on actual Leshii folklore and what it's like in the vidya.
>>
>>50175384
"Fuck everybody but MUH trees"

He doesn't start going full doge on Hellboy, that was a typo.

"Wow very red right hand. Much doom. So Anung Un Rama".
>>
>>50174562
God that book was a shitshow
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.