[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Character secrets thread. What is your current character's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 37

File: BoredGoblin.png (136KB, 700x470px) Image search: [Google]
BoredGoblin.png
136KB, 700x470px
Character secrets thread.

What is your current character's deepest darkest secret?
Come on, everyone has at least one so let's hear it.

My party ran into the old "share a true secret to pay for travel" thing.
My Tiefling barbarian's secret was that he is seriously considering making a deal with a demon, despite his race's bad history with demons. The reason he's seriously considering it is he feels strength alone is not going to be enough to deal with what has now become apparent is a shadow organization aiming to overthrow the ruling council.
>>
Those fireball amulets I made for the party double as remote explosive collars.
>>
My soldier-turned-spy has:
"When I shot my partner in the back of the head, I finally felt the thrill of the kill come back to me. And want more of it."
>>
>>50158489
Fucking christ dude

Feast your eyes on this absolute train wreck:
>Party fighter
>Playing as an edgy lone wolf
>Still the party's wall
>Avoid speaking as much as possible
Woman disguised as man in drag after Mulan-ing her way to desertion and working with the party to eventually eliminate her former boss. Also gestalt class into Oracle, basically party's emergency healer when shit hits the fan, also secretly a Samsaran, hiding as a elf in full plate because outsider races are frowned upon... Been a couple months and nobody suspects a thing. GM is totally in on it too.
>>
>>50158472
He gets a stiffy when he sees underage elf girls. Everyone else thinks he's celibate because that's the only thing that gives him stiffies.
>>
File: fantasy alchemy.jpg (36KB, 457x257px) Image search: [Google]
fantasy alchemy.jpg
36KB, 457x257px
>>50158472
Last character I played was an elf from a society that was super into accomplishment and meritocracy. To the point where children were born in batches at a specified time would then be taken at birth and not allowed to know their parents, due to the belief that this would start everyone out on equal footing and their accomplishments would be their own, rather than inherited by family name or bloodline.

Needless to say, despite the "excellence" this supposedly created, and the way it combated the "corruption" of lesser societies (Human kings inheriting the throne with no actual ruling experience, simply because they were son of the last king), it was a somewhat cold and regimented society that spawned a number of dissidents and self-exiled outcasts.

My character was one of these outcasts. Despite having earned her way into a prestigious position within her clan as an alchemist and healer. For most of the game, I kinda just let the players make their own assumptions about why my character left, and had her be vague and dodgy about it, citing those examples but never actually confirming they applied to HER.

In this achievement-based society, it was considered a "mercy" to euthanize any infants born with birth defects, as they would never be able to compete.

It was the job of the clan alchemists to administer this euthanasia.
>>
My LG monk is actually LE. He's normally quiet and peaceful, and I spend my downtime performing my duties as a travelling healer.

And after talking it over with my GM, that's code for 'fulfilling my order's tenets by performing mercy killings for the sick and dying'

It might eventually bite me in the ass, but oh well.
>>
My 5E Human Rogue's deepest secret would be that she has a hidden-away child with a guy she is closely related to.
It was one of the reasons she left her small village. It was pretty much a case of "stay and become a social pariah, or get the hell out of dodge and try to make enough money to be able to take care of her kid in another town where no one knows her".

The kid is currently staying with the father and has been explained away as a orphaned relative with no other place to go.
>>
>>50158472
He eats raw meat not because he likes 'em blue, but because he is a mutant that can't eat anything else.
>>
My Cleric of St Cuthbert is taking to her grave the location of the Sword of Kas. That little fuck is more trouble than he's worth.

Also, my Dark Heresy Psyker entered the group using a false name, so that he could bug out if forced to betray them. He got so attached to them, he decided to get his name legally changed on the quiet to his cover identity.
>>
Elder brother was afflicted by the neiglish rot (nurgle's rot), and so was begged into mercy-killing him.

He's the only one that knows.
>>
>>50158472
She is a cleric, not a druid.
>>
>>50158517
Edgy. Hey, do have any regrets? You know, in general?

Beep- BLAM
>>
My LG skeleton fist fighter actually enjoys killing and puts up a jovial front to keep the party from getting too nervous with him.
>>
>>50158472
"This isn't what I wanted but it's what I asked for, my needs over all my morals."

>>50158489
Edge

>>50158510
BloodEdge

>>50158517
Snowflakey, but potentially interesting roleplay.

>>50158534
Magical Realm/What the fuck is wrong with you.

>>50158539
Interesting from a psychological/character development point of view. Nice additional context too. Very good backstory stuff.

>>50158546
Not sure if that qualifies as "evil" or just a weird "green and orange morality" thing.

>>50158550
Also a good one for roleplaying potential.

>>50158560
Wat
>>
>>50158472

My LG Cleric was actually a NE Monk with one level in Cleric.
Somehow, nobody saw through my ruse both in and out of character.
>>
>>50158472
She's actually an amnesiac and suspects the BBEG had something to do with her memory loss and her meeting up with the party.
It's so bad that her name isn't her actual name, it's the first name she thought up, so she hopes it IS her name and that she's remembered it correctly.
>>
>>50158584
>have any regrets
Plenty

>>50158608
Yeah, I-... yeah...
>>
>>50158608
>Wat

Dark Heresy character. Got a major mutation on chargen that gives me slow regeneration, but I need to eat mounds of raw meat or die from starvation.

That's something you don't want anyone to know, especially when you are a priest.
>>
>>50158472
They don't exist.
>>
>>50158472

My heir is actually not my own son but adopted, and my actual firstborn son has been hidden away to be fostered by somebody else with no knowledge of who his real family is.

I'm sure this will go exactly as planned and not come back to bite me at all.
>>
File: Madoka-and-Kyubey.jpg (46KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
Madoka-and-Kyubey.jpg
46KB, 728x409px
>>50158472
My witch's magical familiar wasn't sent by any patron or otherworldly force, nor is it even a real animal. Instead it's actually a manifestation of her subconscious given form by her inherent magical abilities. As a manifestation of her subconscious, it has no filter on what it says, and the party thinks it's a little shit, but they've already tried killing it twice and it keeps coming back~

The character herself is completely unaware of any of this.

Partially based on pic-related, but without the sinister twist.
>>
My navigator in Rogue Trader had the "un-man" background, which I fluffed as her being the result of her house's experiments in limiting the mutations navigators undergo. Her genetic code had been tampered with, which is a very big no-no among the navigator houses, and probably counted as tech-heresy. While it did give her some advantages (you get some useful traits with the background), the experiment failed to prevent mutations, so her house ended up comitting tech-heresy for nothing. Understandably she was very keen on not letting anybody know about it.
>>
>>50158608
Part of the GM's setting is that warriors are expected to feel the "thrill" and those who don't are considered lesser. My guy was one of the warrior class folk, but when he started losing the thrill he left to do spy work. Then, he uncovered evidence that his partner was double-crossing him and blew a hole in his skull. He finally felt the thrill again after all these years and he wants it back.
>>
>>50158472

I am a gestapo officer in an alternative '70 world where nazi won and zombie apocalypse happened.

I am also a war desertor
>>
He acts suspicious and shifty to get attention.
Beneath his skeevy appearance, he's actually pretty mild and boring.
>>
File: laff.gif (202KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
laff.gif
202KB, 500x284px
>>50158861
>As a manifestation of her subconscious, it has no filter on what it says, and the party thinks it's a little shit...

10/10 trolling potential while being completely in-character. Will steal next time I play a character with a familiar.
>>
He's an Ex-hitman (the party has more or less gathered this) and isn't even Russian (but they have no idea about this one).
>>
>>50158472
My character wears bandages all over their body to hide the fact that she's female.

She hides the fact that she's female, because the party will eventually find this out, and they won't dig deeper to discover she's a face changing shapeshifter.
>>
My human fighter's deepest secret is that he raped his childhood sweetheart when he came home after his army unit got disbanded.

He joined the army to prove to her that he was a strong guy that could take care of her and when he comes back he sees her walking hand in hand with the scrawny apprentice scribe and kiss him.
That caused something in my character to snap, as he had endured all the death and terror of war to prove himself to her. He lures her out in a field to their old hangout spot and rapes her. After that he grabs his old gear and heads out to join the first mercenary band he comes across.

