[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imperium Asunder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 36

The Doctor creates another thread edition
Previously on Imperium Asunder >>50061704

This is a 40k alt-lore thread with new legions to replace the old ones, new xenos races in addition to the old ones, and a bunch of other wild shit , new posters are always welcome.
Want to find out what the setting's deal is? Check out our wiki.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperium_Asunder
The wiki is still not as up to date as we'd like, feel free to post questions/clarifications/ideas

Thread Prompt: What music does your primarch enjoy and what kind of instrument would he play? Ignore whether or not that type of music would still exist by M31/41.
>>
>>50159133
Any requests for a short story? Participants, theme, location?
>>
>>50159133
>What music does your primarch enjoy and what kind of instrument would he play?

Aodhán:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf71gy3uME4

For real though, he probably has a pretty snobby taste in music. Chopin, Rachmaninoff, etc. It's not the kind of music he'd sing, but he'd listen to it.

Anshul:

Relaxing meditation shite.
>>
>>50159247
Fear and Loathing in New Constantine.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>50159133
Rollan for legion to write joint operations with the Arms of Asura for.
>>
>>50160459
Welp.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>50160459
The Negators tend to get a lot of love on these things. Maybe this reroll will be something more original?
>>
>>50159247
Roll two legions and write some fluff for them interacting.
>>
>>50160032
"Burn the witch!"
"Don't let him escape!"
Eli ran. He had made several mistakes in his life, but he knew this would be the worst of them. He had survived from the quake.

Eli lived in the largely desolate seabed, where they mined salt and stone for a living. Quakes were rather common in the area, yet this one was rather powerful, and had almost caused him to be crushed under the surface.
However, the tremor ended, and as he had opened his eyes, the tunnel was filled with rubble... Except for the spot he was taking cover at.
For hours he dug, with his bare hands yet the stones and the bedrock were crushed like clumps of clay. Furthermore, despite having air only for a few minutes, he survived to the surface, where he was seen crawling out through solid stone.
His former comrades took up their arms, hatred and fear in their eyes. Eli knew he would die, but he was afraid: Afraid of the pain, afraid of what would come after... But most of all, he was afraid of death itself.
So he ran. He ran to his home, took his cheap revover and continued running. The others had vehicles yet he avoided them, always aware of the danger, always able to take cover when the shotguns roared. He truly was a witch, a gestalt Psyker, and he grew increasingly afraid of himself.
>>
Rolled 20, 17 = 37 (2d20)

>>50161718
Eli finally reached the old mines. The abandoned tunnels gave him the chance to hide, and hide he did.
He could hear fellow miners looking for him. He heard the water dripping inside the room he hid in, the scurrying of the rodents and his own heartbeat.
He checked his gun. Six cheap bullets, a trusty frame and a strudy handle. It would serve him well if bad came to worst. He hated the thought of shooting a friend, but his mind was clawing at possibilities, fractions of a chance to survive.
Minutes slowly crawled past, and his thoughts were of despair and glimpses of false hope. Quietly he waited, gun in hand and tears in his eyes as what he knew would be his end approached.
It was then that they found him. Five times he pulled the trigger, and pressed the hot barrel to the side of his head.
"That's right. You are all here."
The sixth shot rang and silence fell over the old mines.
>>50160968
Rolling, going with legion numbers.
>>
>>50161923
>Iron Hearts and Knights Exemplar
Well, this will be interesting.
>>
buump
>>
>>50164660
Write something senpai. Should the Illithyd be native to the webway or somewhere else? How should they interact with other factions?
>>
>>50165002
It's me of course.

Why are all the groups I make purple?
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>50160532
Yeah, I think I will.

I'll probably write for both the original result and this new one.
>>
>>50166186
Looks like it's the Scions.

>>50165002
Either the Webway or they could be Warp entities like the Enslavers.

Oh, by the way, was it ever decided where Kashaln dueled Anders? Was it on Luna, toward the end of the Heresy?
>>
>>50166375
Neato
>>
>>50159133
I love the diamond watch shit. Is it unfinished?
>>
>>50162021
Awaiting this. Will be good.
>>
>>50159133
Any updates ?
>>
>>50167540
I'm readying a mega update for when I have all my RL projects out of the way.

Also, should be dub the 13 Great Crusades Eternal Crusades instead, to differentiate them from THE Great Crusade? They're considered the most notable wars of a singular Crusade Eternal, much as the Hundred Years War is actually a bunch of other conflicts lumped into one big category.

Finally, yesterday I made up a dude called Severan Roth as the current Lord Regent of the Iron Hearts, ruling in Rubinek's absence. I imagine him as a grim, practical, and belligerent man, more concerned with warding his borders than furthering the wishes of the Imperium, and quietly insistent that he is merely keeping Rubinek's seat warm for his liege's eventual return. How do you guys see this figure being?
>>
>>50159133
Let's give it a shot:
Valdor looked over the vox-thief report he'd just made. This was his fourth revision and he still wasn't satisfied. He could have logged every moment and fragmentary thought and still feel the report inadequate, but as it was, he'd have to trim it massively to get it off to Terra via encrypted Astropathic relay.
The problem, he supposed could all be summed up in that day on Tepectitlan, the construction of administrative buildings and record halls continuing even as the sky split and the vehicle of the gods themselves descended. As he stepped from the Stormbird behind Faustus he was struck by a sense of familiarity, like a strange tableau of the Imperial Palace on Terra rendered in stone and simple iron tools. If the Emperor was the eagle-lord with the lightning bolt, here was an odd echo, the other side of that weather cult. Facing Faustus, Valdor, and their retinues of Oathsworn and Custodes decked in Lunar silvers and Terran golds, stood the lord of Tepectitlan with his own retinue bedecked in quetzal feathers and jade, bearing the sigils of serpents, lightning, and jungle cats. Valdor had been struck by this new Primarch's presence. Not the 'post-human dread' so often spoken of by mortals, after all, Valdor had been created to stand besides his master, the Emperor. No, it was that this lord of a city of stone and mud-brick, who had recently invented iron and the astrolabe could stand and watch these newcomers with an air not of shock, but one of curiosity, as if visitors from the sky were a regular occurrence here and he wondered what service he could render these newest visitors and what news they would bring him of affairs beyond his world. More surprising were the mortals, who stood by their lord and reacted with that same calm curiosity. Valdor was amazed to see a particularly tough looking soldier clad in a quetzal mantle and wearing the head of a jaguar as a helmet sizing him up. The whole scene was preposterous.
>>
>>50167865
The eternal crusade is already the single campaign the crimson warhawks have been fighting since the heresy.
>>
>>50167926
And then this lord of a world barely advanced from savagery lead them past new watermills of his design to his palace, with that same simple elegance as everything else they had seen on this world.
Xun Tohilcoatl had taken the news that he was one of 19 Primarchs created by the Emperor to bind humanity together and thus must depart Tepectitlan to join his legion and campaign across the stars with that same quiet curiosity, evincing only mild surprise at the scope fo his new duties. Valdor thought that perhaps there had been a miscommunication, but then the Primarch asked about the administrative structure of the Imperium and began to issuing orders to integrate his world into the larger Imperium.
Valdor enclosed a pict capture of the Iterators and Munitorum Personnel's reaction to the cadre of palace officials Xun had assigned as their partners mostly because he thought it would give Malcador a good laugh.

But then on the Stormbird back up, the questions began. Xun began to ask what it was, how there was light inside it, what made it fly, how the ships stayed in the air, how they traveled the distances between stars so swiftly, what Faustus' role in all this was. It was the first time Valdor had ever seen Faustus smile.
And he remembered how Xun wept with joy when he saw Tepectitlan from orbit.
Faustus had tried to seal himself in his chambers to prepare for the Hrud campaign, but Xun had bombarded him with questions about Hrud phisiology, the Astartes creation process, the technologies of war and empire, and a thousand other such matters until Faustus had assigned him a selection of Mechanicum Magi and Techmarines, Genomancers, Logisticians, and experts on the social sciences to get a moment's peace.

The news that humanity was not alone in the universe did not overly surprise Xun, though it took him a while to understand that Servitors, Mechanicum Adepts, and Astartes were considered human. And that perhaps is where the real trouble started.
>>
>>50167865
I dont think there has been much confusion between the Emperors great crusade and the 1-13th great crusade.

The reason it doesnt fit too well calling it the eternal crusade is that, that name implies a continuous effort and cohesion that does not exist. Most of the crusades are out of opportunity or necessity rather than motivated by space patriotism. In addition they are fought by various parties (not all crusades have the same belligerents) with their own goals and means. While yes, often they are operated by a single leader chosen from the forces this is not a matter of loyalty but of effective command.

Eternal crusade fits to what the Crimson Warhawks conduct which is a 10000 year old guerilla war. They fight together with the sole objective of weakening the Dark Imperium, killing arch traitors, and one day reclaiming the galaxy in the name of the Emperor.

Ave Imperitor!
>>
>>50168082
>Xun Tohilcoatl had taken the news that he was one of 19 Primarchs created by the Emperor to bind humanity together and thus must depart Tepectitlan to join his legion and campaign across the stars with that same quiet curiosity,

Consider rephrasing. This is a big ass sentence that kind of loses meaning in the middle.
>>
>>50168082

Faustus, with typical directness, had announced that the Hrud Campaign was to be one of extermination.
"Forgive me, but on Tepectitlan, wars of extermination were always a last resort, they require far more effort and the fruits of such a victory are seldom preferable to a negotiated peace. Can not we just remove their will to fight?"

"If you capture a Hrud, then you may try negotiating with it."

This choice of response proved unfortunate, as Xun either missed or, more likely, ignored the sarcasm and declared that when Faustus next took samples, he would join him and see that he took some alive.

This had caught the Oathsworn off guard, as Faustus' habit of research had been a closely guarded secret, or so he'd thought. In reality, Valdor thought to himself, it was just wild men like Sarco who never picked up on it. Faustus was not nearly so discrete as he thought himself.

And so Xun had captured a live Hrud leader and taken it for interrogation and an attempt at negotiation.
Though Valdor had been at Xun's side since he left Tepectitlan, Xun made a point of inviting Valdor to the meeting. Valdor still wasn't sure if it was a purely friendly gesture or if Xun had figured out that Valdor reported directly to the Emperor and was making a statement. Likely it was both-- Xun seemed genuinely to enjoy the company of other post-humans and valued the insight of the Custodes.
At first, Valdor had feared that they had another Kor on their hands, but Xun was far colder than Kor. Instead of a warm greeting and a declaration that he 'came in peace' as Valdor had heard Kor do so many times, Xun opened the discussion bluntly, even tactlessly.

"Why have you attacked my father's Imperium?"

"It is our migration", it said.

Xun cut it off. "My father's Imperium has recently incorporated the human worlds in this sector, and we are oathsworn to seek justice for them. If you join with us as friends, then we will seek justice for you too."
>>
>>50168293
And I'm getting rather sleepy, going to go to bed, but the basic idea is that from here, Xun tells the Hrud that he'll work to make peace and keep the order like when two kingdoms were warring on his homeworld and he deposed both kings and both prospered under his aegis. "There was no Chu and there was no Han, but the people prospered".

The Hrud looks at him like he's crazy and says "no, you idiot, Hrud migrate every so often, it's Hrud nature. They stir up trouble and regenerate the galaxy by making war. It's who we are."

"So you are at the mercy of your instincts? We have a story about that== the scorpion and the frog.
Moral is that the scorpion was a weak idiot who couldn't overcome his foolish urgings and doomed himself."

The Hrud have a similar story and the moral is that you can't ignore what you are.
Hrud says something about their nature being given by their god.

Xun says that any god that constrains their development is a daemon and a burden.

Hrud says they are what they are
Then they'll die as they are.

MIND CRUSH.

Valdor is like "Crisis averted"
But then Xun broadcasts an offer of clemency to any Hrud that submits to the Imperium and behaves as a loyal human citizen would. None do, but Xun says that he's going to offer it to any Xenos. Valdor is "Good luck with that. The galaxy is full of Hrud." Xun "The ritual matters"
The nice paired climax with this is going to be Xun having a similar conversation with a recalcitrant human leader and doing the same thing before exterminatusing the planet.

Meanwhile Xun starts hangs out with Faustus and starts experimenting with ways to block the entropic field. It works, but Valdor worries because Faustus basically says "Ok, so see what we're doing right now? Never tell the mechanicum. They'd have a fit."

Valdor concludes that maybe Faustus should be allowed to return to Luna so that way he stops setting a bad example.

>>50168130
Oh dear gods, yes, I should do that.
>>
Hey OG Fist guy here, meant to reply to all that stuff in the last thread but i missed it so i'll just post here. A few points i wanted to make.
>Marcus and the emperor didn't get along 100% great, they both were openly friendly but marcus being aligned so heavily with the mechanicus was a point that made the two off them nervous about each other.
>There's something of a myth around marcus being found/ meeting the mechanicus before he met the emperor
>point of contention i saw in the thread about tank marines or heavy guns infantry marines. they use both

>Yeah I'm trying to write the sequence of events that lead to the FoM becoming so ingrained with Mars that the Tech-Priests are fine with being one and the same.
>My general intent is that the FoM modify themselves to work better with machines - a marine might replace his arms to be a better devastator, a tank operator might literally wire himself into his tank, ect. >Dreadnaughts would actually be rather rare because so many marines would be little more than full-conversion cyborgs.
>Or maybe with the whole nerve damage thing Dreanaughts would be relatively common but we already have the Undying Scions for that.
>Thoughts?

Perfect! Great! You're totally on the right track, Dreadnaughts still exist in the legion but they're somewhat rare just like you said
>>
>>50168720
>The sequence which led to the FoM becoming 1 in the same with mechanicus was post-heresy meeting called the council of titans.
>One of the topics was where to house the mechanicus that survived, under whose jurisdiction would they operate, who would fund them, etc etc etc.
>The Fists had always been close, and saw an opportunity to get 2 seats on the council (the Legion held a seat, and the Mechanicus held a seat).
>So they opted to offer all the aid required, do all the hardwork essentially, but gained the mechanicus under them.
>From there they have had varying degrees of separation.

Raydon as always has my back but it's important to say here that while that's very true the mechanicus and fists were already working together pretty closely beforehand, marcus spent most of his time on mars while not crusading and in fact in there when the war on terra begins.

