[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about paladins falling. Is it more courageous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: bridge.jpg (43KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
bridge.jpg
43KB, 360x480px
Let's talk about paladins falling.
Is it more courageous for a paladin to cross the rickety bridge, testing if it is safe and risking falling through any rotten board?
Or is it more courageous for the paladin to cross last, taking the risk of going over the bridge that has taken the abuse of all the other party members crossing it and damaging it further?
>>
A true paladin would cross first to test it, then jump in the water and swim back across so they could be the last to take it as well
>>
>>50157297
>DM doesn't force paladin to fall
>paladin does it of his own free will
Good group
>>
>>50157297
B-But what if he just swam in the first place?
>>
>>50157281
Depends. Is there an angry mob/dragon/horde behind the party? If so, staying behind is more courageous.
>>
>>50157361
It's more a matter of the bridge actively falling apart as they cross it.

Pursuing mob is optional.
>>
>>50157281
Two main ways this can go down
>The party needs to get across urgently in a life-or-death case
Paladin goes last, because the party dies if they stay anyways and in this case there's at least the chance the person in heavy armor doesn't bust the bridge first.
>The party needs to cross but has plenty of time to consider the situation
The paladin in heavy armor crosses first to ensure the bridge is capable of supporting their weight (and thus the weight of anyone else in the party, hopefully).
>>
>>50157394
Now, for added complication:
Where in the order does the medicine for the orphans go?
>>
>>50157432
>Urgent
Lightest person that can carry it goes first
>Time Allowed
Paladin tests the bridge and the lightest person that can carry it follows him. If the paladin is the only person that can carry the medicine, he or she sheds armor to do it.
>>
Paladin 101 Exam II Question 3:
If you are approached by a member of the peasantry that claims a member of the nobility has committed some grave wrong against them, what is the proper method of proceeding?
Does this answer change if you are not considered a member of the local law enforcement, and if so, how?
>>
>>50157549

You thoroughly investigate the claim. If you find the pesant to have been lying, yoy convict him for slander. IF he was being truthful you attempt to rectify the situation. If you have th legal authority, address the situation yourself. IF you do not, appeal to those who do. IF the authorities are corrupt and evil lead a revolt and set up a LG utopia before leaving, because as the virtuous pala din you have no desire to lord it over the people, and wish merely to continue wandering the land doing good and championing the cause of righteousness .
>>
>>50157600
The revolt is a bit much, but points for completeness.
I'm gonna submit another question and wait to see if anyone else does as well.
Question 4:
You are in a tower with your loyal wizard ally, the princess the two of you have set out to retrieve from the dragon, and a local prisoner of the dragon.
After being slain, the dragon spitefully set the tower you are in on fire, preventing you from moving down the way you came. Falling from such a height would be deadly, and your wizard friend, seeking to protect you and your allies, has expended all of his spells slaying the dragon. You have a rope that reaches far enough out a nearby window to lower the other people to where they can fall safely, but there is nothing to tie it to and the fire is closing in. You know that you can hold the rope long enough for two others to be guaranteed safe passage down- you cannot be sure the third person will survive if you lower them down the same way.
You know that you, your friend the wizard, and the Princess are all Good, but you do not know who the prisoner is or his code of morals. Who do you choose to let down the rope, in what order, and why?
>>
>>50157651

The princess is lowered down the rope first. We came here to rescue her. Myself and the wizard both accepted this quest knowing we may die in the attempt. Therefore the only logical thing is to insure the princess survives by lowering her first. The wizard goes second. Because me duty is to save the princess. Alignment asside, sending the wizard gives us the highest odds of completing the mission. I don't know if I can trust the prisoner with the princess, or that he would be able to deliver her safely if I could. The wizard I know to be capable, and dedicates to the cause. After lowering them down, I will try to find a way out with the prisoner, but sometimes you just can't save everyone and if I die, I know I died doing the best I could and I trust that the gods are merciful and understanding.
>>
>>50157334
Then how would the others know that the bridge is safe?
>>
>>50157702
Full points.
Sending the Princess down first is all-around the best answer, as it guarantees the safety of the charge you swore to protect.
Sending the prisoner down after the princess, while certainly noble, is also naive and could lead your mission to end badly if you are not able to correctly judge the prisoner's disposition. Furthermore, your wizard friend deserves life at least as much as the prisoner, and sending him down ensures the mission is completed.