He feels really horrible and guilty about it now that he's had time to think and feels like he can't face her again after what happened, even just to ask for forgiveness.
>>
File: 1435806760727.jpg (319KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1435806760727.jpg
319KB, 960x638px
She doesn't actually keep many secrets. Biggest one us probably the stack of platinum bars she hides under her bed.
>>
>>50158539
>>50159680

A baby-killer and a rapist... you guys are dark.

But I like it because neither one is try-hard edgy.
>>
>>50158472
He isn't actually from a Latin country, he was born in New Hampshire to immigrant parents, but he would never admit that
>>
>>50158472
My fighter is so near-sighted he's almost blind. He tells the rest of the group that he doesn't use bows or thrown weapons because they're dishonorable when really, he just can't fucking see what he's trying to hit.
>>
Playing nWoD Changeling. My character gave up her unborn child in order to stop the torture of her Keeper.

Now that she's back, she sees that her fetch (a duplicate left by the fae so that humans don't suspect anything) has engaged her bf and is pregnant.

My character is already quite low on the morality scale so to speak, so she plans to wait when the child is born and kill the fetch and take her place. Might even go for the fucked up "carve the child out of her womb" scenario
>>
>>50158579
Now that's interesting, how do you even hide that?
>>
He calls himself a Communist but he doesn't really know much of anything about Communism. He just likes all the cool red flags and Soviet imagery.
>>
>>50159231
that's bretty good, like a matryoshka
>>
>>50158472
>What is your current character's deepest darkest secret?
He's the runaway of family of weapons dealers, who briefly turned him into a Drider.

Oh. And his canesword is possessed by a Dragon Lich. He hasn't told a single member of the party, because while he IS a lich, said lich DID save his soul from being eaten. And he's on a redemption kick, blame the party for being so damn noble around his CN ass.
>>
>>50160153
so he's the average american college student?
>>
>>50158472
He cares about the party rogue a great deal, but she doesn't feel the same way. So he doesn't talk about it, bottles it up and avoids being alone with her for fear of screwing up and letting it out.

He resents the bard. This is made all the more awkward by the fact that the bard is a good guy, he just has a habit of making him uncomfortable and jealous at the same time. Sometimes he wishes the bard would betray the party in some spectacularly dickish fashion so he could feel justified for not liking him.

The wizard represents almost everything he hates in his fellow man. He's indirect, dishonest, cowardly and values money far more than he does the accomplishments that earn that money. But every time they're in downtime the wizard makes this weird by being friendly towards him.

The witch is a harlot and the only things that bothers him more than her reckless use of her body for pointless hedonism is her inability to make a decision on her own. He'd almost see her as alright, but she'd need to keep her clothes on for a while and grow a spine for that to be the case.

He's not even sure why he does this anymore. He could join a bigger company and make money doing safer work, he could settle down and find some entirely non-violent way to make a living. Instead, he hangs out with a bunch of people who make him unhappy and uncomfortable risking his life for rewards that might not even be there.
>>
>>50160161
Correct, except he loves guns, is from London, and has never stepped foot in an academic institution. I probably should have mentioned he was an Ork Street Samurai in a Shadowrun 4e game.
>>
>>50158472
She wants to fuck her daughter
>>
>>50158472

He actually enjoys his life as a sellsword, and knows he couldn't hack it in the real world. He also has a serious case of survivors guilt about the mercenary company he once worked for, but that's slightly more obvious.

5e human fighter, for reference.
>>
>>50158472
She's fucked the rapscallion pilot and actually loves him in a way.
>>
File: shieldmaiden.jpg (529KB, 622x900px) Image search: [Google]
shieldmaiden.jpg
529KB, 622x900px
My character is a female Barbarian. She is something of a stereotype. She is surly, coarse, spends all her coin on drink, is a shameless muff diver and prone to excessive violence. She was abandoned on the door step of an ancient order of monster hunters. Whilst she is very good at what she does, the order wants nothing to do with her. She wanders from job to job, getting into trouble but always managing to find her way out to the other side, usually with a few coins for her troubles.

She is actually a demigod. Her mother is the goddess of war, fire and retribution. Her father was a thief who tried to steal her mothers sword and ended up seducing a goddess who wasn't accustomed to flattery and foreplay. Every year, on her birthday, her mother comes down to the mortal plane to crawl out of a blacksmithing forge or blood soaked battle ground to see how her daughter is getting on.
>>
>>50158472
he's a self-insert
>>
>>50161045
Pls, OP said "secrets".
>>
File: 13425436468957.jpg (242KB, 1100x1741px) Image search: [Google]
13425436468957.jpg
242KB, 1100x1741px
My current character is a sorcerer that specializes in storm magic. He claims to be an urchin and man of the people but his biggest secret is that his mother is a duchess and she has people searching for him to bring him home and become an heir to her name complete with a noble wife. He doesn't want to come home because he wants to hone his craft.
>>
My character has survivors guilt after his clan disappeared and he was ordered to stay behind. He felt like he should have died with his friends and family, and resents being left behind to remember them. This is why he adventures. He says he's looking for them, knowing they're still alive, but he knows that they're dead and he's just trying to join them.
>>
File: dvd1.jpg (138KB, 1680x1048px) Image search: [Google]
dvd1.jpg
138KB, 1680x1048px
>>50158472
He ran, or at least helped run, a Nazi Death camp.
No, seriously.

He was the SS's attempt to create the ultimate assassin, and for the time, he met their expectations. Once the war was at an end, he was thrown in stasis and disposed of, only be to found by a Saeder-Krupp surveying team.

Now running alongside the rest of the team, he has realized how much has changed, and is wary of the past.
>>
>>50161309
>wary of the past
As in, he's having a Coming to Damascus moment about having been a Nazi?
>>
GM in current game asked us each to come up with a secret that onky he would know for the time being.

Game is a multiverse setting, party is made up of people who've been sent out by mysterious benefactors with the tools to jump between worlds to try and solve the issue of 'the worlds are colliding and will destroy us all'.

I joined part-way so it was determined I was from a different verse compared to the party, same mission.

My secret: All Humans in my reality were killed in a long race war, that was 100 years prior to now.

When you travel to a new world your physical form is altered to conform to the local reality (Don't ask me, GMs idea).

What this means is that the party still doesn't know I'm a bear.
>>
>>50158472
I'm GMing but the party adopted an NPC so I figure that counts. He's an awkward bookish pyromancer who is actually working for a group of vigilantes sworn to eradicate evil in all forms, no matter the cost. Think paladins but willing to lie, cheat, extort, and murder anyone and everyone that gets in their way. Sort of a 'Good but not Nice' kind of deal. Given the party is as close to Lawful Good as it gets, he's keeping his allegiances secret for now. He doesn't plan on screwing the party over, more like he's keeping an eye on them and making sure they don't go against his organization's best interests.
>>
My character wishes she stayed home.

Because her current group is the epitome of murderhobos, they're now wanted in 4 different countries, evil and good forces are chasing them, and leaving apparently means certain death.

she'll never find a place she'll be accepted at this rate.
>>
>>50161401
>What this means is that the party still doesn't know I'm a bear
10/10, you got me good there
>>
>>50161368
Yeah.
He's a fun character to play, mostly because I have have this ultra-nationalistic mindset, yet everything he sees points to his once proud views as clearly the wrong course.

One great moment was when we infiltrated a mega warehouse protected by Stoddard. Nazibot was in charge of interrogation.
He ended up lecturing the captive guard on civility and how badly he impersonates a true Nazi.
>>
>>50158472

He doesn't want to be a part of this shitty game any more.
>>
>>50161684
Sounds like they're Bad Company
>>
>>50159680
Be honest anon, are you an ex soldier who was KEKED while on tour?
>>
>>50161401
So you're Sir Bearington turned up to 11. Nice.
>>
that goblin is cute
>>
File: 1414214243710.jpg (109KB, 372x619px) Image search: [Google]
1414214243710.jpg
109KB, 372x619px
>>50158472
PTSD (although not named as such because medieval fantasy stasis)

My char has nightmares about the people he's killed and the battles he was a part of when in the army. I roll a d20 for every night and on a 1-2 i have to take a willpower test or be fatigued the next morning.

Before willingly entering a fight i have to take a willpower test (usually not difficult and ambushes don't count as "survival instinct and training takes over unconsciously")

It helps I have high willpower (Gunslinger so WIS is high) so the party hasn't figured it out yet. It also helps that I have low CHA and basically play my char as a stone-faced grizzled old veteran who doesn't say much.