Last thing to say is that i read all your posts and loved it, great job i can't wait to see you do more
>>
File: BalthasarBornhold.jpg (38KB, 300x418px) Image search: [Google]
BalthasarBornhold.jpg
38KB, 300x418px
Posting this again because why not.
>>
WHy thank you; I was worried I was going too far off base. I know the genesis of the FoM-Mechanicus is going slowly as is their love of Tank warfare but I want to break with the whole 'Primarch develops a mode of warfare on his planet and then his legion copies it.' I liked the idea of a Primarch changing in response to the Great Crusade.
With that.
>- The first challenge for the III Legion came upon the world of Damasca; a once prosperous Hive World that had been overrun with the Ork menace. Marcus only knew vague things about the green skinned Xenos and attempted his usual methods of misdirection and bedlam spreading.
- This went poorly; lightning raids were bogged down in tides of Ork flesh and the lines of supply that Marcus so loved to target were virtually nonexistent. The end result was a near routing of the marines on the field and the Duelist-Captain of the III Legion calling Marcus a coward for using such methods. Enraged and insulted Marcus came close to striking him only to be halted by a rebuke from an Enginseer. The Tech-Priest reminded him that only a fool blames his tools for the results he brings.
- Chastised and humbled Marcus initiates a series of rapid scouting maneuvers and discovers the fractious nature of the green skinned Xenos. By setting up Imperial landing zones around the horde he draws them away from one another, each seeking to fight for himself. The ambushes cut them down and within the month the planet was safe for human habitation once more. In fact the planet is grateful enough to Marcus that they give him the remains of an STC for a Heavy Battle Tank. Marcus delivers it to his Martian Allies and he and his Legiomn bask in the acclaim.
>>
File: 1476131118314.jpg (2MB, 1598x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1476131118314.jpg
2MB, 1598x1000px
>>50169117
After this successful action Marcus takes his legion back to his home system and quickly repurposes its infrastructure to suit his legion’s needs. Schools are rebuilt to accomidate a curriculum heavy in physical activity, deprivation, and mathematics. Streets are made to fit line upon line of Space Marines and the other worlds in the system are called upon to begin production of his newly discovered heavy tank. IN secret the Tech-Priests balk at this decision but the eyes of the Iron Hunter are enough to keep them quiet.
It takes Marcus nearly three years before he is happy with his system – in that time the original culture of the III Legion has been replaced with one of beleaguered administrators – the demands of rebuilding an entire system have taxed the minds of the III Legion even as their rank swell with new blood. The rangy, dusky sons of Taris Sinister are a far cry from their aristocratic, swordsman predecessors. Despite these divisions the legion thrummed with new life. It demanded action.
So it was given. The Gorgon System to the far north was closest. So Marcus cast his hunting knife in that direction and led his Legion straight into the crossfire. The Gorgon System had been at war for nearly three hundred years. It had been become a game played by far removed generals by clone soldiers in the trenches and in orbit. Marcus injected himself and his legion straight into the warring factions, attempting to target their orbital defenses and force them to the negotiating table. Instead the space station he was on was remotely detonated and he was presumed dead. In his place the Forge-General Ruiz Alahambra took overall command and began a grueling campaign towards the protected inner planets, intending to capture the isolated inner world of Medusa-Sigma.

Sorry about the formatting on the last post; I don't know what happened.
>>
File: Nooo-Meme-Darth-Vader-04.jpg (63KB, 640x349px) Image search: [Google]
Nooo-Meme-Darth-Vader-04.jpg
63KB, 640x349px
>>50168899
Everytime.
>>
>>50169117
>Duelist-Captain of the III Legion calling Marcus a coward
Thats a paddlin'

>a rebuke from an Enginseer
Thats a paddlin'

>>50169488
>>50169117
Im really enjoying this more enlightened group of Primarchs - this theme of logisticians and strategists.

I like the foil its providing more 'simple' Primarchs who just want to do the small stuff, fighting, tactics, inspiration, and such.

Bravo team.
>>
+++Astartes Aegis Funerus Recognized+++
+++Welcome, cleric of the Funerary Guard+++

>Opening report: Xenos Minoris: Designation: Illithyd

An alien race inhabiting the webway, the Illithyd are an enigma. No recorded sightings or evidence exists of them before 450.M39, yet their technologies and structures indicate an old race, perhaps even rivaling the Eldar in age. The Illithyd have been observed to feed on the brains of sentient for nourishment, leaving their bodies to waste. Though unconformed, it has been speculated that the Illithyd are powerful psykers, as they are capable of turning members of other races into mindless thralls in a short time span. The capture of thralls is important to Illithyd reproduction, as they insert their young, in tadpole form, into the nasal cavity and through to the brain. Once inside, the young Illithyd will consume the brain and merge with the host's nervous system. After several weeks the host's flesh will become purple and their head will mutate into a cephalapoid form.
>>
File: brain_eater_by_trufanov-d5hglgk.jpg (117KB, 900x1237px) Image search: [Google]
brain_eater_by_trufanov-d5hglgk.jpg
117KB, 900x1237px
>>50169857
These new Illithyds will carry on traits from their hosts. It has been observed that psykers that undergo such a metamorphosis will be a pale indigo color rather than the dark purple of the rest of the species.

The Illithyd were first observed in 450.M39 during an expeditionary crusade into Warzone Tempestus by the 3rd Vigilant Armada. At first believed to be an especially mutated group of chaos wirshippers, this theory was soon disproved when it was seen that the Illithyd destroyed any and all chaos shrines and artifacts in their territory.

>Mind Flayers
The Mind Flayers were once a chapter of the Arms of Asura traitor legion, but disappeared from Dark Imperial records in M39. Illithyd hosts wearing armor matching the description of the Mind Flayers have been spotted around Warzone Tempestus, usually close to known Eldar launch points.

+++Xenos Designation: Potentially Useful+++
+++Standing Orders: Capture if possible, destroy if necessary+++
>>
>>50169488
Marcus led his troops the surface and began drawing troops from their trenches, playing elaborate calls to confuse and misdirect them while the newly dubbed ‘Foeblade’ tank reaped a horrific tally of kills. Five tanks were deployed. A world was conquered within a week. With Medusa-Sigma taken that left the heavily defended world of Medusa-Gamma and finally the divided hive world of Medusa-Alpha. Forge-General Ruiz, eager to atone for his failings led strike team into the flagship of the enemy forces and, echoing the deception of his Primarch used the Ship to get into the Orbital Base and take it.
From there it became a slaughter. With space supremacy his Marcus was able to deploy his troops anywhere on the planet with relative impunity. He dismantled the regiments fighting on the planet within a week and finally his troops were on the door of Medusa-Alpha and the far removed generals were no longer quite so confident now. The revenge of the III Legion was terrible – one in four boys were taken and forcibly inducted into the legion. Every major political or military figure was made into a legion serf and had their hands removed.
Finally the system was pacified and its goods now flowed into the armories of the III Legion. Ancient plasma weapons were handed out to the veterans of the campaign and the Gorgon-Pattern Plasma Pistol would become standard equipment for the Legion thanks to their dominion over the system.
>>
>>50167304
They stood face to face. Jurgil of the Broken Blades and Ragnok of the Iron hearts. Leaders of their own battlegroups. Sworn enemies. Old friends.

"Two centuries since we last saw each other, isn't it Jurgil?" Ragnok asked in place of a greeting.

"Two hundred and seven years to be exact, Traitor", Jurgil answered.

They glared at each other, blades drawn, as bolts and plasma flew past as their troops faced each other in combat.

"Brother against brother, friend against friend... Cruel irony, this existence of ours", Ragnok said, raising his sword.

"You are no longer the friend I once knew! I will crush you, and bring bring vengeance to your befouled kind!" Jurgil roared, as a stray bolt glanced off his pauldron.

"Such hostility. You never change... Always with burning conviction, and unbending resolve", Ragnok stated, smiling.

"And you are arrogant as always, spurred on by your will to prove yourself the righteousness, or lack thereof, of your choices!" Jurgil growled.

They stared at each other for a moment before charging, locking their blades together. Sparks flew as the power fields rejected each other.

"Goodbye, friend", Ragnok whispered.

"Goodbye, brother", Jurgil answered as the duel began.
>>
>>50169953
>Removed hands
Brutal
>>
>>50169953
Cool.

I can imagine that a number of Medusan Marines may have betrayed Marcus during the Heresy and sold him out to Gengrat as revenge for his first campaign.

Maybe they'd later form one of the warbands of the modern Behemoth Guard.
>>
>>50171154
I'm not sure how I feel about them actually joining the Behemoth Guard, but I do agree it'd be a sweet backstory for traitors Fists. The Hands of Gorgon?
>>
>>50169953
After this the planet of Zodiac II was brought into compliance with the hunting squads of the Legion were used and the enemy forces, such as they were, were beaten easily. However due to the gradually worsening state of the legion they were forced to stay for nearly a year while Marcus attempted to cure the Painless Wasting. During that time they turned Zoadiac II into a paragon of industrial organization – roads criss corssed the planet, vast trains were commissioned, and everything vaguely resembling disorder was burned. In an effort to forstall the process vast augmentic limbs were ordered and constructed on the planet with the majority of the legion losing their arms overnight.
The next world conquered was the Rigant system – the power swords of the legion were almost universally discarded in favor of the noble Bolt or Plasma pistol as their new, mechanical hands robbed them of the dexterity that they once had. The legion grumbled as they brought the worlds into complance that they were less than men now. Marcus however realized that the unique nerve damage of the legion made their bodies unusually receptive to augmentic surgery as the body was less likely to reject the synthetic nerve tissue. He began experimenting with the few Dreadnaught chassis onboard and the lone few Marines who had lost all sensation.
These ‘Cerberus-Contemptor’ pattern Dreadnaughts were for their time revolutionary – the entire body was removed and the brain and nervous system were enmeshed with the machinery of the chasse resulting in a near perfect fusion with the benefits of superior armor with the cost of being more expensive. Using these now fanatically loyal marines as his honor guard Marcus and his forces took the heavily defended Forge-World of Birmingham. The vast treads of enemy tanks were stopped by vicious plasma fire and the heavy tread of Contemptor Dreadnoughts.
>>
>>50171154
One idea I'm working towards is that the modern Fists of Mars are just as much from Gengrats Gene Seed as Marcus'. During the crusade Marcus was the one to help the early BG get their tanks and when Gengrat was found the two legions worked well together - Marcus' focus on splitting up the enemy and running them down worked well the the BG's love of big guns.
>>
>>50171170
Another idea is to play with the idea of the Mechanicus splitting apart - the FoM is in control of one splinter faction because they took the loyalists from Mars and carried them to Forge Space.

I also want to work in the Tech-Heresy that showed up on the 1d4chan page.
>>
>>50171170
Maybe the Gorgon Preservers?
>>
>>50171208
The Hands of Gorgon parallels the name of the Fists of Mars. Plus, there wouldn't be much to preserve anymore.
>>
>>50171228
True; maybe give them an emphasis on terror tactics and orbital warfare?
>>
>>50171236
Or its that too similar to the Void Lords?
>>
>>50171154
>>50171170
Bonus points if they remove their hands like the Fists did to their people, replacing them with bionics.

When they raid a Forgespace world, they kill everyone but the children. One in four are taken as potential recruits while the rest have their hands chopped off.
>>
>>50171457
Bionics possessed by daemons!
>>
>>50171550
Daemons of Hashut.
>>
>>50171557
Shit dog, that's fantastic.
>>
>>50171198
>modern Fists of Mars are just as much from Gengrats Gene Seed as Marcus
nope
noooope
NOPE
NOPE
>>
>>50171681
I missed that the first time around. That seems like a pretty bad idea. The Fists are massive faction, one of the few loyalist to stick together as a legion. They wouldn't need to use traitor genestock.
>>
>>50171154
>>50171170

>The Hands of Gorgon
The first new blood to enter the Fists of Mars Legion in the wake of Marcus' rise to leadership were drawn from the subjugated worlds of the Medusa system. Torn from their families and homes, many of which were put to the sword, these recruits were initiated as a form of penance on the behalf of their words, subjected to a regime of training and conditioning that would be considered harsh even by the standards of other astartes. Marines culled from the Medusan worlds were often bitter and insular as a result, and Marcus quickly realized that the actions of his Legion had given rise to something of a divide in its ranks - many original Legionnaires and recruits from Taris saw their Medusan brothers as inherently inferior and often expected them to constantly prove their worth, while the Medusans were often similarly ill disposed to their comrades, possibly in reaction to this view. Marcus was a pragmatist, however, and he could not deny the effectiveness of the Medusans. Their fervent desire to prove themselves and the deeper sense of loyalty to one another they shared made them ideal soldiers in many instances, suited for fighting in the most grim and debilitating of situations. As such, though he often wrestled with the appropriateness of the decision, Marcus continued to recruit from the Medusa System, though being careful to ensure that those drawn from these worlds remained a minority. The decision weighed heavily on the Primarch, and it is known to few that Marcus intended to repair the damage these recruitment programs had done to the cultures and people's of the Medusa System once their input into the Legion was no longer a cruel necessity, after the Great Crusade was won.

Developing their own internal legion culture, the Medusan Fists valued endurance, temperance, and unquestioning service. They made the most bloody charges and held the most exposed of positions. At some point, it became common practice in
>>
>>50172140
Got more? You kind of cut off in the middle of a sentence.
>>
>>50172140
primarily Medusan companies for Marines of distinction to have their hands removed and replaced with bionics, a practice echoing the brutal punishment enacted on their home worlds by their parent legion. Internal views on this ritual were mixed - in some circles it was seen as a sign of redemption and honour, representing the fact that the Marine had atoned for the sins of their ancestors. In others, it was a symbol of distinction, a reminder that they were of Marcus but not of Sinister.

Tellings of the Great Heresy highlight the betrayal of the Medusans, who were rallied in great numbers to provoke the Mechanicus schism on Mars and eventually take to the battlefield against their own brothers, but it is often forgotten that many Medusan companies remained entirely loyal. The majority, however, worked with Gengrat Vannevar to achieve Marcus' demise, united under then-Captain Golivant Karn. According to legend, Golivant himself was instrumental in Marcus' crippling at the hands of the Daemon Primarch Gengrat. As they battled, Marcus was thrown to the ground, battered and bloody, and Golivant appeared to offer his hand and help his Primarch to his feet. Instead, the traitorous captain crushed Marcus' remaining flesh-and-blood hand, dealing his unsuspecting liege a grievous injury. Though he was purportedly dealt a mortal blow in return, Golivant's grim work was done, and the wounded Marcus was overwhelmed by Gengrat. Golivant would be presumed dead for the better part of the next thousand years by loyalist scholars, until he reappeared as a Daemon Prince of an obscure god known as Hashut.

The Medusan traitor faction studies under him to this day, one of the many splinter warbands aligned to the Behemoth Guard, taking on the mantle of the Hands of Gorgon, in remembrance of a great city of the Medusa System that was levelled in its entirety long ago. The Hands are devotees of the forge god Hashut, and many consider themselves devout Asurans,
>>
>>50172298
conceptualising Hashut as the prime ideal of permanence and durability. The Hands of Gorgon are less concerned with constant flux as the primary doctrine of the Behemoth Guard is, but the transmutation of lesser substances and forms into greater, more enduring ones. They see their fall to Chaos as such a process, and this love of permanence extends further than the nature of their faith. The Hands of Gorgon retain their ancient hatred of their brothers from Marcus' geneseed, and as such are one of the most prolific and commonly encountered warbands in Segmentum Tempestus, often raiding worlds claimed by the Forgespace, butchering and maiming their people in mimicry of the fall of Medusa and taking their young as future Hands of Gorgon. Their techno-sorcerous alchemies have produced an array of horrifying weapons that serve as a telling sign of their presence in a warzone. Bolter rounds consecrated with transmutational ichors petrify and gradually turn to inert iron the flesh of those they strike, and sorcerous flame weapons transform living foes into lifeless metallic statues in an instant. Their sorcerers too are practised in these arts, scouring their victims with curses of inanimate metal while granting their allies the strength and durability of tempered steel.
>>
File: Mind Flayer 40k.jpg (89KB, 400x587px) Image search: [Google]
Mind Flayer 40k.jpg
89KB, 400x587px
>>50169921
>>
>>50169857
>>50169921
Coolio.

Mind if I tweak the discovery date to much earlier? I intended for a bunch of illithid like creatures to be running the Calixis sector during the Great Crusade and it seems silly to have two not!illithid races.

It could be that at the time people thought they were a materium species only found in that area, or maybe even a bunch of mutants, and nobody encounters them again for ages.

Also I'm toying with an 'Amaranthine Guard' for the Scions. Basically a chapter that only guards Amaranth's system and certain worlds that are key to reaching it. They rarely show their faces, are generally taller and bigger than most Astartes, seem to age slower, and other powers often accuse them of hoarding unique technology. Of, course, the reality is that they're given this stuff because Sarco knows Big E's corpse is on Amaranth and he wants the force devoted to defending it to have unique shit that potential renegades wouldn't have. Why are they seemingly a little better than most Astartes? That could be any number of things, like secret Oathsworn remnant projects, geneseed blending, or even Sarco ordering that Emps' body itself be used as a genetic template.
>>
>>50172751
>>50172751
>Mind if I tweak the discovery date to much earlier?
Go ahead. I like it when things mesh together like that.