All right, I'm feeling write-itchy tonight.
Question 5:
You are trapped in a dungeon room with a magical statue. The statue has two talking heads, one on each side of a bust, and magic reveals that at least one of them is attempting to deceive you. Each of them states that the only way to leave the room is by destroying the other one and leaving them intact. You have a magical sword that is capable of splitting rock efficiently that you picked up from the dungeon. How do you proceed? Assume you are able to detect evil at least one more time.
>>
>>50157838
Assuming the deceiving statue must alway lie, I'd ask them if I ask which statue should I destroy, who does the deceiving statue point to?
>>
>>50157281
Ahhh
Fuck.
>>
>>50157918
That's a good answer, assuming that the deceiving statue must always lie. I realize that this was a badly asked question now, but what if there was the possibility that the statue will tell the truth in order to protect itself?
I was sort of going for 'Seperate the heads carefully using the sword and then detect evil', but that's a correct answer.
>>
>>50157838
I use the sword to cut my way through the dungeon wall.
>>
A truly courageous paladin

1) crosses first to test it
2) crosses again to double test it
3) carries each party member across
>>
File: 1449890211540.jpg (39KB, 610x592px) Image search: [Google]
1449890211540.jpg
39KB, 610x592px
>>50157981
...You pass.
I don't think I'm qualified to ask any more questions.
>>
>>50157918
High int answer

>>50157981
High wis answer
>>
Question number 6:
Standard kobayashi maru situation; enemy:klingons; passangers of the kobayashi: teens in their way to the Academy. Notes: klingon routine programmed to never believe you are the deadliest son of a bitch in space; corrected errors in the physics engine; limited the data imput from the captain's chair.
>>
>>50158570
Range on teleporters?
>>
>>50158587
Not enough to not enter the neutral zone.
Less than their weapon range.
>>
>>50158587
Just made a check myself: Assuming at any point in a warpspeed travel the two ships are within 10,000 kilometer range, it's possible using Montgomery Scott's transwarp beaming method to shift passengers from the Kobayashi to the ship I command. It's not the most accurate method, but it's better than assured death to the crew.
>>
Fuck, im never going to pass paladin school
>>
>>50158570
Solution: Ramming speed.
>>
>>50157600
Do I know this peasant? If not then he isn't a member of the church!

SMITE AND CLEAVE!!!
>>
File: for fucks sake.jpg (10KB, 190x222px) Image search: [Google]
for fucks sake.jpg
10KB, 190x222px
>>50158001
>implying you don't cross it a third time with a rock equal to the weight of the other heaviest person in your party just to make sure the combined weight won't collapse the bridge
>>
>>50162887
>Paladin of Testerararararararararara
>The god of QA testers and Self Loathing.

He then proceeded to cross the bridge backwards, go under the bridge, went half way across the bridge before turning back, and went carried the first person back over the bridge to ensure it was repeatable.
>>
>>50164632
you know, paladins would fall less if they went over the bridge only once or twice
>>
>>50157334
>>50157297

Paladins can't float and thus can't swim (ironically, just like witches), that's why it's such a dick move to make a paladin fall.
>>
>>50157981
High Str answer
>>
File: 1468239023028.jpg (17KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1468239023028.jpg
17KB, 680x383px
>>50164729
>>
>>50157651
>loyal wizard ally
>loyal
>wizard
The ridiculous nonsense they teach in Paladin classes these days...
>>
Question number 7, Crusader-Paladin pattern:
Albeit rare, there is always the chance of a fully-fledged religion-war among the follower of two deities.
While being engaged in such a war and coming across a barely-defended/undefended village, that follows the opposing god , what shall a paladin do, given that he has detect evil, and has troops with himself?
>>
File: 1429151670222.jpg (266KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1429151670222.jpg
266KB, 800x500px
>>50165519
Firstly, the village should not be attacked as raiding and pillaging innocents is a heinous violation of your code. A guarding force should be maintained in order to occupy the village as territory in the war, and missionaries left to help foster belief (or at the least dissuade resentment) from the locals. The occupying force should use their detection skills to monitor the village and react just as they would with offenders at home.
However detect evil likely won't help much since it only detects outsiders and not alignment
>>
>>50157281
Lightest party member goes first, carrying a rope.
>trusting rickety-ass bridges
>ever
Shiggy diggy do-dah-day
>>
>>50165587
>practical rogue ruining a perfectly good paladin conundrum
>>
>>50165274
I feel like I need more ways of saying "the paladin fell"
>>
>>50166034
Unoathorized activity?
>>
>>50166613
Elevationally challenged?
>>
>>50166633
Autumnal.
>>
>>50165519
Enact a military cordon on the village to prevent them from providing aid to enemy forces but otherwise leave them unmolested. If they have suffered due to the war lend whatever aid that can be spared in order to foster good relation with the population of future territories. If things go well enough they may be brought over to our side more easily thus reducing future resources that would be expended on evangelizing.
>>
>>50157281
>Paladin crosses bridge
>Leave the goat, and returns
>Take the wolf over, and bring back the goat
>Leave the goat, and take over the cabbage
>Leave the cabbage with the wolf, and go back for the goat
Did I do it?
>>
>>50158570
Hack 4chan to edit the previous post, making the parameters easier.
Er....wait...that's not really what a Paladin would do...
Dammit, I tricked myself into thinking inside the box.
>>
>>50157918
I decide based on a coin flip because I think both are lying and I secretly use a double sided coin I had with me all along to trick them in to admitting they are both the liars. Joey and I high-five
>>
File: 7292027.jpg (25KB, 405x236px) Image search: [Google]
7292027.jpg
25KB, 405x236px
>>50157281
>passing on boards
>not passing on the rope
paladins, when will they learn?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.