It's actually a lot of fun to roleplay as.
>>
>>50158472
He knows that the half elf wizard the party thinks is girly man is actually just a girl. But he's only about half aware that it's a secret in the first place and just sort of goes along with it thinking they all know but don't bring it up. He's real secret is that he has a crush on her.
He also doesn't realise that the party thinks he's a very butch lesbian.
>>
>>50163851
So not only does the rest of the party know the wizard is female, but they also think your character is a woman as well?
>>
>>50158472
Despite being an almost LG law-abiding citizen that prefers non-lethal means to solving conflicts, he's actually a simmering anarchist that's hoping for negotiations to finally break down for once so he can take a fight seriously.

This also means that ever since the party leader went behind everyone's backs and fucked up an already unsalvageably-trashed library "because knowledge like that can be dangerous", my character has been hoping for a moment to stab him in the back for being such a self-righteous douchebag that thinks he can give orders like we're his squadron of guards.
>>
>>50163901
They think the wizard is male. When introduced during the first season we rolled perception to see if she passed as a guy, and despite it being a low check that we expected everyone to make I was the only one who did. When all the others started greeting "him" as male ("Welcome young man," etc.) my character was confused but assumed they knew "he" was a girl but didn't say so for some reason. My character is a barbarian who I mentioned was wearing a shirt in the description, and someone made a joke that the only explanation for a barb to cover their chest is if they're a woman. It's a fairly lighthearted campaign so we rolled with it.
>>
File: 1447115225866.gif (1MB, 269x151px) Image search: [Google]
1447115225866.gif
1MB, 269x151px
My character's secret is that he wants to marry one of the PC.
>>
File: 1451874332893.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
1451874332893.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>50164082
>Public perception is that the female barbarian is crushing on the male wizard
>It's the other way around
Unbelievable.
>>
>>50162880
Nah but one of my friends were. Though he didn't snap as badly. He just dropped the bitch and drowned his sorrows in booze for a week
>>
File: nyehehe cartoony smile small.png (181KB, 800x728px) Image search: [Google]
nyehehe cartoony smile small.png
181KB, 800x728px
DM here. My favorite PC/Enemy is an insane, weak, rude, incredibly arrogant old madman who thinks he's a classic dastardly villain, a sort of eldritch god with dark powers, and a famous celebrity all at once. Of course, he's really just a weak old fool, but he doesn't know or won't admit it. He thinks he's the best at everything, loves cackling and twirling his moustache, and speaks in third person with lots of abbreviation.

Before he went insane due to an actual eldritch god, his wife, along with the rest of their village, was killed by a Lich's undead brigade while he was away buying books for the library they kept. This brought him to rampant alcoholism, which soon led him to join the eldritch old god's cult during an incredibly drunken state. It was only in recent months did he escape. A mix of guilt and regret from his wife's death and the eldritch god's influence turned him into the madman he is today. He also grew to like the party, though he often claims to dislike and be far superior to everyone. Worst of all, he used to wear glasses. He desperately hides all of this from the players

Also the wife is going to be a sub-boss when they fight that particular Lich, because she was an hunter and trapper in life. He will be present.
>>
My character is a private investigator who's on a case. He's alluded to having a shitty past before getting that detective job.

The reason? He was a fairly high-class prostitute between the ages of 13 and 18, which is how he got most of his underground contacts. It was definitely better than starving to death, but it gave him real problems with sweet-talking people or showing respect to nobles.
>>
File: ziraak.jpg (147KB, 1280x1246px) Image search: [Google]
ziraak.jpg
147KB, 1280x1246px
He calls everyone "bro" or "my friend," even if they are not his bro or his friend.
>>
My character is secretly a transman?
>>
>>50158472
I'm currently writing a book for /tg/, to distribute for free on the 1d4chan wiki.

There are two deuteragonists, and each has a secret.

Male lead: He knows the circumstances of his death have been written in fate, and he can't escape it.

Female lead: She's a prototype High Succubus who survived rejection by Asmodeus, and she has eternal youth that only a god can detect.
>>
>>50161848
>>50162971
They don't even know out of character, and it means that all my in-character knowledge of Humans is based off 100+ year old documents.
>>
>>50163851
>>50164108
>tfw no pure love in my campaigns
>>
>>50160893
This is the most Tumblr anything I've ever read, but at least you're honest about it.
>>
Less of a "character" secret, more of a "party" secret.
>My druid accidentally summoned a Succubus
>While he was level 2
>>
>>50166078
>classic origin story of mythological heroes, coupled with a female barbarian
>tumblr
????????????????
>>
File: 1475203307254.jpg (49KB, 540x320px) Image search: [Google]
1475203307254.jpg
49KB, 540x320px
>>50158472
Despite being a depressed, amoral loner, all he really wants is to see his family again.
>>
>>50164667
this is a good character
>>
>>50166741
He saw female first, the rest of the post didn't matter.
Ignore him, anon, there are a lot of stupid people on /tg/, especially these days.
>fa/tg/uys scream about how normies will ruin their hobby
>/tg/ is actually being ruined by other kinds of nerds who are ignorant to the panoply of /tg/ interests, rather than "normies"
>>
File: Unlife.jpg (183KB, 2000x3437px) Image search: [Google]
Unlife.jpg
183KB, 2000x3437px
Fledgeling DM here: My favorite character within the setting is one of the deities, specifically the New God of Death. He hardly ever communes with his worshippers or attends divine court, in fact the little known about him is gleaned from scraps of text that have been determined to come from another time or dimension.

In truth, he is merely a fragment of a mortal who ascended long ago. He also hates deities, himself most of all. The reason for this is that he's a PC from the last campaign, whose entire family was killed for a minor transgression against their god. His dying brother made him promise to end all divine power.

He became a lich to extend his lifespan, but regrets it and his ascension as he feels that he's lost all his humanity. He believes that his only choice is to destroy everything and start over so he can finally fulfill his promise.
>>
Stretching the definition of current, but I've got a chaos space marine who bears no outward indications of his origins, nor does he speak of them. Generally stoic, the only time he seems to truly enjoy anything is when ordering khornates to charge.

He is a pre-heresy World Eater that utterly despises what the Nails did to his once-proud legion. Managed to not get a set of Nails himself because [muffled words]. Why does he like berserker charges? Because he gets to watch the frothing retards die.
>>
A travelling ranger with a talent for cooking and nature magiks joins a rag-tag group of adventurers.
He cooks what he kills and serves it to the party.
They haven't questioned where the food comes from for a while now. The latest dish was the human bandits we cleared out
>>
File: 8cnj0La.gif (5MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
8cnj0La.gif
5MB, 250x187px
>>50160112
> Yes DO IT
>>
>>50158472
Half-Elf Sorcerer with an emphasis on Enchantment/Illusion magic.

His secret is he's a prince who fled his homeland after killing his love interest's brother.

That campaign never went anywhere, which is okay, the campaign within itself was pretty meh.
>>
>>50158472
He's Kilroy
>>
File: 1451353356783-4.jpg (84KB, 736x952px) Image search: [Google]
1451353356783-4.jpg
84KB, 736x952px
Fyodor, paladin of Reikland, left his young daughter to fend for herself after his wife died from an epidemic, carrying out her holy symbol for his use.
>>
My character was considering betraying the party and absconding with a valuable book, to use as a bargaining chip with the fantasy mafia. After some rough encounters after deciding against that course of action, he is now very seriously considering his previous stance again.
>>
File: Familiar.jpg (76KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
Familiar.jpg
76KB, 550x600px
My elderly Wizard is slowly drifting away from other people. His Dread Familiar is managing to convince him to abandon ethical constraints and pursue darker lines of inquiry and knowledge. He feels the years weighing heavily on his soul and body, knowing that he hasn't got much time left. Before he came to Ravenloft, he was okay with that, but since he arrived he's beginning to think that the Demiplane of Dread might not release his soul, even in death.