>Amaranthine Guard
I like that concept a lot. Perhaps they could be rolled into the Funerary Guard? They both have similar names and roles of defending the Vigil. Would they be like knockoff custodes or grey knights?
>>
>>50172834
Also I just realized that I called them an enigma and then went on to explain, in detail, their reproduction habits.
>>
>>50172751
Have we established who conquered the Calixis sector? If not, it could have been a joint operation between the Scions and the Arms, as per your roll.
>>
>>50171681
Well okay; scrapping that.

During this battle the augmentic limbs of the legion continue to pose challenges, especially when the defenders deploy EM disruptors, forcing a young Scout named Haller Zima to launch a lightning raid against the enemy command center wearing nothing more than rags, armed with nothing more than combat knives. During this the legion began cursing their ‘Martian Fists,’ as the augmentics did not reverse the general degeneration of the nervous system and proved to be sensitive. However no other solution provided itself so Marcus instead insisted that the limbs be better shielded next time, much to the grumbling of the Enginseers.
This time the III Legion formally claimed Birmingham has a mustering world and took one in every 8 boys of age. After this point the legion’s combat doctrine evolves to focus on small groups of infantry being used as a precursor for heavy armored assaults. Scouts become common as individual Marines become focused on overcoming their deficiencies. The lack of a proper martial culture or a proper culture in the legion begins to show strain as different ships are integrated into the fleet and commands from different sides of the galaxy rub one another the wrong way.
>>
>>50172834
Cool.

I imagine the Funerary Guard as being a thing independent from the chapter structure, existing as attaches to successors, and being active in that they go out into the galaxy to root out tech Heresy and keep the old lore alive. These Amaranthine Guard guys are, officially, just the chapter in charge of guarding Amaranth and its surrounding systems.

Whether they're knockoff custodes or grey knights, genetically speaking, can remain a mystery. But they're essentially doing the custodes' job because Sarco is having a ten thousand year mope about how he can't trust anyone but his own sons anymore.

>>50172973
Kek. Well, we all know how mindflayers reproduce, it's no big secret.
>>
>>50173204
fgsfg dropped muh trip. Tablets are the work of Nurgle.

>>50173173
It was part of a multi sector campaign against a big xenos empire. The Second Sons, the Storm Hammers, the Negators, the Warp Raiders and the Crimson Warhawks had dudes there. There could have been others. I think it may have been before Anshul was found though.

I think the Arms and the Scions should get a defensive operation, since they both did that.
>>
>>50173261
Perhaps against the resurgent Eldar Empire? They don't seem to be up to all that much - maybe the orchestrated an attempt to reclaim long lost territory.
>>
>>50173196
However this simple pacification would have terrible consequences; data recovered on Ryza indicated that there was an STC fragment located on the far flung world of Accatran, a world once more overrun by Orks. However before they could get there the fleet was ambushed time and time again by the Eldar; their nimble fighter made mockeries of the cumbersome and III Legion ships while the more agile Crimson Warhawk ships easily evaded and picked apart the attacks. Marcus gratitude grows tenfold in the wake of the void conflicts and by the time they reach the Forge-World of Accatran Raydon is deeply amused to find his cargo hold swelling with the infamous ‘Foeblade’ heavy tank.
The war against the Orks on Accatran was a quick, brutal affair. Marcus’ newly formed Masters of Signal division manipulated the Orks into thinking that the legions were mustering on another planet in the system (an effort compared to getting a child to follow shadow puppets) and instigated a civil war amongst the Orks, even going so far as to sell some of them faulty Plasma weapons which would later explode. During this short campaign the III Legion earned the respect of the Crimson Warhawks; when the two legions parted ways with was mutual thanks and approval.
After this the Legion is called to Terrodyne – the Sire of the Behemoth Guard. Marcus, thanks to his discovery of the Foeblade STC was called upon to assist the Mechanized legion so he did. In his wake he left orderly, neat worlds with standard measurements and equipment. The beginnings of Forge-Space had been lain.
>>
>>50173596
The Eldar only got their shit together in M39, long after the Heresy.
>>
>>50173204
>Sarco is having a ten thousand year mope about how he can't trust anyone but his own sons anymore.
Sarco is in a coma, Guilliman style. He hasn't moved since after his duel with Aodhan.
>>
>>50174390
Oh, I thought it was more like super paralysis, and he could still communicate at great difficulty, but not move in any meaningful way.
>>
>>50174537
Sometimes the legion's psykers will be able to communicate with him, but it's quite rare and they only do it when it's absolutely necessary.
>>
>>50173672
Good stuff.

I'd originally envisioned Marcus and Gengrat being at odds, but it definitely works with Nu-Marcus.
Question though-- what about the Behemoth Guard's take on the machine cult?
>>
>>50174637
The BG is always at odds with AdMech so I feel that at first Marcus is the one who goes out of his way to supply them so for a while the two work well together.
However as time goes on I see Marcus and Gengrat developing a toxic Obi-Wan/Anakin relationship.
Gengrat feels that for all of Marcus' work he never makes anything new while Marcus feels that the longer Gengrat works alone the less rational he sounds.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

PROMPT:
an Illithyd infiltrator has been captured in X legion's home territory. Roll for the Legion and write how they react to this development.
>>
File: 1406699842255.jpg (89KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1406699842255.jpg
89KB, 500x484px
>TFW I have less and less time to read these threads and are starting to lose track of what's going on
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>50175305
>>
Yo Sarco, what do the Scions think of mutation and wizard tricks pre-Heresy?
>>
>>50175799
Psychic tricks are cool and all but mutations are dangerous to humanity.
>>
>>50175100
I like it. I'm going to do up a pre-Gengrat Behemoth Guard campaign alongside the Judgement Bringers, probably pre-Enoch.
Then one late in the crusade after both primarchs are in, probably shortly before the heresy, idea being to provide bounds on how weird shit gets.
Then do you want to do a pair of BG FoM campaigns to look at the relationship between their primarchs?
>>
>The Khamrul Incursion
Several years prior to the trial of Nikaea and the return of Sarco Funerus to the front lines, the Khamrul Incursion was a relatively brief conflict fought over the densely vegetated Death World of Khamrul. Though relatively sparsely populated and sporting a coating of thick jungle flora too persistent and dense to civilize, the planet possessed an abundance of sweeping mantle scars, some plummeting downward for several hundred miles. The rare minerals available for mining here made the world a prized asset despite its relatively low population, and numerous colonies populated primarily by laborers had been established at key points on the surface.

Khamrul's colonies became gravely imperiled when an flotilla of xenos mercenaries, paid for by Archon Syreus Voellech of the Kabal of the Emerald Talon, transitioned out of the Warp on the edge of its system and began ravaging the three populated worlds of it's star's orbit. Uncharacteristically, the Archon's forces were less interested in living prey than in one of Khamrul's mineral resources (which one, specifically, remains unknown), and the world's population was able to issue a scrambled Astropathic distress call upon the void, which would be soon enough received by the nearby Imperial Scions defense outpost Blackhelm.

A marginal element of the legion currently cycled out of campaigning alongside the Emperor with the majority of Funerus' sons, the Scions still made haste to intervene, sending out a call for nearby forces to assist them in ousting the xenos threat from Khamrul. It was the relatively fresh legion of the Arms of Asura that answered the request, diverting a full three battalions from their defensive stations to Khamrul, an action spurred on by the fact that, being used to mining operations in humid jungle environments, many men and women from Anshul's homeworld of Ravana had been drafted into the colonization efforts on Khamrul by the Primarch's own decision.
>>
>>50176207
By the time the Arms of Asura had arrived in-system, the Scions had established a beachhead for operations in the void, using the emissions from Khamrul's volatile twin-dwarf star to prevent the full, overwhelming force of the enemy fleet from engaging them effectively. The brief void battle that followed was supremely well coordinated, the newly arrived Arms of Asura fleet splitting into small battlegroups to draw off the majority of enemy vessels, allowing the Scions to push through the severely thinned planetary picket and make landfall on Khamrul's surface. As in space, the Scions formed the initial fortifications that would allow the converging Arms of Asura forces to make full use of their later landing. The majority of Arms of Asura forces landed within the pacified zone that the Scions had quickly turned into an impromptu mesh of fortifications, including Anshul himself, while several companies equipped for harassment operations made planetfall in several key locations on both sides of Khamrul's equator. The ability of the Imperial Scions to establish a virtually impervious defensive formation from which to extend the campaign while the mobile assault companies of the Arms of Asura identified and (when able) negated key targets across the planet proved initially highly successful, though tensions would soon arise concerning the aims of the campaign and the players involved. As Anshul began to assign more of his main force to the task of harassment and precise target elimination beyond the main landing zones, concerns began to arise among the Scions that the campaign was not progressing expediently despite this, with very few solid military gains made - instead of holding ground, Anshul's sons were rescuing colonists where possible and securing resources that would otherwise have gone to waste, and while all agreed that preserving the Emperor's people and the Emperor's possessions was a goodly endeavor, it was not ousting the enemy.
>>
>>50176338
Compounding this was the prevailing view that the battalions accompanying Anshul were 'green', having relatively recently been inducted into the legion from Ravana's population, and were therefore among some of the least experienced Space Marines presently in existence. Another issue were the Oculus Tertium, the sensory mutation possessed by many of these newer recruits (but not Anshul himself), most commonly appearing as a third eye situated on the forehead, the center of the collar, or the palm. Anshul himself, who rarely wore full battle armour, gave the impression of a statesman and a thinker rather than a warrior, and while his foresights were appreciated, many in the Scions' command chain noted that he seemed to spend more time in meditation than at the fore of battle.

The Arms of the Asura, conversely, found the Scions' inflexible and overly grim, and rarely approved of operations where the sons of Funerus opted to hold the line against vastly superior numbers than to cede ground and make more opportunistic strikes elsewhere. While the Arms of Asura were in the element as jungle fighters, they were significantly less inclined to battles were attrition was a concern, and their casualties were often higher than expected when they assisted the Scions in such operations. It also became an issue that, while his Marines were initially capable of outflanking and outmaneuvering the maonly Kroot and Orkish mercenaries employed by Archon Syreus, as the campaign stretched on more and more elements of the Emerald Talon began to make their presence known, especially its well-stocked gangs of mandrakes, and these foes were natural ambush-artists beyond the capability of any Astartes, perfectly adapted to the environments of Khamrul. Imperial Scions' standard response was to initiate a scorched earth policy, removing any shadows the enemy might hide in, but, ever the builder, Anshul made fervent arguments to limit these operations throughout the midsection
>>
>>50176693
of the campaign, his thoughts turned toward the future of Khamrul and its ability to function as a mining colony. The planet's flora would recover from large-scale phosphex cleansing in time, but Anshul had concerns about the lasting effects of such weapons on the ability of Khamrul to be self-sustaining. The usage of phosphex and rad poisoning threatened to make the jungles even less hospitable than ever, tainting their tenacious plantlife with the invisible death of radphage and poisoning the soil with phospex elements that, while the planet could recover from, humans would find far less difficult to cope with. Khamrul's colonists could not subsist on radioactive crops.

As the campaign lengthened and casualties mounted, however, the Primarch relented, and the Imperial Scions went forward with wide-scale deforestation. Seeking to limit the damage, Anshul assembled what would be the initial inspiration for the Annihilator Choruses of his legion, using the combined psychic powers of multiple Marines working in unison to level vast tracts of jungle. These units were hastily assembled and some were not yet fully trained in the use of their abilities, often possessing only limited, minor powers on their own, and there were a great many casualties among these detachments, both due to psyker-related injuries and crucial failures to channel the power of the Warp quickly enough in the heat of the moment.

The Arms of Asura continued to function primarily as harassers, preventing the Imperial Scions from being outflanked, while their allies gradually flattened all opposition in their path, the lumbering dreadnoughts of the legion performing at full capacity in this final push.

Ultimately, victory on Khamrul was a matter of time rather than decisive action. Whatever benefits were to gained from the planet's occupation were gradually negated by the mounting costs of full scale war with the Astartes, and eventually the Emerald Talon saw fit to cut its losses and
>>
>>50176804
withdraw, for the most part leaving their mercenary allies to fend for themselves. At this point, the war for Khamrul was effectively over, and the Marines became primarily concerned with protecting and re-establishing the colonies while routing those xenos forces still stranded on the Death World.

For the first time since the beginning of the campaign, the two legion's worked in perfect unison, the Scions seeing to the defense of the planet's relocating population while the Arms of Asura sought out the enemy remnants and brought the Emperor's wrath to them.

While Khamrul was saved, much of its produce was spoiled, and a reluctant Anshul was forced to divert food supplies from nearby Agri-Worlds to keep its growing population productive.
>>
>>50176207
>>50176338
>>50176693
>>50176804
>>50176851
Nice. It makes me wonder what kind of impressions Anshul got of Sarco before he met him.
>>
Prompt.

Tell us about the first time each primarch met each other primarch. A single sentence or two will suffice.
>>
>>50178447
>expecting single lines from the likes of VANTH "trips and dubs not singles and nubs" VANTHsson
Ha!
>>
>>50178852
I actually thought a sentence or 2 multiplied by 20 was going to be too much to ask for.

Im still struggling to come up with stuff / remember stuff.
>>
>>50176179
"Which fleet did you say was incoming?" Commandant Romulus Kursk of the Judgement Bringers asked with incredulity.

"The 81st Expeditionary Fleet, sire", the aide repeated with a bow.

"But that's the XIVth Legion! Is the void finally giving up her dead?" The 81st Expeditionary fleet, which had had nearly all the Astartes assets of the XIVth legion had been missing for more than a decade.
Theories on the reasons were as numerous as the stars, but Kursk had never subscribed to the notion that they went rogue, preferring the cold comfort of the idea that they'd met with some unknown foe.
But here was a fleet, bearing their transponder codes translating into realspace. In the servitor pits, spotters worked overtime, trying to identify the ships.
Kursk watched as the data streamed across the dataslates. The first few were easy enough, the Grand Cruisers Leviathan and Blade of Ashtoret, the Gothic Class Abzu and Tehom.
But others were less clear. It was only with great difficulty that Kursk could identify the Tepellin, so changed was its profile. Other ships were entirely unidentifiable.

"We have hololithic broadcast", noted an aide.

"Make it live", Kursk ordered.
>>
>>50179454
As he did so, a hazy outline appeared on the plinth, a figure clad in battered MkIII plate the color of the night sky and sea-haze. The image resolved, revealing electric blue trim and elegant filligree decorating the welds where sundered plate had been patched.
The welds were picked out in brilliant silver, as if the smith had taken pride in the repair and boasted that for all the damage, the plate was stronger now than before. The grace of the workmanship belied the lethality of the brutal spikes on the shoulderpads.
A thought struck Kursk. The lines of the plate weren't quite right and MkIII plate was a new introduction, barely in service for eight years. This was some custom make of armor.

"Kjell Maximus of the Aleph-Tzor and the XIVth responding to your call for aid," boomed a deep voice with a thick Stralayzian accent from behind a plumed helmet, the faceplate painted as a skull with a rictus grin.

"Lord Maximus, it is good to hear from you. We'd thought your fleet lost."

