[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it autistic to want my character to leave the party (effectively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: CpxtXPC.jpg (61KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
CpxtXPC.jpg
61KB, 539x960px
Is it autistic to want my character to leave the party (effectively rerolling), just because he wont achieve his goals with them/don't agree with the rest of the parties ideals?
Or should I just play till I die, sort of ruining the character I created because he won't really come to fruition
>>
>>50164740
Not at all, switching characters because they don't gel with the party's motivations and goals is the sensible option in this scenario. To add to that if you're not having fun with that character even if they do fit, it's the right move to look at finding a new character.
>>
>>50164740
No. Let them leave.

Talking from experience, having a character stay with the party after it has been made extremely clear that they aren't getting along and will never do, will only lead to either ugly PvP or your character getting completely derailed so he can fit the story. Roll a new one and have some actual fun.
>>
Not at all. Fifth-wheel characters are only tolerable when it's intentional and everyone is in on it, and a bored player is a red flag no matter the situation.
>>
>>50164740
One of the key assumptions the GM will make when planning his game is that the players will make characters who can work in a party. They don't need to get along like a house on fire, character conflict is a good thing because it builds depth, but if a PC can literally walk away without breaking character, something is wrong. There needs to be SOMETHING connecting them to the party.

But that's fine. You've already made the mistake, amending it is the necessary step, and one you should ask the GM if you can take.
>>
>>50164890
>>50164915
Alright, Ill see what I can come up with
>>50164948
The wierd part of this equation, is the party has very few players, so effectively alone I am still half the party.
>>50165012
Here is the backstory, my character is travelling the world looking for stories and clues. He wants to discover what truths can be found from children's storybooks. He is fascinated by how two cultures half the world apart, can come up with fantastical stories that refer to the same place. So he thinks there may be more to them.
The thing that previously tied me to them was the party members being interesting enough to study them. One of them contracted vampirism and I used notes I written and followed him, etc.
>>
>>50164740
You're asking if you should roleplay in your roleplaying game?

Yes. Yes you should.
>>
>>50166712
You know what the OP asked? Not what you just "answered", shit-for-brains.
>>
>>50168086
If it isn't in-character for his character to stay in the party, then it's just good roleplaying for his character to leave.

If you're going to bump an hours-dead thread, at least don't do so just to be a faggot.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.