The idea of being trapped there for eternity is crushing to him. He's beginning to consider alternatives to dying, all the while helping others to spearhead adventuring efforts and expeditions throughout the Core.
>>
>>50162092
>TFW this is the dark secret of half the characters I've played the past year.
>>
>>50158472
"Soon the bounty for those suckers will be high enough for retirement"
And GM is aware of this plan
>>
Hobgoblin Warlord that participated in the Cleansing Wars and was cursed with immortality. He gained control over his battalion as time went on but made a mistake that ended in his battalion's suicide-by-Tucker's Kobolds. He now wanders Athas as a haunted nomad.
>>
His soaps are made out of elves. He is about as evil as the stereotypes he fights so hard.
>>
>>50165886
Does... Does this mean you make Human Lore checks?
>>
File: link.png (251KB, 456x299px) Image search: [Google]
link.png
251KB, 456x299px
I love threads like these, but I can't even post mine because my fellow players linked me to this thread and are reading it.
>>
File: 1477493679865.jpg (49KB, 624x450px) Image search: [Google]
1477493679865.jpg
49KB, 624x450px
well, this is more "canon secrets"

my protagonist has a magical field around him that causes everyone to want to eat his shit
because of a magic ring he wore one time
most of the kings of the races [fairies(all of them), the human god king, the dwarf kingafter he escapes from reality during the reset of time are all omniscient, and none of them are really sure whos actually thinking.the answer is me, or possibly cthulhu who can see through the aether

also, the writer accidently realised he put screens in every room of the godkings castle, which contains all possible souls of manking both fictional and real(akashic records), as well as tons of other realities via that connection, and so goes bty the name "link" and can blink rapidly enough to give (infinitypeople/aspectconsidered=infinity) people seizures.

AMA, i have conquered all space and time with the power of the screen
>>
>>50158472
He says that the stench of death follows him everywhere he goes after a lover scorned cursed him.

In reality, he is incredibly flatulent.
>>
>>50168351
whoops, forgot to close a spoiler.
>>
>>50165886
While not nearly as cool of a secret background as that, this reminds me of a clone I played a long time ago who had implanted memories from someone else specifically to make up for being rush-grown to adulthood in a tube over a few months.

Said someone else's memories had been extracted like twenty years ago and what this resulted in was a character who made extremely dated pop culture references for someone their age.
>>
>>50168409
groovy.
>>
>>50158534
So, how old is an under-age elf girl?
>>
The Evil Overlord type BBEG is actually the paladin's uncle, brainwashed and possessed by the evil plate armor, 30 years after he was last seen fighting its precessesor.

The cycle has been going on forever now, the true nature of the armor never unvealed before.
>>
My rogue fights with twin maces because she used to be a cleric of the goddess of agriculture and fertility.

She was excommunicated when it was found out that she was sterile and was cast out onto the streets. She has a hard time giving up her beliefs and still fights with her faith despite the church having turned its back on her.
>>
My character is part of a order that was made for the betterment of mankind but eventually became a twisted and broken version of itself, corrupted by greed. Soon they disbanded and wondered the world, some for glory, some for gold. My character thought that humanity still needed him, so he fights and kills in the name of "humanity." When the sad fact is he doesn't know why he still kills and fights anymore, he just does it because it's all he knows.
>>
My monk is a young, enthusiastic, idealist who deeply believes in heroism. The rest of the party waffles between resigned acceptance and begrudging admiration at his ridiculously upbeat dedication to upholding justice and his willingness to throw himself headlong into danger for the sake of others.

The truth is, he's absolutely enamoured with dying heroically. It's an all-consuming obsession. He's not depressed, or even suicidal, really. He's genuinely satisfied with his life. There's no great tragedy in his past haunting him, no grave sin he feels guilt over. He just sees it as the ultimate expression of his goals and motivations. He has every intention of going down fighting tooth and nail, because to give anything but his best would make it worthless. But he wants that death.

The other characters think he's just kind of reckless and shortsighted, if well meaning, although the cleric's started lecturing him about how often he needs healing. If they actually ask the right way, he'll flat out tell them what he's trying to do, but they haven't quite caught on yet.
>>
Human Rogue here- character comes from a wealthy crime family that also holds political power. He's the black sheep of the family because he'd rather isolate himself from the crimes of his family than be a part of it. He secretly plots to murder his family in order to be the head of their crime syndicate and reform it into a political empire.

He still does immoral actions such as stealing and murder, but he doesn't believe in large scale crime to the point of tyranny.
>>
>>50158472
I have a pathfinder warpriest who started out as a Swashbuckler who was a drug addict, a few thousand gold from the party went missing one night, character became so riddled with guilt that he pledged his life to Sarenrae and gave up quite a bit of wealth so the party would be at their original wealth, he never told them nor does he plan to do so.

I know it's a bit scummy from a player point of view.
>>
>>50161309
You better not be the guy in the SR thread asking how dumb it would be if his character had 75% Hitler DNA.
>>
Right now my Malk is planning on killing the local Prince and a few elders as well, by slamming a plane into their apartment. Christian fundamentalists under his pull will finish them off, and the ghouled EMTs/first responders will ensure no obvious vampric skellingtons make it to normal eyes.

After that he'll turn on the Sabbat leaders he's been selling out to, and then let the leader of the independents in the area know what he's done (minus the Sabbat bit), as well as giving an offer to join said Sabbat. My PC is publicly a member of the independents in the area, fr the record. After that, he'll leave the area for good.

The idea is to make the independents ally more closely with the Camarilla, which just lost every leader that opposed direct against the Sabbat...who happen to have lost a good chunk of their leadership as well.
>>
He's secretly an Infernalist obsessed with raping and diablerizing hapless Anarch sluts and Caitiff trollops
>>
DM here. Over the past year I've been trying to slowly replace each character with shapeshifters. When all seven players think they're the only traitor I'll "accidentally" reveal one at a time somehow.
>>
>>50170071
neat.
when do they become a single blob of matter/energy and have to solve decisions by each player rolling a d20 for the borg check?
ties are solved with rock paper scissors 4/7
losers must accept the main intention[which must be explained in full by the winner of the borg check] and must continue with the intention of the previous borg decision as their primary objective until the next conflict of decision.
>>
Her psychic powers have advanced to the stage where her mind is overwhelming her, she's constantly overwhelmed by the noise of thoughts, she's always bored and detached because she can predict outcomes to situations, and she constantly forgets she has a physical body to take care of.

To this end she's building an army of constructs with herself helming a psychic network spread between them to shed her physical form so she can start a mass war with the end goal either being cause enough chaos that she's interested in the world again or the total eradication of life so she'll be able to have peace and quiet in her head.
>>
>>50168568
Not much of a goddess if she can't change something directly linked to her portfolio.
>>
File: 1476609433396.gif (2MB, 208x208px) Image search: [Google]
1476609433396.gif
2MB, 208x208px
>>50170220
hivemind please.
step one: create "Dwarves" made of stone.
step two: cause dwarves to be able to hear and listen to all thoughts as commands
step three: make someone think "become air, expand to all potential regions of space, become stone again"

alchemy is the death of magic.
>>
>>50159871
I like this
>>
>>50159871
this is humorous, underrated to boot.
>>
Character is the classic "has to die honorably in battle" type of guy because his wife/daughter were killed during a war and in order to go to his version of heaven he also has to die in battle.

The secret is he has a disease that he knows is killing him and he's trying to make another member of the party strong enough to 1v1 him so he can finally die before the disease kills him unhonorably
>>
>>50158584

Then the party rogue dodges the explosions around his neck.
>>
That my character has close to combat paralysis levels of dread when the fighting starts, despite her outward maverick bravado.

The only reason she keeps that up is to assure herself and try to reinforce her squadron's morale.
>>
>>50158472
Every single time my character says she's sorry for killing or trying to kill someone she's not really sorry. It's just because it's socially unacceptable not to say you're sorry after massacring dozens of Orc women and children or being mind controlled into going berserker on the rest of the party and almost killing two of them.
>>
>>50158472
The Rogue Trader playboy has a pretty big crush on the Explorator. That she's all cuddly and touchy-feely when she stays over is nice and she's the kind of genuinely nice but ambitious sort he likes, caring but strong-willed.

He wants so badly to marry her but then the GM dangles this quest to maybe revive from a soulstone this Eldar lass and it's a situation that he is loathe to be in, hates being made to choose like this.

So sure, sleep with a hundred women over the course of a few years, yeah, great. He just wants to settle down and repopulate his family line with this super amazing woman buuut he can't tear himself away from all these other great things long enough.
>>
>>50163851
Are half elf wizard traps common? I made one recently, too
>>
He's a Paladin of the setting's TN God of proper funeral rites and burial. The setting has outlawed Necromancy as one of the most hideous crimes in existence. Naturally, the party's Sorcerer is secretly a Necromancer.
He knows. He knows, but hasn't done anything about it, because there is one thing he has to know above all else, and asking his old mentor's corpse is the only way to find out.
>>
>>50170991
>there is one thing he has to know above all else, and asking his old mentor's corpse is the only way to find out.
Was my father really a rabbit?
>>
His secret is that he has no secret, although the party finds him increasingly more suspicious BECAUSE there's nothing suspicious about him.