"Reports of our demise were greatly exagerrated. We were cut off from the Crusade by the very Waagh that threatens to overwhelm you we have spent these past fifteen years raiding for supplies and survival while harrying their rear. It is good to see another Imperial commander. Let us discuss strategy."
>>
>>50179472
>another Imperial Commander
Bro i got bad news for you
>>
>>50179897
Set in the early crusade-- MKIII is new.
>>
File: alexios meets anshul.jpg (39KB, 552x382px) Image search: [Google]
alexios meets anshul.jpg
39KB, 552x382px
>>50178447
>>
>>50178447
>>50178447
This is a pretty big prompt. Maybe instead we discuss possible first contacts between each primarch.

We know
Xun / Faustus met at Xun's discovery
Warmaster / Faustus met during the siege of Luna

Do we have any other documented first meetings?

Such as
>>50181146
>>
>>50178447
Shortcut for Enoch, probably

>(Enoch) "Huh cool I wonder if this one is going to be nice

>(80% of primarchs) "Man who's this asshole? Nerrrd!"

>(Enoch, under his breath) "Yeah... f-fuck you too then..."
>>
>>50181511
>[wasting men intensifies]
>>
>>50181511
Who was actually nice to Enoch? Kor? The Warmaster? Anyone else?
>>
>>50181248
Aodhán met Enoch during a joint campaign where both tried to be nice, but their tactics didn't mesh and they ended up having some serious misgivings about one another by the end, both of them being too stubborn to change their ways.

I intended for Aodhán to meet Raydon and Marcus during the conquest of Barbarus. This would be right after he's found and the Emperor sets him up as the defender of Segmentum Solar, turning him into a glorified poster boy who struts around at parades and smiles at crowds. He gets super pissy and bored of it, as does his legion, and the moment he hears that a bunch of his brothers need help he packs his bags and shoots off to Barbarus, intending to return with the head of its ruler and show dad that this is how he should be serving the Imperium.

Not sure how Faustus met him but I imagine there was some tension, as Nusku was discovered by a small Oathsworn scout group after Aodhán had liberated it, and, seeing them as more invading giants (albeit pretty short ones), he butchered a whole bunch of their number before they got out of dodge to inform Big E that they'd located one of his sons. I imagine that, as with Kurze, the Emperor may have had a few Primarchs tagging along when he turned up to collect him.
>>
>>50181604
I think it can be assumed that Kor tried.

Anshul was nice to everyone. Klaus too, I imagine.

Guys like Raydon, Aodhán, Engerand, etc most likely tried their very best to have something approaching a good working relationship with the guy, but his raging inferiority complex and his hardon for meatgrinders made this extremely difficult.
>>
I propose that, instead of statting Primarchs normally, they should be summarized this way:

Smashfuckery: This stat measures how much of a smashfucker they are.
Tactical Genius: This stat measures their ability for tactics.
Wizardy: This stat measures their ability to mind bullets.
Brosomeness: This stat indicates how personable and friendly they are.
Daddy Issues: This stat measures their level of daddy wasn't there.
Autism: This stat measures one thing and it seems self explanatory.

For example:

Alexios the White
Smashfuckery: 1 (not smashfucky at all)
Tactical Genius: 5 (as tactical as a genius can be)
Wizardy: 0 (fuck psykers, or simply no Warp talent)
Brosomeness: 1 (they can be in the same room as another person sometimes)
Daddy Issues: 0 (golden child)
Autism: 6 (literally off the charts, this would generally cap at 5)

Rubinek the Exile
Smashfuckery: 3 (a proficient smashfucker)
Tactical Genius: 3 (his tactics are solid but not exceptional)
Wizardy: 0 (fuck psykers, or simply no Warp talent)
Brosomeness: 2 (please don't bully)
Daddy Issues: 6 (fuck the man)
Autism: 3 (moderately autistic)
>>
>>50181675
>Enoch and Raydon
Yeah pretty much.

I wrote that the two actually had lots of campaigns together despite a mutual attitude of tolerance rather than friendlyness.

Their forces meshed well in terms of capability but not in attitude. Raydon and Hawk commanders pretty much took the stance of
"If you want to run into those guns, your more than welcome, we will be going around the side"

and the JB and Enoch were like "heh more glory for us anyway"

>>50181662
What if Raydon is one of the ones who comes with the Emperor? and they meet again when Aodhan is going to assist the FoM in Barbarus as he is the unofficial reserve (having acted on his own volition) with Raydon and his forces being the dedicated support.

This could be the foundation of Raydon and Aodhans friendship, Raydon being like 'hey toy soldier, I heard you disobeyed crappy orders to come help a brother out, respect'
>>
>>50181796
I would like to see more of this, but my personal autism forces me to point out that a tactical and strategic genius are two very very different things.

Compare for example
Sun Tzu and "Stonewall" Jackson.

There are of course examples of both such as Admiral Nelson, Napoleon, or Ngo Quang Truong
>>
>>50181796
Some estimates

Klaus Staffel
Smashfuckery: 6
Tactical Genius: 3
Strategic Genius: 3
Wizardy: 0
Brosomeness: 2 (I see him as being great at leading people but dour and rigid as a person)
Daddy Issues: 0
Autism: 1

Raydon Neratos
Smashfuckery: 4
Tactical Genius: 4
Strategic Genius: 4
Wizardy: X (constant precognition)
Brosomeness: 4
Daddy Issues: 3
Autism: 0

Aodhan
Smashfuckery: 6
Strategic Genius: 2
Brosomeness: 5
Daddy Issues: 4
Autism: 1

Anders Kor
Smashfuckery: 5
Tactical Genius: 4
Brosomeness: 3
Daddy Issues: 5
Autism: 4
>>
>>50159133
more diamond watch pls
>>
>>50182798
Enoch the Relentless
Smashfuckery: 2
Brosomeness: 0
Daddy Issues: 5
Autism: 5

It's like Lorgar and Perturabo combined their powers of being the worst to create the ABSOLUTE WORST.

That said, I think this should have a leadership or governance stat too.
>>
File: IMG_0283.jpg (1MB, 1250x1328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0283.jpg
1MB, 1250x1328px
>>50182861
Here you go, dog.
>>
>>50183000
kek
>>
The history of Cyrus Dumah, the Black Seer, is a story of slow decline to madness.
In the beginning, he was an optimistic and friendly person, and was very different from his brothers among the Second Sons. At the beginning of his career, he was a curious man who wanted to study and preserve all knowledge he got his hands on. He had issues with Saul, for his idealism did not suit the pragmatic and militaristic views of the Primarch. At this stage, Cyrus made some friends among the legions he worked with, and quickly became known for his varied knowledge and wits.

As decades dragged on, however, the idealism began to wither, and slowly turned to contempt and tiredness. As years passed, he mended his ties with Saul, having become a proper, professional warrior in addition to Librarian. At this period of time, his old friends saw him become distant and rather cold, as Cyrus dwelled ever deeper into the lore of ancient times and began to hone his psychic potential to their limits.

Few years before the Heresy, Cyrus became unresponsive, an empty husk barely capable of sustaining itself. The unknown ailment was determined to be in the mind, but regardless of the attempts for re-indoctrination, Cyrus seemed to slip only further away. Some even considered termination of the marine, but such plans were never fulfilled. His condition became worse by the day, and the only things he managed to do in the last months before the Heresy were eating, drinking and writing: he was never seen sleeping, and the only activity other than fulfilling the bare minimum of his bodily needs was writing a book, which he refused to show to anyone, barely managing the words "it is not ready". At this point, he seemed to grow old: wracked by his crumbling mind and malnutrition, not to mention the now unstable psychic energies within, his body was like an old man's, with thinning grey hair and withering muscles.

Then came the Heresy.
>>
>>50183222
As he overheard the Legion's new master's name, he seemed to awaken. He begged Saul to see the error of this action, but Saul would have none of it.

Cyrus took all the books he had amassed, and all those who trusted him in the matter and settled on Scintilla, where the newly named traitors held out until the Tyrant Star visited them.

After surviving, the Black Seer spoke of strange things and told of a future where Chaos would die, and what he called "the cycle of suffering" would end. The few followers that remained and willingly followed him after seeing what Cyrus had become became the first Black Suns.

He based the new Black Suns on two pieces of text: The Hereticus Tenebrae, which told of the End, and his book, called "The Clockwork of Chaos" where he explains his vision of the truth behind Chaos and reality.

Cyrus Dumah has completely changed: uncaring and cold, he guides his followers to fulfill prophesies and herald events, doing all in his power to bring about the End he has foreseen... No matter the cost.
>>
>>50181248
>>50168448
I'm really liking the idea that Faustus met all the primarchs first or early, and despite being a good guy with a really popular legion he's just so bad with people he cocks it up everytime.
>>
>>50181796
Sarco Funerus, Post Interment:

Smashfuckery: D (for dreadnought)
Tactical Genius: 3 (He's a decent tactician, but nothing special)
Brosomeness: 4 (He tries to advise his brothers to the best of his abilities when he sees they are flagging)
Daddy Issues: 0 (I mean, his legion was named the Imperial Scions)
Autism: 0 (you nerds)
>>
>>50183541
That is a funny mental image; let's see let me give this a shot:

Faustus and Marcus - Faustus discovered him and the two share a common bond ad scientists, rather than warriors. Neither is a terribly friendly person but their interests align and when they meet up the two always share mountains of information

Marcus and Gengrat: Marcus found Gengrat and as such has a nearly normal brotherly relationship. However Marcus is something of a stickler for standardization while Gengrat is a master inventor so they argue consistantly.

Marcus and Enoch: Complete frustration; Marcus cherishes his Marines because he loses so many to the Painless Wasting and he sees Enoch's tactics as wasteful. Simultaneously Marcus is not a warrior. HIs primary interest is in the planet after the war. The devastation left in the wake of Enoch's wars leaves him grumbling and his legion to pick up the pieces.
>>
>>50183997
*as geez I'm bad at this.

Marcus and [REDACTED] They never met personally, save for official functions but Marcus appreciated someone else with a taste for asymmetrical warfare.

Marcus and Kor: These two have little in common; Pre-Heresy there was little interaction because they just didn't meet one another often.

Marcus and Aodhan: Marcus considered Aodhan completely uncontrollable but absolutely trustworthy as the latter had come to his aid earlier in the crusade.
>>
>>50183997
>Gengrat and Marcus
Might be neat if things come to a head with something like the Sicaran, where Gengrat basically invents it from scratch. Marcus is torn, but the Mechanicum throws a hissy fit because it's not an STC construct and even though Alexios and Xun aided in the design process and have placed orders for entire battalions of the tank, Marcus is forced to speak up by the Mechanicum pressure.

While he's looking into it, the full extent of Gengrat's tinkering comes to light and Marcus ends up siding with the Martian establishment on it.

I'm thinking that Gengrat's tinkering isn't anything really heretical yet, but the result of this conflict is that Gengrat goes looking for Mechanicum adepts who will support him and ends up falling in with Markas Krom, Inar Satariel, Anarchis Scoria, etc. (Scoria though is known only as the Scorpion Prophet.)
>>
>>50181803
That sounds cool.

As for other meetings... I imagine a lot of Primarchs met for the first time in relatively mundane settings. Like for example, war meeting and such.

I could see Aodhán volunteering for some suicidal defensive mission with Anders when the latter wants to protect dah peeeoople. Something like

>Alexios: We should withdraw for now.
>Anders: But the people, they're still there.
>Alexios: We can make new ones.
>Anders: fgsfg NO I will kick over all these tables until you agree with me
>Alexios: Holy shit what a turd, fine, if you can get at least double your present forces for this ill-advised suicide mission, then feel free to go nuts. Weirdo.
>Aodhán: Did somebody say ill-advised suicide mission?
>>
M2016: The Taudar are born (Non-Astartes Faction)

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Taudar_Enclave
>>
>>50185007
Wtf
>>
>>50185029
you hate?
>>
>>50185048
It seems completely bizarre and absolutely wanky.
>>
File: 1473464672371.png (173KB, 500x758px) Image search: [Google]
1473464672371.png
173KB, 500x758px
>>50185007
>The Taudar, or Taldari, as they call themselves, are grey-blue skinned bipedal creatures, with no orificies except their golden eyes, but can breathe through their pores in most atmospheres and even under water. They do not eat like other races, but instead extract nutritions from whatever organic material touches their skin (even molecules in the air), including sunlight, and so possess a particularly advanced form of photosynthesis. They have two, two-digit digitigrade legs and manipulate objects with two, four digit hands, two of which are opposable, like thumbs. They stand about 7 feet tall, weigh in about 200 pounds, and are a hermaphroditic mono-sex species with an expected lifespan of about 300 Earth years. In addition, they are all psychic blanks, and have nearly the best eyesight among all the main races in the Galaxy.
>>
>>50185058
>>50185071
Put them in perpetual war with Tyranids uutside the galaxy so it wont affect the setting at all.
>>
>>50185071
and yes they are not!protoss, but I noticed you killed off the Tau, where is the blue love, friend?
>>
>>50185058
Should I remove it then?
>>
File: what the fuck is this.png (153KB, 304x324px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck is this.png
153KB, 304x324px
>>50185007
...dude.

I'm all for other factions, but let's not just smash races together into, apparently, Super Protoss.
>>
>>50185102
The Tau aren't dead. Most of them are now part of the Kor Protectorate, with their former mode of leadership pretty much dismantled and their empire gone.

The Farsight Enclaves also have survived and turned into warlike raiders that exist solely to destroy Imperium Minorum worlds whenever the opportunity arises.
>>
>>50185091
Put them absolutely nowhere, they're an inherently dumb concept.

I mean, really, Protoss with all the best stuff from Eldar and Tau and Necrons AND they're all blanks? Lel, no.

Besides, Archeotects are implied to having been fighting Tyranids off the edge of the map, and that's partially why the swarms haven't been as overwhelming in IA.
>>
>>50182798
Awww yeah. Decent scores in smashfuckery and tactics and no autism. Winning.

>>50183541
I dont like that he met them all early and dont think we should make that be a thing. But one or two yeah, to demonstrate he was out and about at somepoint before going full luna hermit.

>>50183997
The post was asking more for the circumstances of their first meeting, such as "met on X planet around Y time for Z reason"

>>50185071
Taudar - tau eldar = also known as Protoss

- they absorb food thru their skin
>cool im imagining someone rubbing ketchup all over their body
- including the aid
>what possible nutrition is in the air?
- and sunlight!
>well that's a different thing entirely
- has best eva visiom
>eh okay?
- all psychic blanks
>fuck you and the horse you rode in on. I fucking hate blanks and everyone hardon for them. REEEEEEEE

>>50185102
If they are meant to be !Protoss id tone them down, make them psychic instead of the complete opposite and make them enemies of Eldar.

There can be only one - style enemies.
>>
>>50185762
>>50185757
>>50185733
>>50185708
Hm. You are all right. I'm going to heavily nerf them, and rework their base concept.
>>
>>50185821
That was far more civil than I expected.
>>
>>50185834
Well I never claimed to be a good writer, so it's not like I would have any valid objections.
>>
>>50181796
Is it wrong that I want to make an RPG system using the as the stats?