It's... been a conundrum.
>>
File: Alkaiser-Res.png (327KB, 675x500px) Image search: [Google]
Alkaiser-Res.png
327KB, 675x500px
>>50167141
I've got something similar

Lawful Good God of Lawful Goodness, patron to wannabee heroes, paladins, etc. Constantly at war with the God of Destruction, Madness, and BBEGs. He's actually The chosen one of the original Lawful Good God from ages past who ascended to Godhood after losing in a battle to defeat the God of Madness, his goal is to uphold the beliefs of the original God, and make sure the world remains protected. The God of Madness however is the original God of Lawful Goodness, who was corrupted by an evil alien force. After his chosen one took up the mantle of Good it basically ceased to have a form and has to manipulate the party to do its bidding.

And they never suspected it
>>
>>50170951
>A man's eternal struggle between the redheaded blacksmith's daughter back home and the feisty elf that makes jackoff motions every time he goes to his tent
>IN SPACE
>>
>>50158472
It's been a weird campaign with a bunch of players making gnome lolis and flirty catgirls and dropping whatever character they're currently playing for a new whim every few weeks or so. Every PC, without fail, is bisexual and flirts with every other PC, especially my own for some godforsaken reason.

The secret is that the character, an alchemist, accidentally sterilized herself at a very young age by testing one too many potions on herself, and is now incapable of romantic feelings (or much of anything besides 'vague polite happiness') as an adult. Everyone assumes it's just romantic naivete, and there's been OOC bets on who will be able to woo her first. They never will.
>>
>>50158472
>share a true secret to pay for travel
my character is so skilled in lies that doesn't need a bluff check
>>
>>50159231
Why isn't she shapeshifting into a male?
>>
>>50171040
It's funny you should say that, because he's Catfolk.
>>
>Be an Thri Kreen Alchemist
>Hate every other race beside Thri Kreen
>Likes to make people suffer cause edgy
>Seems somewhat nice to the party but sometimes accidentally do stuff that my make them think otherwise
>I make potions with drugs in them and hand them to the party.
>They take it without question cause "Dis position makes me stronger/faster/harder ;)
>Watch them slowly become to addicted to my drug filled potions
>They are getting withdrawals effects now and they don't know why.
>I say I know how to cure it and i 'do' by giving then the drug they need
>They trust me more than ever.

I love watching them slowly wither away.
>>
>>50171181
>Being evil to your own party with no redeeming qualities

You're the type of fucker that shows up to the game and everyone is like

"Oh you made it...Th-that's good..yeah. "
>>
>>50171202
I always play good characters since I've always dislike the whole evil edgy thing. But I decided to try it out and found it was kinda fun. The DM is okay with it but said if i get caught and they kill me/kick my character out of the group i will have to let them.
I'm just trying new things and in our group of good friends we don't mind this type of stuff.
>>
My slightly smarter than average Lizardfolk think the ancient Sun-god of his people blessed and empowered him for his faith, the truth he's starting to suspect is that he is an accidental warlock.
TL;DR Lizardfolk aren't terribly bright
>>
>>50171181
>Be neutral evil Warlock worshiping a Goddess of the Void
>Fully announce this in and out of character
>Helping party because "Even though everything will be erased in her wake, this is still fun for the time being
>Help in and out of combat and be a generally (nice) guy, even the Paladin tolerates me
>There's this one Fighter who can not stand my shit and consistently tries to butt in during conversations with NPCs and tell people to disregard him, he worships (Evil Goddess) after all
>Eventually get tired of the bullshit and make him believe he's being mindraped by a Necromancer-bro while I've been poisoning him with Quicksilver this entire time

I'm not proud of it, but I still had fun.
>>
>>50171239
evil thri kreen guy.
It does feel good, knowing why they are getting fucked. But it feels even better since they trust you. Sadly one of the party members OD on a healing potion and they sound me out. They killed me before I could react.
>>
>>50171269
Ehhhhh
There's a fine line between returning the favor and being a dick for dicks sake.
Giving the party drugged potions and then giving them the "antidote" is fucking brilliant for a "domesticated evil" party member.
Until it gets to the point where it directly interferes with the party having fun
>>
>>50158472
My character isn't butthurt about humans. He's scared shitless about them.
>>
My Goblin Marrowsnap has an intense fear of fire, so much that he will leave the camp when a campfire is made. This wouldn't be much of a problem if he wasn't travelling with the daughter of his tribe's chieftain and his bride to be, a fairly notorious pyromaniac, arsonist, and pride of the Goblin race.
>>
>>50158472
That elf lady barbarian is actually an orc warchief...
Well, its a secret to him, because he is in denial.
>>
>>50158472
He got raped by his abusive uncle. He was also the one who pushed the man down the well, killing him.
>>
>>50158472

Bumbling summoner mage and his otherworldly armor-eater pet/familiar in a world where summon magic is outlawed from everyone other than a small, secular cabal of mages.

He recently figured out that because of his heritage, he has potential to rival the masters of every forbidden school of magic...and pitiful ability for any other school of magic. Add to that the fact that his theft of summon magic tomes from the academy library managed to tick off the forbidden magic school cabals something fierce, and the fact that several of those schools of magic were outlawed for a very good reason...
>>
The DMPC quest giver lost a war forged he made to a God of one plane of existence and either will grow to accept it, or sacrifice a few other planes to fight back. This all hinges on how heroic/villainous the parties involved will be.

He is also so horrifyingly optimized I'll be amazed if all three parties involved can kill him. They just tend not to use any more power offensively than needed.
>>
Playing Out of the Abyss, Magun claims to hate the Drow because they killed his clan, the truth is he doesn't know if his clan is destroyed or not, he was magically slept and taken into slavery by the Drow and really hates them because he lost a fight.
>>
File: spooked slime.jpg (39KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
spooked slime.jpg
39KB, 500x667px
my terrible secret is that i have a skeleton deep inside me, waiting to burst out and spook the world and rattle some bones
>>
>>50158472
>My characters family died in a mortar strike during a civil war
>Other players think it was just the people who he lived/worked with
>It was actually his fiance and unborn child
>Every year he tries to visit her grave, but he's frequently kept away on travels

>Constantly uses jokes to hide what he's actually feeling
>Begins to think of the party as a new "family"
>Is terrified to lose any of them
>>
>>50167552
Are you a Bosmer?
>>
His penis isn't anywhere near as big as party members have speculated during idle chatter.
>>
File: 0 filter.jpg (106KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
0 filter.jpg
106KB, 1334x750px
>>50159214
>>50158861
>>
>>50171078
Funny, I suspect this is the actual dark secret of one of my fellow PCs right now.
>>
>>50171148
Because her pretending to be female is, in and of itself, another layer of deceit.

Eventually someone finds out her 'big secret' is that she's got a pair of tits and then they'll step off on the scrutiny, making her actual secret less likely to be discovered.
>>
>>50168880
That's a really neat idea actually
>>
>>50169627
That is a pretty fucking awesome plan(e) and you should feel proud of yourself if you pull that off
>>
>>50169647
I am gong to guess he is not on a Humanity path?
>>
File: 123123141.jpg (216KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
123123141.jpg
216KB, 1280x960px
I play a scatterbrained narcoleptic Tiefling with an absolute grueling hatred for necromancers and undead of all kinds who wanders the world looking to slay any she comes across as revenge for causing her much grief in the past.

Twist is, unbeknownst to her and everyone else in the party, Tiefling in the setting are what happens to someone when they die and get raised back to "normal". As opposed to turned into thralls, ghouls, or mindless zombies. Making her an undead herself.
>>
My current character is a wizard that is too physically weak and small for adventuring, he instead relies on his cohort to carry the load.

The party has no idea that the wizard and his familiar don't have "share spells" or anything like that, the bat flying above the battle is my character raining unholy devastation on the enemies, not the almost literally mindless commoner dressed in wizard finery that hides at the first sign of trouble.
>>
>>50171377
>He is also so horrifyingly optimized I'll be amazed if all three parties involved can kill him
Wait, are you running 3 separate games in one setting?
>>
>>50172812
forgot to mention: the necklace that the commoner wears allows my character to speak and move through him as if it was his own body, similar to magic jar but not quite. The first time the necklace was taken, was also the first time my awakened bat character saw actual bloodshed. I thought my cover was blown but the party got it back as soon as the guy started freaking the fuck out.

We've been playing for about 2 1/2 months now, I'm amazed that not a single other player has figured it out yet even though everyone was trying to figure out everyone else's secrets.
>>
>>50172846
>>50172812
Have they noticed the bat? Do they think it's a familiar?
>>
>>50171148
Because hiding the fact you're a a blood-drinking shapeshifter is going to win you less friends than hiding the fact that you're female. And what >>50172155 said, the others are less likely to look beyond the obvious lie once it gets discovered.
>>
>>50172846
How was the commoner freaking out? Surely if he was screaming "who am I, where am I" that would be suspicious
>>
>>50172869
They just think it's a weird pet, and wizards are known for their eccentricities. GM let me grab a "familiar"(basically just a commoner cohort without anything special except that he has a small birthmark in the shape of an open book on his back) instead of a normal spellbook. It's basically like a pathfinder witch's familiar but much less useful simply because he has no idea what he's doing and if he dies I'm fucked royally.

Here's a list of things my familiar has been caught doing that they just chock up to weird wizardry shit and what they really are:
>Never letting me out of his sight. If I go missing, he's shit out of luck and half a world away from home without even a single level except his 2 commoner levels to help him
>Taking extra care in grooming his pet. I can't reach areas that need cleaning on occasion and my giant jazz-hand wings can't hold a brush or bottle very well
>Throwing his bat into battle and getting out of dodge asap. He's fucked in battle, but I'm able to fly and cast fireball with him safely out of splash damage range, win/win
>Holding me close when he sleeps. Just in case I decide to abandon him at night
>Looking at me before speaking. He's checking if I'm gonna do anything or not and as reassurance that I know what to do, sorta as a sanity and "confidence in me" booster
>>
>>50172919
Nah, it was a mutual thing: commoner wanted to see the world and was willing to do anything, my character needed a pack mule and a huge (to him) body to do things with.

But anyways here's what happened: Drunk barbarian pulled the necklace off and snapped the clasp a little, GM also rolled intimidate for added value. Commoner starts backing away slowly and saying that he didn't want any trouble, almost wetting himself before I start making a clatter with my squeaking and nuzzling against the guy to start calming him down. Roll for initiative, commoner back up to the wall as the party members 'rassle the drunk to the ground and I fly to snatch the necklace. next turn the drunk gets out and locks eyes with the commoner, I fly and drop the necklace on him then he gets the clasp to hold for a bit (readied action) and books it out the door. Next turn, my character wings out of the place and the other three put the beat down on the drunk asshole, each of them bitching both in and out of character at mine. After the fight is settled they demand an explanation, and I come up with a shitty story about how the necklace was a gift from my grandmother on her deathbed and how it always inspired me to help even when I'm not seen, but when I don't have it I get so shell-shocked and frightened that I can't do anything. The dumb fuckers bought it and never really gave much thought to it, cleric thought it was strange though, but never actually did anything to prove my story.
>>
My thief after being forced out of home by party shenanigans, and being threatend into working along with them by the party Ebuhl Guy Ltd. is planning to lure the party into a trap.

He was forced out of his home by happenstance as the party is blamed for the assassination of the emperor. Point is that he just wrote a letter home in his own language which nobody speaks.

DM is in on it, and other players don't suspect a thing behind my thief besides that it's a wimpy little push-over. Little do they know that when they think OCly we're going on my 'personal plot' to get a fake MacGuffin that they'll run into a contingent of guards ready to load 'em up and send 'em home.

Tbh most likely my character will die, but it'll be a cool death befitting the character and teaching the other players to stop bullying NPC's/Characters since they might retort for once.
>>
>>50158472
I'm playing a scientist obsessed with eradicating the supernatural, forced to work with a werewolf and a Changeling. The rest of the cell thinks I'm plotting to kill both of them.

I'm fucking the werewolf
>>
File: Fighter M sword.png (623KB, 792x1118px) Image search: [Google]
Fighter M sword.png
623KB, 792x1118px
My character's father sold his soul to eldritch entities he made a warlock pact with in exchange for power when he was a baby. He basically spent the majority of his life without a soul and had to learn how to fake his own emotions and empathy in order to fit in with society.

He tries to do what he considers to be the rational thing to do in most situations and travels around as a mercenary searching for a reason to live other than for its own sake. He wouldn't mind if he reclaimed his soul someday, but it isn't necessarily his top priority. His acting is convincing enough to the party that they don't suspect anything is wrong with him and he generally tries to be helpful when he can such as forging weapons and armor for them if they request it.
>>
>>50170071
Do it "Meet the Spy"

"It could be you. It could be me! It could even be you!"
>>
>>50171130
My Knowledge: History check tells me otherwise. It's an ancient method of deception called a "shop". After witnessing many of them in my time, it is easy to identify depending on the pixels.
>>
>>50158472
My character doesn't use coasters.
>>
>>50173998
You monster!
>>
File: 20161108_163615(0).jpg (1MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161108_163615(0).jpg
1MB, 5312x2988px
>>50160252
>>
In a former life my character was a rapist. He raped an individual and was punished for it (exiled and had his left arm removed). He doesn't want the party to know they knew he committed a crime but not what.
>>
She's extremely vindictive and self righteous. At one point the party sided with a group of NPCs who were planning to kill civilians being used as bloodbags by a cult of vampires, to prevent the risk of vampirism spreading to huge levels. She refused and even pulled a gun on the party but backed down after failing a self-imposed willpower test to actually open fire.
Afterwards, she tracked down said NPCs and killed them, unbeknownst to the party.
>>
>>50158472
My character is a bard/fighter doppelganger in a mythic gestalt campaign.
The first secret, revealed against his will, was his identity as a doppelganger.
His second secret, still kept, is that he poisoned a man to assume his identity and gain his power. The man ended up being a mythic, a fact he didnt know at the time.

He is otherwise a virtuous, righteous, justice-loving dude. He isn't evil, he was just extremely envious in his youth, like all doppelgangers of the setting are. they are born wanting the forms of others.
>>
File: LaughingCruiseMan.jpg (84KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingCruiseMan.jpg
84KB, 682x600px
I don't have many actual secrets for the characters I'm playing right now, but there was the time I played a shapeshifter that pretended to be a 12 year old boy in a homebrewed system/setting. Backstory wise, that was going pretty well for him until his parents (and the rest of his village) got grabbed by slavers, leaving him hiding under floorboards like a total puss until the coast was clear. His schtick was that he got adopted by one of the party members who vowed to help him find his "parents", and he was a "prodigy" in medicine and healing techniques. Which was bullshit, because he was cheating with magic the whole goddamn time, and was also almost 20. When the party finally found out (via complicated bullshit trap that stole shadows, and due to how his shapeshifting worked, left his ACTUAL shadow when it stole the one from his disguise) that the wide-eyed, innocent 12 year old who had performed multiple lifesaving surgeries by that point was not in fact an innocent 12 year old, minds were blown and iron bonds of trust shattered like glass. The "kid" had a gun pointed to his head for half of the exchange, until the party realized that maybe they had more important things to deal with than the identity of the person that had been keeping their asses alive.

>mfw me and the GM had managed to keep this under wraps for over a year before a complete oversight in a trap's mechanics spoiled everything
>mfw to this day the ass blasting from the party realizing what I had been pulling still causes me to crack a smile
>mfw the game died shortly after for unrelated reasons, and I am forever saddened by how I will never get to try picking up the pieces of all that shattered trust
Changelings were the only good part of "that one cartoon", and are probably the only reason I ever got seriously involved with anybody in that fandom.
>>
>>50158472

Character was designed to beat the final encounter of an Adventure Path with 100% success rate.

Not even the GM has put it all together... yet.
>>
>>50174346
Tell me more
>>
>>50158472
My favorite character I played was in a Pathfinder game. Somewhere out there exists a race called Iron Dwarves, essentially midget dwarf versions of that metal dude in Deadpool.
In the campaign, Iron Dwarves were treated as Slaves because of the inherit danger from their bodies, they were not a separate race. They were a test subjects, by using the Density Spell they did this.

One day my character was running errands for his father, the Patriarch of his Outpost. When quite suddenly, the biggest fucking war host of Greenskins attacked. Nearly a Million strong. The guards were slaughtered within an hour, fleeing back to the Citadel and helping prepare fortifications. He begged the High Priest to preform the ritual. He did so, by the time the ritual was over, reinforcements had arrived for a nearby patrol of Human allies. He had barely managed to get his ax ready when the fighting stopped.