Xun Tohilcoatl
Smashfuckery: 3 (Average)
Tactical Genius: 3 (Xun fights on his terms and is great at reshaping through battlefield, but on the field itself, he's more a blender.)
Strategic Genius: 5 (This is where the magic happens.)
Wizardry: 4
Technophilia: 3 (He's no adept, but he takes an active interest)
Brosomeness: 3 (he's outgoing, but his love of intellectual conversation strikes people as arguing for the sake of arguing.)
Daddy Issues: 1 (Dad keeps secrets from everyone. Thats what a good ruler does. I'm going to be just like him.)
Obsession(How does it work): 5

Gengrat Vannevar (Preheresy)
Smashfuckery: 4 (He's called the beast of Terrodyne for a reason)
Tactics: 3
Strategy: 4 (His campaigns are built like traps)
Wizardry: 2
Technophilia: 5
Brosomeness: 2 (He's Hannibal Lecter creepy)
Daddy Issues: 2 (I wish Dad didn't have to worry about the Mechanicum so he could tell me how proud of me he is. And I know he is because we collaborated on the Leviathan Dread and on Sarco's box. He didn't trust the mechanicum. I'm the only one he could trust. Stupid mechanicum.)
Manic-Depression: 5
Voices: 5
Sociopathy: 6 (All primarchs are, to some extent, but Gengrat takes it to an extreme.)
>>
>>50182798
I thin of Klaus as being the biggest fucking bro of all time. I team, this is our !Sangy character. Even the vilest traitor primarchs had to admit that, yeah, dude is pretty fuckin cool and bro
>>
>>50185834
Hm. Under what conditions could an early (weak) race meet with the Imperium of Mankind and still not be cucked to kingdom come and assraped to death? I'm assuming they would have to be non-militaristic and have open trade-borders?
>>
>>50186080
wow did I have a stroke while typing this?
>>
>>50186164
If first contact is with Kor, that's their best bet.
Xeno protectorates are a thing.
>>
>>50186164
>>50186193
Another option might be Xun, who would basically place the species on trial and if they were found not to be a threat, he'd install Astartes governors. (Xun doesn't see Astartes as human and so it would be a "neutral" ruling class.)
>>
>>50186425
>>50186193
I'm not sure how this fits with the timeline though. If they discover interstellar travel in M27 thats alot earlier than those two am I right?
>>
File: Slaugth-0.png (598KB, 609x608px) Image search: [Google]
Slaugth-0.png
598KB, 609x608px
The Slaught are a relatively successful species since their need for hiding ended: They live in a parasitic relationship with the Black Suns, who readily let the aliens have the weak among the Calixian population. Slaught, with their steady supply of food, have grown in numbers and spread around the Galaxy. Yet this success has not made them powerful enough to challenge the other empires, so they keep hiding wherever they are not accepted.
Hiding among the people of the worlds they inhabit, they are carrion eaters and predators, using their cunning and technology to create corpses for them to later consume. They are largely an unknown species, as they reveal themselves to outsiders rarely and often vanish before their presence becomes known.
Even in small numbers they are dangerous: wielding their necrotic staffs and protected by constructs of flesh, they are often able to fight off sizable forces that do not understand what they are dealing with. Preparation and knowledge are often more effective than numbers and raw power against the Slaught.
>>
>>50186475
well, here goes:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Taudar_Enclave
>>
>>50186663
Nothing wrong with an artificial xenos faction existing.

I doubt anyone is going to accept the name 'Taudar' though.
>>
>>50187297
Yeah, Taudar is just a bit... bad. I saw it and thought it was a Tau-Eldar alliance.
>>
>>50186508
Slaught is already a drug in 40k...
>>
>>50187358
I think he means Slaugth, which are a think in Dark Heresy.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Slaugth
>>
>>50187358
Dark Heresey added them as a race, they should have checked the old lore before doing so. Silly third party designers.
>>
>>50186164
Alternatively.

If they had some sort of time-lapse mcguffin such as temporal dimensional cloaking - so their planet was only "here" once every X amount of time. Or warp storms surrounding them. You could have them pop up a few dozen times (or only have a dozen) and it just so happens that it coincides with cool events and lets them survive to the 40k timeline if you wanted.

Just spit balling ideas.
>>
>>50186475
Um, M27? Didn't the Tau only evolve in like M38?
>>
File: Stephen Fry is not amused.jpg (13KB, 195x192px) Image search: [Google]
Stephen Fry is not amused.jpg
13KB, 195x192px
>>50185821
>I'm going to heavily nerf them,
Can we just...not do that instead? It's a fundamentally stupid idea, no amount of editing will fix that.

Fucking Taudar, jesus christ. These threads have gone too far,
>>
>>50187950
>these threads have gone too far
What you lose interest and now everyone should just back up and go home

But yes taudar is a horrible name because of its implications but i dont think the idea of another psychic race is inherently bad. Especially if its destroyed during the crusade
>>
>>50188031
Speaking of psychic races, I'd like to get some feedback on the Illithyd. What do you all think? Also I never got a reply to my prompt. >>50175305
>>
I'm glad any possibility of 'Taudar' existing has been abandoned. It's possibly the dumbest idea I've seen in any of these threads.

Now, if you want a psychic xeno race, you need to give them a reason to exist. What makes them interesting? What makes them distinct? Why are they something that enriches the setting?

If you're set on having an artificial race made by the Eldar, then maybe something developed by one of the rogue Craftworlds even by the Empire? A lesser race based on Eldar genetics but simplified so they can reproduce faster and have less myriad psychic talents, making them suited to serving as soldiers and servants. Hell, if you really love blue, they could be blue for some reason.

But Tau-Eldar genetic mixes are not going to fly. Neither is a xeno race without a hook to make it compelling in some way.
>>
>>50175305
>Oramar
I'm... not exactly sure what the Warp Raiders are doing in the 41st millenium, but if I recall correctly they're fucking around in the warp, occasionally raiding the Dark Imperium. An Illithyd infiltrator would be interrogated for information on its technology and psychic techniques before being killed.
>>
File: elf beard.png (600KB, 1110x582px) Image search: [Google]
elf beard.png
600KB, 1110x582px
>>50188134
>psychic blue space elves created by an elder race

But do they have beards?
>>
>>50188075
I know you've been posting a bunch about them but for the uninitiated can you give a tldr. I find lots of people just skip walls of text.
>>
>>50188615
TL;DR: Mind Flayers in 40k.
>>
File: 1408247374055.jpg (319KB, 700x1690px) Image search: [Google]
1408247374055.jpg
319KB, 700x1690px
>>50188877
>>
>>50188134
Well I did abandon the concept entirely. Now it's more of a bland backstory ending with becoming a sub-faction for the Kor Protectorate. The name ccan change of course.

I did like the idea of a race which has this temporary realspace shit going on though. Maybe something like pokcet dimensions akin to the webway, but distinct. Perhaps the old ones left another part of the immaterium unbreachable by chaos and this race was either born there, or stumbled upon a gateway to it.
>>
>>50189485
Is it possible to merge that idea with the Illithyd? I was playing with the concept of them having time-related fuckery, and also being the species of the cacodominus.
>>
>>50189544
Sure. I just moved the page now, re-named it to the Altair Enclave, and pretty much re-deleted everything. If you want to put down some notes there, and collaborate on it that would be awesome.
>>
>>50189703
I put some things down up here: >>50169857 >>50169921 and in the last thread.

Give those a read to get a feel for how I was envisioning the Illithyd.
>>
>>50183541
On that tangent, I'm thinking part of the reason things are such a problem with Faustus and Xun is that Xun is a stubborn rules lawyer when he sees something he wants and Faustus' approach sets a bad precedent of experimentation and negotiation that Xun refuses to give up.

He's in the model of Sennacherib or Esarhaddon.
>>
>>50190460
>Sennacherib or Esarhaddon.
Am I meant to know these people/places/things?

>>50189485
>>50189544
Im reading up on Illiythid now, Time-space fuckery is a pretty big deal, would it be viable to limit them to using it as like a darlek emergency temperal jump thing?

eg, everytime they come close to total destruction they activate it to send their homeworld forward in time a bit, maybe moving it, maybe not.

This gives them a cool reason to show up every now and again without letting them just go back in time and murder their enemies before they are born.
>>
>>50190561
Sorry, Assyrian Emperors. They were pretty canny politicians with a delightful habit of relocating populations that pissed them off. You fuck with them, they kill you and take the population of your kingdom and relocate them to the opposite side of the Empire where they get a farm and serve pay taxes.
When they invade, they talk about how your gods felt unsafe with you in charge and asked Assur, God of Assyria to send the king of Assyria to make things safe. He does you a favor by taking over and is such a nice guy that after a bit, he returns the statues of your gods.

During the 701 Siege of Jerusalem, Sennacherib's guys are familiar enough with Judahite religion (proto-Judaism) that they make Hezekiah, king of Judah out to be a heretic in Hebrew, no less.
The Assyrians are absolutely brutal when they want to be, highly organized, and effective administrators with a killer propaganda machine.
>>
>>50190561
I was thinking it was more like really localized stuff like on the scale of the hrud, except defensive.
>>
>>50190793
>>50190704
If nobody has any issue with it, id like to play up the tactical rating here, as his own little thing - compared to say Klaus' benevolence, Xuns and Alexios' two sides of strategy, or Aodhans giant-slaying abilities.

I don't want it to be wanky though, but I think currently he is lacking a "thing", and was thinking to base it of the Lion's tactical proficiency - or maybe something like stonewall jacksons 'never lost a battle but lost the war' schtick.

Thoughts, querries, suggestions?

>>50190704
>Assyrian Emperors
They sound brutal and effective. I like the idea of calling a dude out as a heretic in his own religion.
>>
>>50191203
Oh, I was talking about the illithid time manipulation technology.
>>
>>50191257
Sorry I was linking to that post just because it was by you, my comments didnt have to do with the Illithid - I think their time jump stuff for defensive purposes is fine, though I have a preference for such technology to be limited to terrestrial defence rather than man portable.

Maybe having mobile platforms that have auras that provide a bubble that protects infantry or some such?
>>
>>50191283
That sounds cool. Some kind of psychic focus carried around the battlefield by thralls.

Speaking of that, how many Illithyds actually participate in battle other than the Marines they took over? Probably not many, I'd say.
>>
>>50191410
So thoughts on some stuff to emphasis tactical dominance of Raydon ala The Lion?

Is this stepping on anyones toes?
Suggestions of how to do so?
Examples of such a thing done well
>>
File: cCyVh.jpg (30KB, 411x515px) Image search: [Google]
cCyVh.jpg
30KB, 411x515px
>>50187395
>>50187358
They did check the old lore, considering they already had Onslaught drug. Slaught is a shortened version of the drug's name, but also the name of the alien species (also known as worm that walks)
>>50187369
Exactly. Most of the stuff I have done in IA is make Calixian lore (AKA Dark Heresy lore) fit, and a new faction based on said lore.
>>
Bumping and reading up on some stuff I missed. Glad to see the Taudar were ditched.
>>
>>50193290
Keen for thoughts on
>>50191841
This?
>>
>>50193364
Sure, I can dig it. Raydon has always struck me as one of the more short-term and impulsive primarchs, plus he relies on his short term precog and reflexes. Being an expert tactician seems like a good fit.
>>
>>50193748
Sweet.

Ill write something up tomorrow arvo then.

Im super glad ive found a spot to fill. Fair warning... itll be wanky
>>
>Fists of Mars' painless wasting
>Second Sons' radiation dependency
>Negators' anti-mutation gene that fucks up when they get too mad and mutates them even worse
>Iron Hearts almost always end up as disfugured freaks after the application of geneseed
>Behemoth Guard are inclined toward paranoid schizophrenia
>Anshul

Why is IA's Emperor so shit at genecraft?
>>
>>50194295
It's not like the OU Emperor did that much better. The Flesh Change of the Thousand Sons, the Emperor's Children were fucked until Fulgrim came back, the Imperial Fists missing organs and the Salamanders and their unintentionally black skin.
And let's not forget about the two missing legions, they probably had something wrong with them.
>>
>>50194458
Oh, and there's the Red Thirst and the Black Rage of the Blood Angels.
>>
>>50194458
>>50194479
IIRC the Black Rage is a psychic disorder caused by Sangy's death.
>>
>>50194493
It was there during the Great Crusade. It's genetic.
>>
>>50194295
It's fairly easy to see our timeline having more problems because he didn't have as much time to perfect the Space Marines - he found [REDACTED] before the Great Crusade started so who knows what time that took away from his efforts to make gene-seed.

Alternatively it might be more on the technicians who're implanting the organs. With no real experience how many fuck-ups do you think happened?
>>
>>50194616
Like I said, there are just about as many problems with geneseed in IA than in the OU.
>>
>>50194295
Isn't the radiation thing part of the Nurgle taint?

>>50190460
>>50191203
Thinking Xun's post-Faustus campaign with Redacted goes basically:
Oh shit, human thralls are supporting a Xenos Empire ala the Elohim.

>Xun: Ok, let's capture some Elohim and make a bio weapon.

>Redacted: What?

>Xun: Faustus did it. Or do you not have samples. I'll go capture some alive so I can prove their brains and figure out what makes them tick. Can I borrow some of your Custodes, I don't have enough for the mission.

>Redacted: What?

>Xun: Faustus had Custodes. Valdor is chilling with me. Do you not have Custodes?

>Xun: so I'm thinking we should invent some sort of psionic resonator. Should fry the Elohim. Or maybe make psyk-out missiles.

>Redacted: you can't just go inventing things!

>Xun: Faustus and I did. Valdor let me. And the Emperor does it too!

>Valdor: I knew that was a mistake...

>Xun: I'm going to deport that whole planet

>Redacted: Why would you do that?

>Xun: Their rulers resisted us and aided the Elohim. This will set an example of what happens to those who stand by and allow our will to be denied.

>Redacted: Sounds like something Enoch would say

>Xun: He sounds like a cool guy.

After meeting Enoch.

>Nevermind.
>>
>>50195886
>Isn't the radiation thing part of the Nurgle taint?

Nah.

They started to develop a dependence on radiation before Nurgle got his claws in them.
>>
File: Undying-Dota-2-2.jpg (520KB, 807x895px) Image search: [Google]
Undying-Dota-2-2.jpg
520KB, 807x895px
PROMPT:
Give a character three abilities and an ultimate, as if they were a moba hero.
>>
>>50196441
I could come up with some abilities, but I can't come up with a full kit.
>>
File: Keeper_of_the_Light.png (59KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
Keeper_of_the_Light.png
59KB, 256x144px
>>50196441
>>
File: YOU.png (2MB, 1068x1420px) Image search: [Google]
YOU.png
2MB, 1068x1420px
>>50196441

>Aodhán
Reaping Strike: Dude blitzes forward to a selected location and damages everyone in his way. If the targeted location is an enemy he deals a big lump if damage to them.

Battle Driven: (Passive) Every time he kills an enemy, the cooldown on his other abilities decreases, and he gains charges. (Active) He gradually loses charges until he either runs out or switches back to Passive mode. Until then his crit chance skyrockets and he gains a measure of damage resistance. Killing heroes gives him more charge than normal.

Angel of Perdition: Supah modo. Damage, regen, crit chance, and movement speed increase massively, while ability cooldown drops significantly, and he gains an even greater boost to crit% and damage when attacking heroes. Doesn't last long, can be extended by killing heroes.
>>
>>50197117
>always running from chaos knight
Sounds about right.
>>
File: Bloodseeker.png (70KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodseeker.png
70KB, 256x144px
>>50196441
>>50197117
all my work is done for me
>>
>>50196441
>Sarco
Grav-flux bombard: Stun. Does more damage the more armor the target has. Agh's causes it to make enemy units get sucked towards the target.

Wailing Sweep: Sarco cleaved the area in front of him with the Baleful Blade, dealing pure damage to all targets.

Can't think of an E.

Interment: the next time Sarco dies, he comes back in his dreadnought form, having highly increased armor. This goes away if he dies again.
>>
>>50196441
Marcus
Disrupt the Line: Enemy Minions are stunned and have a 30% chance of attacking one another.

Long Hunter: Marcus can teleport behind an enemy.

Blitzkrieg: When Marcus loses half his health his movement speed doubles and he revives with 1/8 of his original health

Machine King: When Marcus kills a minion his team spawns another unit that turn.
>>
>>50196441
Cyrus Dumah:

>Creature of Shadows
Passive: while in dark areas, abilities cool down faster.

>Shadowstep
Teleports a short distance.