My Iron Dwarf was captured quickly, with his newfound strength. He accidentally killed his only brother. Shattering his jaw with his iron fists. He was brought before his father, mutated and shamed. His once thick hair fell out in clumps due to his new mutation. His father had the High Priest, his Great Uncle and close friend executed a declared a heretic. His body was left in the fields to rot. He declared his Son a heretic and outcast. To be shunned by all Dwarves and their allies. To add injury to insult, he removed his son's stones and branded him across his back and chest.

He wanders the world, covered in thick bandages and a cloak. Looking for redemption and a purpose for his miserable existence.

He later found out that his father hung himself. Denying himself a place among his ancestors. Because his father was the only one that could remove the brand of the outcast, Ragar Slagborn is forever damned to be a monster of Magic. Until the stars die and the Death Gods decend on the world.
>>
>>50174340
>that one cartoon
I am curious, which one are you talking about?
>>
>>50164735
10,000% savage
Make sure that remains a secret.
>>
My current character a Kitsune Samurai/Magus shares the soul of my first character which our party leader murdered after he collected a small band of ex-cultists. The party leader still claims to be Lawful Good though.
>>
>>50170224
You expect the goddess to go out of her way and fix the infertility of every acolyte who claims they worship her?
>>
>>50174461
the one about horses
>>
>>50174461
See >>50174585
I got talked into joining a game that was some bizarro crossover involving MLP and Fallout. I only did it because the shapeshifting race was new and the idea of playing race that sustained themselves off of positive emotions was intriguing to me, even if I didn't really like anything else. That and the people weren't total faggotrons somehow.
>>
>>50174451
That's a pretty cool character, anon. Hope the game goes somewhere nice

>>50174585
>>50174613
I remember hearing about that crossover. Still, the fact that people seem to care about changelings only from there is slightly ticking my autism
>>
>>50174139
Chaotic Evil, yo!
>>
>>50158472
>>50158472
The Rogue Trader playboy has a pretty big crush on the Explorator. That she's all cuddly and touchy-feely when she stays over is nice and she's the kind of genuinely nice but ambitious sort he likes, caring but strong-willed.

He wants so badly to marry her but then the GM dangles this quest to maybe revive from a soulstone this Eldar lass and it's a situation that he is loathe to be in, hates being made to choose like this.

So sure, sleep with a hundred women over the course of a few years, yeah, great. He just wants to settle down and repopulate his family line with this super amazing woman buuut he can't tear himself away from all these other great things long enough.
>>
>>50174178
Is this edgy?
>>
My GMPC for Shadowrun is secretly a double agent for the mafia that my players are trying to take down. He's been leading them on runs that have been helping the Frateli Family this entire time.
>>
>>50174451
>Metal dude in Deadpool

You mean Colossus?
>>
My character is a skilled fighter that is known for talking down enemies, negotiating, and deflecting conflicts instead of choosing violence as the first option.

He's actually a stone cold sociopath that regards other human life as nothing and only talks instead of fighting in order to practice understanding how normal people work. He's quite proud of being able to successfully pretend he cares about other people's feelings in a supportive manner and understand emotional standpoints. The party thinks he has PTSD and wants to avoid violence.
>>
>>50176728
>edgy but pretends to be not edgy
Pretty neat.
>>
>>50173083
I can honestly dig this story since a lot of players sometimes get into the comedic sociopath groove and forget that sometimes other people in the setting will try to own them for it.
>>
>>50173217
I really like this.
>>
>>50158472
I can hold my breath for 10 minutes.
>>
My Psion is a venomous, petty jackass loudmouth who stirs personal trouble in the party, although stopping short of anything that would endanger the group, and only barely makes up for total lack of combat prowess with spellcasting, and barely sounds interested in saving the world.

My character is terminally ill due to family betrayal and has a complex about trust, or making friends that won't just immediately go and die on him even though he really loves people. He's going out on a limb to risk the few years he has left to save a world he might not last long enough to enjoy personally.
>>
My shadowrun character just wants to retire from the job and settle down with another PC, but is kept from doing that due to one of the other characters being a little girl he feels obligated to protect.

A part of him wants her to die so he'd have no reason to keep doing jobs, but he never would vocalize something he feels is a disgusting thought.
>>
>>50172402
Evil Revelations, son. Follower of Orobas the Glutton, a big bad demon dude with appetites to match.
>>
>>50158472
My character is actively trying to wipe out what remains of non-mutant humanity, and subjecting mutants he finds to horrific experiments. If they're useful enough he uses a combination of gene therapy, drugs, and good old fashion charisma to get them to see things his way.

His secret is that his organization is structured in such a way that all the blame will fall on his shoulders, and his end game is to create a race that won't just kill itself again with nukes.
>>
>>50174461
Yes.
>>
>>50176528
Yes.
>>
>>50160175
It's because of the rogue right?
>>
>>50177263
I feel like the 'I care for this person but sometimes feel like everything would be easier if they weren't there' deal is tragically underutilized in fiction, which is sad given how it's such a human thing and not as rare as people would hope.
>>
I'm currently playing the wimpiest synthesist summoner ever, but I harden the fuck up the moment I activate my eidolon. It's something of a task to force the eidolon out though, and it's chaotic evil and hard to control. Party begins every fight trying to piss the wimpy elf off enough to activate his stand, essentially, who pulls his weight really hard in encounters.

The secret is that the wimpy elf is just a persona, the eidolon is in full possession of the host and is using the party to gain full corporeality. (He's also actually lawful evil).
>>
>>50177263
This hits too close to home.
>>
>>50158472
My Undine Fighter, found a cursed sword, that keeps manipulating him through his dreams to gradually turn him evil and conquer the known world, which is slowly turning into a reality right under my party's nose.
>>
My character's mother is a magical girl. He does not actually know this, and it has only come up because I'm playing his uncle in a different game, set a few years before the other one. His uncle is going to end up needing to team up with his mother, a magical girl single mother, in order to find a serial killer and their demon-worshipping cult.

Fucking elves.
>>
File: and so he spoke.png (89KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
and so he spoke.png
89KB, 350x197px
My squire is a bastard of the recently destroyed House Reyne. Protecting him from the Lannisters is why I came to Essos in the first place.
>>
Not really a secret of my own character but i'll tell anyway

>party has a paladin PC with a shield that has the spirit of their father who was a great warrior inside of it
>find out as i find the paladin talking to their shield
>be a rogue so jew senses kick in
>"Spirit of a great warrior huh? I bet i can sell it for great profit"
>steal the shield from the paladin as they are sleeping
>try to sell it to someone on the streets since all the shops are closed during night.
>come across a robed figure with a mask, they agree to take the shield for a large sum of gold because "that shield actually belongs to my family and i have to hide my identity because im of a royal bloodline"
>fuck up all checks to see if he is legit so agree to sell the shield to him
>turns out he was a cultist who used the shield for a demonic ritual
>the spirit of the paladin's father gets so pissed he becomes a boss for the party to fight
>the paladin knows whose fault it is
>fuck
>>
>>50171104
...literally Sheogorath and Jyggalag but without the blue-and-orange ethics and Greymarch?
>>
>>50171122
Sooo... If the only possible answer is no-one, do you take the whole pool?
>>
My character is on a watchlist because he's been doing a lot of research on a former terrorist who for some reason was pardoned. He also got caught trying to steal a classified file and he's been warned that if he steps out of line again he'll be sent to a gulag, or possibly just murdered and thrown in an unmarked grave.

Which is a lot for a 13 year old to handle.
>>
>>50181821
This sounds like the intro to a Nickelodeon show.
>>
>>50182104
You're not too far off desu, but AFAIK it never aired on Nicklodeon
>>
>>50158972
Is your GM a fan of Brandon Sanderson by any chance?
>>
File: 119 - EdQcxIg.png (39KB, 492x569px) Image search: [Google]
119 - EdQcxIg.png
39KB, 492x569px
keeping it kinda vague because other PC's read /tg/.

My character is a 'Fallen paladin', my party thinks he fell after he was the sole survivor of the massacre of his home Church, he still upholds the ideals of the Paladins, and prays nightly.
the other PCs think he is journeying to do good and reclaim his lost faith.
but really, he didn't survive the massacre, and there was no massacre. he was the only Paladin around when the cultists attacked, and he managed to fend almost half of them off, but he was struck down (melted by eldritch fire) by their leader (BBEG of the current chapter of our campaign) and with his final breath as his flesh melted from his bones proclaimed "im not done yet" and then just got back up and removed an important part of anatomy from the cult leader, but the undead are not accepted in his religion, and was cast out to find a way to die. so now he's a skeleton walking around in full plate armour (stuffed full of cloth) trying to finally get into Not!Heaven

he's managed to avoid detection for the last 7 months, but as we come to the end of the cult storyline the DM is trying to force a confrontation, lots of rust monsters and onsens (fucking weeb that he is), but luckily the other PC's just think I'm lazily playing a paladin by refusing the pleasures of the flesh and remaining in armour at all time ("if only i had been ready on the day of the massacre")

I'm pretty sure we're about 2 sessions away from just straight up meeting some-one from my church who will just straight up tell the others.
>>
File: 1408766954527s.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1408766954527s.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>50182448
>>
>>50158472
My Kobold Bushwacker has a plan to kill everyone in the party just in case shit goes totally wrong
>>
>>50182130
Oh?
Sounds cool
>>
>>50183872
Isn't that like
You know
Normal?
>>
>>50169297
Nah, I was the guy like two months ago who asked how to create a "low-tech cyborg."
>>
>>50184299
use bioaugs durr
>>
>>50158472
DtD game. Actually a follower of Tiamat, in a party with two followers of Bahumat. Doesn't actually worship Tiamat explicitly, but does apply her teachings to the corporate lifestyle, and plans on using any information that could be used to restore Tiamat, to instead advance her own power.
>>
I have been playing as a scientist in a Space Opera for almost 2 years now. Since our first session my character has been building robutt animals in his lab only stating that he is an old lonely man and building them is the one thing but still brings him joy.

Little does the party realize that my ultimate goal is to form my own small scaled Voltron. In fact, I'm only one robutt grizzly away from my goal.

Luckly my DM has been ultra Bro it hasn't told anyone about my plans and is even given me chances to get AI cores for all my metal amigos.

That feel when the party think that I've been working on my entourage to fuel some weird techno-bestiality fetish because a series of jokes by the captain and the general weirdness of my character.
>>
>>50184487
Nazibot is running on an antique, tesla nerve replacment, represented by an Omegaware Move-by-Wire system.
>>
My Knight has secured the fate of his plane, twice. Once by repelling a demon crusade, with the help of the late Paladin of the Realm (after his death, I inherited the title 'Knight of the Realm') and the second time by restoring an ancient insane god who was lashing at our world to sanity and returning him to his post.

He has since banded 100 men and women together to act as protectors of the realm and he has spent any and all down-time between these things securing long standing and deep rooted alliances between the factions and nations of the land, offering his undivided protection to all.

Sitting in his castle tower he is slowly, but certainly, seeing himself as the absolute jurisdiction in this plane, whilst maintaining a lovable and humble contentedness in his position. He will most likely soon consider himself the arbiter and judge of this realm and act accordingly, going as far as to consider himself its God, if he is left to his devices. His only fear is his traveling companion of 40 years not seeing eye to eye on this and is become incredibly bitter, sad, angry and disgusted with his mounting readiness to 'deal' with his friend, if the time should come- for the good of the realm and its peoples.
>>
Changeling, who ended up getting taken away from his life as a pro gambler in vegas, which he'd done after abandoning his math-professorship in despair at any hope of accomplishing anything meaningful or having a comfortable life. He came back to find his fetch had failed at gambling, met a woman working in the homeless shelter nearby who'd got him on his feet and secured him a job at an accounting firm. He'd gotten the little house in the suburbs, the white picket fence, everything. And Jack Gurgeh hated him for it, because he'd done everything Jack had wanted, but thought he'd never be able to do. But jack couldn't hurt the person who loved his fetch, who might've loved him. It felt wrong. So, he ended up arranging a peace treaty with the fetch... then arranging some allies to do his plan for him: Knocking the fetch's wife unconcious, forcing a bottle of Lethe river water past her throat diluted to bring her back to an hour before she met the fetch in question, and then murder the fetch and dispose of his body permanently.

He's a hero, as far as anyone else is convinced.
>>
>>50158472
My cleric of Talos only worships Talos because he has nothing left. When the ship he was on got destroyed in a storm, all of his friends died. A prayer to Talos was the only thing that he believes kept him from dying. Otherwise, he just acts like a boisterous viking war priest.
>>
>>50158472

Breaking orders and ordering a bayonet charge to French lines that got most of the troops involved dead and his leg mangled so it's useless, dead weight. Not to mention the amount of PTSD to go with that
>>
File: 1474916011121.jpg (110KB, 803x994px) Image search: [Google]
1474916011121.jpg
110KB, 803x994px
>My dwarven fighter has a cousin thats a wizard
Party found out after a drunk night of celebration that lead to passing out in a dukes wine cellar.

>he got kicked out of his clan and lost all rights to the leaders spot because he wouldn't agree to excommunicate his cousin.
>hes now shunned and thankful that the party had to help a plot hook kill demons
>he hates his family and is planning on killing the all of them to ensure no one can take up the clan leader spot except his cousin. The wizard.
>>
My PC is the daughter of minor nobility who ran away from home during the middle of her teen years because she felt like she was being stifled. Her parents WERE overbearing, but loving nonetheless.

She wound up falling into banditry just to survive. Her little group raided a passing carriage. You can guess who it belonged to. As young as they were, they weren't at all combat hardened and while they did manage to "win", two aside from her remained, and both her parents and the guards had been killed. The loot was fucking awful besides because they weren't exactly loaded, just upper middle class basically. The guilt is intense and she can never bear to return to her home city, since her parents had had plenty of connections and friends she could never face. Because even if they didn't know, she did.

this is my first game
>>
>>50158472
He has charged every party member 50% more than base crafting price to create magical items.
Each party member has one magical item he's made enchanted with two spells, in addition to whatever buffs needed: teleport and prestidigitation with keyword activation.
He is currently in contact with his insane but powerful queen to build her a warforged body to have her "live forever". These spells are incase they are gathered to be executed, he has already told her they are simply imbued with disintegration. If they stray too far from her design he'll gather them in front of her to tell them each they they "truly are my closest friends". This will set off their items, leaving a pile of dust while they're hopefully teleported 200 some odd miles into another country close to a safehouse cabin he built if such the need arises.
The cabin has provisions and a means of contacting him if they dare continue to defy her. He's confident they can think of something, otherwise the queen will hopefully not check for failsafes in her new body.
>>
>>50160199
So, he's a regular London teenager?

>>50158472
She doesn't have any deep, dark secrets as such. She's not the scheming type.
Her biggest secret is her secret identity. Or, rather, her legal identity, that holds down a job and lives in a shitty apartment in the projects.
The decker from a prior party helped set up a system that provides a proper record of activities, with comings and goings and food/entertainment billing sorted out through little hacks and automatic drone activities.

The real her is a shadowrunner that works part-time but always seems to need to keep running for money, set up on a fake SIN and identity with her runner name.

Neither is licensed for the cyberware, weaponry, or vehicle. That's not a secret, though; I just forgot I needed them, so I'm playing it off as it not even crossing her mind.
I think she thinks she's some sort of superhero.
>>
>>50168481
In 5e D&D at least Elves are mentioned to age at roughly the same rate as humans but aren't considered socially adults until they are about 110.
>>
File: 1467181115358.jpg (241KB, 659x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1467181115358.jpg
241KB, 659x1024px
He keeps his secrets not because he's a paranoid fuck but because he's fully aware that if the other PCs know them, they will be terrified of how powerful he's become.
They all think they can stop him if he goes to the bad and if they knew what he's done, they'd realize they don't stand a chance, if he gets the drop on them.

He's pulling strings they don't even know exist.
Got an army that no one knows about.
Has a spy network that is buried deep in society, so deep that even our spymaster doesn't know about it.
If he pulls his economic influence, then the Kingdom will drop into a depression and people will starve by the hundreds.
He's befriended gods and slain them.

He's incredibly, absurdly dangerous, obscenely ambitious and has maneuvered things such that no one would ever really believe he'd go to the bad, until it was too late.
And if he destroyed all his rivals, ticked all the boxes, ran the entire thing like the god damn Red Wedding? People wouldn't believe it, they'd cheer him on as he took the throne. After all, he's such a nice person and would never do such a thing.
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.