>Madness Walks With Him
AOE attack centered on him, which deals small amount of damage: in addition, within a small area heroes are stunned. Any enemy minions in a larger area have a chance to be instantly killed, frenzied or converted to allied minions.

>Will of Komus
Ultimate: Cyrus becomes invulnerable and shadowstep has no recharge time for few seconds. Additionally, he deals slightly more damage per attack.
>>
>>50197094
Do it.
>>
>>50197831
>Anders Kor

Passive: Battle Trance
Upon entering combat, Anders gains a stack of Battle Trance every second, up to a maximum of seven. Every stack gives him bonus damage and resistances.

>Graha'nak
Q: Traitor's Anguish
Graha'nak fires his harpoon, dealing damage and pulling his enemy toward him.

>Balthasar
Passive: Bloodhound
Balthasar can smell the blood of his enemies. Balthasar reveals enemies under 50% HP in an area around him. He also gains bonus movement speed when approaching these enemies.

>Klaus Staffel
Ultimate: Master Dualist
Klaus targets a single enemy. For the next 10 seconds, his attacks deal 20% true damage.
>>
>>50196058
Actually, the way I saw it it was the taint of Nurgle slowly taking a hold of them. Only once the process was relatively complete by the end of the Crusade did they really start to feel the whispers of Nurgle.
>>
>>50197993
>balthasar is just a shittier bloodseeker
Kek
>>
>>50198042
I have played like 5 games of DOTA
>>
>>50198097
Bloodseeker gets that but it's global and a passive.
>>
>>50197130
Oh shit I just realized there should be a third non-ult power. This is what happens when you play too much Oversalt.

Uhhh

Warrior Instincts: (Passive) Attacks by hidden enemies or from beyond Aodhán's field of vision can never score critical damage against him. (Active) Sends out a pulse that reveals hidden enemies. Active use has an extremely long cooldown.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>50197993
That reminds me. Graha'nak. He's not gotten a lot of love lately. I'mma roll for a campaign that he has during the heresy. And then a fight he has with someone post heresy.

Did we ever settle on what his legion was like before they found XENOMORPHS?
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>50199936
Ok, so a preheresy campaign with the Judgement Bringers. Might be pretty funny to see them go up against recalcitrant humans. Enoch wants to line them up all nice and orderly and have ordered purges and punishments, while the Void Lords are just leaping out of closets yelling "LIBERATE TUTAME!"

Post heresy, they go up against the...
>>
>>50199936
Funnily enough, I had the exact same realization this morning. And no, I don't think we ever decided on that.

There's one other thing we should look at, origin stories. Reworking Marcus' backstory made me realize that not all primarchs have fully fleshed out origins. Or if they do, they're not on the wiki. This goes for Graha'nak and Anders for example.
>>
>>50200673
Graha'nak's big thing is that he was the last Primarch to be found, because he was drifting around in the space hulk that would eventually become the legion's homeworld/flagship.

He's spent his life in near constant, total darkness when the Emperor finds him, surviving in a hulk full of horrible death traps and various creepy denizens.

I have no fucking clue about Anders, but I've been imagining him having Superman's origin story pretty much.
>>
>>50200673
>>50201287
How about pre-Graha'nak, the legion is boarders/breachers, void operations kind of like the Warhawks, but less naval and quick/nimble. They're more like the fists/Death Guard in terms of being sturdy and stalwart.

Graha'nak totally changes their affect but makes them a million times more effective.
>>
>>50200673
Has anyone done anything for Kashaln? The Silver Spears page is practically empty.
>>
Marcus was hunched over his notes, furiously scribbling design notes around the schematics for a new engine when the Tech-Priest came in, howling like a little girl.
It was actually rather comical, the sight of a massive, cybernetic Enginseer shouting childish insults. Marcus found himself about to smile when a name finally tumbled out of the rant.
“Gengrat.”
“Do tell me honored Tech-Priest, why are you calling my honored brother a ‘Gorx-plowing madman?”
Marcus said in a bloodless, emotionless tone.
“Your excellency! You must come at once to the foundry hold – your sibling is intolerable! He has taken liberties that out stretch even your imagination!”
Reluctantly Marcus rose from his seat and followed the wailing cyborg.
The ships of the III Legion sported many gifts from the Martian Cult; among such gifts were mobile production lines that ensured that resupply and repair of weapons and vehicles could take place on the fly.
The Foundry on the III Legion’s flag ship Sinister Ambition, was supposed to be in near perfect neatness. Everything was supposed to be in its proper place, and tools certainly weren’t supposed to be all over the floor, alongside scrap metal and various nuts and bolts.
>>
>>50202202
Marcus stepped onto the room, already feeling a headache coming on before he saw It.
“It,” was a gargantuan version of a RH1 N0 that was bristling with weaponry. Beside it a number of Behemoth Guard marines worked feverishly, some stripped to the waist and over wearing welding masks. A number of III Legion Astartes were standing around, trying to watch while holding a small mob of comically enraged Tech-Priests.
“Dear brother,” Gengrat began “I am elated to see you! Please help yourself – after you were generous enough to give me that fabulous plasma weapon I felt I had to repay you – generosity must be returned in full after all – and I saw this tank and couldn’t help but feel these ‘Rhinos’ of yours were lacking a certain-”
“My brother do you mean to tell me that you snuck onboard my ship, entered my foundry, and then proceeded to rip several perfectly good troop transports apart in order to create a giant sized version? And you did this not five days after joining the Imperium of Mankind?” Marcus said, cutting off his long winded brother. The dark, bushy face of Gengrat furrowed in a frown “Well… yes.”
Marcus could barely keep his eyes off the machine “Then I have one question.”
“Ask away my brother.”
“Can you tell me how you did it?”
The Beast of Terrodyne smiled broadly. The two brothers spoke long into the night as the Lord of Voices bonded with his newfound brother.
>>
>>50202207
I literally lol'd. This is fantastic.
>>
>>50202289
Why thank you; I'm happy to do these characters justice.

Here's some more:
Duelist Captain Jeorz Rhodes felt the surface conflict was going poorly.
Simply put there were too many goddamn Orks. Mind you, he felt one Ork was infinitely too many but looking out across the endless horizon of green flesh clad in crude armor he felt they had achieved ‘too many.’
He fired off another shot and vaporized the top half of an Ork’s head. The blased thing kept coming at him like it was possessed until a green clad Marine swooped in and lopped its arm clean off.
Then the thunder on the battlefield intensified. His helmet’s sensors barely kept him from going deaf.
“Well met!” he shouted at the Behemoth Guard Marine. The helmless warrior flashed him a smug smile and then gestured his head to their rear; he turned to see a monstrous variant of the RH1 N0 treading its way towards the vast hoard, blowing holes in their lines.
As it did both soldiers flinched as the unhollowed creaking of a Orkish Gargant appeared on the horizon, all but running towards them.
“That isn’t promising,” Jeorz said pessimistically as he continued to pour fire into the enemy lines.
“You wouldn’t have happened to have some trick up your sleeves would you?” The emerald clad Marine asked carelessly.
“Not today. We tried diverting them. This is the half that stayed; on the other side of the planet we’re strafing them. My squad was separated during the first charge and I’ve been searching for the allied lines ever since.”
“Funny. We came in with everyone else. Can’t seem to find much of a line.”
Jeorz glanced at the odd tank or Marines, swarmed with green bodies, all of them hungry for blood.
“No lines here, true.” Both warriors turned as the roar of a particularly massive greenskin reverberated through the battlefield.
>>
>>50202909
“Well let’s handle this.” Jerorz said “by the way; what’s your name?”
The swordsman smiled again, this time feral as he radioed his tank via vox beat in his armor collar and readied his sword.
“Samson Vernverk. I’ll ask you yours when this is over.”
With that the massive greenskin reached them and while the Behemoth Guard legionnaire made an effort to tackled the beast head on, Jeorz began harrying it, a cut with his combat knife here, a shot from the pistol there, always moving, trying to stay one step ahead of the massive monster.
Then the new tank spat a single round and the beast’s upper body vanished in a roar. Samson smiled victoriously and the two men laughed.
Then the battle resumed, more greenskins seeking blood and murder.
>>
>>50202927
The gargant was closer now – its tread made the ground shacks and its ramshackle armor was proof against the best the tank could dish out. In a 1-on-1 fight it was going to kill the tank, and everything else.
A poorly mounted flame thrower rained down liquid flames and Jeorz dove to get Samson out of the way. The other warrior screamed as the superheated air filled his lungs; from inside his armor Jeorz felt his armor grow hot.
At that moment he had a horrible, almost perfect idea. He waited for the flames to stop and rolled away from his fellow Astartes. Samson coughed and sputtered, his post human body trying to compensate for the damage. He glared up at the machine from a melted face and spat sounds that might’ve been curses.
Jeorz realized that the machine was virtually on top of them; should he chose he could reach out and touch it. So he decided to fire his plasma pistol directly into the flame thrower mounted around its chest.
The machine burst into flames, liquid fire spreading across it. The machine continued to move but in the meantime the massive tank drove clear into its legs, knocking it off balance and causing the now flaming wreckage to fall into the chaos of the battle.
>>
File: 328ba95e3626f4977daf9e316417b28d.jpg (231KB, 736x2654px) Image search: [Google]
328ba95e3626f4977daf9e316417b28d.jpg
231KB, 736x2654px
>>50196441
Faustus is Anti-mage plus heals. When the nigga finally leaves the lab during the war, shit is going down because has the final solution to any problem.

Pic related
>>
File: 20161112_010426.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161112_010426.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>50202909
I'm liking where you're going with this-- I've always wanted the Behemoth Guard to be affable psychos.

Minor note, they're less emerald than murky blue-green.
I had a spare set of MKIII and did an experiment and came out with pic related.

>>50179454
While I'm at it, I'm not feeling particularly creative this evening-long week, but the basic idea here is that this is early crusade, basically our version of the battle of Rust.
So the JB has been fighting Orks and is surrounded, on the verge of being overwhelmed and they send out a call for reinforcements. This is pre-Enoch and Kursk is in command of the fleet. To their amazement help comes not from Baqar Hadbaal, suspected to be in the area or another legion, but from the 81st Expedition, which was basically the whole 14th legion. They were cut off from the rest of the crusade by a sudden massive waaagh and have been doing the nomad predation thing for the past 15-20 years.
As a result, they have all this nonstandard kit they've cobbled together from scraps.

Kjell and Romulus do some mobile warfare, tank battles and there's a siege, where the divide in the mentality really comes to the fore. Hadbaal shows up with parts of the XIIIth and the 3 of them rock out ashen claws style slaying Orks, taking heads, and generally getting the tight laced Judgement Bringers to unwind a bit. They assault the Ork stronghold and as they raze it, Romulus gets the call that his primarch has been discovered. He departs, hopeful of expanding the panzerkampf side of the Judgement Bringers.

The End.

Of course we know this doesn't happen and all of Romulus Kursk's predators are turned into Whirlwinds or heavier artillery and things get more and more authoritarian until he pulls a Rommel.
>>
>>50204086

Thanks for the heads up; I was just going off of the 1d4chan page. It said green so I went with that. In the final draft I'll change it to something like 'muddy blue,' or 'stained cobalt'.
Something I'm noticing as I write this out is that Marcus and Gengrat both owe a lot of their quirks to the Orks. Gengrat wants for supplies of course but he no doubt takes inspiration for his work from Ork battle machines and his own mad ingenuity.

Marcus fights the Orks over and over again and each time he's forced to become more of an armored division to counteract how debilitated his legion is in close combat.
His men have the best arms and armor because physically they're just barely Astartes due to their degenerating nerves.

tl;dr both Primarch's develop the way they do because of Orks. It sets up a nice symmetry
>>
File: 20161112_010450.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161112_010450.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>50204160
It would, though Gengrat isn't found until long after this, but yeah, the principle holds and I like the idea of the two meeting and deploying to halt a waaagh. Certainly the Behemoth Guard comes to Gengrat in the form it does because of experiences during the crusade and he finds it to his liking.

I think the biggest thing he adds is the Artillery Choir, which is a technomystic communion through a manifold. Originally it is like interfacing with a Titan or like the Skitarii manifold, but on Terrodyne it has a mystic signifigance where gun-crew, artillery piece, and spotter/coordinator are part of a mystic whole greater than the sum of its parts.

You already started to see this sort of thing, particularly with the cybernetica cohorts embedded in the legion, but it becomes much more common and this in turn helps spur the ecstatic cult of Machine Spirit.

I think Gengrat really wished he could have brought Marcus over to his side for the heresy and part of what goes on on Mars is that "you don't know the power of the Unbound Spirit", with Gengrat trying to show Marcus the wonders of Tzneetch, the Father of Progress.
Marcus just sees insanity.

If Gengrat regrets anything it's that he lost Saul and Marcus in gaining union with the Spirit. In his halls in the Endless Forge, he has two empty plinths set aside for Marcus and Saul to remind him of what he has lost.
He also had a soft spot for Graha'Nak and Xun, but feels that one less strongly.

Oddly enough, I don't know who he's close to on the traitor side. Probably Balthasar after Balthasar stops being so pompous, but I think Gengrat really gives up everything for knowledge and what really saddens him is that none of his brothers get that, except Anshul, maybe. Tbc

On a tangent, I also had some Vorax to paint and tried out the color scheme.

Ironically, Tindalos by Tepectitlan is a shameless self insert of my own forgeworld, so things get a bit weird.
>>
>>50204326
Cont.
If Anshul does and Anshul still sees the Changer of Ways as the highest emanation of chaos, then they probably become quite close, though Gengrat's undiminished respect for the Emperor probably is a bit grating.

I'm thinking Gengrat is that weird sort who can respect and be fond of his mortal foes while loathing his closest friends and companions, change is like that, sometimes.
But what I was getting at is that what really saddens Gengrat is that Marcus never appreciates that Gengrat still cares for him and that the fact that Gengrat had to give up their friendship to pursue the Machine Spirit was incredibly hard and he hopes Marcus comes around to his side. That's probably part of why he doesn't kill Marcus on Olympus Mons and delays leaving Mars in pursuit of the Fists, he, like Anshul, and Lorgar, genuinely think the others may just see the righteousness of their cause.

The machine toxin he poisons Sarco with gives him visions and temptations, perhaps.

Similarly, he's glad that the Emperor is ascended, which he sees as being an ultra version of how Ahriman by fighting Tzneetch is the best servant of Tzneetch ever. He's similarly pleased with how Xun turned out.
He keeps this to himself though.
>>
>>50204326
Looking good.

I think that is something that has a lot of potential for stories - the Loyalist/Traitor divide is something that's personal for very Primarch and for every Marine under their command. When Gengrat turns on them on Mars the Fists go into total war mode in my mind, because they see the BG as their younger brothers; the two legions were close and seeing them fall to chaos just infuriates them because it feels personal.

Could that be a thing with Aodhan and Raydon? I feel like some posters have discussed them having some sort of connection but does anyone want to expand on that?

Otherwise I think you make a lot of good points about the Gengrat/Marcus split. I think a lot of that has to do with how different their legions and worlds were - Marcus came into his legion and everything was falling apart in a way he couldn't fix so he turned to whoever could help him.
Gengrat comes into a legion with problems that suit him perfectly so he feels confident and important from the get go.
>>
bumpin and readin
>>
>>50202202
>>50202207
This was actually really damn funny. I'm liking the Marcus/Gengrat interactions.

>>50204086
>>50204326
The Behemoth Guard scheme looks good irl, especially on the Vorax.
There's a lot of funk on your desk, jeez

>>50201287
I feel like that's a solid backstory for Graha'nak, but it raises two questions in my mind:
1. Who named him Graha'nak?
2. Isn't that backstory somewhat similar to Enoch's backstory? Being along for a very long time in a hostile environment, until found by the Imperium?

And I'd like to brainstorm ideas for Anders' origin, he seems like an interesting figure to see formed. Something must've shaped his 'progressive' attitudes.
>>
>>50205935
I think the difference in their surroundings and how they reacted to them contrast well enough between Enoch and Graha'nak's cases.

Enoch lived somewhere with no contact with ANYTHING. He had no validation or input from any source. It was just him and the rocks and the sandstorms. He survived by eating moss and hunkering down through the storms. His entire life was about endurance and pain, there was nothing that he could do except repeat the same day over and over until someone came to pick him up.

Grah'anak had other things to base his image on. He was hunted by an in turn hunted the various predators that thrive inside a space hulk. There was a huge world of narrow, twisting corridors, skewed architecture and endless darkness to explore. He may have had no friends or family or anything like that, but he had SOME kind of other beings to contrast himself against, which is a big part of how we build our personalities. He had to hide, hunt, and scavenge. Enoch had to endure and wait and wait and wait.

No idea how he got the name though. I would like to see his discovery fleshed out.

I think the proposed Superman-ish origin for Anders would be pretty good. Space kid lands in the fields of some civilized world. Kindly farmers take him in and teach him to use his immense power responsibly. Something invades and he defends the planet with the powers of truth, justice, and the Anders way. Becomes a beloved hero. Etc etc.
>>
>>50207257
I would like to see someone's take on Graha'nak's discovery, yeah. I'm still not much of a writer myself though, and I don't have a great grasp of his character.

As for Anders, the Superman-esque backstory could work, but there would be some things to keep in mind though. He wouldn't be able to grow up like a regular child, nor would he really be able to live another life in secret.
>>
quick bump
>>
>>50204606
I'll think through for other big personal trauma dur8nf the heresy.

>>50205935
I'd always pictured Graha'Nak and company as Inuit.
>>
>>50207257
>>50207650
Maybe Anders landed on a planet where one or more xeno races were forced to share the land with humans? Maybe he helped unite them while defending against some external threat?

We could do some foreshadowing for the Tau issue with Alexios being the one that finds his home planet. He's like "Hey great I found another brother, let's gas all these aliens together so the humans can have this planet to themselves" and Anders basically just says no, why would you do that? Obviously, Alexios doesn't bother with the idea of sanctioned xenos, and just goes ahead with the xenocide, because he knows best duh, he's older and more experienced. Anders responds by personally kicking the shit out his brother.

Eventually the Emperor breaks it up after it turns into an all-out-war, and the two brothers basically never work together again until they're forced to, with Anders telling Alexios that if he tries that shit again in his eyeshot he won't hesitate to strike the White Angel's head from his shoulders. This statement is often brought up by Imperium Minorum historians in argument of the idea that the murder of Alexios on Terra Nova was unprovoked.
>>
>>50208769
Getting his homeworld fucked by Alexios is pretty major. I can dig it, but it'd completely escalate any sort of brotherly relationship they might have.

As for the Xenos being on his home planet, I'm not sure I like that. Could be that they share the system and Anders finally managed to end hostilities.
>>
>>50209598
Yeah that could be it.

It seems like Alexios and Anders never really had much of a relationship anyway. Alexios saw Anders as a naive fool and Anders saw Alexios as a megalomaniacal monster.
>>
File: 1328645443879.png (54KB, 301x286px) Image search: [Google]
1328645443879.png
54KB, 301x286px
>>50208769
I like it
>>
>>50210464
I wonder what people like Kashaln and Gengrat thought of Alexios.
>>
File: cataphract.jpg (76KB, 677x960px) Image search: [Google]
cataphract.jpg
76KB, 677x960px
>>50210866
Kashaln and Alexios probably got along together swimmingly. Their pride would feed off each other and loyalist Kashaln isn't particularly deviant in any way that would spark Alexios' judgement and turn things sour.

I should do one of those relationship matrices.
>>
>>50211197
>>50210866
I doubt Alexios would have been too cool with Gengrat. If he had a sense of humor, he'd probably have started the joke that Gengrat was the new Warboss.

>>50209598
Thinking the Emperor would have had to have supported Kor in some of his diplomacy, rather than shutting him down.
>>
>>50204606
>Could that be a thing with Aodhan and Raydon? I feel like some posters have discussed them having some sort of connection but does anyone want to expand on that?

It seems like this is the case already to be honest. Raydon was mad as fuck at the news that Aodhán was a traitor, which is why he attempted a suicidally reckless attack on the latter's flagship shortly after the Heresy, during the flight from Terra.

Aodhán definitely expected Raydon to turn and was pretty mad that he didn't. He almost certainly pitched the idea of killing the Warmaster and completely dismantling all possibility of an Imperium of any kind existing during their duel on the Answerer. Unfortunately for him Raydon had already ragequit the game at this point. After that he just wanted to relieve Raydon from a life of abject misery in service to a dead Emperor.

>>50210866
I can't imagine Alexios and Gengrat getting along.
>>
Who would be good for finding Grahanak?
>>
I guess Balthasar and Gengrat didn't get along?

Or did he like his bombastic nature and find him easier to work with than Marcus?
>>
>>50215709
Balthasar got along with everyone, that's sort of his thing pre-heresy. He's bro as fuck.
>>
>>50214810
Sarco could him. Dunno what would happen though. I don't know much about him other than having a fear fetish.
>>
>>50215750
I'd been thinking Gengrat could tell that Balthasar was as much of a psycho as he was and just found Balthasar's pretense annoying as all fuck.
Gengrat goes hunting with a pack of vorax and watches the blood fly, no pretense about it. H watches his creations in action. Balthasar talks about how civilized it is and has fancy outfits and bugles and dresses it up.

After the heresy though, they get along much better since Balthasar doesn't dress it up as much.
>>
>>50216026
Find him*
>>
>>50216026
>>50214810
I'd like to see him with Gengrat before the heresy since I think that'd be interesting to see. They both go for the "to survive in this universe, you must be something of a monster" view of things, but go different places with it. They both live with that darker side of their nature, unlike Xun, who tries to control it and bind it, but Gengrat just calls it Tuesday, while Graha'Nak is wary of it and its power.
>>
>>50216833
Also, do we remember what sort of weapon Gengrat weilds?
Mace? Hammer? Talons? Staff?

Also, now that we've reshaped things a bit, who is Gengrat actually close to amongst the traitors pre-heresy? Is it Redacted? Afterwards, I think he'd have a good time with Anshul and a less pretentious Balthasar.
Perhaps he also has a prophecy or two which indicate to him that Marcus, too could be turned to his side, but as with the Saul scenario, it doesn't work as projected. Something about Marcus embracing change or something, which Gengrat interprets as him coming over to Tzneetch, but actually is Marcus coming to terms with the new shape of things and becoming resolute in opposing chaos.

This said, I don't want to give Gengrat too bad a track record on this sort of thing-- he's the chosen of Tzneetch for a reason and should be manipulative Hannibal Lecter style, so we should give him some successes to build his credentials (and hence why the Warmaster trusts him).

Maybe Gengrat out just as keikakkus Eldrad at some point and smashes a craftworld or something for that scale.

>Unrelated
I think it might be worth having Alexios have a really, really bad campaign alongside pre-box Sarco or Aodhán just to confirm his prejudices to make Graha'Nak going nuts seem pretty plausible to him.
>>
>>50213392
I now picture Raydon and Aodhan as those two smash brothers from the mighty ducks movie
>>
>>50217680
Personally, I've been envisioning Gengrat with a staff and a lightning claw.
>>
File: it solves everything.jpg (124KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
it solves everything.jpg
124KB, 736x1104px
>>50217680
>Also, do we remember what sort of weapon Gengrat weilds?

No idea. After daemonhood he has thousands of mechandrites all over him that pluck people apart. I imagine pre-Heresy he had some kind of tech-harness, maybe a pair of claw-like weapons?

>>50217921
I've been seeing them as pic related for a while now.
>>
>>50217680
>Also, do we remember what sort of weapon Gengrat weilds?
>Mace? Hammer? Talons? Staff?

Is he the only Primarch we haven't statted?
>>
>>50221741
I have stats for: Anders, Anshul (regular and demon), Aodhan, Balthasar, Engerand (pre- and post-heresy), Enoch, Graha'nak, Kashaln, Klaus, Marcus and Rubinek.
>>
Okay so, for comparison's sake, Primarch melee weapons (pre-Heresy):

Raydon: Boltgun gunkata and a dueling sword.
Marcus: The (Power) Fist of Mars.
Alexios: Powers sword & pope stick.
Klaus: Sword.
Aodhán: Bigger sword.
Sarco: Biggest sword.
Anders: Chainsword & shield.
Kashaln: Spear (duhhhhh) & shield.
Graha'nak: Lighting claw & harpoon gauntlet.
Engerand: Storm Hammer.
Rubinek: Power maul or x2 chainfists.
Balthasar: ???
Xun: Lightning claws.
Saul: Close combat is dumb.
Enoch: Battleaxe.
Oramar: Dual mirrorswords? I feel like I'm forgetting something.
Faustus: Power stave & toxin injectors.
Anshul: Ceremonial swords.
The Warmaster: ???
>>
>>50220320
>>50221741
>>50221777
It occurs to me that we've been trying to play up Gengrat's links to Xana. What if he gets the Vovodian Sceptre?
Only problem is that it would wreck game balance since it makes Scoria crazy broken as it is.

I could see him having a scythe like Moritarion.
Sickle and hammer combo
Sickle and flail combo like a mummy
Royal Sceptre mace?
Perhaps some sects of Cybernetica happy Behemoth Guard devise some sort of bishop staff mace thing that aids their casting of cybertheurgy and repairs? It would be a side-grade for Praeveans and Technomystics.
>>
What about a war pick sort of thing?

Or a mechandrite flail?
>>
File: 1435800192223.jpg (695KB, 1029x1393px) Image search: [Google]
1435800192223.jpg
695KB, 1029x1393px
>>50222290
>Balthasar: ???
power talon a la Horus, plus his cloak of poison quills

>Oramar: Dual mirrorswords? I feel like I'm forgetting something.
He's got a monofilament whip he controls with telekenesis

>The Warmaster: ???
He has a giant iron rod for dank biblical symbolism
>>
>>50222345
Warmaster should at least have some sort of stabbing weapon. Can't really backstab with a blunt weapon...
>>
>>50223987
Well, when you're disguised, you hardly use your own personal equipment. When he kills the Emperor, for example, he uses a Custodes Guardian Spear.
>>
>>50223987
Depending on how loosely you define "stab", it is possible. You need massive amounts of force to pull it off, but you can shove a thunder hammer through a target just as well as a power sword, similiar to hor a nail can easily got through the plank but you could swing the hammer hard enough for it to go through.

Of course, such "stabbing" would more than likely tear the target apart instead of going through "cleanly".

(Friendly) Nitpicking (which is meant as a joke) aside, I'll do some more writefagging after getting some sleep. Any requests?
>>
>>50225081
If you feel up to it, you could take a shot at Graha'nak's discovery by the Imperium. Or, if you've got an idea for it, how he came to be named Graha'nak.
>>
>>50225557
Maybe Graha'nak is what a bunch of spacefaring scavengers clans called the space hulk he lived on. Maybe it's something related to that.
>>
>>50220320
I support this. Canon shall hence forth relate Raydon to dean and Aodhan to sam.

>>50222290
Theres stats up for all but sarco in his metal box. Unfortunatrly im away from my pc for the next 2 weeks.
>>
File: stats.png (22KB, 834x361px) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
22KB, 834x361px
>>50226145
>Theres stats up for all but sarco in his metal box. Unfortunatrly im away from my pc for the next 2 weeks.
>>
>>50226251
Much thanks.
>>
>>50222328
Having trouble picturing the flail, but I'm intruiged. Maybe something morphic?
>>
File: scourge.jpg (11KB, 241x207px) Image search: [Google]
scourge.jpg
11KB, 241x207px
>>50227998
maybe a scourge where each flail has a mind of its own like Doc Oc?
>>
>>50228132
That could work. Dang. Going to be hard to build one of those.

(I've been setting about doing up some primarch models for 30k. I play Alpha Legion and was going to make a few different Alphariuses and was considering throwing in a few Imperium Asunder Alphariuses as a joke. I was going to do up a Gengrat and run him as Scoria in Cybernetica lists with an allied bunch of some Astartes.)
>>
>>50217680
I see the conflict between Marcus and Gengrat as a test by Tzneetech - Both men embody the desire to change and so them fighting is a way for Big T to express his conflict.
I feel Gengrat just plain out doesn't factor in the stigma of mutation for a legion of men who lose their autonomy because of it. Marcus takes one look at warp mutations and reaches for the plasma pistol.
>>
>>50228726
I like that approach. I think in his own weird way, Gengrat is probably one of the more tolerant primarchs. He uses mutants, criminals, and servitors as Cannon fodder, but he's crazy enough that it's not so much malice as them being the easiest to obtain and the most expendable.
I'd imagine that he makes use of the skills of those on hand and if mutations are useful, he's all for them, even if he has a reputation for herding mutants and the like out into minefields to clear them.
He might use Beastmen as shock troops, mixed with Ogrynn. They aren't respected the same way the gun clans from Furiosa Prime are, who get to actually ride with the legion, but the battle herds are a step up from penal battalions and mutant rabble. The Battle herds and regular mortal militia are equally expendable.
>>
>>50229409
That's part of it; Gengrat comes from a culture of ruthlessness while Marcus comes from a world of quick wars - no ones wants to stay outside fighting during the bitter winter months while machine monsters stalk the woods.

So you get them at one another's throats and it becomes a race to see who can build the best war machine - Gengrat uses flesh, the warp, and steel while Marcus uses tanks, men, and vox lines. Both men love to build and the Heresy takes that and twists it. By the end neither is recognizable - Marcus dies disarmed in every way and Gengrat is a towering monster of warpstuff, bound to a steel frame.
>>
>>50228726
>>50229409
>>50229732
Sometimes these threads have goofy taudar, but most of the time it's thoughtful character building like this.

Y'all are cool. Stay woke.
>>
This has been asked a while ago, but I think it might be time to ask it again.

PROMPT
Who is your favorite IA primarch and why? Also, who is your least favorite and why? What can be done to improve them?

My favorite has quickly become Marcus. I've always had a thing for the AdMech and the new Marcus seems like a genuinely good guy.
My least favorite would have to be REDACTED. Very little being known about him might be his shtick, but I feel like that meme has been pushed to a point where it's difficult to have him even do anything. I'd keep him the same in the setting itself, but I would like to see him be fleshed out more.
>>
>>50225557
>>50225689
Graha'nak. He tried his name, and it rolled off his tongue nicely. For the first time in his life, he had met other people like him. Small and weak, but the same skin. The same hands. The same blood.
They talked quietly about him. It took only minutes for him to start to understand the basic meaning of the conversation, the sentences, the words. He was a quick learner. These men spoke a language, unlike the hulk. But he understood its groans and rattling. The hulk was pleased by these men.
He had survived by hunting the creatures onboard. Strange creatures, but they kept him alive. He could not remember his first years, but he had lived. That was all that mattered.
The first one who saw him used a gun. It spit fire and lead, but Graha'nak stopped it along with the man's life. Leader of these scavengers, he now knew. Afraid of Graha'nak. The rest fearfully backed off before trying to approach him again. This time without a gun. Now they sat around a fire, talking.
He had been accepted. They put the guns away and talked to him. At first, he thought about killing the men, but the talking calmed him. They wanted some of the hulk. Part of his home. But they respected the hulk, and the hulk did not mind. They taught him things. Slowly at first, but once the words started to have a meaning, he became curious. Hulk. Gun. Scavenger. Human. Void. Word after word he knew what the Scavengers wanted of him.
Their language was old. They told Graha'nak that they kept the language for the day they met more Humans. Their names represented who they are.
Most of them were workers. Scavenging and repairing, their names were simple like their lives.
Some were warriors. They had short, powerful names, just like their lives.
But his name was different. The scavengers never mentioned it, but he knew what his name meant.
It was the name of a leader.
>>
>>50230730
Very interested to see these results
>>
>>50231362
That's pretty fantastic. I like how he considers the will of the Void God itself, almost as if he considers it his friend and companion.
I do wonder if these guys leave, or stay on the ship with him. Maybe they leave and the Imperium finds out about the Emperor's last son through them?
>>
>>50230730
I really, really like the concepts of Rubinek and Raydon.

Rubinek because of what he represents. He and his legions are a walking reminder of the Dark Age of Technology, and I can't help but feel that part of the reason the Emperor wanted him gone was that he proved that the old ways could improve upon the Emperor's designs. He strikes me as abrasive and vicious in his dealings with others, but fundamentally good. Like Marcus and Gengrat, he wants to build - he wants to make his sons and his people safe, and ensure that safety in the future, and the Monolith Mind gave him the capability for it. He hates the Emperor for denying hin of that, for acting in a way Rubinek sees as plain illogical, but by the time of the Heresy he's so twised by spite and so blinded by the thirst for vengeance that he doesn't pay attention to what's happening around him, and doesn't realize that he once again being used as disposable pawn for far darker powers.

Raydon is in some ways similar in that he had a close bond with his people, to the point where he was willing to defy Imperial decrees over it, and the devastation of that bond sends him into a spiral of hate from which there is no return. He feels like he lost the most during the Heresy, even if guys like Sarco and Marcus got away worse personally, because he's alone by the end. All his closest friends betrayed him or died and he himself dies as a solitary, bitter mam with nothing left but his grudge.
>>
>>50232522
And your 'least favorite'? Even if you like all 20 in some way, like I do, this is a good way to improve characters.
>>
Aside from Faustus, which legions lost the most marines during the heresy? In what order did they get to Terra?
>>
>>50233765
Marcus lost many Fists and never made it to terra
>>
>>50233765
Knights Exemplar lost almost their entire Legion during the flight from Terra.

The Second Sons nuked Armageddon with a non-trivial number of their own Marines on it. Not all of them made it.

The Undying Scions suffered horrendous casualties fighting their way back to Terra from the galactic rim.

Negators lost a lot of Marines when Aodhan brute forced his way through Xun's blockade to Terra.
>>
>>50230730
I'm biased but I like Marcus too; I really enjoy writing him.
So far I really dislike Alexios the White; I think it's just the pompousness of the dialog but he really seems like an unpleasant person; no offense to his writer.
>>
>>50234643
Void Lords nearly died out while being hunted by the bloodhounds.
>>
>>50234381
I feel like Marcus gets to Mars, engaged Gengrat and their legions just lay into one another on the surface and the Martian Civil War goes hot in hours. By the end of its Gengrat's a burned shell only Demonhood could fix, Marcus is dead or reduced to a brain in a jar and both their legions are just above 3/4s strength.
>>
>>50235212
Gengrat is already a daemon prince when he goes to Mars. He becomes one on Armageddon IIRC.
>>
>>50235066
I think that's the intention with him.

That's why I don't think I could cite Alexios as my least favourite. He's probably the least likeable out if all of them, but that's who he's meant to be. An arrogant, rigid asshole.
>>
>>50235290
This.

Gengrat is actually the overachiever of the Heresy.

>orchestrates a Mechanicus civil war that keeps Marcus busy and throws supply lines across the Imperium into disarray
>damages Sarco's Knight Titan body so badly on Armageddon he has to retire it
>succeeds in driving Saul insane and turning him to Chaos on Armageddon
>first Primarch to ascend to Daemon Princehood
>reduces Marcus to a brain in a jar on Mars
>razes the Red Planet and murders the entire high command of the Mechanicus

The only other Pimarchs with that level of personal victories during the Heresy are Aodhan and, of course, the Warmaster.

Aodhan:
>beats up Sarco on Malphas
>hounds the Undying Scions to the point where they're horribly under strength by the time they get to Terra
>personally slaughters his way through most of Engerand's second and first battalions on Vanaheim
>beats up Engerand on Vanaheim
>beats up Sarco again on Terra, smashes him so hard he never wakes up

The Warmaster:
>kills the Emperor (this counts for like 10 achievements)
>second Primarch to hit daemonhood
>kills Klaus
>>
>>50235697
Conversely, can we talk about how much of an abysmal failure Oramar is?

>farsees that civil war will destroy the galaxy
>concocts a plan to create the best possible outcome of the inevitable war
>finds the Athame and lures Balthasar and Warmaster to Xenobia
>tries to fight them both at the same time
>Balthasar shatters the sword with his bare hands
>Balthasar beats Oramar nearly to death
>all three of them get cut by the shattered blade's flying shards
>Chaos taints them
>chaos takes over the whole fucking galaxy
>*worst* possible outcome of the inevitable war happens

Thanks, Oramar!
>>
>>50235697
Could someone shine some light on how the Second Sons fall to Chaos exactly? I know it happens on Armageddon during the Heresy, but it's still unclear to me exactly how it goes down.
This REALLY should be on the wiki
>>
>>50235290
Sounds right, I recall him fighting Sarco in a ruined city riding a daemon engine.

>>50235697
Hot damn, yeah. It all grew organically, but when you lay it out like that, he's a busy and sucessful sumbitch.

Probably why the Warmaster rewards him so well.

>>50235212
Definitely.
The outline for Mars has the Civil War break out as the Oathsworn purgation kicks off. The element of surprise and atrocity gives the traitors the advantage. No overt chaos though.

Marcus is diverted to handle it. He lands in force and there is a running battle across the surface of the red planet. Costly sieges of Olympus Mons, Mondus Occulum, elsewhere. Pushes the traitors deep into the south, to the Yalu basin.

Behemoth Guard translate in system. Great! A friend to help us out! And maybe to give some explanation of what's been happening on Terra and elsewhere.
Gengrat promises the end is near, a satisfactory end to the war on mars.

He lands early, maintaining more or less normal form, telling Marcus that there has been a terrible rift amongst the primarchs, civil war. Before they proceed, he needs to see where Marcus' loyalties lie. Because, he says as Behemoth Guard open fire and combat drop, everything is in flux.

The plan is that in fighting, Marcus will be forced to continue to adapt. The landscape itself will force it and Marcus will change.
This comes to pass, as the Behemoth Guard are driving the Fists back across Mars and begin to mutate due to chaos and radiation taint.
Gengrat thinks Marcus, being stubborn and knowing that there's nowhere to run will stand and fight, using the boon of mutation. Marcus, instead, changes dramatically and is broken. He decides to flee and protect his sons.
Whoops.
Then there's the duel that puts Marcus in a jar and Gengrat tells him to think about it.

What might be neat is if in 40k, the Fists start getting beneficial mutations again and some commanders argue they should use them.
From his forge, Gengrat laughs.
>>
>>50236072
In very simple terms, they get exposed to so much radiation they go insane.

In more broad, thematic terms:

>Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
>>
>>50236072
Someone else wrote up something nice, but basically, Gengrat hopes to trigger an omnicidal rage. He's thinking that when Saul sees that all is chaos, Saul will learn to loosen up and enjoy it. Then they can be best buddies.
Problem is that as Saul comprehends the scale of the betrayal and begins to lose his shit (just as planned), he decides the only way to end war is to kill everything. See, Gengrat always assumed that deep down, Saul really did enjoy it and that by pushing him over the edge, he'd get a Khorne/Tzneetch blend. Turns out Saul really does value peace above all, even above life. Gengrat assumed Saul would choose life and joy and the struggle. Instead, Saul chooses death and stillness. Turns out Saul was a nihilist. So Saul gtfo's and nukes segments of the surface, killing Sons and Guard alike and embarks on his campaign to bring eternal peace.

Gengrat sits down, this is a real headscratcher, and alters his plans with Marcus. Missed it by that much...
>>
>>50236072
Second Sons and Behemoth Guard are on Armageddon fighting a massive ork Waaagh! before the Heresy, which has been at least partially manipulated into existence by the Warmaster and Gengrat. The campaign is fucking awful for the Sons because everything is being done behind the scenes to make it awful.

At this point the radioactive decay afflicting his legion and endless sterilization missions Saul has taken the burden of are already beginning to weigh pretty heavily on his sanity and that of his sons. Armageddon is a horrific war of attrition that eats Marines for breakfast and keeps coming back for seconds, and no matter how many dudes he sacrifices for the greater good and how hard he fights, Saul can't seem to get anything but Pyrrhic victories. He was supposed to be defending people for once on Armageddon, but every time he does, it's at huge costs, and greater losses are suffered elsewhere. As his sanity slips further and further and the radiation poisoning worsens he begins to lose his grip on reality, hearing the voices of the dead rallying to both blame him and urge him to avenge them, and his legion's tactics take a turn for the unnecessarily brutal.

It's at this point that Gengrat betrays him, right before he manages to achieve his first major victory of the campaign. He doesn't snap immediately, facing the horrors that the Behemoth Guard assemble head on, but by the time the Scions get there he's pretty much lost it, and he decides that the entire planet has to die, and he has to go with it.

He initiates Armageddons own nuclear cleansing protocols and has his legion remain planetside as the world is bathed in nuclear fire, asserting that those who survive will have paid what they owe to Armageddon and to themselves. The psychological horror of the act and the immense bombardment of radiation drives the surviving Marines completely insane, and Saul realizes that peace is only found through the utter destruction of all life.
>>
>>50236177
My only problem is the last part - I feel Gengrat and Marcus should be one anothers greatest failure. Gengrat fails entirely in his attempts to corrupt his brother and his legion. The III Legion leaves Mars liming but it's spirit is intact.

Marcus fails wholly in his attempts to both guide or destroy his brother. By the time Marcus sees that Vannevar needs guidance the latter is too far gone and by the time the two fight Gengrat is just too strong.

Similarly the III Legion is not one that tolerates mutation. The legion had make itself into cyborgs just to preserve itself and I just have trouble seeing any commanders finding any mutations favorable. I see them taking the Iron Warriors approach of lopping off mutated parts.
Otherwise I really like your ideas; I just can't get behind them favoring mutation. I feel by 40K they've lost their humanity - the desire to keep his sons safe has made the FoM ruthless and caculating just the like the Tech-Adepts who they now control.
>>
>>50236365
Right. So what pushes him to side with the Warmaster?
>>
>>50236501
I think it's less that he sided with the Warmaster and more that he accepted Nurgle into his heart. The Warmaster was the Chosen of Chaos, so, yeah.
>>
>>50236446
That can work too.
For the mutation bit, that was mostly a nod at a prophecy, really just that it might be neat to have a set of conditions for the fall of Marcus which seemed to have been met on Mars, but are really only now being fulfilled or something.

>>50236501
I think it's less being pro-Warmaster than being pro-death. The Imperium perpetuates humanity and so long as there is humanity, there can be no peace. That's why they end up assassinating Saul during The Beast War.
He's probably willing to give Redacted's TerraSoc a shot, which keeps him in line for the heresy, but it becomes clear pretty quickly that there's no peace and "War is Peace" just doesn't cut it for Saul.

>>50236182
Definitely. That, to me, is one of the central themes in this whole AU, what drives my depictions of the primarchs and drives their odd behavior.
>>
PROMPT:
Write your primarch's excuse for why they didn't help out in the century siege, goddammit.
>>
>>50236501
He 'sides' with the Warmaster in the same sense that when you unleash a rabid, frothing, starving dog and it attacks someone, it's on your side.
>>
>>50236891
Because the timeline is confusing and I don't know how long the Great Hunt takes in relation to the War in the West.
>>
>>50236913
Century Siege takes place immediately after the Scions retreat from Terra. I think it's the Judgement Bringers that corner them in the Amaranth system.
>>
File: Aodhan at Terra.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
Aodhan at Terra.png
138KB, 375x375px
>>50236891
They did tho.

On the winning side.
>>
>>50236891
>>50237282
Because the worst Warp Storms since Slaneesh make FTL and communication between worlds well nigh impossible. It's a miracle that we managed to keep supply lines open even locally. Do you know how much time and effort it took to keep Anvilius fed? And then we didn't even claim it for ourselves. You know how you can still get Landraiders and Deredos?
You're welcome.

Oh, wait. I'm sorry. I forgot, just like you all did, that the XIIIth legion was there on Amaranth with you. Yeah. Because we were the rear guard and when I set off at best speed for Tepectitlan, I chose not to abandon you and left part of my fleet with you. Yeah.
(Of course these were the slower ships and the ones that couldn't make it to Tepectitlan at full speed through the warp storms, but shhhhh.)
>>
>>50236891
>they did
>they just came late to the party
>>
So, I've been reading a bit about the Grey Knights, Kaldor Draigo and, more specifically, Mortarion's Heart.
Apparently Draigo managed to banish Mortarion back to the warp by speaking his true name. His true name is the one Emperor had originally intended for him.
Now, REDACTED was raised by Malcador on Terra. Let's say that the Emperor actually gave REDACTED his true name upon their reunion.

I'm thinking that maybe (part of) the reason REDACTED has completely removed his name from the universe is that he knows it has actual power over him, since he became a demon.

Thoughts?
>>
>>50239991
That is an extremely good idea.
>>
Hello everyone. I'm the original poster of the Engerand and Storm Hammer stuff from way back. Life has been a bitch and I had gotten tired of 4chan. Combine this with Imperium Asunder disapearing for a while back then I had dropped out of the project for quite some time.

Is my work here still welcome?
>>
>>50240511
Ofcourse! It's always good to have more people.
>>
>>50240646
I've got a huge documet of fluff on the Storm Hammers collected from my answers on the Legion spread over several threads: should I just make a massive edit to the wiki and fill up that page?
>>
File: angry golgy.png (425KB, 750x397px) Image search: [Google]
angry golgy.png
425KB, 750x397px
>>50239991
>>50240389
I like it.

If you know someone's name, they have power over you.
>>
File: Organization.png (2MB, 2488x5812px) Image search: [Google]
Organization.png
2MB, 2488x5812px
Reposting it from a long, long time ago.
>>
>>50240511
>>50240814
Welcome back!

And by all means, that would be fantastic.
>>
File: Don'Keigh.jpg (124KB, 500x689px) Image search: [Google]
Don'Keigh.jpg
124KB, 500x689px
>>50240970
I wish I could make cool shit like this
>>
>>50241851
It was done with Chapter Generator, MSpaint, patience and too much free time.
>>
>>50240970
I thought there were no scouts in 30k
>>
>>50242190
I was under the impression, back in the earlier threads of Imperium Asunder, that scout had become a thing at one point. You'll notice their sergeant is in power armor, so in my mind they are more like those Black Templar scouts rather than the sneaky sniper-using scout common in the canon 40k universe.
>>
>>50240970
My hard on for orbats intensifies.

Did you use something in particular to create or just bulk copypasta

>>50242190
Eh we have deviated before.

Also welcome back friend. We havent forgotten the hammers, you might be pleased to
>>
>>50243392
>Also welcome back friend. We havent forgotten the hammers, you might be pleased to
Indeed, but I wouldn't have been insulted had they been forgotten. I was gone for a long time.
>>
>>50242279
I think scouts should be something unique for each Legion/Chapter here. It's a transition period for the recruits and while some Legions probabaly just throw their men head first into battle (Bloodhounds, Second Sons) I feel like they might get different uses depending on their faction.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.